shopVOX

Web-based manufacturing solution for custom fabricators

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.6/5

shawn
shawn

This software has dramatically increased our profitability

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

Efficiency in production and sales has drastically improved, nothing gets missed when invoicing,

Pros

-how to videos and webinars are extremely helpfull
-customer service is bar none
-able to suggest new features (they actually implement suggestions!!)
- Import customer lists
-import catalogs from vendors
-able to easily track costs of material and labor
-you can have the shopvox team customize forms that suit your needs
-total shop awareness of all outstanding jobs
-job board automatically updates
-easially track any jobs progress
-our company has SEVERAL different processes (embroidery, sublimation,screen printing, digital print, sign making, UV printing, thermal printing, laser engraving) and shopvox is flexible enough to make a streamlined workflow for all of these very different processes.

Cons

-it can be very intimidating to start with all the different options
-can be expensive if you have a very large team that needs access to the program

Gary

Game Changer

Reviewed on 08/06/2020

Pros

So many things to like and big upgrades from our current software.
- Estimating is a great feature. Takes a good bit of work to setup initially, but the long term benefits will be totally worth the effort.
- Love the job board and the way jobs are tracked through each step of the process. Gives us the ability to see exactly where jobs are which results in fewer status update phone calls from our PMs. They can get the info they need in a few clicks.
- The analytics are great. We use Quickbooks and have never been able to look at this much info about the status of our shop. How many quotes are out there, how many have gone to production this week (or this month), how many quotes have converted to orders and much more. Makes my job easier when looking at sales.
- Just the fact that basically our whole shop is in one piece of software. Accounting, estimating, purchasing, production management in one browser window.

Cons

- Would like to see more options in the estimating area for custom signage. The ability to price signs with multiple pieces, such as "faceplate" and "backplate" will be huge for us. I think this is being developed.
- This is picky, but just some general UI tweaks would be nice. When you bring up the job page everything gets a bit squished and hard to read.

Response from TechVOX

Gary, thanks for the detailed review! We are so happy that you are benefiting from shopVOX's estimating feature, Quickbooks integration and many other features!

Tom
  • Industry: Printing

It's a good entry to cost based pricing

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

I think Shopvox has a place in the market. They are very good if you don't need the features they don't have and if you are not planning to grow substantially. If you do, unfortunately, they will not grow with you. I believe they are happy with the market they have and probably do not have the capacity to fix/add further features. 2-3 years ago, then they launched the pro version they put quite a bit of effort into it with the help site and many videos. None of that has been updated for the last two years. They used to have a youtube channel, but they stopped putting new content for 10 months or so, apart from one 2-minute video about some expo presence. It seems that their enthusiasm has died down a bit, they are just riding the wave until it lasts.

Pros

The estimating is pretty good, you can work out quite complex quotes. Setting them up is fairly easy if you know what you are doing, can be a bit daunting if you are new to this type of software.For the cost, I think it's great software, if you are happy with the features it offers, look no further.

Cons

There are many features missing or not well-developed. The development has kind of stopped. We have been using Shopvox for 2 years and nothing new has been added, and none of our requests has made any difference. A new version was beta-launched a few months ago (I think) we didn't opt-in as it did not have the features we need. No news since then, but from the demos I had the new version is just a bit of UI change. To be more concrete, here are some things we are missing or don't like.- Custom PDFs are very limited, some information which is in the system cannot be put on them.- Custom PDFs have to be created by Shopvox team at a cost of $150/document. Even if you want to move the date, make the font bigger etc, you will be charged that much. And weirdly a delivery note printed from a sales order or from an invoice counts as two, so $300 to make ANY change. Just bear that in mind- Multiple suppliers for the same material. The system cannot handle that at all.- Scheduling. There is none. When entering workflow you are required to enter Estimated time in days/hours/minutes. But that is for "printing" no size or area considered.There isn't even a sense of the scale of a job. A line on the job board could mean printing a single T-Shirt print or a 100ft hoarding. Both are just one line and no way to show the size on the jobs list.- VAT keeps changing to 0%, which we have lost quite a bit of money on. It's a bug, that has not been fixed.

