ClickUp

4.7 (3,071)
Project management, task tracking, & professional goal tools

(3,071)
4.3/5

Jose J

ClickUp boosted the productivity in our team.

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

After I understood and teach my team how to deploy and integrate ClickUp into our business, it has been a great experience so far, not to mention the wonderful customer support from the ClickUp team. Also, they are releasing new great features every often that we immediately integrate into our workspaces.

Pros

What I like about ClickUp is that is a very powerful tool that allows me and my team to track tasks, brainstorm ideas, create documentation, content calendars, and planning, share tasks and documents with clients, and many more features that we are still discovering every day.

Cons

Understanding how to organize the workspaces in ClickUp could be a little overwhelming for certain users. In my personal case, I had to enroll on the ClickUp University site to understand certain features, however in their tutorials, they already had different workspaces with dummy information, but there was no explanation on how to create that information from scratch. Thankfully, I found a few YouTube videos that explained how to create information from scratch, following easy analogies from our everyday life.

Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I think we liked the idea to have all our product information and tracking in one place instead of jumping between apps now and then.

Great small business management option.

Reviewed on 30/07/2022

Pros

As a small business owner I loved that I could use ClickUp to perform the task of several other platforms, which keeps my subscription costs down and all my stuff in one place. It can get overwhelming and unproductive having data in various different places, so ClickUp has been able to help us solve that problem.

Cons

Sometimes the system is a bit slow, but I believe they've done a lot of work on improving the servers lately to address this issue. The thing I like least isnt against the software, but rather that there is SO many options, so you really need to do some planning before you dive in, so you don't get overwhelmed and lost in the options. There is lots of YouTube videos with ideas, but really, you need to work out what will work for you and your business. Once you do that pre-work, it makes the setup and use a lot easier. No 2 businesses are exactly the same when it comes to requirements. Take the time to work out what works for you.

• Industry: Medical Devices

Beta software in constant live production. Not usable.

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

Love and hate relationship - mostly hate recently. They advertise that Clickup will save me a day each week. Instead I lose a day or two every week struggling with bugs or waiting for server response.

Pros

Full featured work OS with huge amount of features. Very well designed user interface, lots of flexibility and higly customisable architecture. Free version is rather basic but paid plans offer quite a lot for the price.

Cons

I could write something about messy data structure or horrible mobile app. But there is something more imporant: bugs, bugs, bugs and bugs. This software is a constatnt beta that is being tested on customers. It is completely unusable in many areas. Service is down or unaccessible every couple of days or it's super slow. Even basic functions are not working properly and this is a constant for years. Dissapearing tasks, dissappearing lists and docs, UI glitches, constant crashes, random behaviour etc. Instead they keep pushing out new features constantly but they don't care that most of them are barely tested or even completly unusable. After 9 months we had to abbandon this crapware as it started to negatively impact our business. Just imagine you're on a meeting with client, you want to show him some doc and... it won't open. Just because.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

I truly appreciate the time that you are taking to share details about your experience: the good, the bad, and the ugly! We can take it, we promise!

I understand that coming across bugs can be annoying. I assure you, squashing every last one is something our developers and engineers are working tirelessly on!

We want nothing but the best for ClickUp users, and we will remain focused on fixing bugs, the overall speed of the platform, and expanding feature parity in our mobile apps. We are very grateful for feedback like yours. We are on it!

I understand that you have already switched to a different platform. I hope that you decide to give us a try again in the future!

Julia Maria
  • Industry: Information Services

Versatile project management tool with many customization options

Reviewed on 15/07/2022

We use ClickUp as an internal project management tool to structure and distribute pending tasks. We also track time, monitor the status and progress of tasks, integrate relevant documents, plan to-dos, assign, report and communicate through ClickUp. The tool can really do a lot and has helped us structure processes better and work on projects more consistently and efficiently. I also like to use it to plan and structure my tasks and feel I have a good overview of everything. The advantage is quite clear that project-related communication is done centrally. Then, the creation of a task list is not so tedious, because it can be done relatively quickly by assigning times. A task list is then automatically created from this - collaboration is now easier!

