Brokermint

Real estate back office consolidation and automation.

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.3/5
4.5/5

Been a Buidlium Client for 8+ years

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Has been a fabulous experience and loved watching this software grow and expand over the last 8 years. The original product was great, but it is soooooo much better now.

Pros

The constant innovations and new functionality, ePay, Cash at Retail, Reports, etc

Cons

The lack of Flex fields so that we can add fields within the software to assign special characteristics, like assign a property to a certain "Property Manager", etc

Aaron

Real Estate Review

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

Pros

Ease of Use - Design - Open Software that easily integrates

Cons

Lack of detailed reports and the ability to create necessary report types for agent production, company production, and financial metrics.

Lone Wolf Back Office

Reasons for Switching to Brokermint

Bc we left Brokerwolf but are considering going back
John

Needs much improvement

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Overall the system has great potential, however there are quite a few things that need to be fixed. Their development team is constantly working on updates and changes to make it more user friendly but they have a ways to go. Their customer service team is a bit of a challenge as some times it takes a while to get a response or answer to a question. Sometimes I only have to wait a few minutes, others have taken as long as a week. At the end of our contract we absolutely have no intention of renewing.

Pros

The system allows you and agents to see pipline, as well as allows you to create customer views of transaction, assign multiple compensation plans, and has an integrated esign platform.

Cons

The system was designed with only 2 status options which are either listing or pending. The challenge is with real estate, not all transactions are going to be Pending right away, if you want to add stages, you have to create a custom field creating more work. Additionally when it comes to the financial reporting if you charge additional fees to the customer such as transaction fees if you don't want them to count toward any cap plans, then you wont be able to track these are part of the office net. The system is not very user friendly especially for those who are less tech savy then your average person. The biggest negative is that they lock you into a 1 year contract and there is absolutely no way to cancel if you are not happy. Any software company that locks you into an agreement with no way to get out is not worth the energy or effort.

Roman C.

Brokermint

Reviewed on 05/06/2019

Brokermint is superior to skyslope and dotloop and the service is far better than Dotloop.

Pros

The combining of transaction management and back office.

Cons

I would prefer a total integration with Docusign instead of Hello Sign. Support could be open for 6 hours on Saturday.

dotloop and SkySlope

Reasons for Switching to Brokermint

I actually tried the others and was unhappy with overall product and support.
Kyle
Kyle

Great for transactions, average on reporting

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Brokermint has been great for our transaction processes, and storing documents for reference later. They have customer support which is pretty responsive, and it seems like they are constantly looking for ways to improve. Some of the data is clunky, but it does the trick!

Pros

Brokermint is wonderful and extremely flexible when it comes to commissions in transactions. If there are credits to our clients, referral fees, or costs that need to be taken out pre- or post-split, it can all be done.

Cons

The reporting feature is a bit complex to use. Our team has run multiple reports with the same criteria (from different launch points) and we get different answers/totals. So it just seems a bit unreliable. Might need some streamlining or a better tagging system.

David Adam
David Adam

Great program for the cost!

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Pros

Brokermint allows us to stay compliant and that is critical for any brokerage. It also allows us to stay very organized with our agents. We are at 100 agents now and without Brokermint it would be a nightmare to keep it all together.

Cons

I wish it had the capability to help with accounting. Like charging agents for services - monthly charges, fees, etc. And allow us to know if our agents have balances with us when we create a CDA. Basically, accounting in the same software would make this a total win.

Marie
Marie

I have used Brokermint for about 5 years and find it easy to use.

Reviewed on 26/01/2018

Pros

Easy to use! Easy to upload documents and easy to setup required default list. I like that agents can see their transactions anytime and anywhere.

Cons

Can't load pictures, sometimes being able to load pictures would be wonderful. I really can't think of anything else, it is always being improved.

Austin
Austin

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

It just works (and works well!)

It just works (and works well!)

Pros

Ease of use, can get new users up to speed very quickly, easy to produce reports.

Cons

Most of my concerns have been addressed over the last 3 years with updates (which I guess actually makes it another 'Pro'!

Trent
Trent

Brokermint Thoughts

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

No problems unresolved. The system has an easy platform for people of all ages to use it and understand it.

