4.7 (4,196)
The most popular free time tracker and timesheet for teams

(4,196)
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.6/5

Udit

Great timekeeping software

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

1. Great software, with a scope of improvement.

Pros

1. Easy to use UI.
2. Intuitive UX, very easy to get used to the software.
3. The software is adaptive to different OS

Cons

1. Free version has limited capabilities.
2. Sometimes, it gives issues with change in time zones.

Tim
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

What gets measured, gets managed

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Clockify plays a vital role in tracking our activities. Knowing what gets done, when, and for what project allows us to identify the tasks and resources we need to allocate.

The product has a very generous free tier, and it is relatively easy to implement with some basic introduction.

Aside from the various ways to log time, I enjoy the report feature because it allows me to view data in various ways.

Pros

I like that it has several ways you can track your time: you can manually log, use a timer, or input via the calendar. This feature helped make it easier to deploy to the team because they can choose how to log. And the dashboard shows how others are doing so you can see your team log as well.

Cons

None so far. It has been useful for our team. In due time, I'm exploring to use the paid version.

Time Doctor, QuickBooks Time, Trello and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We used to log time through Slack which then gets moved into a Google Sheet. It was quite a tedious process.

Zapier, Slack and Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Clockify had the simplest but most functional features of the free tier for our use. And in the event we decide to purchase the paid version, it is the most affordable. The others are perhaps better for bigger companies.

Response from COING

Thanks for your amazing and detailed review Tim!

We are happy to hear that you're enjoying Clockify and that it was easy to adapt it to your worfklow.

If you happen to have any suggestions for us, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

Justin
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

It is very flexible software. Has mobile, and desktop so you can use it in many different ways.

Pros

Basic software that can track timing pretty easily. Has it's benefits and is mostly pretty solid.

Cons

Sometimes it gets delayed and it can take numerous days to process

Response from COING

Hi Justin,
Thank you for your review!

If Clockify is getting delayed on your side, feel free to reach our support team at [email protected] so they can troubleshoot this with you.

Aria

Keep It Simple and Smart

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Clockify has helped my team get our projects organized for quite some time. We enjoyed the free version for a little over a year before we started opting for the paid version since we want to take advantage of some of the paid features such as automation, API integration, templates, and other productivity features to further improve our operations.

Pros

Clockify is a very simple platform to use with very user-friendly functions and operations. It takes less than 15-min for a new user to get familiar with it and already start working with the system. We love the fact that the system allows admins to be able to get high-level and granular data of individual users or projects. Data Analytics is really great with the high-level information that is already provided by the system UI, but Clockify also provides the capability to either extract the data and user a different data visualization platform to use, or integrate it with a different analytic platform all in all.

Cons

There are some limitations as to what data can be captured and stored in Clockify. If an operation is using a different KPI metrics (such as qty produced / time-spent) then this platform does not support that.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Tick tock, tick tock!

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

What cant be measured, can be controlled, Clockify helps in tracking time expended on various tasks and helps in time optimisation and resource optimisation, not only at the level of an individual but at a much institutional level . Having to work against a ticking clock makes me more punctual and productive at work and ensures that I don't deviate and default on my designated tasks.

Pros

Tracking the time spent on different applications enables me to streamline time allocation. The best thing about Clockify is it acts as a guiding star especially when immersed in doing multiple tasks online. Clockify reports can be used as a criteria to judge efficiency and bring about a sense of discipline and direction into one's work on a day to day basis.

Cons

Taking screenshots is not available on free trial options, apart from that there is very little to complain about the software. Often the paid versions are expensive for most other softwares, but in the case of Clockify, that is not the issue, available at an affordable rate.

Kaushik
  • Industry: Accounting

Must Have App for Time Tracking on Projects and knowing your Cost Benefit Analysis.

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

Very Much Happy and will continue using it.

Pros

Easy to Implement in Organisation, User Friendly to Staff and Admins, Reporting Proper.

Cons

Cost is little on the higher side. Also offline not available.

Response from COING

Hi Kaushik,
Thank you for your review!
Kindly note that our android, iOS, and Windows apps support force offline mode. While macOS app supports offline mode due to connection loss. However, please note that all of the apps that can/are used in the offline mode need to be synced with the cloud before logging out or all of the data will be lost.

Thomas

Reviewed on 01/07/2022

Great. Before implementing, Clockify allowed a trial period before committing. They had a representative reach out and schedule a Zoom meeting and he did a brief demo and was a product expert/answered all of our questions.

Pros

Price for the value is great.
We like the simplified time-tracking experience and the ability to create customized shared web reports. You can really customize your Clockify experience to fit your business needs.

