Klaviyo

4.4/5
4.3/5

Brandon
Brandon

Great option if budget is no concern

Reviewed on 01/11/2023

Klaviyo def helped me grow my email marketing revenue and helped grow my business overall. It syncs well with many platforms, like Shopify, which makes rolling out campaigns super quick and easy.

Pros

Klaviyo was super easy to use. Platform was straightforward and easy to navigate. Customer service was always very responsive and helpful on any and every issue that I had. Findining freelancers to work on Klaviyo was also very easy.

Cons

It starts to get really expensive quite quickly as your subscribers increase. I was paying $600 a month before I cancelled my account and that is why I cancelled my account. Bento is a much better option and a much better value, which is what I use now.

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Bento is better, cheaper, and the customer support is superb.

Bento

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Klaviyo offered a much more robust set of solutions compared to mailchimp but that may have changed now. It seems like the playing field has leveled out in recent times.
Finn

More Than Just Emails...

Reviewed on 20/12/2023

Pros

Klaviyo provides a huge tech stack for e-com merchants underneath one umbrella - Email Campaigns, Flow Automations, Targeted Pop-ups, Customer Data Management and more. This reduces the need to duct-tape other tools together and helps deliver a more holistic experience for both the operator & consumers.

Cons

SMS is a huge brand opportunity for many clients and can drive a high ROI. However, credits for brands outside of the US are on average 2x more expensive which does erode the return. If Klaviyo could find a way to standardise/stablise credit costs between countries, more merchants outside of the US might uptake vs other competitor brands.

Drip

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Klaviyo seemed to have slightly better capability + an extensive library of partner integrations.
Dayle
Dayle
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great product... with problems.

Reviewed on 26/12/2019

Being a developer myself, I informed the Klaviyo team of the deprecated code errors their plugin was displaying on peoples websites, and to the fact that their plugin slowed customers websites down drastically. The reply I received a couple of days later was:

"Unfortunately we do not update our plugin very often - but our team will get around to it eventually."

This was 2 years ago, and the plugin still has not been corrected. So it still produces errors, and still slows peoples websites down.

Pros

Klaviyo is extremely easy to setup, especially compared to its competitors.

You have the freedom to link Klaviyo with your Wordpress/WooCommerce website seamlessly.

Everything can be automated! Such as emails after order received, emails after payment received, multiple emails after certain time duration's for things like newsletter subscriptions and a lot more options are available to include users website Wishlists, items they left in their shopping carts to remind them, and all emails are fully customisation using the Klaviyo's inbuilt email form designer.

You can also arrange customer lists, newsletter subscription user lists, and any other lists you may require. The possibilities are endless!

Cons

Using Klaviyo on your Wordpress website as subscription signup form slows your website down, a lot!

Although unnoticeable to customers surfing your site, Klaviyo also throws a few error on your page as it uses deprecated (out-dated) code.

If the Klaviyo form builder doesn't produce the look/type of form you require, then you must build the form yourself by coding direct on your website (Which beats the point of having a form builder).

The Klaviyo plugin does not update, and never announces that there is a new version. You must remove the plugin from your website, manually download the latest version from their website, and then upload/install/activate the new plugin.

There is no option to change languages or string translations of forms, form input boxes, or form buttons. And these translations cannot be picked up in Wordpress plugins such as Lingotek or Polylang. The same applies to the confirmation pages after the user submits the forms.

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

I signed up to Klaviyo as a trial to experience another software other than my current software. So I had some sort of comparison, and to see if there were any additional features. Which I can confirm there are a lot more options, features, and ease of use with Klaviyo.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

I made the switch from MailChimp to Klaviyo after a trial basis of Klaviyo and finding there is more I was able to do and accomplish. However, I later reverted back to using MailChimp as I did not want the errors on my pages that Klaviyo provides, and I did not want to radically decrease the loads speed of pages for my customers. People lose interest quick while waiting for a page to load, page load speeds mean EVERYTHING! So the choice I had was less email features or lose customers. I chose less email features.
RACEHL

6+ Years on Klaviyo

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

Pros

I love the ease of use, likely because we've used it for so long and I'm so familiar with the platform. When they do make updates, it's not too much at once in the way many companies go about updating. The email editor is simple, the ability to a/b test is as well. Overall great functionality.

Cons

I think the native content boxes can be more customizable although they are improving slowly. I'd love to be able to set the font sizes on mobile to be a percentage of the size on desktop instead of choosing multiple font sizes. They used to have amazing support, it's nowhere near where it used to be.

Hemal

Good for beginners

Reviewed on 04/08/2023

Pros

For automation, email sequences, and website pop-ups, Klaviyo is perfect. It is very easy to use and set up all of the things. One more thing, for website widgets, they don't have a watermark

Cons

Before Klaviyo has 1K subscribers but they have recently decreased the maximum limit to just 250.

ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, MailerLite, GetResponse and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

MailerLite is giving 1K subscribers in free plan.

MailerLite
Bo
Bo
  • Industry: Banking

Many features

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

The ready to use templates of campaigns are very useful and had given us opportunity to test them all before activating campaigns. The usage of targeting correct customers helped us to see the points where we missed before.

Pros

Klaviyo could be the best when it comes to behaviour based automations especially building customer profiles and targets the correct customers when creating and building the sms or e-mail campaigns. Also it can create and simulate campaigns before launching them and gives you a forecast for future months and years.

Cons

Has lots of reporting and analytics features but customizing them are not so practical, high management might not see them appealing.

Xavier
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great but ramps up in price VERY quickly!

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

Excellent, just wish it didn't feel like a nasty surprise to hit the higher levels of subscription.

Pros

It's a great tool - Easy to set up templates and to create flows. Great for pop ups (means I had to use one app less!) too. Would recommend.

Cons

It's such a good tool but it's such a shame that as soon as you start to ramp up, the price increase is quite substantial.

Ricardo
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The king of email marketing to me.

Reviewed on 08/05/2024

Pros

The features and marketing segmentation are the best I've seen. Can get into deep detail with my emails.

Cons

Can get expensive, especially if using old email lists.

Kyle

A necessary software for e-commerce

Reviewed on 03/04/2024

Pros

Klaviyo has a ton of features built in to get your emails shows to the masses. I am not an email expert but I am able to figure it out.

Cons

I can get a little confused with the terms used for different areas of the software. They sound similar to me

Daniela
  • Industry: Translation & Localization
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Game changer for email marketing

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Pros

The email marketing features are intuitive and easy to use. I've seen a noticeable increase in engagement and sales since I started using the segmentation and automation tools. Plus, it's easy to integrate with Shopify, so you can sync data and track performance.

Cons

The prices be relatively high compared to other email marketing platforms which can be tough for businesses with smaller budgets or newbies.

Arthur

Best CRM for ecommerce, Worst for Customer Support

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

With no phone support and 30 - 40 minute wait times for chat support and 24 hour response times for email support and no support on weekends, this makes Klaviyo's customer support the absolute worst I have ever seen. Maybe it's due to their growing pains. Their support staff are a mixed bag in terms of knowledge and being helpful and while that's not the norm for most SASS companies, I think that's pretty common across most CRM companies.

Pros

Fairly easy to learn for such powerful software
Integration with Facebook
Their native integrations and Not having to use Zapier for a lot of my integrations.

Cons

There is almost nothing to not like about this software but to learn it, you need to learn Klaviyo speak.
If I had to pick one thing it would be some of the finicky ways in which the email builder acts when dragging in a new widget or row and trying to position it.

Dennis
Dennis

A glowing beacon in a saturated market

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Fantastic from beginning to end. I would suggest Klaviyo to anyone.

Fantastic from beginning to end. I would suggest Klaviyo to anyone.

Pros

There are hundreds of email marketing managers, and they all pale in comparison to Klaviyo. Instead of trying to be a jack of all trades, Klaviyo focused on making the best e-commerce marketing platform, PERIOD. The integration with Shopify is an utter game changer, and makes it possible to actually feel in control of your marketing.

Cons

When it comes to Klaviyo, there is a bit of a learning curve. They do make sure there are plenty of resources, so if you want to learn you will.

Brevo

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

For the focused look into e-commerce and the commitment to make the best e-commerce marketing resource.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Klaviyo is more focused on e-commerce which is my primary focus.
Marcus

Used it for 4+ years

Reviewed on 19/03/2023

We use it every day and there's no real reason for us to switch to another platform.

Pros

It just works. Sure, it's a bit expensive but it's 100% worth it if you know how to do email marketing.

Cons

Expensive.SMS marketing isn't available in Europe.Building forms/popups could be more advanced and customizable.

Drip

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Mailchimp's integration with Shopify was removed for some time, so we decided to make the jump. This was back in 2019, if I remember correctly.

Zenia

Worth the price point if you have an audience

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

Overall I have had a good experience with Klaviyo. They do what they do well. I find them a little expensive, but I can't deny that they have a good quality product. I would recommend this product if you have an established email list, or if you have plans for growing a list quickly. Not sure the price tag would be worth it if you didn't have many clients to write to!

Pros

I find the email builder to be easy to use and the emails look good. The ability to choose different content based on desktop or mobile is HUGE for me.

Cons

My least favourite thing about Klaviyo is probably that you can only upload one image at a time. It's a small thing but it annoys me every time.Also, it bills based on profiles, and takes ALL profiles from your Woocommerce account whether they're signed up for email or not. When I made noises about this, they said I should reduce the number of profiles on woocommerce, but that would mean losing valuable customer data in an industry where customer relationships can last for decades.

