Visme

The all-in-one online presentation, infographic tool

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5

593 Software options

Mercédesz D.

More than just presentations

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

We've started using Visme purely for presentation purposes but quickly realized that the potential it has can be leveraged across multiple business problems. Now we create one-pagers, brochures and other marketing material with it.

Pros

Visme comes with a bunch of ready-to-use templates, smart icons and the like. It takes considerably less time to create a visualization when compared to any other tools. The other perk is the "My Brand" feature, which allows the whole team to use the same corporate identity package.

Cons

I'd say the only difficulty I've encountered in the beginning was with the placement of the objects. What really helps is the functionality to place your items based on their relative pixel location however I'm yet to find a quick way to put my items to the perfect spot.

Prezi

Reasons for Choosing Visme

Our 1-year contract with Prezi has expired.

Prezi

Reasons for Switching to Visme

Prezi's price offer for a 2-seat team package was considerably high.
David H.
  • Industry: Research

Does Visme has me in mind?

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Overall my experience with Visme is very positive, interactions with customers and the presentations is really positive. I just think from a presentation developer side, the two cons of Visme need to be addressed so Visme can stand out from every other data presentation and visualisation tool within the market.

Pros

The software itself has been built with the user in mind.
Pros:
1. A vast base of free stock images which can be used for business.
2. A range of various templates and stock graphics.
3. Very simple interaction interface.
4.Being able to create and use your company's branding styles.
5. Presentation downloading is simple and easy.

Cons

I have only two problems with the software and it has not stopped me from using it but it causes me a lot of frustration and time wasting, which is never what somebody wants.

1. You are only able to show videos from a YouTube link. Why this is frustrating is if myself and others use sensitive information which can only be given to selective individuals, even if we unlist, unpublish videos on YouTube when it is visible within the presentation the YouTube link is visible and clickable. Visme restricts the amount of storage an account can have so ideally if the user was to fill this account with MP4 which they want to use, to keep using the software they would need to upgrade which is what they are most likely to do. Which in turn gets more revenue for Visme.

2. I think one of the most common and new interactive forms of giving information is Gifs, i think Visme need to create something within the system that allows the user to either create a very simple Gif and have stock Gifs available.

Prezi, PowToon, Canva and Haiku Deck

Reasons for Choosing Visme

being able to down in a HTML 5 format which is available off line.
Ametra R.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Tried Something New and Enjoyed It

Reviewed on 11/04/2020

The learning curve for Visme is very simple, especially because of all the helpful tutorial videos on the site. Just looking at Visme itself might seem intimidating for some, but those tutorials did a remarkable job of making me feel at ease and making me want to dive right in. From a business standpoint, Visme is great.

Pros

The first thing that impressed me was the ease of use with Visme, and I was hooked right away on the video tutorials, which are short and to the point. With as busy as I have been and continue to be, I really don’t have the time or attention span to watch long videos. Just get me in and let me tinker.

The library of templates is vast from quizzes to marketing plans and presentations. All of those, and more, combine to go a long way toward supplementing a business of any size, including those run by people like me who are their own Marketing and Networking departments. There is much more to Visme than assistance in the creation of ads. You can make graphs and charts, printables such as flyers, and you can publish survey results – for those of you who like that sort of thing.

The layout is very clean, catches the eye, and I didn’t get fatigued by going through pages of what’s available. I enjoyed looking around and tinkering with Visme a lot.

Cons

While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I do feel that Visme is very business-oriented and maybe doesn't have the flexibility to just be creative for fun projects. I felt much like Visme is perfect for presentations, portfolios and the like. If I want to put that business foot forward, Visme is it. But, if I want to relax and be silly, making something fun...I wasn't so sure.

Canva
Allen H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Used this for a few presentations and creating a one-pager. Generally pretty easy to use and people are amazed by the quality/graphics of some of the templates.

Pros

Probably the easiest SAS presentation software I've used. The user interface is intuitive and allows you to click+drag to create pretty professional looking graphics and presentations. Very convenient to use especially how it allows you to save and access your presentations from anywhere. It also allows you to access thousands of images to use for your presentation.

