Canva

4.7 (11,783)
Graphic design & video editing tool for web and print

(11,783)
4.6/5
4.5/5
4.7/5
4.4/5

Vitor
Vitor

I moved to Canva and I regreted it initially, but then...

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

Took me a while to get used to how Canva works, but once I did, my workflow improved quite drastically in the sense that I was able to get things done a lot quicker.I still find myself having to use other tools like Photoshop and Figma for more advanced work, but Canva is the best tool out there for their target market.

Pros

Canva is a great tool, very flexible, easy to use, and full of assets and features that will make your life as easy as it can be.- The asset library is great, you can usually find what you are looking for- It is easy to find yourself inside the tool- Organization is key if you have too many projects and files, Canva helps you with that beautifully- You can usually find templates for what you are trying to do, so it is easy to get inspired and have a starting point for any design you are creating- Support is great, they reply quickly and help you with anything you need

Cons

The tool feels a bit limiting if you are coming from an Advanced tool like Photoshop or Figma, but the feeling I have is that even if you need Photoshop or Figma for more advanced work, you can still use Canva for simple tasks as it saves A LOT of time compared to these other tools.- Limiting when it comes to pixel-perfect designs- Most graphics in the asset library do not have professional quality, you have to spend some time searching for something that is usable- Lacking when it comes to customization of mock-ups, you can pick a mock-up, and drop your image in it, but if it doesn't look exactly as you need, well you can't do anything.

Felipe
  • Industry: Entertainment

I love Canva, it is very complete

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

I use it daily, because as I work with media I often need to use it more than once a day, and it makes it a lot easier.

Pros

I like how easy it is to do things that are complicated in other apps. Here at Canva, besides being very easy, we can easily explore and export to other apps in a simple and practical way.

Cons

I think there should be more functions in the free version, so more people would spend more time using it and be more interested.

Stephen
  • Used for 2+ years

Canva is Great for Social Media

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

It's not bad for someone with no design experience as long as they are willing to pay more for printing. For the higher cost of printing you could pay a professional such as myself to design for you and print at a lower cost and higher quality. The application is bad for the overall marketing industry because it has lowered the quality standard and impact of advertisements being created by business owners who think they understand marketing, design and printing. I recently said to one of my clients who owns a high end auto detailing business and tried to create some marketing materials on his own, "I don't now how to properly wax and detail my vehicle. I would probably ruin the paint job somehow if I were to do it myself. That's why I hire a professional. I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle a design, print and marketing job either because that's not what you do." In short, stick to what you know and leave the rest to professionals. It will cost you less in the long run.

Pros

It's very easy to use and offers a ton of design content for free. You don't necessarily need to search outside of Canva for images but you can if you want. It's great for designing simple social banners or marketing materials quickly but there is a catch. They are trying to sell you printing services and their pricing is not competitive with quality printers.

Cons

I recommend Canva to clients who need to create social media marketing images. I have worked with clients who need me to print postcards, flyers or brochures that they designed on Canva and there are issues. Canva is trying to sell printing services. Their design templates are sized and setup for the printer companies they outsource to. If you design on Canva and download the files to send to a professional printer then those files are not setup correctly and require alterations to be printed. That's if there is room for alterations, but not all designs will allow for easy alteration so therefore the customer is forced to print on Canva at higher costs.

Christal

Canva is the best design tool I've used.

Reviewed on 11/01/2024

Very positive. Don't see a need to explore any other products out there as canva meets my needs beautifully.

Pros

I'm not a great graphic designer, so I love that Canva helps me take some very basic ideas in my head and turn them into something that I could never do on my own. Love the templates and magic features that help me look more professional than I really am.

Cons

The organization system... Wish it were a little more intuitive to access folders and organize designs quickly. Also, wish it were easier to delete a design completely from within the design itself (if there is a way, I haven't discovered it yet).

Apurva

Super Easy and Amazing Tool for Graphics

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

As a digital marketing expert canva is my go to tool for all the social media stuff I have to create almost everyday.

Pros

Canva is like a super easy magic tool for crating graphics, presentations and social media stuff. It's like having creative helpers at your desk. With all the amazing customizable templates we can easily create any design without problem.

