Showing 311 reviews of 297

Showing 311 reviews of 297
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Accounting System, but with some limitations

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

We are definitely saving time with Intacct. It is so much smoother and quicker to use. The internet based software is so easy to use compared to a program.

Pros

I like how users cannot force things to work like in QuickBooks. If the rec doesn't balance, they have to figure it out. Also, there's more reporting dimensions and a rigid chart of accounts so the users cannot create their own accounts.

Cons

The reporting needs a lot of work. There are so many dimensions that exist in this software that you cannot run a report on. There also seems to be a fair amount of glitches and errors.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello! Thank you for taking timeout to write your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and welcome your insights. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to talk about your experience and areas for improvement in the product.
Regards,
[email protected]

Joseph C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great and attentive customer service. Very accommodating with our customization and concerns.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pros

I like the flexibility and ease of the software. It is overall simple to correct errors. I enjoy the import features for invoices and journal entries. Saves a lot of time and is user friendly, even for less experiences computer users.

Cons

The restrictions of some features and functions. I feel like the functionality is more designed by computer programmers than by actual day to day users. For example, if you are trying to create a custom report, vendor ID is stored one way when entering invoices, and another way when entering journal entries. Customer service suggested to me that I enter the vendor ID in 2 different fields (I believe Vendor_ID and APBillItem_VendorID) for all invoice imports so that I can use 1 f. This is redundant and frustrating. Also for example, you can set invoices to "warn" you if duplicate invoice numbers when manually entering, but if you are using the import feature, it will just crash. You have to de-select the "warn" option, upload the file, and then turn the "warn" function back on. This is not practical. There should be some type of override function for intentional duplicate invoice #s.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Joseph,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and flexible. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Louis M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

My organization has been using since October 2016 for AP, AR, Purchasing, and fund management.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

By being able to automate our financial activity we have increased the amount of information available to key decision makers for more informed decisions. The amount of time it takes for us to process purchasing transactions has decreased by a dramatic amount of time .

Pros

We transitioned from a manual recordkeeping system to this electronic accounting system. This means all of our transactions are available to be reviewed at any time from anywhere. Reports are available instantaneously reflecting the latest transactions. Transactional history to review activity from creation to being posted to the GL is tremendous and helpful. The software offers many more versions of reports than was available with our prior legacy system.

Cons

One of the most difficult items with this system is that user restrictions prevent Custom Reports from being accessible to 75% of our users. The report writing tools would benefit from an overhaul to allow merging of multiple data tables and more customization of the report appearance. Also there are so many aspects affected by creating a GL Account that there is a steep learning curve in understanding where to efficiently generate new records.

Amanda G.
  • Industry: Accounting

Intacct is very user friendly and you can use it in creative ways

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

Monthly close process is completed faster with intacct. It allows us to process and approve AP seamlessly, saving us time and money by outsourcing it to Intacct. Can use the software in creative ways, not just as bookkeeping.

Pros

Intacct makes my job so much easier. It is easy to use and is very intuitive. The software can be used in creative ways and not just as standard bookkeeping software. It integrates easily with other softwares so you can link everything together. Overall it saves us time and money.

Cons

There are very few issues with the software. I have noticed that when I'm have an issue with the software it can take a little bit longer then I would expect for the problem to be resolved. We are busy people and need our programs to be running properly to get our jobs done.

David W.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Intacct has revolutionized our accounting processes and is a giving us a gold mine of...

See my review.

Pros

Ease of use. Intuitive interface. Integration with multiple Intacct Marketplace Partners. Consolidation functionality (check the box and hit consolidate and it produces reliable consistent results. Scorecards and dashboards provide a wealth of current information on the health of our business in as real time a setting as we can make it. Future roll outs promise integrated AI functionality that will be a game changer. Scalability that meets the needs of our rapidly changing business is great.

Cons

As you can tell, I am a fan of Intacct and don't have too many suggestions for improvement. It makes our life easier, more efficient and productive, and gives us the information we need.

Love Sage Intacct

Reviewed on 06/09/2018

Pros

Gosh what do we not love! It does everything, the reports are so customizable, and everyone who works there is awesome!

Cons

What I personally do not like about Intacct is there is no way to see imports that are being uploaded in the queue. Sometimes I upload the same file twice and Intacct doesn't recognize it and I have duplicate files.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience customizing reports within Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Joseph L.

