Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Joshua
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Excellent Design Software

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

My overall experience is awesome, because I wil stil use it other than other creative programs. It has a great edge over others because you can create any type of art right from scratch.

Pros

I like teh fact that as a designer, i can create a multitude of art work with Adobe illustrator, ranging from video games, brand logos and promotional materials.
I like it because i can also use it for designs & topography such as business cards, clothing, billboards, artistic & stylistic illustrations.
It is integrated with Adobe creative cloud which makes it easier for sharing my art projects and creative assets.
I love its capability to create pixel-perfect designs, clear lines are automatically aligned to the grid.
I get access to over 90 million graphics, images and templates through Adobe Stock.
It makes me and other designers i know to start our artwork from fresh, clean pages and also easy to edit ready made artworks or templates.
Also like the option where i can convert my designs to PDF files and other types of image files, which i find very comfortable to work with any type of format my clients request for.
It offers great compatibility with othe Adobe programs like the Adobe Photoshop and Premiere.
No bounds to the creativity i can imagine to make as long as you know how to make use of the tools.

Cons

It takes a while to load each time I try to open up the application.
It also slows down other programs on my computer becuase its a massive program, especially when I have both Illustrator & Photoshop running at the time.
Sometimes the main colour paletes won't show in the upper taskbar which can be a pain when you have to figure out how to get it, especially for newbies.
The hotkeys are weird compared to other programs like photoshop, especially when you are trying to use hotkey to export.
Not really suitable for beginners, requires training to know how to use. Sometimes I had to use google to figure out where some certain tools are when I just started using the program.
Adobe lacks a full mobile verwsion of Illustrator, which would be very helpful & handy when working on mobile or on an ipad.
The most recent version interface is very annoying as I can't find tools where i expect to find them, including critical tools.

Kamal
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Every designer should use illustrator

Reviewed on 17/02/2024

All and all, Illustrator from Adobe is a must have if you wish to make graphic design. Other softwares exist but i really beleive illustrator is the only one needed

Pros

Illustrator is a powerful adobe software. The possibilities of what can be done are almost endless. Personnally i really enjoyed creatind vectors illustration and logos with illustrator. Its really helpful once you get the hang of it.

Cons

Illustator is very powerful but also complex at the same time. There are a ton of features available and you can get lost pretty easily. I wish they made a the interface mor intuitive to find all features.

Kenyon
Kenyon
  • Industry: Photography

The Core of the apple

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

Building logos for myself and customers, Creating various types of art.

Building logos for myself and customers, Creating various types of art.

Pros

This is a beautifully put together piece of software with various features and applications. If you are a designer animator or even just a hobbyist. You can make anything graphic wise and paint as realistically a real brush!! Ai is a must-have for any serious designer

Cons

It can be a little hard to master although learning it is fun and rewarding in many ways. There are bugs and certain system errors but over its great

Photobucket

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

The functions were alot better.

Clip Studio Paint

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Its very professional and well put together.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Good feature for image editing

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

It's an incredible software to work with and I will recommend it for other users.

Pros

The software has a very good template and features.

Cons

I like when I use Adobe Illustrator for graphics design

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Because is user friendly and easy to work with.
amanda
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great for great clean art!

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

Pros

Very versatile. It has a lot of options.

Cons

Some functions can be a bit tricky of you dont know how to use them professionally. But there are a lot of videos to help!

Tayeb

Great Vector Editor

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

I have been using Illustrator for years, it is packed with many design features and capabilities you will not find elsewhere and it allows you to export your work to integrate with certain workflows. I use it to turn flat logos to 3D via 3D softwares and it gives you a lot of controls to unleash your creativity.

Pros

- Stunning Vector graphics
- Integration with many design software (After Effect, Cinema 4D)
- The new subscription based model made access to Illustrator more affordable

Cons

- Not easy to use for beginners who do not know the tools but adobe Creative Suite offers a lot of learning videos
- Some new tools must be added, wish there was some 3D mapping of images creating a mesh rather than doing it manually.

Ofentse
Ofentse
  • Industry: Capital Markets
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 24/04/2024

Adobe Illustrator just made up with second Party and Third Party Integrations policy terms

Pros

I have liked Design Management and
Preview Functionality

Cons

I have liked Publishing Options and content management

Adobe Workfront and Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

I choose to write about Adobe Illustrator to make it easier for the client who ever wants to buy it
Sam

Adobe contracts are annoying, but the product is industry leading

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

Pros

Every tool you could possibly need for graphic design built in

Cons

You will likely be signed up for a minimum 12 month contract term, with an early termination fee if you leave earlier

Stéphanie

Illustrator review

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Pros

The precision, quality and multiplicity of the software tools.

Cons

Not easy to learn when you start to use it.

Prince
Prince

Adobe Illustrator: Empowering art with authenticity and versatility

Reviewed on 21/04/2024

Pros

I praise it for its powerful features, precision editing capabilities, and versatility, making it a go-to tool for creating high-quality vector-based designs.

Cons

While Adobe Illustrator is a powerful and versatile tool, it may not be suitable for every user or every design task, and its complexity and subscription model are factors to consider when choosing a design software.

Govinda
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Review for Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 13/01/2020

Overall, I think it is a software that offers a lot of functions and provides value for money. It helps me with my learning curve and can visually represent almost anything you want.

Pros

Adobe illustrator is completely scalable and works well with designing logos and cartoons which is what I basically do. You also have in-panel editing which makes it better. It is user-friendly too.

