JobBOSS²

Write a Review!
JobBOSS2 promotes the profitability of scaling job shops.

4.1/5

Excellent system

Reviewed on 09/03/2020

Excellent!

Excellent!

Pros

We are a small manufacturing facility - but small does not mean we don't need the same data as the "bigs". E2 in it's old form was terrific - however the cloud based version is superior! Functionality - ease of reports, working with other platforms....we can't say enough!
We are now working on customizing some reports and I can't wait til they are part of our daily work!
Great software, great people, great value!

Cons

IF we can't figure out a custom report and need some form changes...it has taken longer than we like - however....that is the only downside thus far!

Angelo

A Comprehensive Solution for Streamlining Business Processes

Reviewed on 25/01/2023

Overall, JobBOSS² is an excellent software solution for streamlining and automating business processes. It is intuitive and user-friendly, with a wide range of features to help businesses succeed. The customer support team is also helpful and always available when needed. The only downside is the higher cost associated with using the software.

Pros

JobBOSS² is an incredibly comprehensive and user-friendly software solution for streamlining and automating business processes. It offers a wide range of features such as collaboration tools, scheduling, accounting, and analytics. The user interface is intuitive, making it easy to learn and use. The customer support team is also excellent and always available to help when needed.

Cons

Although JobBOSS² is a great tool overall, there are some minor issues with the software that can be frustrating. For example, some of the features can be difficult to access and the user manual isn't always clear. In addition, the licensing costs can be expensive for smaller businesses.

Response from ECI Software Solutions

Thank you for your thorough feedback! I'm glad that you think JobBOSS² is user-friendly and great for automating your business.

Thank you for also sharing that the user manual could be clearer and giving us insight into our pricing. I'd love to hear more from you. Please email me at [email protected].

Thanks,
Fengning Yu
JobBOSS² Product Marketer

Kevin
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Entry level manufacturing software for shops willing to change to fit their ERP

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

It's not that our sales volume has outgrown JobBoss, but our processes have. The lack of flexibility and customization are forcing us to work outside of JobBoss (e.g. custom software). The more that happens, the more obvious it is that JobBoss isn't right for us. I always consider JobBoss as a first source for our processes. Most of the time it can do something similar to what we want, but we would have to make serious concessions to make it fit.

Ps. Stop sending "Important JobBoss Updates" that are primarily selling custom utilities.

Pros

In general, it's easy to use. Each module has similar buttons and interfaces. I think the AR/AP modules work well since it's not the primary focus of the software.

Cons

Quote entry has extremely limited ability to adjust margins (it can do it, but it's not easy). Adjusting margins are key for job shop environments. After speaking with support about my needs, they told me to quote outside of the system. Which means, I was literally told not to use your product.

Legacy fields get stuck in the system. There's a lot of clutter in our system because we need to change user defined fields but they're not available in the find/replace utility.

Scheduler is very poor. Difficult to use, glitchy. Doesn't (automatically) schedule for available labor resources, which is a huge part of a job shop environment. Reviewing scheduling during quoting doesn't account for current back load (or didn't at the time we last considered it).

The recent "facelift" was atrocious. It's actually a huge deterrent to updating versions. What benefit is this facelift to me?

My perception is that there will be no feature additions to the core product. Any improvements come in the form of custom utilities with additional cost.

Susan

Users since 2005

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

My overall experience has been very good with all E2 aspects, my concerns have always been handled professionally and quickly. They have been able to modify or create a new program I have requested in a timely efficient manner.

Pros

I like everything about this software. We have two sites, although we are considered Aerosafe Companies we are in fact two separate companies with their own receivables and payable. I like that I can switch back and forth with ease. I use the accounting modules mostly which are wonderful, I have never had a problem with them. I also use the Purchasing module as I order tooling, material, supplies etc., The Inventory module is great allowing me to allocate all items to a GL code I have set up.

Cons

There are no cons as far as I am concerned and would recommend it to anyone. I have done so on more than one occasion.

Roy
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Gem-Trim of Houma, LLC (Manufacturer of Control Valve Parts)

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Our experience has been excellent.

Our experience has been excellent.

