Vervoe

See who can do the job before they get the job.

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.6/5

• Used for 6-12 months

It was easy to set up a new job post. There was ample attention on design quality. Professiona...

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

It is the right price for a professional quality experience for recruiting and hiring.

Pros

The automated screening process and the existing library of customizable templates was great. It helped me get set up very quickly. I liked the addition of video interviews in our custom template. The template emails were almost good as is; I wanted to make changes, but I didn't need to change anything because they were very well done.

Cons

I was not able to post the job in multiple cities. We have a distributed team so we're not in just one city. I want to be able to tag multiple cities without reposting the job ad. Also, some users had challenges with timed questions and with the videos being uploaded properly. Despite these hiccups, we were able to get a sense of the best candidates before we got to the one on one interview phase.

Adam A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Vervoe has really streamlined my hiring process

Reviewed on 15/08/2018

Great support. Good ideas re hiring to be inclusive (blog articles) rather than the traditional approach to eliminate applicants.

Pros

Once set-up the way I want it, Vervoe has really streamlined our hiring process. I spend time on good candidates, politely decline poor candidates and do most of it automatically. Took me a bit to "get it" but their support stuck with me and now I get it and it works great.

Cons

I would like to delete applicants. They have been adding features rapidly so I imagine this will be coming soon.

Alex L.

Overall a great product but...

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Poor customer service, but great product (excluding the bugs)

Pros

The product features and the customisability functions

Cons

Customer service. It takes them days to reply and their technical support team is non-existent. A known critical bug was reported and their team was unable to fix it for more than 7 days and counting. The bug prevented users from changing their company slug/subdomain "example.vervoe.com" which prevents me from being able to create jobs due to the fact that once you change the slug/subdomain, the jobs will be invalidated.

Response from Vervoe

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry our team was not able to meet your expectations. Our customer success team is known for their fast response times and they made sure to address your concerns on several occasions. Although the issue with the company slug did take some time to fix (it proved to be a more difficult bug to resolve), this did not prevent any employer from creating jobs. It only prevented the change of the the name originally chosen at sign up for the URL (subdomain). The bug of course has since been resolved and we hope you were able to update successfully. Our team is always ready and willing to help you if anything comes up.

Bryan M.

Allows us to automate much of our account rep onboarding process

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Pros

We're able to automate the first few phases of the interview process using video, which we've never considered before. It's been working out so far. Also the premade assessments have come in handy.

Cons

Some of the functionality is hard to pick up. Not sure how to do certain things. Also, while not too much of a 'con', I do wish there were some Zapier actions that could be done.

Response from Vervoe

Thanks so much for the great feedback Bryan! If you ever need clarification on any of the features, let us know. Our Customer Success team is always ready to help. Our product team is also reviewing our Zapier integration and hope to have some actions added there soon. =)

This has really helped me screen and streamline our HR processes

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

Super easy software that allows us to easily recruit new employees and contractors. I've started to build out advertising opportunities in it to prepare for our future growth and it's been great.

Cons

It has a small learning curve at first. They have a lot of great resources to help but the initial set up took a little longer but was easy to learn.

Adi S.

Love the software, use it for hiring all the time

Reviewed on 25/03/2018

Saves a lot of time!

Pros

The ability to share automated interview links. All I need to do is set up the interview process/questions and JDs and share the link across my social channels and groups. I get applications and interview results right in my inbox. Saves so much time!

Cons

I wish they offered free submissions to popular job portals. They do offer this for some of them, but it's a bit confusing. I've not played around with that section a lot though.

Leonardo W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Your New Hiring Agent

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Pros

We hire some contractors from time to time, or people to join our team. As an internet company, we like to automate as much as possible all the tasks.

Vervoe helped us to streamline the hiring process (which is very tiring) and increased the end goal, by finding more qualified prospects who meet our criteria.

Vervoe provides a lot of tests that will make sure the applicant is capable to execute the tasks we need. Now imagine that you can multiple this and keep organized? That is Vervoe!

Cons

I can't say, the app does everything we need.

Nigel A.
  • Used for 1-5 months

I Love everything about this SaaS. the UI is superb and easy progression of the interviews...

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Streamlined interview processing of potential outsourced staff make this whole process a breeze! When interviewing for a position on my staff, I have to outsource to many countries throughout the world. Differing time zones and languages can make this very time consuming, anything that can make this less stressful and lower my time spent, win my vote every time.

Pros

It is graphically attractive with features that continue to enhance the usability.

In short it not only feels great but it looks bloody awesome,

I find that it's biggest feature is the simplistic approach they have taken to control the information within the app.

Drag and Drop the potential candidates as they progress up the chain makes the whole process both smooth and effortless.

Response from Vervoe

Appreciate the feedback, Nigel!

Mary gladys D.