Cons

Nothing really. We use this for time-tracking on external vendors and contractors, and this fits our needs perfectly.

When I Work

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Based on experience with other time-tracking software products, this was the most simplified user-experience yet it offers a lot of great features at very good prices.

Response from COING

Thank you for your amazing review Thomas!

We are glad to hear that you're enjoying Clockify so much, and if there's anything we can do for you, feel free to let us know.

David

Easy, effective, cost is right.

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Fantastic. It gave a nice perspective on where my time was going (especially as a leader and how much was spent in ad hoc support) and helped me to better plan my time as a result of the reflections.

Pros

So easy to start using. There's no replacement for ease of use when it comes to trying to bring other team members on board.

Cons

There were some minor issues early on with how I would click and move, but these were resolved quickly upon reporting those bugs.

Trello, Slack and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Very low barrier to access and low cost based on need
Daniel Eduardo

Excelent well priced time tracking platform

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Great, we have a better understanding of our business thanks to it and we are able to pinpoint improvement opportunities

Pros

The UI is very clean, the Chrome addon works great and there are some integrations with some platforms like asana and clickup that are very accesible which improves the received data.

Cons

It needs to find a way to make the tracking more automatic, somehow have it working without having to know is there

ClickUp, Harvestr and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Clockify had a better pricing and a better UI

Clockify had the easier UI
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great inexpensive way to track your time

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Pros

I use clockify to keep myself productive and track number of hours worked

Cons

It does not do screen captures or mouse stroke tracking which some employers like to see

Response from COING

Hi there, thank you for your review!

Kindly note that Clockify does have a screenshots feature available on one of our paid plans.
Also, we do have idle time detection that can be helpful in some cases with the mouse movement.
Please see these links for more information:
Screenshots - https://clockify.me/help/extra-features/screenshots
Idle detection - https://clockify.me/help/time-tracking/idle-detection-reminders#idle-detection

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Noah
  • Industry: Media Production

Clockify | the Software you Didn't Know you Needed

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

My experience with Clockify has been overwhelmingly positive. Their support got back to me in less than 24 hours, I can use their software without annoying paywalls or limitations, and they've earned me as a loyal customer by having an easy-to-use software with more features than I needed, excellent customer service, and well-designed phone app.

I use Clockify daily, and they've taken stuff that I thought would be issues (project management, stopwatch, time to money) when I started freelancing and simplified it in such a sleek way. I don't stress because I know Clockify has my back.

Pros

Clockify is an easy to use software which provides time and project management services, billing, team setup, and so much more services. In terms of price, Clockify is extremely affordable. As a sole proprietor, I use the software entirely for free. I have access to every aspect of the software, including project management, time tracker, calendar, timesheets, and more.

It's nice to see a software with a free subscription that doesn't lock the core parts of the service behind a paywall, or have constant pop-up reminders to upgrade. Instead, this software allows me to work without interruptions, and then track the time/projects/money I've made in the past (days, weeks, months, etc.) And here's the even better thing: they're subscriptions are cheaper than their competitors, with the lowest tier being $6 a month and the highest $15.

You can upgrade to allow more people to underneath your Clockify, but as a singular entity I don't need to do this. Because of how easy to use the software is, and how organized it is compared to it's competitors, I will definitely be upgrading when I subcontract projects to others in order to keep track of their time on projects.

I use Clockify to keep track of time, which (after about 5 minutes of setting up) will autoconvert to my hourly rate PER client, meaning that I don't have to worry about doing any math for invoices. I've been using it daily for over a month now, with research and "practicing" before that.

Cons

I honestly have trouble contemplating anything I don't like about this software. The support got back to me and solved my issues in less than 24 hours, and the software is easy to use. Honestly (and this is rare for me), I have no complaints. Clockify does exactly what it needs to, and does it better than expected.

The only thing that I could see as a potential con for others is that, in order to get larger numbers of people underneath the same Clockify as an "organization", you'd need to pay a subscription fee. But frankly, the fee is so cheap that it's worth eating the cost.

Laura
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Free version still has lots of features - better in browser

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

It's nice just to be able to keep track of writing time, and measure some basic analytics, and the billing feature is really good for remembering the value of your time and the amount you have invested into a project. Its free features seem to surpass its competitors. It would be cool if it had more custom options (e.g. themes) and if you could hide things you don't use as a premium member to keep everything more minimalist. But Clockify has been a very good app to me and I don't have plans to switch anytime soon.

Pros

You just hit the timer and go, which is great. I use the free version, which has all the functionality I need as a one man band. I did explore different options not too long ago to see what was out there but ultimately found Clockify offers the best analytics tools on its free version. Competitors generally only offered free trials or had free versions with extremely limited features. You can also have it linked to Chrome, which is good.