Pros

Gem-Trim is a small manufacturing company of control valve parts. The E2 Shop System fit our company perfectly with the three modules we needed (Manufacturing, Financial, Quality). E2 is not a multi layered system like some of the other systems we looked at. Gem-Trim uses all three modules to a high degree and the three modules compliment each other and provides management to a vast amount of information. The E2 System is an extremely user friendly product but still gives a small company the big company profile.

Cons

There were some minor obstacles in the program we had to overcome and adjust to, but the support from the E2 staff was a tremendous help and assisted us through those situations.

Erica

Good software

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

Overall this is the best application for what we need. The customer service is top notch. The custom development team is good.

Pros

I like the fact the you can route, have job costing, accounting, etc all in one area. For this type of application, this is the best software to choose from. Shoptech continues to make improvements and listens to the customers on where to improve.

Cons

The quality module needs improved as well as the scheduling. The repository in unusable.

Lucas

Used to use E2

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

Customer support and product was good. We aren’t a machine shop and are a travel service company. E2 wasn’t offering a Mobil App at the time we needed it. That is why we moved to another software to track all employees time and expenses.

Pros

It was great at linking in-house employee hours jobs.

Cons

It was not easy for employees to change their time during the day/week. Managers had to edit it.

Ted
  • Industry: Machinery

Like the software, yet support communication and follow up is very poor

Reviewed on 31/08/2023

Our team has 16 years experience with JobBoss. We reviewed other ERP system companies prior to upgrading to JobBoss2. We like the ease of use, yet concerned enough about the support to consider new options.

Pros

The ERP system features and user interface meets our needs. System provided reports work well. It supports our ability as contract manufacturer machine shop to supply simple parts to more complex assemblies for commercial, defense and aerospace OEMs.

Cons

Poor experience with customer support and communication to resolve software issues. A recent example is with a system caused large inventory errors. Initial response with repeat follow up took over 3 weeks, and reaching out to others after 4 weeks.Requests to procure custom reports take weeks for feedback.

Ben

Okay Operations Management, Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

We feel the system itself is ok, but outdated for today's market. Other systems provide more digital based solutions that provide faster results more efficiently. When we voiced to them that we were switching to a new provider, they told us to get everything in order in one week and then shut down our subscription until we pay for a year contract for just 3 users. So while their system does have potential to grow, it feels they do not value their customers, no matter how loyal they have been.

Pros

It allowed us to manage orders throughout the facility using paper-based job travelers. We also ran our invoicing and logistics through it as well.

Cons

The system was very inflexible and could not change with the company. Training new users was also difficult. The customer service is almost non-existent. It was always very difficult to find out how to get a hold of someone if there was a question or issue.

Christy
  • Industry: Maritime

E2 Shop System for Manufacturing

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

The E2 Shop system has improved our quoting capabilities, which in turn, increases our bottom line. Our company uses Quickbooks and the interface has been consistent and reliable. And again, on the few times where there has been connectivity issues with Quickbooks, E2's technical support was able to resolve the problem very quickly.

Pros

This software is very consistent throughout all modules which makes it very user friendly. Also, the customer service is excellent. Each time I have encountered any issues, I can get a technician on the phone immediately who can remote in and resolve my issue instantly. They are knowledgeable, communicate clearly, and very efficient.

Cons

There is a bit of a lag time in using the online version, but the data is secure and the updates are frequent. Also, it does not retain historical pricing information for cost of materials, which would be useful when analyzing particular material costs.

Edward

E2

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Overall experience with the personal at Shoptech. From the support to team to the sales team. All are knowledgeable.

Pros

The versatility, working with the custom development team and being able to get features that aren't out of the box. From the end users perspective it's easy to use.

Cons

I have no complaints at this time. Very pleased with the product.

Lisa
  • Industry: Machinery

I no longer wanted my shop to run me....

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

E2 has been great to work with from the very beginning. We do not have an IT department but they helped walk me through the steps of setting up our system. They are always very nice and polite on the phone whenever I have to call. The system is great, with only a few bugs.

Pros

The way that E2 links all the different aspects together with various search functions. I can easily find ANYTHING i'm looking for and run so many reports to find out whatever information I want.

Cons

We still use the Access database version and it's only for PC. Two of us are dedicated Apple users, so that took some figuring out how to continue using Apple products with E2. There are only two reasons I haven't switched to the online hosted version - document type linking, and stable internet service.

