MyStudentsProgress.com Reviews

4.3/5
4.3/5
4.8/5

Jessica

great customer service and support

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Everything is online at the touch of a button. You do not have to be at the school to look up information.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly once you have been trained on how to use each module. I also like that parents can update certain information and that report cards can be sent out electronically.

Cons

Would be nice to have an online video on how to use the different modules for a teacher, a parent, and an admin. Like one video for each user that will train them in one session. The only other thing would be to make it possible for an admin to go in and view/change a parent, teacher, and student passwords when they get locked out or are just starting to use the program.

Michelle

Good for what it does

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

The program has excellent resources, they are just very difficult to get to. The interface is not intuitive and there are far too many layers and drop down menus to make it quick to navigate until you really know what you are doing. Customer support has been excellent, which is a plus since we've definitely needed their help to find things we know the program can do but, again, they are not immediately evident in the top layer of menus, or take too many stops to accomplish.

Pros

It fits our budget, it has log-ins for parents, students, teachers, and administrators, customer support has been very good.

Cons

It has too many layers. It's not easy to find what you need, it's very intuitive. Sending an e-mail from a teacher to a group of parents is not easy- there are far too many steps involved. Once you create a list for an email, you cannot easy edit it or add people to it. Finding the information you are looking for as a parent is very difficult (assigments are hidden in a separate layer from the class and there is no easy way to figure out how to get there).

Francisco

Not user friendly and support team is not very supportive

Reviewed on 27/10/2023

Not good; that is the reason we switched to another platform, and now I am having issues trying to collect information from previous years. Something that by law, we should be able to do. The Support team does not help any more, is even worse now we discontinued services with them.They said they sent us a USB, but there is no tracking information, we don't know where our students' information is located.

Pros

SMS communication, Voice and text services were a plus.

Cons

The platform is not user-friendly, there are a lot of steps to get students' information, to send a message to all families, or to run reports.

Carol

MSP at Holy Cross Catholic School of Defiance

Reviewed on 18/08/2016

Our school has been using MSP since 2010. It is a wonderful tool for everyone to use - administration, teachers, students and parents. We are working diligently on utilizing all of the features that are available to us. There are so many reports available and it is a great way of communicating across the board. We have submitted suggestions for the site and they are always taken into consideration.

Pros

The fact that it is so user-friendly. No one has time to sit and try to figure out how a website functions. MSP is so easy to navigate for all users.

Jessica

MSP is a winner

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Pros

I like how flexible the program is. I can use it at work or at home, on my desktop or my cell phone. Also the custom reports are incredible. As an admin, I am able to find exactly what I need every time.

Cons

Certain functions you will need to call text support to fix. Like adding a family id after the family is already in the system Fortunately, the support staff is amazing and takes care of any issues I may have right away.

Laurie

MSP for Elementary School

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Pros

The front end applications are very user friendly.

Cons

Not all the modules interact with one another; data is inconsistent from one module to another. We initially had quite a few issues with report card templates -- corrections done for one quarter weren't carried over to templates for other quarters; inconsistencies with formatting, fonts, alignment, etc.; missing grades or comments. Inability to limit number of characters in comments fields for report cards. Once a new CSR was assigned to our account, we had fewer issues and the support has been excellent.

Sue
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

MSP is probably our 4th SIS that we have dealt with and out ranks others hands down.

Reviewed on 14/08/2017

Lunch is built in. Custom report cards and flexibility.

Lunch is built in. Custom report cards and flexibility.

Pros

I like that you listen to what the customers need and can customize it to fit individual schools need. I also like the speed of tech support. It's also intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

I have a problem with a module/option being offered and then it doesn't work. I would like the lunch program to be faster and be able to send an email of the students balance directly to the parents.

Kathy

MSP Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Overall experience is good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gives us wonderful customer support and timely replies.

Pros

The ability for parents & students to access grades, also the improved features in Communications.

Cons

Cannot tie into our ID scanning system to streamline attendance. The schedule/delay sending of email communications does not work consistently.

Suzanne

My Students Progress training seminar

Reviewed on 28/07/2016

Hi
Cody gave me a very detailed training in the "create reports"
section of the MSP module. It...

Hi
Cody gave me a very detailed training in the "create reports"
section of the MSP module. It was so helpful to see the different means of emailing, creating reports and how to run the attendance for this school year using create reports refresh.

Pros

The convenience of looking up information and easy access to reports.

Cons

To remember to use reports and not lists as the lists are not updated when updates are applied through search.

Stephanie

Great customer service but wish I had more features

Reviewed on 11/07/2019

Pros

I like that it integrates such things as tracking volunteer hours.

Cons

I wish I could generate things like family directories or family mailing labels more easily. We have many students with split parents and two households and I'd like to be able to sort by household but also just by family as a whole including both parents.

