ClockShark

Destyny
Destyny

We love ClockShark

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

I love ClockShark. We actually had ClockShark in 2019 and left for ADP in 2020… then came back 3 months later because nothing compares to ClockShark.

Pros

I love the customizable tasks, it allows me to run reports based upon locations. This helps us control costs

Cons

Wish it could accommodate different time zones. Use have two separate accounts since were in multiple time zones

Angel
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

My Rewview

Reviewed on 18/05/2020

Overall works great for our line of work my techs are able to log in every time keeps a clean record of the hours worked easy to approve the time.

Pros

Since we had technicians I need to know where they are all the time I like the fact that it will show me the entire route for the day.

Cons

The GPS does not give me an update per minute on the same day.

WebTitan, Time Tracker and TimeClick

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

My techs were having problems not able to log in, some of my techs had to reset their password every week and every time I called tech support they could not find the problem or they would create a ticket to have a more season tech review and no one ever got back to us.

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Some of them were overpriced and require a year subscription and they would deduct on a monthly basis and if I cancel they would prorate it and return the difference. The other did not have a good GPS program and would not record the entire day if they ever lost their internet on the phone.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Angel!

We appreciate the review. Glad to hear that you enjoy ClockShark's GPSTrak feature to see where your employees are at during the day. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Neil

Overkill for me but still useful

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

ClockShark has at a minimum sharpened up our day to day timekeeping. Since as a boss I can check to see if the guys are diligent in recording their hours, they rarely are trying to “remember what they did on Monday” on Friday when they need to band in timesheets for the week

Pros

I need a stripped down version of this. I don’t/won’t use many of the features behind the simple time keeping app entered manually end of day

Cons

How I’m paying as much as we do for as little of it that we use

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Neil! We appreciate the feedback! We'd be interested to learn what features you use and see if any of the additional features that are available could be helpful to speed up any of your current business processes. Please submit your feedback to our customer support team at [email protected]!

Nicole

Great Program and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Pros

We really like how easy it is for our employees to use ClockShark. The mobile app is simple and user friendly for an employee and manager. We switched from an app that was very difficult for managers to use, and now they are thrilled at the usability of this app. I also really enjoy how easy it is to process payroll. The time off requests features were able to fit our needs perfectly, which is where our other app also fell short. We really like the notifications for clocking in/out, as well as alerts when there is missing time.

Cons

I wish that the time was shown in quarter hours instead of hours and minutes. I chose rounding to the quarter hour for times; however, all times are shown in hours and minutes which means I have to translate that. Also, I wish that the timesheet showed cumulative hours in real time, just so we could keep up wi6th hours as they are being worked, instead of waiting until the end of the day.

ADP Workforce Now

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Geotracking was the main reason. Our technicians work in the field, so tracking where they are clocking in/out of is important to our company.
Jacob

Coming from someone who can barely use a phone

Reviewed on 01/11/2021

Pros

I'm the kind of person that will manually write down every hour an employee worked onto a piece of paper, get a calculator out and then input that into my payroll. Clockshark helped save countless hours of timetracking, estimating, payroll, and many, many mistakes made along the way.

Cons

All of the different features and pages were quite overwhelming at first seeing as I'm not the kind of person that can just open software and figure out how to use it. It took me a while to realize that the pop-ups are actual people who genuinely want to help you use the software and succeed. Once someone showed me how to use all the pages it was a breeze!

Jobber

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

I couldn't figure out how to use the other product and clockshark employees were more helpful.

it suited my needs more
Tristan

Best In Class

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

I've been extremely satisfied and impressed with ClockShark, from everything to its functionality, to it's customer service. I'd highly recommend it to any company with employees.

Pros

ClockShark makes scheduling and time tracking easy and enjoyable with their great functionality and incredible customer service.

Cons

A very minor complaint is that the software typically takes a bit longer to perform routine tasks such as scheduling and timecard approvals when compared to some of its competitors that I've used in the past.

Timesheets.com and Homebase

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

After Intuit bought T-Sheets, there was a steep drop-off in customer service, and some technical issues started to arise that were concerning.

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

ClockShark was superior in almost every aspect, and their customer service was extremely impressive.
Jessica

Best Software for Any Company!

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

This solved my time tracking issues with my staff, its easy to use and very efficient. Scheduling jobs has also been easy and great using this software.

Pros

The product is easy to use and has multi purpose features for customizing your needs. I love the hour to minute time tracking as other apps I've used has decimals to minutes that confuse my staff. Additionally I love that you are able to add pictures along with clock in/out, helps greatly with tracking and record keeping.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software, its amazing!

