Smartsheet

4.5 (2,294)
An online work execution platform for any size organization.

(2,294)

Judy N.

" Remote Control Access Management System "

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Pros

Ease of deployment and usability.
Scheduling and Rescheduling of tasks capabilities.
Centralization of teams.
Maximum team productivity.
Instant online messaging and chatting.
Capabilities of projects budgeting and planning.
Simple setups and plugins.

Cons

My organisation and I have to complain since implementation.

Kartik G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Project/Program Management Game Changer !

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Its been a great experience working with smartsheets. Love the customizable functionality where one can add or remove functionalities as per the need. Easy to track progress and work on task simultaneously. Great for setting up automation tool and a secure software so you don't have to worry about cyber security anymore .

Pros

Smartsheet has been a game changer and has been successful in offsetting multiple software and tools all at once due to its versatility and easy of use as the perfect project management/program management tool. Its a great tool to have in your pocket if you are in project/program management. Collaboration cross-functionally is improved tremendously with smart sheets and its functions. The spreadsheet based system is easy to learn and adapt.

Cons

Would like to see more visual based project management tools like kanban, timeline views etc. Activity log could be improved.

Smartsheet, a project management tool!

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

Overall, Smartsheet was a good option while overall project tracking and management. It helps us to manage the budget and keep records of expenses. It also assisted in KPIs management for the teams.

Pros

It is easy to manage the timeline, milestone tracking, budget and expense tracking. When it comes to reporting, it is way more classy than any other tool in the market. We can select and show data from different sheets to represent. Smartsheet help different teams collaborate, manage, and report on the project(s) in real-time.

Cons

While creating tasks, it is not that interactive like other competitors in the market. Not that much friendly to manage and track tasks and bugs.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Because we needed something through which we can manage and track different aspects of our software project in one platform. As compared with Monday.com (back in 2016), we found smartsheet more suitable for our projects.
  • Industry: Banking

Flexible tool for many needs

Reviewed on 19/01/2022

We used smartsheet for two main purposes, one was creating and sharing project schedules and assigning task owners. The other was sharing out content for review and proofing. It is easy to store documents on a task and have comments back and forth.

Pros

Smartsheet is very flexible and can be used for a variety of needs. It is what it says - a spreadsheet on steroids with several additional capabilities you won't find in Excel or Google Sheets. The Gantt chart for scheduling is great for visualizing and sharing milestones with teams.

Cons

The adoption can be hard for new users. There are so many features that it can be overwhelming for the "casual" user.

Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The additional capabilities for attaching documents, tagging owners, and creating Gantt charts was a key differentiator.
Brandon B.

Smartsheet is an easy, cloud-based solution to managing your company

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

I was impressed with Smartsheet since the first time I was introduced. It made tracking progress very easy. Our team had no problem getting up to speed very quickly.

Pros

Since it is cloud-based, it's extremely easy to allow the team to see everything in real time. There are no excuses anymore for team members who say they don't know what is going on.

Cons

I know what the software is intended to do, so I can't say I like something least. Of course, there is a cost to it, but it's reasonable for what you get.

Lucidchart and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Smartsheet was designed to do what I want--project management. Other offerings are designed to do other things.
Kay F.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Easy to use, measurable productivity increase

Reviewed on 22/03/2022

Has been overall a big win for productivity on our team. It's not overly complicated software but makes multi-channel projects much easier to manage across departments.

Pros

Outside stakeholder sharing opportunities though invite views has made collaboration much, much easier with clients. The format works for non-technical staff, which is made onboarding less no so painful. The add-ons and functions look simple but are well thought out and make general workflow much easier then folder sharing + spread sheets.

Cons

Would like there to be tab option like inside a traditional excel document to better manage complex project pieces in one place as oppose to switching between files. There should also be an option to view share particular views and pull parent-child data from other sheets (a la Trackvia).

TrackVia

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Smartsheet was more economical.

Smartsheet simplifies list and data management

Reviewed on 21/04/2022

Over the course of three years, I used SmartSheet to manage a project team, including recording tasks. Pleased with the results, I successfully convinced the company's management to switch from their present system to this one. Definitely a useful tool.

