Hygger

#1 Kanban tool for software development teams

4.6 /5 (119 reviews) Write a Review!

I am coming from use JIRA and I found in Atlaz the basic functionality I need to complete a...

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Simple Project Management, Task Management and Collaboration tool.

Pros

I like the simplicity, usability is ok, I think new users will love to use it, I found the workflow simple enough for small medium projects.

Cons

I don't like or maybe I didn't understand the task assignation, this is an important feature, as a project manager I want to check and push the team and this link of assignation or groups assignation make me feel that I am not in charge of the project.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for the review! Please contact Hygger Support Team to get more info about the task assignment. They will be happy to help.

Christopher Y.

smooth for the most part, no noticeable issues, appreciate the interface.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

faster and easier access to development history and different version of code

Pros

it provides some good web based access to replace/manage usual cmd work. it's nice to see all the history of the different commits displayed in a neat matter

Cons

i wish the commit history overview had the option to display more information at a glance, so not just the commit message, but the list of files that were changed. that way it'd be easier for me to find the commit that i'm interested in.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for letting us know what features Hygger is lacking.
Feel free to share more suggestions on how we can implement the software for you.

Aušra L.

Hygger - first time used and liked it.

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

We are using this software for product development and its very convenient for us. We also are willing to keep all the information in one place, therefore, Hygger is quite a good option for that.

Pros

This is a very convenient software to use for product and project management, as it allows exporting and integration with other tools used within our company.

Cons

The pricing and the payment is difficult as we cannot easily book a standard plan. It has something to do with the transactions in Dollars and its difficult to understand, whether the plan is set up or not.

Response from Hygger

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties with payments.
Now Hygger has an Upgrade button on the header that helps you easily purchase a plan. Once you have paid for the subscription, the button will disappear.

Wynand K.

Finally an easy project planning tool with the basic features you need in a scrum team

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Pros

Its one of the most intuitive and easy to use tools that I have seen until now. It's exactly where you wish for in an small scrum team.

Cons

That you're not offered full control over the updates / messages you get, their is an option for email but would like a daily or weekly digest if you work with bigger or more teams.

Response from Hygger

Hygger team will keep implementing the tool to improve your experience in it.

• Used for Free Trial

Hygger is built on experience and knowledge

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

This is good software if you just pay attention to managing your project and ignore tiny bugs in the user interface.

Pros

It seems that a knowledgable team has built this application. it supports a variety of Project Management concepts.
The signup process is really easy and very fast. The signup email also has been sent very fast.
There are plenty of board templates which user can use them for a very fast start. It helps users to have the most suitable board based on their business and use of the software.
Using Some useful and well-known approaches for prioritizing tasks in projects is really nice. For example, the ICE method which is calculated by Impact * Confidence * Ease

Cons

They should pay more attention to the user interface. it could be more professional than the current one. they have not considered some tiny issues in UI., for example, I watched The Youtube video on their site and I decided to sign up. The sign-up dialog box was under Youtube video.

Response from Hygger

Thanks for the review!

Francesco D.

Absolutely the best solution for our company projects

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

I have used Hygger in my company for several months and it has helped us a lot in organizing the tasks. It's great to use it.

Pros

There are several reasons: it is very easy to use, you can easily use the scrum methodology, there are many pre-set templates and customer support is fantastic!

Cons

Honestly I do not have much to say about things that are not good, really! Perhaps the only thing that can be improved is the application for mobile devices.

Response from Hygger

Thank you, Francesco!

• Industry: Media Production

Very interesting Agile project management system

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

A very good agile kanban board and I like it using.
It is very simple and easy to use for most of the parts, but need some UI improvement and feels kind of heavy on my pc and mobile.

Pros

All feature is free, a very interesting and attractive feature. 100MB of internal storage and integration with all major platforms. This is a gem in my toolbox.
Well sign up is painless, just activate from my email and follow their wizard and My company is created.
I have some 2-month backlog from various projects to catch up and got this template to create a project and started working.
I am familiar with kanban board and this agile kanban board is very simple to master.

