Zoho Sprints

Agile project management for software development teams

4.5/5 (57 reviews)
Adarsh N.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

The Best Agile Project Management Solution ever built!

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

We have been using Zoho Projects and to our development model, this was a better choice. We switched to Sprints and We love it more than ever. This product has increased the entire team's productivity by a very large extent.

Pros

Amazingly user-friendly and fast. Very fast updates and new features. Ideal for startups who work from simplest software applications to most complex one's. Amazing customization options, beautifly laid out with neat UI. Quick support and perfect resolution to queries.

Cons

Nothing Specific but we are looking forward to get some friendly features like Cumulative timesheets across the project for a user. Its very annoying to calculate every user's individual project's timesheet to know a month's performance.

Sean C.

Zoho Sprints is Manageable and Customizable

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

We decided to use Scrum methodology. Zoho Sprints was able to handle backlog and bug log the way we have been using it. It was available and it worked without a huge learning curve for a short deadline.

Pros

I like the customization of features, especially creating card templates and statuses. Custom templates comes in handy when we are importing from another platform like Trello and we want to use the same format. I also like the integration between other platforms including Zoho Projects for Gantt charts. I like that we can add a custom 'Status Type'. I used this feature to add a 'Review' status for code review. I also like the integration with Zoho Projects and Trello. I also liked how I can simply reorder users stories or work items, from sprints or backlog, into different Epics.

Cons

I found Epics to be a little confusing. I am curious as to why this is a premium feature. It appears there are many other features I would consider premium. Some of the dashboard items were hard to setup to be useful.

Mohanned A.

Zoho Sprints Trial experience

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

- We're a small company which requires some kind of SDLC tracking but nothing on a big level
- We use AGILE methodology, which Zoho Sprints seems very good for it

Pros

the entire application is built from the ground up to care for AGILE methodology

Cons

Nothing at the moment. I think the Zendesk integration is weird to be from Zoho to Zendesk, and bidirectional with Zendesk as the driver

Industry: Information Technology & Services

User Experience is more than slapping together hodge-podge of few screens!! Zoho Sprints FAILS!!!

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

TWO THUMBS DOWN!! Who is such an idiot that came up with a concept of a "Global View" concept - an Icon that you have to click simply to access your completed sprints/workitems - that too ungrouped dumped in front of you??? Honestly, Zoho - being such a large corporation, I put so much value into your brand when I picked your Sprints. Your CEO should read and try creating and managing one project himself/herself - NOT WATCH A DEMO as a passive audience member - I would be curious to see how many in the senior leadership of this product called Zoho Sprints remain in their job at end of that experience of creating and managing a single project with multiple sprints! How hard can be creation of a user interface that guides user through...

- Creation and management of EPICs, associate work items and sprints, and print meaningful reports for a given EPIC?
- Listing all sprints together - and marking completed/canceled/upcoming/active sprints as such? And allow user to click through and access all of the details of that selected sprint? And allow user to generate a meaningful summary and detailed reports for that sprint?
- Allowing you to generate a project-level report that includes all Epics, Sprints, Work Items reflected in there at summary or detailed level based on who the user is.

Also, I don't think permissions work correctly: I have someone in my team as "Manager" but he can't see any of the completed items in the "Global View", but I can as an Admin??????

Pros

Positive First impression is the only positive note I can make on this software. During my free trial, I got carried away with pretty look of this application and charts/dashboards etc., and signed up for a year long Professional contract. BIG MISTAKE!

Cons

These developers are like a fresh kids out of some d-School, who have no clue that people need to be able to access their data efficiently at a later point after data was entered into this thing that leads it to ABYSS of no-where land! There are plenty of pretty looking charts that DO NOT ALLOW click-throughs for further details. AND Literally, there are no printable reports in the system - a chart is not a report! And exported Excel spreadsheet with hodge-podge of my data slapped together is not a report either, my friend!

There is literally NO CONSISTENT WAY of creating/accessing your Sprints.

Response from Zoho Sprints

We’re really sorry to see that our product did not meet your expectations. This is certainly not a situation we want to see our customers in. Thank you for sharing what you went through in great detail. We read your feedback carefully and feel we can address them. Let us take them one by one.

1. Purpose of Global View
All the info we show in the beginning is just a starting point. You can filter, search, and sort within this to drill down to the information you want. The enterprise plan also has a custom-view-tab where you can customise based on one or more criteria. You can then save these custom views you created for quick access later.

2. User interface that guides through Epics module
There is indeed such an interface. Through six different steps, it takes you through all you can do with epics. And it fires up just after you create your first epic. If this is disabled, you can view it any time by clicking the ‘help tour’ icon at the bottom right bar. The same option is available not just in this module but across the product.