Pros

Simple, functional and easy to use. It is a platform that agents of all agents can work through on their files.

Cons

I have not had many issues relating to Brokermint that weren’t able to be resolved at the broker level who has more access than I do at the agent level.

Diedra
Diedra

Great solution for the analytical independent broker.

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Brokermint is an extension of my customer service and brand. It's contracts and organization made easy.

Pros

I love the ease of setting up my checkpoints customized to how I run my files. I love the record keeping as well.

Cons

The MLS connects once my listings are on the market, which creates a duplicate in the system. I wish there was a merge button.

Powerful Tool for Transaction/Real Estate Business Management with Flaws

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

This program technically has many wide and deep applications, and the idea of all of the services it provides as a one-stop-shop is lovely. However, the execution of that idea is very non-user friendly, even after almost a year of use and trainings.

Pros

This program works great on laptop or PC computers to organize documents and transactions, capture digital signatures, and track income and transaction volume.

Cons

This is extremely hard to use on the go. The phone app does not allow you to do even half of what the website does, and the website does not work well on phones. For our current hotter-than-hot real estate climate, the ability to use transaction software on the go is vital. Brokermint is not very intuitive to use for regular (non-admin) users, and a lot of time is wasted uploading and downloading and uploading forms between transactions. For example, if a client loses out on an offer and then decides to put in a new one on a different property, you have to download all of the forms you already have in the program and then upload them into a new transaction -- you can't seamlessly transfer files. But if you try to just overwrite the information that was already in that transaction, the auto-fill doesn't capture everything, so you have to go back manually and correct each document.

SHERYL

Very Disappointed

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

Brokermint was more concerned with adding new business than taking care of the business they have.
Although we voiced our frustration with some of the functionally of the software and put in requests for changes, only one minor change was made in the year we were with Brokermint. Multiple other users have made the same requests long before we did.

Pros

The customization of the reports was a nice feature.
Our assigned customer service representative was very responsive.

Cons

Brokermint could never get the integration with Quickbooks to work, which was the main reason we selected this software.
The document management portion of the software was very cumbersome. In order to have multiple documents assigned to one checklist item you needed to unassign the document, merge the document and re-assign to the checklist. This happened multiple times on several checklist items.
When you entered a listing it asked for the acceptance date and closing date which did not apply at this stage or even make sense and was very confusing . When the property went under contract the closing date was not required since it asked for this information at the listing stage making reports inaccurate.
When viewing the documents tab it was not in the same order as the checklist tab so finding a document was very frustrating.

Response from Inside Real Estate

Hi, Sheryl.
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry the system didn't meet your expectations. When we have updates to our doc management and/or QBD we would love to reach out

Ann

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Pros

Brokermint has a nice and simple look to it. I use the commission plans alot and I like that. Customer Service is top notch.

Cons

I wish it were just a little more intuitive and had more graphics. Agents like graphics and need it to be super intuitive or they don't use it and from a broker standpoint it becomes a chore to always be forcing them to use it. It is one of the better ones out there. I want to integrate QBooks but have heard that the integration isn't great. I wish they integrated with Docusign..

Bob

Slick and quick, but needs some polish

Reviewed on 05/06/2019

Lots of exciting ideas, but poor implementation makes this minimal value as a productivity tool for the individual broker. Not enough space in the edit controls here to describe the issues and solutions.

Pros

I've only used the transaction feature so far, but web response is very good. Navigation is clearly organized. Timeline concept and reminders are a valuable feature. Pipeline revenue design is very well thought out.

The biggest value is the transaction due dates. We don't have transaction coordinators, so software that does the obvious (contect due dates based on contract events) eliminates the need for a support employee which is really expensive. The only problem is, I can't control the accuracy. See cons
I like I can save custom views of contacts, but it's going to be a mess when I'm a few years into this. See cons. The calendar feature is an excellent value feature. I can see clearly what I need to do on any given day. This could save me a ton of time; except I can't fix incorrect dates. See cons

Cons

Only one of my two transactions is in the pipeline. No indication why. This is a major defect. What if I had dozens; it would be impossible to know my pipeline is not accurate if just one small transaction were missing.

