Booksy

Write a Review!
One solution for managing your calendar and your business.

4.2/5
4.2/5
4.3/5
4.3/5

Charles

GAME CHANGER!

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

Anytime I’ve has problems, the team have been prompt in responding with a solution everytime

Pros

I’m able to book clients and make money in my sleep

Cons

Be great if Australian customers could pay for their bookings through Booksy

Chandra

Good basic system

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Customer service had gone down hill but overall the system is pretty solid

Customer service had gone down hill but overall the system is pretty solid

Pros

Ease of use marketing too easy adjustments

Cons

Inability to retract unfair reviews and better customization to text marketing as well as web integration

Square Appointments

Reasons for Switching to Booksy

Initial price but now Booksy has increased so I may go back snd can compare again
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Booksy seems to be too understaffed and overwhelmed to be as effective as it can

Reviewed on 04/05/2022

I hate the fact that I'm stuck using this awful company (if I jumped ship I would lose the hundereds of reviews that I had amassed while I was using Genbook). Booksy clearly got greedy by acquiring a competitor and instead of boosting up its staffing to handle the numerous bugs in its software as well as the influx of all the new customers from the competitor, they choose to go cheap with keeping its domestic staff lean (which I'm sure is terrible for morale) and contracting with ill-trained overseas customer support who are essentially useless when it comes to addressing the very real flaws in its system.

Pros

Good effort that they offer videos and webinars to help users navigate how to use Booksy. Too bad that those videos and webinars tend to be general and vague, and when there are specific questions and issues (or problems we run into that we point out) they are simply not addressed. I like that someone from Booksy reached out to me as a new customer after being migrated from Genbook to help me with my questions, but that was only for a period of a month and now that there are still ongoing questions and issues I need help with that person no longer responds. I know that it is due to the fact that the staffer is constantly being given new accounts as the old ones "age out" but it is indicative of how this business prioritizes profits from account volume rather than maintaining a robust, unassailable product with good customer service.

Cons

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Booksy touts offering support by phone (except they are so short staffed that the wait time is interminable), email (response rate is about several weeks), and 24/7 chat (response rate several hours for a reply, and oftentimes the overseas support person is not equipped to provide an answer or solution and when that is the case then they just ghost the conversation. Here is an example of a typical exchange. Me: Please help me w/ this problem accessing the waitlist, namely the fact that there does not seem to be one period. Booksy: The waiting list works so that it is only displayed if there is at least one free slot in business. Please check if the slot is available, then it should be working fine! Me: What do you mean that the waiting list works only so that it is only displayed if there is at least one free slot in business? The whole point of the waiting list is so that if all the slots are currently booked, whoever is on the waitlist is notified if the slot they want becomes available. Please explain b/c Booksy's waitlist does not make sense to me. Booksy: no response

Response from Booksy

We are sorry the transition to Booksy from Genbook did not meet your expectation. It is never our intention to leave anyone with questions and we appreciate you sticking with us. We've made strides to improve response times on the phone and in the in-app chat. If you find yourself with a question please reach out so we can assist.

Revolutionary product that makes life easier

Reviewed on 31/07/2022

It brings the supply and demand together in the market. I guess the simplest description can be this. Finding a place with the service I need and making an appointment has never been so easy.

Pros

First of all, great idea and product. It solves a big problem for everyone in everyday life. I can't express enough how Booksy improved my life quality by making appointments and reservations in the most simplified way. Moreover, it allows me to make a more informed decision as I can see other reviews. Filters and sorting helps a lot. I can't imagine my life now without Booksy.

Cons

I am a long term user so I can say that at the beginning UI/UX was not as intuitive. However, they do release product updates and improve the tool so I can't really complain.

Response from Booksy

Thank you for the feedback! We love hearing from our long-time users and we're so glad our improvements have made a difference for you and your Booksy app experience.

• Industry: Human Resources

Definitely the best tool to book your haidresser!

Reviewed on 22/05/2021

Perfect! The mobile app works amazing and I can't imagine using another tool. Good job Booksy team!

Pros

I use this tool daily to book hairdressers, groomers, barber,s and beauticians. It works perfectly for me as I can choose time and place and price or reschedule and I don't have to call each place every time.

Cons

Not all the places are available at Booksy, but I hope it's only a matter of time. Apart from that everything works well for me!

