JobBOSS² Reviews

JobBOSS²

JobBOSS2 promotes the profitability of scaling job shops.

4.1/5

Excellent system

Reviewed on 09/03/2020

Excellent!

Excellent!

Pros

We are a small manufacturing facility - but small does not mean we don't need the same data as the "bigs". E2 in it's old form was terrific - however the cloud based version is superior! Functionality - ease of reports, working with other platforms....we can't say enough!
We are now working on customizing some reports and I can't wait til they are part of our daily work!
Great software, great people, great value!

Cons

IF we can't figure out a custom report and need some form changes...it has taken longer than we like - however....that is the only downside thus far!

Dave
  • Industry: Public Safety

E2 Review

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

It did what we needed it to do. Monitor Inventory, Produce Quotes , Acknowledgements, Invoicing. Keep a History. It has been an improvement over using spreadsheets like we were doing.

Pros

Cons

Need a basic scheduling of orders interface without buying another package.

DELMIAworks

Reasons for Switching to JobBOSS²

It was able to do what we need it to do and Job Shop did not.
Don
  • Industry: Semiconductors

ECI Jobbos Software is Non Intuitive and non flexible, and the Trap you into a year contract

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

The software is probably the most poorly developed and an un-useful software that I have ever experienced. The product was complete and absolute garbage. I should have fire the employee who spec'd it in.
The implementation in trying to get the software to do what we wanted was a nightmare, so after 9 months of trying to "tweak" the system to do what we wanted, and another 2 months of just trying to live with what we bought, I decided to cut our losses. And then less than 10 days prior subscribing to the software for a year, I received an email telling me that my license key would be expiring, from which I was able to deduce and then confrim after contacting customer service, that we were on an annual contract.
And then without any call back number or anything I received an email telling me that I was required to cancel the contract 30 days prior to the "renewal", and therefore I could not cancel the annual renewal. (note I was paying monthly and frankly had no idea that this was an annual contract) Nonetheless I did contact them prior to the renewal once I figured out what they were pulling. For clarification, the email I received 10 days prior to the "renewal" did not reference "Renewal" or annual contract and it was sent to me 10 days prior so according the 30 day notice requirement, it was already to late as it were.

Pros

Absolutely Nothing. There was nothing that we liked about the software

Cons

The Description field for parts is limited to 30 characters. The database does not include a vendor/manufacturing part number field as a standard filed and you have to do workaround to get it to show on your purchase order. The software is completely non-intuitive, is extremely cumbersome and non-flexible and then they nickel and dime for every single change. The implementation phase was a total joke where after 9 months it still was not doing what we need it to do.. And then they to not make it clear that it is an annual subscription and that you need to provide a 30 day notice prior to renewal which they do not even inform you that it is a renewal. They simply tell you a few days ahead of time that you need to upload a license key.

Eric
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Statements

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

We have used E2 to make a large inventory and manage it better and efficiently.

We have used E2 to make a large inventory and manage it better and efficiently.

Pros

All areas in the manufacturing process can all be done on one software.

Cons

When you tab over creating a new order and adding part number you can accidently tab to fast and it will us a sub menu for a different quantity.

Kary

Long Time User

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

Pros

1) User Friendly
2) Robust
3) Complete ERP System
4) Great Customer Support

Cons

Nothing. This product does everything we needed it to do and efficiently.

Christy
  • Industry: Maritime

E2 Shop System for Manufacturing

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

The E2 Shop system has improved our quoting capabilities, which in turn, increases our bottom line. Our company uses Quickbooks and the interface has been consistent and reliable. And again, on the few times where there has been connectivity issues with Quickbooks, E2's technical support was able to resolve the problem very quickly.

Pros

This software is very consistent throughout all modules which makes it very user friendly. Also, the customer service is excellent. Each time I have encountered any issues, I can get a technician on the phone immediately who can remote in and resolve my issue instantly. They are knowledgeable, communicate clearly, and very efficient.

Cons

There is a bit of a lag time in using the online version, but the data is secure and the updates are frequent. Also, it does not retain historical pricing information for cost of materials, which would be useful when analyzing particular material costs.

