Best-in-class Cloud ERP for Finance

4.1/5
4.1/5
4.0/5

John

Decent ERP software for medium, medium-large companies

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Hard to get used to in the beginning (I transitioned from QuickBooks), but as you get more and more used Intacct can be very resourceful and more powerful than other, more conventional ERP systems.

Pros

All the features, and integration capacity with other software.

Cons

Can be clunky and not user-friendly in not a seasoned user. Some add-on features (like FA modules) have a lot to desire in order to be useful.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello John,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Accounting System, but with some limitations

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

We are definitely saving time with Intacct. It is so much smoother and quicker to use. The internet based software is so easy to use compared to a program.

Pros

I like how users cannot force things to work like in QuickBooks. If the rec doesn't balance, they have to figure it out. Also, there's more reporting dimensions and a rigid chart of accounts so the users cannot create their own accounts.

Cons

The reporting needs a lot of work. There are so many dimensions that exist in this software that you cannot run a report on. There also seems to be a fair amount of glitches and errors.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello! Thank you for taking timeout to write your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and welcome your insights. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to talk about your experience and areas for improvement in the product.
Regards,
[email protected]

Ivy
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A powerful,outstanding and popular cloud accounting and financial management tool.

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

It's a reliable tool that automates order management.
It's reliable tool for inventory management.
Sage Intacct enhance ease of financial planning,budgeting and forecasting.

Pros

I like how Sage Intacct automates billing and invoicing process.It's a reliable tool for generating employees payrolls quickly.It's simple to track and manage expenditure with this tool.It's a reliable tool for creating custom financial reports and dashboards.

Cons

Sage Intacct lacks mobility support as there is no mobile application to use.

Ra

Over Promise Under Deliver

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

Terrible from start to finish - we are better off using the old software we were wanting to transition from.

Pros

Yet to find that out. They promised a lot of features and were to customize them and turns out they cannot do any of that.

Cons

not at all user-friendly. The ONLY features that work are the basic accounting which even free-to-use software does.

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

we thought we wanted a sophisticated advanced ERP and what we got was a dated and manual software

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

promises made
Krishna
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The easiest accounting program I've ever used

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

With Sage Intacct's user-friendly interface, you won't have any trouble using it and getting the job done. For my accounting needs, I generally utilize Sage Intacct's reporting tools. These tools provide me a wide range of options for reporting and analysis, and the software's user-friendly design makes it easy for anybody to use.

Pros

I like how well-organized the financial records are, as well as the automated payment schedules and reminders he sends to remind me of upcoming due dates. It features a better user interface than some of its rivals. Adoption was pushed by one of our staff members, and the system's users said they liked it.

Cons

Sage Intacct is a great system in general, and I have no complaints. My time would be better spent if there were shortcuts. People who aren't familiar with accounting systems may have a hard time with the interface.

Helen

Sage Intacct REview

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Pros

I loved Intacct (period)! Very easy to use, reports are well outlined, and appreciate the ease of integration and migration with different software. Our company moved to a different accounting software and we always quote #mi$$Intacct.

Cons

I've used numerous accounting software and Intacct stands the most. So, I cannot really say anything unpleasant about it.

Rachel

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

I use Sage everyday for billing, credit and collections, AR reconciliations. There are pros and cons, however overall, I enjoy using the software.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. Easy to run reports and generate invoices for customer

Cons

Not able to get end users on statements.

DeAnna
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Sage Intacct - User

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

My overall experience with Sage Intacct software to this point is great. I use the software on a weekly basis. User friendly. Great start off software for a small company that is focusing on becoming a corporate entity.

Pros

Product easy to use such as travel and expense, entering invoices and running monthly reports for management approvals.

Cons

There are no least features I have about this software at this time.

Victoria

Efficient

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Pros

For smaller companies such as ours, Sage Intacct does most of the accounting functions. Some features we use include inventory management, cost accounting, reporting, time tracking, accounts payable, accounts receivable, vendor management, payroll, and budgeting. We use it to track our prepaid amortization & fixed asset depreciation, and it also allows us to manage our invoices.

Cons

Integration is a bit difficult since sometimes you can't share data.

Fatima
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Sage intacct automates the complete array of accounting process.

Reviewed on 17/07/2022

I have done the inventory, invoices work with this and close the time as much as 79%faster than the other one. Its generated from ERP system. So you can increase business visibility and drive growth.