2 Plus Years Use of Intacct

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

At first I was not the happiest but the more I use it I have not wanted to change.
I like the improvements they continue to make.
I am glad I chose this software.

Pros

I love the ability to attach documents to each transaction.
I like the ability to customize the software.
They are upgrading their report writer. I have not used it yet but it is supposed to be very easy to use.

Cons

I have not spent a lot of time with the reports.
Creating custom reports is a process.
On some screens I wish it showed totals at the bottom but I have to export and then total up the amount. That is from a certain view. If I created a report it would have the totals.

The Intacct team is 100% customer success focused

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Pros

The open platform allows us to choose best in breed solutions across the company and then integrate it all together to reflect financials and reporting.

Cons

If you don't know what you're doing or have a good trainer, it may take a little while to get familiar with the navigation.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find it easy to integrate solutions across the company to reflect financials within Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Melissa L.

Intacct has met all our needs and allowed us to reduce the time needed to close our books each...

Reviewed on 05/05/2018

Pros

The user friendliness makes it easy to train staff, the import feature saves us time when entering data and the ability to budget and expense to different dimensions.

Cons

I wish the reporting was a little more flexible and I am patiently waiting for the new reporting to be released.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Melissa,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and that you're saving time during month end close. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Vonn W.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great, efficient accounting software

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Easy to use software and production of monthly financial statements.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to modify and look up JEs as needed.

Cons

It's great, I can't think of any negatives.

Brian D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Intacct is the leading accounting software for business!

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Pros

We switched from Quickbooks and this software just blew it away. Intacct is cloud based and is much more efficient and effective for business use and produces good reports and integrations to 3rd party software.

Cons

There are odd restrictions with the software. It won't let you use bank accounts as GL accounts which may be for a good reason but works in our business.

Salma K.

Intacct has fundamentally changed the way we handle the financial operations of our company.

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

Transparency (audit trail), speed of bringing new acquisitions on to our system of record, and custom reporting.

Pros

It is flexible. Custom fields and reports allow us to parse out the data we need to drive decision making.

Cons

The credit card module and multi-currency functionality. There are some limitations with respect billing back charges on the credit card and depositing funds to a foreign bank account.

Gay lynn M.

Customer service is some of the best in the industry. They are always ready and able to help.

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

great reporting - accuracy - aicpa recommended

Pros

The ability to produce about every type of report you need. We use many reports. Intacct is innovative and always improving the product.

Cons

Ironically, the reporting is very complex and difficult to manage in the initial stages. Once you have a longer term understanding it is very manageable.

• Industry: Accounting

Cool data organization and collection tool

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Pros

There are many positive for Sage Intacct such as the ease to log in and the ease to navigate through the software. Other positives about Sage Intacct are the speed of the software making it efficient. As well as how structured the software Sage Intacct is.

Cons

How the software handles its company charge card and paying off card charges seem unnecessarily complicated. The modules which were added on are not the best and the fact that Sage Intacct added it on as it is easy to find out it that the modules weren’t there originally. Finally customization is quite difficult.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are able to easily log in and navigate Sage Intacct, Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Kara G.

Complex & In depth accounting

Reviewed on 13/05/2017

Pros

Intacct does what Quickbooks and NetSuite cannot, it gives you reports out of the box without need for extreme customization. And matches up with expectations for commercial and enterprise businesses whereas competitors match up best with SMB's.

Cons

Intacct does require you to think about the structure of your data, whether you're new to your business or been running it for a while. The system expects you to operate within their rails and that can be a learning curve for some.

Kelly M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Effective software

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

Easy to keep track of inventory.
Tracking all movements of stock
Can manage multiple locations/ bins.

Cons

Ease of use would be helpful with more flagging when data is not entered in fields.
More help menu to troubleshoot.

Owd

Our company has been using Intacct since 2004 and we are glad we have

Reviewed on 18/12/2013

Our company has been using Intacct since 2004 and we are glad we have. We are a 20 million dollar company and with its constant updates it keeps us going. Very content with how easy to use this software is for client invoicing, accounts payable and receivables and cash flow. As far as cons Im must stay vendor history. You have to play around with it too much to eventually get what you need. If I want to view a vendor history I would like to view it all. Don't really care for last quarter or previous month or anything like that.
-One World Direct

J catania

One stop shop

Reviewed on 12/12/2013

My company switched from Quickbooks to Intacct in March 2013. Intacct has greatly improved our efficiency and accuracy. We did quite a bit of customization to make it work the way we wanted, but now have the ability to view customer orders in detail, learn which lines have been ordered, received, invoiced as well as lines that are waiting to ship and invoice. On the purchasing side we can view the PO's for these orders and follow up accordingly if items are backordered. We also have a third-party expense reporting system and can upload approved expense reports into Intacct for payment. Intacct is linked to Salesforce and feeds customer transactions back to Salesforce so our A/E's have visibility as to where customer orders stand and can see customer's order histories.

