Venmo

4.7 (9,128)
Digital wallet & mobile payment gateway

(9,128)
4.8/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.4/5

Krishnamoorthy
Krishnamoorthy

Easy way to send and receive money

Reviewed on 27/09/2021

Venmo does not charge recurring fees, such as monthly or yearly fees, like other payment services. When sending money from a bank account, debit card, or your Venmo balance, there are no fees charged. Payment apps charge a 3 percent fee for credit card transactions, which is typical throughout the industry. There are also no fees associated with receiving money or transferring it to your bank account, unless you choose an immediate transfer rather than a regular transfer.
Venmo has a unique selling point in that it is not your normal payment app. Likes, comments, and messages are linked to each payment in this payments software, which incorporates popular social network elements such as likes, comments, and messages. Others, on the other hand, believe that it makes money transfers more enjoyable, which some users find to be true.

Pros

It is quick and simple to use. Finally, but certainly not least, it has a large user base, which means that many of your connections may already be using it. Venmo's success may be attributed in large part to its simplicity of use. There is very little of a learning curve. You may download it and begin sending and receiving money within minutes of installing it. Using Venmo to divide costs is also a breeze since it provides an on-screen calculator when you transfer or request money from someone. You may also send or request the same amount from several people at the same time if you're sharing a bill with a group of people.

Cons

Once you've made a payment via Venmo, there is no way to reverse it. The money is sent promptly to the intended recipient. If you need a payment to be refunded, Venmo advises that you contact the receiver and request the money back. Other than that, you may request that Venmo's customer service reverse the payment on your behalf; however, they can only do so if the receiver accepts, if their account is in good shape, and if they still have the cash in the bank.

Payoneer

Reasons for Choosing Venmo

Venmo had more features and a better mobile user interface.

Cash App

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

Personal transactions can be made using Venmo, instantly.
Mary Jane

Venmo is my Favorite go to tool. DAY OR NIGHT! It's doable!

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

Venmo has made a huge difference in my life professionally and personally. You've made is possible to worry less about taking care of those I love and are responsible for! You have truly made a difference!!

Pros

The security, the efficient and fast process. I love that I don't need my bank open or any business open to take care of what needs to be taken care of now! Day or Night, I have the access I need to get whatever is needed done!

Cons

I always get turned around trying to find new contacts. It's an older generation thing!

PayPal, Cash App and eCardWidget.com

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

It's so much faster and simple, no nonsense, no invasion into my life, I don't get a hundred ads everyday and they just have respected my privacy!
Paige
Paige
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Do Not Use Venmo!

Reviewed on 17/06/2022

Pros

You can pay people quickly. There are no other pros.

Cons

I purchased concert tickers from a Venmo user after they had offered them on Facebook. I investigated the person before purchasing and felt like they were legitimate. Turns out, they were a scammer so I spent over $400 using the balance I had on my Venmo and did not receive the tickets. I IMMEDIATELY called Venmo to try to get my money back. The first Customer Service representative that I talked to said that the best they could do was submit a ticket to an Account Specialist and that they would get back to me in the next 24 hours. The rep. also told me that if the scammers move that money into their personal bank account that it would be out of their hands and they would not be able to give me a refund. I asked if they could expedite my ticket since I only had a day or 2 before it will go into their bank account. He said they can't do that. I said "You can't even call and just ask if that's a possibility?" He said no.

24 hours pass by and I hadn't heard anything so I called Customer Service again and the second representative I talked to said that I was given false information and it's going to take 6-7 days for them to investigate the situation. I asked her if there is anyway to expedite my ticket, especially since I was told it would be taken care of already. She said no. I ask again, "Can you call them and just ask since this is time sensitive and by tomorrow you guys won't be able to help me at all?" She says no.

I will never use Venmo again.

Kathy
Kathy
  • Industry: Government Administration

Venmo transforms the sales process

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

I have had only good experiences thus far. I do e-commerce as a side hustle and prefer Venmo to other forms of payment because it's simple to use, it's been a trustworthy program, and I get instant notifications when I am paid.

Pros

I love having Venmo as an option as opposed to exchanging cash and checks. With Venmo, money is accepted and then with a few clicks, you can have it transferring to your bank account. The turnaround time for deposit is quick and you do have the option to expedite it. It saves me trips to the bank and saves me having to exchange money in hand.

Cons

I have heard that there are some individuals attempting to scam others on the platform which makes me a little less confident in its overall operation. Additionally, if you accidentally send to the wrong individual, there's no recourse that I'm aware of except their mercy in refunding your money. So the responsibility is on you to verify that you are sending to the correct individual.

