Rippling

1125 Software options

Derrick M.

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Namely, TriNet Hire and Justworks

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.
Misty marie W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Rippling Is a Life Saver

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Everything about Rippling has exceeded our expectations. From the software, to the people we deal with, moving to Rippling has proven to be one of the best choices we've made as a company. We also appreciate that they are always moving forward with additions and improvements. This company is truly innovative and the best option out there today!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to get setup, get all of our employees into the system and using it regularly, and how easy it is to manage most of our HR data.

Cons

The PTO app could use some work, but the support team is working on improvements. It works well but some of our employees are a bit confused by the app sometimes.

Mario a. A.

Rippling in my day by day

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Pros

I like that is easy to interect with all the features I need.
looking for someone or updating administrative information could be nonsense sometimes, because you could spend there yuor wholeday and Rippling gives it to you instantly.

Cons

Sometimes I cannot see bank account details where I would like to see them, but I think its better to download a report of that sensitive information. because its safer.

Alysha T.

I am excited to implement Rippling !

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

From the demo through implementation, our Rippling experience has been top notch so far. The team is very responsive and the system is extremely user friendly and customizable. I would highly recommend this to small HR teams looking to streamline processes.

Pros

Rippling has been a great solution for us as a small company without an IT department. We are able to streamline our on-boarding and off-boarding processes, making it easy to order equipment and remotely update software on our employees' computers. Our employees love the easy app based user interface, making it easy to download paystubs, update personal information, enroll in benefits, and submit FSA receipts all in one platform!

Cons

The only con I have run into so far is the lack of phone support for administrators. With that being said, the team has been very responsive via email!

Namely, Gusto and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

The customer support at Paychex is segregated so you have to call a different numbers for every issue, which consumes a great deal of time. The platform is also not very customizable, especially for the price. Lastly, as a new administrator for the platform, it was like pulling teeth to get training and information about what package our company signed up for as well as the pricing breakdown.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling's platform was the most user friendly as customizable. Rippling also offered us an all-in-one platform at great price. I am very satisfied with the platform so far and would recommend it highly!
Ryan D.

Unique vision, powerful platform, excellent service

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

We were looking for a one stop shop to manage employee lifecycle (onboarding, management, offboarding) without having to have dedicated IT resources or disrupt our valuable engineers to carry out basic tasks like account provisioning and laptop configuration. While most HR platforms handle the basics of payroll and benefits, Rippling was unique in its approach to solving the IT side of the equation without having to build custom workflows or write a whole lot of scripts.

Overall, Rippling delivers on their vision and is backed by a great team of onboarding and success managers to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our employees are taken care of.

Pros

Rippling was intuitive and easy to get up and running. Setup was self guided with helpful information to ensure that we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.

The initial load of employee data took little to no time and other than a couple of employees who struggled to upload their photos, I didn't have to assist anyone in setting up their profile, completing necessary documents, or setting up their bank account for payroll. Similar to onboarding employees for payroll, the benefits onboarding experience was straightforward, enabling us to rollout medical, dental, vision, and 401K all in one shot.

From here, it's time to get the IT side of the house in order, and we're excited to have an integrated experience that not only handles traditional HR onboarding, but also ensure that new employees arrive on day one ready to work, with a laptop and all their necessary software and SaaS accounts provisioned.

Cons

The overall application navigation was a little clumsy when we were first onboarded, lacking a breadcrumb menu experience that meant you had to return to the home screen to move between areas of the platform. That said, Rippling was highly responsive to feedback, and over the subsequent weeks rolled out revisions to their overall user experience that represent a significant improvement in moving between various areas of the platform.

Outside of that, there are a couple of areas I'd like to see improved. The first is to provide support for basic time entry, enabling contractors or hourly workers to log their time. This doesn't need to be fancy as there are dedicated offerings for companies that require advanced capabilities, but something as simple as hours per day would suffice. On top of that, it would be nice to provide a payroll calendar that is accessible to employees. Right now I can access the calendar as an admin, but perhaps make that available to everyone in the company.

