NordVPN

Kudakwashe
Kudakwashe

Digital world and privacy

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

With AES-256 level encryption you can be granted a peace of mind a sense your secure connection away from hackers and government agency's.

Pros

When comes to privacy they is a lot of VPN clients that will promise you the world in terms of encryption and data security. Its not easy to choose which one is the best vpn client but NordVPN is one of the top clients one can choose due to the fact that its much cheaper than most software on the market compared against to the features it comes with. What i really love the most its support of online media streaming services and you can easy also configure it on most mobile devices running iOS and Android but the no brainer when choosing NordVPN will be the ability to have at least 6 simultaneous connection hence increasing the speed drastically.

Cons

NordVPN offers better discounts when you signup to a long term like for example 75% discount when you sin up for 3 years in advance, this can be bit tricky to some people because they wont want to commit to such a long period since the digital world is constantly changing. A vpn client that might be working today might end up not useful tomorrow.

ExpressVPN

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

Its offers the top security and cheaper monthly prices than for example ExpressVPN which is the equal rival
Hendrik

Easy to use and adaptive VPN

Reviewed on 19/10/2023

Great tool especially for the pricing it comes at. A lot of discounts are given so sometimes waiting for the right moment is really beneficial.

Pros

It’s easy to use cross-platform and to setup. We are using this tool from both a security perspective as well as from a network testing perspective. It just works whenever you need it.

Cons

Sometimes when the connection is less stable the tool really doesn’t work at all. Which has a logical side to VPN’s in general but more information or notification would make this more clear.

CyberGhost VPN

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

Both price and ease of use made us choose NordVPN
JORGE
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

NordVPN is a great VPN option

Reviewed on 02/02/2024

Pros

NordVPN is very realiable and has many servers around the world to ensure connectivity.

Cons

Unfortunately, NordVPN is having challenges to provide its service in KSA due to new restrictions.

JayAnne

Cancellation of Service

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

AWFUL. Please look at the CON description.

AWFUL. Please look at the CON description.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use once installed.

Cons

I had a very specific issue with Nord VPN. We purchased the NordVPN + NordPass and were required to pay 1 year upfront which we did in January 2023. Then in August 2023, I tried to login and it said our subscription ended. I thought that was odd since we paid for 12 months. I contacted customer service. They explained that they had suspended my account (without notice) and will terminate it completely. I asked why that was the case. They responded with a canned statement saying that their automated tools have suspected "web scraping or other activities" that violate their software agreement. Not a tech person here, so I have no idea what that means and became immediately concerned that my account had been breached. I asked them to investigate if the account had in fact been breached and if someone else had my account credentials or suspicious logins through Nord. They responded that they will not refund and the account is suspended indefinitely. Then I asked about the investigation to find out if there was an actual breach and they did not want to investigate. I do not feel security or customer service is top on their priority. I suggest a different VPN service that has a little more transparency.

Stephen
  • Industry: Banking

Does what it is meant to

Reviewed on 27/10/2023

Pros

Really good software. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to keep safe

Cons

I cannot fault nord VPN as it does what it is meant to!

Yash
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Versatile And Private Reliable NETWORK

Reviewed on 19/06/2023

I tried to test some security features which it used to lack but helped to check the security of the site.

Pros

It provides strong security by providing encrypted protocols and provides to work on larger networks, UI is good too, and has some good features.

Cons

Sometimes connection speed gets low and fails to connect to a server, customer support was not good and I feel the price is high and the free feature works badly on mobile devices.

ExpressVPN

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

To test the accuracy of this platform then switched to ExpressVPN
Doug
  • Industry: Research

NordVPN - easy VPN use

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

Pros

The user interface is very easy to use and connects rapidly.

Cons

Wish it had a memory of my top VPN picks easily available.

Mickey

Decent VPN that doesn't stand out compared to its peers.

Reviewed on 22/12/2023

Pros

NordVPN is a great VPN service that delivers exactly what it advertises. The service is stable and reliable.

Cons

NordVPN does not offer more than its direct competitors and therefore does not stand out.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Extra Security

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

Pros

We used NordVPN at work for that extra security on our computers. We feel at ease knowing we have that protection.

Cons

I haven't used it long enough to notice any cons. It's pretty self explanatory.