Cons

The UI is not accessible from my laptop screen as I use an old laptop, "Use template" option is hidden so low and not scrollable at all. I have to zoom out to see the button.

Response from Hygger

Hygger team will keep implementing Hygger to improve your experience in it.

Carlos M.

Easy to use and a great alternative for agile development

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Pros

I like Hygger because is really easy to use. Any kind of user can start using it immediately with a very short learning curve. You can find in Hygger the main characteristics for agile methodologies like kanban and scrum. You don't have a limit to create projects or dashboards so it fits perfect for small companies to the big ones.

Cons

A feature that Hygger doesn't have is some kind of reporter. As a project manager I required to extract some statistics about the total number of tasks asigned in a project, by status, how many tasks are asigned for team member, etc.
Also, I would like to have some kind of color theme customization. In addition to the options to configure each dashboard (swimlane, add columns, task label) and think that it would be great to have different color in each block of columns or by category (swimlane) for easy reading and team organization.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for sharing with us! Your feature requests were saved on Hygger Backlog. Feel free to share more features you would like to see in Hygger:)

María noel H.

Great tool for teams

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Pros

It's a great tool for all members of my team, as for me Hygger is vital to keep track with tasks, and de development of every work package.

Cons

It's easy to learn easy to use, allways on track

Response from Hygger

Thank you so much for the review from Hygger team!

Syris N.
  • Industry: Executive Office

For personal use, highly effective at curtailing task overload

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Pros

+ Tasks can be plotted by dragging and dropping onto a priority graph. Many popular techniques are included, such as the Eisenhower Matrix, Value vs. Effort, etc. After taking the time to plot my old personal tasks on it, I was able to confidently throw out about half of them as unimportant.
+ Rich features - allows for time tracking on top of prioritization, and most common techniques (like Kanban) are included. I'm definitely keeping this as my personal tracker for the foreseeable future.

Cons

- Lack of bulk actions is a fairly large negative. Sometimes I want to be able to view my current projects from multiple prioritization views, since one method doesn't capture everything (eg the Eisenhower Matrix doesn't track time to completion). The way tasks are linked right now requires individually going to each task, but since the functionality is already there, I can't imagine implementing bulk actions would be hard.
- When tasks are manually linked individually, there doesn't appear to be any option to have linked tasks auto-update. This would stand in the way of multiple priority graph view implementation.

Response from Hygger

Thank you so much for sharing with us!
We considered your review and added the option you had asked for - Bulk actions. Now it's possible to edit several tasks at once, and there is no need to open each of them to assign members, add labels, etc. Haven't tried yet?!
Please login and open the Table view of any board to see Batch Edit :)

Gabriel M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Perfect for my Medical School Class Officers

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

We are now able to collaborate even without meeting in person or over zoom. This is an amazing platform 😎

Pros

I love that even though we rarely see each other in person, we can all collaborate and work on projects jointly with this platform. It makes assigning tasks, keeping track of what’s been done, and future planning much easier for us.

Cons

I had to make sure to tell my coworkers to use the email I added to make an account before clicking my link but that’s just to say that there will be problems if they sign into a different account. Just have them sign out and sign in with the email you invited them on. Easy fix :)

Response from Hygger

Thank you so much for your warm words about the software. We are glad that Hygger helps you to collaborate with your remote team.
We will try to make it clear about the emails. However, even if they use the wrong one, there is an option to change the email in My Profile Settings. Also, please do not use the invitation link if you have already sent them the invitation to email to prevent duplicating the accounts.

Jean-jacques P.

Beautifull interface, easy to use

Reviewed on 13/05/2018

Win time to organise and share, very powerfull

(I already recommended hygger via twitter for people who are looking for a good Agile project SaaS)

Pros

Task's features are great, all features for agility project are there :)
Capability to copy, move or duplicate tasks in several pipes is easy to use.

