Epos Now

Secure electronic point of sale (POS) system

3.6/5
3.7/5
3.8/5
3.6/5

279 Software options

Crystal M.

A great tool for any business

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

This software has made my book keeping a thousand times easier.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly and the back office functions make my paperwork so much easier to navigate.

Cons

Slow to load and could have better options for integrating rewards and gift certificates.

Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

The price was right and the reps were very helpful and informative.
Mathew F.

Extremely Disappointing

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

I am so disappointed in EPOS NOW support. My system is running extremely slow and my staff and customers are complaining. Support tried everything they could and even sent a replacement computer. Neither has worked. I reached out to their online community and was told support would call me. That was 3 weeks ago. Software is buggy and and the IBC integration has issues completing the sale on EPOS. I have called IBC and they have assured me the issue lies with EPOS. Have requested call backs and raised tickets and no response. Regretting this purchase.

Thank you for your response but guess what...still no call or response from your team. I will be contacting AMERICAN EXPRESS and refusing charges until such time your company can provide the service I am paying you for and you agreed to provide.

Since my last update 1 week ago, I received a call from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was very helpful. He took a video of my system running very slowly and a copy of the system logs. He said they would get back to me and here we are 1 week later with no response. This is becoming a real pain in the a**. This is not right and not the way any customer should be treated. How do I go about getting a full refund at this point???????

Another update, still no response from anyone at EPOS. Complete Radio Silence. Our IBC terminal stops working many times a day now and our system is unassigning the license at least once a day. The problems keep piling up and no one responds from EPOS.

Pros

I like the User Interface but thats about it.

Cons

The constant problems. My system runs so slow my staff does nothing but complain about it. It takes 5 to 10 senconds for the cash drawer to open. The systems boots us out at least once a day. The IBC integration is a joke. I have assured by IBC that the issue lies with EPOS. Customer service does not exist. We cant get through to anyone, return phone calls do not happen and requesting service via a web ticket does not work either. Currently in the process of refusing all charges from EPOS until the issues are resolved.

Denise Z.

Works for our store!

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Overall, the flexibility and customization is the best feature and the reason we stay. In addition, Epos is always updating and improving! Very helpful customer service group!

Pros

Flexibility and customization of the software.

Cons

Integrations - We have a few integrations - Shopify, Mail Chimp (which was discontinued), Postal options, etc. The integration we're least pleased with is Shopify. Everything is an add on which makes it hard for small startups.

Shopify POS

Shopify POS

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Again, flexibility and customization.
Matthew E.
  • Industry: Printing

Very useful system for SME

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Very Good. It has helped us total our end of day sales and with the breakdown of items and sold we can easily separate the Vatable sales saving time for our accounts team.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be edited to suit your business needs with time saving folders. It also has a very user friendly interface that can be picked up in minutes making it great for getting new employees up to speed

Cons

Updating the software was a little tricky but with the help of the telephone team this issue was resolved pretty quickly.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Matthew.

Thank you for leaving us a business review, we take all feedback seriously and use this to help continually learn and grow and provide the best customer service possible.

The simplicity of our front end system is a real unique selling point making it easy to train staff and adapt for personal / business preference. The backend provides intuitive reporting about
profitability, revenue, staff or products analysis by location, staff members or across the whole business.This allows you to figure out what¿s working and what isn¿t to make actionable changes which will boost your bottom line.

I understand that updating the system was a little tricky, I'm pleased to hear that our award winning support staff were able to support you through this.

If you wish to provide any additional feedback please email [email protected]

Kind Regards
James

Martin C.
  • Industry: Restaurants

EPOs Back Office set up from the begining .

