Venmo

4.7 (9,143)
Write a Review!
Digital wallet & mobile payment gateway

(9,143)
4.8/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.4/5

Eric R.
Eric R.

Venmo is a great consumer product with limited use for business

Reviewed on 07/06/2021

Venmo's incredible ease of use makes it essential for interacting with other people with whom I might loan or pay money for simple things. For vendors, it's a solid way to get access to credit card payments with okay fees.

Pros

Venmo is dead simple to use, with the QR code scan and effortless options to ask for payments or send them. The number of people who signed up for Venmo also helps - most younger folks are on it.

Cons

The social aspect of the software is a bit odd in that I'm not in the least bit interested in what my friends are paying one another for. When people get funny, I suppose it could be entertaining but too much of the feed is people paying each other for rent, groceries and other mundane stuff. Additionally, this present a business challenge where you need to be cautious about posting your purchases if it's a private purchase for your business.

Reasons for Choosing Venmo

Venmo is easier and in use by more people than PayPal.

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

More people have Venmo and it's not tied to Zelle's limited bank list.
Sam

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

Overall I’d say it’s great. Very user friendly, easy to connect with people, and easy to transfer payments.

Pros

Very easy to use, take payments, and pay bills with. Customers can scan a qr code and pay instantly. Also have a credit card with Venmo and it works great for keeping track of my expenses.

Cons

They did cancel my card once when I was out of state without asking me, but I got a new one pretty quick.

Cash App

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

More user friendly, benefits with credit card, and more people use it.
Susan

Thieves

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

Pros

Convenient…. They make it easy to receive funds but careful…. You may never see your money!!

Cons

I disputed a couple transactions from the same company that I never authorized. Well, Venmo shut my account down and froze it. I have given them my drivers license, passport, picture of the house number on my house, food stamp card, medical marijuana government ID card, Social Security card, food stamp card, bank card plus a selfie and they won’t release my funds! I think any idiot can figure out I’m exactly who I say I am!! They DONT CARE. After all, it’s not their money. They have had my money locked down for over a MONTH!! They refused to release it because I can’t provide bank statements on a gift card that I was trying to transfer funds to. Account Specialists are everything but! They tell you that the only department that can release the funds is through an account specialist and you sure can’t talk to them they only go by email. When you reply to the email and you send what you can to them, if it’s not exactly what they want, they send you the same email asking for the same stuff over and over again. No way will they give you the courtesy of speaking with you!! They don’t read what you’re saying and Nobody will call you. Management won’t do anything for you. They won’t get off their butts and get anything done. By not helping me and releasing my funds I have lost electricity and now have so many late fees it’s cost me $100.’s of dollars. I will continue to write a review on ANY platform I can. I’m waiting on a response from the attorney general and a lawyer.

Cassie
  • Industry: Food Production

Venmo is my go to

Reviewed on 31/01/2024

Pros

The instant verification of a transaction is my favorite, with the capabilities to instantly transfer funds to my bank account.

Cons

Zero problems ever with Venmo. It's my favorite app to use for payment processing.

Kelly

Simple and quick way to get paid

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Pros

Venmo is a great app that allows you to accept payment from clients and customers on the go.

Cons

Venmo could improve by allowing off-line payments and processing once a device is back in service.

Kristi

Good option for tiny start up looking to use e-payments

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Has been great for converting sales, nice to have as many options as possible for people to pay.

Pros

Ease of use, widely adopted, clean and easy to explain to customers. No set up fee.

Cons

Fees! Have heard horror stories of money being insecure in the actual platform. Work around to simply transfer money out asap.

Jessica
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Better than cashapp

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

My overall experience has been great. I definitely recommend.

My overall experience has been great. I definitely recommend.

Pros

Venmo doesnt have errors like cashapp. And when adding money to venmo it goes through instantly. Cash app sometimes takes many minutes,hours, or days to go through.

Cons

That you cant go in a store and add cash to venmo.

Whitney

Must Use App

Reviewed on 04/02/2024

I have had a great overall experience using Venmo so far.

I have had a great overall experience using Venmo so far.

Pros

What I like about Venmo, the most is being able to send and receive Money instantly.

Cons

sometimes the cards that you have stored don’t work so you have to use it directly .