Cons

A board of documents across tasks would be great : list of all documents : by board, by project, by collection

Response from Hygger

Thank you for recommending Hygger! It means a lot to our team :)

Michael S.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Plan the way YOU want

Reviewed on 06/10/2018

Actually really, really great, I've referred it to a few colleagues already.

Pros

The flexibility to use different planning models.

Cons

Some of the terms used don't align with what I thought they were, but that's just from not being use to the software.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for your honest review, Michael :)
It means a lot to the Hygger team!

Iris J.

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Pros

It has served it's purpose and improved our team's processes.

Cons

The design is not especially beautiful, but it works well.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for sharing how Hygger helps you! We highly appreciate it!

Dennis N.

We are using the kanban way of work on a project not so big.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Pros

I like the most the whole UI E
experience and the ease of work that's provided, fair mentions are the smooth color and animations.

Cons

I dont like the thing that all the tasks in one stage for example "done" are one below other and i can't collapse them or group them.

Response from Hygger

Now Hygger has swimlanes to group your tasks.
Please register your account to check it.

Parshy S.
  • Industry: Information Services

Hygger Review

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Very nice

Pros

Very simple software for project management, very user-friendly.

Cons

The help and knowledge base should be a part of every screen

Response from Hygger

Thank you for the review! We have considered your suggestion about the knowledge base or help center in Hygger. By clicking the question mark near the personal image icon, you will be able to open the help center from every page in Hygger and find the tutorial you need :)

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Nice

Reviewed on 03/09/2018

Pros

Easy way to see the necessary information

Cons

Nothing wrong with the application, all quite nice.

Response from Hygger

Glad to know that you like Hygger!
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need our assistance in the software!

József V.

Almost ready to be a Trello alternative.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Pros

Atlaz has a very ambitious development roadmap.
What I most like in it are the swimlanes. When the Zapier integration will be ready i will move in.

Cons

Atlaz is a quite new application so it is lack of some features like keyboard shortcuts and label displaying.

Response from Hygger

Time flies as fast as must-have features appear in Hygger :)
Now you may use keyboard shortcuts, and labels are displayed on cards. It's time to test it out.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for small businesses and start ups

Reviewed on 08/10/2018

Hygger helps organize our team projects and ideas. We've been able to create systems and consistently apply them. It has also helped with my own personal organization through grad school.

Pros

I liked having the different type of board options. My team liked using the Sprint especially when we had a project that needed to get done quickly.

Cons

I wasn't able to see the road map on the app on my phone. I used Hygger for planning out my master's capstone and I used the roadmap to figure out my timeline. Would have been nice to see the roadmap on my mobile device.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for the review! Hygger team has excellent news for you - we have updated the mobile apps, and now the Roadmap/Timeline board is available. Please install the app to check it ;)

Really like it overall but needs some tweaks to the usability to really make it nearly perfect

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Organizing our software development efforts.

Pros

Love Kanban lists, so I like how that is organized into the work flow and the notion of swim lanes is quite convenient.

Cons

You can delete old companies (from testing it out), the Roadmap section has some real usability issues that need to be worked out. The 5 free users is great, but when you go to 6 users, then you are charged for 6 users, not the 1 user. I get it, you need to make money, but that was a surprise.

Response from Hygger

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience with payment. We have changed our business model - now you may invite as many users as you need. You can use Hygger for free for the first 50 tasks after signing up. During that period you can fully explore all the capabilities and features of the platform.
Feel free to share more about the usability issues of Roadmap.

Brian H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Hygger for SAFe

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Trying to support an integrated multi-team management activity using the SAFe methodology.

Pros

The product worked great for setting up team backlogs and managing through the processes. Kanban views were easily configured for effective use.

Cons

I was unable to set up a PI planning board from a backlog of EPICS and then flow features easily to team backlogs for further breakdown, stories, etc. Could be doable it was unclear on how to do so.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for the review!
Feel free to contact Hygger Support Team so they can assist you with the Backlog management and PI Planning. They will be happy to help you.

