Patriot Accounting

Online accounting software made for American businesses

4.7/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.8/5

Brittany N.
  • Industry: Government Administration

My experience with Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

My overall experience with Patriot Accounting is remarkable since it has eradicated accounting errors.

Pros

The way Patriot Accounting enables me to automate all accounting at ease is the best aspect ever on my user end.

Cons

I hardly come across hindrances when using Patriot Accounting, and I use it on a daily basis at workstation.

Scott R.

Patriot Accounting Software

Reviewed on 15/01/2021

I like easy access , i have had no real issues and easily used reports to fill out taxes

Pros

mostly use it for Billing and payroll, I love the feature that I can now pay subs through the Payroll tool

Cons

adding new accounts is not logical and I have had trouble adding balance sheet account groups

Jeff C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great Price. Not intuitive, but gets the job done

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Patriot seems like a payroll company which later added accounting. The payroll module is so easy to use and they appear to have thought of everything. The accounting module is much more quirky and seems a bit haphazzard. But their people are friendly and accomodating, so hopefully, they will up their game on the accounting side. From a price standpoint, you can't beat them for an on-line program that can be shared among users (staff, bookkeeper, attorneys, etc).

Pros

We switched from QuickBooks and that process was fairly easy, along with great support from Patriot. That's the best part of the software - the people at Patriot. They are prompt, attentive, and seem genuinely interested in improving their product. A close second is the Payroll product. It is ridiculously easy to use and far less expensive the most other on-line payroll services.

Cons

It is not intuitive. For example, if you just want to look at your general checkbook ledger, you cannot just click on an icon. You have to go to reports and then find the one that says "account balances." There are a number of things that make sense after you do them (voiding or deleting a check is a multistep process), but it's frustrating trying to find them. One of the biggest head scratchers is that printing a three-part check only prints on two parts of the check. That seems like a pretty basic item to fix, but it's still only two-parts.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

We decided to be entirely in the cloud, so Desktop Enterprise was not going to cut it. We looked at Intuit's online programs, but had sticker shock, especially with the payroll module. We only have two people getting paid via payroll, so it seemed excessive to pay Intuit's prices. We also did not need the myriad features Quick Books offer, as we have fairly simple accounting and payroll needs. We went looking for other on-line solutions and really liked Patriot's design, cost, ease for switching over, and people. We are hoping the accounting program becomes easier and more user-friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Patriot's payroll is easier to use and far less expensive than Intuit's. And we did not need all the bells and whistles that Intuit offers, so Patriot seemed like the right solution.
Tracy G.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Good

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Ive never had any problems and staff is always helpful

Pros

Its very user friendly and helps with paying employee tax. We dony have employees at the moment but they still submit the paperwork and I dont have to think about it.

Cons

I really with they would calculate quartlerly taxes and submit them. Quickbooks even though I am not a fan of them they had that option and it was so easy. I would pay more just for this feature.

Claire R.

Patriot accounting and payroll software

Reviewed on 28/01/2020

Overall Patriot has been responsive, easy to use and has saved me time with taxes. I don't think they have as many features developed yet as QuickBooks and that may cause me to switch but I'm happy for now

Pros

Patriot is extremely user friendly for someone who is new to accounting and small business. I've been mostly able to figure it all out by myself, and when I do need help their customer support team is awesome. I love their feature to pay taxes for is and it is well worth the price so I dont have to worry about it.

Cons

One thing that I dislike about this software specifically for a painting business is that if I have an employee working interior and exterior hours within the same pay period , there's no way (that I'm aware of) to use a multitude of L&I codes for different hours when I run payroll.

Tim O.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great product, great service & great value!

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

No problems and Patriot makes accounting/payroll a breeze!

Pros

It's ease of use and support when needed that explain things in simple, non computer person language!

Cons

What is there not to like! Great product and service...when i need help they are there!

Karen D.

WD Review

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

So far it has been our go to system for bookkeeping and maintaining balance sheets, providing up to date information in just a couple minutes. Everything is laid out so that it's easy to find what you're looking for, moving smoothly from one section to another.

Pros

Easy to navigate once you've experienced it for a short time. Includes all important aspects and functions any small business would require.

Cons

Had a little trouble with integrating beginning balances for certain accounts and could have used a little more explanation. We still use Quickbooks for our customer information and estimates, as it didn't integrate or download as needed from QB into Patriot.

Wave Accounting and FreshBooks

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

Ease of use with everything laid out simply.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Price was good, as was the layout and ease of use.
Dj W.

Perfect for Tracking 1099 Subcontractor Payments

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Fantastic. Their customer support - whether on the phone or through the chat feature - is top notch. Very responsive, friendly and knowledgeable people.

Pros

Patriot Accounting is the best tool I've used for tracking 1099 subcontractor payments throughout the year and producing the necessary end of year forms for tax filings.

Cons

I only use the quick pay features and reporting in the accounting software

Connie L.

Great

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

Customer Service is great

Pros

It is not to robust for a small businees

Cons

paying invoices is not smooth. would be nice to pay deposit instead of the whole invoice

Tim W.

Very happy with Patriot Software

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Pros

It is easier to use and get started than quickbooks

Cons

I wish there were more videos to help with some accounting education.