Cons

Nothing to dislike bur if we want all features we have buy paid version.

Manuellyna
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

I recommend canva to save work time

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Everything I need and research for my professional activity is available on Canva. I am very satisfied and grateful for making my day, which is already busy, easier.

Pros

It's wonderful how much time you save by just making a basic edit to the available models, which are very tasteful and creative.

Cons

The photo content should be more varied in the free version, but I understand that there are costs that imply charging them.

mahmoud
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Canva is easy to use and distinctive

Reviewed on 24/02/2024

I use it more in videos and animate images and use it when I want to make a quick and easy design

Pros

Easy to use and has many templates to modify it and make videos easily and the artificial intelligence feature is excellent in it

Cons

A lot of templates are not free, and when using the free design, uploading images is of poor quality and not using the design measurement limitation in the free version

Danielly
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Canva is an easy and practical app

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

I'm very happy with the app overall and I'm already using the paid version because it's worth it.

Pros

I liked the ease of use and the many tools available. I can always make my posts for social networks because there are options in different sizes and formats.

Cons

There could be more photos in the free version and improvements to the AI image generator.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

The versatility of Canva

Reviewed on 31/03/2024

Pros

Canva has everything you need, whether it's a template for your Instagram story, an aesthetic PowerPoint for your presentation, or a resume to help you land a new job. Canva can provide it all for you

Cons

What I like least about Canva is that you can only use it when you're connected to Wi-Fi, and there is no option to download your projects for offline access.

marcelo
  • Industry: Wholesale

Canva a diamond to be polished

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Excellent in my opinion and given the way I use it, it meets my needs

Excellent in my opinion and given the way I use it, it meets my needs

Pros

It makes life easier for people who need to use designer services without worrying so much about knowledge

Cons

I believe that free content needs to be improved, I understand the costs of a platform like it, but its library of free files needs to be improved

Carolyn
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easiest Design Program EVERRRR

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

The user-friendly interface, hundreds (if not thousands) of templates, and ability to create designs with a mobile app have me sold on this software. The "business" or "pro" version of Canva comes at a minimal cost of ~$13 per month if you want all the bells and whistles. Otherwise, one could easily use the free version with no issues or limitations, other than not having as much access to the library of free images and graphics.

Pros

Canva is easy to learn so you can start creating designs almost right away. There is also a huge library of images and graphics to choose from so you don't have to constantly upload your own images and graphics just to make simple designs. I also LOVE all the pre-made, FREE templates they have available to their users.

Cons

There are certain design functions and features that Canva has not yet implemented. For example, it would be really nice if there was a text-bending feature, to curve text around graphics, images, or other text. It would also be nice to have layers. Nothing extensive, but for example, I'd love to make a rose-gold text from a font "layer" and a rose gold "layer" by merging the two and "cutting out" my text to create a rose-gold font.

Thomas
Thomas

Simple and Sleek design with decent functionality

Reviewed on 09/05/2020

Overall Canva is a great program whether using the free templates and graphics or unlocking their super high quality paid templates and graphics. Either way you won't be disappointed. I've been using Canva for a while and they keep getting better. It's real helped me on my Facebook post to educate my customers and make high quality infographics.

Pros

This tool is great for quickly creating infographics for real estate educational pieces that you can post on your social media platforms. Canva has templates for all types of postings that are fairly easy to customize. If you know the look and feel of the design you're going for then just flip through their large selection of templates, select the one you want, and make the adjustments you desire. It's that easy. The functionality is limited but powerful enough for almost any task. One positive to the limited functionality is that you don't get overwhelmed with all the options like some other programs which leaves you getting stuck in an endless loop of trying to find the "best" font or the best transitions. It's a simple, clean, inexpensive tool. Also, the export and import features are great. You can import your own photos, logos, etc. and the export function let's you export your creation to a bunch of different formats for whatever platform you want to share on. It's a great program with a large volume of quality stock images, graphics, fonts and templates to tackle any presentation. It works seamlessly with our real estate posts.