Reviewed on 23/09/2017

Pros

On Wednesday 20th September 2017 I was having some problems trying to log in to the back Office on our EPOs till.
I phoned the support line in the morning & was connected to a 1st line support Agent.
I explained the problem & it was agreed that she would phone me back at 4pm to help resolve the problem.
We have recently changed company names over & there had been a mix up about which account etc. was still active ( our fault ).
she phoned at 4pm prompt then kindly spent the next 2 hours or so helping me re install EPOs back office again as the one we had been using was now locked.
I explained to her that I needed to get the new programme running as we opened again at 9am on the 20th & we needed the system up & running.
Just to summarize as it would take to long to explain she was exceptional in the very cool, calm & professional manner in which she helped me resolve this issue. I was getting a little stressed as this was put on me last minute but she explained the process step by step in a very friendly & understanding manner.
Anything she wasn't sure about in the process she asked for advice from her team & at one point she kindly got another member of her team to help also.
Its vary rare when you deal with telephone help lines that everything you ask for happens but I can honestly say that she went above & beyond to help me which was really appreciated & I was able to set up the new Back Office system in time for us to be able to trade again in the next morning.
she is a prime example of how to get a good end result for both parties in & limited time scale in very difficult & testing situation.
She is an asset to your team & I hope she receives the recognition she deserves.

Michael B.

Eposnow is a phenomenal software!

Reviewed on 13/02/2017

We began as a very simple bookstore, with only a couple hundred products, and thus very easy to manage. Later on, as the business grew, I realized we needed to move into the future and purchase a point of sale. Eposnow has filled that need like only they can. We originally were bogged down by the fact that some of our books had no barcodes. They were able to teach us to barcode our products, and we could use them in tandem with the pre-barcoded books! Fluid and simple, and very excited for the new update!

Pros

Everything! Easy to use, straightforward, dependable, cheap, and powerful! I've never had such an easy experience with technology, and all of my hardware has worked seamlessly with the software!

Cons

Honestly, no cons. I wish there was more customizability, but a few of my feature votes have come through such as preauthorization, so the feature voting system does work well! I also was bothered by the quality of some of the training videos, but since they were free I wasn't too surprised. The customer display sometimes reads the wrong price.

Ronald D.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Perfect option for my Business

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

I use Epos Now for my POS, employee clock in/out and inventory management (small portion). The easy customization makes its very intuitive for employees to learn and start using right away.

Pros

This software did not over burden me with things I did not need. Customization made it a good fit for my business, plus its very easy to use.

Cons

A few of the functions are not so easy to find, but customer support was able to help.

Clover and Square Point of Sale

better rates and customization
Vicky V.

Never buy EPOS and don't bother buying if you are in Canada

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

I will strongly recommend this product to people I hate and let them suffer.

Pros

I hate the system. We add inventory and the system will not pick items when customers are standing in line. Not only this is irritating, it becomes embarrassing also.

Cons

Everything. The screen will not work if sunlight is coming on the screen or even nearby. In Canada, I can't add certain taxes and fees. I can't get a detailed end of day report that separates my sales types by-products. Lottery redemption is a huge task and customers complain of wait times. Don't ask about customer service. You need something, UK customer service will call you in the middle of the night. I received my box and I was promised a customer display (please not although they will show you it is not included) am going back and forth with customer service for the last 2 months and they still have not given it to me. Their employees will tell you "yes, we are misleading, but it is not included in your base price". And good luck dealing with customer support. I have decided to move my services to some other service provider because Epos Now will not take care of my grievances and I don't have time and courage to deal with their customer support because they simply don't care. AND ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING. DON'T GET INTO THEIR SALES TACTICS AND USE EVO PAY AS YOUR PAYMENTS PROVIDER. TRUST US, YOUR MONEY WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED IN YOUR ACCOUNT ON DAILY BASIS AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CLOSED ON WEEKENDS. EPOS NOW EMPLOYEES WILL MAKE $2K AS COMMISSION BUT YOUR LIFE WILL BE SPENT IN DEALING WITH EPOS NOW AND EVO PAY CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Epos Now not great

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Pros

We mostly like the look of the pos screen and ease of use of the pos. We also like that it has a time clock feature.

Cons

I don't like that everything costs extra. I think you should be able to do bulk transfers without paying extra for it. I'd also like to see a loyalty program as part of the system.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Reviewer.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and provide feedback regarding our system, I'm sorry to hear you would be unlikely to recommend us.

Engaging with our customers allows us to continually enhance our product and the feedback you have given will be collated and reviewed within our product development.

If you would like to provide any additional feedback please email [email protected]

Kind Regards
James

Adrian W.

Happy with the system

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Pros

I use the product every day and am happy with the ease of use. Everyone picked it up quickly and the system is working for the business. I don’t have any issues with the system and am going to integrate with my payment provider. I have never had any need to phone the customer support team but know they are there if I need anything.