Pros

Using this software has made it much easier to send out forms. It is extremely well integrated with Google Docs, which makes it possible to collect data in a time-saving manner. This program appeals to me mostly because of the wide range of options it provides. Because it's web-based and shareable, no additional software has to be downloaded or installed.

Cons

There isn't much negative to say about this situation. Excel-like capabilities that I'm accustomed to are lacking. Mostly auto-populate, with a few bars and formulae thrown in for fun. Rather than replacing spreadsheets, computations, and Pivot tables, this is more of an information-sharing and project management tool.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Highly effective in streamlining and managing tasks

Reviewed on 30/04/2022

Smartsheet are used to help with product launches. We use Smartsheet to keep track of the different teams engaged in the product launch process and the current status of each item. It helps us stay on track and keep our heads down.

Pros

In terms of communication, we've noticed a big improvement. Form and automated notification feature allowed us to cut down on the number of email exchanges required to begin a project as well as notify those involved at its conclusion.

Cons

Because of its Excel-like user interface, Smartsheet may not be as 'fluid' as other options such as Trello, Basecamp, or Asana. Perhaps I'm missing something because I'm not familiar with what Smartsheet has to offer. Overall, I have no complaints about Smartsheet because of the way my team and I are required to use it for our work.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Smartsheet Sm

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

I have been using this program for a long time and my most important point is to follow up my work, not to miss any detail, it was the application I preferred first when I took my notes on this subject.

Pros

This may be the application I use most about my real profession, it is really great in terms of project planning, tracking and monitoring the process.

Cons

I have not had any bad impressions about this program that I am most compatible with when using it in the business field.

Mathew L.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Workload of features all in the same place

Reviewed on 11/04/2022

Project tracking with tasks, gant, milestones and time tracking

Pros

Every time I discover a new thing that can be done on smarthsheet is like, what? you can also do this?. Yes you can, you can do almost everything you imagine related to a project

Cons

Having so many possible festures implies you need to be very tidy and keep everything organised

Jessica D.

It's simple to monitor progress and simultaneously work on a project

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

Implementation and usability simplicity. Tasks can be scheduled and rescheduled. Organization of teams at one place. Achieving the best possible results as a team. Instant messaging and online talking through the internet. Project budgeting and planning capabilities. Plugins and configurations are easy to use.

Pros

This app's ease of use and ability to manage projects and send updates are fantastic. Easily adjustable and a lifesaver when it comes to streamlining the way work gets done and keeping track of individual tasks. It is a more business-oriented variant of the other spreadsheet applications. Templates might also be useful.

Cons

My wish is that reminders and automatic emails based on task management/workflow would be sent. It has been a while since I used this, so things may have changed. This would be a significant advancement in the software's capabilities.

Nour A.

the most effective tool for coordinating team efforts and keeping track of projects

Reviewed on 02/03/2022

Smartsheet For anyone who wants to apply project management practically and scientifically he must invest in this application, as the formation of a work team that adopts the approach of cooperation and information sharing to achieve the goals will have a significant impact on the establishment of that organization and achieving impressive results.

Pros

Smartsheet is an application with innovative ideas and advanced project management methodologies. The program assists organizations in completing projects by keeping all members of the organization informed of project updates, allowing them to accomplish assignments and activities on time. And it's all done in a straightforward technique that everyone can use. After everyone completes the updates, project management, and stakeholders will be able to extract status reports and determine if the work is progressing ahead or behind schedule. Many hours were saved by eliminating meetings and interviews to learn something new or update the work schedule, where everyone may share presentations and live chat with all members. With Smartsheet, everyone knows their assignments, deadlines, and most importantly, the reality of the project work. Smartsheet addressed the requirement to locate an integrated project archive that comprised all phases and to which it was returned, especially if a claim or time extension request was required, saving a lot of time and work.

Cons

There is nothing impractical in the Smartsheet, it is easy to use, it has a great interface, all the commands are well-defined.

Whit B.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Good, if you have the resources to get started

Reviewed on 06/12/2021

We use Smartsheets as a way to connect our small team and manage projects while many of us are virtual. We loved the features so much that we continued to use the system well after we returned to the office. We create project tracking spreadsheets with milestones and deadlines where we can assign each other tasks. If any of us were trained in Project Management, we could probably get quite aa bit more about of the software but being a small team, we only have the capacity to scratch the surface.

