NordVPN

Stu K.
  • Industry: Animation

Very Handy Tool

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

Working in the animation industry, I often get projects that are region-specific. It really helps to have software which can spoof my location to be in the same area as the project so that things like search results and maps are accurate when doing screen-recorded work. On a personal level, I can't really comment on what it is like using with streaming platforms such as netflix or amazon prime, however, having moved from the UK to Canada and missing home, Channel 4's streaming service works when using Nord. I don't regret my purchase at all.

Pros

NordVPN is incredibly easy to use with its very user-friendly software. I love the feature of having a global map which I can select the required location. To date, I haven't encountered any issues when using the software or its features and can confirm it works exactly as advertised.

Cons

After using this software a few times a week with light use, I see no cons to the product. It works exactly as advertised.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

I managed to find a fantastic deal for NordVPN that I just couldn't turn down
Luis G.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great VPN for Privacy and Safety

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

Overall, Nord VPN is very easy to use and a very trustworthy VPN for safety. I trust Nord to keep me safe when making online transactions and browsing foreign websites. I highly recommend Nord VPN for Browser safety.

Pros

I enjoy using Nord VPN to protect my company when browsing on foreign sites and when contacting unknown sellers. A VPN keeps me safe and offers various privacy options.

Cons

I have very few complaints on this software, the main one being the loss to the servers at times.

Norton Secure VPN

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

I decided that the most well known and well reviewed product was Nord, so I decided to trust the reviews and I have not been disappointed with this yet!
Demirdis S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Best and Cheapest VPN

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Pros

I have been using NordVPN since 2017. I am an International Student in the UK. For my literature review, I often need to access foreign universities e-library and many of them have IP protection overseas. After using trials of some other VPN services, I have decided to use NordVPN. I think NordVPN is best and cheapest VPN provider. It is very easy to use and allows me to access the web anonymously and securely. The application works great on my Mac and android phone. Also, I used the application on Windows 10, It was working great, too. I have travelled a lot for my research and some countries where online-based calling and chat apps are banned, NordVPN unblocks those apps and allows me to securely pretend to be in a different country. In addition, my university provides some data analysis software, they also IP protected and I am using NordVPN to access those Softwares​ while I am out of the UK.​ NordVPN has a large server network in 60 different countries but I generally use a few European countries server and overall these speeds are amazing. Moreover, NordVPN is strongly secure apps with no leaks, it has Internet Kill Switch option which blocks all internet connection if the VPN connection does not work. I have not needed but NordVPN offers 24/7 live chat support, I like chat support rather than calling customer service.

Cons

The Kill Switch feature does not really work on my mac but I have not had ​any problem on my other devices. Some NordVPN servers are a bit slow but they provided many other options so just need​ to change the server.

Dewey B.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

My Favorite VPN of All Time

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Pros

There are a ton of VPN services out there, but NordVPN is by far my favorite. Their servers are usually very fast, and they have dedicated servers for streaming, P2P, etc. There are also applications for almost every platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), so one subscription will cover all of your devices. NordVPN overall is much more polished and enjoyable to use than most VPN services I've used.

Cons

Although their servers are typically very fast, occasionally they will get bogged down and slow to a crawl (although you can always switch to a different one). I've also had the application crash a few times on my laptop, but there is a chance that was a hardware issue on my end. Finally- bring back the free trial! I have many friends that would love to try out NordVPN, but do not want to immediately pay for a month of service.

CyberGhost VPN
Maaz K.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

NordVPN

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Using NordVPN gives you a sense of security and allows you to access a lot of censored websites with ease

Pros

NordVPN is an excellent VPN client that helps you surf the web with an IP address other than yours, thus keeping you anonymous and securing your identity. It offers a lot more anonymity that usual free proxy servers and cover your tracks efficiently. Its kill switch provides extra level of protection to secure your identity. It is available on all computer and smartphone platforms and can connect upto six devices at the same time. It also allows you to access censored websites which is very useful in countries with extreme censorship. It has thousands of servers in tens of countries and works relatively very fast.