Pros

With ClickUp, you have quite a few functions in one place and you can use the tool in various ways. Whether it's project management, time tracking, archiving, document management, content planning, or briefings, ClickUp is really extensive and you can work in teams on different to-dos, assign tasks, enter times and deadlines, and so on. This way you can also see who is working on what and how busy the team is. ClickUp can be designed quite individually and I don't think you have to be tech-savvy to find your way around the tool. While there are a lot of features, nothing is really complicated. You can display different views, create to-do's as recurring, create dummy cards or even entire projects as templates, and much more.

Cons

Since there are so many functions, in my opinion, setting up the tool is quite time-consuming and complex. Sometimes things get lost and are not so easy to find again. It is better to be aware in advance of how you want to work with the tool and how it should be structured because it will grow quickly and become independent.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

ClickUp offers comprehensive features. The following features are the most important for me: 1. The ability to configure different views, such as Kanban, list mode, or, highly recommended, the Gantt chart, which is created automatically. 2 You can add Guest users to individual projects for free, advantageous for agencies 3. You can flexibly configure the notifications you want to receive for updates. Avoid spam.
Yasith

Sophisticated But the Best Project Management Tool I've used

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Having used Jira, Asana, and Notion I can say ClickUp stays on top of all these. Team members have enjoyed using it.

Pros

The main thing that made me move from Jira to Clickup is its flexibility. Different Projects have different workflows. With Clickup you can easily adapt. They have these modules which you can enable or disable for the project. It has all the tools necessary for project management.

Cons

It's a bit sophisticated with all the features it has. It doesn't support Epics which I really miss coming from Jira. Tried using the time management tool as well but it is too simple to make good use of it. Also, the desktop app doesn't update and I have to reload it all the time.

Asana and Notion

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Because Clickup was more flexible and had more features.

Jira
Wendell

Good project management tool

Reviewed on 09/07/2022

Overall the Clickup has been good. It is still one of my favorite softwares to manage a project. Its scalability in the free version is awesome. If there was more/better instructions to import datas from other softwares that would have saved a ton of time.

Pros

I really like how easy it has been to start new projects. The templates are awesome, have saved me lots of time.

Cons

Coming from another software it was hard to get used to how the data was structured and overall user experience. When importing my data from another software the instructions were confusing which let to a lot of lost time in figuring out how to fix thingsI

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Trello became confusing as I added more team members

Lucas

ClickUp is the best project management software that I've found.

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

I am very happy with my choice to move over from Asana.

Pros

It has a very robust set of features, and it has excellent integrations with tools like Zapier.

Cons

There are some performance issues that could slow you down, such as a change you make taking a couple seconds to "take." You'll want to be aware of this so that you don't accidentally create something twice, for instance.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I found Asana a bit limiting in terms of its automation and organization features.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

It seemed to have more robust automation and integrations.

Fantastic tool for development and analytics work

Reviewed on 31/07/2022

Pros

We our ClickUp in our small/med tech company for main dev work inside our analytics team. This outperforms Trello by a ton and offers so much more features. Also the seamless integration across multiple boards is huge for working seamlessly with other teams.

Cons

Too much configuration available. Pricing structure is confusing, usually that one "feature" you want is locked behind the next pricing tier.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review!

We're so happy to have you here from Trello.

If you find that you or your team are overwhelmed by our features and configurations, we recommend reviewing your ClickApps. ClickApps are tools that can be turned on or off to enhance your experience in the ClickUp platform!

You can learn more about the features that are included in each plan here: https://clickup.com/pricing!

Please feel free to reach out to us via chat or email at [email protected] if you have any questions about our plans and pricing.

el mahdi
  • Industry: Information Services

Project management with a steel fist

Reviewed on 09/07/2022

Excellent and practical, helped me track a lot of projects, its capabilities and services can not be limited, an acceptable price

Pros

ClickUp Excellent allows comprehensive project control with a lot of multiple services, no limit to the possibilities

Cons

It is difficult to find the negatives of this great program, but we will mention some of them:
- It is characterized by a lot of capabilities and services that we still do not know many of. It would be good to introduce them all through small videos
- Data upload speed is not fast

Tenny
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A good way to manage group and individual projects more effectively

Reviewed on 18/07/2022

I am using ClickUP for all my projects at university. I see it significantly effective to manage tasks and really want my small company to install it but they said to consider. I also use it for personal purposes to create mutual projects with my partners.

