Duo Security

User identity verification & device vulnerability discovery

4.6/5

306 Software options

Ian S.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

very well managed service

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

The software is great but we have to handhold customers a bit in managing the role out of it

Pros

we deploy this for customers and are very impressed with the range od documentation and user guides Duo make available.
Duo are very proactive about any outages or issues on their network and seem to resolve these quickly. none have directly affected us

Cons

It is slightly expensive, well its not but customers perceive it to be as we have to recharge the licence but they are used to 2FA for free with other services. It's actually reasonable for what it is.

Kristin K.
  • Industry: Insurance

Duo is fantastic!

Reviewed on 06/11/2021

Overall I would highly recommend the product from a user standpoint, this is a easy and fast way to get the users logged in and getting started! They are link right up through the phone and mobile connected in seconds! Highly Recommended 10/10

Pros

I use the mobile authentication everyday; super easy and super fast! Works great with both iPhone and Android! Syncs very quickly and allows me to sign in no problem on the computer with in seconds

Cons

I do not really have any cons for this system, granted I only use it for mobile authentication into the secure environment, Authentication into the Zscaler & network- but works great! The only thing I can really think that would be better and it likely a setting issue I do not have access to is how long before you need to "re-authenticate"

Kalin H.

Great Security Software

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Pros

Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

Cons

I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

Carlos S.

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Reviewed on 21/09/2019

Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

Pros

You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Cons

Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

Cory C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to Use and Effective

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

Pros

It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

Cons

I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

Anindita S.
  • Industry: Research

Duo Security is important

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

Pros

I have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.

Cons

Don't know but can the Duo also work by pushing login request via email? That would mean I wouldn't need to have my mobile phone next to me 24x7.

Jen V.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Duo helps us to maintain a secure login to our sites. We use it to access payroll information, reports, our shared drive, and other things you want extra security around.

Pros

I like the fact the fact that Duo is so easy to use. You can it up to verify in different ways - through an app, a call, or email. I sue the app which I love. A simple swipe and accept and you are in your site securely. For computers that are secure and you use regularly you can have it remember you for 30 days which is very convenient for sites you use multiple times a day.

Cons

I really don't have any complains about the software. It works great for my purposes. The only thing I have heard people complain about is just two step verification in general.

Jeff K.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great for keeping you secure

Reviewed on 05/04/2020

My institution uses it to keep our information secure and it does a great job of keeping it secure.

Pros

Duo is used by my institution to keep our information safe. We use the DUO factor login and it is easy to set up and to use. You download an app on your phone and it will call/text/ or send a push notification when you login to your website. It works seamlessly and never seems to have a problem.

Cons

It can be a bit of a pain when you leave your phone in your office or somewhere else and then go to login to a company site that needs the authentication with DUO. You can't login with out your phone and it can end up being a hassle. But, it does keep your information secure.

Sadie R.

Duo Security Review

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

I have used Duo Security since the university I work at implemented it a few years ago for our duo login. It has been easy to use and I have enjoyed it since they implemented it. I have used the app for the quick login and it has been great!

Pros

This software is easy to use. Once my work shifted to this, I was able to easily understand and pick it up. Having the app on my phone also makes the duo authentication very quick or sometimes I will also have the system call me! Either way, it is great.

Cons

There are no cons about the software. I think it is a really great option for a duo authentication and I have nothing negative to say about it.

David M.

Duo Security for Multifactor Authentication

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Usng it for Multi Factor authentication for Citrix and VPN endpoints globally.

Pros

The most impactful features are ease of use, and the initial setup and configuration. It is very important when you are setting up users around the world to have a product that is straightforward and easy to setup.

Cons

Copying the bard code to the the other endpoint for adding Duo to your configuration specifically from a smart phone. Also the application has to be reset when the supplied code doesn't work. The workaround is having to remove the account and set up again.

Cory P.
  • Industry: Research

Simple Solution for Added Account Security

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Pros

Unlike other 2-step authentication services that require you to punch in a short, "random" code in order to access your account, Duo Security makes securing an account simpler. Got a smartphone? Download the Duo Security app, link it to an account (typically an email account, though Duo can work with other services as well,) and decide how you want to be alerted about log-ins. The next time you try to log in, Duo will contact your phone, and you'll be able to authenticate your log-in with a simple button-press. That's it.

There are other options as well. If you don't want to use the smart phone, Duo will call a landline and ask if you're the appropriate user for the account. You can also save multiple methods to the same account.

Cons

Linking Duo to my email account took some doing. By and large, it was a simple, step-by-step process. However, I could imagine easily fouling up one of those steps and getting lost and frustrated. There's no problem with the service itself, it's just getting started with it requires a little time and focus. Once it's set up, however, using Duo is completely painless, and its recovery features are simple (in the event you get a new phone, computer, etc.)

Alex F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Duo Security - it works!

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

Overall I'd say it does exactly what I need it to nearly 100% of the time. The times it doesn't work are almost generally on the user side (eg: installing a new device will need IT assistance) and not on the software or app's

Pros

I like how quickly this app loads on my phone in order to log into my two factor. I primarily use it for that and am regularly traveling for work so knowing I can rely on this app is fundamental.

