Gradelink

4.9/5

504 Software options

Sharon F.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

My personal experience regarding the software.

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

It has been easy to learn and easy to use, regarding the functionality it has available.

Pros

I was able to figure out how to use most of the features by watching the training videos. I utilize the solutions homepage often.

Cons

The ability to pull information out of the database is not as strong as I would like for reporting functions.

Response from Gradelink

We're glad you find Gradelink so easy to use, Sharon! There's no charge for support, so please feel free to contact your friendly support rep and they'll be happy to help you with your reporting needs.

Pat K.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

GREAT QUALITY at an expensive cost.

Reviewed on 25/09/2021

My Administration team and teachers are so HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY to use an all inclusive program finally to help all of our job so much easier.

Pros

EVERYTHING!!! I'm able to retrieve reports at the push of a button.

Cons

So far on the discipline side, I want to be able to determine when my incident types are occurring throughout the day so that I can utilize my intervention team and plan.

Response from Gradelink

We're thrilled Gradelink is working so well for you and your staff, Pat!

Vickie L.

Gradelink for schools

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

Experience has been good. Customer service is excellent - respond usually in the same day, even when I am on the East Coast and they are at West.

Pros

It is very user friendly and covers everything we need. I like that you can easily correct issues in the finance area. Email and text messages are easy to set up and send out. I still have things to learn about some of the finer points - reports etc.

Cons

Some reports under financials can get quit lenthly. Wish it was on fewer pages etc. especially when running statement by category.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for sharing how well Gradelink is working for your school, Vickie!

Missy L.

Good but could be Better

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

I like Gradelink. The customers service team is always Very Helpful. They know what they are doing and they know how to explain things so we can understand. Thank you.

Pros

I like that there are a lot of functions, and it can be used for many things... for teachers, administration, lunch staff... everyone is working form the same place. We only have to have one program and it works.

Cons

There are a lot of functions, and a lot of things can be done with one program. :) This program takes some time to get used to. You have to watch ALL the training videos (the videos are good). But there are little things like having to type in the same contact person over and over for different children. There should be an option to add a new person or add an existing person to a pickup list. Also, I don't understand why the online payments don't get posted to the Ledger. If they pay with a credit card online I still have to manually add it to the Ledger so they can see that they paid for tuition. In the program we used last year it showed up automatically. One more thing, when a child is checked in/out or signed in/out for attendance, is there a way for the name of that child to be a different color or something when they are in or out. Sometimes teachers can't remember if a student was checked in or not, so they do it again, but this signs the student out. Then they have to do it again to sign them in again. If there was a way for the students' names to look different (like a different color) when they are signed in then it would be very helpful. Thank you.

Response from Gradelink

We're always looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback, Missy! The development team is working on automatic updates for the ledger, although we don't have a release date yet. Stay tuned!

Nancy A.

Gradelink is great!

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Very helpful and friendly. They have a good help section and customer service answers right away . Good product!

Pros

This software helps us organize our student and parent population. We keep track of attendance and grading which allows us to print out report cards and keep grading information on gradelink.com. We can keep track of student alumni so we can keep in touch. We also are able to use the system to keep in touch with potential families who are looking for quality education. Customer service is fabulous! Every time I call with a question they help me in a friendly manner and solve my problem. We use the system keep track of hours at the Preschool and aftercare and thus are able to quickly see who may owe for such services.

Cons

They are still developing some aspects so sometimes a feature is not yet available. Such as last year we were looking at the sign in/out feature but it was not ready. This year we are using it!

Blackbaud eTapestry

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

We liked the product and the features it had and it was a good fit for us.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for sharing so many ways you are using Gradelink, Nancy! And you're right our development team is continually working on creating new features and updating existing ones in order to offer the most complete system possible.

Janet S.

Gradelink makes school admin life easier

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

I really do love working with Gradelink and if I ever have a question, I rarely wait online long for assistance. I always get help, and the call center is very friendly.

Pros

Love that we can mass email, individuals or whole grades. Gradelink is user friendly, everything is in one place. There are a lot of tools that parents can use to access grades, assignments, teacher's pages, and now we've set it up for discipline. (instead of using a separate program) Parents also have input on community service hours, we can add ACT/SAT scores to transcripts, too.

