Paycor

4.4 (2,775)
All-in-on HR solution built to modernize people management

(2,775)
4.2/5
4.2/5
4.3/5
4.3/5

Lillian
Lillian

Paycor has considerably improved HR productivity

Reviewed on 06/03/2023

Since implementing Paycor, our HR department's output has grown dramatically. Previously, we had to manually enter employees' time on paper timesheets. Now, they can just use the Paycor mobile app to clock their hours, and those hours will be imported into Paygrid.

Pros

Paycor is used on a regular basis at our company for timekeeping purposes, both through a mobile app and a web site. In addition, we process paid time off requests through the Time Accrual system, which also handles our Benefits Administration platform and Scheduling platform needs.

Cons

There is a lot that can be enhanced about the Time Accrual system. It is important that employees can easily keep track of their vacation time and that the method used to determine their balance is clear.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Paycor! We are thrilled to hear that our platform has considerably improved HR productivity at your company, particularly in regards to timekeeping, benefits administration, and scheduling. We appreciate your feedback about the Time Accrual system and will take that into consideration as we continue to make improvements. Our customer support team is dedicated to providing excellent service and we are always looking for ways to innovate and enhance our software. Thank you for choosing Paycor as your HR solution!

Beth

Apex Paycor Survey

Reviewed on 27/12/2023

Pros

Payroll Summaries for balancing bi-weekly payroll

Cons

Customer Service and (lack of) responsive, timely support.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive comment about the payroll summaries. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our customer service and support, and we are continuously working to improve in this area.

Nicholas

Paycor Overview

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

I would recommend the product to any business.

I would recommend the product to any business.

Pros

Ease of use. Simplicity sells and being user friendly makes it easy to help understand and train fellow co-workers.

Cons

Every time I go into Paycor I need to login. Which means security is high but it takes an extra step to access my information.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate your recommendation and are glad to hear that you find Paycor easy to use and user-friendly, despite the extra step of logging in for added security.

Michelle
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Paycor Is Sub-Par

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

Overall well, not a bad service. Could use some improvements.

Overall well, not a bad service. Could use some improvements.

Pros

Easily functions, easy for users to navigate

Cons

Too many unnecessary features taking up space

Response from Paycor

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments on the functionality and user-friendliness of our platform, and we understand your concerns about unnecessary features. We are constantly working to improve our service based on customer feedback.

Cortney
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Love the Company and the Product

Reviewed on 18/01/2024

Exceptional. The staff I've worked with has all been so kind and supportive. The product is wonderful!

Pros

Paycor is a great company that cares about its customers and their businesses. They support our company by buying our products for their events and their product works great to support our business needs

Cons

Some aspects are DIY that would be nice to have a little more hands on help with - setting up new states, setting up a new employees taxes, etc.

Paycom, Paylocity and isolved

Cost and lack of support from dedicated HR BP

ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

A genuine care for our mission and cause and price

Response from Paycor

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about Paycor. We are glad to hear that you love our company and product, and that our support team has been kind and supportive. We appreciate your suggestion for more hands-on help with certain aspects, and we will take that into consideration for future improvements. We are also pleased that our genuine care for your mission and cause, as well as our competitive pricing, were factors in your decision to switch from ADP TotalSource. Thank you for choosing Paycor as your HR and payroll solution.

Cheryl

Run don't walk away!

Reviewed on 14/12/2023

Honesly, I would never recommend this company. As soon as I was set up we were dropped like a hot potato. I was able to use the chat function which was helpful. Running payroll takes forever but I was getting the hang of it. The owner of the company hates the journal function. The reporting is very user unfriendly to use. We'll be switching back to ADP as soon as we can.

Pros

Pros: I received good help with set up, but once I was using it and had difficulty those people were gone.

Cons

Cons: The owner of the company complained about journal downloading and importing. There are multiple steps to change formats before it can be uploaded. If an employee has multiple banks it shows multiples transactions.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience with Paycor. We apologize for any difficulties you encountered and any inconvenience caused. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the initial set-up assistance and the helpfulness of our chat function.

We understand your frustration with the journal downloading and importing process, as well as the multiple steps required to change formats before uploading. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by these processes. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the user-friendliness of our reporting system.

We apologize if you felt unsupported after the initial set-up phase. We strive to provide ongoing support to our clients and we apologize if we fell short in your case. We value your business and would be happy to discuss your specific concerns further to see if there are any alternative solutions that may better suit your needs. Please feel free to reach out to our customer support team!