Zenefits and Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Completeness of vision and breadth of capabilities. Gusto was P2 in the end, and while the overall product UI is more compelling, the IT management capabilities of Rippling (while coming in at a price premium) pushed them ahead.
Mike S.

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on.

Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder.

Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

Paylocity

WAY more integrated
Barbara P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Love Rippling!

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

We have integrated many of our systems together and continue to work with Rippling to get them all integrated. Rippling is a great long-term partner. They are very responsive and work hard to eliminate all barriers and get the "wish list" items implemented. The Support folks at Rippling are amazing to work with and are very timely and detailed with their responses.

Pros

This IT based payroll system is amazing! We are now paying our folks weekly - our restaurant team members LOVE this! The folks at Rippling want to integrate with as many groups as possible and don't nickel and dime you about the integration. They learn how to integrate, set a time table to make it happen and keep you posted on the progress along the way. The reporting in Rippling is amazing!

Cons

There are a few things that are missing; they don't have a true rehire process (you can rehire folks, easily, but it creates a second/third profile for the person - this leads to other potential issues/concerns), they do not have a mechanism for logging folks on "leave of absence".

So far So good

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Overall, this is the easiest payroll system I have ever used. I especially enjoyed the ease of set up.

Pros

After a year of using this product I am very happy with how easy it is to use and process payroll. I love the integration with Quickbooks Online and how it automatically books the journal entries after the payroll is completed.

Cons

The navigation on the payroll page annoys me because of how you have to expand the page every time you want to see past payrolls. You cannot keep the page expanded.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We had too many employees

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

The price and adaptability and integrations with other products
Varoon K.

Rippling - Maximum Benefits, Minimum Interference

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

It has made my life as the Lead HR for our organization easier.

Pros

Having worked with Rippling from optimizing it for our business, to incrementally implementing Rippling towards integration with our other applications.

The process has been one that is easy and straightforward.

Processes such as Employee Onboarding, PTO management, Documentation etc. handled using different applications are all now housed under one umbrella.

Everything is just a click away.

Rippling has been instrumental in the seamless increase of our team size, we stared at 15 members across two geographies in March 2019, to 80 people now in April 2020.

Cons

Integrating apps that arent in the marketplace isnt as easy as it could be.

But it has become more efficient in recent months.

We are seeing Rippling evolve over the year and a half I have used it.

To be perfectly honest, I started as a detractor. But now, I would definitely recommend Rippling to any Business Practitioner looking to run a successful business.

Anuraag T.

Best Payroll Choice

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

Fantastic!

Pros

- Combines IT with HR to help our employees get onboarded
- Great document management tools
- Quick Support
- Easy to use interface

Cons

- The rigid process for a few apps doesn't leave room for customization
- Site can be buggy at times, but nothing concerning
- Would be nice if they bundled pricing again, it can get expensive with all of the bells and whistles per employee

SurePayroll, RUN Powered by ADP and Patriot Payroll

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling is more comprehensive when it comes to helping our employees get onboarded or terminated from Manifest.

Gusto
Angela j J.
  • Industry: Utilities

Looking for something that needs a lot of customization?

Reviewed on 08/04/2021

GREAT!

Pros

then this is the payroll service for you!
Everything about rippling is customizable. EVERYTHING.
use friendly. Easy. Efficient - it's work to get it up and going, but its NOT hard or difficult - totally worth it.

Cons

1. I would like to be able to create "folders" where you can separate different documents/files with in the employees "document" section of their profile. - so not everything is clustered together.
2. Less steps for an EE to change their time forward and backward - it's kind of a pain in the A** and for people who aren't tech savvy - they just don't get it.
3. the app version on rippling is wayyy more glitchy than the web - it boots us out all the time.
4. Web based version should be made to scale down to tablet and phone screen size.

Riishiraj P.