Cons

That the "Not Re-enrolled" button doesn't work. It just gives all students, instead of the ones not re-enrolled.
Teachers not having the ability to send a text for their classes. - So, they have to use "Remind"

Response from Gradelink

It's rewarding to hear how much your school community is doing with Gradelink, Janet! Please contact your support rep for help with the "not re-enrolled" button and we'll be happy to see if we can get that resolved. Unfortunately, at this time, admins are the only ones who can send text messages

Anissa P.

Overall it was a really good experience. All the hard work was worth it based on the outcome.

Reviewed on 03/07/2018

Pros

We really trust Gradelink, as they previously hosted our old site and always do a great job with our school package we have through them. Since we knew we were overdue for an updated website, it was an automatic choice for us to ask Gradelink to handle the design. We are so thrilled with our new website! It is so much cleaner, fresher, user-friendly, precise and engaging. Vince helped us take the next best steps and continues to assure us beyond the finished product, which demonstrates outstanding customer service. Rep was absolutely phenomenal! So very patient, detail-oriented, honest, attentive and kind he went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied with the final product and that we felt comfortable to collaborate and share our ideas and needs during the building process. Our site needed so much work, and he was always very gracious in our planning meetings. His expertise was so evident and he worked extremely hard to ensure our satisfaction. Genuine excitement about our website project was also evident and helped spur us along when we needed to envision our future site. We are so grateful for Rep and Gradelink!

Cons

Everyone on our team isn't super "techy" so there will be a learning curve. However, we are glad that we can utilize the monthly support that Gradelink offers.

Response from Gradelink

It's been a pleasure working with West Covina Christian School, Anissa! Please let us know how we can help less tech-savvy staff members become more comfortable with Gradelink.

Becky B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

User friendly Student Management Software

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

Overall Gradelink helps us stay on top of our growing student body giving us a central place accessible by everybody with current information. In addition, it helps us provide better communication with our school parents.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and use. The user interface is very easy to get staff to buy into using. We had tried a different product first and it was just too much for my users.

I am very happy with the reliability of Gradelink. We have been using it for a number of years and Gradelink has been down less than 5 times. Ever. Wish I could say the same about our internal network!

I am very pleased with support. Everybody is friendly and responsive. Problems large and small have been handled as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Cons

The stuff that is missing like:
historical student census data -- how many in each class last year, 3 years ago? how many re-enrolled this year compared to last three years? etc.
seating chart with pictures report
different attendance reports (monthly for National School Lunch)
more financial report options
ability to enter the school calendar and have attendance automatically marked NS for those days.
Little stuff that annoys but doesn't really prevent me from accomplishing what I need to.

Response from Gradelink

Feedback from our schools is an important part of our development of new features and updating existing ones, so appreciate your input, Becky!

Becky B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy to use & Excellent support

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Overall Gradelink has been extremely reliable and stable for us over the years with outstanding customer support. I highly recommend it for small to medium sized schools.

Pros

Gradelink made the transition from a paper & spreadsheet system to an online multi-user student information system extremely easy. Everyone we worked with made implementation and training super smooth. In the years since, we have continued to receive excellent customer care and support when needed.
Also, as a Wisconsin Choice school, I love the WISEdata implementation.

Cons

My least favorite feature is the way it handles student contacts: you must enter all contacts for each student. There is no way to build a file of contacts and link them to appropriate students. So a family of three students with four emergency contacts means I am keying in the same four e.c. people three times. It is not a deal breaker, but the bigger our school gets, the more annoying it becomes.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for letting us know what you like and what you'd like to see added, Becky! Feedback like yours helps us better understand our schools' needs.

Lori G.

Heritage Oak

Reviewed on 07/08/2020

Excellent customer service both online and calls!

Pros

Ease of sending communications to parents, staff, and students.
Improvements are being made all the time and Gradelink staff is always willing to help find solutions to problems.

Cons

Lesson plans are not accessible to old terms that have been closed.
Attachments sent in emails are not accessible.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for your review, Lori, we love hearing from our schools!

Rob Y.

Easy transition

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Pros

Software is easy to navigate and switch to. Help section is actually helpful. I almost never have to call or chat with anyone at Gradelink.

Cons

No way to print a paper copy of contract, except by screen shots.

