Vervoe

See who can do the job before they get the job.

4.5 /5 (65 reviews) Write a Review!

Alex L.

Overall a great product but...

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Poor customer service, but great product (excluding the bugs)

Pros

The product features and the customisability functions

Cons

Customer service. It takes them days to reply and their technical support team is non-existent. A known critical bug was reported and their team was unable to fix it for more than 7 days and counting. The bug prevented users from changing their company slug/subdomain "example.vervoe.com" which prevents me from being able to create jobs due to the fact that once you change the slug/subdomain, the jobs will be invalidated.

Response from Vervoe

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry our team was not able to meet your expectations. Our customer success team is known for their fast response times and they made sure to address your concerns on several occasions. Although the issue with the company slug did take some time to fix (it proved to be a more difficult bug to resolve), this did not prevent any employer from creating jobs. It only prevented the change of the the name originally chosen at sign up for the URL (subdomain). The bug of course has since been resolved and we hope you were able to update successfully. Our team is always ready and willing to help you if anything comes up.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

It was easy to set up a new job post. There was ample attention on design quality....

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

It is the right price for a professional quality experience for recruiting and hiring.

Pros

The automated screening process and the existing library of customizable templates was great. It helped me get set up very quickly. I liked the addition of video interviews in our custom template. The template emails were almost good as is; I wanted to make changes, but I didn't need to change anything because they were very well done.

Cons

I was not able to post the job in multiple cities. We have a distributed team so we're not in just one city. I want to be able to tag multiple cities without reposting the job ad. Also, some users had challenges with timed questions and with the videos being uploaded properly. Despite these hiccups, we were able to get a sense of the best candidates before we got to the one on one interview phase.

Adam A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Vervoe has really streamlined my hiring process

Reviewed on 15/08/2018

Great support. Good ideas re hiring to be inclusive (blog articles) rather than the traditional approach to eliminate applicants.

Pros

Once set-up the way I want it, Vervoe has really streamlined our hiring process. I spend time on good candidates, politely decline poor candidates and do most of it automatically. Took me a bit to "get it" but their support stuck with me and now I get it and it works great.

Cons

I would like to delete applicants. They have been adding features rapidly so I imagine this will be coming soon.

Bryan M.

Allows us to automate much of our account rep onboarding process

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Pros

We're able to automate the first few phases of the interview process using video, which we've never considered before. It's been working out so far. Also the premade assessments have come in handy.

Cons

Some of the functionality is hard to pick up. Not sure how to do certain things. Also, while not too much of a 'con', I do wish there were some Zapier actions that could be done.

Response from Vervoe

Thanks so much for the great feedback Bryan! If you ever need clarification on any of the features, let us know. Our Customer Success team is always ready to help. Our product team is also reviewing our Zapier integration and hope to have some actions added there soon. =)

This has really helped me screen and streamline our HR processes

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

Super easy software that allows us to easily recruit new employees and contractors. I've started to build out advertising opportunities in it to prepare for our future growth and it's been great.

Cons

It has a small learning curve at first. They have a lot of great resources to help but the initial set up took a little longer but was easy to learn.

Adi S.

Love the software, use it for hiring all the time

Reviewed on 25/03/2018

Saves a lot of time!

Pros

The ability to share automated interview links. All I need to do is set up the interview process/questions and JDs and share the link across my social channels and groups. I get applications and interview results right in my inbox. Saves so much time!

Cons

I wish they offered free submissions to popular job portals. They do offer this for some of them, but it's a bit confusing. I've not played around with that section a lot though.

Leonardo W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Your New Hiring Agent

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Pros

We hire some contractors from time to time, or people to join our team. As an internet company, we like to automate as much as possible all the tasks.

Vervoe helped us to streamline the hiring process (which is very tiring) and increased the end goal, by finding more qualified prospects who meet our criteria.

Vervoe provides a lot of tests that will make sure the applicant is capable to execute the tasks we need. Now imagine that you can multiple this and keep organized? That is Vervoe!

Cons

I can't say, the app does everything we need.

Nigel A.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

I Love everything about this SaaS. the UI is superb and easy progression of the interviews...

