Loyverse POS

Free point of sale software & inventory system

4.9/5
4.5/5
4.8/5
4.8/5

181 Software options

Andrius S.

Great, compatible with various businesses

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

Manage business processes

Pros

Possibility to connect various periferals such as Mini printers, scanners and so on. Flexible software, translated to LT.

Cons

Not very comfortable to use with smartphones, need category drop box as is on bigger screen devices.

Silvia A.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

It is very easy to use and deploy. Intuitive and agile.

Reviewed on 20/11/2017

Pros

It's great to use. The support team is extremely attentive and quick on the answers. Committed to resolve. The dashboard app is very useful. Easy to split payments.

Cons

It does not have a desktop app or system that we could make sales. So you need a tablet or a phone for that.
In a composite product the sales of all items of these products you will only verify in modifiers view and you will not have an inventory of them.

Phil W.
  • Industry: Hospitality

A serious contender

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Pros

I tried a few different iPad based POS systems when opening my Cafe, but settled on Loyverse as their features actually beat a lot of the paid systems out there, and it's free! Would definitely recommend trying out Loyverse first before settling on another system. Just because it's free doesn't mean it's not a serious contender.

Cons

Local payment terminal integration is lacking and cash up process could be built upon. However it more than makes up for this with the price tag (or lack thereof) and its array of features.

Jer G.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Great graphic style POS with limitations

Reviewed on 06/07/2017

I highly recommend using this on IPads. Only Apple OS has the ability to lock their tablet to just one app (guided access). Android based tablets do not have this feature.

Pros

Easy to setup items to sell. The app can be used on either the Apple iPad or on Android base tablets. However stick with the Apple iPad because of the guide access feature is found only on Apple's OS. It easy to train rotating cashiers on this system. I do like the ability to split checks.

Cons

Not a true inventory if you are looking to see past and on-going stock. The system allows you to sell with negative inventory.
As with graphic based display too much items can be overwhelming. Best for business with no more than 2 dozen items otherwise you will be spending too long of a time scrolling through pages to find the item. It's is nice that it has categories but that also take some time as well. When items are out of stock, system should give the owner the option to hid the item until it is restocked. There is no warning given and shown when stock is low or completely out to the cashier.. Only an email is sent indicating a low stock.
There is no capabilities of sorting the displayed item or separating into groups visually. It's all done alphabetically.

I am completely confused on the sales history in the back office. Sales by payment and sales summery don't match. The data sync is slow. It may take a few hours after the close of the day before all the sales are synced and shown in the back office. When using discounts and promotions the totals don't necessarily add up correctly. I am still trying to figure out why that is.

Claire C.

Loyverse POS, our Lifesaver!

Reviewed on 15/08/2016

As a start up retail company we needed a POS that was affordable, easy to use, had a loyalty program incorporated and that worked from a tablet.....Loyverse ticked all those boxes! In addition to this the customer support team were with us every step of the way from video tutorials to real time live chat...AWESOME!

Pros

Its soooooo easy to use and also secure, I would say its fool proof! Also the loyalty program is a wonderful idea, love the way it links with the QR code and allows us to send regular updates to our customers, and the fact that we can easily convert an excel file to a CSV file to import the data to the application....also the cost was definitely within our budget!

Cons

There's a few features we would like to see as are really quite necessary for retail, such as size and colour in a sub category, currently unavailable, but have been told its on its way :) Also we need to be able to offer a printed receipt, some people just prefer that to an email, but again we've been advised its possible! Under card payment options we would like to include the type of card used and the currency...Kuwait dinar has 3decimal places.

Surya G.

The best POS I ever used in my life

Reviewed on 28/01/2020

I am running a small restaurant where I was looking for a payment system. This free Cash register is better than the paid ones. Because you can add, remove, edit the details in your own way. It will work with Bluetooth printers so I am very happy that I have connected one in the Kitchen and one in the bar. Its really handy, user-friendly. I love it. Thank you to all the Loyverse team for such great work.

Pros

It's free to use and easy to use. I can see all my reports in the system. The good thing is that you can download all your report on excel format which makes very easy to keep track of your financial records.