Penn

Outstanding, Lightning-Speed Customer Support

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

MSP has streamlined many of the administrative tasks for daily school life. The customer service (we email the rep at MSP) has been incredible. We hear back so quickly that we're almost never waiting on an answer to solve a problem. We also receive a quick, clear answer when MSP simply does not have a function we would ideally want, which is very useful. I'd rather know that something is simply unavailable than hear equivocation or potential workarounds that don't actually do the same function.

Pros

Ability to search student profiles quickly; centralized location for parents to update their own info and find all the necessary forms

Cons

Cumbersome and not intuitive AT FIRST, but after exploring a bit, it becomes much easier to navigate; steep learning curve for newcomers, faculty and parents alike; difficult to provide troubleshooting advice to parents without having gone through the process of registering as a parent

Debra

Reasonable price

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

MSP is responsive to most problems and get them fixed quickly. They no longer update our state reports, so I have to take the output and manipulate it to get an accurate report to submit.
My customer service rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great to work with. Give excellent explanations, clear communication and quick response time.

Pros

They let us design our own report cards.

Cons

Didn't stay up to date with reports required by the IDOE.

David
  • Industry: Higher Education

Very easy to work with. Makes my job of record keeping much smoother and easier.

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

keeping track of student progress is the most important part of this software.

keeping track of student progress is the most important part of this software.

Pros

The ease of record keeping. I like how the software averages all of my grades. This software makes it easier to keep track of student progress and who has not turned in required work.

Cons

No concerns. I have no problems with this software. It also gives the students and parents an opportunity to track progress.

Gail

My representative was very helpful and knowledgeable. She is fast in replying to questions.

Reviewed on 31/08/2017

Pros

Not happy, for the same reason as stated in the cons:No hard copy of what can be done - need to reply on representative for direction. Very difficult to search for topics unless you know the terms.

Rochelle

As a recent user of MSP (within the last four years) my experience has been nothing but...

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

Pros

The accessibility and ease of navigation between modules. The customer service is Top Notch! I'm most impressed with the prompt response from the support team.

Cons

the time it takes to send to a communication when sending to over 400 people. Not being able to use other modules when sending an email.

Luz

MSP has great customer support.

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Pros

MSP is very user friendly. It's cost effective. I've experienced great customer support. Anytime I need clarification on a feature I can access the user manuals.

Cons

Would like to see a feature that can be used by development. Some kind of database for alumnae. A database for donors.

Pauline

MSP has been wonderful for our school! Your support group is outstanding!

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

The support group and ease of use have made our lives easier to cope everyday duties!

Pros

I feel the ease of user - ability is the greatest asset to this software. We use the program daily to administer everything from absences to Hot lunches. We find it very easy to move around in the program.

Karen

MSP for a small school

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Pros

The software is flexible and the customer support is stellar!!

Cons

Some of the functions are complicated to execute, they may have multiple steps to complete a very simple task.

debra

SKD secretary review

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

Although there are features i wish were available on a whole the experience is always made better with the help of our rep.

Pros

Works well enough. I like most aspects of the software.

Cons

Would like certain module to be set up with our preferences in mind

Karen

Customer Support is quick to respond to any questions or issues we have.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Pros

We are able to design our own reporting system that best meets our needs for a student management system.

Cons

There aren't always options for mass changes. Manual changes that are sometimes requires are time-consuming.

Amy

Customer Service is Key

Reviewed on 06/01/2020

Pros

The customer service is top notch and they have quickly resolved any issue that has come up this school year.

Cons

Some of the issues have been difficult to navigate without customer support. It would be nice to be able to customize without relying on a team behind the scenes. I do appreciate, though, the efficiency of the MSP team in addressing our issues.

TERESA

MSP is the an easy access for parents as well as staff

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

Pros

The ease of communication, the create reports module is very inclusive, Attendance is a wizz. I also like all of the information which can be gathered for different applications.

Blanca

Easy to use, easy to follow the steps,

Reviewed on 31/05/2018

It is a wonderful tool to have all the information that we need on hand.

It is a wonderful tool to have all the information that we need on hand.

Pros

When I have to do something new it is easy to follow the drop menus. When we have a question we have right away the answer. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

I can not think of something, this will be our second school year using it. So far is working well for us...

Jenny
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

MSP Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I have found that the customer support is what really sells the software. If I don't know how to do something or need help navigating I am able to contact our customer support rep and get my answer. The personal attention received is wonderful.

Pros

I like all the versatility of the program.

Cons

I do not use all of the functions to there full potential.

Pamela

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 19/03/2019

Pros

Support team is responsive to questions and concerns.

Cons

Limited functionality. Steps in adding a new student can be cumbersome.