Mac
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great transfer times, SMALL fees.

Reviewed on 16/07/2023

Great app and features, amazing customer service, will continue to use in the future.

Pros

it's features are wide ranged and very useful, the ability to memo and categorize my payments is very handy for bookkeeping later on.

Cons

the only con I can think of is the small percentage that Venmo takes out of EACH transaction

Square Payments, Cash App and Stripe

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

Reviews, features, and recommended by fellow friend.
Angelina
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Venmo is not a Bank

Reviewed on 21/09/2023

My overall experience with Venmo good except for moving bunny from my checking to Venmo that I will never do again overall when I’m working up pop-up and people are paying me and I’m using my Venmo that’s wonderful.

Pros

QR code for scanning made it much easier for funds to be transferred specially when you’re at a busy pop-up.

Cons

I found out the hard way depositing $300 did not get cleared from my own bank Working days. Which strap me for cash for three days. And Venmo was no help on getting the money cleared..

Kelly

Simple and quick way to get paid

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Pros

Venmo is a great app that allows you to accept payment from clients and customers on the go.

Cons

Venmo could improve by allowing off-line payments and processing once a device is back in service.

Kristi

Good option for tiny start up looking to use e-payments

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Has been great for converting sales, nice to have as many options as possible for people to pay.

Pros

Ease of use, widely adopted, clean and easy to explain to customers. No set up fee.

Cons

Fees! Have heard horror stories of money being insecure in the actual platform. Work around to simply transfer money out asap.

Eric
  • Industry: Law Practice

Venmo is the industry leader

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

My overall experience with Venmo has been universally positive, it has been a positive development for my business and personal use.

Pros

This platform is second to none with respect to customer loyalty

Cons

Not a fan of the public viewing but it can be disabled

Jeralynn
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Venmo review

Reviewed on 18/07/2023

Good experience

Good experience

Pros

I like the most that it feels safe and secure more than Paypal sending or receiving payments

Cons

Nothing I don't like about it that I've seen yet

• Industry: Higher Education

So easy and many friends, family and colleagues use this!

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Love venmo! Literally use it with all my friends, family, colleagues, and businesses that accept payment via venmo. I rarely find someone who doesn't have this. It seems to be continously growing and asked of when coordinating payment of something. Highly recommend this software!

Pros

Takes a few simple steps to set up and start your account/link to your bank. So many people use this app that i rarely find someone who doesn't have it. Makes going out and splitting the bill with friends so much easier - to paying your babysitter, hairdresser, or the person who grabbed coffee for you, and so much more in a matter of seconds. People can also charge you or you can charge others when they owe you to help remind them and stay organized. Besides using the app, they push notifications to you every time someone pays or charges you, as well as when you make payment to someone. They will even send you an email to help stay on top of things.

Cons

Only down side to this working in fundraising and as someone who makes philanthropic donations, many people want to donate through venmo but the platform isn't currently set up for this capability. I believe they are in a pilot mode for this capability but doesn't feel like they are moving fast enough on it and once it does go live, will it be easy to implement? Larger organizations have trouble with this, while i see smaller, less complex organizations being able to implement well. Huge potential though for this software!

Shannon

Venmo is a MUST HAVE

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

I know VENMO is owned by PayPal, but VENMO is so much better in the day to day of collecting and sending money. My kids have it, making is super easy for me to "pay them back" or for them to get paid by a neighbor for babysitting or helping out in some way. Also great for "collecting" from people for a teachers gift. Some cons: the default option is "public." Sort of like face book or Instagram, the list of "who" you have paid and your comment are public. The amount is not. I set mine to "private", but that is NOT the default. If you want to spy on your kids and their record is "public" it's super easy. Also, it must tie to a cell phone and only one VENMO account per cell phone number and per bank account. This can make it harder to get your kids on VENMO if they don't have an active cell number (google voice does not count!, I tried it). Also with your spouse/partner, they cannot be hooked up to the same bank account as you on VENMO. The functional outcome of this often is that just one of you may have VENMO on your device. Lastly, you need to know someone's VENMO ID first. If you pay the wrong person, there's no getting your money back unless they kindly return it. There is a cell phone verification process that helps though or you can "friend" someone first to be sure you have the right contact before sending money. The biggest pro, it's super quick. You can request or send money almost instantly. Definite must-have. Get a friend to show you how to use it.