Darla

Good tool

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

The system works well in going back to find orders, customer tracking and works for providing packing slips.

Pros

Easy order tracking system, user-friendly, is now web based.

Cons

Adding inventory and parts is laborious.

Basware

Reasons for Switching to JobBOSS²

cost

We have implemented this for a month now

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

We purchased E2 Shop System in October after months of research to find a manufacturing system that would integrate well with our accounting software that is already in place. There are several little quirks and kinks that we quickly discovered upon deploying the system that just made it a bit more tedious to use that honestly we probably wouldn't have purchased the software had we known this during the demo. The online training classes are not one-on-one and are instead a classroom type of environment, however, with having to stop every 3-4 minutes because the sample system interface is frozen or someone is having an issue understanding the procedure it tends to get a little lengthy and the content of the class is lost. We have actually taken it upon ourselves to pay the additional fee for someone to come in-house and go through what we still have yet to comprehend (yet have not been contacted to schedule a date well over a week of already approving and paying upfront costs for the trainer.) Hopefully, once we are able to sit down with the specialist all will be running smoothly for us and I will be able to provide a better review.

Pros

Web-based, Interface looks nice, Shipment progress is easy to follow

Cons

Difficult to learn, Manuals are out-dated, Customer support is hit or miss, Training classes are sometimes less than helpful and leave you desiring that one-on-one instruction.

Sandra
Sandra
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

I love how easy E2 Shoptech is to use for the average person and the integration with...

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Pros

Ease of use and the integration with Quickbooks for accounting. Reports look great and its awesome that you can get help to customize the reports if you want. It is also very easy to train someone to use even if that person has not had any real experience using software systems.

Cons

I really do not like the scheduling module. I don't think it works for our type of work and just is difficult for us to figure out.

Turned my shop around

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Cannot live without it now.

Cannot live without it now.

Pros

Loaded with features. Took my manually operated shop to the next level and then some. We cannot live without it now. Custom applications available that make it even better. I can watch and control my shop from anywhere!

Cons

setup was tiresome and takes a good bit of learning.

Lisa
  • Industry: Machinery

I no longer wanted my shop to run me....

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

E2 has been great to work with from the very beginning. We do not have an IT department but they helped walk me through the steps of setting up our system. They are always very nice and polite on the phone whenever I have to call. The system is great, with only a few bugs.

Pros

The way that E2 links all the different aspects together with various search functions. I can easily find ANYTHING i'm looking for and run so many reports to find out whatever information I want.

Cons

We still use the Access database version and it's only for PC. Two of us are dedicated Apple users, so that took some figuring out how to continue using Apple products with E2. There are only two reasons I haven't switched to the online hosted version - document type linking, and stable internet service.

Monica
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

We think this is the perfect software!

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

We can't say enough about the outstanding support and customer service from the folks at Shoptech. They have always been an absolute pleasure to work with - extremely responsive and knowledgeable!

Pros

We are a 20 person precision machining and sheet metal fabrication shop. We do everything from prototype to large quantity production runs, and E2 Shop System does everything we need it to! This software follows a part from cradle to grave; from establishing raw material part numbers all the way thru to cash receipts, it ties every aspect of a job together, and is extremely user friendly! I love that we can collect real time information on the progress of a job, and when all is said and done, we know EXACTLY how much it cost us to produce a part. It allows us to give our customers the best possible price without any guess work on our end. We have been able to keep our accounting bills to a minimum, as the software allows you to produce balance sheets, income statements, 1099's - EVERYTHING! In 2017 we decided to convert to the Web Based version, and it was an absolutely seemless transition. I LOVE that we can do quoting, bookkeeping, analysis, etc. remotely. No longer needing to maintain a huge server has been great too!