Cons

I wasn't keen on the overall look for a while. It would also be nice to have the option of a simpler interface if preferred - for instance, as a writer I only really want to know what draft I am on, rather than naming each individual task, and I can do that using the projects feature. Right now I'm lazy and tend to duplicate tasks, only realising later that I had assigned an inaccurate name. It also makes it harder to sort tasks later. I tried the app on my desktop and phone but found them a bit janky, so I stick with the desktop version. Also, I do like the extra Chrome options, such as the Pomodoro timer (which I only recently noticed), but sometimes I get notifications asking if I want to add unrecorded time when I can see I am recording the time already.

TimeCamp

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

I actually came to Timecamp afterwards and was considering moving to it as it had a more modern and attractive interface and I liked some of its features. However, after the trial of premium ended, I found that the remaining free features were extremely limited. There was basically nothing you could do at that time but put in time entries, you couldn't even look at a graph or most of the other tabs. Seeing that Clockify was far more usable with lots more functionality, I stuck with that. With Clockify, paid features have never obstructed my ability to actually use it.

Response from COING

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time to leave the review!
Feel free to share any ideas regarding the app functionality or look directly with our product team at https://clockify.me/feedback. Also, do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected] if you encounter any issues with the app.

Carmen

Excellent tool for small businesses

Reviewed on 20/04/2022

My overall experience is excellent and it's a tool I have recommended to all business owners even at the initial stage when it's a one person business. It was a game changer for me as it allowed me to focus on profit, delegate time consuming tasks and be more efficient. Now that I have a team I can analyse our time and continue to find efficiencies as well as ensuring there is time for training and personal development which are core to our company culture.

Pros

As a small business owner I appreciate having a tool that makes it easy to track time. This has allowed us to direct our time and efforts to the projects that were more profitable as well as making sure there was time for training and employee development. We are a team of 4 but the tool was useful even when it was just myself. Time tracking is the one thing I'd absolutely recommend to any business owner from the initial stage. It helped me direct my efforts, focus on profit, as well as delegating time consuming tasks.

Cons

I think there is so much more I could do with it but I haven't had time to explore other functionalities. The reporting tool could be improved by being able to merge different projects or change them. Sometimes we would accidentally create different projects for the same thing and looking back it would be nice to be able to fix those kind of things.

Michael
  • Industry: Animation

I could not live without Clockify!

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Rapid timesheet creation broken down into clients > projects > tasks so I have everything I need if a client questions an invoice. Most clients don't even question my invoices anymore as they know how thorough I am with my tracking, this is all thanks to

Pros

I love how easy it is to add time, you get really fast at doing it as you can either use 24 or/12 hour clock to input..If you do 12 hour you can just put PM/AM after the time..

My invoices and timesheets are in the same place and I've been using it for a while now so I've got really fast at adding my time. You can even label invoices as 'Unsent' - 'Sent' - 'Paid' and they're color coded so you literally never miss an unpaid invoice again.

Invoice automatically adds address you've set the client up with so you never have to remember to add address to the invoice..I've scrambled around trying to find address of a business, but if you have repeat clients you'll only have to ever do this once.

The time I'm saving in admin is worth every penny of the subscription!

Cons

The invoicing feature is missing the payment details. Luckily there's a notes part which I've been using, problem is you have to remember to copy and paste your payment details every time you create a new invoice. There's been times where

TimeCamp

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

As I am a single person, I thought Clockify looked the easiest and the free version helped me assess how I'd use it..I was really impressed so I purchased a subscription. The alternatives seemed more geared towards huge businesses with larger teams so the interface was a lot more complicated..Clockify can be as complex as you want it to be and definitely does an amazing job at hiding the complexity if you don't need it.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Best software to choose for freelancer

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

I've been using Clockify for more than two years now. I tried other software before but this one was the best at that and still is. If you, like me have simple needs, this is the best piece of software for you. Remark to company: please don't grow. If we're using your product we are not interested in ERP. If you want to grow make a separate product containing project planning etc.

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, fast response from customer service even when I was using only a free version of the software. Clean design, very good reports, ability to export reports to different formats. The basic version has almost all the things I need. Application is small, which is a big plus.

Cons

Lack of Polish version of VAT invoice is a little minus. If there were I'd have everything I need in one app. If you decide to implement that, please consider moving invoicing and time rounding from STANDARD to BASIC plan. I don't need managment stuff. There's literally no small and simple time tracking software with invoicing only. Every app like this slowly grows towards ERP system. Please don't grow. Hone the things you have now and make a separate product capable of integrating with bigger brother.