Cons

The license fee is a bit high which needs to be lowered especially for the low period subscriptions. Also some streaming sites have blocked many of its ip addresses.

Nathaniel C.

The BEST fast and easy VPN

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Support has been great, the only issue I had was with a stuck payment and price change, which they sorted and matched to the original pricing offer. No other general problems other than that.

Pros

The setup and ease of use on this VPN is amazing. I was previously a user, many moons ago, ha! They have stepped up tremendously since the days of old, so much that even my children and elder people know the importance of a VPN and how to use this software.

Cons

Should have more in the way of advanced tutorials to help les literate people learn more about their online security and how to set up for optimum results. Other than that, it's the perfect quick, easy and affordable VPN.

FortiClient and CyberGhost VPN

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

More features and ease of use for the cost than both of the above.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Excellent protection for you internet activities.

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

NordVPN is one of the best VPN service providers for me due to its fast unlimited transfer speeds and extensive global servers. It gets the job done and leaves you with no worries about your online activities.

Pros

What’s impressive about NordVPN is that it has a vast array of global servers. We’re talking about 100 different locations around the world. I am very much assured of its strong performance. And on top of that, it is very affordable and easy to use. Compatibility is also not an issue as it works perfectly across all devices, including Apple devices, Android devices, and even PCs. It does a great job in hiding your online activity from potential malicious hacks and threats.

Cons

I experienced occasional disconnection, which can be annoying, but other than that, it is a fantastic app.

Saaed md I.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

NordVPN is already fantastic but need more development for perfection!

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

overall the software is good but needs more development in ip & internet speed

Pros

Choice of choosing between many servers. Moreover, the interface is easy to use & can be used in the computer with the same license.

Cons

sometimes the ip does not work & it makes the internet slow

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

It is affordable & has great offers.
Damilola M.

Nord Vpn

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Pros

My friend introduce Nord VPN to me and started using Nord Vpn has at 2017 and it has never disappointed me ever since, I used their 7-day free trial which was nice, I had to upgrade to paid version. Nord Vpn is cheap compare to the service they render, their monthly subscription is really affordable for me. Nord Vpn customer service reply to messages almost immediately because there was a time I had issue with payment their customer service service rectified on time.

Cons

Nord Vpn speed compare to some other top vpn in the market is undoubtedly slower and their 75% coupon is only for 3-year plans not everyone can subscribe to the 3-year plan that kind of offer is suppose to be extended to lower plans.

Richard S.
  • Industry: Human Resources

NordVPN - My VPN of choice

Reviewed on 19/06/2021

In a crowded space, NordVPN is my VPN of choice. It offers excellent coverage and I can use it across all of my machines. The real value is when you can pick it up when they are running one of their special deals.

Pros

NordVPN is my personal VPN service of choice. I use it on all three of my devices – Mac, iPhone and iPad - to keep myself safe when browsing the web from home, using public hotspots or at the airport. The number of servers they have around the world means that I can always find one close by so latency isn’t an issue. I can also easily log into a server back home in my home country and keep up to date with the local news.
They run pricing promotions regularly, which makes the platform great value.

Cons

NordVPN did suffer a data breach a few years ago but I believe they are working hard to make sure that something similar won't happen again in the future.

• Industry: Animation

Nord vpn is most safe and secure vpn program for us

Reviewed on 28/02/2021

We have been using nord vpn for more than 6 month, it was the most trusted vpn program for us. one of the best thing about using nord is that it never disconnects and also the speed of browsing never slows that's the best part. apart from that extension issues the program provided by the vpn for desktop is really incredible. it works for us.

Pros

the best features of using nord vpn is that it provides various software for various devices, like nord vpn for pc, for mobile, for browser extention also, it also provides large amount of servers in almost 75% of countries and even larger countries are having multiple servers, the speed of vpn is amazing than any other vpn program.

Cons

the cons of using nord is that , it's microsoft edge browser extention doesn't work properly ( recently discovered while using ) it doesn't provide specific server selection, like in single country if we have multiple server then they should provide a feature to select a specific server in particular country, so that feature is missing. apart from that everything works like a charm.

Sean D.