Cons

I can honestly say that I don't feel like there's anything "missing" with this software. Of course, there are the occasional "glitches", but Shoptech is very responsive and quick to come up with a fix! If I HAD to find something to complain about, it would be that the "maintenance fees" are a bit high for the web based version. However, not needing to maintain a server and the expense associated therewith, it's probably close to a wash!

richard

Reviewed on 02/04/2013

We are a custom fabricator of precision metal parts and assemblies. We are very diverse in our customer market base, each of which has their particular needs and associated challenges. We started out several years ago using Excel spreadsheets for quoting that became increasingly complex and customized. The maintenance aspect of the quotes and quoting process became very convoluted and messy. The biggest problem with a Microsoft product system was the ability for any user to accidentally make changes to the quoting sheet for one particular customer and that calculation would carry over to other quotes. We knew that we needed to improve the process of quoting and tracking time associated with each project. In addition, we wanted to add BOM and stock tracking capabilities, so we began to look at all of the options available. We researched JobBoss, Citrux, Syspro, Intuit and Microsoft Dynamics. Each of the software platforms had pros and cons. For us, the determining factors were price per function and the feature set offerings that were specifically designed for manufacturing. We did not want to custom tailor a software package for our shop. We wanted a software that was already set up for the way we do business, all we had to do was populate the fields and learn the basic functions.

Overall, E2 has been a good decision for our company. It has allowed us to scale up and spend much less time tracking order status, employee and machine utilization and keeping track of BOMs without the use of Excel spreadsheets, which we used to use for everything. Excel was a good starting tool for us, but was not sustainable as we have grown. We are much leaner now than before and I feel that we are able to generate and evaluate useful BI data for evaluation. We like having the ability to know the time it takes us to process a particular job through the shop, and the ability for administrative employees to be able to check the status of a job.

We have recommended E2 to two of our supply chain partners since inception. One of the companies uses it and does well with it. The other company never embraced it and made the commitment to fully transition over to it. The moral of the story: It is a good tool, but it is not a five minute process to transition into it. It requires a champion within your organization that will learn it and be willing to get the data transfer set up so that your company can make a hard-stop transition over to using the system and not look back to your current system. Human nature is to resist change and you will have to manage your staff’s desire to keep using your current system because it’s comfortable and quicker, due to their knowledge of the current system.

We have had a few issues along the way that have been frustrating (probably 5 times in 6 years). On a few occasions we have lost some data and had employees that were unable to input data into the system. We believe that the root cause was the system failing in some way while an employee was logging data. For example, If I am inputting data into an order and there is a fault (for any reason: power dip, hardware on my computer, etc) the E2 system sees this a problem because I was in the main database and when the network connection is re-established. We back up our data daily and can always revert to the previous day’s data. This was a fairly easy fix, but the primary frustration was the lost time determining that the system is no longer recording the data that we put in.

Ratings:
Initial Install and data transfer, 7 (The tool to do this has gotten better since we migrated our data)
Training and support, 9 (Support has been good)
Ease of use and how easy to work with, ( Initially, 7. Now that we are comfortable with it, 9)
Any hiccoughs or glitches, (Yes, but minor, and probably in line with industry standard.)
Accuracy of info generated, 9 (You must ensure that employees are logging into and out of jobs accurately. This takes time, but will become a learned behavior. We have a lady in our office view the employee's log twice per day to ensure that they are logged into a job. If not, then they have to explain why)

We would purchase E2 again.