Contacts need a filter option, which requires attributes on contacts. For example, it's unlikely a seller contact will be needed again, or at least within 5 years. No big deal when I'm starting, but when I've had 300+ people over the years it gets unwieldy. The filtering option is very inefficient. It's 7 clicks to find all my clients, and 7 more to undo it. Worse, there's no U/I indicating my filter is in place. While I can create custom filters, I can't select more than one "type". So creating a "Vendors" list is impossible as there are many types of vendors, many types of clients.

Transaction due dates simply aren't trustworthy. Since I can't edit the date of a document, I can't fix the dates to match reality. For example, inspection contingencies have dates that change more than once depending on responses.

Lee

Exactly what we needed

Reviewed on 05/06/2019

Like I said, it's all that we need and it's been a huge value for our brokerage. It's companies like this that make it possible to step out in confidence and start a new brokerage. We knew we'd have to offer tools that bigger brokerages offered their agents, but we also knew that we had a start-up budget! Brokermint has tremendous value and simply works.

Pros

Brokermint is the perfect feedback loop between our agents and our transaction coordinator. It's not the fullest featured program out there and for us, that's better. We needed something that was an ideal blend of simple and intuitive without being so feature-rich that it had a steep learning curve.

Cons

For us, all our documents for our transactions are conveniently provided through our local MLS and the system they use. The document signing in Brokermint still isn't more convenient or better at this time and therefore we don't have a ton of motivation to migrate all our signings to Brokermint.

Response from Inside Real Estate

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for your feedback!

Your Support rep has sent you a link for feedback/training options. Please book at your earliest convenience, or feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Charles

Does some things great but needs upgrades

Reviewed on 05/06/2019

The transaction management piece is solid. Not over the top with unnecessary bells and whistles but it works.

The forms are useless to us. We will not be dropping dotloop even though we had hoped we may be able to. It’s just not even close to being ready for prime time for all forms and usage a full broker needs.

I wish the reporting was a little bit more ‘display’ friendly and could be broadcast on tvs in our office for our agents. The custom reports are nice to configure but different display formats, colors, visuals/graphics like we had with a CTE or Sisu would be phenomenal because the data is here just primed for it.

I love the broker review portion of the software for our BIC. Even if dotloop is still necessary, this portion is good.

Overall the experience is positive but I feel like trying to be everything is really hurting what BrokerMint could be. I need more from BrokerMint in regards to broker reporting tools, and commission tracking, and transaction management for our team, not doc signing now that I’m really seeing and using it.

Pros

Fills a void for us on tracking agent commissions, transaction management, and some reporting for brokerage as a whole.

Cons

Forms should just be abandoned. Not even close to a dotloop on features and usability, and the time spent working on them could be best used on other areas BrokerMint already does well.

Reporting could be more pleasant to view and use.

Not mobile friendly. Whether an app is needed or not, the current site is not mobile responsive and is well behind where I expect a system to be in 2019. It does a few things but it’s not a pleasant experience and it’s not formatted to fit a phone well, which is where I do 70% of my work as an agent and possibly more as a brokerage owner.

Cheaz

Good Tool But

It’s a good tool

It’s a good tool

Pros

The Transaction setup, Pipelines, checklist & Commission tracker

Cons

We need to have the Real Estate Contracts in brokermint with an auto fill option. We currently use Dotloop for that purpose, but would love to get rid of them. It should also pull the listing information from the MLS.

CORE BackOffice and dotloop

Easy to use Customer Support Videos

Response from Inside Real Estate

Hi Cheaz,

Thanks for your feedback!

Your Support rep has sent you a link for training options. Please book at your earliest convenience, or feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Steven
  • Industry: Media Production

As a real estate agent- I love Brokermint!

Reviewed on 27/11/2022

My overall experience with Brokermint has been great.

My overall experience with Brokermint has been great.

Pros

Brokermint makes managing my real estate transactions simple! When I was determining which brokerage to joing- Brokermint sealed my decision!

Cons

There is very little not to like about Brokermint. The only thing I have had issues with in the past is revising a signed document to reshare for signing- this is the only issue ive encountered, but surely there is an easy fix.

Chelsea

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

We're had a good experience overall. When we don't have a good experience, the support staff is easy to reach to rectify the problem.