Cons

One downside to the software is the difficulty of changing the location of certain items in the layout. It can be cumbersome when compared to some of the other programs out there to relocate items within the presentation. The only other downside is that a lot of the graphics and templates are not free so you options are limited with the free version.

Faisal

Canva Made Me Uninstall The Most Popular Vector Design Tool

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

I am working as a content marketer. Since my agency is very small, I manage all the stuff alone. From writing content to designing graphics and to marketing them. For the jack of all trades, like me, an intuitive tool is needed that requires a little learning curve to get the things done quickly.

Canva is such a kind of tool. When a friend of mine told me about this, I thought it would be yet another fancy editing app just for social media. But I was completely wrong. This is a professional tool and it has a bunch of features.

Once, I believed that graphic design is not possible without using the so-called vector design tools like Illustrator. They are indeed more advanced for gigantic production houses. But, for small marketing agencies like me, Canva is more than enough.

The main thing I liked about this tool is the power of its free version. No other tool is offering such flexibility in the free version. It's enough for personal usages. And, you won't have to face any watermark issues. Although, I have subscribed to the yearly plan and I am loving it.

Pros

The first and foremost benefit of this tool is easy to use UI. The traditional design tools, even in this modern era, could not implement a modern user interface. Although they have a lot of features, they are cluttered with unnecessary things in the UI. This makes a new person like me totally frustrated.

Canva is very easy to use with a lot of free templates. And, if you subscribe to the premium plan you are getting a lot more. Design tools like Photoshop and Illustrator require a lot of processing power and storage space. Do you know what is the most interesting thing? I can create a design with Canva while I am commuting on my 4 years old iPad!

The inbuilt image and elements library is a great feature. I don't like searching for elements on Google and then include those in my design. Rather I just type what kind of image I need in the Canva search bar and 90 percent of the time I get that. Although, you can always upload your own photos to it.

A good design requires good typefaces. The Canva font library is adequate for that. There are a lot of free fonts for you to try out in your design. Did I just forget to mention motion graphics? There are a lot of motion graphics templates too for creating engaging content for social media.

Cons

I am using Canva for a long time. It's improving day by day. I don't think anyone will be able to mention any cons of this tool. However, certain things should be improved. For example, the image library should be enriched. If they can introduce the support for vector files it would be awesome. I hope the Canva team will come with more features that will help content marketers like me.

Liezl
  • Industry: Design

Best product in years!

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

FABULOUS! Love it! From day one, could hug it. Its easy to sign up, easy to use, easy to store and easy to access my business logos, colours etc. it has remarkable features, options, and works quickly - no big time lags.

Canva has saved me years of time and frustration. It honestly is the best thing since sliced bread. My favourite and top rated software application - for everyone!

The options to make simple animated or short videos without costing an arm and a leg has been the star power cherry on top!

Pros

Canva is my new best friend!! Its the most useful, designer friendly, user friendly, time saving product I've used in years! It offers phenomenal features that are easy to use. I often choose to use Canva over my high-end photo editing and design software that is 8x the cost!

I use it almost daily for social posts, web design pictures, logos, documents, posters and sale notices.
I spent years learning how to use high end design software, and can spend hours getting something right. On Canva I can get the job done in half an hour and get on with my life! Its WONDERFUL!

The sizing guidelines have saved me 10 000 grey hairs (I've spent the last few years trying to keep up with social media changes and recommended sizing that hardly ever displays correctky and ruins the work done).

The resizing options allows me to perfect designs for multiple outlets - quickly!

I cannot recommend Canva highly enough. Aside from my Accounting software - this product tops my list and will be the very last item to go in a costs cutting endeavour. It saves me oodles and oodles of time to get designs done - well, and get on with my business.

The new invite a team mate option is going to be useful!

Cons

The background remover sometimes fails or stalls -totally understandable with so much going on that needs to happen - but it is a little frustrating.

Also, the new background brush (to put back or refine the removing background edit) is a wonderful option - but isn't as easy to access if you want to go back. You get one chance and that's it. Again, totally understandable, its probably beta - and very cool. So grateful all the same as you work on it.

Sometimes the elements colours cant be changed. E.g. a yellow star sprinkle can't be made purple to match a palette. A filter can be applied but thats about it.