Pros

This app allows me to assign tasks to members in group project more effectively. Despite the usage of free trail, I think it's enough for university projects. It helps me follow up tasks done by memebers better and keep up with timing.

Cons

I think ClickUP give much customisation for users so sometimes I have to keep learning new to adapt. It is also a bit heavy to keep all docs in phone.

Notion

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Because I see ClickUP requires the least time to set up at the beginning and to learn how to use it.
Andrea

ClickUp Gets The Job Done

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

I think it's a great tool and it definitely keeps me and my coworkers on task. We use it to gather ideas, as well as for our tasks. It's nice to be able to see where someone is on a project that I'm also involved with. I can see their timeline and how much they have accomplished so I know when it's coming to me. While it takes a while to learn, once you do, it's super helpful.

Pros

I like the variety of options for how to view your tasks and projects. I like the ability to create and use templates, which saves time. The recurring options are nice for those tasks that I do daily, weekly, and monthly. It's so customizable. I also like that you can change colors according to your needs. The tags are super helpful, too.

Cons

It had a large learning curve at the beginning. The fact that it has SO many options can also make it difficult to navigate sometimes. It takes a while to get the hang of everything. Also, for some reason, my timer for tasks was constantly messing up. Probably once a week it would track more than one thing at a time or not track something it should have been.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Andrea!

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such an amazing review!

We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp!

If you find that you are still overwhelmed by our features, we recommend reviewing your ClickApps. ClickApps are tools that can be turned on or off to enhance your experience in the ClickUp platform!

We also have quite a few options to help you get more familiar with ClickUp if you still need assistance!

ClickUp University is the best way to learn ClickUp fundamentals. It is free, on-demand, and your team can access it 24/7! You can learn more about ClickUp University and sign up here: https://university.clickup.com/!

Please feel free to reach out to us via chat or email at [email protected] to discuss the available resources.

Isdiana

Project productivity booster

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Pros

More than a year into using ClickUp, I've discovered several capabilities that come in handy when carrying out a task. With this app, I can save a lot of time by automating processes, which is the most considerable relief. By making it easy for users to report issues, the software development team has the information they need to make necessary improvements.

Cons

In many cases, there are too many alternatives to choose from. ClickUp's most exciting feature is its ability to be wholly tweaked. Users will have to play around with the settings to get the most performance out of the app, which may be time-consuming. Finally, the interface design may need some improvement. Blank areas and panes might be challenging to understand because of the limited font size and the hued colour scheme.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Isdiana!

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review.

We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp!

We understand that it can take some time to become familiar with all of our features! We have quite a few options to help you and your team if you still need assistance!

Bhavik Singh

Want to organize tasks? Look up for ClickUp!

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

ClickUp is a great task management tool that helps me keep my team organized and on track. I love that I can create custom tasks and subtasks and that I can collaborate with my team on each task. ClickUp has also been a great way to keep my team organized, as I can create spaces for each team member and assign tasks accordingly. Overall, I highly recommend ClickUp to anyone looking for a great task management tool.

Pros

I have been using ClickUp for some time and absolutely love it. Personally, it has helped me to be more organized and productive. I know these two words get overused like some random metaphors, but it's no less than the truth.

I love that I can customize the tasks, and subtasks and collaborate with my team. The spaces feature is also very helpful. It helped us define spaces for different functions (marketing, content, devs, etc.). The tasks are also very customizable, which is great if you need to add subtasks or collaborate with others.

In addition, the UI is pretty user-friendly, and the support is great. Overall, I would recommend ClickUp to anyone looking for a great task management tool.
So, if you're looking for a great task management tool, ClickUp is definitely worth checking out.

Cons

I don't have many complaints, but if there were one thing that really annoys me about ClickUp is that it sometimes tends to lag big time when there is a lot of data on the content board or the document/editor. It becomes quite annoying when you're short of time. Apart from that, there's one more thing that makes the content board kind of cluttered. When I look at the finished tasks, I could see some of them from 3-4 months back. Now, over time, these grow and look cluttered. I wish there was a way where the finished tasks get archived or something after a month and a half to keep the dashboard clear. You see, a cluttered desk leads to a cluttered mind... not something desirable.