Pros

I like that we can easily search and add docs/checklists for each of our real estate properties.

Cons

There are a lot of features that aren't available, but I've put in ideas for and they're always inputting new ideas monthly. We're also had a lot of issues with the integration from Brokermint into Quickbooks.

Chris

The most comprehensive and easy to use software available.

Reviewed on 24/01/2018

Pros

Brokermint easily integrates with our third-party software to minimize the work required to sync transactions, listings, mailing lists, and website. Their API is easy for our developers to use for custom solutions and the software is EASY to use. Agent adoption was much easier than our company anticipated and the agents can all figure it out whether they are tech savvy or can barely text.

Cons

Mobile functionality is a bit difficult to navigate, no direct esigning within the app. The software does not act as a form vendor (currently) so we still require a 2nd software within our MLS for filling out the contracts. The library does not allow for sub folders and will not preview video files.

Liz

Good Concept;Needs Work

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

I'm not happy with this from the agent perspective.

I'm not happy with this from the agent perspective.

Pros

The layout is easy to navigate. Splitting, merging files is very easy

Cons

I don't care for the lack of compliance tracking, not enough place holders. I dislike the way you create a new transaction and it's too easy to make errors but errors require the broker to address and fix them. I do not like the Hello Sign and find it leaves too many opportunities for error. Since the docs don't automatically populate the signature/initial areas it's time consuming to use. Real Estate docs have many,many areas for initials/signatures and this software needs to populate the docs and add sig/initial spots. Brokermint should allow connection to cloud storage like Dropbox...cloud storage is necessary and Brokermint is not supposed to replace it.

Response from Inside Real Estate

Hi Lis,

Your Support rep has reached out to our POC with Bloomtree

Janel

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

good. support is very responsive but we do have support tickets that may have gone unanswered if we have not followed up.

We are 6 months in and feel there is still set up that may benefit us. Still learning the system and trying to perfect it.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use. The system is fast and I appreciate that. Search tool works pretty great!

Cons

The reporting does not meet our needs. Can't clone and customize reports ourselves. We should be able to take the data that we input into the system and create our reports. BrokerMint cannot create "standard Reports" for all of its unique users. The print (or lack of) the option to print a clean report does not exist. When you export the report to CSV, you have to format the entire report. I don't have a clean & simple report I can print and give to an agent.

Some of the terminology is confusing.

Would like a way to communicate with in tasks for Brokers. Create a way to @ a user and they get notified on a comment on a certain task

Response from Inside Real Estate

Hi Janel,

Thanks for your feedback!

Your Support rep has been informed

Céline

The Only Platform that Lets us Grow as a Company

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

Great! I think that it has cut down on time we would take to hand write things, and the problems we would have when one of us forgot the paper version at the office. We would have to go all the way back just to get it. Ugh.

Pros

I love that we were able to get rid of our old paper methods. Our company was in the "Stone Age" but with Brokermint, we have been able to transfer everything online. We don't have to worry about losing anything, and can have multiple people working on the same file, collaborating at the same time.

Cons

The fact that if I hit the "back" button, the screen grays out and I have to click on "refresh" to make Brokermint work. Minor annoyance, but still. I keep doing it, and it annoys me a ton.

Carl

Need more flexibility

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Over promised in the beginning​ from sales staff.

Over promised in the beginning​ from sales staff.

Pros

Allows template changes with processes. The reporting is great.

Cons

Email functionality and task issues. We need a ​task to have the ability to send an email to clients or agents. The template email is great, but that should auto-populate​​ in a task and send with a click. Not searching for it.

Response from Inside Real Estate

Hi Carl,

Janet

Love Brokermint

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Overall, I love it. Very simple, organized the way I like it to be laid out.

Overall, I love it. Very simple, organized the way I like it to be laid out.

Pros

I love that I was able to create my own checklist template and it's very simple to add more additions when needed for any real estate documents that come up during the closing process. Uploads are quick and easy. It's very clear what I am still missing from my checklist. For what I utilize Brokermint for, it works fantastic. At any given time, I am working with 10 or more files at once. Brokermint helps keep me very organized.

Cons

I don't like the document signing section as much as I like and use Docusign. Not as user friendly.