Your Workforce Partner

4.7/5

609 Software options

Phyllis J.

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

I love the customer service. They are extremely knowledgeable, friendly, quick to respond, and always trying to make the experience easier for you. Sometimes I think their hands are tied though.

Pros

I am able to run payroll faster. Love APS Hire and the onboarding of new employees.

Cons

I find that it is behind the norm for this type of service. Help center needs revamped for looking up (not the employees), and need to allow video uploads for new hires. Think outside the box on processing payroll, not everyone does it the same.

Response from APS

Thank you for your honest review, Phyllis. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying APS Hire and the quality of support. We appreciate your constructive feedback and will pass this information along. We will also make sure our Customer Success team reaches out to you to ensure you're getting the most out of your investment in the system. Thank you for your time and for being a valued APS customer.

Shelly B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

APS Product and User Review

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Outside of the actual payroll processing, very disappointed with the APS product and support. Implementation was a nightmare. Have been using the product for a year and our benefits administration is still not fully usable because APS cannot set up what we need for some of our products (which are not uncommon). Support in some areas is wonderful and in others, disgraceful. We will be looking for another payroll and HRIS after the new year.

Pros

Payroll processing is very simplified and easy.

Cons

Huge lack of support, right from implementation. Was also sold on a product that couldn't deliver what was led to believe could provide.

Response from APS

Thank you for leaving us a review, Shelly. We are very sorry to hear that you have not received the support and services you were looking for. We will forward your information and feedback to our VP of Client Services, April Remedies ([email protected]), so she can reach out. We thank you for your time and for being a valued APS customer.

Robin C.
  • Industry: Farming

Love it so far

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

Being able to combine payroll AND HR online is amazing. I love the reporting options I have and that I can still run payroll in house but have APS handle the taxes so they are done correctly.

Pros

I love the reporting options! There are so many great reporting options as well as the option to put together your own! I also like that you don't have to sign up for each module if you don't need it. If you are using the payroll module but don't want/need the HR or attendance module than you don't have to sign up for those. I also like that you have your own (small) dedicated support team instead of just calling in or doing an online chat with a random person. We have only been using APS for a short time but so far I love it much more than our previous providers which included Quickbooks and Sage.

Cons

You do several training calls and those can be a bit hard to schedule depending on scheduling conflicts on both sides but that would be expected anywhere..... There really isn't anything I can say I don't really like so far? Maybe the price? It is a tiny bit pricey... Especially for smaller companies....

The only other thing I would like to see would be a quicker processing time for direct deposit. Our previous payroll company was able to process same day which comes in very handy for us (especially during holidays) since we run payroll the following day after the end of our pay period.

Response from APS

Your positive review is very much appreciated, Robin! We're glad to hear you're happy with the reporting options and your dedicated support team. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Deborah P.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Nice to have all of my data in one place.

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

I really enjoy having one program that does almost everything I need. Being a department of one for 3 small companies with about 120 total employees, I need something that helps to keep my organized and on task. APS helps me do that.

Pros

I liked that I had Payroll, benefits, reviews etc. all in one place and accessible to multiple people for ease of completion and reduced time and paperwork.

Cons

I am in the state of WA and there are somethings that are fairly new that We are having to have work arounds because APS does not provide that service as of yet. Also the set up and style of performance management tools are a bit outdated. we have made a work around for that as well.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Deborah! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to manage all of your locations. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Arianna M.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Company Listens to Feedback and IMPROVES

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

I am loving APS. I am new to my position and this is the first time I have used APS and it has been great. I really appreciate the customer service more than anything. I have worked with other HRIS and payroll companies in the past and literally have been on hold for over 20 minutes! With APS, if they don't answer (rare), I send them an email and always hear back the same day. I also have a team of 3-4 people that work specifically with my company so they understand my challenges better than having 300 different people I might get at another customer service department.