Pros

Super easy to transfer funds to anyone. Literally takes less than 30 seconds to request or send money. No more "not collecting" from friends for "their share" of the night out, you just send a "request". Very easy to send a tip or pay a babysitter.

Cons

You can't tie your VENMO to a savings account.
Must have a cell number, google voice doesn't count.
Can be hard to search for people.
Setting default is "public" meaning others can see who you have sent money to and what you wrote in the comments.
You must write something in the comments or put an emoji for each transaction even if you don't want to.

Heather

Top Notch!

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Venmo has made not having cash on hand very convenient. Whether it's collecting funds for a teacher gift or paying someone back for lunch at the office, it's quick, easy, convenient, safe and it's nice that you can keep a Venmo balance or transfer the money directly into your linked bank account.

Pros

This app makes it easy to make payments, reimbursements and other monetary transactions. It's safe, secure and user friendly platform makes this app my go to. It was easily linked with bank accounts, the ability to make the transaction public or private and add "friends" was a great tool.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that sometimes it'll ask the last 4 digits of the persons phone number that you are sending it to. While this is a great feature to assure it's going to the correct person, we don't always know the person's phone number that it's linked to, although it does give an option to bypass this step.

Daniel
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

The Best Peer to Peer Money Transferring App!

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Venmo makes small money transactions much faster and easier than with any app before. I've used it almost daily, and I can't say I've run into any issues or long wait times. I can't even rate their customer service, because I've never had an error or a transaction mistake in the entire 4-5 years I've used it. From paying rent to splitting the dinner bill with friends, this app makes money transactions easier than ever.

Pros

Venmo is quick, easy, and accessible. Users can very quickly set up an account, connect their card or bank information, and start sending money to friends and family! The app is very fast, without requiring too many clicks or menu navigation to quickly send or receive money. It can also transfer to your bank account in just a few days for free, or it can be expedited for a small fee.

Cons

There really aren't many cons with Venmo. I would say one concern that users may want to look into is that if they use a credit card instead of bank information as their primary source of money, the app will charge extra fees. This is a minor complaint, but I've known a few users who had been unaware of this and were paying a fee for each transaction.

Megan

The only app I'll use to send money

Reviewed on 03/04/2021

I use Venmo all the time to pay friends and family. It's especially useful for splitting bills. I also use Venmo for goods and services like with my hairdresser and massage therapist! It's so fast and easy to send money via the app. You don't even need to get your wallet. out.

Pros

Venmo is extremely user-friendly and easy to use. You can send money easily and quickly via the app without a million steps. Something that I love that I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to realize is that there is no fee if you transfer money via your bank account instead of with a card! I also really like the social aspect of Venmo. You can add friends on Venmo and see who transferred money to who and for what. You can write little notes and add emojis when sending money and then it shows up on your feed. It's a super convenient way to transfer and receive money whether it's for goods and services or splitting a dinner bill with friends. I've also found that almost all of my friends and family and many merchants and vendors use Venmo. It's great how popular it's become recently!

Cons

For some reason, my bank account randomly gets disconnected. There have been several times where I go to transfer money to someone and I get an error message saying my bank account was disconnected and I need to reconnect. It's frustrating having to go through all the steps to connect my bank account over and over again.

Aman

Best for everything

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Overall experience with Venmo is great. It is best for both personal and professional money exchange.

Pros

This is a paypal product and we all know about PayPal. The product have all the creatures of PayPal and in addition to that it offers several benefits as well. The feature that I like the most is the offers and cash back rewards which are very frequent and recurring. This product helped me a lot and saved me hundreds of dollars.

Cons

The product is very well overall but this is not an acceptable form of payment everywhere. Small businesses and companies, sores etc are not able to process the payments which went through Venmo. They should expands their reach.

Reasons for Choosing Venmo

Zelle was a good product but Venmo have a lot more benefits than Zelle and these extra perks gives Venmo an edge.

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

Venmo is faster and offers benefits regularly. It offers cash back and other discounts very often which are not offered by it’s alternatives.
Phoebe

Safe Way to Send Money

Reviewed on 06/04/2020

With Venmo, I am able to easily transfer and receive money from people. I have never had any problems with Venmo which makes my experience very positive. I am happy to recommend Venmo to my friends especially since they are in college where it is very useful in selling textbooks and receiving monthly bills from housemates!