Cons

This is probably an issue with all other SAS which requires a constant internet connection to use. Slightly annoying making small/minor changes quickly since you gotta find internet -->log in -> make change-> save-> re-export as your powerpoint presentation, etc... Specifically, the visme presentations can't be modified in a MS powerpoint presentation and cant be modified offline. It exports as a graphic/single image in powerpoint so it forces you to only use visme to modify your presentation. Requires online connection and sometimes it lags when you're working on your browser if you have a slow connection. Charges you in USD so it sucks for you Canadians out there.

Abeni W.
  • Industry: Research

Pretty Good Service

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

I will continue to use Visme but would really like the processing to change. It can be very frustrating to change fonts or anything when you have more than 10 slides.

Pros

Love the quality of the resources and the slides. Also, images are good and the data visualisation is good enough​. Happy with the embedding tools. The user​ interface is easy to understand for a novice.

Cons

When you have large files(more than 10 slides), it takes too long to update each change you make in the slide. Changing fonts is also really time-consuming​.

Andrew S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great Software for building infographics

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

I used Visme to build my online portfolio of infographics to assist me during the interview process while i searched for a new role

Visme was great and helped me land a new Director of Communications role at a company that needs more visual communications. I will be recommending that my new employees get up to speed and use visme.

Pros

I found the software intuitive and feature rich. I was able to easily import individual elements I had created in illustrator and have them appear and get arranged exactly as I had imagined.

The templates provided are strong as well and I could easily apply my own branding.

I also found it very easy to make them interactive.

Cons

I think that the presentation builder (ie slide shows) could allow more flexibility. right now, you need to create individual duplicated slides with an element or 2 added or removed to simulate a slide

The templates save me a ton of time, and pre-built widgets help me customize the slides

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Pros

The templates and pre-built widgets and icons help me create very high quality presentations. The audience is very impressed when I present. It is easy to navigate through the application with the dashboard and projects aligned very nicely. The text and graphics objects specifically are great which takes manual work out of the way. The analytics help me track who viewed my presentations, and by using my own logos and colors, I can customize my slides to exactly the way I want them to look.

Cons

The animation could be improved. There is no way to animate based on a mouse click, you can only start it at certain time. Switching between projects is a little cumbersome.

Phill S.
  • Industry: Information Services

Great tool for design project on the fly! Fills a gap in the space

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Has allowed us to make design pivots and last-minute design projects without always needing to go through our regular design process or wait for available resources.

Pros

I love how quickly you can spin up same-day needs in Visme. Whether it's editing an image for a blog, or making some updated to datasheets, the beauty is you don't have to be a designer to accomplish many of these things.

Cons

There's a few bugs that can get annoying such as issues with copy / paste, or when zooming in or out of assets, sometimes you get thrown into a blank part of the canvas. Visme team is usually quick to respond and fix. In terms of design capabilities, would love to see more things like adding shadowing to shapes, and support for multiple layers.

Helen S.
  • Industry: Tobacco
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Feedback Visme - Claudio Pinto and Helen Stalker

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Overall it's a good software and I can see that it keeps improving overtime, which is great!

Pros

The features and templates available in Visme really helped the team to create different and good looking presentations, infographics, etc. It also boosted our creativity when challenged to create content. The quality of images when downloaded from Visme is very good, other programs usually lose image quality.

Cons

The free photos available in Visme are very limited, I usually have to search in other sites, softwares to find what I need.
For some reason, "My files" is always very messy - it appears some photos that I have never seen before, duplicated and sometimes even triplicated photos that I have never used.
Features like "remove background" should be available.
Sometimes I just want to have a look at the templates available in Visme, and the only way to do so is by clicking "create new project" . In case I dont select/start a new project/template it still appears in My Projects folder as "Untitled Project". Because of this, my folder of projects gets really messy as there is a lot of untitled projects with no content.
Visme is a bit slow compared to other softwares

Trevor L.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Visme review by MoJin Solutions

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Overall, I am happy with it and will use it for other learning projects and marketing material as I continue.

Pros

I chose to use Visme because of the templates, shapes, animations, and ability to create presentations that are more interactive than PowerPoint or other software that I came across.

