NEO LMS

LMS for schools, universities, and school districts

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.4/5
4.5/5

Alphie

Blended Learning Made Easy

Reviewed on 01/12/2018

My system of teaching the lessons and assessing the students changed when our institution adapted NEO LMS. Before, I am always worried of the suspension of classes and its effect to the flow of the lesson to be delivered but having NEO with me it eliminated the fear of not meeting my class in a face-to-face set up. NEO brings me closer to my students whether we go synchronous or asynchronous.

Pros

NEO LMS is very easy navigate. Lessons can easily be done even without the users guide or manual. I really like the customer support because of its efficient and quick response. In terms of grading assessments, I find it easy with the use of its Rubric feature. Before, I used to have a lot of papers to bring whenever I go but with NEO LMS, I just need to pull out my tablet to check the submissions of my students. Lastly, my students are more engaged and they enjoy more because of the gamification feature which other LMS don’t have.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons about NEO LMS. Its the perfect LMS for me. I have tested and tried other LMS which are complicated to use. But with NEO, everything is easy. If there is one thing that needs improvement, it would be the mobile app specifically for android devices.

Teacher's partner amidst Pandemic

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Overall the partnership between LMS and Teachers or Berkeley, in general, is a blessing amidst the chaos, for we were able to find a partner that help us solve most of the issues and difficulties that we and our students had during the pandemic where face-to-face is suspended, they gave us a platform where we could ensure that students are learning.

Pros

Neo LMS or Blink as we call it, have had been with Berkeley during the pandemic up until now that helping us to ease the learning gap between teachers and students. With the use of the LMS, it is easier to embed videos that we use in our lesson, where we could check if they watch it or not with the use of different assessment tools.

Cons

There's no particular least favorite part on my end, for I appreciate every tab, every function of the LMS. What I would suggest is to train us on how to use gamification so we could utilize this part more.

Cailee
  • Used for 2+ years

Love NEO, but hate NEO LMS (the app)

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Pros

Love how through apple classroom you can lock students to this app to force them to not cheat on a NEO quiz.

Cons

The app is very glitchy! Sometimes it just shuts down when a student is working in it. Also not all of the quiz features work on the app. The first time students log in to the app is very confusing for them since they have to exactly type in the name of their district.

Maria Isabel
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

NEO LMS Review from the Perspective of a Network of Schools

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

Pros

The most important features for us are competency tracking and score rules. NEO LMS is easy to navigate because of its social media-like interface.

Cons

Although competency tracking is available, there is currently no way to export reports on competencies. As a network of schools, it is vital to have such. A built in item analysis for quizzes would also be beneficial to us. Having this allows us to immediately determine which items can be replaced, eliminating the need to use another tool.

NEO the one

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

Distance learning has become easier with NEO. The platform can be customized and can adapt to other platforms we are using.

Pros

The LMS is easy to navigate. Classes and folders can be customized and lessons are easily synced to child classes. Progess is easily tracked.

Cons

Attendance can still be improved if date ranges can be customized and counted per quarter or semester. It's quite time consuming to input dates one by one.

Jean

Neo 101

Reviewed on 12/08/2022

Neo helped me to set up a user friendly virtual classroom. Assignments were easily created and synced to child classes. It allowed me to check on the progress of students from time to time.

Pros

Ease in organizing assessments. Neo provided a virtual platform to organize assessments for student learning thru their assignments feature.

Cons

The attendance. It would've been better if we can divide the dates into quarter/grading period.

Alyssa Jane

NEO LMS review

Reviewed on 02/08/2022

NEO LMS is an excellent platform to use as a virtual classroom as it provides varied assessments and it is manageable.

Pros

What I admire about NEO LMS is how it is easy to navigate. It also provides different and varied assessments to choose from.

Cons

I think one thing to improve in NEO LMS is that students should also be notifed when the teacher gives an assignment using Content Page.