Olivia

Paycor review

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Pros

It shows my pay stubs & my schedule and is easy to work with

Cons

Nothing everything is good I just have to get used to it

Response from Paycor

Thank you for the review!

Ĵasmine
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Paycor Please!

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

I am in love with this app it is very helpful to use when it comes dow to using and paying employess.

Pros

What i enjoy mosy about using Paycor is that it is very simple to use. I can find everything that i am looking for.

Cons

I haven't had any bad issues with Paycor at themoment but it is the best to have or use.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you find Paycor simple to use and that it meets your needs. We appreciate your support and are glad that our app has been helpful for managing and paying employees. If you have any further comments or suggestions, please feel free to let us know.

Carol
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Payroll Service

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Pros

The direct deposit feature was highly beneficial

Cons

There were issues with tax reporting and forms

Response from Paycor

Thank you for your review!

Nathalie

Paycor is ok

Reviewed on 15/03/2024

Overall, Paycor is fine. You can access your payroll information online.

Overall, Paycor is fine. You can access your payroll information online.

Pros

I like being able to login online each pay period to access my pay stubs and see how much I was paid.

Cons

I found it a little chunkier than other similar platforms.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate that you find it convenient to access your pay stubs and payroll information online. We understand that you may find our platform slightly chunkier compared to others, and we will take this into consideration for future improvements.

SHERYL
  • Industry: Plastics

Easy to use payroll software

Reviewed on 25/06/2019

I have been using Paycor for about 20 years and have been pleased with them since the first day I started using the software.

Pros

Paycor offers many benefits inside their payroll software package. The feature I value the most is the ability to track employee hours in different departments and set up each department in separate general ledger accounts. This allows me to easily transfer my payroll data into my financial software. This is a huge time saving feature for me. Whenever I need to call customer service, they are knowledgeable and address any issues I may have in a timely manner. I do not usually need to call for customer support because the software is so user friendly that under normal circumstances I can handle everything on my own. I do not even consider moving to another program because of the ease of use and affordability Paycor's software offers.

Cons

There is not really anything I don't like about the software. Sometimes I wish I could get by without having to use my mouse while entering my payroll but there are a few items on the screen that can not be chosen without switching from keystrokes to the mouse.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

ADP was overpriced for the service I was getting at the time.

ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

The ability to assign general ledger numbers to departments and the ability to code my employee hours into multiple departments and the fact that I can enter all the payroll data myself without having to use a CSR.
Keith
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 28/09/2019

When is comes to looking up info or having to get information about my benefits or employees, it works great. Being able to integrate insurance and time and attendence is also a nice feature.

Pros

I like how easy it is for me to get all the info about each of my employees. I can see their schedule and how much they worked also current pay and years of employment.

Cons

The time and attendence side of paycor is my least favorite part. It is slow, and looks like it was made in the 90s. It is very intuitive and takes lots of clicks to make minor changes.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

Paycom didn't have the integration we needed or wanted. It was missing some key features that we required.

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

Paycor had the options we needed at the right price.
Anne

Great tool for managing OKRs, 1/1's, team feedback

Reviewed on 21/04/2020

Overall - great - use it daily and track a lot of my people related things in 7Geese.

Pros

7Geese is a great solution for many things - particularly managing OKR's which is what was our driving motivation in moving from another provider to 7Geese. There are a few items which would make reporting easier, but for the most part, the OKR process is really easy and very dynamic and functional.

I also manage my 1/1 agendas through 7Geese and this is generally a pretty straightforward way of having both manager and staff person easily keep track of items to be discussed and notes during the meeting.

You can use a variety of pre-populated templates for feedback, or create your own. I use this function for a weekly update from my team. The main thing I wish for here is that it be able to be scheduled to go out with reminders when people haven't completed, but otherwise, this is also a great tool to get feedback and be able to respond within the platform.

Reviews are a bit clunky, but this process has improved a lot in the last year. Since we like to do 360's, it can be hard as this functionality doesn't exist and you have to use a combination of review forms and/or feedback forms to complete.

Support team responsiveness is great. Training videos are helpful. Overall, really love using 7Geese.

Cons

As noted above - reviews are clunky without an easy way to do 360's.

Jeremy

Not the right solution for a small business

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Overall, Paycor has proven to not be the long term solution for our payroll and onboarding needs. We switched from another large payroll processing company with a similar name due to service failures. Paycor reps promised solutions to every issue we previously experienced but after implementation there was no real support. We often have to figure out technical issues ourselves. Unless you are in a large company with a dedicated IT person/division and HR division, I wouldn't recommend this.