I've discovered that the access to photo search is MUCH better from within the design creation field. If you search pendulum on the platform you get maybe 5 photos. If you search for photos from within the design process there are are hundreds! Its much easier to search on the big screen than in a dropdown - so if you could make the design algorithms available on the photos search page it would rock!

Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Good options, lovely pictures, and saved a ton of time! The sizing guidelines are immeasurably helpful and also an immense time save (I as constantly editing). Gets the daily stuff done, quickly - so I can get on with other things. Professional product output is great!

Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Although the quality is comparable, and Adobe has more features, the sheer time saving from A-Z with a good quality product output has changed my life. Instead of spending hours designing a facebook poster, then editing it because its the wrong size, and having to stretch my design and video skills to turn it into an animated video ... I can do a professional version in 30 mins. In a world where you're supposed to post on social media daily - there is no comparison, Canva wins!
Amy

One-Stop Platform for Fast & Easy Design

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

We use Canva on a daily basis. It is really almost a one-stop platform for us. We were needing a simple way to create social marketing campaign assets. For example, it's easy to start with a poster design... and then take it down into a myriad of assets. We create short videos and gifs for campaigns. We use it for presentation and ebook design, brand mood boards. Canva does a nice job of offering templates for inspiration and/or to get you started.

Pros

Canva has changed my work life. As part of a small agency team, we try to keep dollars in-house, where possible. Canva enables us to create a wide variety of simple marketing materials that in the past we would have sent out to a freelance designer. Posters, flyers, mailers, social media videos, presentations... it seems like every week we discover another marketing tool that Canva makes easier, faster and cheaper to handle in-house. The platform has also helped streamline our workflows and resources: We can access stock images, stock video, fonts and even stock music from within the platform and easily output into a variety of formats... and even directly send out to a professional printer from the platform. It's very intuitive... and easy to create nice-looking work. And I really appreciate that Canva elegantly enables you to resize artwork, if you need multiple versions of things. This may sound like a small thing, but even just having easy access to such a simple platform for creating transparent .png files -- knocking out images from backgrounds -- is amazing. It's also useful for inviting others on the team to collaborate on projects.

Cons

I look forward to Canva adding more stock images, video and music. That's not a gripe; I'm fairly pleased with the choices already. An easier internal filing system for files would be helpful... as would more tools for preparing print-ready files. The platform offers fairly limited photo retouching capabilities-- I find that Canva's photo adjustment controls are not particularly subtle.

Vimeo

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Adobe Indesign certainly has its uses. But while it offers a lot of design horsepower, it's not intuitive. It's taken a lot of hours and tutorials to use it. Canva, on the other hand, is extremely intuitive, plus it offers a lot of image content from within the platform. I use Vimeo to create simple social marketing videos. Vimeo has a better array of stock video and music, but it's expensive, slower, and it doesn't offer the breadth of design tools. Canva has helped us get more work produced and out the door faster and easier than ever before.
Muhammad Zubair
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Canva - A Comprehensive App for Creative Designs

Reviewed on 28/02/2021

We have been using Canva mostly for presentations, social media content, and logo designing. Our move to Canva has greatly reduced the costs and time we spent on mainstream designing software and hiring of experts.

Although, Canva is an amazing app when it comes to ready-made designing, there are still many limitations that we feel will be taken care of in the future.

Other than video editing, presentations, and some other unavailable options, we are happy with Canva for providing our clients with great content in their budget and timelines.

Pros

Canva is one of the most popular web apps available for professional designing solutions online for business and social media content builders. It provides comprehensive and packaged tools that require no prior experience or learning to start working in Canva, the app is well balanced for professionals and amateurs equally.

Below are some of the advantages I have personally experienced using Canva:

- Canva has a well-organized editing platform, which provides basic editing tools and easy navigation.
- Plethora of professional looking templates to choose from to create marketing material, social media content, logos, videos, presentations, resumes, websites, and much more.
- Free to use images, audios, and videos with relevance to your project.
- Every template is customizable according to your project's requirements
- The Elements tab can help you create your attractive designs by using various pre-built shapes and objects.
- I found it great for making YouTube Intros and Outros.
- Every bit of your work is saved automatically online, hence no worry of losing any work progress.
- Plenty of Cloud storage according to your plan for storage of videos and images.
- For better project collaboration, you can add team members from within your organization or any person you want to work with in real time workflow environment.
- Good cost savings, since hiring an expert designer and buying media content cost you a lot of money.