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Streamlined interview processing of potential outsourced staff make this whole process a breeze! When interviewing for a position on my staff, I have to outsource to many countries throughout the world. Differing time zones and languages can make this very time consuming, anything that can make this less stressful and lower my time spent, win my vote every time.

Pros

It is graphically attractive with features that continue to enhance the usability.

In short it not only feels great but it looks bloody awesome,

I find that it's biggest feature is the simplistic approach they have taken to control the information within the app.

Drag and Drop the potential candidates as they progress up the chain makes the whole process both smooth and effortless.

Response from Vervoe

Appreciate the feedback, Nigel!

Mary gladys D.

Convenient for employers looking for potential candidates

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Saves us a lot of time. Convenient to use

Pros

The automatic sending of email once a candidate is progressed to the next stage is very convenient. And we can customize the email to our liking

Cons

we seldom get complaints from candidates who are in the middle of answering questions. For some reason, the app crashes and their responses are not recorded and they have to go through it over again

Response from Vervoe

Hi Mary! We really appreciate your feedback. In regards to the app crashing for candidates, we haven't really heard this from the candidates. Keep in mind that if they have slow internet connection or if their computers crash during a timed video response for example, they may not be able to submit an answer. Allowing more time to answer usually solves this.

Gemma D.

Very straightforward and clear - hiring made easy

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Pros

I like how uncluttered the software is, and how easy to use it is. It's simple to navigate around and easy to train others on.

Cons

The only potential con I had was that I could not load the website on internet explorer and had to use google chrome.

Thijs P.
  • Industry: Banking

Great product

Reviewed on 08/06/2020

Vervoe allowed me to assess my incoming candidates with a personalised online test which is scored automatically

Pros

Allows you to set up detailed interview assessments

Cons

there were no cons for this product......

Justin A.

Vervoe Makes Recruiting Much Less Difficult

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Pros

I love the UI/UX for this platform. It's ease of use and great aesthetic make a pleasure to work with. It's layout and functionality are pretty intuitive, which is a great thing for software that is supposed to make your life easier, which Vervoe definitely does.

Cons

Since, I am a newer user, I can't really say that I actively dislike anything about the platform, although it would be nice if they had an SSO feature so I could log in with one set of credentials.

Response from Vervoe

Thanks Justin -- glad Vervoe's making life easier.

Great hiring and recruiting tool to evaluate prospects through an automated plan of interviews.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

The UI and UX - plus the pre-built templates allow for a clean way for SMB's to evaluate prospects internally.

Pros

Definitely the pre-built templates that are contributed by other users. The quizzes, and the interview pre-questions are excellent for automating and filtering out candidates before scheduling an actual interview with them.

Cons

The integration limitations with other softwares and job sites. While it has many job site integrations, it doesn't seem to have the ones that most of us need.

John H.

Great product, in fact this is shaking up an industry and long over due I say.

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

Pros

This tool has increased the chances of me recruiting good staff 10 x (admittedly I was pretty poor at it and I have a degree in Psychology).

Cons

Software still a little clunky, job posting could be a bit sweeter. I have not tried the video requests but I understand these work well.

Angus B.

Smooth - fast hiring

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Pros

Ask candidates to send you video answers to questions.
Canned surveys that test candidates skills
Easy to create custom work flows.

Cons

doesn't work on mobile (yet)
it's a little bit pricey for 1 or 2 jobs
Nothing else, its great! Buy now.

Lance R.

Great platform easy to use.

Reviewed on 18/12/2016

I wrote a few interview scripts and it's an incredibly powerful platform for hiring the right people.

All nice and clean, could use some more features though. The Landing Page really keeps its...

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Easy to set up interviews that are easy to use for applicants of all kinds, whether its HR, IT or Marketing.

Pros

Usability and design are great. Vervoe really wins when it comes to simplicity. There could be some more hints on how to navigate though.

Cons

Too little features. No customizations regarding the language possible, Landing Pages for Applicants could really be prettier (e.g. the logo in the header AND in the footer aren't real eyecandy).

Response from Vervoe

Thanks for your feedback! Although Vervoe's core language is English, you can customize the assessments and emails sent to candidates in any language. We are working on allowing even more customization.