Emotive and Attentive

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

We were interested in trying SMS, and I liked that Klaviyo allowed me to use email and SMS while avoiding sending both to the same customer at once. Full disclosure: I did end up swapping to Attentive for SMS because their sign up form got way more traffic in the free test.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

The ability to set campaigns and journeys to behave differently if the customer was subbed to SMS and/or email. Again, I did end up swapping to Attentive for SMS, but I really do like Klaviyo for email.
Veronica

Best email app ever!

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

I have only been using Klaviyo for 3 months and I only wish I had discovered it before. If you sell online through an e-commerce platform give it a try! You will not regret it!

Pros

I have nothing but good things to say about Klaviyo. It is filled with great features like no other email app I have seen before; it has a very friendly interface that makes email creation a breeze; excellent analytics and a very fair price.
The other huge plus is their amazing customer service! They are on their toes waiting to help you! Superfast, super-efficient!

Cons

I still have not learned to use this app in all its depth, but their triggers and segmentations are amazing. There is nothing not to like in this app.

Kate

Upgrade from Mailchimp

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

Pros

I had been thinking about switching to Klaviyo for a year, and I am glad I did! I have been using for about 4 months now. I love the multi-step automation email and SMS paths of Klaviyo - I am always in touch with customers in a personalized way. The overall design I prefer Klaviyo to Mailchimp. The interface is clean, easy and full of data. The layouts that come with Klaviyo for campaigns are modern and well-designed. It makes designing emails actually fun again! I am excited to continue to implement all the new features Klaviyo offers in my marketing. The possibilities seem endless and I am already seeing great results!

Cons

Because of all the features offered in Klaviyo, there was a learning curve and it took time to implement and switch but definitely worth it and necessary!

John

Klavyio could be better

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

It is true that Klaviyo has been the leading email marketing software for some time now. However, there are some signs that this may not be the case for much longer.

Pros

Klavyio's integration with almost any product in the market is one of its best features. This allows users to integrate Klavyio into their existing workflows and systems seamlessly. Klavyio's wide range of integrations makes it a versatile tool that can be used in many different ways.

Cons

Klavyio's interface is in dire need of an upgrade. It is outdated and does not meet the needs of modern users. The interface is clunky and difficult to use, and it does not provide users' needed features. Klavyio needs to modernize its interface and provide a more user-friendly experience.

Omnisend

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Mailchimp was dumped by Shopify at the moment.

Connor

The #1 email marketing platform for eCommerce brands.

Reviewed on 21/01/2022

Pros

I love the ability to integrate Klaviyo with all the essential apps within my eCommerce businesses to enable extremely powerful automated flows to send the right messages at the right time.

Cons

I wish the pricing was a bit more comparable to Mailchimp, but when setup properly the results make it worth it. Additionally, I wish the SMS feature was a bit better and more polished.

Tareq
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The best tools to seamlessly create and schedule campaigns across email

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

Klaviyo has revolutionized the way we organize our campaigns via email. With Klaviyo's help, we have expanded our campaign scope and targeted new customer segments. Its robust analytics and reporting capabilities have allowed us to create and update our database continually, keeping us informed of consumer trends and interests. Thanks to Klaviyo, we can stay ahead of the competition and connect with our customers more effectively.

Pros

Klaviyo is an excellent platform that simplifies email campaign setup with automation and easy post scheduling. It provides a plethora of email templates suitable for all needs, making campaign creation hassle-free. Moreover, we can quickly adjust and reuse previous campaigns to fit the new content, saving time and effort. The segmentation tools enable us to create custom lists effortlessly, resulting in targeted mailings and improved results. The product suggestion feature, which is based on customer behavior, is a standout feature as it allows us to create campaigns that cater to customer aspirations. Klaviyo integrates seamlessly with our core marketing channels, and its analytics and reporting capabilities are top-notch.

Cons

Klaviyo's ease of use is unparalleled. Its modern user interface is effortless to navigate, and the platform offers a plethora of ready-made templates that cater to all our needs. Moreover, their support team is exceptional, always responsive and helpful, making the entire experience seamless.

Liza
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A powerful tool to implement a unique advertising campaign via email and SMS

Reviewed on 01/06/2022

With Klaviyo, our e-mail and SMS marketing capabilities have evolved, and we can expand our marketing operations and target new segments of customers. With Klaviyo, we also have a library of analytics for all our previous campaigns, and we've taken advantage of it by keeping its flaws under scrutiny and continuous improvement.