3. List all sprints
We are working on making the sprint counters in the dashboard clickable, which would let you view this. An update we are planning for the custom view should show you the same info here also.

4. Detailed reports
Please check if you’ve seen all these reports. In the reports module, burn up and burn down are shown by default for sprints. However, this can be changed to show the same info for epics. Additionally, we also have an epic progress report. You can view a sprint level dashboard, by clicking the ‘view details’ button next to the sprint name on the board module. Custom sprint-wise reports and dashboards are ‘work in progress’ and we can let you know as soon as they are ready. All our existing reports are, and future reports will be, printable.

5. Project level report of all sub-items
As mentioned in point 1, you can drill down to this by filtering from the global view. And you need not do this everytime - you can save this view to get to it quickly.

6. Manager not able to see all info in global view
The manager is probably looking under the ‘My View' tab in the default view. The purpose of this view is to see just his or her own items. The manager can see all items in all the sprints he or she is part of by choosing the appropriate criteria in the custom view.

7. Click through reports
We do provide click throughs wherever applicable. However, some reports aggregate info from several views, so we cannot provide a click through here. In reports that show past activity, again, we cannot provide click throughs as the underlying data may have changed over time. If you feel we have missed a clickthrough where it is possible, do let us know the specific case and we will add it ASAP.

I would like to share that the team that built this product also built Zoho Projects, a project management platform that has been around for over 10 years. They have spent these years developing domain expertise, honing the product and improving everything that adds to the customer experience.

So it follows that the experience you had is something we are determined to change. We would like to speak with you on a call to learn more from you, walk you through these features and do our best to meet your needs. Please get in touch with us by mailing to [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Francisco Q.

Love at first sight

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

I was looking for a tool that could replace the simplicity of Trello but providing the robustness of Jira.

Trello is so simple and flexible but lacks a lot of project management features. Jira is very complete but past experiences made me not like it that much.

Zoho Sprints does that and even more. It is such a well done product that only Jira would compare but, IMHO, Zoho Sprints is way better.

I like how one can have a lot of info in one tool without feeling overwhelmed by it. You can hide and show lists, panels, columns, and more, to have the needed context.

I didn't use the timesheet but it also very helpful to have an in-app timetracker to keep everything in one place.

Nicely done, Zoho team.

Pros

- Sprint planning
- Epics boards
- Sprint meetings
- Image attachment by pasting them
- Velocity charts

Cons

- Some image attachments wouldn't produce a thumbnail
- For some reason tasks and bugs cannot be move to a sprint from the backlog if they do not belong to a story
- Cannot order stories by priority :(

Damian D.
Industry: Semiconductors

My experience with Zoho Sprints

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Ease of use. Better solution than JIRA and has all the fundamentals for running a small and effective Scrum team.

Pros

Ease of use.Better solution than JIRA and has all the fundamentals for running a small and effective Scrum team.

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive when creating backlogs and Sprints.

Industry: Retail
Company size: 10,001+ Employees

Quick and easy way to coordinate

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Pros

My team was charged with developing a new version of the software that we use on a day to day basis and so we not only needed to coordinate with our own internal team members but also external contractors and software developers. Zoho Sprints is fast and great for use on mobile phones (at least, on iPhone). Clean and manageable as well, which is we we kept using it for 2 years.

Cons

It would be nice if the file sharing feature were more robust as it is rather limited. It also take a while to upload/download files from different projects.

Alan H.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Market Leader

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

Pros

Integration with Zoho Projects, Ease of use and full stack agile features

Cons

I did not find any major gaps in the solution.

Senthil R.

Best Agile Project Management Software

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

Pros

+ Very Clear Product Messaging
+ Easy Onboarding
+ No-Nonsense Features
+ Excellent Support and Customization Help

We switched to this from Jira, because the team was new to Agile PM Tool and Jira was a bit heavy to consume.

Cons

+ UX Could be a little better
+ Features Unlocking in Pricing - Could be better.

Matias C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

It's a grate solution

Reviewed on 16/02/2019

This is the 3rd Zoho product I'm​ working with and i loving them.

Pros

The best was how easy it was to use. Didn't need any training or videos to start using it.
It has what you need to run the projects. Simple and complete

Cons

The bad and good thing is that you have the basics and more that you will require to run many projects. I guess that there are some things that you will have in any other solution that this one doesn't have. to be honest​ I​ didn't​ miss any. It's a great​ solution

Luís guilherme D.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Make my project visible and agile

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

We are having a good experience. Solve our way of seeing and communicating about the project. Everybody at the platform could understand what and when to do in a simple way. Very good for large projects that you have to break in multiple stories or tasks.