Monica
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

We think this is the perfect software!

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

We can't say enough about the outstanding support and customer service from the folks at Shoptech. They have always been an absolute pleasure to work with - extremely responsive and knowledgeable!

Pros

We are a 20 person precision machining and sheet metal fabrication shop. We do everything from prototype to large quantity production runs, and E2 Shop System does everything we need it to! This software follows a part from cradle to grave; from establishing raw material part numbers all the way thru to cash receipts, it ties every aspect of a job together, and is extremely user friendly! I love that we can collect real time information on the progress of a job, and when all is said and done, we know EXACTLY how much it cost us to produce a part. It allows us to give our customers the best possible price without any guess work on our end. We have been able to keep our accounting bills to a minimum, as the software allows you to produce balance sheets, income statements, 1099's - EVERYTHING! In 2017 we decided to convert to the Web Based version, and it was an absolutely seemless transition. I LOVE that we can do quoting, bookkeeping, analysis, etc. remotely. No longer needing to maintain a huge server has been great too!

Cons

I can honestly say that I don't feel like there's anything "missing" with this software. Of course, there are the occasional "glitches", but Shoptech is very responsive and quick to come up with a fix! If I HAD to find something to complain about, it would be that the "maintenance fees" are a bit high for the web based version. However, not needing to maintain a server and the expense associated therewith, it's probably close to a wash!

richard

Reviewed on 02/04/2013

We are a custom fabricator of precision metal parts and assemblies. We are very diverse in our customer market base, each of which has their particular needs and associated challenges. We started out several years ago using Excel spreadsheets for quoting that became increasingly complex and customized. The maintenance aspect of the quotes and quoting process became very convoluted and messy. The biggest problem with a Microsoft product system was the ability for any user to accidentally make changes to the quoting sheet for one particular customer and that calculation would carry over to other quotes. We knew that we needed to improve the process of quoting and tracking time associated with each project. In addition, we wanted to add BOM and stock tracking capabilities, so we began to look at all of the options available. We researched JobBoss, Citrux, Syspro, Intuit and Microsoft Dynamics. Each of the software platforms had pros and cons. For us, the determining factors were price per function and the feature set offerings that were specifically designed for manufacturing. We did not want to custom tailor a software package for our shop. We wanted a software that was already set up for the way we do business, all we had to do was populate the fields and learn the basic functions.

Overall, E2 has been a good decision for our company. It has allowed us to scale up and spend much less time tracking order status, employee and machine utilization and keeping track of BOMs without the use of Excel spreadsheets, which we used to use for everything. Excel was a good starting tool for us, but was not sustainable as we have grown. We are much leaner now than before and I feel that we are able to generate and evaluate useful BI data for evaluation. We like having the ability to know the time it takes us to process a particular job through the shop, and the ability for administrative employees to be able to check the status of a job.

We have recommended E2 to two of our supply chain partners since inception. One of the companies uses it and does well with it. The other company never embraced it and made the commitment to fully transition over to it. The moral of the story: It is a good tool, but it is not a five minute process to transition into it. It requires a champion within your organization that will learn it and be willing to get the data transfer set up so that your company can make a hard-stop transition over to using the system and not look back to your current system. Human nature is to resist change and you will have to manage your staff’s desire to keep using your current system because it’s comfortable and quicker, due to their knowledge of the current system.

We have had a few issues along the way that have been frustrating (probably 5 times in 6 years). On a few occasions we have lost some data and had employees that were unable to input data into the system. We believe that the root cause was the system failing in some way while an employee was logging data. For example, If I am inputting data into an order and there is a fault (for any reason: power dip, hardware on my computer, etc) the E2 system sees this a problem because I was in the main database and when the network connection is re-established. We back up our data daily and can always revert to the previous day’s data. This was a fairly easy fix, but the primary frustration was the lost time determining that the system is no longer recording the data that we put in.

Ratings:
Initial Install and data transfer, 7 (The tool to do this has gotten better since we migrated our data)
Training and support, 9 (Support has been good)
Ease of use and how easy to work with, ( Initially, 7. Now that we are comfortable with it, 9)
Any hiccoughs or glitches, (Yes, but minor, and probably in line with industry standard.)
Accuracy of info generated, 9 (You must ensure that employees are logging into and out of jobs accurately. This takes time, but will become a learned behavior. We have a lady in our office view the employee's log twice per day to ensure that they are logged into a job. If not, then they have to explain why)

We would purchase E2 again.