Cons

- You cannot edit or modify images, pre-built elements, videos, and other stuff provided by Canva due to copyright restrictions, but you can still resize, rotate and change colors of provided objects.
- You cannot use transition or animation effects on a single object, unfortunately, any effect you select applies to the whole page.
- Only a single audio track can be used for the entire project, this deficiency in Canva editing platform greatly affects the creation of dynamic content such as presentations and videos.
- There are no tools for drawing in Canva such as pens and brushes, this feature is very important for logo design tasks.

Charity
Charity

User Friendly Design Software For Individuals And Small Businesses

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Canva is user-friendly and affordable. It has made creating designs easy and fast. Designing marketing materials for both our offline and online audiences now costs less and doesn't consume much time.
The pros for this product outweigh the cons, I would therefore recommend this software to anyone who isn’t an expert on graphic design and still needs to create appealing and professional-looking materials without spending too much time or money.
It is ideal for small businesses.

Pros

Canva is affordable and easy to use which makes it ideal for most of our marketing personnel who have little graphic design experience. We do a lot of brochures, flyers, create ads, and social media graphics for our properties. Creating content for the various social media platforms has never been easier.
It has thousands of high-quality templates to use in designs for almost any occasion which are easy to customize. It also allows one to upload their own images to use on the platform.
The platform supports various file formats which makes it easy to work with for the team.
It stores the designs for future use and we can download them into different devices to use elsewhere, for instance, post as a status or part of the catalog on the Whatsapp platform.
The availability of tutorials and designing courses makes it easy to use and learn new things.
The availability of a mobile version of the software is a huge plus. Creating designs while on the move is amazing. Our team doesn’t have to wait to get back to the office to create a poster or social media post for that amazing property that they want to take online immediately.

Cons

The software has limited photo editing functions and a lot of features like resizing images are locked in the premium version. It is also not flexible enough for an expert designer who wishes to create designs from scratch.
Whereas there are thousands of templates to use on the platform, a lot of designs lack uniqueness as popular designs are used by a lot of businesses.
They can do better on the customer service. The ease of reaching the support team and the response time to concerns raised should be looked into.

Elsa

I can't recommend it enough

Reviewed on 10/09/2022

I use it every day and it might be the most fun part of my days.

I use it every day and it might be the most fun part of my days.

Pros

This is a key tool for my creative team. Social media, flyers, presentations, investor pitches, sales pitches... anything and everything goes through Canva. It is SO easy to use that you need no onboarding. We constantly get congratulated on our designs, and they are most times just templates adapted to our branding. SO many options to choose from, it's great for when you're on a creative rut.

Cons

Nothing, I absolutely love Canva and cannot recommend it enough.

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Choosing Canva

No difference in the easiness of use, options, countless templates... and PRICE!

Reasons for Switching to Canva

The cost and the fact that Canva has no comparison for social media and presentation creation
Jordan
  • Industry: Media Production

A Great Alternative To Those Looking For Basic Image Creation & Editing

Reviewed on 10/09/2023

Overall, Canva has been invaluable to my business. Not needing to learn the nuances of an entire piece of software like Photoshop, or needing a workhorse of a computer to create basic graphics has allowed me to offer these services to my clients for a more full-package production.

Pros

As someone who isn't, I would say, "graphically inclined", Canva has been an invaluable tool for to create digital assets for clients. I typically create podcast and YouTube thumbnails for clients, and the tools that Canva provides makes it very simple for me to create consistent assets each week. from background removal, to filters, to fonts and layouts, I find it very easy to navigate and utilize.Additionally, since it is an online service, I can access my projects from anywhere that has an internet connection, which really helps me lean into my remote work business model.

Cons

I do find that there are some image editing feature that it lacks in comparison to something like PhotoShop or Illustrator. Given the price point, that makes sense. but the odd time I'm looking for a specific tool and realize it's not there, it required me to find or create a bit of a work-around.