Paycor

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

I was unable to customize the use of ximble with my company's needs and they do not have the option of hour to minute time tracking which was causing issues with my staff and understanding.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

It had easier use, better features, better customize options and a better price.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the 5/5 star review! So glad to hear that you are enjoying the many features that ClockShark has to offer, such as the GPSTrak Feature. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Robert

Nice

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

Pros

Time tracking and Goe fencing. Nice features

Cons

Converting hours to invoice. Also converting quotes to invoice via mobile devices

ExakTime

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Streets would not work at times

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Too complicated for my guys in the field and we're just starting their mobile clocking.

Response from ClockShark

Hi, Robert! Thank you for the review. We'd like to learn more about what issues you're experiencing when using our quotes and invoice feature. Our customer support team may be able to help! Please contact them at [email protected].

Almost perfect for a simple all in one solution

Reviewed on 08/12/2021

Pros

Easy to use. Clean and simple user interface. Reliable. Have not experienced server downtown whereas we have often with other apps. Employee schedule is very useful especially with being able to see the roster in the Y-axis and the week's days in the X-axis. Customer support is very helpful and fast at responding. Customer support really makes this company/software stand out.

Cons

Better project management features. For example, gantt charts, to-do lists, and template building. Managing job sites is also very difficult past a couple dozen. It would be amazing to bulk edit e.g. select multiple job sites and edit details such as Client information or group them together under a category/group/folder.

Connecteam and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

For simplicity. Team working in the field already had familiarity with clocking time on the mobile app.
Devendra Kumar
Devendra Kumar
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

"Revolutionize Your Employee Time tracking with ClockShark Software:A Game-Changer for Your...

Reviewed on 02/04/2023

In my experience with ClockShark, it has proven to be a popular and efficient time-tracking software for companies that employ remote or mobile workers. The platform is equipped with a wide range of features such as clock-in and out, scheduling, time tracking, and project management tools that are very useful for managers. Additionally, ClockShark can be easily integrated with popular payroll and accounting software like QuickBooks, ADP, and Gusto. Users have reported a positive experience with the user-friendly interface, video tutorials, and knowledge base. However, some users have had challenges with the mobile app's GPS tracking and syncing data. The software also lacks invoicing capabilities, which may be an issue for some businesses. Despite these limitations, ClockShark remains a widely used and effective time-tracking software.

Pros

I can attest to the numerous impactful features that make it a popular choice. The mobile time tracking feature is particularly useful, allowing employees to track their time on the go using their mobile devices. I also appreciate the real-time reporting feature, which enables managers to access up-to-date information on employee time and attendance. Additionally, the vacation/leave tracking feature helps me manage employee time off requests and ensures adequate staffing.What I find most impressive are the product's user-friendly interface and straightforward navigation. ClockShark also provides excellent customer support, with responsive and helpful representatives available to assist with any questions or issues.Integration with existing business processes can vary depending on organizational needs. Nevertheless, ClockShark offers several integrations with popular software platforms like QuickBooks and ADP, which helps to streamline workflows and reduce data entry time.Overall, ClockShark is a comprehensive and dependable time-tracking solution that caters to businesses of all sizes.

Cons

In my experience, some common issues with ClockShark include difficulty with the mobile app, especially when it comes to GPS tracking and syncing data. The integration process can also be challenging, particularly with custom data mappings. Moreover, some users have reported that the software lacks invoicing capabilities, which can be a disadvantage for some businesses.

Andualem
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Efficient Time Tracking Made Easy

Reviewed on 05/03/2023

I had a experience using ClockShark software for my small business. It was easy to set up and use, and I appreciated the range of features it offered. The mobile app was especially useful for tracking time while out of the office.

Pros

1.User-friendly interface makes it easy to navigate and use2.Offers a wide range of features, including time tracking, scheduling, and reporting3.Integrates with popular payroll and accounting software, such as QuickBooks and ADP4.Offers mobile app for on-the-go time tracking5.Excellent customer support with helpful resources and quick response times

Cons

1.Limited customization options for reports and invoices2.No automatic overtime calculation feature3.Can be slightly more expensive compared to other time tracking software options

Response from ClockShark

Hi, thanks so much for your review! ClockShark does offer automatic overtime calculation! Please contact our customer support team at [email protected] so our team can walk you through the setup. As for the customization of reports and invoices, we'd love to know what options we can add in order to make them more useful for your business. Please provide this feedback to our customer support team and they can make sure it is seen by our development team as well!