Kerushan G.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Next-gen recruitment

Reviewed on 04/08/2018

We use Vervoe as a means to automatically filter out candidates who do not align to our value system. It's a clever way to ensure we spend time with those candidates who are most likely to thrive in our environment.

Pros

It's a very easy and almost obvious way of improving the recruitment process. We can very effectively and efficiently get to know candidates before we make significant time investments in the recruitment process. This is particularly helpful in a start-up environment where resources are spread thin.

Cons

The actual interface is sometimes a bit slow to respond and the software can be a bit buggy. A number of applicants complained that the software didn't work as it should have.

Firas S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Very flexible assessment, weak applicant tracking

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Pros

Creating assessments is very flexible as it supports multiple assessment formats and types (Video, text, multiple choice, etc...)

Cons

Managing and filtering the applicants is exteremely challenging and not usable, a lot of work should be done on that front.

Decent for applicants

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

I'd recommend it to people- its a great way to ensure consistency in your interview process.

Pros

I really enjoy that this is a great product to help speed the recruitment process up. It really helps with interview equity, as all applicants have a chance to answer the questions in their own way, on their own time.

Cons

I would like more than 4 options to be on the beginning plan. It doesnt work well with scaling organizations who are money conscious

Katerina I.

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

The experience we have with Vervoe has always been great. The usage of it is easy to navigate, which as a Hiring Manager I find that very critical, but also the Vervoe Team has always been there for any issue we may have had or any questions. Having the ability to send any concerns we may have and have a quick response is critical also, and thank you for that.

Pros

Ease of use: keeping track of candidates status for each application

Cons

It was hard to find our notes & comment when we left for candidates after we rejected them - we were guiding with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Vervoe (thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!) but I guess some tips & hints shared on the Vervoe page might be helpful.

Dan S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Our entire recruiting process has been revolutionized!

Reviewed on 26/02/2018

Pros

After starting the initial setup, it quickly became apparent just how customizable the Vervoe platform is. Being able to define each step of the way for our employment application process, meant we could personalize the prospective candidate experience based on the needs of our business. I genuinely liked most the ability to vet potential candidates in volume using a series of automated steps to efficiently screen for top-tier talent. With over 750 employment applications received in just under three weeks, our team saved immeasurable time compared to our former manual process.

Cons

As with any solution online, the more efficient one becomes with the platform, the more opinionated they can be on how to improve it. In my personal experience, Vervoe has been very receptive to my feedback and has gone so far as to check in with me later to let me know when updates have been rolled out. Any time I've needed help, their support team has been consistently excellent to lean on.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best talent we've acquired has been thanks to Vervoe & the handy, powerful tools it...

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Pros

All the tools are powerful & easy to access. We can produce reports for fellow hiring managers very quickly & the quality of candidates coming in has increased dramatically.

Cons

Initially, we were concerned Vervoe might not meet the needs we have of real world tests & tasks. However, we began learning our users loved the platform. We began incorporating Vervoe more & now it's integral to our hiring process; we're very pleased.

Eric S.

A simple, quick, but very effective tool for screening potential new hires.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Greater reliabilty with the applicant resume submission and review process, that save time while tracking the various stages in the hiring process .

Pros

The ability to build out you own screening scripts and stages as well as the over all process flow makes this tool a must have for company managers. The software is well designed.

The abilty to use scripts from others is a great way to get ideas for pre-screening candidates and the fact the e-mail notifications are automatically sent helps make internal reviews quick and easy and keeps the candidate informed throughout the process.

Cons

The system needs a way to delete applicants. I ran a few test subjects through the system and now they are now stuck in the system. It looks like this feature request is coming in the future so hopefully this problem will be solved soon. I would also like to see this tool tied into Monster or have a better job posting syndication without needing to signup multiple places.

Abrian L.

A very good solution for my business needs.

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

It has made the process of interviewing applicants a lot easier.

Pros

Ease of Access
Professional Look
Custom Creation of Interview Process
Allows You to Extract and Score Key Information from Applicants
Available Relevant Templates

Cons

There are small areas that could use more customization and the templates could be organized in terms of industry or job position, but overall I am happy with the software.

Response from Vervoe

Thanks so much for your feedback Abrian! We are glad that Vervoe has made the process of hiring easier for you.