Eric
  • Industry: Law Practice

Venmo is the industry leader

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

My overall experience with Venmo has been universally positive, it has been a positive development for my business and personal use.

Pros

This platform is second to none with respect to customer loyalty

Cons

Not a fan of the public viewing but it can be disabled

Bryan John

Better than Cash

Reviewed on 04/02/2024

Im a happy and satisfied user. I would reccommend it to anyone I know. If you're into cashless transaction, Venmo is the way to
go.

Pros

convenient and so much better than carrying cash with you. You can use Venmo to pay any transactions. Your information is secured without any data breach.

Cons

sometimes there are down time using this app, but it rarely happens. You will get notified if there are any maintenance happening.

• Industry: Higher Education

So easy and many friends, family and colleagues use this!

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Love venmo! Literally use it with all my friends, family, colleagues, and businesses that accept payment via venmo. I rarely find someone who doesn't have this. It seems to be continously growing and asked of when coordinating payment of something. Highly recommend this software!

Pros

Takes a few simple steps to set up and start your account/link to your bank. So many people use this app that i rarely find someone who doesn't have it. Makes going out and splitting the bill with friends so much easier - to paying your babysitter, hairdresser, or the person who grabbed coffee for you, and so much more in a matter of seconds. People can also charge you or you can charge others when they owe you to help remind them and stay organized. Besides using the app, they push notifications to you every time someone pays or charges you, as well as when you make payment to someone. They will even send you an email to help stay on top of things.

Cons

Only down side to this working in fundraising and as someone who makes philanthropic donations, many people want to donate through venmo but the platform isn't currently set up for this capability. I believe they are in a pilot mode for this capability but doesn't feel like they are moving fast enough on it and once it does go live, will it be easy to implement? Larger organizations have trouble with this, while i see smaller, less complex organizations being able to implement well. Huge potential though for this software!

Shannon

Venmo is a MUST HAVE

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

I know VENMO is owned by PayPal, but VENMO is so much better in the day to day of collecting and sending money. My kids have it, making is super easy for me to "pay them back" or for them to get paid by a neighbor for babysitting or helping out in some way. Also great for "collecting" from people for a teachers gift. Some cons: the default option is "public." Sort of like face book or Instagram, the list of "who" you have paid and your comment are public. The amount is not. I set mine to "private", but that is NOT the default. If you want to spy on your kids and their record is "public" it's super easy. Also, it must tie to a cell phone and only one VENMO account per cell phone number and per bank account. This can make it harder to get your kids on VENMO if they don't have an active cell number (google voice does not count!, I tried it). Also with your spouse/partner, they cannot be hooked up to the same bank account as you on VENMO. The functional outcome of this often is that just one of you may have VENMO on your device. Lastly, you need to know someone's VENMO ID first. If you pay the wrong person, there's no getting your money back unless they kindly return it. There is a cell phone verification process that helps though or you can "friend" someone first to be sure you have the right contact before sending money. The biggest pro, it's super quick. You can request or send money almost instantly. Definite must-have. Get a friend to show you how to use it.

Pros

Super easy to transfer funds to anyone. Literally takes less than 30 seconds to request or send money. No more "not collecting" from friends for "their share" of the night out, you just send a "request". Very easy to send a tip or pay a babysitter.

Cons

You can't tie your VENMO to a savings account.
Must have a cell number, google voice doesn't count.
Can be hard to search for people.
Setting default is "public" meaning others can see who you have sent money to and what you wrote in the comments.
You must write something in the comments or put an emoji for each transaction even if you don't want to.

Brian
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Why your business needs Venmo!

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

I love using Venmo and prefer it to any other payment method - its just so darn easy to use! I love it and you will too!

Pros

With Venmo your business never has to sacrifice an order for payment issues!
Venmo remains a top competitor in the payment processing market because of its versatility, ease of use, reliability, support and recognition - if you don’t have Venmo these days people start wondering what rock you’ve been hiding under!
Venmo’s user analytics and usability are top of the line and will make the payment of every sale the easiest part of the process!

Cons

I have nothing bad to report, the app is practically flawless for the purpose it serves! If there’s anything to perhaps improve upon initially it would be the inclusion of crypto currency as crypto will continue to rise in popularity around the world.