David

easy peasy

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Pros

clockshark is by far the easies to set up and use. my employees had no trouble transfering from another software that we were using to clocksharks, it was MUCH easier and user friendly. I love the software and it really has made life easier keeping track of my 30+ employees. I give it a 10 out of 10

Cons

off hand i cant think of any..... i would have to ask my accountant, i do know there is a couple of minor things that i would like to see but my memory fails me right now

Nick

Residential Home Builder / Remodeler

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Very satisfied with Clock Shark

Very satisfied with Clock Shark

Pros

We choose Clock Shark because of the GPS tracking; employees don't get paid if not on the clock and if they are on the clock we can tell exactly where they are and where they went.

Cons

It's a bit glitchy on cheap phones. Often signs your employees out if they leave the geo-fence without switching to a task that allows them to leave the project.

James

Honest review from somewhat new user

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Pros

It is very user friendly and connects with Sage 100 contractor through the Ryvit connector. It is also cheaper than other options and they don't try to sell you on HR or other functions really. All about time tracking and hours reporting.

Cons

There are some features that could be better. For example, scheduling I would like to see the availability to only pick cost codes that are in the budget. Similarly, when switching cost codes administratively for a field employee that picked the wrong one, I'd like to see only the budgeted cost codes. Lastly, there should be a way to remove inactive cost codes. We have a ton that are no longer used and I want to remove them from CS entirely.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

It is very user friendly and budget friendly. It integrates well with our accounting software (via an add-in). CS also is exactly what we're looking for: a time tracking software to job cost employees' hours. They aren't trying to sell us on a bunch of other products.
Mario

Glad we switched!

Reviewed on 28/02/2023

We needed to switch to another timekeeping company all of a sudden, and I'm glad we chose ClockShark! The clocking in and our process is more direct and streamlined, our employees have started commenting they prefer this to our last product! The staff are great and were incredibly friendly and helpful- [sensitive content hidden] walked me every step of the way, [sensitive content hidden] on the online chat was informative in answering my questions. I look forward to working with our new account manager [sensitive content hidden]!

Pros

Super user-friendly, easy set up, very affordable!! Staff were all helpful and friendly!

Cons

None that I can think of, been very happy with my decision to switch to ClockShark!

Workyard

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Pricing, the limited options in their payment plans and the lack of response from our account manager at a critical time were factors in deciding to switch.

ExakTime

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

Quick response and friendly service
Jem Carlo
  • Industry: Banking

ClockShark Review from FSMDB

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

We are still on process of the wire transfer.

We are still on process of the wire transfer.

Pros

It is user-friendly. What caught my eye is the Kiosk.

Cons

It is very expensive which cost the delay for the approval.

OnTheClock.com, Buddy Punch and Connecteam

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

• Adjustments – In every pay period, there would be at least three or more-time adjustments especially for those staff forgetting to time in or out. This event caused too many miscalculations of hours and eventually lead to inaccurate summary report. The system does not have the option to edit the time for the adjustments. HR will have to seek IT for assistance by accessing the backend of the system and deleting the inaccurate time. This is not advisable as it can lead to disruption of the entire system due to access of the backend. • Leaves – In order to record leaves, HR will have to manually input the month, day, year, second, minute and hour of each employee twice from the starting date of the leave (FROM) and to the ending date of the leave (TO).

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

We had a good marketing specialist who provided everything we needed to know.
Jody
  • Industry: Consumer Services

ClockShark for Lawn Care Business

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

Very good with no glitches to speak of so far.

Very good with no glitches to speak of so far.

Pros

Easy to use. My guys are not good with computers but they can figure this out.

Cons

Integration with quickbooks can be a learning curve but do not hesitate to get in touch with their awesome support staff. They fixed me right up.

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

My guys couldnt figure out how to use clockify.

Clockify

Reasons for Switching to ClockShark

costs and seemed easier to use. We are a field service so it worked better for us.

Response from ClockShark

Hello Jody,

Thanks for the 5-star review. So glad to hear that ClockShark is easy for you and your employees to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing [email protected]! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Tommie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Clock Shark - Great Functionality and Awesome Customer Support

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

It has been GREAT. A sales rep communicated with me even though I was doing my research over the Christmas holidays. They have been a great support from the day we signed on.

Pros

Clock Shark's best feature is the staff. They have fast response times. They're people are always courteous, helpful, supportive, and pro-active. During the 5 months we have been using the program, someone from their staff will reach out through IM or email just to check in. I also love the "chat" feature to get quick responses without having to be on hold waiting to speak to someone.
They have also asked for feedback on the product specifically around features we would like to see added. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to give that feedback.