Dan michael M.

Satisfied

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

We managed our daily tasks right and we became all involved in the project

Pros

Atlaz is easy to use, useful tools like kanban and sprints and notifications. Even our marketing team that has no experience in technical aspects learned atlaz easily.

Cons

For us startups, pricing is too expensive and no free accounts after the trial. We thought that after the free trial 5 users will still be free and the sixth will be paid but, it is not what we expected.

Response from Hygger

Thank you for your opinion. Hygger(ex Atlaz) has changed its pricing, and you might invite more than 6 users on the free plan. You can use Hygger for free for the first 50 tasks after signing up. During that period you can fully explore all the capabilities and features of the platform.

• Industry: Media Production

Agile project management.

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Hygger is one of my favourite agile project management. It is easy to understand and use. The UI is modern. They offer unlimited user for even free plans which is great for NGO's.

Pros

Every business needs project management and hyger is one of my best choices. It has everything, even a free plan offers everything without any limitation.
I mostly used to manage my agile development, which is a huge problem for me as I have to single-handedly manage the workes.
the backlog entry also available and a very useful feature. As I don't have all the time to update project regularly, backlog saves my day.
The todo and lists are really handy and with collaboration tool, I can divide all workes through my workers.
The desktop is simple and clean, reporting is very aggressive and have extensive options.
Registering to the site is very easy, and needed to activation via email.

Cons

I did not explore the whole options yet, it has so many options to explore. But after using project management software I did not get any cons for hygger.

Response from Hygger

Thank you so much for the review! Feel free to contact Hygger Support Team if you have any questions about the software.

Debjit B.

One of the best Kanban Board available to use.

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

To be honest, it is not a perfect solution for me, it may be for you. But I like a lot of things such as timeline and task lists. The timeline shows an overview of tasks and time spent on the projects, which is great. But the limitation is very confusing. It just says that 50 tasks, I have already completed 10. If it is per account then I think it is too low to do any kind of testing work.

Pros

I like things done timely and kanban board helps me a lot. I signup to only use kanban table for my project management. I am really impressed with the table template it just instantly solves all my problems.
In kanban table "do it later" table saved me a lot of unnecessary time which is effectively spent.
Time management and per task time is to consider work well.
Hygger does allow unlimited user which is really nice for a freelancer for me. 100mb storage is also really not that bad for images only.

Cons

I really don't like how the top menu is taking so much of screen and forced me to go fullscreen. They must eliminate this menu bar and give some more area to work with.
I found I can also use just 50 tasks. But I am not sure it is 50tasks/month or per account. There is some upcoming

Response from Hygger

Hi Debjit!
Thank you so much for your honest opinion. Our free plan is limited up to 50 tasks for a company account. It is enough to make a decision in most of the cases.
But you need more time and tasks, just drop us a message at [email protected], and we will find a solution.

Pankaj J.

Excellent for SMB with employees, OEMs, and shareholders

Reviewed on 19/01/2021

Very positive experience. If there is something we don't like or need a new feature I'm confident they would take care of it.

Pros

We tried Wrike, Asana, Trelly, and so many other tools and quite some time on these tools but finally settled on Hygger. Very clean interface. Concept of swim lanes is best utilized by Hygger and we use it routinely. Multiple boards tied to swim lanes make it easier for getting a top-view of the entire business. Assigning and removing members for a board is so easy. We also liked the concept of guest users (and Hygger does not charge for it) who can be assigned to separate boards to give them project status.

Cons

There are some small nits that I would love to have, and what is amazing is their customer support - they respond quickly and reply in detail and consider implementing feature requests. Being a startup we continuously discover needs for doing things in a different way, and Hygger has been very supportive.

Response from Hygger

Hi Pankaj! We highly appreciate you are sharing your experience with the app. We do our best to provide you high-quality support you deserve:)
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] to share about small nits that you would love to see in Hygger.