Tina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Perfect for freelancers!

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

I first started using Clockify as a way to efficiently track my contractors' time and get a clear idea of which projects they were working on. It allowed me to better manage their time and manage resources. Additionally, as a freelance consultant, I'm able to track my own time super easily with the Chrome plugin, which makes reporting and invoicing a breeze at the end of each month.

Pros

The layout and features are intuitive and easy to use. The reporting feature is my favourite since it's dead simple to quickly generate a report of my hours (as a freelancer) and submit them to my employer, with all the relevant info captured right there. As a business owner, I heavily depend on this feature again to get a quick overview of where my employees' time is spent.

Cons

I can't really say I dislike anything about Clockify. It does everything I need it to do, which is why I've been using it for the last few years. I've never found anything lacking, at least for my purposes.

Harvest

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

I made the switch because Clockify had all the features I needed, and even the free plan was robust enough

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Clockify seemed easier to use
Sabrina

TheMcB Pro's Clockify Review

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

I used Harvest before this, which worked great for the needs I had. When they started charging for a basic version I looked elsewhere and found Clockify. I'm glad I made the switch and even started paying for some of the advanced features. Clockify has made it easy to report my time and create invoices.

Pros

This software is easy to use and offers everything I need from a time tracking software: the ability to track time, pull reports on where my time is spent, and quickly generate invoices.

Cons

Creating invoices can be kind of a pain. Trying to figure out the correct configuration of project, date, description, etc... can be tricky. And if you mess up, sometimes the only way to fix it is to start over.

Trello, Harvest and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

I'd been with Harvest for 3 years before I switched. I did so because the free version I was on wasn't free anymore and the quality of their system wasn't worth the payment. I found Clockify because it also had a free version but I quickly saw the value in paying for the advanced features.

Harvest

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

It was the easiest to use. It was also the most cost-efficient without sacrificing the quality of the product.
Olushola
  • Industry: Market Research

The best time tracking resource out there

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

This has helped me and y team keep track of time, project and even helped improve our efficiency through the ton of information and insight available for analysis

Pros

The software is easy to use, the color scheme is warm and inviting and there are helpful features all around

Cons

Sometimes I find out that I have to log in again. I don't k ow if this is a glitch or a security measure, but it makes me anxious

TimeCamp, Time Doctor and DeskTime

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Well, it wasn't flexible and didn't have the features we discovered that we need to work efficiently

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Price, Flexibility, Ease of use and onboarding, Insights available for analysis (this was very important)
Hossein
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best affordable software that can save you tons of time!

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

We tried multiple software for this purpose and finally come to the decision that Clockify is the right choice for our company in these remote working days, so I can suggest you test it and decide by yourself, but this one worth for sure to give it a chance, at least from my perspective and with main factors that I and my team had in mind.

Pros

The report section works awesome!
Also, it offers really good access level control and organization management features.
You can use and try it for free (as we did) for as long as you like and then decide to continue with premium plans or not

Cons

The smartphone application is really primitive and seems like a beta version :)

Do not mistake, it is completely stable, and you can use it, but still, a lake of features and offline working is there...

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Better reporting feature and better pricing in our case.

Better options overall.
Noelle
  • Industry: Accounting

Clockify for Time Tracking and Invoicing

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Clockify accurately and efficiently simplified and streamlined invoicing my clients; something I don't like to do, because it is such an necessary annoyance that I don't get paid to do. I tried several other solutions. Clockify's technical support incorporates changes that improve their software for the end user. I found it to be an intuitive software that I could manage myself with little help. It is simple enough, and I use it every day.

Pros

Clockify is a professional contribution to my consulting and billing business, because I track my time, and then invoice my clients similar to a legal practice. When I initiate tracking, Clockify stays active until I shut it off. Therefore, it allows for editing time and rounding up when invoicing my clients. I have used other time tracking software, and their invoicing or complexity left me wanting another solution for billing my time to clients.

Cons

Clockify has a learning curve setting up different clients, projects, and tasks, and for simplicity, I had to later combine categories from what I had initially set up. Also, there was some effort required in the beginning uploading excel-sheet time entries in the correct format by organizing the data specifically, but it was worth it, since I didn't have to take the additional time to transfer raw data from one software to the other.

Gabrielle

!! Highly Recommend to Businesses of ALL Sizes !!