Great product backed by prompt service

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

So far I have been using it for little less than a year. We had one hiccup with earlier than usual funds withdrawal, but once I emailed them they fixed everything very quickly. I am very satisfied using this app.

Pros

The software UI is modern, well designed and intuitive. On boarding can be a little difficult if you are not familiar with all the tax and other details, but there is help. The apps are good and integration with bank and Gsuite works well. There are many features and services and they go out of their way to help and explain. I hope they can scale up, as we are less than 10 employees. have not yet used the insurance services so can't review that. Overall I really like using them.

Cons

On boarding can be complicated with various codes and acronyms. Some training materials or links to useful info could be very useful.

Justworks and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Pricing, service and the hands on demo with very prompt on boarding.
Javier A.

Easy benefit management

Reviewed on 05/11/2021

Overall, service is great . Easy access to pay slips, time off request and benefits.

Pros

It was very simple to review my current benefit enrollment before making new elections .

Cons

The browser extension is managed by organization , when sharing a screen on a call adding a new tab would add rippling home . Not to bad but shows employee home

Lee Z.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reporting as fraud - zero customer support

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

Rippling took $1000 from me for a 5-person package. When I realized it didn't perform the way they said it would, I asked for a refund. To be specific, they assured me that I could use Rippling in the same way that I use DocuSign. When I tried to upload contracts to send them for signature, the platform wouldn't allow that function. I was going to have to completely re-enter a 15-page contract manually in their online 'editing' box before I could send the document for signature. This wasn't what I was told during my original walk-through, so I requested a refund as that was my main need.
When I requested my refund, I received no reply- the person that sold me the package ghosted me, Rippling kept my money and canceled my account. There is no other way to contact their team other than email, and I sent several emails over months before giving up. Going to have to issue a statement about fraud to my bank to try and reverse the charge now.

Pros

Nothing. Never got to actually use it because they de-activated my account and kept my money.

Cons

Their "portal" for documents to be e-signed is like a bad version of google docs- without the ability to import. You literally cannot import a pre-made document. You can paste the content and reformat it- so good luck with anyone transferring from another platform, anyone with pre-existing documents, basically anyone that wants to edit a document outside of their terrible text editor.

DocuSign, Zenefits and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I thought Rippling would be an all-in-one piece of software, and I was wrong.

DocuSign

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I was told that Rippling would out-perform Zenefits, QuickBooks and DocuSign combined. That turned out to be a lie, and I am now out over $1000.00. They have no customer support. Good luck getting any issues resolved or getting anyone to help you if you need a refund. When I asked for a refund, my account was cancelled, I was ghosted and no refund was ever issued.
Chris M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Forget ADP, Paychex or Ceridian

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

With Rippling, we spend so much less time fixing problems than we used to with the big payroll providers. The system natively and easily integrates with G Suite, Expensify, health insurance, worker's comp, and a variety of other services. This allows us to focus on building the business rather than payroll and HR.

Pros

This is, by far, the easiest and most intuitive payroll and HR software that I've used. Doing the initial setup took a mere 3 hours compared to literally months of setup time for ADP Workforce Now or Ceridian Dayforce HCM. Rippling does what they say they're going to do and they seem to do it very well. Direct deposits have been making it successfully into accounts so far!!!

Cons

I'm not a big fan of team-based email support, but that's pretty much the only option they provide. While I don't feel they're leading me astray, I also don't feel like they intimately know the needs of my company. I'm also a little concerned about the longevity of a company that is probably running off of venture capital, but it is a risk I am very willing to take to not have the frustration of one of the big payroll companies, who have software that is difficult to use and often screwed up payroll runs.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Pricing, features, and ease-of-use.
Stuart S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great all in one company admin portal

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

As stated previously. The all in one location of all my company and employment information is great.

Pros

It has everything in one place. All my personal information/benefits/payroll, etc. On top of that it has a very easy company directory that is actionable for texts and phone calls. The software is also very simple to operate, very clean interface with simple to understand language and icons.

Cons

I have not found any items I have not enjoyed using so far.