Brandy G.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Quality of Patriot Software usage

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Fantastic!

Pros

The software is user-friendly, easy to setup your business information.

Cons

I really did not find anything that I disliked.

Brooke C.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Great Program!

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Very helpful!

Pros

I did my own payroll and tax submission the first year we were in business. I had no idea what I was doing! I signed on with patriot and life became so much easier! No more forgetting taxes or form submissions, etc.

Cons

No cons, not used for payroll and it’s great!

Noman F.
  • Industry: Accounting

User Friendly

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Overall, I am satisfied with this software

Pros

Patriot accounting is very user friendly. Patriot customer support is also very helpful.

Cons

Integration from the other product was easy. I dont see any Cons as of now.

Jacob B.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Leaves something to be desired

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

The staff was very persistent in reaching me. However when I did finally have time to answer their call. The person on the line snickered at the difficulties that I had expressed and ultimately they were not able to really help me. I sent a support request awhile back that I have not heard back from. I do not feel like my issues have been taken seriously. This has turned me off from me using the software. I have realized what issues I need to fix but the clunkyness has also made working with the software feel like more of a chore than an asset. I need things to just work so that I can focus on my business.

Pros

I like it’s intention. It has all the right things going for it. Dedicated staff, walkthrough for set up, all of the right features that you would need.

Cons

It is clunky. I have very difficult time fixing my mistakes in set up. I would have a much better time if I could go back and batch edit. This difficulty has made me unable to use. I wish I could more easily import and export information. Excel files are limited. It would be nice if there was an api so that I could actually integrate.

Response from Patriot Software

Hi Jacob, Your experience is not typical for our users and is concerning to us. We are reaching out to you now to try to help you with your setup and are here for you until your questions are answered!

Paul G.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great value, Excellent Convenience

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Pros

I love that Patriot Software calculates and reports all my payroll tax information. As a small business owner, I don't have time for all the busywork that used to come with payroll and taxes. I had tried QB for payroll and never could make it work.

Cons

My business is small, so Patriot Software covers all my needs.

Gary W.
  • Used for 2+ years

Patriot review

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Any time I asked a question, it was taken care of quickly and efficiently. I did not have to stress or worry about the outcome.

Pros

I like the ease of use, Having only 1 employee at the time, it is a breeze. It would take about 5 minutes to do payroll.

Cons

I have not had any areas that did not exceed my expectations. I think I do not come close to utilizing all that it has to offer.

Brandon C.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Extremely small business friendly.

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

Very friendly and responsive customer service. It's allowed me to keep a large volume of record keeping.

Pros

Efficient and has a friend UI experience.

Cons

Payroll from business accounts are difficult to set up ( for my bank)

Karissa M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

love patriot

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

absolutely love

Pros

love how easy running payroll is but yall sending in taxes saves my life

Cons

I need to learn more... so idk at this time

Jennifer S.

My Review of Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Overall my experience has been acceptable. Some features are very easy to work with while others seem to be more difficult, like keeping a running balance for the checking account where it is easy to see.

Pros

I really like the ease of the accounts reconciliation feature and the invoicing feature as well. Invoicing helps me to be sure I know whom I have collected from and what I am still owed.

Cons

I do not like that when using the withdrawal/deposit feature that there is no way to tell what my bank balance is without going to reports. Very inconvenient.

Jeffrey C.

Patriot Payroll

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

been very positive

Pros

Ease of use and monthly cost for payroll prcessing

Cons

initial set up with tax information getting set uo

Harry N.
  • Used for 1+ year

Single employee company

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

Overall, it has been positive.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use but the best part is if you are confused, you can get customer service to help you out and they usually walk you right through the process.

Cons

I wish there was a feature that reminded you that you have to input your payroll. I pay myself quarterly and sometimes I forget to input the payroll. I would appreciate an email telling me that based upon my quarterly payroll I should input my stuff before it is too late.

Kristen M.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Value for the Money

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

I have been very happy with Patriot Accounting. The payroll system is super easy to use. The entering of expenses can be a little clunky, but it is doable. I would recommend Patriot to any small business owner that wants to streamline their accounting with an affordable and easy alternative.

Pros

The payroll system is super easy to use.

Cons

Entering expenses can be a little clunky.

Quickbooks Online

Price
Todd P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Product

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

Pros

Very affordable and easy to use.
They handle all the painful tax matters that go along with doing payroll.

Cons

There are a few categories that are hard to track like employees loans.

Cathleen R.

Happy user but could use improvements

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

I am staying with this software because its easy to use, I wish it was a little better but way easier than intuit quick books so I am staying with patriot.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up the software. Payroll functions are general and easy to use as well.

Cons

I don't like how I can not fully customize reports, it only goes back 3 months for some payroll and vendor functions. Also the invoice feature is not good, the invoices look bad and are not very customizable.

Mya B.

Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

I absolutely love Patriot Software. The customer service is outstanding and they are a company that truly understands the needs of small business owners like myself.

Pros

Cons

N/A

Response from Patriot Software

Thank you for the fantastic review Mya! We pride ourselves on understanding that small business owners want to save time and money.