PayPal and Meta for Business

Reasons for Choosing Venmo

I use both but prefer Venmo for the fee structure, ease of use, and social acceptance - PayPal is great but it’s also potentially more dated and less popular with the younger generations.

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

Venmo is again just the easiest to use and most popular amongst the younger generations. It’s trusted, reliable, and so easy anyone can do it!
Megan

The only app I'll use to send money

Reviewed on 03/04/2021

I use Venmo all the time to pay friends and family. It's especially useful for splitting bills. I also use Venmo for goods and services like with my hairdresser and massage therapist! It's so fast and easy to send money via the app. You don't even need to get your wallet. out.

Pros

Venmo is extremely user-friendly and easy to use. You can send money easily and quickly via the app without a million steps. Something that I love that I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to realize is that there is no fee if you transfer money via your bank account instead of with a card! I also really like the social aspect of Venmo. You can add friends on Venmo and see who transferred money to who and for what. You can write little notes and add emojis when sending money and then it shows up on your feed. It's a super convenient way to transfer and receive money whether it's for goods and services or splitting a dinner bill with friends. I've also found that almost all of my friends and family and many merchants and vendors use Venmo. It's great how popular it's become recently!

Cons

For some reason, my bank account randomly gets disconnected. There have been several times where I go to transfer money to someone and I get an error message saying my bank account was disconnected and I need to reconnect. It's frustrating having to go through all the steps to connect my bank account over and over again.

Aman

Best for everything

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Overall experience with Venmo is great. It is best for both personal and professional money exchange.

Pros

This is a paypal product and we all know about PayPal. The product have all the creatures of PayPal and in addition to that it offers several benefits as well. The feature that I like the most is the offers and cash back rewards which are very frequent and recurring. This product helped me a lot and saved me hundreds of dollars.

Cons

The product is very well overall but this is not an acceptable form of payment everywhere. Small businesses and companies, sores etc are not able to process the payments which went through Venmo. They should expands their reach.

Reasons for Choosing Venmo

Zelle was a good product but Venmo have a lot more benefits than Zelle and these extra perks gives Venmo an edge.

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

Venmo is faster and offers benefits regularly. It offers cash back and other discounts very often which are not offered by it’s alternatives.
  • Industry: Music

Fast and Easy Payment Processing

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

Pros

I like the ease of credit/debit card charging through this app. It is widely used, at least across the United States, so many people already have an account created and linked to a card or bank account. Transferring the payment to your account is quick, usually faster than they estimate, and has a very low processing fee compared to other business platforms.

Cons

I dislike that you must be specific about using the business side of Venmo instead of a personal account. There are different rules about how much money can be transferred in a month and you can be shut down if you forget to use the business side.

Reasons for Choosing Venmo

I switched because the fees and processing times were a burden and Venmo offers easier use for both the client and company.

Square Payments
  • Industry: Entertainment

Venmo is a TOP Choice to Send Money

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

I use this app weekly for small payments and paybacks here and there. Sometimes a client asks to use this app instead of any other payment source so being able to track that is imperative. I have never had an issue with my funds with this app and that makes me feel secure and happy to keep using the app. I use it even more than paypal, cashapp or any other payments received app.

Pros

I've been using Venmo for years now and the main things I like about the app are ease of use and low/no fees. I constantly have people ask me if I use Venmo which means mainstream adoption. Its easy to send payments to others or receive them, especially with the QR code. And I've never had an issue with the app or transfer of funds. I love how funds are instant transactions and quickly done in a few moments time.

Cons

I feel it could use some more features such as transaction history, download .csv files and I don't feel the community feature really adds anything to the software itself. Literally no reason for it in my opinion. Perhaps allowing to buy, accept or transfer cryptocurrencies would be good (like Cash app does). I've heard rumors of limiting the amount of received funds in a month and some accounts have been blocked for this?

Square for Retail

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

Because it's easy to use and more people use this than the other apps. It's fast.
Kylie
  • Industry: Events Services

Money sharing App that has revolutionized payments for personal and business use alike

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

We enjoy being able to provide another way of payments. Most of our clients pay over the phone and not on-site so it provides them a way to send money without being present at our office. I am able to send and receive money to employees for gas reimbursements without writing a check or having cash on hand.