Response from Gradelink

It's good know the help section works so well for you, Rob! As for printing contracts, please talk with your support rep and they'll be glad to assist you.

Laura H.

Customer Service was on point

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

When I called customer service frazzled, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was calm and responded quickly to resolve my concerns.

Pros

As I was working on transcripts for my high school students, the online tutorials provided information for me to enter information from a previous information system.

Cons

When I resolved one problem the Midterm and final exam gpas appear to not have been averaged correctly in their respective column.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Laura, we're glad to help anytime you need us!

Bertram C.

Gradelink Support

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

I called support and spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who did an excellent job of helping correct a problem I was having setting up a Term and copying classes. He saved me tons of time.

Pros

Gradelink is a comprehensive program and that is why support is so very important. That is what I like most about Gradelink, its support.

Cons

Gradelink might benefit from a few extras to make it even better such as adding transcript options for grammar schools k-12 that allow for 2 page transcripts to show grades through all the grades. Or changing a teacher for a given grade or set of classes that would automatically replace all the classes the old teacher had with the new one automatically...

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for the feedback, Bertram! We appreciate ideas from our schools because it helps us with future product development.

Rachel A.

Excellent Support with Issues that arise.

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Pros

I like the ease of use with student management. I also like the support that I receive when I have an issue. The support is topnotch!! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has helped me on several occasions and is very knowledgeable about the product and very professional.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is not being able to pull just the current year EnrollMe information in a report. The report pulls ALL information in EnrollMe (from the first year we used it which is about 4 years of data) and the report is cumbersome. I can get what I need, but it takes several extra steps to get it to a more manageable size.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for letting us know what you like and what you'd like to see, Rachel! It helps us understand how to better serve our schools.

Stephanie W.

Great Resource for Teachers

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Overall, the pros of Gradelink outweigh the cons. I think the issue with Google Classroom will eventually be resolved as it is a newer aspect of Gradelink.

Pros

I really love that this software has everything a teacher needs all in one place. They have grading, lesson plans, parent communication, and attendance all in one place.

Cons

The one issue I have with Gradelink is their link with Google Classroom. When trying to transfer grades from Google Classroom to Gradelink, all the grades get put into one category and you have to manually fix it each time you sync the two.

Response from Gradelink

Good news, Stephanie! Google Classroom grades can be synced automatically. Go to bit.ly/2MA3k7f for step-by-step instructions. If you need any assistance with it, please contact your friendly support rep and they'll be glad to help.

Abdelkadir B.

Gradelink is a teacher's bestfriend

Reviewed on 24/09/2021

Before i discovered gradelink, i used to struggle with my tasks as a teacher and administrator at the same time, managing your students online is no easy task, but with gradelink, every task that used to take me days to finish, i can now get done with simple clicks. I can easily keep in touch with parents and report to them. Overall Gradelink makes my life easier as a teacher.

Pros

I like how it helps me keep in touch with parents about their children's progress, behaviour, ect...
I like how it saves time automatically doing tasks that teachers like me normally take forever to complete manually.
I like how friendly and reliable the costumer service is.
It makes it easier for me to manage my online students informations and details.

Cons

I don't like the fact that i cannot send multiple files at once.
It can be a little pricey for low-fund teachers.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for sharing some of the ways you're using Gradelink to get more done in less time, Abdelkadir!

Stephen H.

Gradelink scaffolds the learning

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Since using it, I've looked for creative ways to tailor it to my needs and for the benefit of my students. The Gradelink company is awesome in the way that they listen to our needs as a school and make the necessary adjustments to accommodate them. It's a fantastic tool. I'm unsure how we managed without it :)

Pros

It's ease of use and powerful application.

Cons

It doesn't have a teacher app. I would also like to be able to enter value-free data that's only applicable to the teacher.

Response from Gradelink

It's rewarding to hear how well Gradelink is working for you, Stephen! By the way, we are planning an app for teachers, although we don't have a release date at this point.

Roxanne L.

Customer Service

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

Very positive. Anytime I've had a question or a problem, I would just call and they would take care of it while I'm on the phone.

Pros

Easy transition, user friendly for admins, teachers, and parents. Great customer service! Easy to post grades and report cards. Love enrollme!

