NEO LMS

LMS for schools, universities, and school districts

4.4/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.5/5

37 Software options

Dr oscar V.

The best in the market! I have tried many LMS and none like NEO.

Reviewed on 28/08/2017

Productivity! This product allows me to be more effective in what I do and profess.

Pros

NEO has it all! I've a course creator and content integrator since 1996 and I can create academic solutions for an entire region, district and schools. NEO allows me to measure student performance across each boundary and create a community of learning among all stakeholders. NEO has very powerful tools that goes beyond the regular institution administration and operation, this is a holistic education tool!

Cons

As an educator and technology user in the classroom need to have off-line capability so in countries like mine where electricity is not a constant student can keep working while there is no connectivity and resume once they are back within the range of our net coverage.

Robert A.

Best LMS offered online to date!

Reviewed on 23/08/2017

A learning management system that provided the options that we needed when we first started using it almost 4 years ago.

Pros

I love how clean the interface is. It is very easy to manage or navigate around. Parents and students have found using this system is intuitive and very user friendly!

Cons

One con comes to mind and that is the lack of features available to the Small Schools package. There should be a tier introduced that is between the Small School and Enterprise that allow a few more features for smaller schools that cannot afford the Enterprise package to be able to us or offer some sort of al-la-carte for all the features offered on the Enterprise package.

Daria K.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Beautiful platform

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Stress free experience. I’m always emailed about new assignments, grades and comments. Submissions are easy.

Pros

I like this platform more than others I’ve tried. I’ve used Moodle for many years and recently changed schools. Neo is much more user friendly, has beautiful design, and is easy to navigate from desktop or phone. I also like that it allows Face ID to log in.

Cons

Didn’t notice any cons except i’d prefer more options for editing text in the discussion.

Annie K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

This has worked GREAT for our Church's Religious Education program!

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

It allows us to connect with students who otherwise would not participate in Religious Education.

Pros

This allows us to offer an alternative to our gathered program. It gives the students an experience that might even be better than the kids have in class, while still connecting with people from the parish who are responding to and commenting on their work. Making the classes really fun, involving and creative was much easier than I had expected!

Kim E.

NEO is easy to use, delivers what it says it will, and is easily customized.

Reviewed on 27/08/2017

We get interactivity with the kids and the ability to both do teacher-led and self-paced activities. The adding of standards to assignments and quizzes and the ability to see a master wheel for each student is incredible. The gamification features work perfectly for our gaming and coding focused middle school.

Pros

The ability to apply standards to assignments and quizzes and see mastery wheels for each student based on those standards is FANTASTIC! With our focus on gamification, we can award badges and points, set up leaderboards and more! It's perfect for the unique, highly personalized learning that we focus on in our school.

Gladys M.

Students and teachers both find this LMS very easy to use, and to be able to customize is...

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

The price is perfect. Students and Teachers advise me of the ease of use and the aesthetic appeal of the LMS.

Pros

The ease of use, the visual appeal and the ability to customize the LMS to reflect individual schools.

Cons

It would be wonderful if discussions could have peer reviews and liking. In addition, if there were more options for the type of test questions such as drag and drop.

Bernard daniel E.

Learner's Best Friend

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

I have been very satisfied with what the application provided

Pros

Its overall flexibility has been one of the main features that have helped both administrators, and users to accomplish learning and finishing tasks. You can also fully customize your lessons and subjects to the kind of students that you have.

As an administrator, you have control and statistics on your students' performance and learning.

As one of the best platforms out there for e-learning, NEO has made it easy and light for people who have signed up.

Cons

Some sync issues come up every once in a while when I have to copy information from the masterclass.

One has to be meticulous and detailed in their settings to get the kind of experience you want your students/participants to have.

Google Classroom and CANVAS

Reasons for Switching to NEO LMS

NEO LMS had the most features that matched the profile of the students and administrators. As it is also easy to learn and understand, sharing information and sharing lessons became easy and accessible.
José F.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Best LMS!

Reviewed on 05/11/2016

We use NEO LMS for short online continuing education courses. Almost never students make question about the navigation and funcionality. The organization is as pedagogical as it can be. Rubrics are an espectacular tool to give feedback to the student participation in forums, discutions, debates and other tasks. We make all the presential and hybrid classes complete paperless, and the full online students enjoy the liberty of learning on the go.

Pros

User friendly.

Cons

We like to have dual dates for the task that have multiple parts.

Travis B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

NEO LMS is great for teachers who have online assignments.

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

I have been using it for years now and love it.

Pros

Tech support is supreme.
I can give online and offline assignments.
I can update/edit projects anytime, anywhere.
They are constantly adding new features and refining others.

Cons

Navigation is sometimes awkward. For example, getting to 'Notes' for a student, there is only one route.

Julia T.

School Use

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Pros

We use this LMS for our K-12 school for teachers and students. I like the ease of duplicating courses from one year to another and the ability to have multiple teachers per course.

Cons

The calendar doesn't integrate well with iPhones and I've been restricted to desktop/ laptop use. I'd also like to have a better way to give feedback to submissions than what is currently available.

Peter W.

NEO LMS is easy to use, offers competitive prices and its support has short response time.

Reviewed on 28/08/2017

Pros

As an administrator, I like the ability to synchronize enrollments using API. I also appreciate that with Enterprise Plan I can now re-activate archived users myself.

Cons

I would like to have choice to select from more roles for our users, or even better - to have a role which can be customized. We need stronger Monitor or weaker Admin account.

Ahmed tariq K.

Highly customizable LMS that works well for administration and academics management.

Reviewed on 28/08/2017

Pros

- Flexibility of how much of the entire systems potential you want to use.
- Pleasant interface is easy to use for people of all ages.