Pros

Processing payroll is relatively straightforward. The ability to add new employees manually is laid out very logically and the steps are easy to follow.

Cons

The reporting functions and user permission functions are by far the worst part of Paycor. The filtering capabilities and tags associated with the filters in reporting is very confusing and often the information you need to view in a report takes several additional steps of manipulating data to view. Setting up users with different permissions is extremely cumbersome! There are almost 200 different customizable permission settings. When a setting is updated the user has to sign out and sign back in and often nothing has changed with their actual access even though internally it may show the user has access to a selection. The customer service representatives often just email you user guides instead of walking you through how to do something or fixing it for you (which they have the capability to do). It has literally taken several months of back and forth to get our [SENSITIVE CONTENT] access to Benefits Advisor, which can be done in minutes.

Response from Paycor

Hi Jeremy, first I want to thank you for the time you put into this review. It will be very valuable to our team. We are very happy processing payroll has been so seamless for your organization. I understand your frustration with reporting and have shared this with our product team. If you're open to it, please log into the platform and select "give feedback". Any product specific feedback you submit there goes directly to our product team and you can track in real time when your suggestions are implemented. As far as the permissions go, it has so many options so that companies can specifically choose what data their associates have access to. Given the nature of our business we feel this is very important. However, you are able to copy access to a new employee very easily and our service team would be happy to walk you through this! We appreciate your business and look forward to our continued partnership.

Nadezhda

A Great Payroll Solution: Paycor!

Reviewed on 28/02/2023

My overall experience with Paycor has been very positive. It is an intuitive, easy to use payroll solution that offers great customer service and integrates with other software. It does have some drawbacks such as cost and reporting features, but overall I am happy with the service.

Pros

Paycor is an excellent payroll solution. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, and it integrates seamlessly with other software. The customer service is outstanding, and they are always available to answer any questions I might have. Overall, I am very satisfied with the service Paycor provides.

Cons

While Paycor is a great payroll solution, it does have some drawbacks. It can be expensive for small businesses, and the reporting features are somewhat limited. Also, it could use more customization options for different businesses.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Paycor. We're glad to hear that our user interface and customer service met your expectations.

Regarding the cons you mentioned, we understand that pricing can be a concern for small businesses. However, we strive to provide a range of pricing options and packages to meet different business needs. Additionally, we continually work to improve our reporting features and customization options to better serve our clients.

Thank you for choosing Paycor as your payroll solution, and we appreciate your feedback. If you have any further suggestions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team.

Cassidy
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

So user-friendly! Amazing snapshot on home dashboard!

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

There are so many benefits to using Paycor! It is efficient - moving candidates from recruiting to onboard. Sending background checks. So great!

Pros

I love the home dashboard! It is so organized and I can see exactly where are candidates are at in the hiring process.

Cons

I wish that the implementation team was able to provide support throughout the first 6 months. I didn't love being pushed from person to person to get a question answered.

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

NeoGov was not organized at all and didn't provide customization like Paycor does.

NEOED

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

Paycor's home dashboard and candidate profile were my favorite selling points.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Paycor! We're glad to hear that our platform has been able to streamline your HR processes and make your work easier, particularly with moving candidates from recruiting to onboard and sending background checks.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the implementation team, and we appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working to improve our customer service and support.

Thank you for choosing Paycor as your HR and payroll provider. We value your business!

Martin

The Ultimate Time-Saving Solution for Business Owners

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

My overall experience with Paycor has been positive. Despite some initial challenges, the platform has greatly improved the efficiency of my workforce management and allowed me to focus on growing my business.

Pros

As an owner, I appreciate how Paycor's unified HCM solution streamlines the management of my workforce. The platform's easy accessibility and automation of routine tasks has saved me time and allowed me to focus on my core business operations.

Cons

While Paycor offers a comprehensive solution, I sometimes found the initial setup to be a bit complex. Additionally, their pricing could be more competitive compared to some other platforms.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for sharing your review. We're delighted to hear that you have found value in our unified HCM solution and that it has helped you streamline your operations and make more informed decisions.

We acknowledge your feedback regarding the initial setup process and our pricing. We are continuously working to simplify our setup process, and your feedback will be valuable in this regard. As for the pricing, we strive to provide a comprehensive solution that justifies its value, but we'll certainly consider your comments.