Cons

They are on the west coast, I'm on the east coast and I have to wait until 11am to call customer service. I would like to be able to add "how many days" for Pre-K in the Enrollme module without a cost.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for sharing the things you enjoy about Gradelink, Roxanne!

Kathy B.

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

I use Gradelink daily. If I come across a question or a problem I simply call the 800 #. I am usually in touch with a rep in a matter of minutes. Even with working remotely reps call back in a timely manner. It's nice to know Gradelinks support staff is just a phone call away when I need help!!! Thank you

Pros

I appreciate the ease in which to utilize Gradelink. Very user friendly!

Cons

I keep track of all employee absences. The last system we used I was able to click on the employees name and ALL absences and tardies would be listed. This was a great feature. One click on a report like this would be very helpful.

Response from Gradelink

Happy to help, Kathy! There is a way for employees to clock in and out, so please talk with your support rep about how to do it.

Carolyn H.

Gradelink Review

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

My overall experience would be that the pros out weigh the cons. The best pro is Gradelink staff.

Pros

Customer satisfaction and availability whenever a question arises.

Cons

- Filtering reports requires a lot of manual work and manipulation to get the information I need on my end.
- Medical Information that is filled out in enrollme does not automatically fill in under the medical tab.
- It would be great if Gradelink would let me run reports on Staff like it does for the students. (i.e. birthday reports, medical information like shots, and staff rosters with mailing address.)

Response from Gradelink

We really appreciate your input, Carolyn! Feedback from our schools plays an important role in our product development.

Michele P.

Great functionality, Awesome customer service!

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Incredible program, overall. Wonderful support.

Pros

Customer service is AWESOME. Our rep is always happy to help us. This program has a plethora of functions, some I'm still learning! But what a great program with so, so many functions.

Cons

Some things are not quite as intuitive as I would like them to be. Occasionally I'm just frustrated and have to pick up the phone to call our rep. He's wonderfully helpful, but I do wish some things were a bit more intuitive.

Response from Gradelink

Taking care of our customers is a top priority, so it feels great to be appreciated, Michele! And we'll keep working on ways to make Gradelink even easier to use.

Brad H.

Support

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Pros

The video tutorials nearly always answer my questions, but when I could not figure out a student transcript problem, I contacted Gradelink Support and with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], had a complete understanding of what misstep I had taken within a couple hours of my inquiry. Super!!

Cons

What's not to like? I have used many various education support software systems during the course of my 49-year career, and none approach Gradelink for clarity and user friendliness.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Brad! We work hard to make life easier for educators so it's rewarding to hear you prefer Gradelink to all the other systems you've used.

Gloria R.

Jan 2021

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

My experiences have all been positive. whenever there is a problem, I am able to get help either through the website itself or call the CS desk.
I want to shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who has been my go-to guy this year he's solved all the issues I've had in one phone call. He's personable, knowledgeable, and easy to communicate with.

Also, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped a lot setting us up re-enrollment for 2021-2022

Pros

There are many tiers to Gradelink - student management, grading, transcripts

Cons

I really have no negative comments. I have found the system easy to use & fulfills our needs

Response from Gradelink

The support team strives to take good care of our schools so they truly appreciate your review, Gloria!

Mick P.

This is a great program if you don't need or want to pay for all the "bells & whistles"

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Pros

This is the first time our school as had a software program and this is the first time I had to implement and oversee a program and I found this one to be user friendly. I would recommend it for sure.

Cons

There are a few reports and areas that cant be separated such as past transcripts from current ones.

Response from Gradelink

We're pleased to see you're finding Gradelink to be an asset for Easterseals, Mick! Please contact your service representative and we'll see what we can do to help you with your transcripts. And for the record, if somebody's looking for bells and whistles, Gradelink Standard Service includes an extensive list of features at no additional cost. :)

Halima K.

Gradelink

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Our school has been using Gradelink for years now and I think that speaks for itself as we have stuck with this service.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. We often have new teaching staff and I don't have to explain much because the format speaks for itself. Also very easy for parents to access and use, the family log in is a great addition as we have many students with siblings.

Cons

At this time I don't have anything I dislike about the program.

Response from Gradelink

Making life easier for educators is the reason behind everything we do, Halima, so thank you for sharing how well Gradelink is working for your school community!