Gradelink

4.7/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.9/5

Best and easy school communication management software

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Pros

Gradelink is a very innovative platform that has simplified workflow for school managers and teachers as well improved transparent communication between educators and parents. Among the main features I love include the fact that it is cloud-based, making it accessible from anywhere, enabling users to perform their daily duties on the go. Secondly, teachers are saved a lot of time on lesson planning, add assignments, homework and learning exercises without worrying about school system standard to use. Additionally, the software had gradebook are generously available and integrates with lesson plans and report card features. Another outstanding feature is the discipline feature which allows administrators to track negative and positive behaviors, add or remove credits, and focus on each student's academic goals. Parents can also access this information and can monitor their children's behavior and contribute actively by supporting teachers. Last but not the least is the various reports that can be accessed from a single platform in no time. Whether its on attendance, registers, medical records, enrollment level etc, Gradelink has all the information at hand for either administrators, parents, students and all relevant users. Finally, I love the fact that Payment processing and billing is integrated within the software, making it easy for parents to settle their dues.

Cons

Overall, it is a life saving software but it may be pricy for a small school that attempts to increase enrollment and all.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for sharing so many ways your school community is benefitting from using Gradelink!

Ross

They Don't Stop Trying

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Any time you get stuck, help is very near at hand. They have an incredible number of short videos that get right to the point and handle almost any question you have about how to do something. Their tech support is usually very prompt and has been able to help us work through some of the unique situations we've encountered. We're still working at some but are confident something will be worked out.

Pros

The integration into our existing system was painful, mainly because our previous processes were primitive and we had some unique requirements being a religious school that is partly a boarding school and partly a local school and serves both high school and college. Gradelink was not setup for that scenario but worked very hard with us to create work-arounds that, after one year, seem to be working well. Their communication included all the methods we needed and replaced a hodge-podge of approaches we had been using. It is now seamless and very useful. Our parents are very appreciative of the improved communication we now offer as well as the mobile app that lets them more easily track their child's progress. Teachers love the ease with which assignments can be created and scored. The addition of Google Classroom integration was huge for our school as we a fully committed to Classroom and can now easily sync grades. Their approach works well with few hiccups once you have the process down.

Cons

We were told that we would be able to handle both our high school and our college with one "copy" of Gradelink. This has proved problematic, but GL continues to work with us on solving those problems. There are still problems we are having with transcripts and class rank and hope those get solved before the end of the year.

Response from Gradelink

Each school's needs are unique, and while yours have been particularly challenging, we're happy to have the opportunity to serve your school, Ross!

Katie

gradelink

Reviewed on 02/09/2022

Pros

Transcripts are easy to find and save as a pdf.

Cons

The calendar needs to be visible on the app. We really needs parents to be able to subscribe to the school calendar. It's synced from gradelink to our gradelink website, but parents really do need to have the ability to then subscribe to the calendar so the info can go directly to their phone calendars.

Response from Gradelink

We appreciate your feedback, Katie! It helps us gain a better understanding of our schools' and their families' needs.

Gradelink - a great company to work with!

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

When we have had issues with Gradelink, their team immediately takes care of the issue. There are tweaks over the years we have made and they have been very accomodating.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden]
met with me recently through Zoom to show better ways our website can be effective. I appreciated the time he spent showing ways to help parents know what we are about.

Cons

Report cards do not always turn out the way we want them. It still needs a little more tweaking.

Response from Gradelink

We’re glad you chose Gradelink when you had to switch SISs, and we look forward to working with your school for years to come!

Barbara
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Answer to a small school's needs

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

I have been very satisfied with Gradelink, from usability to customer service when there is a question or concern. The staff is always polite and efficient. I would like to see some of the"extras" included in our package, simply from a budgetary perspective. We are a little school, your tuition/fees program looks excellent, I would like to see if it more effective that what we are using now. I highly recommend Gradelink and have spoken to other administrators about our success with the program.

Pros

I needed a program that would be easy to implement, easy to use, and affordable. After reviewing a number of SIS programs, Gradelink met the needs of the school. Having the program for five years I have found new staff members are able to jump in quickly, parents love the ease of communication and availability of attendance, grades, and comments concerning their children. We also use the "news" page to keep parents up to date with reminders and current events. I use the program for snow cancellation and delays, as well as blast informational emails to our community, including alumni.