Response from Booksy

Thanks for letting us know that your enjoying Booksy to book your services. We're so glad to hear it.

Small Business Savior

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

Booksy is one of the three main components of my business' smooth start and quick success. Eliminating a Receptionist and now having direct access to my clients scheduling needs has allowed me to satisfy my clients and grown my business. Without Booksy owning my own business would definitely not be as easy, lucrative or enjoyable as it has been.

Pros

My clients, age range from teenagers to elderly, can easily navigate the software on whether on the Booksy App or Booksy.com.

Cons

I reviewed, downloaded and tried 5 different booking software/Apps before I chose Booksy. I have yet to find an aspect of Booksy I do not like.

Dwight
Dwight

Must have

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

Really good keeping up with analysis. So overall it's a valuable resource and must need.

Pros

The function on payment. I can charge a will or make clients prepay.

Cons

The freeze up at time and scheduling update load slow.

Kathryn Zochert
Kathryn Zochert
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Where is their support staff?

Reviewed on 18/03/2022

I was forced over to this product when GenBook was purchased. The support is terrible. It takes at least an hour to get a response from the chat, and sometimes, I get NO response even by the next day. Their online videos are useless to a new user who is just trying to switch over. Everything seems focused on salon usage, which is not how I use it.

Pros

I like that I can create a document to be completed by my clients right online when they create an appointment

Cons

I have no idea where or how to find the features I am used to. Documentation is lacking.

Response from Booksy

Thank you for the feedback! We never want to leave anyone feeling like they can't get in touch with us. Checkout out our webinar series specifically for Genbook users coming to Booksy. They are a great platform to ask questions, get answers, and engage with the Booksy team.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Great booking software

Reviewed on 22/03/2022

booksy has great customer support so i am always able to get help with any features i do not understand

Pros

Covers everything i need with great customer support and with boosky boost for new clients

Cons

missing the ability to save emails to send to clients

Response from Booksy

Thank you for this great review! We're so glad you're enjoying using Booksy, that Boost is helping you find new clients in our Marketplace, and that our support team has been able to provide guidance when you have questions.

Michaela

Like a personal PA

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

They have 24/7 chat available so anytime I need to ask there is support.

They have 24/7 chat available so anytime I need to ask there is support.

Pros

Easy to use for me and client end. Message blast, easy acces to clients profile.

Cons

Creating double profile by clients when they set different email address when logging in.

Priscilla

The worst app and business owners should be aware

Reviewed on 16/03/2022

I hate that Genbook merged with Booksy, they couldn’t have picked such a terrible software. Customer service is horrible, please don’t respond with “get in touch with [email protected]” because I ALREADY have and yet no response, mind you this was last week. My bank account has not been verified after almost 1 week and a half and I’ve been sending over numerous documents but nothing. I NEED to talk to someone over this issue because I’m potentially losing a lot of money especially with no shows. Don’t even get my started on every client has to give a deposit? Or at least that’s what I was told on the chat. Oh, and the chat.. you ask a question on the chat and get a response HOURS later.. like Business owners have that time? Anyways, these are my main points, I can go on. If you do respond, please let me know how I can get a refund since I paid Genbook.

Pros

I wish I could give them a pro but nothing

Cons

Pretty much everything a business owner can dislike about a app feature

Genbook

Reasons for Switching to Booksy

I did not choose Booksy, Genbook merged with them which was absolutely awful.

Response from Booksy

We're so sorry you've had this experience. You might check out our Genbook x Booksy webinar series. There, you can ask Booksy experts questions as they show you how to use the software.

Not impressed with support

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Pros

Somewhat similar to Genbook. Still trying to learn and navigate my way around.

Cons

The support! I previously had Genbook for 6 yrs, and had to switch over to Booksy because they are combining. With making the change I had to verify my bank account to receive online payments to protect from no shows. Apart of the process is uploading a bank statement with my account number and bank logo. My account can’t be verified so I’m blocked. I reach out to support and they tell me wait 24 hours. Okay I do, still blocked. Then I reach out again, I need to upload a bank statement again. So I have. At this point I can’t tell you how many times I’ve uploaded my bank statement and checks to prove I am the account holder. I reach out to support trying to get help and I get left with no help. I call support in the phone. Talked to one gentleman who heard my frustration and said he would try pushing the matter with who ever is in charge of verification. Nothing happens still blocked. I reach out to support again through chat, the person I talked to didn’t help me at all. Would tell me he’ll be right back and contacted me the next day saying the same thing, I need to upload bank statements and to let him know when I did. I followed instructions to later receive a message from him “ thanks for reaching out, if you need any further assistance don’t hesitate to reach out to support” and the chat was ended. Once again, no help. I called support again, no one was available, I tried to even cancel my subscription and no one was available for me to talk to.