Convenient for employers looking for potential candidates

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Saves us a lot of time. Convenient to use

Pros

The automatic sending of email once a candidate is progressed to the next stage is very convenient. And we can customize the email to our liking

Cons

we seldom get complaints from candidates who are in the middle of answering questions. For some reason, the app crashes and their responses are not recorded and they have to go through it over again

Response from Vervoe

Hi Mary! We really appreciate your feedback. In regards to the app crashing for candidates, we haven't really heard this from the candidates. Keep in mind that if they have slow internet connection or if their computers crash during a timed video response for example, they may not be able to submit an answer. Allowing more time to answer usually solves this.

Gemma D.

Very straightforward and clear - hiring made easy

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Pros

I like how uncluttered the software is, and how easy to use it is. It's simple to navigate around and easy to train others on.

Cons

The only potential con I had was that I could not load the website on internet explorer and had to use google chrome.

Thijs P.
  • Industry: Banking

Great product

Reviewed on 08/06/2020

Vervoe allowed me to assess my incoming candidates with a personalised online test which is scored automatically

Pros

Allows you to set up detailed interview assessments

Cons

there were no cons for this product......

Justin A.

Vervoe Makes Recruiting Much Less Difficult

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Pros

I love the UI/UX for this platform. It's ease of use and great aesthetic make a pleasure to work with. It's layout and functionality are pretty intuitive, which is a great thing for software that is supposed to make your life easier, which Vervoe definitely does.

Cons

Since, I am a newer user, I can't really say that I actively dislike anything about the platform, although it would be nice if they had an SSO feature so I could log in with one set of credentials.

Response from Vervoe

Thanks Justin -- glad Vervoe's making life easier.

Great hiring and recruiting tool to evaluate prospects through an automated plan of interviews.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

The UI and UX - plus the pre-built templates allow for a clean way for SMB's to evaluate prospects internally.

Pros

Definitely the pre-built templates that are contributed by other users. The quizzes, and the interview pre-questions are excellent for automating and filtering out candidates before scheduling an actual interview with them.

Cons

The integration limitations with other softwares and job sites. While it has many job site integrations, it doesn't seem to have the ones that most of us need.

John H.

Great product, in fact this is shaking up an industry and long over due I say.

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

Pros

This tool has increased the chances of me recruiting good staff 10 x (admittedly I was pretty poor at it and I have a degree in Psychology).

Cons

Software still a little clunky, job posting could be a bit sweeter. I have not tried the video requests but I understand these work well.

Angus B.

Smooth - fast hiring

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Pros

Ask candidates to send you video answers to questions.
Canned surveys that test candidates skills
Easy to create custom work flows.

Cons

doesn't work on mobile (yet)
it's a little bit pricey for 1 or 2 jobs
Nothing else, its great! Buy now.

Lance R.

Great platform easy to use.

Reviewed on 18/12/2016

I wrote a few interview scripts and it's an incredibly powerful platform for hiring the right people.

All nice and clean, could use some more features though. The Landing Page really keeps its...

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Easy to set up interviews that are easy to use for applicants of all kinds, whether its HR, IT or Marketing.

Pros

Usability and design are great. Vervoe really wins when it comes to simplicity. There could be some more hints on how to navigate though.

Cons

Too little features. No customizations regarding the language possible, Landing Pages for Applicants could really be prettier (e.g. the logo in the header AND in the footer aren't real eyecandy).

Response from Vervoe

Thanks for your feedback! Although Vervoe's core language is English, you can customize the assessments and emails sent to candidates in any language. We are working on allowing even more customization.

Constantine F.

Vervoe has revolutionised our business. Superb!

Reviewed on 24/03/2018

Pros

The way is has simply scaled our ability to recognise, review and select top talent. Previously we used a number of "semi-ritualised" ways to hire. Processes that we generally ran through Process Street or other software: Evernote lists of questions, Excel spreadsheets to question and grade applicants. Obviously good old fashioned face to face interviews that absorbed weeks of time of the most senior people in the business.

Vervoe has completely streamlined the entire process.

Every step in the otherwise gruesome interview process is streamlined and semi-automated. From interview questions / scripts from top sources aorund the world, to grading of talent, to saving time, to automated reviews and communications with talent, all the way to structuring completely unique "interview journeys" for different jobs and staff.

Furthermore, the interface is really well designed. Web interface and Kanban/Trello-style movement of talent through the interview and recruitment journey.

MOSTLY - the quality of candidates we've hired (three thorugh the system) is fantastic - and we recognise that there were certain biases and errors we've overcome through using Vervoe - we are getting exacltly the type of talent we want. Removing "people problems" - that's the biggest advantage.

Cons

There's only very small things I don't like - minor features that I personally would change, but nothing that would stop me from highly recommending Vervoe.

Little things like:
It would be good to have your colleagues gradings hidden (to remove potential bias)
When re-ordering interview questions, it can be a little cumbersome.
If you are already part way into a job and you wish to change the order or edit elements, it can't be done (it's locked in once the first applicant beigns the interview process).
Nothing much else. Really excited about the development roadmap - I've contact the team at Vervoe and they've shared some really cool features.

Iulian P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Recommended for SMEs

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

We use it specifically for early-talent & entry-level positions, mostly for corporate support function. Serves our basic interviewing needs, but the main pipeline is administered via the ATS (we use Vervoe as an extension).