Cons

There are still a couple of pieces of information that take me time to access, including a quick attendance report on an individual student or a readable transcript that is inclusive of attendance, but a part of that might be my lack of knowledge. Customer service has been excellent in helping us customize report cards, something we could not do independently. Some of the staff is still reluctant to use the planning program to its full capacity, I'm not sure if there is an overarching reason or merely a comfortability learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

Engrade no longer met our needs and had glitches that hindered my work. I realized the advantage of having a SIS that integrated a strong communication component with online grading/planning/standards/progress report and report card generating capacity, in addition to the ease of new staff member and parent usability.

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

I'm not sure these alternatives SIS companies are correct, the program is not allowing me to put in the companies as I remember them. Some programs were way out of our budget, some were far more or far less than what we needed, Gradelink was the right fit. The people I spoke with during the process were hugely helpful, professional, knowledgeable, patient. I spent a summer researching and experimenting with free trials. Gradelink won me over, and the staff has been nothing but supportive about the decision, which is why I have recommended Gradelink to other administrators that have been dissatisfied with their services. Gradelink grows with our school and our needs. I expect to be a long time customer.

Response from Gradelink

We love hearing how well Gradelink fits your needs, Barbara, so thanks for sharing! We're always happy to help and there's no charge for training and support so please contact your support rep for assistance on anything from lesson plans to attendance reports. Or click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink for tons of invaluable information, including articles, screenshots and videos.

Debbie

Gradelink does what we need!

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

We've solved communication problems and group texting as well as phone calls with the program. Our overall experience has been positive. Gradelink has been very responsive to any concerns we have had.

Pros

Gradelink has been user friendly and provides us with all that we need to store our student information and communicate with our families at a reasonable price. The customer service has been great. It is easy for us to call and get help if we get confused or don't understand an aspect of the program. We do not need to set aside days to do teacher training. The program is simple enough that brief training sessions and video links are all we need to train new teachers. Ease of enrollment and re-enrollment are nice as well.

Cons

At times, I would like more features, such as digital sign in for our preschool and aftercare. They have a program for that, but it is not what we need, so we will wait patiently for the program to be perfected! :)

When parents enroll, we have found that they can skip certain answers by just putting in a space or a letter, for example. We would like for that feature to some how be fixed.

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

Originally, it was because of the cost of the other program. We are glad we made the decision because it is still much more cost effective for our small school AND seems much more user friendly when talking to other schools who use RenWeb.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for a great review, Debbie! We always appreciate feedback from our schools to let us know what's working well and what could use improvement.

Aimee

I love Gradelink!

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

We have found Gradelink to be superior to other SIS programs we've used in the past. The cost is more practical and there are very few glitches. It works well across PC and Mac platforms.

Pros

I love the ease of use, functionality, and cost of this software. However the part I like MOST is the customer service. Whenever we have a question or issue, Gradelink customer service/technical support representatives are helpful and friendly.

Cons

The only part of Gradelink that I don't love is the lesson planning feature. It is sufficient, and I could easily get by using that module. However, I prefer the flexibility of another lesson planning product.

Orbund, Blackbaud CRM and FACTS

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

We were very frustrated with the technical glitches we experienced with HeadMaster. You also had to use a portal to access the program. The interface was designed for PC, and it was clunky on a Mac. We often were kicked off during a session, and sometimes lost data.

Orbund, Blackbaud CRM and FACTS

Response from Gradelink

You made the support team's day, Aimee! We're always looking for ways to improve Gradelink, so please send a note to [email protected] to let us know what changes you'd like to see in lesson plans.

Stephanie

Gradelink Integration

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

We’ve enjoyed working with gradelink. There grading, report cards, attendance, student database, transcripts, etc. are fantastic and easy to use. Love having this system!

Pros

I love the customer support and how easy it is for me to get an answer for what I’m looking for. Never have I worked with better customer support!

Cons

I’m not a fan of the lesson plans. They are designed to mirror Planbook, but the features just aren’t there to facilitate it. We ended up switching back to planbook this year. It’s slightly aggravating because gradelink is an all in one system.

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

Engrade merged with another company and no longer offered the services we needed.

Pricing

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Stephanie, you made the support team's day! We also appreciate your feedback on lesson plans because it helps us better understand what schools need.

Wendell

School Management Software

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

We love this software. It is easy for all users to operate.

We love this software. It is easy for all users to operate.

Pros

Gradelink offers schools a complete school and student management system that can be easily custom designed.