William

Archaic & Tedious

Reviewed on 30/12/2016

Archaic and Tedious is exactly how I would describe Exact JobBoss. There are significant limitations in the software to consider up front. Part numbers are limited to 30 Characters. Drawing numbers are limited to 16 characters. General Description field is limited to 30 characters. Their answer to this is to provide an extended description dialog box. But you can not see the value of extended description in any sort of list view, therefore you can not see the complete description of your materials or parts anyplace until you generate quote document, or purchase order document, or a report. The general Description field will clip your description. It will let you enter more than 30 characters. But if you save and exit, then open the same quote it will have clipped the description to 30 characters. The UI is not user-friendly despite other reviews. I seriously doubt they have conducted usability and ergonomics studies with actual customers. It is very easy to get off track and be very disorganized with materials. Where it should have a good predefined material structure. The reporting side is very limited unless you are familiar with programming Crystal reports yourself. If you are building a product structure where multiple components use the same material, there is no way to add the same material to multiple components at once. You can copy material from one component to another, however, you cannot copy just a single material. For example, the component that I am copying from may have 5 materials in it. I have to copy all 5 materials into the target component then delete the materials I don't want in it. Same way with copying routings. A tech support rep argued this with me via email. To convince him I was correct and it was not possible I had to take a video of my screen attempting to copy one material and send that to him. Only then did he come off his position that it was possible. I can not see both the routings of a component and the materials of a component at the same time. They are two separate view windows you have to click back and forth in. Likewise, you cannot see the materials in multiple components at once. You have to click back and forth between the components you are interested in. If they rearranged their UI you could do some of these things, because there is plenty of room on your average size monitor screen. I have a 24" monitor and at a comfortable resolution, JobBoss is really only utilizing about 50% of my display space with actual pertinent information and controls. It's very easy to accidentally delete things and there are not many places where you can Undo, so if you accidentally delete something you are SOL. There is no way to add additional custom properties to a component. For example, I can not have Customer Part # and Our Part#. There are unforeseen nuances as well with formatting as well. If you enter a value in Vendor Reference field or Detail Number, then it overwrites the space for Extended Description on our Purchase Orders with Vendor Reference or Detail Number instead. You can not delete a material that has been used in a job. Unfortunately, we have a terrible material database with poorly named materials. We would like to replace the badly named materials with new materials that make more sense. But there is no good way to do this. Once a material has been used, closed, or scheduled it can not be deleted. It can only be inactivated. But what I want to do is replace it completely. Now they will say that they have a replace functionality, but it is really a rename functionality. But you can only rename one material at a time. So it's not really a replace function. Lastly, if you have limited seats you can set a user sign out after a period of time. However, I have found that if you walk away and have not saved your quote or job and it auto signs you out, it DOES NOT always save it for you. So you may lose work that you have done since last save.

Pros

It has quoting, materials, costing, and scheduling, and job status capabilities.

Cons

Sadly the UI is severely lacking. And it seems not much thought is given to usability and efficiency.

Sherri

Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

To anyone that is thinking about purchasing E2, now known as Shop Tech....BUYER BEWARE

Our company...

Our company made the decision to purchase E2 in 2018 at a machine show. The sales associates that were demonstrating the software did an amazing job showing off it's operational talents and expertise. The company paid for two of us top management specialists to travel to a training sight where we worked out of a step by step workbook, which began the wasting of monies....But then 1/1/2019 the nightmare began.

The program was not the same as the one purchased by the President of the company. They supplied a brand new version of E2 and told us that it had been a replacement for the one we purchased and the prior was no longer available.. For two years to follow we were nothing but guinea pigs. Our company suffered computer glitches, accounting problems, data loss and production interruption, due to the unready malfunctioning computer software supplied. Numerous hours spent with E2 support, could still not rectify the continuing accounting issues and glitches within the software. Weekly we received updates from E2 tech support to fix problems in their new system. These updates regularly had thousands of changes.

Goodbye Shop Tech... and good riddance!