Bethany

Easy to use & great price for what you get!

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

This is one of the most affordable software's of it's kind that I have found. I actually recommend to friends who have small or emerging businesses who need a Project Management System. I consult on the side for Project Management and ClickUp is always on the top of my list, especially for smaller organizations. The Free to Use accounts are great for individuals and the business plan models are priced well and include a myriad of features. I love that in ClickUp new features are always being added. You can request new features and watch them gain traction in real time and see when the feature request goes from a concept or ask, to something in process, to the launch of the new feature. ClickUp seems to be always working actively to improve their user experiences and the customer support is A+.

Pros

Easy to use and customize to your needs.
Great price point for what you get.
Visually appealing.
Easy to onboard.
Customer Support is superb.
New features being added all the time.
Feature request system is great.
Getting better everyday!

Cons

Some features are still being fleshed out, however the developers are focused and quick so as new feature requests or better use suggestions are made, updates happen regularly.

monday.com, Asana and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Price, features, ease of use, customer support.
Denise

It allows flexible team cooperation on daily activities

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Organization of a little project. It sits perfectly in the middle of the two extremes: too basic and too complex. When it comes to connecting chores and keeping track of them all in one location, there is no limit to the possibilities. To have all my work documented correctly, it's nice that you can insert comments and embeds, even Genially.

Pros

All of the templates and their adaptability give a clear picture of the possibilities. Fortunately, the Clickup university and other resources, such as videos, make a wealth of learning readily available. This makes it simpler for me to keep track of the many projects on which my team is currently working, allowing me to better allocate resources and time.

Cons

Even if you think you're on a subpage of a document, it might be difficult to tell. It's difficult to see the differences between two templates with the same name.

Melissa
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Useful software for managing projects and tasks

Reviewed on 05/06/2022

It's a breeze to keep track of everything. All tasks may be monitored in a highly dynamic way. It is incredibly easy to distribute feature releases with non-technical employees in a highly effective manner. Many issues, such as tying PRs to tasks and monitoring their status, may be resolved by integrating GitHub with ClickUp.

Pros

I like how tasks are organized by status and how many columns are available for each work. Every day, I utilize ClickUp's time-tracking tool to estimate project completion dates, and I love how simple it is to organize tasks involving many different participants.

Cons

It took me a long time to figure out several problems with ClickUp. One improvement occurred to me after a few minutes of contemplation. A green dot appears on the profile of someone who isn't using ClickUp, making it appear as if they are online. Those who are utilizing may appear to be disconnected from the Internet at times.

Siokas
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ClickUP is a tool that revolutionises project management

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

I started using ClickUp the minute I learned about it and the expirience was amazing. I transfered all my projects to ClickUp in order to increase my productivity.

Pros

The ability to integrate the different tools and apps from other companies to ClickUp in a way that increases productivity. Additionally, this helps adapt the dashboard to the needs of the team and the project, thus making it a useful and powerful tool. Also, the teams brings new ideas and services coniniously.

Cons

The only thing I found difficult to use is the automation features. It was difficult for me to underrstand it without trial and a preview was not available to help me understand its impact before appling it to the main pipeline of the project management.

Microsoft Planner, Trello, Microsoft Project and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Everyone was supporting the impact a project management tool has on the efficiency and effectiveness, but I could not see that from the tools I was already using. Therefore, I was looking for a tool to suit my needs.

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I switched for two reasons. First, the dashboard of ClickUp was way friendlier and, second, the ease of integrating other apps to the main dashboard.
Angel

Suitable for teams that need to ensure assignments are done on time.

Reviewed on 04/06/2022

ClickUp encourages teamwork so that, in case of a difficulty, we can request a consultation without holding meetings or sending dozens of emails. We can monitor project operations with ClickUp. We can evaluate activity status and make decisions to solve difficulties.

Pros

ClickUp's simplicity, beautiful user panel, and convenience of use persuaded us to use it in our project management, especially for handling activities and projects that require rigorous follow-up and attention to detail. One of the best ClickUp strategies is customizing the project database so all team members can develop and edit workflow diagrams together. I enjoy that ClickUp provides us with superb project management tools and a lot of collaborative capabilities. With ClickUp, we can build a project board and start adding its activities, as ClickUp allows us to prepare realistic programs where all members may contribute by inputting tasks, dates, and their relationship to other activities and adding remarks. ClickUp offers multiple views of task schedules that we may manage. Each member will update tasks and notify the others. ClickUp's automation features dynamically change dates for following tasks based on project state and past activities. I like ClickUp's reports and Dashboard, which help us determine the project's status and any concerns.