Pros

Smartsheets is a really straightforward Project Management software that is easy to use and helpful in tracking projects and assigning tasks. The spreadsheet-based tracking works like excel with added views and features that allow you to manage projects across a team with ease. I love the calendar views and the ability to prioritize and set deadlines.

Cons

We are a small team without a dedicated project manager and had to set everything up ourselves. This was fine for very simple project tracking and the templates are helpful, but it got very complicated when trying to customize the templates.

Trello and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

We wanted something with more tracking and reporting features. Smartsheets was not the only option out there but it met our needs and our budget.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

For the simplicity of the UX. The spreadsheet-based project tracking was familiar and simple to implement. We loved the additional capabilities but may have overestimated our capacity to implement them.
Mohamed E.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The best workflow Automated tool

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

Overall experience with smartsheet is amazing it saves alot of time for me and my team as now there are specific users responsible for submitting sales tickets for new vendors and once they make it an automated mail send to the reviewers for reviewing and once they finish it another automated mail send to the Manager for approval and after final approval there's mail sent to all partners in the ticket having the approval of this request or rejection and reason of approval or rejection, all of this is done automatically with recorded workflow which is amazing tool

Pros

The amazing features in smart sheet are many but we can say that automated mails for specific un completed tasks and the workflow for creating automatic mails send to specific users that tasks had assigned to them automatically is fantastic, as no need to see the new tasks and assign it manually, once the ticket created it will be assigned by default according to the workflow ro the specified mentioned users

Cons

I consider Smart sheet one of the best tools in last 2 years which related to ticketing and analytical purposes however if the data in the sheet increased this may lead to hanging and taking too much time in reloading however it needs high internet connection speed for stability and good performance

Google Analytics 360

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Smartsheet having good cost and can be integrated to company software beside the customer support of smartsheet if there's any sudden issue and finally smartsheet having some features like work flow and automation process which showed easily in the interface and not complicated so any of the team can start doing his own workflow process
Omar O.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Smartsheets for everyday management

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

To me, the best combination of the ease of use and familiarity of a spreadsheet with the complexity of a project management tool. Very satisfied

Pros

The tool is more than a project management tool. I use it to manage my department's budget, collaborate with internal and external team members. I like that I can access it from anywhere I am

Cons

Could use some of the more advanced functionality like automatically keeping track of KPIs such as Earned Value, schedule variance, etc. I would like it if I could "play" with effort vs duration without affecting the main baseline until I am ready and obviously, I would like to keep history of baseline changes

Clarity Software, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Looking for something affordable, cloud-based that would allow us to collaborate and manage projects in one single repository

Microsoft Project and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The right balance of cost, ease of use, and functionality
Paul W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Take the Giant Step Up from Excel!

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

It significantly improved and increased our efficiency and effectiveness in order and project management. This is our second year of our subscripition and we don't see any reason to change to anything else for what we have to do.

Pros

Many are using MS Excel to track projects and orders... If this is your world, then you have to try out Smartsheet! Excel like User Interface that does a whole lot more. Schedule reminders, automate tasks, work flow, and the list goes on... and yet, the with the straightforward simplicity of a familiar EXCEL like environment. Other Project Management tools are great, but for those of us that like the EXCEL look and feel, you will find Smartsheet super easy to adopt and you will love the awesome features it provides. Smartsheet also regularly sends out tips on how to improve your processes and ideas on how to use it in many other ways.

Cons

When compared to some of the other solutions like Trello, BaseCamp or Asana, Smartsheet may not be as 'flexible' since it adheres to an Excel like user interface. Maybe this is because of my lack of knowledge in all aspects of Smartsheet's features? Overall, there's not much I don't like about Smartsheet for the way me and my team has to use it.

Trello, Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Most of our team members were using Excel and the familar user interface ensured a high adoption rate versus the other PM tools.

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

We love the user interface that is similar to Excel and knew more of our team members would embrace Smartsheet because of this.
Michael B.

SmartSheet is a robust cloud-based project management system

Reviewed on 29/09/2021

We have been able to bring huge teams together with so much more ease by using SmartSheet. People of all skill sets can leverage the tracking tools available, making it easy for any PM to track their project(s).