Lloyd
  • Industry: Entertainment

Solid VPN but would appreciate more location options

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

Pros

Solid VPN. Never drops out and has a good connection speed

Cons

I would like a wider variety of locations to choose from. I live in Guernsey for example, and I would like a Guernsey based VPN location

Dwayne

NordVPN Best VPN on the market

Reviewed on 01/03/2022

My network and computers are protected from hackers. This is important to me because of the nature of the content I have on my company PC's. It is the best VPN that I have had and I will continue to use NordVPN.

Pros

It was easy to connect and use. Once I got it connected, I remained on the network until I was finished. Other VPN's I have tried, kicked me off the network while I was working. Then I had to go through the entire process again of selecting the country of the server I wanted to connect which takes 5 - 7 minutes that I don't have to do three or four times per day. NordVPN connects and stays connected the entire time I used it.

Cons

The feature I liked the least was signing in online versus through the app. Seems like it takes longer to sign in on the web versus just using the app to sign directly into my account.

Claire
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Security while traveling

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

In general, good. As I mentioned above, I do have to pay attention to make sure it's activated but other than that, it adds a feeling of privacy and security that I really appreciate.

Pros

I started using NORD VPN while traveling a year or two ago when I realized that most hotel WIFI is not secure. I didn't want anyone accessing my financial or business information so I researched various options and decided on NORD. As far as I can tell, it works just fine. I do have to pay attention and make sure it's up and running. I also have it on my phone but rarely use WIFI on my phone outside of my house. When I do, I use the NORDVPN for security.

Cons

Not sure what causes it to "fall off" and not connect me through a secure network unless I tell it to. I'm not very tech savvy and it could be that all VPNs work this way. Today I realized I needed to update the app, reinstall and then I could once again turn it on. Since I haven't been traveling during the pandemic I'm been a little less concerned about using a VPN.

Christopher

NordVPN now you see me now you don't

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

I am very satisfied with NordVPN they have not let me down thus far. Also if something should happen to my money or identity Nord is on my case with lawyers and cash!

Pros

I like the fact that anytime I need to deal with money. I can switch on nordVPN and no one knows where in the world I am really doing business. It takes a lot of stress and worry off my mind. I have enough to worry about doing the job It feel good not to worry about the benefits of completing it. Also its nice to watch TV programs and Listen to music from a region we don't normally get hahaha!

Cons

I have to admit when you have nordVPN on the internet can be very very slow at times. So just be patient and think to yourself would I rather be safe and the job take 5 extra mins or would I like to gamble with my identity and the well being of my finance your lively hood!

Walter
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

One of the better VPN products but not the best

Reviewed on 12/12/2020

Even though we have a relatively fast internet service (200Mbps), our internet access and usage speeds were substantially affected while using the VPN services. Technicians from our internet provider recommended that the Nord VPN service be disconnected unless really needed. However, when using other VPN providers we found that our internet speed was affected to a lesser degree than when we were using Nord VPN.

Pros

Very comprehensive product with a very extensive number of servers around the world to offer a very effective array of options. Great number of features available if needed.

Cons

Considering the options available for VPN services, Nord VPN is quite expensive and the use of the services can be somewhat daunting. Our experience was that regardless of which server in the multiple countries available, the service affected our internet speed quite substantially.

Parth
Parth
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Surf web securely With Nord VPN

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

1. We are using this software to access the data of clients present in other countries like us and the UK.
2. increase in internet speed allow the employee to finish the task in no time.

Pros

1. Works on every platform that is it is supported by ios, android as well as laptops and computers too.
2. An interactive interface as well as a secured platform, attracts users.
3. Way too many country options are being provided each of them with high-speed server connectivity.
4. Privacy is not compromised at any cost and a constant speed is being provided to the end-user.
5. Active customer care service is there too.

Cons

1. It's an expensive VPN software as compared to others available in the market.
2. Sometimes instability in the network is observed by users.
3. Constant updates irritate the user too.

Oğuz

BEST VPN

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

To summarize it's a great VPN program. Prices of it are very cheap and affordable. Even if your country blocked vpn providers NordVPN gives you a freedom with special IP's for restricted countries. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

First of all NordVPN has a lot of servers from all over the world. It has different types of servers like P2P, Obfuscated and Double VPN. I think the best feature of is double vpn because it's even more secure when you connect over two different countries.

Cons

Every time you close the app it sign outs automatically and you have to re-login every time when you enter the program. And it takes time. I think it should be fixed.