Pros

I love the ease of use of this product. I am able to send and receive payments for my business with the simple click of a few buttons. I can also transfer funds to my bank and link my bank to make payments when my balance within the app isn't high enough for what I need to send. It is great for tip splitting between employees and has saved many issues with petty cash.

Cons

My least favorite thing is the lag between the transfer of funds to my bank. You can pay a small fee to get it instantly but I usually just wait for the free transfer. It is always a timely turnaround.

PayPal and Cash App

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

I decided to use Venmo because I liked their bank integration, a lot of people in my area are already users and didn't need to download the app to pay their invoices and the looks and ease of use of the phone app. It fit really well with my needs and was visually and operationally well done.
Cierra
  • Industry: Warehousing

Venmo - 1 CashApp - none

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

My experience with Venmo was and is exceptional. I haven’t had even one bad thing happen with this app and it’s very reassuring to know your in good hands when doing transactions! Nobody wants to have to worry about where there money is and it’s safe to say that Venmo keeps your money and information secure and protected!

Pros

I loooooove Venmo! My favorite thing is that it’s safe because it’s completely controlled by you and only you! They also have tons of new features like a debit card. Plus they have customer service reps ready to help you with whatever, whenever! So you can send and receive money any time from anybody that has a Venmo account. Why is that special? Because it’s painless and timeless! This is my #1 app for transactions because it gets them done in no time. If your anything like me, I’m always on the go between kids, there sports, and work this app just really speeds things up when I need it most!

Cons

I think the only downside of Venmo for me is that my transactions are public so anybody that has a Venmo account can see them. It’s not bad per se but it’s not something I love.

Gina
  • Industry: Executive Office

Venmo is For the new aged business person.

Reviewed on 22/01/2022

Overall my experience like I said has been good with venmo I like it that it's versatile it's mobile everything is pretty much self-explanatory you know now there's Bitcoin you can buy I like it that I can use it for my business I can use it for personal I can use it anyway that I need to to fit the particular situation that I'm dealing with that's a great option I don't like that to cash a check you have to use the one particular service it would be nice if they offered several services so that you could choose which one you wanted to go through what rate you paid and then again like I said if you don't get accepted through one because they have issues or glitches or technical issues there is a backup that you can go through cuz some clients pay with checks and then that means we have to have a separate bank account to cash checks and I like the point of keeping everything together so that I can keep all my business stuff in one place

Pros

The features that I like most about them always is mostly that it's a very mobile and very versatile service that I can offer not only to my clients but that I use myself I not only use this in my business but I use it personally as well and it just makes it so much easier for me to be able to do all my banking or payments in one spot I can cash a check I can get a direct deposit I can take payments I can send money all of this while I'm still moving around and doing everything that I can for my business it's a great program a great payment option and a great way to be able to look at what you're doing financially while you're on the go.

Cons

I guess the feature that I least liked is that they use Ingo for their check cashing services and I have had issues as well as other people that I know with Ingo because they will shut you out of their system and not really give you a reason and getting through to customer service and getting it sorted is almost impossible and very time-consuming and in my field that's something I do not have time for is to sit down and talk for hours and try and figure out something that I have no idea was a problem and it usually turns out that it's a technical error or it's a glitch or it takes a long time to fix and by the time they do that you found an alternative to doing what you needed to do anyway so that's my only con with venmo is that they use that one check cashing service so if you want to cash a check and you can't use Ingo then you can't use that feature of venmo and that's that's a downplay

Thandile
  • Industry: Entertainment

A better alternative to Paypal!

Reviewed on 13/04/2021

I use Venmo all an opportunity to pay loved ones. It's particularly valuable for parting bills. I additionally use Venmo for merchandise and ventures like with my stylist and back rub specialist! It's so quick and simple to send cash by means of the application. You don't have to get your wallet. out.

Pros

This is presumably the least demanding and most easy to use cash moving application that I have utilized.

Venmo charges the client a tiny rate to do a moment move and there are no expenses to do an exchange that takes 1-3 business days.

On the off chance that you are out for beverages and choose to put the bill on one individual's card, you can undoubtedly send them cash to cover your part and they'll have it before the check even comes.

On the off chance that you need your cash moved to your bank promptly, you can include it inside under 3 minutes.

Another ace is that almost everybody has it on their telephones nowadays and that keeps things basic.