Pros

The software is user friendly for the most part. Any time I have concerns, questions, or suggestions, the customer service team is amazing. They listen to my problems and solve anything. If they do not have a solution, they offer to put in a feature enhancement request which goes to their product development team. It is very rare with a software or payroll company that your suggestions matter. I also appreciate the broad spectrum that I have access to. I can track and manage several aspects of the HR department all from one software program. Also, they offer an online portal for employees to access EVERYTHING. I can upload the employee handbook, benefit presentations, and other documents for employees to view and sign off on electronically. They can also view their paystubs, w-2's, etc. They can even change their demographics, W-4 withholdings, or benefit elections online. It is a huge time (and paper) saver for me!

Cons

I have two primary concerns that are not able to be fixed at this time. I am not a fan of the timekeeping options. We can only have the computers, tablet, or a hand scanning device. Unfortunately, in my field, the hand scanning sensor gets dirty and isn't able to be cleaned easily. Also, we have wi-fi issues so the computers/tablets can be a struggle. I am hoping that they will develop a more traditional timeclock in the future or have the ability to sync with 3rd party timekeeping systems. My other concern is the interfacing. It feels like I have to do a lot of clicking back and forth. I would like to be able to select the employees names and then access EVERYTHING about that employee (payroll, HR, demographics, etc.). It's not really a big deal though and I am quick enough at it that I doubt it is costing more time even but it would just be convenient to have it all in one tab.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Arianna! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to complete your tasks and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. Thank you for being a valued customer of APS!

Robin S.

APS Payroll is a Solution for Your Company

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

It has been great, APS is moving in the right direction and we are learning new things all the time and new ways to utilize the software.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to run things from time and attendance to recruitment and onboarding all integrating into the Payroll side of it.

Cons

The implementation and pulling of software from our old database into this one, ensuring that it all matched up correcting.

Paycom and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing APS

We wanted a cloud based system that could easily interactive with other softwear, APS luckily interacts with many softwear already to make payroll and human resources work great together.

Sage 100cloud

Reasons for Switching to APS

Best price for best product.

Response from APS

Thank you so much for the positive review, Robin! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Amanda A.

I have had a wonderful experience using APS as our payroll software. It is a great product and...

Reviewed on 20/11/2017

Pros

What I like most about this product is how everything I need is available at any time I need it as well as being very easy to navigate on the site once logged in. It is very user-friendly and helpful with all needs that I may have as well as requests needed for employees. It is as easy as logging onto the site and clicking two to three times to get exactly what I need. I have had to run reports for myself for office functions as well as a request from an employee and it is always very easy and helpful. I believe we get our money worth by using this product on a weekly basis. It seems to fit all our needs as a company and my needs as an administrator. I have had to call on our account manager a few times and when doing so, every time she has been extremely helpful and efficient in helping me find and get what I need to be done. The quality that this software offers us as a company is hands down the best I have ever had. I have worked with APS for several years now. At one time I processed payroll with APS for about 1500 people bi-weekly and I now do it weekly for about 10. So whether you have 1500 or 10 people to conduct a payroll for weekly or biweekly, APS has made it very efficient and easy to navigate their product and easy to search and find exactly the reports needed. I look forward to watching them grow while we grow and using them now and in our future. There would be no other company that I feel could compare to or offer what APS has been able to do for us. The BEST quality!! From the site to the account manager, they have not only met but exceeded our expectations.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Amanda! We are so glad to hear you love our system and it has made processing payroll simple for you. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Dwight D.

APS is worthwhile

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

Its been a great experience from the start. i never had any major issues with them. THey resolve any issue relatively quickly. Price is decent as well

Pros

The software is easy to use and implement. it solves all of our HR needs and the support is us based located in Shreveport, LA. That american based support makes a huge different during implementation and whenever you run in to problems/issues. Its intuitive and not overly complex like some other systems.(ADP)

Cons

The one thing they need to work on is the mobile app. that is very lacking compared to their competitors. They are working to improve it and add functionality so i know its just a matter of time for that app to catch up to the competitors more robust ones.

• Industry: Sporting Goods

Bumpy at start, but getting better.

Reviewed on 20/11/2017

Having all employee information available quickly both to employee and manager.

Pros

Everything is in once place. Payroll, reviews, goals, employee events, employee documentation. It's all in one place and available for the employee, manager, and HR to review when needed.