Pros

The customer service was terrible and we do not have any pros to say about this software.

Cons

We hired a representative from their company to fly out for some help with direct training and accounting fixes. We had to prepay for his services. Upon arrival he informed us that he too was unfamiliar with the accounting portion and couldn't help us much. His services totaled over $6000.00 We finally resorted to paying our CPA office several hours to go through the process with us and balance the books.

In short, $37,000.00 later, not only we would NEVER recommend this product to any sized businesses, but if you're thinking of viewing this product, don't waste your time. They will show you a demo of software that's already setup and operating smoothly, which is NOT what will happen when you implement. As of January 2021 we have since, happily moved on to new software, but recently been forced to pay for the last six months of (non) tech support or risk being sent to Collections from Shop Tech. Classy Shop Tech....very classy.

Jim
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

We have used JobBOSS in our Mixmode Jobshop for 5 years.

Reviewed on 13/02/2014

Pros

The biggest advantage that we see in JobBOSS is that it is well-suited to the small manufacturer and job shop. The modules are functional for our day-to-day operations, which allowed us to standardize and increase our workload and throughput by at least 20%. The interface is user-friendly. We were able to implement the software very quickly compared to the software we were using. The workstations in the shop have given us a good handle on time collection. We also use the QuickBooks integration and it works flawlessly.

Exact employees are very friendly and knowledgeable about their product. We get answers to our questions very quickly, and they are very helpful in solving problems we incur. The online portal is a huge asset for training new users and enhancements to the software’s customization.

Cons

As good as the program is, there is room for improvement. We think it is just a few enhancements away from greatness. The software has several glitches that have not been fixed in the five years we have been using it. For example, you lose the information you are entering into a job or purchase order if another user is updating a related job or material. Sometimes, the software locks up and has to be forced to close and restart. This usually happens when you are trying to delete a raw material in a Job and select a different material; it's some kind of access violation. The updates of information changes between modules is slow and can be frustrating. For example, if a raw material is received from a PO and you want to add that material to a job and pick it from the inventory, you have to close the jobs module and reopen it to get the new inventory update; this should occur instantly. A few other enhancements would be nice (e.g.: autofill on names fields, uses of Return key to tab between fields, and a simpler method of customizing basic forms like can be done in QuickBooks).

We purchased the ShopBoss scheduling module with high hopes of solving our delinquent deliveries. After about two years of trying to implement this module, we abandoned it for our old manual method. The JobShop module needs a simpler and more flexible scheduling module. it requires way too much time in operator maintenance to keep it functional. In a job shop environment the schedule has to stay on the balls of its feet because the priorities are always changing. We can do the job faster than we can change the schedule in JobBoss.

Paul
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

E2 Shop System for a Job Shop

Reviewed on 16/09/2016

This software has all of the features necessary to quote a project, purchase for a project, and move the project successfully through the shop from one work station to another, accurately accumulating time as it goes.

It will give you insight into your jobs as to estimated performance versus actual performance, it will give you control over your purchasing and a 30,000ft level view of your work center loading.

Overall, it has the capabilities to meet a wide variety of manufacturing requirements with good reporting, and useful tools

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use. We can usually get new employees up and running fully on the software with only a couple of days of training.

If you implement the time keeping module it allows for excellent review of jobs and verification of timing for your work.

By far the best part of E-2 is the support. They have a wide range of support tools including Webex training's, customer support, and even analysts who can help implement, and improve your software usage.

Cons

Like most software it is built around a model that may not exactly match your business model. In this case the issue is Parts vs. Jobs. Our shop tracks jobs through the shop that are composed of multiple parts. E-2 works best if one part is one job. While it is possible to run multi-part jobs you lose some of the functionality of the software when you do.

The other limitation is eliminating duplicate data. If you have customers, materials or parts that were duplicated, or just plain created incorrectly, it is cumbersome to remove them from the E-2 system.

Vickie
  • Industry: Machinery

Why E2 is the software choice for Taylor Manufacturing.

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Overall E2 is great. Due to the job and cost tracking capabilities of E2, we are able to stay on top of our prices that we charge our customers. We can monitor the labor expense of our machines and setup times which allows us to find new processes to maintain our original quotes. These savings are passed on to our customers which benefits our company's growth and success rate.