Response from Booksy

We're sorry your experience switching to Booksy has been less-than-stellar! It is never our intention deliver a bad experience. Card processing requires very specific information to verify, and any small discrepancy can prevent an account from being verified. Contact us at [email protected] so we can look into your account specifically.

Chantelle

Best Software

Reviewed on 29/09/2019

I love it. Its awesome! And the help is always friendly even when you have silly questions they are always willing to help.

Pros

I have used booksy a long time ago when they just started, then went back on the books and paper for a while, then they came to see me and i saw so many upgrades and features, i dont use any other apps, they are the best of the best in salon business, i can do anything and everything i need to. Amazing software, easy and user friendly. I LOVE IT!

Cons

I Have nothing negative to say.
Except for the gallery could be easier to use....
if you click on a pic and want to go back it takes you to the top again. if you could go back and stay where you are that would be great otherwise you have to keep scrolling down. or if they could add in sections in the gallery like example.. in the salon business. say you have a full service salon. in one folder Nails, in another folder , Hair, ect. that would be awesome. or to categorize the peoples images in the salon. for example.... (Me) Chantelle and all my images under my name in a folder separate from Dee or sons images. so that way everyone creates their own profiles.

Romy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Worst booking system ever used

Reviewed on 06/03/2023

Overall it was awful. I was billed incorrectly for a system error that was made and then my account got disabled. As a salon relying on appointments being able to operate I was left in an awful situation. I tried numerous attempts for assistance and I just got sent around in circles. Their system error had detrimental effects to my business and there was zero acknowledgment of this or apology.

Pros

Aesthetically pleasing. It’s hard for me to find pros as I am so dissatisfied overall.

Cons

Terrible customer support. System errors and nobody to assist. They do not care about their customers!

Lisa

Dynamic Booking App

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

I have gained clientele because Booksy allows people to search barbers in their particular area. No more overwhelming text & calls about appointment schedules. Booksy is great in so many ways, I don't have enough time or space to explain why I love this app!

Pros

The ease of using Booksy is amazing. My clients like the reminders & the option to book right from their phone. I like that I can show pictures, create flyers, allow my clients to book through Instagram, and the list goes on. I definitely chose the right booking app.

Cons

The waiting list to connect to my bank.

Crystal

Great for ones who work alone.

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

My over all experience using this app is great I just don't really like you can't see what is pending to be deposited into your account I do not like that you cannot set a lunch time continuously and I am very upset that they took away the bounce back text messages but over all it's a great app to utilize if you work alone.

Pros

The pros of this software is that your clients can book 24 hours A-day 7 days a week with out a phone call you can apply a cancelation policy You can describe your services in full you can add a question that they have to answer before they can book that service it's a completely well rounded thought out software for someone who works alone.

Cons

I do not like that they took away the bounce back text messages so when someone would call and you couldn't get to the phone it would send them a text message where they could book their appointments I don't like that you can't set a set lunch time. And I do not like that you cannot see pending deposits. The way they have it set up is confusing

Elizabeth

Horrible Experience

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Terrible. Please see "cons" section for details.

Terrible. Please see "cons" section for details.

Pros

Honestly, this was a terrible experience for our small business. We had been using Genbook, which was fine, but then they were bought out by Booksy and we were forced to switch.

Cons

Where do I start? It was difficult and clumsy for our therapists to manage their own schedules, both on the mobile app and on the desktop. Customers were not able to search for appointments with a specific therapist, and we were getting constant negative feedback from customers. You are not able to prevent last minute cancellations unless you sign up for payment processing with them, which is ridiculous. Also, we had very little control over certain settings: I had to call Booksy just to adjust our reminder notifications! Customer support was not great, particularly with the "chat" function. I often had to wait up to 15 minutes to get a response. Even cancelling this product was difficult! It had to be done over the phone, and I've called multiple times to try to stop them from continuing to send appointment reminders to customers even after we cancelled. This is still going on.