William
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Archaic & Tedious

Reviewed on 30/12/2016

Archaic and Tedious is exactly how I would describe Exact JobBoss. There are significant limitations in the software to consider up front. Part numbers are limited to 30 Characters. Drawing numbers are limited to 16 characters. General Description field is limited to 30 characters. Their answer to this is to provide an extended description dialog box. But you can not see the value of extended description in any sort of list view, therefore you can not see the complete description of your materials or parts anyplace until you generate quote document, or purchase order document, or a report. The general Description field will clip your description. It will let you enter more than 30 characters. But if you save and exit, then open the same quote it will have clipped the description to 30 characters. The UI is not user-friendly despite other reviews. I seriously doubt they have conducted usability and ergonomics studies with actual customers. It is very easy to get off track and be very disorganized with materials. Where it should have a good predefined material structure. The reporting side is very limited unless you are familiar with programming Crystal reports yourself. If you are building a product structure where multiple components use the same material, there is no way to add the same material to multiple components at once. You can copy material from one component to another, however, you cannot copy just a single material. For example, the component that I am copying from may have 5 materials in it. I have to copy all 5 materials into the target component then delete the materials I don't want in it. Same way with copying routings. A tech support rep argued this with me via email. To convince him I was correct and it was not possible I had to take a video of my screen attempting to copy one material and send that to him. Only then did he come off his position that it was possible. I can not see both the routings of a component and the materials of a component at the same time. They are two separate view windows you have to click back and forth in. Likewise, you cannot see the materials in multiple components at once. You have to click back and forth between the components you are interested in. If they rearranged their UI you could do some of these things, because there is plenty of room on your average size monitor screen. I have a 24" monitor and at a comfortable resolution, JobBoss is really only utilizing about 50% of my display space with actual pertinent information and controls. It's very easy to accidentally delete things and there are not many places where you can Undo, so if you accidentally delete something you are SOL. There is no way to add additional custom properties to a component. For example, I can not have Customer Part # and Our Part#. There are unforeseen nuances as well with formatting as well. If you enter a value in Vendor Reference field or Detail Number, then it overwrites the space for Extended Description on our Purchase Orders with Vendor Reference or Detail Number instead. You can not delete a material that has been used in a job. Unfortunately, we have a terrible material database with poorly named materials. We would like to replace the badly named materials with new materials that make more sense. But there is no good way to do this. Once a material has been used, closed, or scheduled it can not be deleted. It can only be inactivated. But what I want to do is replace it completely. Now they will say that they have a replace functionality, but it is really a rename functionality. But you can only rename one material at a time. So it's not really a replace function. Lastly, if you have limited seats you can set a user sign out after a period of time. However, I have found that if you walk away and have not saved your quote or job and it auto signs you out, it DOES NOT always save it for you. So you may lose work that you have done since last save.

Pros

It has quoting, materials, costing, and scheduling, and job status capabilities.

Cons

Sadly the UI is severely lacking. And it seems not much thought is given to usability and efficiency.

Kevin
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Entry level manufacturing software for shops willing to change to fit their ERP

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

It's not that our sales volume has outgrown JobBoss, but our processes have. The lack of flexibility and customization are forcing us to work outside of JobBoss (e.g. custom software). The more that happens, the more obvious it is that JobBoss isn't right for us. I always consider JobBoss as a first source for our processes. Most of the time it can do something similar to what we want, but we would have to make serious concessions to make it fit.

Ps. Stop sending "Important JobBoss Updates" that are primarily selling custom utilities.

Pros

In general, it's easy to use. Each module has similar buttons and interfaces. I think the AR/AP modules work well since it's not the primary focus of the software.

Cons

Quote entry has extremely limited ability to adjust margins (it can do it, but it's not easy). Adjusting margins are key for job shop environments. After speaking with support about my needs, they told me to quote outside of the system. Which means, I was literally told not to use your product.

Legacy fields get stuck in the system. There's a lot of clutter in our system because we need to change user defined fields but they're not available in the find/replace utility.

Scheduler is very poor. Difficult to use, glitchy. Doesn't (automatically) schedule for available labor resources, which is a huge part of a job shop environment. Reviewing scheduling during quoting doesn't account for current back load (or didn't at the time we last considered it).

The recent "facelift" was atrocious. It's actually a huge deterrent to updating versions. What benefit is this facelift to me?

My perception is that there will be no feature additions to the core product. Any improvements come in the form of custom utilities with additional cost.

Roy
  • Industry: Plastics

One of the best

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

I have used JobBoss for the last 6 years and it's great for a shop like ours with custom products. It handles everything from the initial customer quote to turning it into a sales order, defining specific jobs and component jobs all the way through shipping and invoicing.

The various processes you might need are logically organized into modules which make performing specific tasks easy. The downside is the occasional lack of communication between the modules requiring you to complete some information multiple times. The only reason I did not give 5 stars across the board is the inability to look at the big picture (all open orders), drill down to the semi-big picture (a specific sales order), and so on down to the minutest detail. If you are looking at any of these areas by itself JobBoss is a great tool that does a terrific job at helping you manage a project; it could use a little tweaking to help you really manage multiple projects with ease.