Pros

The thing I like most about E2 is that it is so user friendly. The process of training new employees is very simple due to the ease of E2. E2 is very functional. It works wonderful for all our departments: AR, AP, Quoting & Estimating, Receiving & Shipping, order entry & purchasing, job tracking and all accounting and inventory reporting. The online forum, tutorials and customer service alone are reasons enough to purchase E2. Their customer services is top rated. I have always received help and been completely satisfied with the results each and every time I've contacted E2.

Cons

The thing I dislike about E2 is orphans. Orphans are little glitches that are caused when something goes wrong. E2 doesn't go backwards very well, meaning you have to be very cautious when undoing / unwinding things. Some of my fellow employees fail to unwind things the proper way so we get an orphan occasionally. Although I must say, orphans are an easy fix for E2 customer service reps.

April

Works for us

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

The customer service provided by E2 has always been outstanding. I appreciate that they are regularly making improvements and seem to respond to user feedback in a timely manner. This system works well for our needs.

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to navigate through. We do not utilize everything E2 has to offer. We create orders, packing slips, invoices and vendor PO's with E2. We are in an internet deadzone and have really bad service in the shop so we are unable to use the data collection portion and we use QuickBooks for our billing. for what we use it for it works great. The traveler make sense, creating packing slips and invoices is simple and the customer service is top notch.

Cons

The interface is not really intuitive, there was a big learning curve for my team. For example, when we were first trying to print job travelers we were hitting the "print" button in the top right. This was not the correct button. The correct button is "reprint" on the left side of the screen. Why would we be "reprinting" something that we haven't even printed yet? And why have two print options when one isn't even really an option? Another example with some of our frustrations is with the GL accounts. You have to assign an account to a tool in order for it to be properly assigned in QuickBooks. When invoicing, you are required
to enter what GL account you would like that invoice assigned to, but it does nothing. The GL accounts are attached to tools, not invoices. If you do your bookkeeping in QuickBooks it is pointless. It would be really helpful if you could assign your GL account in the invoicing stage, but you can't.

Vernon

Reviewed on 17/08/2011

Qualastat Electronics, Inc. has been in business since 1986, specializing in the manufacturing of electronic cable and wire harness assemblies.

Included in our product line are RF assemblies, including phase-matched and time delay and fiber-optic cable assemblies. When the company reached the point where we could not adequately track inventory nor easily quote new assemblies, we decided to install an ERP system. We looked at a number of software packages that could be adapted to our organization but selected E2 due to its comprehensiveness, cost and ease of use. Prior to installing E2 we used a hodgepodge of programs including DBA, Databases and spreadsheets.

We quickly found that we could stop using everything but E2. Our quotes became more complete, which prevented us from leaving out tooling, NRE charges, minimum purchase costs and helped us instantly become repetitive with our quotes. We found that with the use of job costing, using barcoding the the manufacturing area, we could review closed jobs and make quick changes to our estimated labor before quoting the same or similar items in the future.

We now are able to analyze manufacturing processes by each individual operator and can determine what training needs to be done to improve efficiencies. The quality module made ISO-9001 certification much easier to obtain. Almost everything needed to become and stay compliant with ISO requirements are contained and provided inside the E2 program.

Our customer satisfaction and vendor quality are now easy to measure, which helps us to continually improve our business and product. We found that the savings we realized and the ability to see our true costs enabled us to see a two year payback and now everything is just more profit or savings to our customers.

We sent most of our staff and management personnel to get classroom training and have also had a local representative come into our facility for more specialized training and to provide refresher training. This has proven to be very effective and everyone was able immediately to run with the program.

Shoptech has proven to be a very supportive organization. Our employees enjoy the ability to call in and immediately resolve problems or issues they face. Nobody has had an instance where the customer support person could not help, which is uncommon in our industry.

There may be a better software package available for us to use. If it exists, I have not seen it and I would be very skeptical about any other software coming close to providing for us what E2 gives us on a continuous basis. I would highly recommend any job shop type organization to purchase the whole program and not leave out any modules since they all complement each other and make the whole program cost-effective and useful.