Pros

Great reporting, many customizable fields, customized fields can be pulled into reports.

Cons

Total amount of customer order and total PO amount doesn't show on respective list view screens - must drill into transaction to get that info.

Joseph L.

Intacct Accounting Software

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

We started using Intacct on 07-01-16 and have now used it for 4 months.

Pros

Intacct is very customizable.
Intacct allows you to attach documents (pdf, excel, word, etc) to each transaction.
Intacct can have many dimensions which gives it a lot of functionality.
Intacct allows you to schedule automatic emailed reports.

Cons

The cost to implement is more that other software's like QuickBooks or Cougar Mountain. The cost to implement is almost equivalent to one year's subscription.
The report writing is not very easy and takes time to learn.
They start charging you during the set-up and implementation instead of on the go live date. My feelings are they do this so it is hard to switch softwares because you either have to pay for an extra year (if you are going to switch software) or you have to pay for another software early because of the untimely annual software renewal date.
The budgeting aspect for original and multiple amended budgets is not the easiest to use. We are still working out the functionality of it. Not one of its strong points.

Melissa V.

While I believe Intacct has potential it is currently lacking in ease of use.

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Pros

I appreciate how I can easily manage all of my bank reconciliation and general ledger needs on one website. It incorporates many of the features I need and allows me to input manual payments easily. My favorite feature is how it remembers my transactions so if I have a frequent vendor I can duplicate payments and edit as needed.

Cons

I find the software difficult to use. It seems like there are lots of unnecessary steps to accomplish what I need within the software. I am not a fan of how I have to void transactions completely if I make a mistake instead of editing it.

Anne C.

Sage Intacct review

Reviewed on 21/06/2018

Pros

As expected, this software is easy to use and looks cool for the reporting view. I keep my inventories well.

Cons

As on now, none. But maybe additional visual process on customer supporting services and ore knowledgeable.

• Used Other for Free Trial

In-Depth and Intense Accounting Software

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

We did a free trial and decided not to purchase it because it wasn't really what we needed.

Pros

It is really robust and if you take the time to figure it out, can do everything you need.

Cons

It took a while to figure out some basic features, and our implementation rep wasn't great.

Sheetal B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Quite useful to have the rev rec templates in place

Reviewed on 15/12/2014

The system itself is not that hard to figure out, but going back and tracing entries you've made is not so easy. Correcting errors is next to impossible, resulting in a number of journal entries that would otherwise be unnecessary.
As a software development firm, it is quite useful to have the Rev Rec templates in place.

Again, correcting errors is a hassle. I also am less than enamored with their reports. For instance, it would be lovely if reports like A/R Aging had drill-down capabilities. And I have not found the Dashboards very useful; again, there are no drill-down capabilities.

I have been working on the preview activity, have had issues getting on (mainly user-error)., and have always received a gracious and prompt response from their support people.

It makes Rev Rec easy with the templates in place when the invoices are generated. The support people have always been very responsive to any inquiries I have sent them.

Pros

It is a fairly easy program to figure out if you have any kind of experience with programs such as QuickBooks, and there are added features that QB doesn't have, but it is much less forgiving with any clerical errors you may make.

Cons

It is difficult to go back and make changes to entries that have been made, especially after payment has been received on an invoice, for instance. I would like to be able to go back and make corrections to clerical errors that have been made, with

Keith Y.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Intacct review

Reviewed on 13/04/2016

Pros

Ease of use. able to create our original financial statements. flexibility in creating new statements.

Cons

support has not been helpful in resolving issues. your outside consultants feel the same way.

Callie B.

Sage Intacct is an accounting software that I primarily use for work.

Reviewed on 11/03/2018

Pros

Sage Intacct is visually appealing and has an open API structure making it easy to communicate with other systems such as payroll.

Cons

The user interface is fine, but I personally think the software tends to run slow and I would prefer it to be more interactive. The customer service is even less impressive.