Pros

The level of detail available about any project, material requirements for the project, routing steps, and tracking of progress.
A complete system available to manage every aspect of the shop from scheduling of employees and jobs, payroll, materials, and more.
XML support to allow you to use external programs to exchange data with JobBoss.

Cons

Inability to really drill down from a broad overview of projects in the shop down to specific details of a single job.
Customer support for using XML extremely limited. Poor documentation on using it.
Does not allow you to require completion of a routing step before beginning the next. Ability to track progress is 100% dependent upon employees logging into a job and recording their progress without any enforcement policy within the program.

Melissa
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

If you are a company that is looking to truly maximize an ERP system to organize your company...

Reviewed on 01/04/2018

Pros

E2 user for 13 years, sequel version. Most manufacturing companies hardly utilize more than 50% of an MRP/ERP, and don't put the effort to truly comprehend the system to ever fully utilize. In those cases, this would be a good system to use. It does a lot of muscle work for you if you use it right. If you are truly ok with simply letting their scheduling module spit out a generic schedule that is limited in work-ability, this would be a good system. The most updated version has more bells a whistles which is nice but for us was fundamentally lacking in real change and not worthy of the investment to upgrade - plus the fact it is an entirely new system where you would lose all your history was additionally disappointing.

Cons

The system has way too many issues. The purchasing module is as stagnant and rigid as it gets. No room for flexibility. The estimating module is also disconnected on very basic levels from the purchasing side. The scheduling module has not been updated in any sort of substantial way since the beginning and is entirely too slow to be of use if you actually want to actively manage your variables. It crashes a lot (and yes, we had it set up by them so no reason there). The support is BASIC. Within 1 year, I was more knowledgeable than the staff trying to help me with questions I had. Constant system issues where quantities duplicate on their own, or system crashes when running a report (which some of them take a really long time).

Robert
  • Industry: Utilities

Growing Our Business

Reviewed on 22/03/2019

Seventeen years ago I was brought into CAMCO to research and implement a comprehensive business and shop control solution for them. Other previous attempts to do so weren't working out and then we found Shoptech. I'm still here!
Shoptech has enabled us to control and track the hundreds of jobs and thousands of associated parts that flow through our business monthly. We can see where our time and materials are and have a precise breakout of costs and income. The accounting and reports module generate all that is needed for our accountants to do their respective tasks and give upper management the oversight they need to run the business.

Pros

We're a growing company and as such have turn-over and new personnel growth. E2 is intuitive and our new employees seem to be able to adapt into the system with minimal effort and training. As the IT person here I have witnessed that peer-to-peer training seems to be all that is required to have that new person up and running on E2 within a short time and with little involvement from me, that's a big help! From Shipping and Receiving through final Billing, if our new hire has basic computing skills, their transition into that respective E2 function hasn't been a major training concern.

Cons

We're a service and repair facility and it took considerable effort improvising and rethinking to adapt the system into our way of doing things. Initially the software seemed to be over-kill and confusing for our needs but with time we were able to merge our methods with the system and adapt.

Vickie
  • Industry: Machinery

Why E2 is the software choice for Taylor Manufacturing.

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Overall E2 is great. Due to the job and cost tracking capabilities of E2, we are able to stay on top of our prices that we charge our customers. We can monitor the labor expense of our machines and setup times which allows us to find new processes to maintain our original quotes. These savings are passed on to our customers which benefits our company's growth and success rate.

Pros

The thing I like most about E2 is that it is so user friendly. The process of training new employees is very simple due to the ease of E2. E2 is very functional. It works wonderful for all our departments: AR, AP, Quoting & Estimating, Receiving & Shipping, order entry & purchasing, job tracking and all accounting and inventory reporting. The online forum, tutorials and customer service alone are reasons enough to purchase E2. Their customer services is top rated. I have always received help and been completely satisfied with the results each and every time I've contacted E2.