Cons

Auditing vacation or personal time is not easy. The audit requires multiple reports and those reports do not download using same format for easy combining of info. For instance, one report may show employee name as Doe, Jane (####). The next report may show the employee name as Doe Jane. When using formulas in Excel, your common denominator is your name. But if the name does not report in the same format on both reports, you cannot combine. The reports I am speaking of are already setup reports. I did also setup my own reports, but they reported the same way. This is one example of several that the formatting doesn't report the same.

Response from APS

Thank you so much for your honest and enlightening review. We really appreciate your feedback. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss your suggestions. If you could please contact Josh Johnson, Client Services Manager at [email protected] or 318-213-3266, he would be happy to talk further.

Sheila L.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Flexible & Robust System

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

My overall experience with APS is extremely helpful. I could not do my job with the flexibility of the APS

Pros

The feature, ease of use, and flexibility that it gives me to pull important information.

Cons

It was getting hold of support in a timely matter but this improving.

Response from APS

Sheila, thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that our platform has been so user-friendly. We have passed along your feedback about response times and will make sure it is a priority! Thank you for being a valued APS customer!

Elizabeth R.

Intuitive & easy to use with great customer care

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

Very happy with it and appreciate the customer service - shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

The reporting features and the payroll audit summary are so helpful and convenient when pulling metrics or finding important information in a snap.

Cons

Being that it's a smaller platform, it does not integrate with other software platforms where data pull is needed from our payroll HRIS.

Response from APS

Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that our software has made your job easier and that your support has been helpful. We noticed you mentioned a lack of integration with other systems. We do offer integrations with hundreds of other systems. Our customer success team would be happy to discuss options with you to ensure you're getting the most out of your investment. Feel free to reach out to April Remedies for assistance - [email protected] Thank you for being an APS customer.

Nancy F.

APS Payroll & Human Resources management second to none!

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

APS customer service is the best of any company I've worked with. All reps are knowledgeable and beyond helpful. Other companies we looked into did not get good reviews in this area. Doesn't matter how great the product (and APS is great!)is if you can't get help when you need it.

Pros

Easy to use, very fast and tons of options.

Cons

Occasionally there are features that I think would be helpful that are not available but in most cases all were addressed and incorporated in future upgrades. They are very good about listening to customers and actually improving their system.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review Nancy! We're glad to hear you're happy with the user-friendly design of our platform and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Andrew P.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

APS has been very good for our company. They are the right price for our size and treat us like we are their number one customer.

Pros

The most impactful feature of the APS payroll system is that it it a web based system. I have worked on others that were not but APS system is. It is easy to learn and my employees and management do not ever have any issues.

Cons

The look of the the software seems dated but it does the job.

Response from APS

Andrew, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a raving review. We are happy to hear our web-based interface has been so helpful. We've passed along your feedback about the aesthetic of the platform as well. Thank you for being a valued APS client.

APS Payroll Solution

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Our organization is very pleased with the services and customer service we receive from APS. We used a different national payroll processor previously but had issues with their knowledge of non-profits and experienced some issues that caused headaches. APS has been able to meet our needs accurately and provides good and personalized training to help our organization maximally utilize the system. When you do have an issue or question, the chat/telephone support is very responsive and helpful.

Pros

The software is easy to use and provides you with a good system for tracking your payroll needs. APS deals with and know non-profits, so knows our needs and is able to accurately meet them.

Cons

We did experience an issue in working to setup accruals for our vacation plans but it seems that the messages I was sending weren't getting through, so there must have been a glitch in the system somewhere.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss your concerns with setting up accrual plans. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

Amy O.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Efficient, Functional & Easy!!

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

It has been amazing! From sales to implementation to service, I always get helpful and quick responses. Processing payroll is quick and efficient! And APS Hire is a great tool for finding and hiring employees. My managers love it!

Pros

I love how user friendly this software is! It was a fairly seamless transition from previous provider and has been easy to use and a breath of fresh air. Processing payroll is a breeze and I am so happy we made the change.

Cons

Only what I have not learned or trained to use!

Response from APS

Amy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you're having a wonderful user experience with our intuitive software and your responsive support team. Thank you for being an APS customer.