Cons

I am not using Visme exactly how it is intended to be used which has created an obstacle for me and may be an opportunity for improvement. I use Visme to create slides and attach my pre-recorded audio to them (I find the quality is not great when recording audio directly through Visme/web browser), then I am screen recording my presentation while using the interactive features myself. I then snip the screen recordings into sections and upload them into another online course provider (Learnworlds).

My objective is to create an online certificate course that has videos, sections that students read, include resources, chapter quizzes, and pass a course exam to earn the certificate.

In summary, I am using Visme to create my content (which is a wonderful tool), although it does not easily allow me to present it the way I want to. If you added the ability to screen record the presentation *without capturing the mouse*, and trim it into sections - then Visme would be a perfect fit for my projects.

Jennifer C.

Happy User

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Very good- they continue to develop and add new features and glitches that were present earlier on seem to be fixed. I like that they keep improving!

Pros

Visme has a great supply of templates that are easily adaptable and very visually appealing. There are many features inside the template that let you customize it for your use, and it's very intuitive to use. I love having the option of saving any project as a jpeg or pdf, which allows me to handle basic Facebook post graphics and web graphics without using a photo editing program.

Cons

I would like to be able to have 2 projects open at the same time to work on simultaneously, I would also like to be able to duplicate a page in one project and send it to a second project. Currently, there is a brick wall that keeps every project separate, so it's time-consuming to develop pages from scratch that already exist in other projects I've developed.

Kim H.

Vimse, Best Infographic Tool Ever

Reviewed on 15/07/2016

Product is very intuitive. In minutes you can create a infographic which you can brand to your organization by selecting your specific org's colors, inserting your org's logo, etc. All infographics are easily embedded on a web page (with animation and mobile friendly), download as a pdf, jpg, etc. I've used a lot of tools to make infographics and this is the best I've encountered so far.

Pros

You can sign up and use the product for free and see how user friendly it is. Then with a nominal fee you gain access to 100s of templates and features to expand the possibilities for what you can create. Its also possible to add users off your account allowing you to share this tool with other departments in your organization and keep track of what's created.

Cons

While its a Pro that they are introducing new features all the time, there are things you'll need to wait for and you'll need to keep aware of the new things that appear. Visme sends e-mails about new features. So while I'm thrilled the product is growing, I also always eagerly awaiting the next thing.

Rachael K.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Fantastic for comms and training

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

I have had a great experience with Visme, works so well for all my projects.

Pros

There are loads of uses for Visme, I haven't explored them all yet. I have used it for creating training videos, newsletters and small info booklets and have found it so easy to use but with a finished project which is professional, interactive. What I love best is that you can input your colour code and use those colours to brand everything from the animations to text and background, this gives a polished look to all your finished productsThe hyperlink function is also great for training products.

Cons

I haven't found way of mixing templates just yet - but that might be mine.

Karen G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Powerful tool for data visualization, presentations, and graphics

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

It saves our team a lot of time and development costs are decreased. Our output has increased as has the quality of that output.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to create stunning presentations with impactful data. The templates provided are not only visually professional, but there was obviously a lot of thought put into how they would be used as well as making the entire system very intuitive. Additionally, I really appreciate the templates provided for web graphics and social graphics. It makes it fast and easy to quickly create professional marketing banners that are the correct sizes on the fly.

Cons

Occasionally, it can be difficult to select particular sections when there are many layers on an image.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Visme Support team is dismal

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

disappointing

Pros

I loved the software, pitty about the support team

Cons

Trying to get the educator plan since I am an online English teacher, when asking if I was eligible they said yes, I just need to give them my edu. email. I explained that the company I work for does not give us an email and instead we use our own emails (gmail). They said that's fine, they just need proof of teaching, so I sent my COE. They then came back to say they can't white list me because my email is not and edu. email? Why ask for proof of teaching when I told you I don't have an edu. address??

Crissy N.

Visme makes our team look like rockstars.

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Pros

The ease of putting together an impressive presentation and graphics.

Cons

It's powerful so it took a minute to figure out where everything was to make sure I was taking advantage of everything it offered.

Canva

Reasons for Switching to Visme

Additional features including the ability to iframe live content.
Agi L.

This was more than we ever expected from your product. We LOVE it.