Derek
  • Industry: Printing

ShopVox is a solid platform

Reviewed on 06/04/2020

Overall, ShopVox is a good platform that allows us a lot of workability from multiple access points and good customer service when there are any issues.

Pros

We like the flexibility, scaleability and the adaptability of the software to our specific needs without having to completely recreate a program from the ground up.

Cons

There are some functions that are a bit confusing and some inflexibilities, but minor. We'd like to see some more solid movement toward the calendar option as well as online storefronts.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the review Derek. We appreciate your feedback.

Ben
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Takes your business to the next level

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

I don't know how I could run this business without shopVox or something like it. Going from hand written work orders to this was a tremendous leap forward. Everyone at shopVOX will do what every it takes to get you started. And support is always fast and very knowledgeable.

Pros

It allows me to track every aspect of the business. It is so easy to look up anything on existing customers. Invoices, orders, status etc. Having everyone here on the same system makes it effortless to be in tune with what is going on.

Cons

The only problem I have with the software is I don't use it to it's fullest capabilities. Not being a real computer genius and not having the right person on staff to do it for me, everything is not set up to take advantage of the system. Like any software platform the information coming out is only as good as what you put into it. I have not be able to do put everything in to make this even better. One day I hope to change that.

Response from TechVOX

Appreciate your review Ben! Awesome that you take advantage of our awesome support team. We will continue to offer exceptional support to you!

Patrick
Patrick
  • Industry: Printing

Excellent sales, administration and project management 'sign shop' software

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Excellent administration tool for the sign shop.

Excellent administration tool for the sign shop.

Pros

Unlimited opportunities for growth. The best feature is keeps track of every step of the process for making the sign. As the sign industry is so diversified with so many types of signs, ShopVox has the ability to perform. It does it well. No interruptions. When need support, ShopVox is excellent to work with. Their Chat group is available anytime. It provides all our needs with Quoting, Designing, Manufacturing, Servicing, and Customer service.

Cons

With any new software, setting it up is a challenge. This is like setting up a database management program. It's a different thought process when we setup our products and services.

Jeff
Jeff
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great product!

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

My experience has been very good. I am not using everything the software is capable of, but what I do use is a huge timesaver. As my business grows, I will begin to use more of the shopVOX features.

Pros

I looked at several systems before deciding on shopVOX. The software does a great job and will take care of my business as I grow. What I like best is the customer service. I have never waited more than a few minutes to receive help. The help is there 24 hours a day. I also like that shopVOX works great for a small business with just a couple employees and will easily handle a very large business with hundreds of people. You will never have to change systems due to expansion and growing.

Cons

There is a small learning curve, but shopVOX is really great about having online help to show you how to manage the system.

Lindsay
Lindsay
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Excellent Job Tracking Software

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

Over all the experience has been great. It's excellent when it's all inclusive in quoting to pricing to proofing all the way to invoicing. The tracking makes it great to make sure customers are well taken care of.

Pros

From quoting all the way to invoicing. ShopVOX can easily be customized to fit your working environment. If there is a feature that isn't in there you can put in a ticket and request the developers to help build a solution for you.

Cons

Sometimes the servers tend to bug out from time to time in the middle of the day. I'm assuming it's right when they release a new update.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the review Lindsay! We are glad you appreciate shopVOX's customizability.

Paul
Paul
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

We are a ShopVox fan!

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Improved our customer and product data management , product tracking and management overview processes 100%. Without ShopVox, our future growth would be limited. We have over 140 orders (projects) underway at one time, and manual tracking was becoming impossible. ShopVox will allow us to double out size to $4M in sales in 3 or 4 years.

Pros

Provides end-to-end management from initial inquiries (sales leads) through product shipping, including quotes, sales orders, invoices, pricing, design, production,and shipping. Good analysis and dashboards for overview, also details on customers, design, and production processes. I have 6 of our managers (sales, design, production, finance) making inputs to ShopVox, no more sticky notes, Excel spreadsheets, etc. Integrates data bases and all processes. Very good training and implementation/configuration support, including 24 hour chat box.