Michele

9 Year User of E2 Shoptech

Reviewed on 29/03/2016

Pros

The product is a comprehensive job tracking system. When using the individual "modules" in the correct order in creating parts, quotes, jobs, purchases, shipments, etc. you will be able to trace, track, run reports and get great information. Shoptech as a vendor has always been extremely helpful when you contact them. You will not sit on hold for hours like with some other vendors. You will find both basic information and more extensive information on their website either through webinars, help papers, virtual training classes and also User Discussion Boards. Should you not find the information which you are seeking, their staff is very informative and will not leave you in a bind.

Cons

The vendor is very upfront about what their system will and will not accomplish. I miss my accounting bells and whistles with having real time reporting at my finger tips (however, they do provide a "Quick-view" area in which to get real time data for various areas in the system such as job status, parts/customer/vendor inquiries and information, PO status, etc. The worst issue that I can state is that in order to take a look at where items are hitting the G/L, the month in question has to be posted. In order to make any changes, the months have to be unposted. Users should not be in the "Accounting area" when this is being done. AND the worst part in using the audit trail to see which user possibly edited something, no matter where in the system, the audit trail will only tell you who viewed, possibly edited, but will not give you further information to solve your puzzles as to who did what, when and why.

John
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

E2 is the ERP that gives the big name ERP's a Run for there money!!

Reviewed on 02/10/2015

Pros

I have used multiple ERP systems some of them rather expensive with a large learning curve, when I went looking for a ERP system for our machine shop, one of the leading criteria was that the ERP would have, or support the AS9100 standard. E2 was the only one that offered a QA module to help create our AS9100 documentation, then as a bonus E2 had a consultant come out and help set up our AS9100 Quality Management System, to top it off, another consultant came back out a few month later to do an audit of our documentation to make sure we were ready to take on the AS9100 registrar. E2 does have an AP & AR module however we wanted to be able to keep our financial information separate in QuickBooks, this ERP system allows you to flow order and purchase order information seamlessly from E2 to QuickBooks by syncing this information over. I really hope companies that are looking for an ERP system make E2 their choice. I did a lot of painstaking research on this and wish I would have found reviews of ERP systems like this to help me along. E2 does what it takes to run a business effectively and as an added surprise the software is cost effective as well.

Cons

The only Area I have had a challenge with would be the timeclock buzzer, the timeclock portion is provided by one of E2's partners and we recently had the buzzer stop working well, the e2 sofware is pinging the correct signal however the buzzer is not working correctly. So really this doesnt seem to be a E2 issue it is a computerwise issue (computerwise is the timeclock system)

Vanessa

EAM

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

Overall I would say I am pleased with the software on a daily basis. We have learned to work around the restrictiveness but it is often a repeated topic for us and is what we consider a major flaw, Had we know before purchase how restrictive it is to making changes we might not have opted to buy,

Pros

The system does have some great capabilities, it allows full visibility for our production floor. It also encompasses added features such as Quality, Accounting and Scheduling.
And customer support/tech support is amazing. If it wasn't for their support your software wouldn't be as successful as it has been for me. And lastly your help section has improved light years, that too is so Helpful!

Cons

The software can be cumbersome at times and too restrictive. The way it ties together orders, work orders, inventory and purchase orders makes it next to impossible to make changes once processed, We work in an ever changing environment and the software makes it next to impossible to be able to support our customer changes without a LOT of extra work behind the scenes. You also need to focus on adding the "bells and whistles". Minor add ons often make the user experience so much more pleasant, Lastly there is a major lack of Note fields throughout the modules and your CRM portion could use lots of improvements as well.

Chris
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Excellent software for a shop or manufacturing company big or small.

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

before buying any software make sure it look seriously at E-2. Their prices are more affordable than you would think and by far best program for you.

Pros

the newest version of the software is great. the ability to create new items, quotes, jobs etc. is very easy. I looked into several different software options and to get the cloud based software the cost was higher than i expected and other company seemed to push to have you buy the on premise versions. the ability to add shop users later is not only easy but very affordable. the nice thing is you dont have to have shop users to be able to track or log times per job. you can enter in manually so if you are a smaller shop you can still take advantage of all the benefits of the software and be able to track P & L quick and easy.

Cons

My only downside to this was i used an old version for several years at another company. I was very jaded about looking at it for our new shop because how my previous employer had it set up. after seeing the newest version and all the improvements my mind was changed very quickly.