Pros

I love the ability to send money and personalize the memos that go with it. It is much more personal, fun, interactive, and user friendly compared to PayPal. There is also the ability to transfer money into your account quickly if you need the funds for a very low cost. The interface is easy to use and understand for everyone who is of the eligible age to use Venmo. You can transfer money for whatever reason! I personally use it for bills and even research incentives for research participants.

Cons

I love everything about Venmo. I find it easy to use and I have no problems with using it. Some people may find the verification process annoying however, it is a way to make sure your bank account and personal information is not being breached.

• Industry: Entertainment

Venmo is a TOP Choice to Send Money

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

I use this app weekly for small payments and paybacks here and there. Sometimes a client asks to use this app instead of any other payment source so being able to track that is imperative. I have never had an issue with my funds with this app and that makes me feel secure and happy to keep using the app. I use it even more than paypal, cashapp or any other payments received app.

Pros

I've been using Venmo for years now and the main things I like about the app are ease of use and low/no fees. I constantly have people ask me if I use Venmo which means mainstream adoption. Its easy to send payments to others or receive them, especially with the QR code. And I've never had an issue with the app or transfer of funds. I love how funds are instant transactions and quickly done in a few moments time.

Cons

I feel it could use some more features such as transaction history, download .csv files and I don't feel the community feature really adds anything to the software itself. Literally no reason for it in my opinion. Perhaps allowing to buy, accept or transfer cryptocurrencies would be good (like Cash app does). I've heard rumors of limiting the amount of received funds in a month and some accounts have been blocked for this?

Square for Retail

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

Because it's easy to use and more people use this than the other apps. It's fast.
Kylie
  • Industry: Events Services

Money sharing App that has revolutionized payments for personal and business use alike

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

We enjoy being able to provide another way of payments. Most of our clients pay over the phone and not on-site so it provides them a way to send money without being present at our office. I am able to send and receive money to employees for gas reimbursements without writing a check or having cash on hand.

Pros

I love the ease of use of this product. I am able to send and receive payments for my business with the simple click of a few buttons. I can also transfer funds to my bank and link my bank to make payments when my balance within the app isn't high enough for what I need to send. It is great for tip splitting between employees and has saved many issues with petty cash.

Cons

My least favorite thing is the lag between the transfer of funds to my bank. You can pay a small fee to get it instantly but I usually just wait for the free transfer. It is always a timely turnaround.

PayPal and Cash App

Reasons for Switching to Venmo

I decided to use Venmo because I liked their bank integration, a lot of people in my area are already users and didn't need to download the app to pay their invoices and the looks and ease of use of the phone app. It fit really well with my needs and was visually and operationally well done.
Cierra
  • Industry: Warehousing

Venmo - 1 CashApp - none

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

My experience with Venmo was and is exceptional. I haven’t had even one bad thing happen with this app and it’s very reassuring to know your in good hands when doing transactions! Nobody wants to have to worry about where there money is and it’s safe to say that Venmo keeps your money and information secure and protected!

Pros

I loooooove Venmo! My favorite thing is that it’s safe because it’s completely controlled by you and only you! They also have tons of new features like a debit card. Plus they have customer service reps ready to help you with whatever, whenever! So you can send and receive money any time from anybody that has a Venmo account. Why is that special? Because it’s painless and timeless! This is my #1 app for transactions because it gets them done in no time. If your anything like me, I’m always on the go between kids, there sports, and work this app just really speeds things up when I need it most!

Cons

I think the only downside of Venmo for me is that my transactions are public so anybody that has a Venmo account can see them. It’s not bad per se but it’s not something I love.

Cicily
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Venmo Review

Reviewed on 05/01/2022

I love that it is really simple to use from offering the expense of a dinner to a companion to paying for products bought from a companion or merchant. No expenses, not all that much or obscure.

Pros

Speedy, helpful installments
Allowed to send cash from a financial balance or charge card
Low charge for Mastercard installments
Can pay for buys at select organizations
Offers a check card and a Mastercard
Adds a social component to sending and getting cash

Cons

At present, Venmo is just accessible in the United States. Along these lines, don't anticipate utilizing it on any of your impending worldwide voyages. It depends on an informal community of known companions and individuals in close geographic nearness to convey advanced installments.

What's another impediment you really want to know about with the application? It's just accessible for individual use when connected to a Visa or ledger. Along these lines, even those organizations that pay an expense to acknowledge it can't straightforwardly utilize it.

The organization likewise puts a cap on client exchanges of $4,999.99 each week. This breaking point is applied on a moving premise. The equivalent goes for getting reserves.