Great VPN for all around use

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

I use this both at my business and personally. In both instances, it is a great tool that gets the job done and makes browsing the web as well as working on the web much more secure and private. If for any reason you are seeking out a VPN service look no further as this is one of the best services for your money on the market.

Pros

Multiple machines can log in to one account
Very easy to use and get started with
Makes your connection much more secure
Great for both businesses and individuals looking for a more private web experience
Intuitive user interface that anyone can use with no previous knowledge of VPNs
Great value for the money

Cons

Every now and again you may disconnect from a network and as a fail safe, you will lose internet connectivity as opposed to your IP becoming exposed. While I appreciate this fail-safe it still does get to be a nuisance sometimes if you are streaming video or in a conference call

Shiva M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

NordVPN review

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

I am an user of nordvpn since last couple if years I travelled recently abroad and nordvpn was very helpful for me, I had more than 13hrs layover in Shanghai China and I didn’t get social media access with Airport internet. Using NordVPN it was easy connecting with family and friends. Highly recommended!!

Pros

NordVPN is very affordable vpn services for all devices. Using NordVPN You can suffer internet anonymously and hide your identity from the scammers and hackers. They have thousands of servers all around the world. No log policy and multiple simultaneous connection is a big plus. It’s comparatively fast and secure. I am very happy with their support recently.

Cons

-Frequently disconnects,
-Not the same speed everywhere when traveling abroad

Mir fida N.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Best value for money to get various features of a VPN

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

For a budget limited startup, small business or self employment it is a superb option to consider for VPN needs. Its multi platform access and unblocking video streaming makes it useful for personal usage as well.Security and privacy are up to standard to use for transferring and/or receiving confidential and private data over NordVPN. Overall it fulfill small business requirements efficiently and effectively as well as personal needs.

Pros

First thing is the affordable price with a easy to use and configure for small to medium level usage. It provides a suitable speed for accessing various sites and web apps along with secure connection. Data privacy over the NordVPN is becoming better.Specially using kill switch feature that prevents the private data from leaking out of the secure Data tunnel of NordVPN in the case that secure connection fails to establish unexpectedly.

Cons

First of all its connection speed could be increased as compared to competitors.Other improvement would be to have Split Tunneling feature support which is much required now-a-days for data security.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

Because it was cheaper and I only needed basic functionalities of VPN. I was fit in my budget and useful for my work related tasks. The other alternative is good for various features and a bit better in speed.
Phillip M.
  • Industry: Sports

The OG of VPN's

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

Nord offers great security functions, good speeds and an adequate way to maintain ones privacy

Pros

Nord offered me a great free trial period to make sure I liked its features. Not every company does this and I was impressed enough to use it regularly.

Cons

There always are drawbacks of VPNs and Nords would be the slow connection servers. This was an issue purely on my business device and I have not experienced said problem elsewhere.

Muneer P.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The one of the best vpn

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Overall it's the best vpn out there for its price with high security standards.

Pros

It's such a good vpn I ever used because of its network speeds and high security and a lot of servers around the world.it has great price offers, which is awesome!.

Cons

The thing that I least like about is its app which is a bit slow and sometimes it slows the internet.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

Because of its price offers and a lot of ads were promoting it, so it was meant to be good.
Mohamed I.
  • Industry: Media Production

NordVPN Review

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

Pros

Access to the servers of more than 62 countries and more than 4,200 servers or servers from 62 countries.

The ability to broadcast or stream via this service.

Display videos from YouTube, Netflix and others at high speed.

The presence of add-ons for Chrome and Firefox browsers, which makes connection and disconnection very easy with one click.

The ability to connect 6 devices with one subscription, which is one of the very important features.

The possibility of obtaining a fixed IP, and this allows you to access networks that require a fixed IP.

Cons

Subscription plans are limited

If you want to use it with Netflix, sometimes your connection is detected, but it is better than others

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

NordVPN allows you to browse safely and securely on the internet!

Reviewed on 02/02/2019

Pros

The best feature about NordVPN definitely has to be the security and safety that they put out for their customers. In this day and age, it would be dumb to not have a VPN just for security, as you don't want your info on the internet. And, with NordVPN, it makes it extremely easy to implement one, as all you have to do is click run on the software, and you're automatically connected to a VPN, making it extremely fast and simple!