Despite some initial challenges, we're pleased to know that your overall experience has been positive and that Paycor has enhanced the efficiency of your workforce management. Your insights help us improve our services.

Thank you for choosing Paycor!

Steve
  • Industry: Machinery

Great product.

Reviewed on 01/06/2023

Great.

Great.

Pros

Ease of use. Well integrated set of products. Extremely well received and adopted by employees. Zero push back at implementation.

Cons

Customer support team is in need of product education. API's are difficult and cumbersome. Implementation was more difficult than expected.

Paycom, UKG Pro, ADP Workforce Now and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

Payroll solution was very old and on roadmap for abandonment.

Infor XA

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

Paycor is the only one designed with manufacturing in mind.

Response from Paycor

We appreciate your review. It's wonderful to hear about your ease of use and successful implementation with us. We note your feedback regarding the need for further product education in our support team and the difficulty you've experienced with our APIs. We're always striving to improve and your input is valuable in these efforts. It's also great to hear that you've found our solutions to be well-suited to your manufacturing needs. Thank you for choosing and sticking with us.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great product with a few tweaks

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

In our early days of implementation and onboarding the system, everything was great. During the pandemic, we experienced a great deal of service issues, but I feel strongly that Paycor recognized those issues and is doing a wonderful job of resolving those issues and communicating the changes/additions they are making to better service their customers.

Pros

The initial implementation of our first client ID was seamless. We then acquired another company and had to set up a separate Client ID for them. That process was a bit more complicated and it took some time to get the two Client IDs to mirror each other, but now everything is working seamlessly. We love the HR, Payroll, Time Off Tracking and Applicant Tracking Systems. The modules are easy to use and any questions or issues we have are answered timely.

Cons

The Learning Management System is not great. It's very difficult to use, and even though I've gone through the Administrator training, I am still having trouble using this module.

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

We were looking for an all-in-one solution that was also budget friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

I liked the look and feel of Paycor's system over Paycom.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback! We're delighted to hear that the HR, Payroll, Time Off Tracking, and Applicant Tracking Systems have been beneficial for your business. We understand that certain aspects, like our Learning Management System, may present challenges, and we're committed to enhancing our offerings based on user experiences like yours. We appreciate your patience and understanding during the pandemic, and we're always striving to improve our services and communication. Your continued trust in Paycor is greatly valued.

Kristin

Would not refer to a colleague

Reviewed on 09/10/2023

Customer service is terrible. We are currently trying to fix a problem with our pay stubs that was caused by an upgrade to their system. When we called, customer service said it was our fault. We requested they look into it, it took three weeks for them to tell us the issue was caused by an upgrade to their system. The issue could be fixed, and the recommendation was to turn off a feature that keeps us in compliance with DOL regulations.

Pros

I am hard pressed to find anything I like about Paycor.

Cons

The difference between the sales promises and the actual software were huge, and set us up for disappointment. We have been on the platform for 3 years, and we are still experiencing issues related to implementation. Customer support is a different person every time, we get a number, cases are closed before the issue is fixed.

Paycom and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

Paychex customer service was deteriorating, and causing issues with our pay.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

We were promised a "vertical customer service" experience with a dedicated team that only worked on healthcare and related entities. That did not happen.

Response from Paycor

We apologize for the negative experience you've had with Paycor. We understand that the difference between the sales promises and the actual software has been disappointing, and we apologize for any issues related to implementation that you've encountered. We're sorry to hear that you've had difficulties with customer support, and we appreciate your feedback on the need for more consistent and effective assistance. We're committed to addressing these concerns and improving our services.

Elizabeth

Robust but not without glitches

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

Overall, positive enough that I am launching it again with my new employer.

Overall, positive enough that I am launching it again with my new employer.

Pros

Eliminating paper, confusing, automating many process like evals and attendance points, ample training, surveys and analytics, the list goes on.

Cons

Customer service can be lacking, don't trust what sales tells you unless it's in your contract, if you elect the ODP feature be aware there have been complete fiascos with the provider bank. Launch had myriad errors in each EE file which required a week of all hands to audit and correct.

UKG Pro and TriNet Zenefits

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

In each instance with different employers, the company outgrew what it was using

Response from Paycor

Thank you for your feedback on Paycor. We appreciate your positive comments about the robust features and automation capabilities of our software. We apologize for any issues you experienced with customer service and the ODP feature. We value your feedback and will use it to improve our services. We are glad to hear that you are choosing Paycor again with your new employer.