Cons

The thing I dislike about E2 is orphans. Orphans are little glitches that are caused when something goes wrong. E2 doesn't go backwards very well, meaning you have to be very cautious when undoing / unwinding things. Some of my fellow employees fail to unwind things the proper way so we get an orphan occasionally. Although I must say, orphans are an easy fix for E2 customer service reps.

April

Works for us

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

The customer service provided by E2 has always been outstanding. I appreciate that they are regularly making improvements and seem to respond to user feedback in a timely manner. This system works well for our needs.

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to navigate through. We do not utilize everything E2 has to offer. We create orders, packing slips, invoices and vendor PO's with E2. We are in an internet deadzone and have really bad service in the shop so we are unable to use the data collection portion and we use QuickBooks for our billing. for what we use it for it works great. The traveler make sense, creating packing slips and invoices is simple and the customer service is top notch.

Cons

The interface is not really intuitive, there was a big learning curve for my team. For example, when we were first trying to print job travelers we were hitting the "print" button in the top right. This was not the correct button. The correct button is "reprint" on the left side of the screen. Why would we be "reprinting" something that we haven't even printed yet? And why have two print options when one isn't even really an option? Another example with some of our frustrations is with the GL accounts. You have to assign an account to a tool in order for it to be properly assigned in QuickBooks. When invoicing, you are required
to enter what GL account you would like that invoice assigned to, but it does nothing. The GL accounts are attached to tools, not invoices. If you do your bookkeeping in QuickBooks it is pointless. It would be really helpful if you could assign your GL account in the invoicing stage, but you can't.

Vernon

Reviewed on 17/08/2011

Qualastat Electronics, Inc. has been in business since 1986, specializing in the manufacturing of electronic cable and wire harness assemblies.

Included in our product line are RF assemblies, including phase-matched and time delay and fiber-optic cable assemblies. When the company reached the point where we could not adequately track inventory nor easily quote new assemblies, we decided to install an ERP system. We looked at a number of software packages that could be adapted to our organization but selected E2 due to its comprehensiveness, cost and ease of use. Prior to installing E2 we used a hodgepodge of programs including DBA, Databases and spreadsheets.

We quickly found that we could stop using everything but E2. Our quotes became more complete, which prevented us from leaving out tooling, NRE charges, minimum purchase costs and helped us instantly become repetitive with our quotes. We found that with the use of job costing, using barcoding the the manufacturing area, we could review closed jobs and make quick changes to our estimated labor before quoting the same or similar items in the future.

We now are able to analyze manufacturing processes by each individual operator and can determine what training needs to be done to improve efficiencies. The quality module made ISO-9001 certification much easier to obtain. Almost everything needed to become and stay compliant with ISO requirements are contained and provided inside the E2 program.

Our customer satisfaction and vendor quality are now easy to measure, which helps us to continually improve our business and product. We found that the savings we realized and the ability to see our true costs enabled us to see a two year payback and now everything is just more profit or savings to our customers.

We sent most of our staff and management personnel to get classroom training and have also had a local representative come into our facility for more specialized training and to provide refresher training. This has proven to be very effective and everyone was able immediately to run with the program.

Shoptech has proven to be a very supportive organization. Our employees enjoy the ability to call in and immediately resolve problems or issues they face. Nobody has had an instance where the customer support person could not help, which is uncommon in our industry.

There may be a better software package available for us to use. If it exists, I have not seen it and I would be very skeptical about any other software coming close to providing for us what E2 gives us on a continuous basis. I would highly recommend any job shop type organization to purchase the whole program and not leave out any modules since they all complement each other and make the whole program cost-effective and useful.

Michele

9 Year User of E2 Shoptech

Reviewed on 29/03/2016

Pros

The product is a comprehensive job tracking system. When using the individual "modules" in the correct order in creating parts, quotes, jobs, purchases, shipments, etc. you will be able to trace, track, run reports and get great information. Shoptech as a vendor has always been extremely helpful when you contact them. You will not sit on hold for hours like with some other vendors. You will find both basic information and more extensive information on their website either through webinars, help papers, virtual training classes and also User Discussion Boards. Should you not find the information which you are seeking, their staff is very informative and will not leave you in a bind.