Cons

I would like to see some improvements to invoicing. In particular I would like to be able to put my company logo on the invoice. Another thing that I have noticed is that when you look at an invoice it generates a new invoice number which does not need to happen when you are purely viewing an existing invoice.

Andrew M.

Very aggressive sales team and after that hell break lose.....Support over stretched and not...

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

The big mouth(sales) does not match the digestive(Support) system. The business seems to have high turnover because you will be dealing with different people all the time and always get the message "So so is no longer here" and you seem to be dealing with different people all the time. The sales advised me it will be good for use even places outside UK. My system has been down for three weeks and have been told someone will come back to you, and that someone will never come back. You phone and sometimes it goes unanswered or is cut.

As one of the directors of the company I had insisted and imposed this system on our company against our employees resistance and sticking to a locally supported product. How embarrassed and have been proved wrong and we are going to our old simple system called 4POS.

Pros

Cloud based and access to real time information on what is happening on the ground. Could access information anyway. The potential to improve other basic utilities on a POS is there

Cons

Hidden costs which become real after purchase. Comes in bits and pieces. Low price comes at a cost. Simple things like uploading information become chargeable through direct debit up.

Amanda W.

Epos Now for new gift store

Reviewed on 06/10/2016

I purchased Epos Now for my new store, and overall I've been extremely satisfied with the program. I purchased the software and hardware (except magnetic strip), and for the price the software is unbeatable. Epos's sales and support team are just a call away 24/7, and have been great to work with.

Pros

The product is really user friendly, and tracks inventory, payroll and taxes. Plus it keeps track of trending products, low stock items, and allows you to run promotions for specific time frames.

Cons

I haven't figured out how to create a promotion that only applies if a customer brings in a coupon I've ran in the local paper. Example: Discount of 15% on any purchase of $35 or more.
I can set up a promotion like this but it will apply to any transaction over $35. The support team at Epos is trying to figure out away around this

Chris & mark D.

Epos Now review

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

was called and informed that changes can be made to the system in due time due to the hard work of the software team.

Pros

Great service, very helpful from purchase to setup and everyday use. Being in the medical field, it's somewhat complicated to find a POS that will allow our business to look clean. Would recommend this product to every busy.

Cons

My only negative is that the miscellaneous products does not have a set cost price that I can attach it to. If it did I would be able to give a better report for the margins for products that aren't sold as frequently.

Jo C.

Awesome - excellent service from sales, to installation, to training.

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

We are extremely happy with our purchase overall. The solution is leagues beyond our previous POS software and the cost to switched worked out to be less that the cost to upgrade.

Pros

It is a very intuitive software. The step by step guide in the back end made the set up easy and tech support was very quick to respond and address any issues that arose. The look and feel of the system is also very modern both from the front till to the back end reporting. Another plus was that the software and hardware came as a package deal and it was the most cost effective option for our organization.

Cons

Setting up invoicing for customers on account is not particularly user friendly, but part of the problem is that we have a unique set up in that we sell services as well as retail products.

Eric M.

Buyer beware!

Reviewed on 20/06/2016

Pros

Nice looking dashboard although buttons are too small and fiddly to press

Cons

Software is extremely glitchy and often just locks up needing a reboot. Vendor claims it is not their software but my iPad browser. (strange how every other app or browser works perfectly without issue)
I bought this because their website inferred that it would interface with Quickbooks which it did not. They talked me into changing my accounts package from quickbooks to Xero at extra per month, but that failed also. When I complained and asked for a refund, they just gave me the run-around passing me from department to department. I am well out of pocket.

Response from Julian

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to review Epos Now. Allow us to address the points raised as follows:

We have no reported issues of problems with our iOS app across our customer base. Please ensure you are running the latest version of iOS and also check the quality of your internet connection as being a cloud based software it requires a certain amount of bandwidth.

We are currently developing a direct intergation with QuickBooks. Until this is complete we offer an integration through “Zapier” which acts as a bridge between Epos Now and QuickBooks. I am sorry to hear the Xero integration isn't working as you had hoped, we have no reports of this affecting our customer base so is an isolated issue. Please provide the best contact details and we will have a senior technician contact you to resolve the issue.