Pros

The software is very easy to deploy, user experience is smooth, easy to create assessments from scratch/from the library, candidate communication is automatised

Cons

Inflexible in some regards (particularisation of the assessments, no mobile app), AI learns as you go (don’t expect first grading to be perfect), might not perform in volume hiring as well as competition

HireVue, Spark Hire, Willo and Sonru

Reasons for Switching to Vervoe

Better price-quality ratio, included some features that were important to us at a much sensible price. The mix of AI grading with manual review option was also appealing.
Sandi U.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Game Changer!

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

Our overall experience with Verove has been great! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provides the best support in teaching us the platform, giving us advice and help with building assessments. We really appreciate that Vervoe is a relatively new company that is open to the feedback and the "wish list" of customers like us. Our wish lists are taken seriously and if possible come to fruition in no time!

Pros

The intention of Vervoe software to remove the bias that occurs in the recruitment process is a highlight for me. The ability to send out hundreds of assessments at a time with a simple CSV upload is a game changer! Our hiring managers have the opportunity to help us build out an assessment that gives them a glimpse into candidates skills and abilities which produces a predictability of success score. Grouping the questions into specific skillsets also gives the hiring manager a way to break tied scores that they see at a glance. For example, If you have 10 candidates who have the same overall predictive score and can only interview three of them, we can get more specific and determine who scored highest in the number one skill we are looking for. If the skill "sales" is weighted higher than the skills "technical" the hiring can quickly see the top three sales scores and proceed with calling them in for an interview.

Cons

It would be great if Vervoe could integrate with our ATS.

The next update I'd like to see is customizable default email templates that go out with the assessment.

David H.

Vervoe has really helped us streamline our hiring process.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Pros

Vervoe has really helped us cut back on wasted interview time. One of the biggest challenges our business faces is on boarding new people. We have set up our virtual interviews so that we can weed out people who are not serious about their position here. It has enabled us to find out if the applicant can follow simple instructions on a technical platform and see if they are actually going to follow through to complete the interview. I personally have wasted countless hours on calls with people who are talkers and not doers. I can honestly say Vervoe has a ready made solution to vet those people out of our process. They also have a very large database of assessments and interview questions that are being pooled by the community. On top of this they have been extremely accessible during our implementation of the tool. Great company!

Cons

The audio on the video has cut out on a couple of interviews and I don't know if that is hard ware issue on the user side or if that was a Vervoe issue. I have been happy with Vervoe all around!

Daniel S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

I've become a Vervoe evangelist

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Pros

I'd been looking for several years for a low cost, intelligent, online, capability testing platform that I could customise to address the specifics needs of our roles. When presented with Vervoe it was immediately apparent that it was the platform I'd been looking for. It addressed all of the selection criteria I'd established for this technology application and was extremely easy to implement.

I can be a very hard judge on technology....it's 2020 after all...and I've not been disappointed in the slightest with Vervoe. It's been a hit with hiring managers, we've had great feedback from candidates, it's delivered a productivity gain for my team, I'm confident in the ROI I'll be able to demonstrate to my finance and executive team and my People & Culture team are thrilled with its contribution to our goals for diversity and inclusion.

Cons

I find Vervoe is quite intuitive and user friendly so I don't have anything particularly critical to describe. As far as I'm aware it's a fairly new platform so there's room for improvement but that's an exciting part of being a customer at the moment - the feedback I share is being considered as the platform evolves and new features are added.

Dylan D.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

The Future of Interviewing

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Has been an absolute time-saver! Especially with having to shift to a Working From Home model for all of our Recruitment, Vervoe has allowed for us to increase productivity and form our own Talent Pool.
Allowing the candidates to complete the interviews in their own time, in their own space with optional video means that we are able to see who the Candidates are BEYOND their resumes, and that's most important.

Pros

Customisability of all interview questions. Easy to use software. AI scoring is very accurate once it has time to get used to the marking style. Integrated automatic emails as candidates move through the stages

Cons

When you 'reject' candidates they disappear. No integration with the systems we currently use. No tracking to see communications with candidates.

Gregg F.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good Software

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

Pros

I enjoy the way in which you can keep track of applicants throught Vervoe. How you can move applicants to different sections if they have completed the assessments etc. I also really enjoy the AI that generates scores.

Cons

It can at times be a bit of a challenge to scroll down through lots of applications.

Hannah S.

Vervoe has been a lifesaver for our team.

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Vervoe simplifies the hiring process by allowing us to visualize progress every step of the way. We can avoid unnecessary back and forth emails that result in lost time and embarrassing mistakes. Using the grading system helps us objectively measure candidates so we can make sure we're only hiring the best.

Pros

Vervoe's platform is super intuitive and easy to use. I love the candidate profile cards, which stores data on test scores, comments, and resumes.

Cons

It would be great if Vervoe could connect directly with Indeed. (Although I believe this is a ding on Indeed not integrating with 3rd party platforms rather than a ding on Vervoe.)