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Canva has a better price point, as well as a free version to test it out. It is also an online website-based platform which allows me to access my projects from anywhere with an internet connection. Additionally, i don't need a workhorse of a system to run it - just about any computer can utilize it.
Jesús
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Canvas: fast, easy and professional!

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

The ease of use in working hours within the platform at the genetic level is fast, the individual experience is satisfactory and without setbacks, this added to the multiple designs and different templates are adapted to the needs of your company or social network, allowing you to show a quality advertising work, according to the commercial objective. It also significantly reduces the costs that the company can redirect to more useful aspects that will impact on significant savings, knowing what an advertising campaign is worth today. With the free version you work it is easy to do jobs with professional quality.

Pros

It allows me to choose according to the type of social network in which I am working, to select the most varied templates adapted to the specific formats; and if I'm not satisfied with the predesigned material, I can modify it by making my final presentation more personalized. It has the ability to accept own photographs, adapt them and edit them within the same application with filters that give a professional appearance of excellent quality. If there is no format within the predesigned templates, you can also change the size. It offers a wide range of designs that fit the type of advertising desired, which are required to present both in a work meeting or disseminating information by various social networks.

Cons

There are times when not all the details of a presentation are saved, and it is annoying because some need time to do them again. If you select a specific template, the system opens a new tab, once you finish all the work and save the information, you must go back to the previous tab and close it, this is a bit tedious. Depending on the complexity of the presentation, sometimes the program can delay in processing the changes efficiently, which can sometimes make you lose the work done previously. In other opportunities if you upload your own image, in some occasions editing it on the platform is not friendly if the connection that is used on the internet does not turn out to be fast enough.

Ian
Ian
  • Used for 2+ years

Just the right balance of power and control and ease

Reviewed on 28/03/2020

I really enjoy being able to create marketing assets quickly and Canva has nailed the feeling of "play" with their library of assets. I've mostly used Canva to produce banners (digital, not physical) for ad campaigns and t-shirts. In writing this review I just learned they have menus as a template type and videos so I'm likely to try working with those asset types soon.

Pros

A lot of products in the "design for non-designers" category have the problem of not allowing enough flexibility. They pin the user in with too few choices and restrictions so that every design (logo, banner, etc.) that you make ends up feeling too similar and not inspired, not YOUR creation. Canva is exceptional in that it makes it easy and fun to try LOTS of different designs, providing you with just the right assets to try a lot of different designs. It's still easy enough that you don't feel like you have to struggle or read a lot of how-to guides to get started but it's flexible enough that when you've created something, it feels like it's really yours (and not just a couple template options that you picked from). It's very handy for creating assets like logos, banners, t-shirts, etc. when you need something quick and when you don't have a professional designer resource. Great for home businesses working on marketing assets or startups where a CEO or product or marketing person needs to jump in and produce a few assets for a campaign, merchandise, etc.

Cons

This is more of a limitation than a negative comment about the product: Canva has a LOT of template types, including videos and menus (for restaurants) but they do NOT (as of Mar 28, 2020) appear to have a few key types like screenshots (i.e. for app stores) and their videos don't allow you to superimpose a graphic or video within the scene. I bring these two cases up because it's a very common need for a small business that produces apps to create promotional screenshots (the type where the screenshot is surrounded by marketing text) and promotional videos demoing their app content. For cases like this you'll have to look at https://biteable.com/ (for promo videos) and https://theapplaunchpad.com/ (for screenshot generators).

Danielle

Gorgeous app with a sea of options!

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

I really enjoy the ease of the app, navigating around it and editing to personalise each piece of content. It creates fantastic outlines for social media platforms and enhances each post with a chic yet clean finish. Everything is able to be edited and adapted to perfection and to your individual taste.
What I love is that it has different sections for different platforms meaning as a result the layout for each piece will vary in size but create the same finished clean cut look as desired with the ability of having a matching version for a different platform therefore saving you the extra time trying to edit one specific post to fit a different version; for example a Facebook cover or a instagram live/ post are different size and specs. Using this app ultimately creates better outcomes in less time. I found I had more audience engagement and new content ideas. WIN WIN!