Cons

As for the cons, I didn't test many because ClickUp is intuitive and easy-to-use and tackles many project management concerns quickly, including communication among team members, updating tasks, and extracting reports covering all project modifications. ClickUp can't follow large projects with multiple layers of WBS and thousands of activities, which is the sole downside. ClickUp is wonderful for small projects with few tasks.

Jessica

It's simple to use, has a nice UI, and makes it simple to collaborate

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

We were able to get all of our teams on the same page by using ClickUp. I enjoy ClickUp because it offers an app that I can use on my mobile device to keep track of my activities.. You may add subtasks, a description, and a priority to each task. It's a really user-friendly UI. In addition, the images and colors used are tasteful. It makes tedious tasks more bearable.

Pros

Using ClickUp, many teams may collaborate on the same project/task from a single location. To have those in command and those who only need to be informed of what is going on without taking any tangible measures is wonderful. Team members don't meet in person, which might lead to misunderstandings about work procedures.

Cons

There's a learning curve because there are so many options and options for customization. Getting the hang of it and making full use of it might take some time. The functionality of several of the features has been reduced to a "minimum viable product," thus they still require improvement.

Shaheer

Best Product in the World to Manage Tasks

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

If you're looking for a project management solution for your team, ClickUp is a great choice. This proprietary tool has a user-friendly interface, many integrations, and a powerful free version. While free versions of software often lack features, ClickUp supports most of the features found in paid versions, including task dependencies, file attachments, and email notifications. This makes it a versatile tool for teams of all sizes.

The software allows you to set priorities and assign tasks to team members. You can create custom statuses for projects so that team members can see which tasks are higher priority. You can even set your own timeframe for reviewing work and assigning tasks. A common approval process can improve communication, clear roadblocks, and improve responsiveness. It also allows you to assign tasks directly from comments, thereby reducing miscommunication.

Pros

The ClickUp interface is divided into three main sections: Project Management, Task Management, and Time Tracking. Each of these sections allows users to manage projects by adding start and end dates, individual tasks, and subtasks. Once an individual adds a task, they can assign it to team members. In addition to assigning tasks, users can also add clients or partners for each project. Once a project has been assigned, the users can estimate its time-to-complete.

The integration between ClickUp and Giphy is a powerful and intuitive feature. The two apps are easy to use and can help streamline complicated workspaces and busy schedules. Google Calendar and ClickUp can be easily synchronized with one another. Users no longer have to manually schedule meetings and can block time for more important work. The ClickUp Chrome extension makes it easier to complete tasks without logging in to separate programs. This allows for better teamwork and increased productivity.

Cons

Besides having a robust notification system, ClickUp has some limitations. Though the app has a wide range of features, some of them are not available. The company's ethos is to increase by 1% every single day, and that extends to the product itself. For this reason, it adds new features and improvements right away, even if they aren't perfect. This mantra is also reflected in ClickUp's notification system.

Shayla
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

ClickUp has several functionalities and is easy to use

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

The management team uses ClickUp to keep track of activities and projects on a bi-weekly basis. It's been a great tool for keeping track of tasks in general. Unfortunately, the product isn't working effectively for our group since we haven't utilized it regularly enough to get everyone on board in understanding the system.

Pros

My work group's productivity has skyrocketed since I began using this program. As a result, we're able to streamline the management of many initiatives. Having certain templates makes them extremely simple, keeping all the files in one place, making it easier to coordinate with the project members, and helping to finish it in an expected time and with great security.

Cons

In turns out that keeping track of items correctly necessitates meticulous tagging and categorization of each and every item. Some members of our staff have been unable to meet this new standard.

Gabriel

Feature rich, maybe too rich

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Overall it's a really nice tool to work with; In my personal opinion, it is way better than devops and more customizable than JIRA.
And I guess it wasn't only me; the team also felt comfortable enough that we even started using it for retrospectives.