Cons

The only concern is that we are on the East Coast and customer service is on the West Coast.

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

We wanted something that we could easily customize and be easier to use.

FACTS

Response from Gradelink

We that you love it, Wendell! Even when we're not in the office, help is always available by clicking on the question mark icon at the top of the screen when you're logged in. You'll find all kinds of articles, screenshots and videos on everything from training to report cards to admissions and more.

Justin

Great overall functionality and ease of use

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

Gradelink, as a system, meets all of the needs of our institution. It is highly customizable and adaptable. the Mandarin language supports helps our international families as well.

Pros

Gradelink is easy to pick up and use on day one. Help and tutorials are available within the program and the support team proactively sends emails telling us how and where to find more help if we need it.

Cons

It's not 'pretty'. But this is not a feature I was shopping for.

PowerSchool and Jupiter

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

Cost, customization, interaction with the sales and support teams. Gradelink seemed like the right product for us and is supported by a team that was will willing to help us meet our objectives.

Response from Gradelink

We're honored that you chose Gradelink, Justin! We promise to keep working hard to keep you happy.

Samantha

Great Value

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

So far this has been the easiest program to use out of all the others we have tried over the years and by far the most budget friendly!

Pros

I like how customizable this program is. We are a tiny school that is self-paced and year-round. It seemed like we could not find a product that checked all of our boxes.

Cons

I wish that users could have multiple roles. I have a teacher who is also an administrator. We had to create two accounts for him.

Almabase and FACTS

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

The cost was too much for what we were getting. Also, it was not customizable enough for us. We had to pay each time we needed support.

Almabase and FACTS

Cost and customization

Response from Gradelink

We are honored that you chose Gradelink as your SIS, Samantha! We look forward to working with you for years to come.

Kelly

Gradelink, YES!

Reviewed on 13/02/2023

Our experience with Gradelink has been terrific!

Our experience with Gradelink has been terrific!

Pros

The service is easy to use..... If a mistake is made, it is easy to correct. There is no fear of "losing everything", or having to start from scratch. It is well designed to streamline use.

Cons

There is nothing troublesome with the platform Gradelink.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Kelly! We work hard to take care of our schools, so your review made our day.

Andy

Gradelink School Management System Review

Reviewed on 24/03/2023

Very positive. This is our first proper school management system and I am cannot recommend enough how impressed I am with the system and what it provides.

Pros

I always look for software that is intuitive and easy to pick-up and use. I found this to be the case with Gradelink. They provide an excellent Customer service to help get started and throughout the process of learning how to use the software as well as ongoing customer service.

Cons

As we are located outside of the US, organizing a way to pay the setup fee and annual fee took some time to sort out. This was eventually resolved.

PowerSchool

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

Our self-created database was limited in what it could provide. We have grown to be a school of almost 600 students and needed a product that could provide better organization and efficiency in managing the school and reports etc.

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

Price was competitive, customer service was excellent from the very beginning, product easy to use

Response from Gradelink

There are a lot of choices out their, Andy, so we are honored that you chose Gradelink! We're here for you, so please let us if you ever need assistance.

Angela

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Pros

Families do not have to enroll themselves. They are easily enrolled because we use Gradelink for our school lesson planning, grading, and communication.

Cons

So far we are very happy with everything.

Response from Gradelink

We love that you're happy with everything, Angela! And we'll continue working hard to keep it that way.

Haiat

I am very happy with gradelink software. It made my life easy as an administrator.

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Most of all, the biggest benefit is that it saves our time in the office. We do not have information everywhere. All information is located in the software.

Pros

Every information we need is stored in G.Link. All lesson plans and standards are together. Standards carry a lot of information for teachers. Grades are easily entered and are not lost. Parents communication has gotten better this year because of G.Link. Every teacher has a web page that she/he can design.
Administrators can publish their announcement daily, weekly and monthly.

We like the fact that it prepares the students' report cards and transcripts. We do not have to do that any more. The discipline, students' health life, parents' information is all there for us.
Teachers like it so much. They still need to get used to it and the deadlines they receive but I know for a fact that they like the features in the lesson plans such as copy and paste the whole week then make daily changes. I keep teaching this feature because that 's what will make their planning so easy, especially for those ho have 6 different subjects to plan.

I love how the administrator can easily check teachers' lesson plans, up to date grades. Teachers reports is another feature that is really valuable. Once teacher understand how to use, they can retrieve a lot of information from those reports and use.