Pros

Many ways that you can see a task. The task itself, inside a Epic, as part of a Sprint and associated with someone.

Cons

The price per user. We a small startup and could have some discount to use. For us at Brazil to pay in dollars make the price even higher.

Ramana K.

Review of Zoho Sprints

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Overall I am liking the produce very much. I would like intro into my working orgs.

Pros

The simplicity of the agile process and project management with tasks, monitoring ...etc.

Cons

Repeat tasks or copy of the similar tasks in different modules is not easy. If I am able copy and paste in another sprint or epic, it would be great. Copy & change.

Mobile version is not working for Sprint functionality. It doesn't refresh.

Industry: Government Relations

Good, but miss a roadmap

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Good, but we have difficulty to organize tasks in long term.

Pros

Great software that helps dev teams. It has everything with agile methodology: libe time charts, time tracker etc.

Cons

The way filters work, it is very confusing to identify task, bugs, stories in the projects. Maybe something more visual will help. Besides that, zoho NEEDS to implement a ROADMAP overview, this is a must have to agile teams.

Rori K.
Industry: Entertainment

Just getting started

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Pros

Hi ! My internal team and I have been looking started with Zoho. We subscribed to some other products within the Zoho universe prematurely but we are with hopes of having this all integrate with CRM and agile.

Cons

Nothing, so far as the trial just started and we have not been able to do much given the little time there was to play in it.

Ismerai A.

it had never been so easy, carry projects!!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Pros

pros:
-easy to use
-Fast
-the best communication

My work team regularly applies a set of good practices to work collaboratively, on a team, and to obtain the best possible result of a project.
Zoo has helped me to understand more with my project partners

Cons

I would like you to have some type of score with stars, who had a good performance on the project that I worked

Rajat G.

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

8/10

Pros

Super easy, simple, intuitive, reports, supports scrum framework and sprints like no other.

Cons

No sorting in the board, no milestones, chat doesn't have enough features like group chats, chat not integrated in phone application, pricing not simple.

Wee T.
Industry: Import & Export

Extend trial

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Our overall experience was great actually, for those who are actively using it, but a few staffs still struggling to catch up.

Pros

The features of capturing all unsorted tasks and a clean platform to glance everything easily

Cons

I'm not using the timesheet feature a lot, might need more time to relate this feature to our work.

Roshan N.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Best Product for Agile Foundations

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

Zoho sprints is one of the finest product from zoho team. It helps me to manage project based on processes our organization have.

Pros

Ease to use
Cost effective for startups
Collaboration with other zoho products helps to manage one at go.

Cons

Sometimes takes time to load.
User friendly , no need of training

Renny A.

Zoho Sprints is a tool that understands the trials and changes a project can have.

Reviewed on 08/06/2018

It made an easy transition to the agile methodology for my team.

Pros

Zoho really adopts the product backlog methodology, and embraces mid-project changes. You can simply create a prioritized list of tasks and move them on to your current sprint as there priorities change, building what matters for your stakeholders.

Cons

Reports are nice but all tho they can be helpful at times they can also be vague and not answer the questions you have about your teams performance.

Muhammad umar F.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Agile solution with value for money

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Pros

The interface is clean and simple, have cliq chat part of the interface and totally integrated speed up thing. The price is very good for this level of software.

Cons

Nothing found so far, will update post if I find something lacking.

Jose enrique L.

A tool designed for planning and monitoring tasks in agile teams.

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Pros

The progress of each of the tasks is very easy to see.
Easy interaction between teams through messages and comments.
You can create tasks very easily just by dragging and dropping.
Reports with charts and diagrams that facilitate their analysis.

Cons

Although this application seems to me very complete, the personalization of the tool is limited in many things, besides it does not offer management of budgets.

James A.

Zoho Sprint Review

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Pros

The platform provides users with a lot of features and functionalities. Also, its ease of use.

Cons

The price of the software. Also, the fact that epics isn't available to free users.

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great Software

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

Overall great product! Still exploring many features

Pros

GUI is great. I like the reporting featuers. I really love how it tells you how long a task was in a specific "stage"

Cons

Creating stories could be an easier process

Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

Zoho is great

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

Just set up my sprint, had a good experience.

Pros

Loved that it's got automated burn up and burn down charts

Cons

The price. I wish it was a but cheaper and more affordable for individuals.

Jacob C.
Industry: Internet

Cheap, easy, efficient

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

9/10

Pros

Sprint planning is just what we needed. The organization this software is capable of really contributes to less downtime for our team. More time we can spend on the meat & potatoes, the better.

Mobile experience is top-notch and clean/very user-friendly

Cons

File sharing can be a little slow. Could use more robust sorting features. Add chat to the mobile experience.