Pros

Ease of use, That's Scalability and reduced IT cost. Less manual labor.

Cons

Sage intacct is an excellent resource for the most important part of the business and your company data which is leading provider of best in class cloud computing.

Kat

Overall great software for accounting professionals

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

One major problem with some accounting softwares is that the reports needed to perform analysis, checks, etc. are unavailable. Intacct's wide report customization is a great solution to this that has resulted in an overall positive experience with the software.

Pros

For those businesses and organizations looking to step up their accounting software from Quickbooks (or something similar), Sage Intacct is a great solution.

While not as intuitive and user friendly as the systems designed for non-accounting professionals, Sage Intacct offers a myriad of features and functionality that is an accounting professional’s dream.
One of the best features of Intacct is its reporting system. Users can run any report they could ever dream of that includes GL, AP, AR, Time & Expenses, Order Entry, Purchasing, etc. Reports are not only customizable, but savable too.

Another great feature of Intacct is that the company is constantly releasing updates, which means the system is always evolving and getting better.

Overall, Sage Inacct offers massive capability and is great for organizations who have outgrown smaller systems or who need greater customization.

Cons

For those accustomed to the hand holding of a software like Quickbooks, Sage Intacct can make you feel a bit alone in the woods. It, for the most part, assumes that whoever is using it is an accounting professional, capable of understanding the inner workings of AP, AR, etc. For this reason, I would not recommend the system to those who are unfamiliar with accounting procedures and systems.

Response from Sage Intacct

Thank you for your review, Kat! I'm glad to hear that you're benefiting from the robust reporting within Sage Intacct. If you have any questions or if we can help with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at [email protected]

Nour

Accurately compiling financial data and keeping tabs on expenditures

Reviewed on 02/03/2022

Sage Intacct helps us streamline financial reporting and accurately track spending. Sage Intacct's great level of transparency has saved us money.

Pros

Sage Intacct is great for both simple and complex accounting jobs. Accounts receivable, payment, inventory, and payroll management. I like how they are evolving and trying to make things easier for their users. Invoice automation and vendor payments thrill me. The tabs are clean and allow you to run various reports. I enjoy the data exporting options. Payments can be made directly from Sage Intacct using a variety of payment gateways. It automates my workflow by scheduling payments based on priorities and automatically computing sales taxes when tax is applied to my invoices. The best feature of this application is that it is cloud-based and used as software as a service. This tool may conduct reports between receivables and payables. It also has a cloud connection, which saves us from printing and saving unnecessary data.

Cons

Sage Intacct may not operate automatically to pay dues that you have planned at a given date, requiring you to re-work in traditional ways, which I find difficult at times. The numerous regions of payment summaries can be confusing, especially when you have to add extra deposit information afterward.

Angel

The finest online account manager saves time and protects financial data.

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

Sage Intacct helps us manage client accounts efficiently. It also streamlined the financial reporting process and allowed us to retain our records and transactions securely in the cloud, which saved time and enhanced our productivity because we no longer need to email financial information and invoices to multiple departments for approval.

Pros

Sage Intacct uses the cloud to maintain all your bank accounts on one screen, allowing you to conveniently plan and schedule payments and make settlements. Sage Intacct's user interface is easy to navigate, and with all the options in one place, it's easy to see what's available and get things done quickly. I like that it automatically downloads, scans, and enters invoice data, avoiding human data entry errors. Sage Intacct's logs are accurate and comprehensive of all account events within the chosen time period. I enjoy how he keeps track of costs and prepares accounting and tax reports. I enjoy how many people may be in the system and how updates are recorded promptly, which makes it easier to handle various customers and suppliers, settle their payments, and keep data nice and organized.

Cons

It doesn't effect service quality. Sage Intacct is secure and easy to use, however it requires greater automation to eliminate manual entries.

Joseph
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great and attentive customer service. Very accommodating with our customization and concerns.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pros

I like the flexibility and ease of the software. It is overall simple to correct errors. I enjoy the import features for invoices and journal entries. Saves a lot of time and is user friendly, even for less experiences computer users.