Cons

Tax calculation system is a bit complicated.

Donnel L.

Great App!

Reviewed on 21/11/2016

Very flexible, more than a POS system this manages everything you may wish for from customer interaction/feedback/discounts/points system, stocks, prices , online reporting, even goes as far as online sync of reports. This works on Android iOS even Windows(via browser)! If you have or you are planning a small to medium scale business this app is more than you can ever wish for. And the greatest thing of all these feature? ITS FREE!

Pros

Online sync of reports and an alternate customer app that allows them to leave a feedback and discount point system

Cons

Haven't found any yet

Worapon P.

Greatest Free POS Ever!

Reviewed on 26/08/2016

I have been finding Free POS for my micro business at home, And all of it need to pay for full function or just trial for just a week. But they call it's "FREE".(In Thai) 2 days before I try this service, I've use Free POS software for a month, And it's expire without rhyme or reason. I lost all of my data such a Sales, Products, Inventory, Customers List, etc. I can't access to database (MS Access) because it protected with password and encryption. since that day, I've found Loyverse. I've just try this service and then I love it!

Pros

First things, It's totally free! And It's useful, UI is friendly, easy to use, verifiable, flexible, relevant, accessible. It have Loyalty System.

Cons

It doesn't have Thai Language. But, I've decide to contribute this service as a Translator (Thai Translator). Because I'm Thai, We love free service! (LOL).

Raymon S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Perfect Help for Startups!

Reviewed on 29/01/2017

Loyverse is a GREAT TOOL to assist startup business owners that would need a helpful POS app but do not have the capability to pay monthly costs offered by other services. It is a risk-free app to try out and sort first whether would function directly to what the business needs -- and LOYVERSE POS is PERFECT for our kind of business. Looking forward to future development!

Pros

Easy to use, customisable, free

Cons

At times it might take a bit of delay to see saved changes

Gerald K.

very impressed

Reviewed on 15/11/2017

Great value for money though some oversights could rob it of its true place as an all round retail solution

Pros

Great overall product with potential to be at par with more costly POS systems. Mobile function is a huge advantage. Superb customer support

Cons

Can sell with negative inventory. Can't use mobile cam to scan items. Needs option to use Categories in home POS screen instead of individual items which require too much searching. No facility for sales on account. eg purchase for later payment. Needs units esp in inventory lists.

Karen E.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Simple, works with great customer support

Reviewed on 24/10/2016

I was looking for a simple, easy to implement POS for my small hotel / restaurant. I was able to get this up and running in less than 2 hours. Anytime I hit a roadblock I messaged support and they were back to me in minutes with solutions. It isn't a full on complicated system with all the bells and whistles. I have worked with those and they have their uses, but if you need a way to track shifts, categories, some inventory management and certainly cash management this is the system for you.

Pros

Very logical, easy to use, easy to set up and great support

Cons

Eventually it would be nice to have better inventory management and shift management from the perspective of tracking staff hours for payroll.

Excellent, allows me to manage the sales and purchases of my new business from a smartphone.

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

The benefits are multiple: I can make quick and easy sales, I manage my inventory program and everything from my smartphone or tablet. I can also create a customer base and keep in touch with them. I can send messages and receive emails from my clients and collect their valuable comments.

Pros

I like the most is that it allows me to manage the transactions of buying and selling my new business from a smartphone, besides that I can manage the inventory and visualize the analysis of my sales.

Cons

I like the least has nothing to do with software, the only drawback I had is that at first my phone was not compatible with the software version, but then I can use it in a fluid way.

Nabil D.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Love the concept, professional POS software!

Reviewed on 20/10/2016

It is very easy to use and carry the key features for an immediate and efficiante use in small business.

Pros

I realy enjoy the back office and the loyalty program.
Also your agile growing in terme of functionalities is juste empowering us and the way we can enable desable them is very important as far as i am concerned, to not desturb habits :)

Carly S.

All round cost effective POS for small businesses

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Several traders within our market use Loyverse POS and its really helped them to keep a better record of sales and stock especially in a cash only buisness without the cost of an expensive POS, which would put a financial strain on their business

Pros

Quick to learn, easy to use and great simple interface to choose items. You can also check sales on the go if you happen to have to leave.