Dandre
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Steaming and Downloading - Good VPN

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

Normal VPN. I cant say there is anything else that makes Nord VPN stand out from the rest except for seeing their adds where ever you go.

Pros

I like that I am able to download content from the internet and be sure that our the ISP's in my country would use that or my browsing history in their marketing data.
My IP address is save and am able to steam any service and be able to use almost any website that is restricted in my 3 world country

Cons

Low to now service, It was almost impossible to speak to another human. I was directed to email or a live bot the entire time. I had difficulty to connect to a different server and wanted to know why but was not able to get that info out of a bot.

ExpressVPN and ProtonVPN

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

My tunnel bear trial expired and Nord VPN was better rated.

TunnelBear

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

From research it was apparently the fastest and had the most uptime
Jenn
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

My Review for NordVPN Software

Reviewed on 20/02/2021

My overall experience with NordVPN has been a pleasant one. The software does what it supposed to do which is mask your personal IP address.

Pros

First of all, the initial set-up of the software was extremely easy. Some software can take awhile to download but NordVPN was quickly download on my computer. Once, I started using the software some of the things that were a plus was the choices of locations, the ability to pause the service for 5-20 mins, and the software is very easy to navigate.

Cons

There are times when you choose a specific location, that it takes up to a minute to connect. Usually, it only takes about 15 seconds to connect to your location so that's something that should be improved.

Fred

Simple, Effective & Private

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

My experience with NORD extends over several years. This software provides my business the ability to perform online purchases and sensitive financial transactions with little concern of compromise

Pros

This software has about everything a legitimate user could ask for:

1) Optimized Connections = Super Fast Internet Speed, not like other VPN's that will turtle-step you thru your online activity
2) Automatic Connection to the server/country/region you choose
3) Automatic Internet Cut-off if you lose the secure connection
4) An enhanced Cyber Security feature for online security
5) Options for routing thru multiple servers for enhanced obfuscation
6) You can hide your IP on a LAN, making your system invisible (careful this will shut down wireless printing as your system will not be recognized by the printer)
7) Tons of locations/countries/servers to choose from
8) A Panama based company outside the direct control of the US despite it being a territory of the US so records and harder to get.
9) Their servers only operate on RAM meaning there is no information of your online activity being stored.
10) Support is quick to respond when needed
10) Best Value on the market
11) Designate/Customize your own DNS
12) AND for those in Restricted locations- Yes NORD will get you thru on Obfuscated Servers

I have used other VPN's including (never recommend) free ones. NordVPN has the simplest VPN Software Dashboard (GUI) to use, requiring little to no expertise at all. Their Manual is small and well composed; made for people without much knowledge of VPN's. As a background service it requires little resources on the CPU and its overall speed is unmatched.

Cons

As I am a legitimate user, I have little complaints about this software. It is plainly used to provide more secure connections for banking, email & online purchasing.

Brett
Brett

The Only VPN You Will Ever Need for Both Personal & Business Usage

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

Nord VPN was implemented within our band several years ago after we almost had a serious security data breach that could have leaked all of our passwords, music marketing/production methods, and other personal data regarding our album release plans, merchandise ordering spreadsheets, and booking contacts. With how much personal information we constantly are sifting through and updating, we knew we needed an effective VPN to protect our data as we continue to get bigger, play more shows, and sell more merchandise all across the country.

Pros

We personally love using Nord VPN's internet and website security features to ensure the websites we conduct our marketing, production, and uploading campaigns on are secure and trustworthy enough to receive our login credentials and personal band information. Without Nord VPN we wouldn't know which sites to properly utilize alongside which could be a potential scam risk for our personal data.

Cons

There really aren't any cons to using Nord VPN aside from the price sometimes being a little much for just one device at a time. It would be amazing to see Nord start offering bundle or multiple device option plans so we could get each of our phones, ipods, desktops, and laptops covered under the same Nord VPN plan to hopefully save a few bucks in the long-run.

• Industry: Media Production

A great VPN choice

Reviewed on 13/02/2022

Pros

NordVPN is very easy to set up and use, once installed it's as easy as an on and off switch.

The interface gives Nord a very unique look for a VPN.

Cons

The chrome extension was something we used the most but there have been many bugs lately where it would not think it was already running or it would sign us out at random times.