Response from Booksy

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We're sorry Booksy did not meet your expectations as you transitioned from another software. We'd be happy to help implement Booksy and smooth out your transition if you like, just reach out to our 24/7 support via the in-app chat.

Kate

Booksy - for the Solo Barber

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Great , easy to use product with some fantastic tools to make managing your business easier so you can focus on your customers.

Pros

I love being able to manage my diary and appointments on the go, create stylish advertising content, get reviews to boost your Brand. The deposit scheme is great if no shows are causing issues for your shop, and I found I built better relationships with clients for tracking their info and keeping better notes.

Cons

Sometimes making changes to working days / hours etc seems long winded and wasn't smooth running, but as long as you check carefully changes ae correct, I got there in the end.

Response from Booksy

Thanks for taking the time to leave this great review. We're so glad you're finding Booksy a valuable asset in running your business.

Freddy

Best booking serving

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Never had a problem what so ever. Would like a few changes on certain things but I love booksy.

Pros

How convenient it is for both the public and myself.

Cons

No complaints. Never had a problem with it.

Sadie

Best Booking Service!!

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

My overall experience with booksy has been awesome! Their customer service is quick and has my satisfaction in their forefront.

Pros

There is no back-and-forth conversation with the clients that are wanting to book. They simply go on there, they look for my open spots, they find the service they want and the app tells them whether there is enough time on that day for That particular service. They request to book it, I confirm it, and email is sent to them… Or a text… And then they are booked! It is as easy and simple as that!

Cons

If I had to look for a “Con” I would say that sometimes the clients don’t realize that I have to confirm the appointment. I have had one person come in thinking that she had an appointment when she had requested it late the night before and I didn’t see it to confirm it or decline.

Lafe

appointments made easy

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

This has made appointment setting very easy for my clients and I dont have to do anything but look at my schedule each day.

Pros

very easy to use for both the business and the client

Cons

can be confusing to clients when multiple employees are taking appointments

Square Appointments

Reasons for Switching to Booksy

square wasn't very user friendly.
Jessa

Easy & Convenient. Time saving.

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Less on my phone just to deal with clients. MORE clients

Less on my phone just to deal with clients. MORE clients

Pros

Clients get to book their appointment right through their phone anytime of the day. No waiting time for reply backs and miss calls, vice versa. Appointment reminders are amazing! There are no excuses for clients to "forget" their rendez-vous. I love the review options where my clients gets a notification to review my service right after. I like to use the Message Blast options for up coming promotions I offer..... I LOVE everything about Booksy! It made my life way more easy and convenient! My clients love it too!

Cons

The payments through the app isn't eligible in Canada yet! That's the only con for me. I'm waiting for the payment option to be eligible.

Kariem
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Glass cuts by Memphis

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

It’s a great app just has a few quirks to work out

It’s a great app just has a few quirks to work out

Pros

The app is great it helps me keep everybody in order and to create a smooth operating system so I can get everybody out with ease.

Cons

The only dislike I truly have is that it takes a while to get problems sorted out through customer service and that there is no notification there is no email or text message to the business end of the communication if I don’t have my eyes on the app I want to see who is booking or be notified if someone knew his boat

Response from Booksy

Thanks for the great feedback! We'd love to know more about your experience. When you have a moment, please reach out so we can look into it.

Chic Irene

Hate it.

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Nothing

Nothing

Pros

It's an online booking service.

Cons

It crashes constantly. My clients have trouble booking. My clients end up calling me to schedule because the app crashes so much. Customer Service hasn't fixed or rectified my complaints. I'm currently looking for a new booking application. High priced.

Response from Booksy

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience with us. We understand that occasional glitches have happened in the past with new updates and, while we try to minimize these as much as possible, we apologize for how this has affected your business. Although you are looking for other booking solutions, we would love to speak with you directly to better address your needs at this point in time.

Mary Jane

Hands down, the best app for scheduling and graphics! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

More clientele!

More clientele!

Pros

I love that my clients can book directly online and that they get reminders for their appointments! I love the gallery I can post of my work and that my clients can post reviews for all potential clients to see! It really allows me to put my best foot forward when trying to get new clientele. The customer service is spot on and they respond to your issues in minutes. Best app and customer service for the business owner!

Cons

I wish it had the functionality to allow me to create my own flyers. While I like the flyers they create for me, I would like to be able to choose templates for specials I might be having.