Cons

If ever you have a question or need changes to your account you will need to contact your system admin. This is obviously for security but unideal if time is short.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Easy as 123

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

I had no issues with Duo security the company I was with I was taking credit cards and personal information and I had no breach of any sort no one getting in and no information getting out so overall it was an awesome experience and if we get back to doing that on our construction side that is definitely a program I would use again and definitely refer others to

Pros

I use this as an inbound sales marketer for Carnival Cruise Lines and thoroughly loved it I had no issues with my computer whether I was working or not it did not allow any viruses to get through and no breach of security

Cons

That I had to help make sure my cell phone was right there to confirm my signing in

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

DUO Security helps keep your business secure

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

DUO keeps our business secure by allowing access to only those that should have access and helps prevent unauthorized access if a password is compromised.

Pros

The ability to have applications or VPN's that are locked down and authenticated with DUO helped to bring our security into the 21st century. End users can get a push to their device which they acknowledge. They do not even need to manually type in the code (though that is also an option!)

Cons

The only downside is really on the user end. If they are not quick enough to accept the prompt from DUO, the log in attempt will fail.

2 Factor Authentication Made Simple

Reviewed on 04/07/2019

We were searching for a simple but effective second factor authentication solution to improve security especially for our RDP services.
Duo has saved us a lot and imrpoved our security significantly

Pros

Ease of setting up
Works every time. Very small near invisible footprint
Easy to follow manuals
Great support

Cons

Agent software does not give host machine details when requesting 2nd Factor via the App or SMS

Rivaldo B.
  • Industry: Higher Education

The Best Way To Protect Your Information!

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Overall, I feel quite satisfied when using Duo Security as a tool and system to protect my data and information, because after using it my information and data are safe!

Pros

I have been using Duo Security for 9 months, and I feel this is a very capable tool to protect all of my data and information. Previously my account was hacked by people who access my data from other devices, but after using Duo Security, all my data is not accessible to anyone other than me (thanks to the dual authentication process)

Cons

Sometimes when I access Duo Security from my cellphone, I encounter several problems due to errors in the login process. but this only happened a few times.

Secure, Easy, Simple

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

I love it. Will always recommend especially if you are looking for alternatives to Authenticator

Pros

It is just so easy to login and setup, the app is wonderful. The notifications are fast and the adoption is also high.

Cons

Very difficult to point negatives here, they can definitely add more features to the app but it appears to be a solid offering.

Dan H.

Definitely the best 2-factor app I've used

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Pros

Duo Security for the most part just works. I very rarely have connectivity issues, I've never had token mismatches or problems of that nature. It does the job it's supposed to do, and does it very well.

Cons

Really my only complaint is that sometimes the push notification doesn't work properly, in a variety of different network settings. But it's infrequent, and I've yet to have a case where I've missed it (because if I'm trying to log in to something, I know I'm doing so and can pop open the app if need be).

Megan M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Due security

Reviewed on 20/01/2020

Overall using duo security is easy and does not add any stress.

Pros

Duo security is beyond easy to install, use, and depend on. I use this daily to ensure protected aspects of the job stay secure.

Cons

The main downside to duo is when you get a new cell phone. Each time this happens I have found the push notifications do not always work.

Liz E.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great for keeping information safe

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

A great way to keep our information secure.

Pros

Just takes one click to accept and connect. There are several ways to be able to connect if the application is not right for you at the time. Simple application and very clear on how to use.

Cons

There is sometimes a lag time during connection.

Emoniel I.

Duo Security Review

Reviewed on 08/11/2021

Very quick and efficient way to have multi-factor authentication to ensure security, which is an absolute must in HIPAA-compliant patient care.

Pros

It integrates extremely easily with the other software we use. Rapid response times.

Cons

Nothing really, once you get set up it never gives you any problems.

Blessing J.

It’s an okay app

Reviewed on 13/04/2021

I think it does it’s job! Just wish the hour login was longer.

Pros

I like the safety net that the app provides for my logins.

Cons

I wish they had a 24 hour login. I use mine for my classes and I find myself having to do duo sometimes in my classrooms.

Kenneth L.
  • Industry: Insurance

SECURE YOUR FUTURE TODAY

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

overall, the software works the way it should and the cons are very minor.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and was simple to set up across the enterprise. All of our top performers were able to enroll on their own once they received the email.

Cons

If you lose your mobile device in our company, you are put in a position where you are unable to DUO. Not convenient if someone switches phone either

Audra W.

Duo

Reviewed on 09/02/2020

Overall it has been great. I recommend this to any large group or secure business or even schools!

Pros

If you are worried about security, this is the best program! It requires your to have an additional code or will call you to let you into it.

Cons

It can be frustrating for the user, but since using this program, we have never been hacked. The extra steps are definitely worth it to ensure safety.

Elizabeth S.

Works Well but Has Some Functionality Issues

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Pros

It's a quick and easy way to verify my identity.

Cons

I use my cell phone as the secondary authentication device and when I use my cell phone to look at my email, I STILL have to re-authenticate, on the device, that I am using to access my email...smh