Pros

Easy to integrate, just log in and go. It's so easy that anyone can use the system - not much training is required. SmartSheet's online community of job aids, training items, etc. is fantastic and robust - and gets you through every issue from small to advanced, if needed - and if not, you can reach out to a wonderful support team. This product brings together all your team members, especially in this remote Covid-19 world. You'll love using SmartSheet - it's SO much better than desktop-based PM solutions.

Cons

There is a learning curve due to the fact there are slight differences in using SmartSheet vs. what you might be used to already. But, that's really it - there are some things it just can't do - and other things that require a lot of setup and tweaking - but they're worth it - if you have the right project for it!

Kevin w N.

Smartsheet Viepoint from Power Excel User

Reviewed on 29/09/2021

Overall experience has been terrific for project management and collaboration.

Pros

Love workflow capabilities, automations, ability to designate column types, column types that allow multiple selections (not available in Excel data validation), collaboration, ability to immediately see cell changes, ability to track cell changes via cell history.

Cons

Lack of worksheet tabbing often means sheets have way too many columns than I prefer (makes navigation unwieldy). I use the product a lot to track descriptive/narrative changes to cells; while it's easy to see a cell that has been changed based on an update request, and the history of the before and after, it would be very beneficial to be able to see the changes in change-tracking mode like Word such that edits are more readily visible. While I like the ability to designate columns by type, for example a checkbox column, there are times when I'd like to be able to designate only a range of cells in a column as a certain type, then be able to use a different type in the rest of the column.

Shannon Y.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Smartsheet is like Excel & PowerPoint had a child

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Pros

Smartsheet is a great option for middle of the road users that don't need the powerhouse complexity of excel, but need more standardization and features to organize tasks than simple task management like Trello. Its user friendly and has the capability to move data from one team to another through automations, reports, messaging, and data display. The more users, the data, or the moving parts the more difficult Smartsheet is to use, but in my experience most people don't run into those complexities.

Cons

Smartsheet is new compared to a lot of other project management software and they're developing new features all the time. In some ways this is wonderful because they take customer feedback seriously and implement changes relatively quickly. However, I feel that it doesn't quite know what its going to be yet and there are limitations around data display that require time consuming work arounds or out of the box thinking. For example. I can aggregate data into a report but I can't display portions of a report on a dashboard in a chart. There are pivot table add ons that are not as simple as say an excel pivot so I essentially have to make my own pivot using formulas to chart data. It works, but its round-about and features that might improve this process are extra.

Erika M.

I chose this and love it

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Pros

The ability to share sheets and collaborate is absolutely essential between myself and my teams. I like that all of the Smartsheets that I have access to can be organized into folders for easy retrieval and love the ability to pin sheets or go to the most recently accessed to be able to easily find the one I'm looking for. They also often introduce new features, which is great. Also, the automation tools, like the ability to notify someone when a row or field changes, is absolutely key with the way we do business to ensure that everyone is always on the same page.

Cons

This is nit-picky, but I do not like setting up rules for a sheet, and then the email that is sent to people looks like it is sent from "me." I would rather have the email come from Smartsheet instead my email address because in many cases I set up the rules for others and it appears that I am emailing them about it but that is not the case.

Derek W.

Smartsheet: The only reason I have time for vacation

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

We have solved a plethora of project schedule tracking needs, paired with a system to house our files and notes with a meaningful and useful structure. I use Smartsheet for a 1000 different reasons, and hope that new tools and features keep getting added to my toolbox.

Pros

My favorite tool in Smartsheet would have to be a combination use of automated reminders, overdue milestone reports, assigning staff to tasks, and running detailed reports to check on my team's current progress. Paired with cross sheet cell linking, index/match where needed, and Datamesh when running large scale reporting when conditional formatting may be needed is a bundle of brilliance. Simply a great batch of tools for the job.

Cons

No file renaming option. Limited sheet summary report functionality. Limited batch update tools to revise and align current project sheets. Lack of permission settings without additional purchased feature packages.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

After reviewing the functionality of Smartsheet and the tools it had to offer, we quickly realized that we were missing out on this toolset and Smartsheet could automate the repetitive tasks that our humans were completing. Now we have freed up the extra time needed to allow our current staff to problem solve, rather than spending the day stuck in repetitional tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

MS Project simply does not have all of the tools needed for success. Smartsheet captures all of the vital points that MSP has to offer and pairs it with real time linking and much more.
Jonathan B.