Cons

Pricing models, while very comprehensive (we have very over 20 complex products each with up to 40 features that have to be priced) could be more flexible. Configuring ShopVox for our rather complex dimensional and carved sign & plaque manufacturing business is time-consuming; we opted for the one-week support option, and it was well worthwhile, within 2 weeks we were using ShopVox at nearly full capability.

Angelique
Angelique

Easy to work with

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Very smooth, easy to use. Very professional and courteous help you can email or use the chat and they will guide you thru either teaching you a new feature or helping to fix an error

Pros

It is constantly upgrading to stay up with the industry needs. If an upgrade makes thing less easy or conflicts with a function they will work with us to either change it or help us work with it.

Cons

I would like to see more Apparel catalogs in the options like adding S&S active to SanMar and Alpha

Colleen

shopVox is an excellent product which has had a big impact on how we run our business.

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

Pros

shopVox is a powerful, complete business management system. It really gives small business owners like me all the advantages of the management systems big businesses have access to. The comprehensiveness of the system is remarkable.
I think the organisation it imposes on a business would assist any small business improve its efficiency and productivity.
The business intelligence dashboards are excellent and give a daily snapshot of where the business is.
ShopVox gives us control over our processes and communication; this has been a real benefit in the day to day running of our business and has noticeably reduced stress. In fact we are now able to handle more work with less people and know where everything is and at what stage of production. This is something we struggled to do without ShopVox.
We have gone to an almost paperless workplace thanks to the facility of being able to display the job board both in the office and in the factory. No more missing pieces of paper!
It has been a surprise to us how much we like being in the cloud! I am able to go home and have dinner with the family and log into the system from home if I need to catch up on any matter.
Support via Chat is good.
shopVox is improving the program regularly and systematically so it is getting better all the time.

Cons

Along with comprehensiveness of the program comes a steep learning curve.
Unfortunately, the training material is not up to the standard it should be. In my opinion the current training material needs to be re written by a professional training-manual writer. And while videos are good at giving a snapshot of a process they are limited as a training tool as they are unsearchable.
There is no readily accessible Definitions Table of the terms used (that I know of). This is particularly important for users in other countries like I am as the meaning of some everyday terms in the USA can have a different meaning in other places.
Because of the poor training material some users may be put off by the necessary steep learning curve which would be a shame given the power of shopVox.

Poor Poor Service

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

Absolute poor service, that permeates from the top, I've tried to resolve an issue for 3 months now, and whilst our account was suspended, I'm told the only time they will not charge is if I cancel.Had a message from the [sensitive content hidden],who's response is if you don't like it, go elsewhere. I agreed and asked for my data, to which the request was ignored.Your business is at risk with this company.

Pros

Very basic costing system,not compatible with most systems

Cons

Poor customer service, with an inability to understand English.

Response from TechVOX

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience with our product. Our subscription terms state that monthly subscription rates will be billed every month ongoing and will cease once a customer cancels the account. We give our customers the ability to cancel at any time; there are no long-term contracts. And if any issues or problems occur with your subscription, we recommend contacting our billing team right away. After investigating the details of your experience, it was discovered that your account had several past-due invoices. After many attempts that our billing team made to settle the matter, there was still an unpaid balance that remained unresolved after several months. We apologize for any confusion that may have occurred throughout this process. We strive to provide excellent service and support for all our customers and avoid miscommunication.

ELI
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Shopvox as a complete solution for costing, quoting, work flow and invoicing

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Overall very good experience and has without doubt improved our overall efficiency, productivity and speed in so many areas.

Pros

Has all of the features that we had on our wish list plus a few more.
Pricing module well thought out and flexible
Very easy and quick to create complex quotes as well as keeping track of quotes for follow ups.
Keeps a good historical and detailed record including artwork proofs which makes running repeat jobs easy or when re-quoting.
The jobs board is a valuable planning tool to keep track of jobs in progress & deadlines therefore makes production planning easier.
Responsive support team.