Cons

When on a company network at times, NordVPN would sometimes not connect to the internet, causing the computer to lose internet for a few minutes. However, after restarting the WiFi on the computer, or NordVPN, it would work flawlessly, allowing me to browse the internet securely!

• Industry: Insurance

Great For Secure Browsing

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

NordVPN is a trust-worthy network provider that is worth the cost. It is secure and a great option for any company that handles secure files and confidential communication.

Pros

NordVPN is a simple, smooth-running software that makes our network secure and our employees confident to handle our customers' files and claims with ease. It does not negatively interfere with other system functions and is dependable.

Cons

I have no complaints about NordVPN. Certain applications can run a little slower from time to time, but that is not abnormal or unique to NordVPN.

Karina G.

Great protection across several devices

Reviewed on 25/08/2019

Great!

Pros

I actually use NordVPN for my personal use. I do a lot of video streaming and online shopping, so I use Nord to protect me online. I also have it connected to my iPhone. I am always online via my phone or my laptop. I had no idea what a VPN was until I was introduced NordVPN. I feel safe when my VPN is active. I also use it on my firestick when I am streaming.

Cons

I do not have any cons. At one point NordVPN was not available on some devices, like my firestick. But it is now available and I use it daily.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Allows for secure web usage

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

NordVPN is by far the best VPN software that I have used. The UI is simple but intuitive, allowing users of any skill level to easily navigate and use it.

Pros

NordVPN is extremely easy to use. There are a large variety of servers to which one can connect so it works great regardless of where you are located. The speeds are excellent too. I couldn't tell a difference in my network speeds after turning on the VPN so I was able to browse securely without slowing down the loading speeds of any web pages. Also allows the user to easily connect to a foreign server if necessary to disguise web traffic.

Cons

I haven't run into any significant cons in my usage with this program. It works exactly as expected and is quick. The program hasn't crashed or had any issues running or anything that would make me consider not using it anymore.

Partha P.

NordVPN Review

Reviewed on 12/09/2020

Nord VPN ticks all of my requirements i.e. speed, security and privacy. There are some letdowns but overall I would recommend it to everyone for both business and personal use.

Pros

Top notch data security. It is based out of a country where the Government does not have any internet surveillance. So, our data logs are not retained. The best feature is that there is the option of a double VPN layer. There are more than 5000 servers worldwide to choose from and it is not that expensive.

Cons

Since I am based out of India, some servers did not work. For example Server 1 was not able to open blocked sites. Whereas Server 2 was able to open the same. The same issue occurs in Torrenting.

Jack D.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great Paid VPN

Reviewed on 02/09/2019

Smooth and simple!

Pros

NordVPN was easy to setup and easy to use. I only needed basic VPN services, but was skeptical of free VPNs so opted for NordVPN and was very happy with it.

Cons

Occasionally had trouble connecting to specific servers. But they have so many servers that there is always another option available.

TunnelBear

I was skeptical of Tunnelbear's free VPN service
  • Industry: Libraries
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent value VPN

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Overall, I would recommend using NordVPN. It's an excellent value VPN service for all types of users.

Pros

NordVPN is the best value VPN I've used. It's quite easy to use even for beginners. There is a lot of choice available to you when connecting to a server. Speeds are good, haven't really experienced a prolonged slow down yet. It's easy to see why it's a popular VPN service!

Cons

Once in a while, you get really slow speeds. Obviously this depends on time of day usage. Also, you might need to try out different servers to attain acceptable speeds. They also should have been more transparent to their customers when their data was hacked.

Adarsh R.

The best VPN choice

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Pros

NordVPN has a great interface, awesome support across multiple devices, and doesn't have the same service restrictions that a lot of other services have. It's also insanely affordable, especially for the added security it provides. Also I get the fastest speeds when using this product.

Cons

During peak hours or times when there are a lot of users, some of the servers closer to my location become difficult to connect to. But I can easily choose another server, so it's not really a big deal.