Smartsheet for Homebuilding company

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

Customer service is really amazing.

Pros

I love the ability to create tasks and basically create as many filters as I want/need. The new dashboard feature is really nice.

I use it for our design requests, precon schedule and we are currently working on using it in our construction schedule. Some slight bugs and limitations but overall working well.

Cons

The calendar apps is just awful. Don't recommend using it. Very limited ability.

I wish they would just make tweak the calendar view slightly. Need the ability to show multi columns on calendar date. Also would be nice to display calendar view on a dashboard without publishing it. That on works horribly on the mobile version. We have a lot of field guys and the mobile version is not the best for viewing stuff.

Nick A.
  • Industry: Furniture

A flexible tool only limited by your imagination and ability with formulae

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

Smartsheet has been transformational for our business. As a small bespoke kitchen manufacturer (21 staff) we have some industry specific software for design and quoting, but most out of the box ERP software doesn't fit. We don't have an IT department so anything we use needs to be robust, and my background in programming has enabled us to implement some nifty systems using Smartsheet, but without the hassle of actually writing and then maintaining our own programs. Excel just doesn't compare, and is not cloud native so just doesn't work so well even in Office 365. We genuinely cannot live without it.

Pros

Cloud based - available everywhere to everyone
Flexibility - it's not only a project management tool, it can do most things that Excel can do, but often better. Specifically column formulae are a fantastic recent addition that enables sheets to become almost unbreakable

Cons

Nothing major. There are some minor gripes:
- Slack integration doesn't allow tagging of individuals, and cannot allow a variable to determine which channel to send the message to
- Cannot yet control heirarchy with formulae, I hope this function will come eventually

Megan C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Critical in daily management

Reviewed on 09/07/2021

I absolutely love the software and the company. The system meets our needs and is flexible when we need to make adjustments. While the cost is fairly high to start up, annually it is worth the cost, as it streamlines our processes and allows us to be more efficient.

Pros

This is the tool we use every day, every hour, to track all of our enrollments and clients. Our team monitors enrollments and other CRM tools don't give us the flexibility to track multiple events and data points. It's Excel but on steroids with multiple functions and features. We're using it more and more every day for reporting up to our management team on progress for our client events.

Cons

I'm not so good at the formulaic side of things and making sheets talk to each other, or building a dashboard, is not an intuitive process. There are not step by step instructions or visuals which is something I need personally. It's a lot of trial and error in getting things set up. When I first started, it was very expensive to work with someone who helped build the infrastructure base and looking back there are many things I'd have done differently if I'd understood it a little better. A lot of the consultation time was wasted in trying to get the person to understand what we were trying to achieve.

Michaela F.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

The Software That Helps Me Create

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

Pros

I use Smartsheet for a wide variety of projects that are so different in nature it's stunning it can all be done on one platform. I have one sheet for a list of plants I want to buy for my garden, complete with growing conditions and pictures. It does miracles as I stand in a gardening store wondering about the right varieties. I have another for managing my freelance work, budgets, timelines, tasks. Another sheet is a massive collection of ideas for my video channel and blog posts. Then there is the sheet with information about art prints and products I sell - sizes, prices, thumnails. I also organized my husband's secret Birthday party using a contact-based Smartsheet shared with accomplices. We went to our favorite town for "a trip" just to keep meeting over twenty friends from 4 countries who secretly arrived as well. Oh, and did I say that I'm writing a book using a Smartsheet? An unlikely use, given that it's not a text editor, but my chapter segments are short and the key is in organizing them into the right sequence, so, they ended up as cells in a spreadsheet too. The way Smartsheet allows me to attach files, images, notes and comments but still keep it all on the same line is fantastic. It helps me think. The was a mind map opens our brain to possibilities and ideas, Smartsheet nails them down. I use it every time I need to get a sense of structure and organization. It's become my go-to tool for making stuff happen.

Cons

I don't like the fact that I can't easily copy and paste cells from Excel. I don't like to import entire files. Sometimes I just need a section of a sheet to be added. Even if the paste wouldn't be perfect, it should be possible to paste from an Excel sheet or a simple text document where each line would appear in the next row.