Rachel P.

Rippling - many features, many issues

Reviewed on 20/02/2021

as the company grows, rippling promises a scalable way to keep track of HR-related items - some have been realized and some have not. As a partial administrator and user of the system it can be frustrating to deal with employee complaints as to the complexity of certain tasks, ie time off requests, that are not as simple as they should be.

Pros

Water Cooler function gives our multi-site company a way to communicate effectively during a time when we can't get together in person

Payroll information is timely and easy to access

Cons

The time off features are not easy to use, nor are they intuitive. When employees do not work a full 40 hours per week or work > 8 hours per day, they have to finesse the system to request appropriate amounts of time off during a week - this leads to inaccurate calendar representation of who is out at any particular time.

Kacey S.
  • Industry: Utilities

Great Payroll Company

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

Pros

It is really user friendly and great customer service support.

Cons

That you can't go back to the previous screen. You have to go to the home page and re-run the report each time.

Anh P.

Easy way to organize and understand HR-related shenanigans

Reviewed on 19/06/2021

Pros

Ease of use: HR-related tasks usually contain a lot of lingos but Rippling helps me break down the tasks effectively

Cons

Nothing from an user point of view (not admin)

Caroline H.

Buyer Beware! Empty promises and no support

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

It has been terrible. Our implementation manager was pretty good but since then the support team is non-responsive (most requests take 48 hours to hear back) and the help center on the site is terrible. There are additional features you can turn on like custom fields but there is no training on how to do this and unless you know what you are looking for, you would never know where to find it.

Pros

Leaving Paychex we were really excited at the prospect of being able to have payroll, HR and benefits all in one place. In all of the demos we did, Rippling seemed slick and we loved all of the "add-on" possibilities.

Cons

We knew changing payroll companies would be a challenge but it really has been one problem after another! We have a mixture of 1099 and W2 employees which they told us they could do but it has been a payroll nightmare! All of the "add-ons" that we saw in the demo are not native to Rippling, they are partners that you can subscribe to and feed into Rippling. They typically only sync names.

Arcoro, Paycor and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We were not happy with the cost of Paychex and did not like the experience of being a small fish in a big pond.

Kalena T.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Rippling review

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

have used it for over one year, no complaints from anyone in the office

Pros

very user friendly, also using the LMS that we can go in and complete trainings with

Cons

I like most things, one little thing about time off, it doesn't allow for more than an 8 hr time frame and we work 10 hour days, probably a programming thing specific to our company

Brian O.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great System!!!

Reviewed on 18/05/2020

I have used Rippling with two separate companies at this point. Managing small businesses with a system as simple and nibble as Rippling has been an incredible asset. This is not the system for people that are staring down WorkDay with an HRIS team in house. Rather this is the cost effective way of those small to medium sized companies to get something that is enterprise worthy that can grow with you.

Pros

- Ease of use
- Implementation can be done in a day
- Really nibble
- Quite a long list of 3rd party apps that play very well with the system

Cons

- Lacks some flexibility that larger enterprise solutions have (not for huge companies yet)

Hasan H.

A 10 out of 10 Review for Rippling

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

My overall experience with Rippling is 10 out of 10. Rippling makes employee-employer, contractor, and global schedule management a breeze.

Pros

Rippling was straightforward to get happily involved with their software solutions as a user. I also find it easy to use to sign off on all my contract/work-related paperwork. Lastly, I love seeing rippling emails whenever I get paid and payroll items are a breeze.

Cons

I don't necessarily have anything I least like about this software.

Shaquille U.

Best HR Platform

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

Pros

Ease of use & compliance! Especially for executives that are new to onboarding full-time employees.

Cons

There are no cons as of yet. It's a little bit hard to navigate at first, but you will get the hang of it after running 2 payrolls.

Eric N.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Rippling is recommended!

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Very satisfied.

Pros

Rippling is very easy to use and the dashboard is great!

Cons

No real drawbacks, dashboard has everything we need.