The Gradelink staff and team members are extremely sharp and helpful. They usually give us answers right a way even if we call 10 times a day. They still help.
They know well that once we get it we will stop calling them. I love their big support.

Cons

One thing does bother me. We want to send information to parents such as pictures, newsletters and so on. We can not send 2 at the time or more than one.
We have to wait a certain time in order to send another info. This does work for us as we have to send timely information. Something that we have to send today, we can wait until next week to send. It is time sensitive.

Response from Gradelink

It's wonderful that Furqaan Academy is making good use of so many of Gradelink's features, Haiat! We're always happy to help, so, if you haven't already, please contact your service representative about sending multiple messages to your students' parents.

Raquel

Gradelink is Awesome!

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Outside of the workarounds, Gradelink is a very intuitive SIS system. It was easy to launch and the ease of use is great! I can't speak highly enough about [sensitive content hidden]. She has been a real pleasure to work with and makes it easy for me to implement this system. Thanks Gradelink for such an awesome SIS platform.

Pros

Compared to the prior SIS system we had, Gradelink is much more user friendly and easy to launch. Additionally, the customer service is superb! My representative, [sensitive content hidden] is absolutely amazing. While there are many training videos available for the system, Kate is also available to walk us through any issues we are experiencing. She spent a substantial amount of time walking my team and I through a few challenging problems we were trying to solve. She really cared that we were able to use the platform as its intended. Her customer service skills are literally a 10/10. I appreciate her.

Cons

As I attempt to merge both my elementary school and my preschools on to one platform, I am seeing a few issues with the platform meeting the needs of my preschool. Our contractual obligations require our preschool students to be checked in and checked out with the SPECIFIC time. I general present and absent will meet our contract requirements. The feature that we need is a batch check in and batch check out for all of our students is very tedious and time consuming. The billing feature is also challenging because the platform assumes parents all pay a flat rate or a slight variation of the fee (i.e. sibling discount). However, the majority of our preschool parents pay different fees because they have subsidized care. Lastly, PaySimple being the only payment processing system is a challenge because it lacks an auto invoicing feature. While the auto billing is great, many of our parents are not ok with auto billing. However, auto invoicing would allow us to send the necessary reminders and make it easy to pay right from the invoice.

Response from Gradelink

We agree, Raquel—Kate is amazing! We appreciate you sharing what you like about Gradelink and what you'd like to see added because it helps us keep up with educators' needs.

Portia

Gradelink for Schools is awesome.

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Gradelink makes our operation completely automated and allows to admin to access student information efficiently. The less paper in our work environment the better.

Pros

This software allows our admin and teachers to work smarter not harder. The the software is utilized the easier it becomes to start a new school year because so much info carries over. The information that parents and students have is presented differently because each user has a different goal for using the software. Gradelink makes it easy to integrate all aspects of the education environment into one easy to use vehicle.

Cons

The software does not allow users to edit and input their own personal information. There fore keeping up on ever-changing hone numbers and even teacher info is a challenge. The information from previous years is not as easy to access. It is accessible though.

Response from Gradelink

"...allows our admin and teachers to work smarter not harder." We love that, Portia! And we agree that using less paper is a good thing. We appreciate your comments because they help us understand our customers' needs.

Janet

Gradelink makes school admin life easier

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

I really do love working with Gradelink and if I ever have a question, I rarely wait online long for assistance. I always get help, and the call center is very friendly.

Pros

Love that we can mass email, individuals or whole grades. Gradelink is user friendly, everything is in one place. There are a lot of tools that parents can use to access grades, assignments, teacher's pages, and now we've set it up for discipline. (instead of using a separate program) Parents also have input on community service hours, we can add ACT/SAT scores to transcripts, too.

Cons

That the "Not Re-enrolled" button doesn't work. It just gives all students, instead of the ones not re-enrolled.
Teachers not having the ability to send a text for their classes. - So, they have to use "Remind"

Response from Gradelink

It's rewarding to hear how much your school community is doing with Gradelink, Janet! Please contact your support rep for help with the "not re-enrolled" button and we'll be happy to see if we can get that resolved. Unfortunately, at this time, admins are the only ones who can send text messages

Susan

Customer service

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

I love anytime I have a issue with classes, schedules, transcripts or even just a general question, I can contact [sensitive content hidden] at Gradelink and he helps me through anything I need at any given time day or night! He replies back immediately and always saves the day! He is beyond one of the kindest and sweetest representative always helping our school with anything we need!