Cons

The vendor is very upfront about what their system will and will not accomplish. I miss my accounting bells and whistles with having real time reporting at my finger tips (however, they do provide a "Quick-view" area in which to get real time data for various areas in the system such as job status, parts/customer/vendor inquiries and information, PO status, etc. The worst issue that I can state is that in order to take a look at where items are hitting the G/L, the month in question has to be posted. In order to make any changes, the months have to be unposted. Users should not be in the "Accounting area" when this is being done. AND the worst part in using the audit trail to see which user possibly edited something, no matter where in the system, the audit trail will only tell you who viewed, possibly edited, but will not give you further information to solve your puzzles as to who did what, when and why.

John
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

E2 is the ERP that gives the big name ERP's a Run for there money!!

Reviewed on 02/10/2015

Pros

I have used multiple ERP systems some of them rather expensive with a large learning curve, when I went looking for a ERP system for our machine shop, one of the leading criteria was that the ERP would have, or support the AS9100 standard. E2 was the only one that offered a QA module to help create our AS9100 documentation, then as a bonus E2 had a consultant come out and help set up our AS9100 Quality Management System, to top it off, another consultant came back out a few month later to do an audit of our documentation to make sure we were ready to take on the AS9100 registrar. E2 does have an AP & AR module however we wanted to be able to keep our financial information separate in QuickBooks, this ERP system allows you to flow order and purchase order information seamlessly from E2 to QuickBooks by syncing this information over. I really hope companies that are looking for an ERP system make E2 their choice. I did a lot of painstaking research on this and wish I would have found reviews of ERP systems like this to help me along. E2 does what it takes to run a business effectively and as an added surprise the software is cost effective as well.

Cons

The only Area I have had a challenge with would be the timeclock buzzer, the timeclock portion is provided by one of E2's partners and we recently had the buzzer stop working well, the e2 sofware is pinging the correct signal however the buzzer is not working correctly. So really this doesnt seem to be a E2 issue it is a computerwise issue (computerwise is the timeclock system)

Tabatha
  • Industry: Medical Devices

E2 Team

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

E2 ShopTech has a great team to work with when your troubleshooting. If they can not find the answer they will make a copy of your database and find the answer and let you know the results. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] proved this to me on my last ticket sent in. Thank you for all your help troubleshooting the cost report vs the inventory stock amount.

Pros

Easy use for an ERP System. I enjoy all the help and support when I was leaning this software a few years ago. the transition from the old software to the new software was very easy. Your team is very helpful when teaching others how to use the software. The classes are a huge help. Thank you.

Cons

I could see improvement in offering the old live classes in the old E2 software. My old job, I used the old software then transitioned my team to the new we based software. Now, I am back using the old software until I move them to the web based software, and the classes are only in the new web based software, so it is difficult to teach a new team how to use this software when the video's only show the new web based version.

Kate

Small Business Looking for Shop Control

Reviewed on 28/07/2016

Pros

Experience: We are a small family owned business that needed to get ISO certified as a requirement by our customer. We did our research and E2 was the best company to offer shop control and offer ISO certification. We have been using E2 since 2012, we have been ISO certified since 2012. We were eager and became ISO certified within 6 months (take a lot of work and dedication to get it done quickly).

Overall E2 has been a great resource for us.

Pros: The software is easy to use, the information that you are able to get from reports is helpful (only as good as the information put in).

Easy for all employees to use with all computer skill levels.

ISO documentation was extremely helpful with becoming ISO certified.

Customer service is always helpful, you always get a real person to help you with your needs.

Cons

Software does not allow you to do multiple things at once, it is very simplistic which might be best.

Difficult to customize it to you specific needs, it can be done but there is a cost for that. If you are a start up company this software would be great to get you going with all aspects, if you are an established company you might need to adjust how you do things.

We still do all of our accounting and customer quoting from QuickBooks as that works best for our company.

We do not use E2 for scheduling as we are a fast pace job shop and things change on the fly and difficult to schedule within the software.