Cons

The restrictions of some features and functions. I feel like the functionality is more designed by computer programmers than by actual day to day users. For example, if you are trying to create a custom report, vendor ID is stored one way when entering invoices, and another way when entering journal entries. Customer service suggested to me that I enter the vendor ID in 2 different fields (I believe Vendor_ID and APBillItem_VendorID) for all invoice imports so that I can use 1 f. This is redundant and frustrating. Also for example, you can set invoices to "warn" you if duplicate invoice numbers when manually entering, but if you are using the import feature, it will just crash. You have to de-select the "warn" option, upload the file, and then turn the "warn" function back on. This is not practical. There should be some type of override function for intentional duplicate invoice #s.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Joseph,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and flexible. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Amanda

Best Saas Accounting solution

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Sage Intacct is a great company to work with. Their software solution is great and easy to use. If your looking to change from an outdated solution, this should make the transition easier.

Pros

The software is great. It is super easy to use and almost impossible to break. It can be used for more than your monthly accounting. We use it to track our valuation process. It is easy to track everything in the software and perform your monthly accounting tasks. You can track t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and do your cash management in this solution. There are many other features that make it a best in class solution

Cons

The software itself is great. There are certain things we would like to be able to track in the software, like irr, but we also don't expect one software to do anything. There may sometimes be a lag in support getting back to you when you have issues, but nothing that is too extreme

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use when you are tracking t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and cash management. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

hedaia

For organizations and projects, this is a great way to keep track of multiple budgets and...

Reviewed on 13/02/2022

It has now become very easy to keep track of all the transactions and financial data of the company and its affiliated projects, as we were able to pay and receive invoices and record them in the records in a simple and secure manner.

Pros

Budgeting and financial reporting are two of the best features of Sage Intacct. With this technology, the organization will be able to use it to the fullest degree in managing its financial concerns. In addition to the numerous internal controls, the platform's connection to the cloud makes it a strong database that organizes all financial and accounting records and reports, giving auditors confidence in the reports we publish. Sage Intacct's analytics, which provide account status and comparison reports between accounts receivable and payable, are also something I appreciate. It's also convenient because it's integrated with so many other programs, making it simple to import and export data.

Cons

I find it somewhat slow, especially when dealing with a large number of invoices, and the search identifiers must be updated so that the searches are simpler than they are now and give the required results.

Toni

Customer support was great from the start and the program is flexible in regards to creating...

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

The software allowed ability to perform accounts payable to issue cheques and to produce financial statements quickly. The 12 month report is very useful to pick up changes to values in account. The budgeting aspect is also useful for variance analysis.

Pros

I like the ability to create the financial reports and also the Dashboard reports. The payables area is easy to perform functions and the year-end close is very simple.

Cons

This program is mainly written for the US market and is not able to create an EFT file (Canadian) that can be uploaded to the bank and create journal entries simultaneously. That would benefit us to make payments that are not by cheque. The "cash" payment types are good because an e-mail can be sent: however still requires for us to do a separate EFT payment on the bank.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Toni,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that have had a good experience with customer support and have been able to take advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Caren

It is a unique tool for expressing the institution's financial position.

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

we were able to obtain an incredible organization of information and accounting records, as well as a true representation of the financial position of our institution, which enabled us to improve the quality of financial operations and bring the views closer together in order to make appropriate decisions.

Pros

Sage Intacct is easy to handle and performs the functions you need thanks to its easy-to-use design. I mostly use the reporting features of Sage Intacct, which offers a wide range of options for reporting and analysis, and the user-friendly interface greatly simplifies the accounting processes even for beginners. Sage Intacct can be customized to fit the nature of the financial transactions you require, which makes switching between screens very flexible. I like how the accounting records are organized, as well as scheduling payments automatically, as well as the notifications that he sends reminding the dues that have been scheduled.

Cons

In general, I have no issues about the Sage Intacct system. I wish there were shortcuts or quick links available.

Sage Intacct product review

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Overall the system is easy to use and they are constantly making improvements. They are also taking user feedback into consideration and implementing it into new updates every quarter.

Pros

I really like the automatic billing capability, I can now send my invoices in 2 hours instead of 2 days. The level of details in the financial reports is exactly what our company was looking for when we switched to Intacct. The ease of having our expense reporting system and Intacct communicate is super helpful, means less manual work.

Cons

I would like to have more features when I record payments and I can't edit certain transactions. I like to drill down on come of the reports and you can't do that so finding out where that information came from is sometimes a challenge.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and that you're saving time on invoicing. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

David

Flexible, capable, constantly upgrading software.