Cons

Initial setting up is complex without someone locally who could understand our requirements and scope out the best way to set up the various modules.
Lack of ability to alter pdf output ourselves e.g. customising design, layout & elements required or not required in quotes, sales orders, job sheets.
Integration with Xero is ok but not perfect.
Reporting tools could be more flexible so that we can pull out relevant information.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review about shopVOX. We love knowing that you are benefiting from so many of the features it offers. We also appreciate the suggestions you offered. Thank you!

Elisha

Creative, Powerful CRM and Job Management System

Reviewed on 22/03/2019

We've spent over 20yrs trying to find the best software solution to fit our CRM and Job Management needs. We've been on a zillion platforms, and cannot match the powerful features ShopVox offers. Besides the fact ShopVox has done an incredible job with the visual Job Boards, Processes, and Proofing Systems -- they are extremely trustworthy. We know our information is safe. We know even if we're working at 3am and have questions there is 24/7 Chat support available to us for help. ShopVox Support is amazing! We never have to wait too long to get a question answered or issue resolved. We've been using ShopVox since Oct. 2015 and couldn't be happier. We're also excited to see what the future holds with ShopVox continual improvements.

Pros

The visual Job Thumbnails on the Job Board and Proofing System are hands down the best we've ever used.

Cons

Cost is a bit high for the additional features needed, but in comparison to other platforms in the normal range.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for reviewing shopVOX Elisha! We take pride in our customer support and we are so glad that you have taken advantage of it at all hours of the day! That's what we are here for! :) We are honored that after years of searching for the perfect job management platform that you have found shopVOX to be best suited for your needs. We look forward to serving for many years to come!

Roberta

ShopVox has made my job quoting so much easier and I feel much more confident with my quotes.

Reviewed on 18/08/2017

More confidence quoting jobs.

More confidence quoting jobs.

Pros

I struggled with estimates using my previous estimating software, but ShopVOX is so much easier to use. With this software I spend less time quoting job, leaving me more time for other tasks. There was a large database to begin with which I could fine tune to my needs. I love that I can access the software anywhere on any device. Customer support is outstanding and the company often updates the software, while listening to customer requests. It's also affordable and yet so powerful.

Cons

Though there is opportunity to customize many areas in this software, I wish we had the ability to customize the quote and invoice forms a little more.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Roberta - thank you so much for your review. Glad that quoting has become a lot easier for you.

Will you tell me a little more about the quote and invoices issue?

Our team can create custom PDFs to make your own branding - and if you're referring to the forms you have to fill out when creating a quote - you can customize those as well.

Let me know.

-Bryant from shopVOX

Easy to Use Software

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

Pros

The software is very user friendly and offers lots of tools to help you learn and get acquainted with its features and functionality. There is always a drop down in the top corner with guides and when those don't have the answers you need their team has an great help center that is more in depth, but if you still can't solve the problem or such they have an easy chat feature and they are quick to response there or when you e-mail the team.

Cons

We currently don't implement a lot of the jobs and tasks features in our daily use as we are a small office that is pretty up to date with what is currently on the go and the turnaround is so quick that sometimes we spend more time inputting the info into it than actually completing the job, so I don't have much to say about those, but I do use the search feature daily. Sometimes the search feature doesn't always help me find what I'm looking for - I would like to see users be able specify certain customers or time periods.

Also, as useful as the guides as, I dislike that they always have the little icon with a red notification at in the top right corner where your alerts and the guides are. I often see that circle and think there are alerts or chats I should be reviewing, but its actually nothing important.

Kirsty
  • Industry: Printing

Quotes getting lost in Cyber space

Reviewed on 22/10/2022

It can be a very difficult piece of software to navigate and the UI could do with some streamlining. Some things are very difficult to locate. However, for most things it works for us...which is why the quoting system (a huge part of why we use it) is so frustrating.