Cons

- Mobile App is virtually equivalent to using a phone browser and is not always very mobile-friendly.
- There's still a general clunky feeling to the whole interface (even on desktop). Slightly improving the aesthetics can go a long way.

our platform

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Storing resources, gathering marks of students. Creating quizzes and receiving work via Turnitin.

Pros

The quizzes and the storage of resources

Cons

Absentees, marks, schedules, accounts and reports cannot be printed from this platform.
It is not IOS friendly

Manal I.

The best student interaction platform

Reviewed on 26/08/2017

Pros

It inculcates many features that transfers the real life classroom into an LMS portal. The last seen sessions of students, the various assignment formats and clear grading system are what I love the most.

Cons

It is very complex to be used, it needs a lot of practise and support to get the actual knowledge of.

Carol G.

We explored other options but chose NEO LMS a few years ago. It was the right choice for us!

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

One place for all our curriculum assignments, resources, etc. and easy access (at home & school) from different devices.

Pros

Customer Service is excellent. They are responsive to suggestions and customer requests. It is customizable for the school, and it has served our students and teachers well.

Cons

Would be nice to have a drag-n-drop capability for some of the pages. For example, I can easily add a new web resource but it won't necessarily be in alpha order.

Rick P.

Excellent tool for conducting learning management. It very user friendly with constant...

Reviewed on 25/08/2017

Just an excellent tool to manage the teaching and learning environment - and cost effective as well

Pros

It's easily accessible for students and faculty. The grading system and blogging sites are excellent.

Cons

The cutoff for student cost is high.

Cecilia K.

An excellent help

Reviewed on 06/02/2014

I just started using edu20 this year (August 2013), and it is truly a great help for me and my students to keep track of our work. It saves time since they do not have to search for lost handouts, notes about homework, etc. It also saves paper.

The tools available - for free! - are amazing: lessons, assignments of different sorts, forums, blogs, and more. The design is neutral and the site fairly easy to navigate and use - though I am sure there are things I have yet to learn to make it easier still.

The editing tools for a lesson page are OK but could be easier to use - paragraphing and listing is still tricky, I find, and there is no tabs function, I think, for example - and sometimes when I paste in from a Word document, bits are lost and formatting is altered.

Overall, I would recommed edu20 to any teacher who wants to make use of the cloud in teaching, whether you want to put in more time and learn to explore the full possibilities or not, you can always start out fairly quickly with a class and try things out as you go - that is what I am doing and the students seem to appreciate it. We are thankful all the way from Sweden!

Cailee K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Love NEO, but hate NEO LMS (the app)

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Pros

Love how through apple classroom you can lock students to this app to force them to not cheat on a NEO quiz.

Cons

The app is very glitchy! Sometimes it just shuts down when a student is working in it. Also not all of the quiz features work on the app. The first time students log in to the app is very confusing for them since they have to exactly type in the name of their district.

Anna W.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Review of NEO LMS (LanSchool)

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Overall, it has been helpful.

Pros

I like that they make improvements, add new features.

Cons

Overall, no issues that I don't like. There are a few features that I would change (instead of having to remember to "give" an assignment, have a box that automatically comes up and asks you if you want to go ahead and give it, that way you don't forget) but overall no complaints.

Amber B.

I have had excellent experience with this software!

Reviewed on 25/08/2017

Pros

I like the user interface. The help features and guides are excellent and have helped my staff with the set up of our courses. It is end-user friendly and has been a great tool for instructors and students.

Cristian camilo G.
  • Industry: Higher Education

I take a graduate course in this platform

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Organization, quality material, grades, variety of languages, forums

Pros

Organization, everything is clear and easy to find, it permits to you optimize your time
Quality material is very good and professional videos, lectures, quizzes, etc. is in excellent quality
Grades are easy to find and see all of them
Languages, are a lot of languages available to set your environment and profile
Forums to ask and discuss with your classmates or with the teacher

Cons

Price, I didn't pay anything but my teacher pay for have the course available there
Registration, I have to find a username and password. It will be better if you use student mail account.

Ariana L.

This is targeting as it best!

Reviewed on 09/06/2018

So much help and ideas to create interactive and customizable learning paths.

Pros

As an eLearning Designer, I truly appreciate personalized features and prices! Cypher Learning is one of my favorite companies in the industry right now. And offering special prizes and features for education is a must!

Cons

As amazing as its features are, sometimes it can get overwhelming. Too many options and not all teachers or schools have the real experts to make the best of it. Anyhow, the users manual you can download and the many tutorials available are very helpful.

Noelia R.

EDU 2.0

Reviewed on 11/02/2014

As we're a new English Language Centre, we have found your platform really useful, and we're trying to set everything ready for the beginning of the 2014 school year.
Generally, I dare to say that the site looks really good, and appealing to students, thanks to the wide variety of activities that can be included (thinking as an English as a second language teacher).
I couldn't find any negative point so far, since we are just starting with it, the way of creating the activities, uploading info, and communicating with the students, teachers, parents, and other members of the Centre is really friendly.
Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity of using your product!

Peter L.

Great LMS, functional, versatile, attractive, good value

Reviewed on 15/04/2016

This LMS is a great asset to our organization since 2015. It's quite versatile for creating educational content, managing user accounts, operating online classes, and customizing the school portal. There's lots more that this LMS can do than we are currently using.

Pros: affordable $rates for small schools, ongoing improvement of software/addition of features, capability for audio/video recording, excellent and prompt technical support

Cons: no PDF annotation for marking student assignments yet

Jovanca M.

Great

Reviewed on 05/03/2015

I´ve been using the free version of Edu 2.0, now NEO LMS, for almost five years. I have never had problems, nor my students. I love it. My students, also teachers, are using it now for their own classes. It is really great! It has almost all we need. and very easy to use. English is not our first language but we can manage it well.