Cons

Can only divide stock by item or weight and not volume, which is hard when selling by the glass and bottle

Renier G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Haloa Coffee South Africa

Reviewed on 28/02/2017

At 1st the app seems basic, but once you get into it you discover that Loyverse has really thought of everything. The best thing of this app is not that it is free but the fact that their online support is fantastic.

Pros

Its cloud base, but you can use it off-line. Its really easy to set-up. Its very easy to set-up and use

Cons

Its free but I dont know for how long. I am investing a lot of time into the app

Anupap T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great POS and Loyalty app for business.

Reviewed on 19/06/2016

We are starting a new business that provides delivery, storage, and fulfillment services.

We have tried many POS apps and programs on personal computer, but there are none that serves us like Loyverse.

The POS app contains all the important features, and it is very user friendly for our staffs. The extra feature that we really like is the integration of the loyalty system (Loyalty Ocean App).

Now we have both the back end and front end which help us tremendously on our business!

Diana C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Love the app for our small cafe

Reviewed on 22/06/2016

We love the simplicity & that it allows all owners to view from their devices at any one time. We love that we can access it using any of our Handphone/ tabs.

Pros

User friendly, allows all owners to check on sales, free

Cons

Nothing to complain about so far

Maye R.

The BEST POS for small businesses

Reviewed on 08/10/2016

The app is easy to use. I tried it both in my iphone and Samsung phone, also in my desktop. Very easy to use. Very easy to import your list of menu to your app and the interface is very user-friendly. The best thing, it's FREE! What more can you ask for?!

Pros

User-friendly, fast, and excellent live chat support.

Cons

They are adding paid-for services and modules in the future. Bummer!

Kevin N.

Works great. Fantastic POS that runs on ipad or android, and it's free!

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

Pros

First of all, it's free. It's also pretty easy to set up the catalog of products, add photos. It even has some inventory tracking.

Cons

There is some customization that I wasn't able to do. The reporting and backend stuff isn't that flexible. You get whatever reports are there, but there's not near the variety of reports that you'd be able to get elsewhere.

Cathleen T.

Great App! And it's free!

Reviewed on 15/10/2016

This is a very simple to use app and it is very flexible to fit the needs of a small business. I had a question and the tech support responded in less than a minute. It took 2 minutes to ask my question, get the answer and then make the change I wanted to make in the back office. I love that you only have to make a change once in the back office and it automatically updates all of the "registers". I recommend!

Jesus J.

Amazing APP!!!

Reviewed on 02/09/2016

Just started using this app. Super easy to use along with the spread sheet.
Love all the Lay outs on it.

Pros

Everything so far! Back Office has so many options. From adding employees and seeing reports

Cons

The only thing I would like is a daily close out for records. Kind of like the Shift mode for employees.

Matthew J.

This POS program is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 25/08/2016

Loyverse is an amazing POS program. Their program is 100% free, easy to use, and has awesome support! They also have created integration with their loyalty program (LoyaltyOcean). Amazing application!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to manage items, categories, payments etc.

Cons

Really, there are no cons. They have updates every two weeks and their staff are very kind.

Andrew K.

Nice free application

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

Originaly in our shop we use papers for write our sales in notebook. But friend are recommended this soft. It were become so easy to do accounting.

Pros

I like Intuitive easy interface and support.

Cons

Some feature is not enough, but it continuously are developed.

Denise paula Q.
  • Industry: Design

Excellence in an POS App

Reviewed on 30/11/2016

Wow. This app has everything I need for my small business. And the customer service, simply exceptional! My concern has been attended to in just a matter of minutes. The fastest I've ever been served!

Pros

Exceptional customer service.
Everything you need in one app.
User-friendly interface.

Charles S.

Best POS-ever!

Reviewed on 06/10/2016

Loyverse delivers a POS that is easy to use, easy to maintain. On top of that, you get valuable reports and customer feedback. The best part of all, you have access to a 24/7 customer support. It's like having your own POS Team! Love it.