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

NEO LMS helped ease the checking of learners assessment. I am able embed my lessons and materials easily.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Most features are helpful in the teaching learning process

Cons

Attendance feature, needs to add some features like breaking down the dates into grading period.

Rossyan

NEO LMS for learning.

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

NEO LMS is best especially now that we are in this generation where technology is the key to everything.

Pros

This software is highly recommended. What I liked the most is that this software is all in one.

Cons

For me, every part of this software is essential for us.

Jasmine

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

It was a great experience! It helped us a lot especially during our online classes.

Pros

NEO LMS is very child friendly. Even a grade 1 student can navigate its features.

Cons

It is doesn't notify the students regarding activities all the time.

Bernard Daniel

Learner's Best Friend

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

I have been very satisfied with what the application provided

Pros

Its overall flexibility has been one of the main features that have helped both administrators, and users to accomplish learning and finishing tasks. You can also fully customize your lessons and subjects to the kind of students that you have.

As an administrator, you have control and statistics on your students' performance and learning.

As one of the best platforms out there for e-learning, NEO has made it easy and light for people who have signed up.

Cons

Some sync issues come up every once in a while when I have to copy information from the masterclass.

One has to be meticulous and detailed in their settings to get the kind of experience you want your students/participants to have.

Google Classroom and CANVAS

Reasons for Switching to NEO LMS

NEO LMS had the most features that matched the profile of the students and administrators. As it is also easy to learn and understand, sharing information and sharing lessons became easy and accessible.
Eugenio

University LMS

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Very good, once you remove wrong links or avoid using features not well created it does a perfect job

Pros

The features, how it looks, it is very visual, mobile app, easy to follow courses.

Cons

still missing a nice mobile app visual, some files cannot be uploaded or downloaded, some places in the platform has no place to go, errors in some pages.

CANVAS, Moodle and Brightspace

Reasons for Choosing NEO LMS

Prive, features, aspect, functionality

Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to NEO LMS

Because it is attractive for students the aspect, functions and the price that gave us a little effort at the beginning but worth it in the long term
Dr Oscar

The best in the market! I have tried many LMS and none like NEO.

Reviewed on 28/08/2017

Productivity! This product allows me to be more effective in what I do and profess.

Pros

NEO has it all! I've a course creator and content integrator since 1996 and I can create academic solutions for an entire region, district and schools. NEO allows me to measure student performance across each boundary and create a community of learning among all stakeholders. NEO has very powerful tools that goes beyond the regular institution administration and operation, this is a holistic education tool!

Cons

As an educator and technology user in the classroom need to have off-line capability so in countries like mine where electricity is not a constant student can keep working while there is no connectivity and resume once they are back within the range of our net coverage.

José
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Best LMS!

Reviewed on 05/11/2016

We use NEO LMS for short online continuing education courses. Almost never students make question about the navigation and funcionality. The organization is as pedagogical as it can be. Rubrics are an espectacular tool to give feedback to the student participation in forums, discutions, debates and other tasks. We make all the presential and hybrid classes complete paperless, and the full online students enjoy the liberty of learning on the go.

Pros

User friendly.

Cons

We like to have dual dates for the task that have multiple parts.

Robert

Best LMS offered online to date!

Reviewed on 23/08/2017

A learning management system that provided the options that we needed when we first started using it almost 4 years ago.

Pros

I love how clean the interface is. It is very easy to manage or navigate around. Parents and students have found using this system is intuitive and very user friendly!

Cons

One con comes to mind and that is the lack of features available to the Small Schools package. There should be a tier introduced that is between the Small School and Enterprise that allow a few more features for smaller schools that cannot afford the Enterprise package to be able to us or offer some sort of al-la-carte for all the features offered on the Enterprise package.

Ana Angelica

Pros and Cons of NEO LMS

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

NEO LMS is indeed very useful for E-learning and virtual classroom management. Conduct of lessons becomes more organized and managed because of the features we can be found in this software. There might be some glitches but I can say that I am satisfied with my overall experience in NEO LMS.