Pros

I love the fact that Klaviyo gives us multiple options so that we can filter existing and potential customers and send out promotions and alerts on a regular basis. I love Klaviyo's ability to categorize customers into multiple segments based on their data and past transaction history, allowing for unique email and SMS formatting to suit each segment's needs. I also like the fact that it is easy to create new campaigns by using the ready-made templates provided by Klaviyo, and I also like the ease of importing and preparing contact lists and also scheduling send dates. I appreciate the excellent reports that Klaviyo provides us with, which give us a comprehensive analysis of the interaction of customers with our campaigns, and we can determine by means of these reports the extent of the success of those campaigns.

Cons

I haven't had any technical issues with Klaviyo. The user interface is very intuitive, all the tools are clear and easy to use, and I love the fact that there is a support team ready to help us and answer our queries at all times.

Michele

Great platform but poor CS

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

The platform itself is great. The level of service from our Customer Success rep is awful. It's like crickets when you try and contact them for an issue. So our team usually contacts both Support and our CS rep. And most of the time Support replies first. You would think a dedicated CS rep who provide a level of service that you'd want to recommend to others. Instead, we never know when we'll hear from our rep. We cross our fingers that Support can answer our questions. I think that's ridiculous. Klaviyo needs to improve this most definitely.

Pros

Klaviyo integrates very easily with so many platforms. It's easy to use and has great segmentation tools.

Cons

SMS is not great. They recently rebranded which completely throws me off with their new color choice. I almost felt like the rebrand was a way to cover up a whole lot of changes that they didn't want people to notice.

Omnisend, Mailchimp and Listrak
Joanna
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Klaviyo is 35% of our sales!

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Pros

Klaviyo is honestly amazing. We have 260,000 contacts and spend $2100 a month. I love how much revenue it generates for us!

Cons

I would say just more integrations would help.

Mailchimp Transactional Email and Mailchimp

Klaviyo had more offerings

ConvertKit
Carlos
  • Industry: Entertainment

Klaviyo

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Email marketing. It is the best platform for email marketing.

Email marketing. It is the best platform for email marketing.

Pros

This is probably the best platform for email marketing I have ever tried. Well, I use it for my online store in order to send twice a week week newsletters to my customers' inboxes. Besides the multiple options that Klaviyo has, which makes it easy to give life to any pattern / combination of emails possibly out there, pricing is really fair, and they count with a free plan as well. Designing is also easy. I have fulfilled all my expectations when it was the time to create emails to be sent to customers. Something that I really like is the local time for delivering emails because sometimes customers have different time zones; if email is supposed to arrive at 9AM, then it would arrive at that time (for customers). Also, I have to mention the extense documentation that Klaviyo has. Customer service is through email, but they always answer back to you in as soon as 2 hours or less.

Cons

They could make pricing a little more advantageous for their clients.

Reasons for Switching to Klaviyo

Klaviyo has all the necessary features.
Alice

Overall pretty good but new features and fixing usability issues are non-existent

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Good overall in terms of ease of use and the campaign builders but frustrating that stupid little issues aren't fixed for years and there's nothing new really. I think if you are just starting out with email automation or segmenting your contacts then Klaviyo is a great option.

Pros

It's easy to set up and pretty easy to use. The segmentation is overall pretty good, covering most possible scenarios/properties to group contacts. Flows are quite easy to set up and the campaign drag and drop builder isn't bad.

Cons

We have been using Klaviyo for at least 5 years and I can't think of all that much that has changed in that time. There are usability issues that I, and I'm sure others, brought up 3 or 4 years ago that are still there. They don't have any way to provide feedback or feature requests anymore (that I can see). It just feels a bit like they've got comfortable and aren't working on new features that their users really want/need. Everything just looks a little bit outdated now and I get really frustrated with the limitations of the software.

Hjalte
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The best email solution for ecommerce

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Klaviyo is hands down the BEST solution for any serious ecommerce shop. If you are using shopify, there is no question, that Klavio is the way to go.

Want to only send an email to people who bought widget a, but not widget B and haven't made a purchase in 3 months? No problem, with Klaviyo, you can easily do that.

What about people who have made a purchase in the last 7 days, and have also spent more than $500 on your site... and not purchased widget c? Not a problem.

How about targeting those exact audiences on facebook? Again, it's as easy as clicking a button. Klaviyo can sync all your segments with facebook.

The only not-so-great thing about Klaviyo, is that it has a slightly steeper learning curve than your usual just-getting-started email service. But the support is great and they have some awesome templates to help you get started.

I could go on and on about how amazing Klaviyo is, but instead I'll just say this: If you have an ecommerce store, you owe it to yourself to test out klaviyo. I am glad I did (and so are my wallet ;)

Pros

Can do pretty much everything, when it comes to email marketing.

Cons

It takes a little longer to get used to. With advanced features come a steeper learning curve.