At the end of the day, on the off chance that you really want to send a huge amount of cash, look somewhere else. Or on the other hand separate enormous exchanges into more modest aggregates paid more than a little while.

At long last, pundits have raised worries with Venmo's present security conventions. They stay wary with regards to the portable application's capacity to secure individuals' accounts. All things considered, the organization has questioned these reactions various occasions by stressing security settings.

Arpan
  • Industry: Events Services

Make Easy and Secure Payments : The Ultimate Solution for Your Business's Payment Needs

Reviewed on 16/05/2023

My experience with Venmo has been highly positive. Using Venmo to facilitate payments at events was incredibly helpful in streamlining the process and allowing guests to make payments quickly and easily. Guests who arrived at our events were able to make payments via their phones or tablets; this convenience allowed us to move through the line quickly and reduce waiting time for guests. Not only that, but it also made tracking payments easier as all funds are tracked within one platform. We found that using Venmo helped significantly reduce transaction fees associated with payment processing. In terms of customer service, I have always had great experiences when needing assistance from their customer support staff – they’re very knowledgeable about their product and quick to solve any issues we have encountered along the way. With Venmo has been exceptional, and I would highly recommend them as a payment processor for events of any size.

Pros

I absolutely love using Venmo to send and receive money! It's so easy and convenient, making it a great way to quickly send someone money without having to worry about cash or checks. I also really appreciate the security features that are in place with Venmo. They make sure my information is protected and secure when sending payments, which gives me peace of mind knowing that my sensitive data is safe. I think Venmo has an amazing user interface that makes transferring funds fast and straightforward. The ability to personalize transactions by attaching notes has been a fun addition as well; it adds an extra level of personalization when sending payments back and forth between friends or family members for various reasons.I'm very pleased with my experience thus far with Venmo - its convenience, security measures, user-friendly design & customization options have certainly made it one of the best payment platforms out there!

Cons

Venmo has some great features like reminders and payment tracking that help me stay organized. All in all, using Venmo for my transactions makes life simpler!

kawal
kawal
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Venmo user genuine review for the product

Reviewed on 25/07/2020

Venmo solves many business problems such as sending money becomes very easy using this product. Anyone within usa can transfer the money without any issue. Also, the money is very secure which using this software as it is very trusted software.

There are certain benefits which I have realized such as people can split bills such as dinner bill, tickets money and also the rent which is used to pay monthly. This benefits quite help people because they can use this application not only for money transfer, but also for splitting bills among each of them. Another benefit is that the transactions happen very quickly and its is quite stable.

Pros

There are many features which are most impactful such as easy way to transfer money to people and security of the software. By using venmo, anyone can send the money around united states of America to any other person by using this product. Moreover, sender who is using the application to send the money with security and this is the best part of using the product because your money is safe while it is being transferred.

In addition to this, the integration of this software is very easy with our existing business processes as you can easily install it in your cell phone and integrate with the systems.

Cons

There are certain features which I feel are missing such as people can only money to the person who is currently living in Unites states as you cannot send the money who is outside usa. Furthermore, there can be some things which could be improved such as very quick transfer of money and get notified faster than any other app in the market.

There are no aspects of the product which are difficult to use. The software can be easily used by someone who has basic knowledge of using a phone.

In addition to this, the integration is not difficult with our existing business processes. It is very easy to integrate this application.

Jared

Venmo User Review

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Venmo has made using multiple credit cards for a purchase obsolete. It has also allowed traditionally cash only transactions to be completed digitally. This app has reduced the need for me to carry cash.

Pros

Convenience is the best thing about venmo, almost all of my friends have the app and it makes sending money quick and easy. You can quickly transfer your venmo balance into your bank account which enables me to split bills with friends when doing a group activity or are out to dinner.

Cons

The worst part about venmo is that once a payment has been sent, the payment is final. Venmo has built in some features to prevent users from paying the wrong person, but it still leaves this payment system open to fraud. Someone can promise to do something for a venmo payment and not provide the goods/services, but still keep the payment as venmo will not help the sender recover the funds.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Payment got easier

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

So happy to use this amazing product. Makes payment pain-free and quick.

So happy to use this amazing product. Makes payment pain-free and quick.

Pros

The easiest way to pay for something is through venmo. With a couple of clicks you can pay, making it the most efficient and safe way to pay someone. And no service fees

Cons

Right now alot of sites/organizations/ people do not take venmo. I believe in the coming years this will be the main payment system throughout businesses.

Reasons for Choosing Venmo

Price and easier to use.

No service fees