Pros

The ability to manage almost all aspects of our works from sales leads, quoting (sort of) proofing, production, work orders etc.

Cons

I am so frustrated with the assistance received from Shop Vox in regards to quotes not getting to customers - they are not even in SPAM. Both my husband and I have contacted them on several occasions due to quotes not being received by customers. We have done all of the things they instructed us to do, even engaging an IT professional to assist, yet we still have probably 6 - 7 customers a week not receiving their quotes. Shop Vox tend to absolve all responsibility of this, telling us to speak with domain and service provider all of which we have done. We use other software for other parts of our business all of which are always received by our customers. I think this is something Shop Vox needs to explore, especially since this is a major part of our business.We need some solid guidance/fixes for this.

Kathy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Shopvox in the screen printing arena

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

The small business that employs me does not currently take advantage of the full range of activities the shopVOX system can capture but as we grow the company, the system is always there with the solution for our needs. I think that shopVOX is so flexible that it will work as well for us when we are a huge player in the industry as it does for the small business that we are now.

Pros

I found it very transparent to the user and was able to learn a lot just by working with it (no teaching involved). If I ran into difficulties, the customer support was prompt and their directions were easy to follow.

Cons

I think that anything I don't like about it is related more to my ignorance than anything about the software!

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for your nice review Kathy. We appreciate knowing that shopVOX is easy to learn. That was one of our main goals when designing it. As you grow, make sure you do take advantage of more of shopVOX's features. They truly do save time as you have seen!

Christi
  • Industry: Printing

With all of the programs out there SHOPVOX has been the best for our company's needs for a...

Reviewed on 27/09/2017

Production wise our company is able to track all jobs

Production wise our company is able to track all jobs

Pros

My favorite feature with SHOPVOX is how user friendly it is, navigating is a simple task when you have a customer standing in front of you. Also on an accounting end SHOPVOX is very user friendly when searching for payments. On the production end SHOPVOX makes it very easy to keep track of ALL jobs whether they are in a QUOTE, SALES ORDER or if the job has been invoiced. Something that our department like as well is the roll up feature, it makes it simple for customers to read.

Cons

All in all I have nothing bad to say about the software. The communication with customer service is NOT good at all. You end up having to figure stuff out yourself, Especially when it comes to syncing

Response from TechVOX

Hi there Christi - we're very happy to hear that you like how user friendly shopVOX is.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a less than great experience with our support team.

I'd love to hear more about your issues.

Please shoot me an email - so that I can look into it.

Andreas
Andreas
  • Industry: Printing

Excellent software for a sign shop, helps control workflow and improve throughput

Reviewed on 30/01/2018

Improved workflow and throughput, reducing delays and delivery times, helping staff to plan their work, getting a more professional attitude towards the business, better customer service

Pros

Controls the process from quoting to invoicing. After setup for example the quoting process is very easy but also very powerful. We have improved throughput in our sign shop and reduced delays, thus improving customer service by a lot.
Customer service is excellent, quick and friendly response time for any question at any time. Great tutorials, instructions etc.
Easy overview of daily work tasks, no more thinking of what to do next. The staff appreciates the more organized way of doing daily business and if a person is off you can easily take up the work they have going. Would recommend this software for any sign shop that has 2 or more employees.

Cons

Setup demands time and effort to work efficiently but that's the case with all systems. Does not work well in Microsoft Edge but other browsers seem fine. Would like the possibility to search by name or text in the app instead of only sales order/invoice number.

Marion

Fantastic for smaller shops

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

I discovered them at a convention and was really skeptical of what they promised for such a small price. They gave me a decent free trial for me to try things out and I realized it was all for real. Creating powerful customized estimates was a major bonus as well as workflows with custom fields to enter in information important to our business. It's an extremely good value. What's more, their customer service is top notch and they are always improving the software. Any time I have had an issue they have either helped me fix it or have adjusted the software to allow me to do what I need to do.