Cons

There truly aren't numerous cons with Venmo. I would say one worry that clients might need to investigate is that on the off chance that they utilize a Mastercard rather than bank data as their essential wellspring of cash, the application will charge additional expenses. This is a minor grumbling, however I've known a couple of clients who had been unconscious of this and were paying an expense for every exchange.

Sandra

Quick and convenient payment

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

My take is Venmo is safe,but with everything online there will always be risks,I realize that the world is evolving and most transactions are done online.Venmo offers more pros than cons and as long as you know how to use your settings and know how to keep yourself and information safe online,this is a great place to do all your online shopping or share bill payments with friends and family.In my opinion banking online is the way of the future.

Pros

Venmo is accepted at many merchants around the world,It is so easy to link your bank and its a lot safer for purchasing online products,especially if you are unsure of the company or unfamiliar with the company.very quick and convenient payments.It's great if you are making extra money online because it give you a way of receiving a payment for on-linejobs.There is no monthly fee and you are not charged for using it so, you can add money from your bank account without the extra fee.It is safe and you never have to worry about security because they have measures in place to protect your privacy.If your planning to get into bitcoin,its a great way to start,its accepted there as well.Anyone can use it,its easy to download and deploy,great for any age.

Cons

As with anything there is always a down side.Venmo does charge a fee to send money through credit cards, a rate of 3% as well as a charge to transfer money from Venmo to your bank account.Customer service can be a bit of a problem if you have a discrepancy,you have to get pass the Bot system to speak to a human.I have found that you have to adjust your privacy setting to make sure your information is not compromised.another con to using Venmo is unlike a bank you do not earn interest.There is no international transaction,so you have to be aware of what you can and cannot do to make sure you do not have to deal with support and there is no payment protections.

kawal
kawal
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Venmo user genuine review for the product

Reviewed on 25/07/2020

Venmo solves many business problems such as sending money becomes very easy using this product. Anyone within usa can transfer the money without any issue. Also, the money is very secure which using this software as it is very trusted software.

There are certain benefits which I have realized such as people can split bills such as dinner bill, tickets money and also the rent which is used to pay monthly. This benefits quite help people because they can use this application not only for money transfer, but also for splitting bills among each of them. Another benefit is that the transactions happen very quickly and its is quite stable.

Pros

There are many features which are most impactful such as easy way to transfer money to people and security of the software. By using venmo, anyone can send the money around united states of America to any other person by using this product. Moreover, sender who is using the application to send the money with security and this is the best part of using the product because your money is safe while it is being transferred.

In addition to this, the integration of this software is very easy with our existing business processes as you can easily install it in your cell phone and integrate with the systems.

Cons

There are certain features which I feel are missing such as people can only money to the person who is currently living in Unites states as you cannot send the money who is outside usa. Furthermore, there can be some things which could be improved such as very quick transfer of money and get notified faster than any other app in the market.

There are no aspects of the product which are difficult to use. The software can be easily used by someone who has basic knowledge of using a phone.

In addition to this, the integration is not difficult with our existing business processes. It is very easy to integrate this application.

Jared

Venmo User Review

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Venmo has made using multiple credit cards for a purchase obsolete. It has also allowed traditionally cash only transactions to be completed digitally. This app has reduced the need for me to carry cash.

Pros

Convenience is the best thing about venmo, almost all of my friends have the app and it makes sending money quick and easy. You can quickly transfer your venmo balance into your bank account which enables me to split bills with friends when doing a group activity or are out to dinner.

Cons

The worst part about venmo is that once a payment has been sent, the payment is final. Venmo has built in some features to prevent users from paying the wrong person, but it still leaves this payment system open to fraud. Someone can promise to do something for a venmo payment and not provide the goods/services, but still keep the payment as venmo will not help the sender recover the funds.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Payment got easier

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

So happy to use this amazing product. Makes payment pain-free and quick.

So happy to use this amazing product. Makes payment pain-free and quick.

Pros

The easiest way to pay for something is through venmo. With a couple of clicks you can pay, making it the most efficient and safe way to pay someone. And no service fees

Cons

Right now alot of sites/organizations/ people do not take venmo. I believe in the coming years this will be the main payment system throughout businesses.

Reasons for Choosing Venmo

Price and easier to use.

No service fees