We have over 10,000 happy customers on our platform and this situation is extremely unusual. We want to assist you and resolve all the issues you have highlighted asap.

Please provide the best contact information for the business and we will be in touch.

Kind regards

Alex B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Amari was great and very helpful.

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

Pros

He helped me set up 2 of my printers and fire open my cash drawer. His service was very streamlined and he told me it was his first day, he did a good job for that.

Cons

The whole set up is kind of complicated. It should be simple to just plug up a receipt printer and cash drawer, but my problem is fixed and I know what to do now for future reference.

Shannon C.

My Epos Now

Reviewed on 13/02/2017

The product has most of what I was looking for in a POS system. I looked at and went demos for 4 others and they were all missing so much compared to the cost. Epos Now was affordable and even though there are a few changes I would make, the potential is there. I have been very happy with my system from the product itself to the customer service.

Potential for improvement
Easy to learn

Cons

I wish the system had an actual layaway program so that the monies received for the product were accounted for at the end of the day.
There is no way to figure in the actual cost of a purchase when receiving product for a purchase order
When creating a purchase order it figures tax and adds it to the cost of the purchase order, I do not pay taxes on my purchase at the time of purchase.

Astrid B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

EPOS

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

has helped with house accounts

still really understanding how product works

Pros

it is sequential therefore relatively easy to train individuals

Cons

back end/back of house we have had numerous difficulties with translating information to our finance system

Clayton H.

Very Helpful

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

Pros

Very fast and helpful service, was able to help me install software and get printer and cash drawer back up and running

Cons

I was having problems where I was unable to sign out of a demo account that was made for me, but the agent showed me a work around to avoid that problem in the future.

Kevin M.

Love the support

Reviewed on 23/06/2017

Mineral Springs Resort (Demetrius)

Pros

Issue was resolved without any problems and the agent/associate was very professional and knowledgeable

Cons

Wait times are longer than expected in the afternoon / minor issues with the vantiv terminal sometimes

Brinomar T.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

An easy to use software

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Pros

Easy to access modules. As a beginner, I don't find any trouble navigating and using this software because the things I needed is directly present in the home screen. All I need to do is just click and type.

Andrew B.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Not Impressed

Reviewed on 01/10/2021

I now use a different software. That says it all.

Pros

Reporting was okay and not too difficult to use

Cons

The support that this company offers in North America might be the worst I have experienced interacting with any company. If you are fortunate enough to get through to the UK it is usually okay. If you end up talking to the US support you will get nothing but a headache and waste several hours of your life.

Farkhad H.

Nature's Soul Cafe

Reviewed on 09/06/2017

Pros

Customer service technician helped greatly with all of my issues regarding the Epos staff management.

Cons

I am waiting for the launch of the new updated version of the app which I am told comes in July

Imran M.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Very Disappointing with Epos Now tie you into paying a monthly subscription if not paid you are

Reviewed on 03/04/2017

We would never use Epos now again just waiting for the cleverly worded contract to finish. They are very good convincing to purchase their system and them tell you later that you have to pay the subscrption to have access to the back office. Very sneaky company. Stay away

Pros

Everything is great IF you pay a monthly fee

Cons

They tie you into paying a monthly subscription if not paid you are blocked from the Back Office of the system, we have also been waiting for the pictures to be added on the till and we are still since March 2016.

Derick L.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Worst POS you can get out there. Beware of the trouble after you sign up.

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

Probably one of the worst POS service out there. We still not open yet and they keep sending us charges. After we called in for many months, the customer service finally have someone reach to refund some of the charge. They assure us that there won't be any charge until we open. This month they send us another charge again. We emailed their customer relation, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to get those charge remove and no respond from them.

If you own a business, do you want to wait days or weeks to get a respond from a POS service? They locked us in for two years and won't let us cancel the service so we will be dealing with these horrible service for a while. We would not recommend going with Epos now no matter how cheap they offer you. Beware of the trouble ahead with this company.

Pros

It's the cheapest choice compare to the other competitor. Probably the reason why they don't have good customer service.

Cons

The worst customer service ever. Very challenging to get a human on the phone for help. Save yourself the trouble and get a different one.

Clover, Upserve and Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

I saw an ad on Instagram and it was on Sales.