Pros

I love how personalised this app is. It is like the owners ( a young American) is having a chat with you throughout her daily app updates, notifications and weekly emails. (All interchangeable how often you receive them). I love seeing the app update with the tutorials, extra edits of content to use for your business for both premium and free members. The range that is available for free members is phenomenal, within its SEA of choices! The stock images are the best I have seen to date, they are vibrant and fresh. The app doesn't scrimp on how professional each part of the app itself looks alongside each individual section, tutorials and the photo quality. There is also a personal file section which is really handy to have quick access to something you have already made if you fancy reusing or updating something without having to start again (which wouldn't be too hard anyway) but we all love ease as humans!

Cons

There isn't much I dislike. I think the app is fantastic!
It is easy to merge with other apps.
It COULD potentially be easier for the app to connect directly to IG rather than saving an image then uploading as a separate file.

Tarunabh
Tarunabh
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

The best online graphics designer with readymade customizable templates

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Canva is a very easy online designing app that delivers result really fast. From a promotional and online marketing perspective, using designs created completely within the Canva workspace enables me to save time and maintain a professional standard and consistency in all my final outputs.
The readymade templates are very well-thought-out and I can easily find a suitable design template of my niche to modify and kick start my creation process, even in times when I am having difficulty to conceptualize a creative design. I highly recommend Canva for both amateurs as well as professional designers. Even non-designers can achieve a decent output with the help of Canva.

Pros

Before using Canva Pro, I was using Photoshop regularly and combining it with templates from Envato Elements. It yielded quality results no doubt, but it was a time-consuming process. I was not expecting Canva to be a replacement of Photoshop, but since I had to design lots of posters and graphic ads for social media regular posting, Photoshop wasn't the best choice. Canva really solved this problem. I can design professional quality graphic designs, posters, banners, flyers, brochures, invitations and business cards, logos, infographics - you name it, Canva has it all! Not only does it have thousands of top quality templates to choose from, I can also start from scratch and do a combination of different elements and assets, that can be selected from Canva's readily accessible library of millions of the best premium stock photos & videos, png elements & cliparts, and a vast collection of fonts. Another very helpful aspect worth mentioning is the ease of navigating and using the editing features and tools available within the Canva designing workspace. There is virtually no lag or glitches when you play with the dials of image effects and adjustment windows or when you resize and reposition, or copy certain design elements from one template to the other. The background remover tool inbuilt is probably the best one online, that I know of. All these wonderful features makes the whole workflow of using Canva layouts very convenient and satisfying.

Cons

Canva's monthly and yearly pricing for the Pro version are expensive to maintain.
In comparison to Photoshop, I find the layering of Canva templates and the editing and selecting of each layer within a composition/layout, very inconvenient. When layers are overlapping, there's few to no options to modify and select individual layers with ease.
Also, when I drag a new image into my layout, it snaps and replaces existing image and I have to really struggle to avoid Canva automatically doing that.
A better folder organizing system for my custom uploads, with tags can go long way in bringing more discipline and efficiency to the workflow.
The video or animation editing is very primitive, and even other basic designer tools like Placeit or invideo have much better and diverse ways of video creation. Canva still lacks a timeline editor window or keyframe animation, like that found in Pix teller.

aymane
aymane

"best website to easy design"

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

Canva is excessively acceptable. It is a one-stop answer for me. Regardless of whether I need to make content for online media stages or my web journals, I generally use Canva. As a result of its effortlessness, I could never consider any elective choices of Canva. We have been utilizing Canva generally for introductions, online media substance, and logo planning. Our transition to Canva has enormously diminished the expenses and time we spent on standard planning programming and recruiting specialists. In spite of the fact that Canva is an astounding application with regards to instant planning, there are as yet numerous restrictions that we feel will be dealt with later on. Other than video altering, introductions, and some other inaccessible choices, I wouldn't anticipate that you should have the option to deal with a plan, print, and advertising position either on the grounds that that is not what you do." to put it plainly, stick to what you know and leave the rest to experts. It will cost you less over the long haul. The membership cost is likewise little and sensible.