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

We are a nonprofit organization, and have been using Clockify for years. We've never experienced any problems, and this software is extremely EASY to use. Other programs we researched were too tedious or complex, but Clockify makes every feature simple, and provides MORE services we haven't even begun to use yet! It's incredible! We use this every day for our employees to clock in and clock out, for the bookkeepers to create monthly reports to see which projects we are spending most of our time on, and it even has a mobile app that's very efficient. By far, the BEST software we have found, and I highly recommend Clockify to businesses of ALL sizes.

Pros

Cons

I have not found any "cons" with Clockify, and we've been using it for years.

Roldan
  • Industry: Design

Roldan's Review

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

Really nice experience. I never looked back. Please continue improving. I've used Time Doctor, Hubstaff, Upwork. Clockify dust them off.

Pros

UX and UI wise. Really nice lay-out. Easy to use.

Cons

Not much. No qualms. Maybe I can find out later since my subscription is free and for me alone. Maybe if my workspace becomes complex I might start to notice discripancies.

Time Doctor

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Clockify is the only Freelancer time tracking app that give fare advantages for both free users as well as paying ones. Other trackers are either buggy, clunky, difficult to use or expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Needless to say, much easier to use. It exactly cater a freelancer dilemmas when it comes to time tracking their work and invoicing clients.
Leônidas
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Nice easygoing time tracking tool for personal use

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

I often work on multiple projects at 'the same time', and it can be hard to track how much time I'm actually putting into each one. Clockify helps me on that, and at the end of the month/week I can see how much work I have really accomplished and, based on that, plan ahead reprioritizing (or charging more) based on what I see. I also use it to keep my productivity in check.

Pros

It's fast, simple, light and practical (and looks good enough). I also like that it allows me to only use the functions that I need without having to learn/deal with all the other features it has.

Cons

-Navigating its menus can be quite unintuitive sometimes;
-It really looks/looked like a clone of the first iteration of Toggle, and that gave me a bad first impression of it. Still, the color pallet was better than Toggl's, and since the functionalities that I needed worked almost identical in both, I continued to use it.

RescueTime and Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

I tried a couple of different project and time tracking tools for my personal needs (tracking my personal work projects and daily activities). Some were to complex, some were to pricey, some were to ugly/had a bad UI. Clockify was the best one for what I needed.
Larry
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good Web App. Needs Work on Mobile

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Good overall experience especially with the web app, but really needs work on the iOS mobile app.

Pros

Tracking time on the web app is very easy. The report is comprehensive.

Cons

Unlike the web app, where you enter everything on the first level interface, in the mobile app, you have to click multiple times in order to enter time entries and descriptions. Also, in the mobile app, you have to roll with the annoying times selection rollers in order to select the time rather than simply entering the time on a simple nine-number numeric plus AM/PM keyboard like other apps are doing. Further, the mobile app appears to rely on remote server rather than a local mechanism. Every time you enter anything, the app would need to sync with the server and you have to wait for that. And the fact that the mobile app would have to sync with the server every single time you enter any time entry, it usually create conflicts and mess-ups especially when you have another timer running on another device. Additionally, Clockify only has an slow & inaccurate old fashion iOS widget that you can only put on the -1 page and do not have the modern widget feature that goes with the new iOS system. A simple iOS widget that places a simple start/stop button on any iOS "desktop page (pages listing apps)" would be a game-changer. Being able to press a button on the first page of the iOS device to simply record starting/stopping time on the go and later come back to enter the descriptions would be very convenient. Users don't even have to enter the descriptions on the go right away if they don't want to.

Simon Haoran

Best Time Tracking Software Ever

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

We are a full remote team working on projects for clients, so having a way to track time spent and pay out / invoice using tracked time is very crucial part of our day-to-day workflow. I really enjoy having a working software that I can track time on all of my devices and even have it integrated into other tools like Trello and our accounting software using API.

Pros

We like the fact that just the free feature is good enough for most of our use cases, and most importantly, a full-fledged API that we can integrate our workflows into the tracker so I can track project progress with time spent, help a lot with our retrospective process and refining workflows to optimize time spent, and I can easily grab the time spent on all teammates on each project so I can use to do the payments.

Cons

The Mac Desktop client can definitely use some love, but this is really minor issue, since we now use APIs more.

Hubstaff

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

TopTracker didn't have API, so we had to do some hacking to pull data programmatically, and one day the monthly invoice feature broke in TopTracker. I reached out to the team for support but they basically gave me a blanket statement and proceed with not fixing. Even though I still had projects tracked there, I made the switch as soon as I found that clockify also covers all of my needs.

TopTracker

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

At the time when I used it, Clockify had the fixed price for features regardless of # of users, so it was pretty clear for me. Because I don't have a fixed # of people using the product when projects come and I am working with more freelancers. It was the best priced product on the market.