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

We save time and the need for hiring additional people for this particular part of our company.

Pros

The wide variety of topics and subject matter. The fresh content and fantastic graphics that are ready to go in a super-easy to use format. It helps us tremendously on all of our SM posts and blogs. I

Cons

We honestly don't have any complaints. Possibly a wider subject matter list? New content uploaded weekly? Truly though, it's great.

David R.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Decent content creation software

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

It allowed me and my team to create an executive summary for the program our nonprofit has designed. We now can take this finished piece and give it to interested parties who are thinking of partnering with us.

Pros

I like that I could drag shapes, text boxes, and headers right into the piece I was working on. I also like the auto snap lines that ensured that these different elements were all aligned with one another.

Cons

I couldn't properly resize shapes. I could only scale them up in size but was unable to expand them left to right and up to down. This is a huge deal in a content creation software. The user needs to have complete control over the size, orientation, and location of all elements. Partial control is not sufficient.

Joshua J.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Fantastic Presentation & Infographic Creation Tool

Reviewed on 17/03/2019

Frequently, members of the lead team need to give presentations and trainings; Visme has allowed us to really increase the quality of the presentations with minimal effort AND we can re-use past presentations as templates for future presentations, which makes it a great little efficiency booster too!

Pros

1. Those in the team with better design skills made a few presentation templates that look amazing; now, other colleagues can use and modify the templates easily for their own presentations.
2. Good range of export options.
3. Great "auto-save" feature that really works if you accidently hit "page back"
4. Great range of support and training materials

Cons

1. We cannot use our own fonts with our current package - while this is a further paid add-on, we would be happier if it was included with our existing payment level (obviously).

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Can create stunning results quickly and with ease. Fantastic tool.

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Pros

The pricing is unreal. Very good value for money. The pre-built templates are all very good. The recent addition of content blocks and ability to add our own blocks are great features too.

Cons

Can be a bit tricky to get things positioned exactly as intended at times. Removal of option to add a gradient background was disappointing. Would also like to be able to add a link to a piece of text as opposed to full text box.

Jeanine A.

Starving Student

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Overall it is a savvy product. I see the potential if the focus would shift a bit to retention and not ONLY money. Some of us are students and are forced to telework and zoom and everything and it would be nice if maybe you guys did a buddy program with zoom to allow for a larger marketing platform, a friendlier experience doing graduate level presentations. and student teaching over online.

Pros

I loved the trial, and the ease of use is pretty good.

Cons

I do believe it is too expensive
for a student. I believe as well use of personal vids should not be contingent upon the expensive
monthly fee.
Should be friendlier to send to my classmates its like there is not enough money for you all and instead of retention you seem to be focusing upon the dollar only.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Visme allows me to create presentations, infographics and graphics quickly and easily

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

I can easily create a professional looking data visualization

Pros

I love that Visme allows me to create communications that look so professional that even my colleagues have asked "did the art dept create that for you?"

Cons

While you can get up and running very quickly, learning how to fully utilize everything Visme has to offer can take a little more time.

Nicola B.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Simply easy ...

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

I'm self employed and love using Visme.

Pros

Right from signing up working with Visme has been a delight. They are always working to improve and I love the platform.

Cons

Maybe more importing options would be great.

Andrea L.

It's been great from start to finish! From the demo with Payman, to the new features and...

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Pros

One of the things I like most is that you can get great looking finished products without having a background in graphic design. It's fast, easy and intuitive to use. We are responsible for developing a variety of resources for individuals with autism, professionals and families, so making things look visually appealing in a variety of different mediums is a necessity and Visme allows us to do just that!

Cons

There really isn't much that I've had issues with! I do wish I could access it through my iPad Pro as I often take that with me to meetings or out of the office instead of my laptop.

Lyndi V.

Pretty good experience, but could be a lot smoother and more user friendly

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Visme cuts design costs for us on things that we can do in house instead of sending out for a designer to do. We use it for infographics, presentations, email images, etc.

Pros

I like that there are templates available for infographics & presentations. I also like there is an image library available

Cons

I think the image library could be a lot better. It's hard to search for anything that's more than one word. I also think there could be better and a lot more backgrounds available.