Pros

I liked that every one of us (we were a 10-men dev team featuring 2x QA, SCM, PO and DEVS) was able to create as many customized views and lists and what-not.
Aggregation worked amazing - especially when grouping things together for exports and reporting
Sub tasks - we used that alot for "task-scoping" (basically task breakdown) and on the business plan it also allowed us to assign hour estimates

Cons

Two things over here:
- we were on the Business pricing plan - we could have worked with Unlimited, except that there was this one feature (resource vs. task allocation) that we really needed; it was kind of annoying to have to switch to the next tier just to get this one little thing working
- customizations - ClickUp allows you to pretty much configure EVERYTHING, so it made it a bit hard to set it up properly. I remember that we figured out at some point that we can disable things at list level, but this only got rid of part of the problem.

Jira and Azure DevOps Services

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

We had previous experience with them; JIRA was a pretty solid choice, but it's pricing makes it rather expensive; devops - just no :)
Katie

Love ClickUp

Reviewed on 15/04/2022

I've been using ClickUP for 2+ years, and am very pleased with the product, and for the features included at a very reasonable price. I look forward to some autoamtion updates, but overall I'm so glad for this tool as my business hub.

Pros

ClickUp is the spot for all your business projects, project management, managing a remote team, etc. I have been able to grow and scale my business because of ClickUp.

Cons

Some of the automations have been clunky recently. Could use a few improvements there, along with the mobile app.

Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Asana didn't have the repeating transactions like I needed.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Better overall features and had needed annual tasks setup I needed. I manage events and have things that have to happen at the same time each year, and ClickUP set that up the best.
Marcos

It saved our Business and will save yours.

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

It's way too flexible and I can do whatever me and me team want.

We were trying to find a Simple Tool. We just wanted to write tasks and don't forget about it. We wanted to get them done. But with our daily basis jobs, sometimes you forget things. And clickup saved us. We tried asana and trello, but somehow, didn't fit our workflow and we were missing deadlines and forgetting tasks.

It's perfect for small businesses. For sure, I'll keep clickup in my business for long time.

Pros

I like the simplicity for creating, organizing and schedule tasks. For our team, the sprints views were the best. Also, the ability to display the same tasks in different personalized views, even for each member was the best. We don't always look at the same, and this was a game changer. Similar software like asana or trello or event Project, failed to achieve and understand this: "We want to see the same data, but with our very own eyes".

Cons

I don't see it have cons. But I would like more flexibility in the list view filters for dates. For example having ANDs & ORs for several dates conditions (yes i'm a developer).

Trello, Asana, Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Clickup has the chameleon ability. It can change the views, but the info is the same. We can have lists, boards, gantt, sprints, etc. without having to create the tasks again. And we love that. Also is super easy to use. We didn't need any special training.

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Because of the price and the ease of use. Also, the free plan is really a free plan. You can use almost all features.
Paddy
  • Industry: Entertainment

Solid, constantly improving, one to rule them all

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

One of the few SaaS I chose to pay for instead of using the (well featured) free tier. Recent job needed non-user people to submit dietary requirements, 2 minutes later I had a form that crated tasks that were assigned to the catering manager who could then update their statuses as they made the necessary changes. Click-Up is almost a platform upon which to create custom line-of-bisiness applications, so rather than being bound to a particular tool's workflow/constraints you're always able to tweak any feature to fit your own way of working.

Pros

Like lists? Click-Up does lists. Like Gantt charts, done. Kanban boards? Yep. Need to see the calendar or some kind of timeline? Yep. Mind maps? Got'em. Whiteboards? Yep. Public forms? You guessed it. The bit where it gets useful is that they're all just views on the same underlying data, so everyone can work how they prefer. Automations are functional and included, big plus for project management. Updates are constant, with new features and integrations available to add/vote on.

Cons

The default UI is very low contrast and horrible. There are high contrast and dark modes, which I suggest for anyone wanting functionality. The power can make the tool seem a little daunting when you're getting started, but start simple then explore.

Freedcamp, Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Trello hit a ceiling pretty quickly - automations or getting data out or custom fields etc. Simple but inflexible by comparison.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Right balance of price and functionality, and the active development of user-requested features means you always feel like you're getting value. It replaces a few other tools, too. Bug tracking, project management, etc.