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Pros

Intacct allows for the creation and utilization of any fields desired for your business eliminating the need for the multitude of work-arounds necessary to create detailed reports in other accounting systems. Intacct also has the most capable custom reporting interface I have utilized to date, saving hours of time formerly spent on the extraction, transformation, and production of standard company reports. Other benefits include, ability to import any type of transaction, ability to bulk export all GL transaction data (a personal favorite), a robust API allowing for integration with internal databases, payroll software, etc.

Cons

Initial setup was led by a less experienced implementation specialist which led to difficulties as we began to review and create custom reports accurately. After speaking with a consultant, we determined the issues, corrected them, and have produced real time advanced reports which have provided a level of insight which was unachievable within other accounting software.

• Industry: Investment Management

I am a true fan of Intacct and love how much customization it allows.

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

We have been able to set up recurring transaction to automate similar monthly/quarterly transactions, allowing us to fully operate with less human capital, and less human errors. We've been able to increase our reporting internally with many many many custom reports to suite the needs of various stakeholders. We can see investor summaries across the entire enterprise with the multi-entity structure. We utilize upload templates often to allow us ease of entry - for example, we do monthly uploads of income allocations across every entity in one root level entry done by exporting a custom report, using excel to seamlessly do an index match and hlookup to complete the upload template, then upload! It's simple, fast, and accurate.

Pros

I love the Custom Reporting capabilities through dimension use... looking at the GL as a database structure makes the software very versatile and easy to use. The output potential is outstanding!

Cons

Cost. It's a great product, but I really wish there was a light version for our company, and for other smaller companies starting up. There is a strong market for a light version. That way the company could grow into the full version.

Mohammed

The best cloud accounting partner to manage the financials of the organization

Reviewed on 03/02/2022

Sage Intacct helped us organize everything related to our financial transactions from invoices and other documents, and helped us schedule payments on the payment system, and we benefited a lot from the accounting and tax reports that we were able to prepare through it.

Pros

It is possible for a user to connect to all of his bank accounts, both to make payments and to transfer money, and to follow up on the transactions precisely and professionally because of the Internet. Freelancers and large organizations alike can benefit from it. A financial database that makes it simple to scan receipts and invoices and enter the data into the system, all while allowing you to readily download the information. Due to the inclusion of all financial transactions that occurred during the reporting period, Sage Intacct's reports are some of my favorite to work from.

Cons

If the merchant deals in multiple currencies, Sage Intacct does its job well, but you will need to create many pages .

Louis
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

My organization has been using since October 2016 for AP, AR, Purchasing, and fund management.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

By being able to automate our financial activity we have increased the amount of information available to key decision makers for more informed decisions. The amount of time it takes for us to process purchasing transactions has decreased by a dramatic amount of time .

Pros

We transitioned from a manual recordkeeping system to this electronic accounting system. This means all of our transactions are available to be reviewed at any time from anywhere. Reports are available instantaneously reflecting the latest transactions. Transactional history to review activity from creation to being posted to the GL is tremendous and helpful. The software offers many more versions of reports than was available with our prior legacy system.

Cons

One of the most difficult items with this system is that user restrictions prevent Custom Reports from being accessible to 75% of our users. The report writing tools would benefit from an overhaul to allow merging of multiple data tables and more customization of the report appearance. Also there are so many aspects affected by creating a GL Account that there is a steep learning curve in understanding where to efficiently generate new records.

Jodie

The experience has been great. Very flexible and customizable software.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

The flexibility of the software has to be its greatest strength. Reports, workflows, field names, etc are just a few of the customizable items in Intacct. But Platform Services allows for the development of entire applications within Intacct to support your business processes down to the most granular detail.

Cons

The reporting, platform services, and general ledger modules (the modules that our company use the most) don't seem to get very much attention in the past few years in terms of further development in the quarterly update to the software. They are very useful as they currently exist but have some long-standing limitations that don't seem to be on anyone's radar.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Jodie,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that are taking Advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Eric
  • Industry: Insurance

Sage Intacct Personal obervation

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

On our case, we focus on developing core business side then integrate with Intacct via web-service, and this have been successfully, because all side of reporting, financials, UPR, etc, is managed by Sage Intacct.

Pros

1. Sage Intacct allows access anytime and anywhere (home, office, coffee shop)
2. Sage Intacct has login are very secured with different levels.
3. Sage Intacct provide financial information on detailed level by using dimensions which allows decision makers to relay on realistic information.
4. Sage Intacct is easy to use, it doesn't requires advances financial training.

Cons

1. Extracting volume data in most of time is an issue, especially Journals.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Eric,