Kelley
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Paycor is the best!

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

This is my second company I have worked for that uses Paycor. My first company, I was there from the very beginning (implementation). I really like the program and was pretty savvy with the program.

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

Our company has bought pieces ala carte-- so it is a cluster--not Paycor's fault.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Paycor

There was not enough options and was not user friendly. Also payroll was a pain.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Paycor

They had a great sales pitch and good customer service, implementation people.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad to hear that you find Paycor user-friendly and easy to navigate. We understand that the experience may be affected if different pieces were bought ala carte, but we appreciate your understanding that it is not Paycor's fault. We're pleased that our sales pitch, customer service, and implementation team met your expectations. Thank you for choosing Paycor again and for your continued support!

Faith
  • Industry: Farming
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

What I call gorgeous. Absolutely Amazing.

Reviewed on 07/11/2023

Employees welfare is key. Paycor keeps them closer to the management as possible by safely handling their information. It has promoted productivity and raised the spirit of hardwork for all of us.

Pros

Paycor is defined by its huge contribution to automation which eventually saves time and energy on tasks. It is a reliable tool for handling employees data. I have generally been in the forefront to making the goals of the company come true. Paycor has played an important role in ensuring this. It is easy to use.

Cons

Generally amazing. Paycor has no serious bad side. It is easy to learn.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for your amazing review of Paycor! We're thrilled to hear that our automation features have saved you time and energy, and that our tool has been reliable in handling employee data. We're glad to have played an important role in helping you achieve your company's goals. We appreciate your support and hope to continue exceeding your expectations.

• Industry: Government Administration

Paycor was nice but more expensive than others

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

Our overall experience with Paycor was favorable. Their support staff was helpful and easy to work with, and things ran smoothly for the most part. Any issues were quickly addressed.

Pros

Some of the things liked most about Paycor include ease of timesheet entry from the employee's perspective, and ease of timesheet management from a manager's perspective. Their online applicant portal was just what we needed to transform our job application process from hardcopy to digital, and helped make onboarding new employees lots easier than what we had been accustomed to.

Cons

The primary reason we decided to switch away from using Paycor was the increasing costs. Additionally, some features were being offered by competitors that Paycor did not have at that time.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Paycor. We are glad to hear that you found our timesheet entry and management features easy to use, and that our online applicant portal helped streamline your job application process and onboarding of new employees. We appreciate your feedback regarding our helpful support staff and prompt issue resolution.

We understand that cost is an important consideration, and we apologize if our pricing did not align with your expectations. We continuously strive to provide competitive pricing while delivering high-quality services. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the features offered by our competitors, and we are constantly working to enhance our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our clients.

Thank you for choosing Paycor, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Tracey
  • Industry: Printing

Paycor dealbreaker

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

Pros

Paycor is simple to run manual checks and payroll. The paygrid is a great feature.

Cons

We have to manage all the tax set up for all employees. The other providers we have used set up employees with taxes that are relevant to them. The lastest issue we have has to do with taxes vs. deductions. Our state paid leave plan is set up to go through the tax module, which is great if you go with the state plan. We, however, opted for an equivalent private plan. I was told in order to have the employee premium deduction, which is a percentage of "taxable wages", it had to be done through a deduction. Come time to run my first payroll with the new deduction, the percentage is not correct. I was never told this, but apparently, because we have to do the premium through a deduction, the system can only figure the percentage to deduct based on gross wages instead of "taxable wages" as the state law requires. I was told that I would need to go into each employee every payroll and manually figure their premium deduction. To find this out on a payroll processing day is completely unacceptable. This payroll I had to make the deduction 0% and have the company pick up the entire premium in order to meet the payroll cut off time.Another issue I have had repeatedly is getting different responses from people when I call into support.

Response from Paycor

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience with Paycor. We appreciate your input and apologize for the challenges you encountered with tax set up and deductions.

We understand the importance of accurate and compliant tax management, and we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by the limitations in our system regarding the calculation of premium deductions based on "taxable wages" versus gross wages. We are constantly working to enhance our system capabilities and will take your feedback into consideration for future updates.

We also apologize for any inconsistencies you experienced when contacting our support team. We strive to provide consistent and reliable customer service, and we will address this issue internally to ensure better consistency in our responses.

We appreciate your loyalty and trust in Paycor as your preferred provider following Fidelity's decision to discontinue payroll services. We will continue to work hard to provide you with the best possible payroll solutions and support.

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. Should you have any further questions or require assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.