Pros

The Estimating feature is HIGHLY customizable. I was able to program a lot of different price structures into it. Anyone with a basic understanding of programming can create extremely powerful price options

Cons

It shows it's sign shop roots a little bit and can be a little finicky for cut-sheet digital shops. They are constantly improving it so this is steadily getting beter

Response from TechVOX

Thanks Marion for the great review of shopVOX!

Leland
  • Industry: Printing

ShopVOX is an great tool for quoting, ordering, and production management.

Reviewed on 27/12/2022

My experience with ShopVOX has been very favorable. I am a consultant so I have the opportunity to see how different businesses operate, communicate, and execute. They all seem to have different ways of doing things but I have been successful at using ShopVOX to get them on a good track.

Pros

I really like that this system is based on product development and pricing instead of being based on the processes. It makes more sense to customers to use their language like signs, business cards, vehicle wraps, etc. instead of printing, cutting, and installing. Customers want the products and not training in how they are made.

Cons

I would like to have better documentation that is organized according to how the system is used.

Arman
  • Industry: Printing

Software with good features, but with a lot of issues

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

The entire soft is good to go, if it works. Good tech support, The rep teach how to start working, how to create flows and etc. Then comes the bad side of experience. After discovering bugs and issues, I show some of them to Aaron, he also see it in meeting. Then I tell them to schedule another meeting, to show other bugs and issues, and ask to cancel my account and do refund, and tell them that I will use their software if they fix these bugs and issues. And their co-Founder refuse to refund. At first he said that my described bugs are not issue. Then how to pay to employees. How can be it issue for you if we have 1000s customers. "About 4 ppl have spent time on your account so far including me/billing/Coach/Support". So just to know, I use trial period, then I paid for one month and one user, then I ask them to give discount for new users, because it will be just for testing. They give as 50% for the first month. I use only 3 days, after 3 days we find a lot of problems with performance and not working features. And he tell me about time they spent. Support answers with chat to my few questions, billing just cancel my account, and "me"..
This company instead of say thanks to finding issues, think only about their money.

Pros

Process customization. Ability to do a lot in one place, from sale leads to production, to customer.

Cons

Software speed, issues with user roles and notifications. Incomplete API, without any documentation.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the review Arman. We appreciate that you recognize many of the useful features of shopVOX. As with any new program it can take time to learn how to use it effectively and efficiently. Thanks for taking a few days to try it.

Tim
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Finally a Software that is truly built for Printing, Signage, Award and the Promotional...

Reviewed on 09/09/2017

Quick quoting
Production management
Usable reports

Quick quoting
Production management
Usable reports

Pros

Before ShopVOX, we had used three different platforms for our sales and shop operations. None of the three had worked seemelessly.

ShopVOX has enabled us to manage our workflow, track the sales activities that lead to new jobs, and also use solid costing on our quotes to ensure that we're pricing correctly and maintaining margin with sales.

The quoting process is quick and consistent. Pricing templates can handle all aspects of a simple or complex order.

Cons

To be expected you do have devote time into setting up the pricing structure for your individual shop. I blocked out six days to get everything set up.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Tim - thanks for your detailed review. We're very happy that you're a customer and I hope you'll get some value from our new E-Commerce features. As always - if there's anything I can do - just give me a shout.

Janet

ShopVox is great!!!

Reviewed on 24/02/2018

Job tracking

Job tracking

Pros

ShopVox has been a wonderful addition to our busy office. We use it to track production and accounting for our medium sized business. We love that it will work on the signs side of our business as well as the textile side. With one click you can see where any job is in the production process. It has allowed our team to stay on top of orders and not miss deadlines...and alerts us early on if there is an issue with a product or production. Their support staff is nothing short of incredible. There is a live chat feature and they are usually quite quick to respond and help...even after hours. If the person you get doesn't know the answer they will find someone that does. They are also constantly improving their product. If there is a feature that you feel needs to be added and you mention it to them they genuinely try to make it happen.

Cons

ShopVox was a little difficult to set up...but it has been very worth the effort that was required.