Cons

Reports - I would like to have to option to customize fields in certain reports such as time tracking.
Geolocation - Although I don't see it as often, I still see on occasion where a staff member's location wasn't logged. If it is because they turned off their location, I want to either be notified or have them logged out. It doesn't always happen.
Timesheet entries (real time) - I would like to be able to enter a time sheet and check it as still working so the employee can then go in and clock out for lunch and end of day. It would help eliminate a follow up to get the time activity for the whole day.

Donna

Frustration with time & attendance for a small business

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

I use Clock Shark's time & attendance software for our hourly & salaried employees in the office & field (not commissioned sales personnel). My search for finding this software was a result of being frustrated from an administrative standpoint of dealing with the paper timesheet for many years. No matter what changes I would implement to make procedures more stream-lined, it was difficult to get the results I wanted. Over the course of several years, I had researched and found many time & attendance software systems which would accommodate our needs. However, the costs for the software and maintenance were not feasible for a company our size - small. In 2015 I finally found Clock Shark that met my criteria - affordable, intuitive for the end user, receive timesheets on time to meet payroll, and job-costed correctly 98% of the time. I also discovered that the bonus of this software app was it integrated with Quickbooks payroll and has the capability to GPS track. After a few weeks of test runs with the app last October, I implemented the software on Jan 1 of this year. While there were some minor hiccups at the transition to this new system (mostly user errors), overall it performed well and eliminated most of my administrative frustrations dealing with the timesheet. The by-product of transitioning to this system was that it held everyone accountable and lowered our payroll costs. Since implementing the software, it has made my life easier for payroll and job costing purposes. The other unseen benefit is the ability to check on where your employees are or what they are working on while you are out of the office anywhere in the world that has internet service. It proved to work well when I traveled to Europe this summer. Even though we have a good staff and trust them, I was curious to see what would happen while I was out of town. I quit looking after a few days when I realized everyone was being held accountable to the time & attendance software. And even if I never did look, I had the ability to look at the time clock punch entries at a later time if something was questionable. I'm getting close to a year of using this software app, and overall it has taken away a lot of frustration I was experiencing with timesheets. I've been very happy with Clock Shark overall.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, job cost tracking

Leslie

Straightforward time clock software with easy-to-use app

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Saves us money and streamlined our timesheet process, plus integrates with our accounting/payroll software for more specificity in job costing.

Pros

It integrates with Quickbooks! It saves us a lot of staff hours to not have to manually enter time on each employee each week. This is especially true since we have to tie nearly all staff hours directly to the customer and job they were working on, which often is multiple jobs per employee per day. The app is easy to use, so our crew leaders are able to make sure their crew clocks in and out on the job, even when they're on the go and running from one job to another.

Cons

It took a little while to get everything set up just right so that ClockShark would work with all of our other systems and processes, but customer service was helpful and responsive through the process. Once we got it set up right, it's been smooth sailing. Definitely saves us money overall and helps us keep job costing reports accurate since all staff hours can be tied directly to the job they were working on.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, Leslie! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with ClockShark here on Capterra! Glad to hear everything is going so well, and that you're saving time and money using automated time tracking w/ QuickBooks!

We'll be sure to pass along your compliments to our Customer Success team. They'll appreciate your shout out, and of course, they're always happy to help if you need them. :)

Glad to have you as part of the ClockShark team, Leslie! Have a wonderful rest of your day!

-Morgan @ ClockShark-

Keiko

Pro Co Painting - ClockShark Review

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

AMAZING! The software is incredible and so is their customer support. If there is ever any new features, questions or changes a team member from ClockShark is readily available to describe and help. The software is reliable, user friendly and affordable. We love ClockShark and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a scheduling or time tracking software.

Pros

Our favourite part about the software is the scheduling app and time tracking. We use it for all of our employees to ensure they know their schedules, where their job sites and that they get paid properly.

Cons

ClockShark is continuously improving, there is nothing I dislike about ClockShark.

VeriClock

Reasons for Choosing ClockShark

Need of a better scheduling app

Overall product offerings

Response from ClockShark

Hi Keiko!

Thank you so much for the glowing 5-star review! I'm happy to know the scheduling, timetracking and customer support have been so helpful. It's always a pleasure seeing your name in these reviews, it means we're doing something right. Thank you for your continued support, we appreciate you and your company to the max!

David
  • Industry: Legal Services

I have tried several different time trackers since I opened my business and this is the best.

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

The ability to easily track employee hours. They can add notes and even attachments when using the app. The software works with Quickbooks and makes it easy to export time sheets directly into Quickbooks.