Pros

Cons

I like everything about Gradelink I feel it is very easy to use and not complicated to understand. [sensitive content hidden] at Gradelink sends us videos that are so easy to understand plus he is always available to help when we need anything!! I feel like [sensitive content hidden] is key to your company’s success at Gradelink!! He goes above and beyond to always help with anything we need!

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Susan! We wish your support rep's name could be shown so he could get the recognition he deserves for how well he takes care of our schools.

Nicole

Using Gradelink

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

My overall experience has been great, except for their support network. When I get certain people, my help is AMAZING and fast. Recently, I either get no response from Gradelink or, when I do get a response, they don't seem to understand how to fix my problem. It is 50/50 at this point.

If Gradelink would have better call support, I would be the happiest customer they have. Gradelink really does a great job.

Pros

I love a majority of everything that Gradelink has to offer. Too many wonderful things to mention.

Cons

Little things like the fact that we are unable to put the student's address on report cards, etc. A lot of little things like that. Those little things seem like they should already be options for the database, but they are not. These little things do not really disappoint me enough to not love Gradelink.

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT and FACTS

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

Price and how it was organized.

Response from Gradelink

We appreciate your feedback, Nicole. We're thrilled that most of your experience with Gradelink has been great yet we're sorry you've been frustrated while trying to get the help you need. We want you to be the happiest customer ever, so your support rep will be reaching out to you to assist you in any way we can.

Kristin

Top Notch

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

wonderful! Great product & top notch support. I know there's other systems out there but I wouldn't change because of the wonderful support! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] & everyone else SHCS Loves you!

Pros

Gradelink is extremely user friendly & intuitive. When I have had a concern or problem Gradelink's support always goes above & beyond to resolve the issue. Today I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about reformatting our report cards, he was absolutely wonderful! He gave me some great tips & insight. I greatly appreciate the time he took to format a few different report card types & a few other changes while on the phone.

Cons

I would like to see some changes to the billing tab. . . .It could also be because I do not have an accounting background. The ledgers are really hard to read from an administrators side, the running balance in particular. Also, the statements for the parents can be confusing. We use Quickbooks for accounting & have been sending parents statements from there, as they are much easier for our parents to read. It would also be nice to be able to have parent information available when you click on the student demographics in the Financial tab.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for sharing what you like and what you'd like changed, Kristin! Feedback from our schools lets us know how we can better address your needs.

Ani

Great Customer Care

Reviewed on 01/10/2020

Overall I have had a great experience!

Overall I have had a great experience!

Pros

I really like how easy it is to contact customer care and actually be able to speak to a human!

Cons

There are features that Gradelink does not provide that other SISs do.

Response from Gradelink

We love that you've had a great experience with Gradelink, Ani! Please let us know what features you'd find useful because we're always looking for ways to make life easier for our schools.

CHRISTINE

Gradelink Review

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Pros

I like that the platform is easy to use. I am able to keep all my grades in one place and assign a value to each section.I like that emails send are stored for future review.

Cons

The switch between entering in new assignments is not easy. Programs we have used in the past made it easy to enter in new assignments quickly. The use of the planning component is not easy.

Response from Gradelink

Although it's good that you find Gradelink ease to use, we're sorry you're a bit frustrated with assignments, Christine. You may find the information on the help website useful. This link will take you a few articles on working with assignments: bit.ly/2PB1Tob. If you'd like additional assistance, there's no charge for support, so please contact us any time and we'll be happy to help!

Adrienne

Gradelink SIS Makes Life Easier

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

We are able to communicate with all of our parents, whether by email or text, which is great. The software is pretty easy to use and there is always someone available to help when issues arise.

Pros

I love that I always have access to the software and can use it whenever and wherever. I can schedule messages and really have no issues.

Cons

I would like there to be a mobile app portion for use.

Response from Gradelink

Being able to work anywhere is wonderful, isn't it? In addition to the Student/Parent Mobile App, we are planning on an app for teachers and admins, although we don't have a release date at this point. And we love the title of your review, Adrienne!

Jennifer

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 14/12/2023

Pros

It's fairly easy to use and the customer service reps are very quick to respond and helpful.

Cons

Some functions are tedious to set up or correct. Sometimes it is a challenge to send correctly formatted emails through SmartSend.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for your feedback, Jennifer! Input from our schools plays a vital role in our ongoing product development.