The connection of the VPN can be slower than normal at times.

Karel
Karel

Safe and Secure and Seamless

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

I'm proud to remember to have a VPN running when I'm on a public wifi network. The pricing is great and so is its ease of use so I am happy to renew my annual subscription when the time comes. By the way, this product is excellent for frequent flyers since the company has servers all over the world and your connection is always secured on airport wifi.

Pros

NordVPN makes it very easy to connect to the Internet securely. The quick connect button makes the choice for you to enjoy the quickest encrypted connection. The Internet kill switch is a great feature to ensure that your traffic is always encrypted and not suddenly unsecured when a vpn connection drops out. The pricing is great. The availability on many phone and computer OSes is great. It's all very much great.

Cons

It takes a little while for the app and desktop client to load, but that's just a matter of patience. The company claims that there is a strict no logs policy. I haven't researched if that claim has been validated by a third-party entity or if the users are just supposed to believe that. Many people have recommended this VPN product and I am still very much in support of this product, but the validity of the strict no logs policy is interesting to me and not worrisome. The most annoying thing is when I'm trying to access a website (especially Amazon) and I'm unsuccessful in connecting to it because the website won't allow me to browse anonymously since it recognizes that the internet traffic coming in stems from a VPN server. Maybe it's just a matter of trying another server that the website doesn't have on its blacklist.

Chelsea
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Easy to use, fairly priced, and does exactly what I need

Reviewed on 21/03/2022

Pros

I've looked into and tried several VPN programs. I want a VPN to ensure my security when browsing or downloading. I compared the pricing for the value with several other companies and this one worked out to be the best and most comprehensive deal. The pricing is definitely fair for what you're getting. It's extremely easy to use, which is a huge plus. Whenever I turn my computer on, NordVPN pops up automatically, I sign in with my saved credentials, hit the "quick connect" button and never have to think about it again (until I restart the computer again). I run my business from my computer so having good protection is essential. The fact that it was so easy to set up, and something I can turn on and off in just a few seconds without anything complicated about the process, is really important to me as a user. And a bonus, you can protect multiple computers and mobile devices under just one plan, so both my and my husband's computers and phones are protected at all times. 100% would recommend!

Cons

I wouldn't change anything about the product. It does everything I need.

Margaret Ramsden
Margaret Ramsden
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Secured servers with fast connectivity followed by excellent customer support.

Reviewed on 23/12/2018

NordVPN in our office let us access to those clients and distributors where our restriction is limited. Orr in other cases when we have to secure ourselves from hackers or malwares, Nord plays an important role. Even it also let us access to those websites where the restriction have been limited in order to extract necessary information from those websites.

Pros

NordVPN has enormous lists of servers for almost all the regions of every state. One can favorite their specified servers and easily uses them whenever or wherever we want to. Their double vpn service and dedicated Ip's can also be bought which infact are the major productive benefits of using Nord. Nord is also compatible with almost all the devices and gadgets. It works efficiently for windows, mac or mobile gadgets.
Their pricing features are also very convenient and doesn't cost much and suits to several demands and usage.

Cons

Some of the websites tracks the location through GPS service which easily split the beans and reveals the original location and Nord can't do anything about it.
Even also, while working few of my favorite servers also got losts from the servers list, so it affects my work severely.

Divyang
Divyang

New Approach to New World

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

We are new to use NordVPN and shifted from other VPN, but we like this way better than previous one. Consider it if you want to expand you SEO and Digital Marketing field.

Pros

Forget all basic features, all the VPN now has those features like speed and keeping you anonymous on the web. NordVPN, on the other hand, brings new feature of DOUBLE TUNNELING. It is basically like applying vpn over vpn to keep to relatively more secure, preventing any of you DNS or IP information to get to public.
Price is also a plus point to this VPN. According to security it claims to provide, you get best in this price.
Multiple device access maintenance is great and very simple to configure.
Provides wide variety of server range to select for your analytical work. We recently started to use NordVPN as SEO and Digital Marketing are going really smooth with this tool and fortunately we can use same account on multiple devices saving extra as a bonus.

Cons

Some servers tend to go offline or you get disconnected frequently. Can be due to maintenance, but only for uncommon server and not servers like their flagship servers. They work flawlessly.
It messes up the web pages if you disconnect the ongoing downloads or any realtime meeting stuffs, but that is to be expected.