Pros

My experience on the Design portion of Canvas has consistently been excellent and I have been utilizing it for quite a while. Straightforward, fast, and simple to utilize tools.it s truly incredible, functional, pleasant plans, the excellent incentive for cash. amazing help, both regarding the plan and their print shop. I requested cards and shirts, both followed through on schedule. Taking a gander at different surveys, I additionally need to say that I never expected to call their after-deals administration, yet one of my clients was not content with the nature of the hello cards, and Canva offered them to her. re-imprinted on more excellent paper and she just needed to pay the distinction. I made a logo which I at that point printed as a business card and card I got all more than four days and of excellent quality, I prescribe it to any individual who needs to figure out how to construct their picture. Similarly, as with a game, the more hours you spend there, the more you will test.

To put it plainly, I suggest with shut eyes

Cons

I take a gander at the following information and they will not be here until MONDAY. It can get laggy and moderate when you're assembling your plan. M envisioning the site has a lot of segments to deal with, yet here and there the slacking is deplorable and wasteful. was utilizing the free preliminary and made an introduction. I invested a ton of energy and exertion on this introduction. A couple of hours in the wake of making alters to it, the application would show a clear screen or give a blunder at whatever point I attempted to open it, download it, or make a duplicate (both on my telephone and on the entirety of the gadgets and programs I attempted). I connected with client care about this matter on Sunday night. It is currently Wednesday evening and nothing has been finished. They continue to give me the very conventional messages that they're chipping away at it and will tell me when it's fixed. I inquired as to whether they could in any event give me a pdf duplicate of my introduction so I can move it to PowerPoint and keep dealing with it, they won't ever reach.

Vivekananda

Canva claims charity rather than business

Reviewed on 30/10/2022

In a word, Canva is a software that has least shortcomings. So, Canva is highly recommended and esteemed to all the initial users, with the maximum features that are free to use, to be benefited from their business. Canva claims my fascination and illusion for all commercial entrepreneurs, photographers, graphic designers for the creation of quick and easy flyers. So, my enthusiasm knows no bounds during using this software to make my export professional.

Pros

We need no basic computer knowledge to customize this software, even without being a graphic designer by profession. A new designer or a new youtuber can easily use this software, just within one or two days, with some tutorials, available on youtube. Canva provides us with all endless efforts to resize the project for PDF for our branded content. Adding video, adding music, adding cool titles are super simple. Thousands of elements are also free to use for our commercial purpose and our professional youtubing although the pro-version of this software is not, at all, much expensive for a new beginner. The free use of all the digital assets like endless templates, graphics, copyright free images, videos, variety of fonts are all available in variety of formats to export our project for the creation of our business reports and project reports. Canva is also admirable for all free and pro creative services like video editing, photo editing logo designing, web banner designing, poster making, social media posting thumbnail making ----- what not ? All the features like the removal and replacement of background, layer, frames, resizing project, light adjustment, color adjustment, blur effect, filter editing are truly amazing for all our social media platforms, but also for our commercial purposes, according to the requirement of a new beginner to give the design professional looking. The most commendable feature of this software is that all the saved projects remain as usual

Cons

The symbol of watermark can not be removed from the project by following any trick if we don't get the pro-version to use. During downloading multiple files, the automatic compression of the files into a zip file and downloading as a single file, the limitation of traits for video editing, the limitation of filter during editing photo, the blockage of some features (for instance : shapes and frames ) and some songs seem to me to be the prime drawbacks of this software. It needs more modification for a new user to make the software more user-friendly. Besides, the manipulation of digital projects, after being downloaded is absolutely impossible to the users. The free users of this software need to be with more features in variety of graphics, images, templates. Mainly, whatever whatever I want to focus is that the photo editing traits are also not as much as we need for youtube videos. The authorities, concerned need to modify the photo adjustment tool in this software. Some designs look somewhat blur as they lack their uniqueness. The support team should be more aware of their customer support, at least, for their pro-version users. As much as I know, a regular upgradation system requires to be more developed from now onward. Last but not least, I really pant for the new development of this software for more acclamation.