Pros

As an educator, the best feature of NEO LMS that I have really utilized is its assignment management. I can customized the fonts of instruction, add rubrics and schedule the posting of activities. It helps me organize my class and monitor the progress of the performance of my students.

Cons

The feature that I seldom use is the calendar feature. The fact that it is quite limited and cannot be customized well, is also one reason why I would rather use other application for calendar.

Annie
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

This has worked GREAT for our Church's Religious Education program!

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

It allows us to connect with students who otherwise would not participate in Religious Education.

Pros

This allows us to offer an alternative to our gathered program. It gives the students an experience that might even be better than the kids have in class, while still connecting with people from the parish who are responding to and commenting on their work. Making the classes really fun, involving and creative was much easier than I had expected!

Daria
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Beautiful platform

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Stress free experience. I’m always emailed about new assignments, grades and comments. Submissions are easy.

Pros

I like this platform more than others I’ve tried. I’ve used Moodle for many years and recently changed schools. Neo is much more user friendly, has beautiful design, and is easy to navigate from desktop or phone. I also like that it allows Face ID to log in.

Cons

Didn’t notice any cons except i’d prefer more options for editing text in the discussion.

Carol

We explored other options but chose NEO LMS a few years ago. It was the right choice for us!

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

One place for all our curriculum assignments, resources, etc. and easy access (at home & school) from different devices.

Pros

Customer Service is excellent. They are responsive to suggestions and customer requests. It is customizable for the school, and it has served our students and teachers well.

Cons

Would be nice to have a drag-n-drop capability for some of the pages. For example, I can easily add a new web resource but it won't necessarily be in alpha order.

John

NEO Online Classroom

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

I use this to manage an online classroom for 500 users. It is fairly easy to create assignments and monitor student completion. The NEO team is responsive to any questions.

Pros

Developer continues to add features.
Dependable platform.
Easy to use for student and teacher
Allows posts within assignments for student-teacher communication

Cons

Student-Teacher messaging system is not searchable for key words and does not show all messages sent to a student.

Kim

NEO is easy to use, delivers what it says it will, and is easily customized.

Reviewed on 27/08/2017

We get interactivity with the kids and the ability to both do teacher-led and self-paced activities. The adding of standards to assignments and quizzes and the ability to see a master wheel for each student is incredible. The gamification features work perfectly for our gaming and coding focused middle school.

Pros

The ability to apply standards to assignments and quizzes and see mastery wheels for each student based on those standards is FANTASTIC! With our focus on gamification, we can award badges and points, set up leaderboards and more! It's perfect for the unique, highly personalized learning that we focus on in our school.

Rodel

USA using NEO for 2 Years

Reviewed on 23/07/2022

Fair, however, will appreciate if online quizzes can be improved by not allowing students to browse any resources online to include in NEO LMS lesson itself.

Pros

Ease of Use, easy navigation, and others.

Cons

Limited Apps in App Center that can be integrated with NEO such as respondus lockdown browser and monitor. The created lessons can not be downloaded and converted to a word and/or PDF that will be readily available to our students' option of asynchronous modular class.

Julia

School Use

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Pros

We use this LMS for our K-12 school for teachers and students. I like the ease of duplicating courses from one year to another and the ability to have multiple teachers per course.

Cons

The calendar doesn't integrate well with iPhones and I've been restricted to desktop/ laptop use. I'd also like to have a better way to give feedback to submissions than what is currently available.

Majoe

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

Ok but could be better

Pros

Cheaper than Moodle.
Faster to load
logical connections are ok

Cons

Integration
Slow resolution with our question on uploading bulk questions.

Anna
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Review of NEO LMS (LanSchool)

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Overall, it has been helpful.

Pros

I like that they make improvements, add new features.

Cons

Overall, no issues that I don't like. There are a few features that I would change (instead of having to remember to "give" an assignment, have a box that automatically comes up and asks you if you want to go ahead and give it, that way you don't forget) but overall no complaints.