Pros

I like the ability to designate which jobs different employees can access. The software has gotten better over time and the owner/developer is very responsive and obviously cares about the quality of their product. They continually ask what users want to see added and have instituted changes I (and many others) asked for. Employees are reminding to clock in and out when they hit designated geofences. I use this for my office staff as well as my investigators who work in the field.

Cons

I really don't have any issues with this software. Maybe the ability for the software to text message reminders as well as send push notifications would be nice.

Response from ClockShark

Hey, David. Thanks for sharing your review of ClockShark here on Capterra. It's the perfect forum for sharing what you'd like to see added to the product, and we love your feedback. The suggestion to have a text message reminder is one we get frequently, so I'll add your support to that idea in our Voting Page so it can get more traction.

I love to hear that the GPS Fences are reminding employees to clock in and out from the field, and that you've noticed all the many improvements we're continually making to get ClockShark even better for you. We appreciate your letting us support your company. If you ever need anything, please let us know. All the best, David! -Morgan-

Kayla
  • Industry: Automotive

ClockShark in the Workplace

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

Clock shark is very easy for companies who are more geared towards using electronics. My company uses iPads for everything so clocking in on your phone every day just makes sense.

Pros

Using ClockShark is incredibly easy. I love that our employees can edit their own time if they have forgotten to clock out. It’s also incredibly helpful that you can leave notes for each clock in. In my industry where I have technicians riding in different vehicles daily, the notes feature really helps me track my guys and know where they are for the day. I would definitely recommend to others.

Cons

I wish selecting a task when you clock in was auto saved.

Response from ClockShark

Hi Kayla! Thank you so much for the five star review! We're happy to hear that you and your employees love ClockShark. Thank you for your feedback! The tasks are not neccesarily autosaved but it should display the most recently used jobs/task at the very top so its fast to select! You can adjust your mobile settings to enable more recently used jobs if you'd like, by going to the left pop out menu > settings > listing sort & recent items > then adjust the recent items amount. If you're envisioning the auto-save to work a little differently we welcome your suggestion and you can reach out to [email protected] to relay your idea directly to an engineer!

Melanie

One of the best business management tools we have

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Pros

Easily track employee time, create time reports by employee or job. No more need to text an employee an address - it's on a Clockshark. No more unreadable or late time sheets. Time is tracked not only by job and location, but by task. This has enabled us to have more accurate billing on time and material jobs. We are also able run reports that show time for different activities, which helps with insurance reports. At any time of the day I can logon from my desk top and see a map of where our employees are working, and what time they clocked in. Clockshark is constantly updating features, adding to the value of the software.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues with clocking in or out when employees are out of cell service. Most of the time, though, they are able to update their time once they are back in service. It would be nice to have OT hours in a separate line item on job reports. One of the best things about Clockshark is the customer service. Think of your very worst customer service experience with other software (Quickbooks, for example) and then imagine the polar opposite -- that's Clockshark. Every so often there are user suggestions that we are able to vote on, and Clockshark has implemented many of these since we began using the software.

John
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Finally my workers and I agree on a solution - this works!!

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

I'm still learning about the Reports... but, they seem to be pretty good. I can use these to export all of my T&M work and be able to report by job name, and then I get totals which I can put on the invoice. The "notes" are really good. They print out on the reports too.

Pros

Quick deployment, easy to add jobs, add tasks, see who is working, and when they get there, GPS integration. I did NO training whatsoever and my employees all got it easily (ages between 35 and 75). Overall this has worked nicely, being able to see the interface and everything is pretty nice and I like using it. I currently have it set to take their GPS location when they clock in, and again when they clock out. Not actively tracking them all day, however, the GeoFence is something I would likely use going forward, to see if anyone leaves the job site and does not report their time off site. Feature-rich!!

Cons

Could use more reminders, it does send them though, but people still forget to clock out or take lunch. The "attach photos" link does not always work inside the app. It won't attach existing photos, but it will upload new photos from the camera.

Response from ClockShark

Hi John!
Thank you for your thorough 5 star review! I'm glad everything is working smoothly for you and your employees.

We appreciate the feedback! I can absolutely submit it to the developers, but I believe this is something we might provide in the future! In the meantime, for lunch break reminders employees can set their own customized alarms right from the mobile app (left pop out menu> settings> employee reminders). The photos can be due to a few different settings on the device, and it's usually an easy fix! I would be more than happy to help you get this resolved. Feel free to reach out to 1-800-828-0689. We look forward to hearing from you!