Ellen B.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Customer Service is the Best

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Software may be similar with other companies but their customer service is one of a kind. They are the best at helping with any problem or concern I have. Fast and efficient.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. It keeps the time, benefits, and PTO records. Once you learn all the ins and outs you'll cut your work time down dramatically

Cons

Some reports are hard to find. I've had to call and work with them to make some customized reports

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Ellen! We're glad to hear you're happy with the user-friendly design of our platform and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Tom G.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

APS provides a good product at a reasonable price.

Reviewed on 30/08/2018

We have been with APS for several years now and although at times have found some glitches, APS typically is fast to roll out an update to the fix. Most of the customer reps we have worked with over the years have been terrific and helpful!

Pros

Has the ability to manage soup to nuts under one cloud based software. We like having both payroll and managing HR functions (performance reviews, personnel documentation, etc) all in one place.

Cons

We find glitches at times in parts of the software that really seem like they should have been caught at beta testing. Some of the are so evident it amazes us that other customers aren't pointing them out sooner than us (we have less than 40 employees)

Ryan H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Excellent Value and Flexibility

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Great company that saves us time and money.

Pros

The PRICE is great, especially for what you are getting. Secondly, the software saves us time and honestly keeps us from hiring another HR assistant. API integration makes everything seamless and saves time and money as well.

Cons

Not very many cons to speak of. There are few areas that require their team to build in functions, but they do this in a quick timeframe.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Ryan! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Helen D.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

Our business has a "team" of experts at APS. They are all very knowledgably

Pros

Custom events - we use for training and certifications.

Cons

This question is a hard push for an answer - nothing yet

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Helen! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Jessica W.

Great Customer Experience

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

From start to finish we have had an excellent support team. Any questions you may have get answered and resolved. Their team is always there to support you and its very personalized.

Pros

Easy to use. The overall look and feel made it easy to navigate. We really enjoy being able to access the information we need to get things done quicker and in a more efficient manner.

Cons

We have no complaints about the software.

Gusto and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to APS

Cost and products offered. APS had all the solutions we needed and came at a very reasonable price.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Jessica! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our top-rated support team is providing the timely, responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Rebecca P.

assessment

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

overall feeling of that system was a 10-10 . it was handy. usueful

Pros

when I worked for applebees we were using this aps payroll sytstem . I know when I was dealing with some personal legal issues that I need to get copies of detailed info that the aps payroll system has the answers and we were able to print off any copies neccessary

Cons

I wouldnt say there was any cons as to tis was the only payroll system they used. I had no problem accessing this site.

Response from APS

Your positive review is very much appreciated, Rebecca! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our system has reduced your errors. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Cheyenne J.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great customer service

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Pros

The system is easy to use. when I have problems, I call and they walk me step-by-step.

Cons

I don’t have any dislikes, I really appreciate the friendly customer service

QuickBooks Payroll

Response from APS

Thank you so much for the positive review, Cheyenne! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Crystal H.

Excellent software for a small business

Reviewed on 01/06/2021

I'm extremely pleased with this software. I would highly recommend to any company.

Pros

I like the ease of the software and the quick response from the support team when I have a question.

Cons

At this point, I have yet to encounter anything about this software that I'm not happy with.

Response from APS

Crystal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you are extremely pleased with our software and the quick response from your support team. Thank you for being an APS customer.

Tsering D.
  • Industry: Higher Education

amazing product

Reviewed on 09/11/2018

The payroll solution makes it easier for me to see the hourly staff hours and overtime.
it is also very useful when I am entering staff information

Pros

very easy to use and great coustomer support

Cons

sometimes I get kicked out off my log in info and have to make new login.

Response from APS

Thank you so much for your review, Tsering. We really appreciate your feedback. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss your concerns. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

Dawn S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

So glad we made the switch

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

Pros

Real time reporting has allowed for better decision making. Efficiency and accuracy has been improved with electronic timekeeping.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow to load. Also, I would prefer one website with one login rather than two for administrators.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Dawn! We're glad to hear you have been able to improve timekeeping and decision making. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!