Cons

The fact that it offers limited support for raster graphics and that it requires a lot of patience. The loading time is also very high, comparatively.

Inkscape and GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Because adobe illustrator had much more options that Inkscape. Ofcourse the amount I paid justifies what I get but still it provides more value than any other software.

Inkscape

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Primarily because it is the easiest way to generate and produce graphics. Also, whatever we make on this software is easily scalable and adjustable across any media platform one can name.
Lauren
Lauren
  • Industry: Entertainment

Illustrating Beyond Boundaries

Reviewed on 06/04/2020

I have faith in Illustrator and learned how it behaves. I know it will continue to update, as other Adobe applications do. Best to keep that belief in it and push on with resilience.

Pros

As a professional artist and business creative, Adobe Illustrator has been an application well used in my toolbelt of visual software. From vector creations to typographic layouts, Illustrator never ceases to amaze me in terms of innovation. The thing I like most about it is the guidance it provides for artists and designers really shines through. Specifically, Illustrator analyzes and

Cons

I've learned that each software has a strength of its own. And it's best to understand how it works so you can maneuver through it without a lot of issues. That's why Illustrator really works for me. The only setback would be the brush types. I do wish the variance in stroke would expand more in terms of the lines it creates. I've noticed that the strokes would have lines within them, but would just be copied versions. However, I believe this is a minor issue and not much to dwell on!

Sketch and GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Aside from its popularity, I grew up with Illustrator and found great comfort in its works. I'm open to new software and have tried the alternatives. But none the less, Illustrator hasn't failed me.
Ricardo
Ricardo
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Intuitive, precise and customizable tools, reliable color

Reviewed on 08/10/2022

I have been using Illustrator over 25 years. Honestly I always use perhaps 10% of its power. I find it to be a reliable design powerhouse.

Pros

Standards! Adobe Illustrator has been around for decades, and this shows in the level of refinement of its tools. Another advantage of this ubiquity is that most professional design studios "speak" Adobe allowing for easy collaboration and reliability of outcomes.
Each tools can be tweaked to each specific need or taste and the workspace can be also tailored to specific design scenarios.
Typography is something very important to me. The granular control Adobe Illustrator provides to type functions has no competition.
Color is accurate, and on this front, Adobe benefits not only from decades of experience and partnerships, but also from the tight integration between Illustrator and other Creative Cloud products, that also happen to be ubiquitous in the design industry.

Cons

Only con... the subscription pricing model... but I guess this is where the whole industry is heading to.

Adam

Go to software for illustration, icon design, and vector graphics

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

Pros

From my experience Illustrators path workflow and functionality is superior to other vector software out there. If I was going to stray from Illustrator as my go to vector software the competition would need to beat Illustrator in that feature space. Illustrator allows you to have advance control and accuracy with paths, grids, guides, snap to guide, etc. Also, exporting quality SVGs is very important and the competition doesn't measure up in that space from what I have seen.

Cons

Some updates on how Illustrator handles smart guides and snap-to-pixel has some flaws. It seamed like I had better accuracy in previous versions of Illustrator. No one likes to have their paths splitting pixels or to have to fix that on a regular basis. Some times I don't have an issues while other times new path shapes start on 0.5 pixels when creating them.

Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

I chose Adobe Illustrator over Affinity Designer due to Illustrator being the standard software that agencies and companies use. Affinity Designer look amazing and I still want to try it. Illustrator is still a must have though.
Pamela
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

One of the best vector graphic design software available. Useful and highly versatile!

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

I like all its features. I cannot work without Illustrator anymore. All my graphic design projects, once sketched, take their shape in Illustrator.

Through its vector tools, you might be able to create almost every design you need. Texts, geometrical shapes or custom ones, Béziers curves and many other tools could be employed to create logos, flyers, posters, web designs, brochures and many more.

Illustrator is also easy to learn, even if you will always find new features while working with it. If you have any doubt, you can just contact the support or browse on the internet to find millions of tips, tutorials, how to, and so on.

Its scaleable results are perfect both for web and printing. No pixelation anymore! A very professional software for professional works.

Pros

Easy-to-use and easy-to-learn. Its menus and toolbar are intuitive and offer a wide range of action or tools to create your artwork. Starting from simple shapes till really complex projects.

You may contact the Adobe support at any time if needed. There are also a lot of helpful resources online, so you only have to ask to figure out any issue.

It allows creating vector projects that are completely scalable and so perfect for any use.

It works on almost any OS. It is the most complete vector graphic design software at the moment, even if Affinity Designer is becoming very competitive and is turning out to be a good alternative to Illustrator.

Cons

You might encounter some bug while working on Illustrator. It may happen that the software will crash while using it so pay attention to activate the recovery option and to compulsively save your work to avoid the loss of the work done.

It's a little bit expensive, considering that Affinity Designer is increasing its features at an unbeatable price.

David

Long-time Adobe User

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

My overall experience with Adobe Illustrator, and other Adobe products, has generally been good. However, since they moved to a subscription model, I have run into several glitches that required re-authorizing the software on my computer, and in at least once instance I was unable to connect to Adobe's server, couldn't authorize my software, and lost a day of work time when I was on a deadline.

Pros

Having worked in graphic design for 25 years, I have used many iterations of Adobe Illustrator, and currently use Illustrator CC on a daily basis. I also used to teach an Illustrator course at a local community college. What I like most is that the core functions have remained largely the same over time, and the software is mature and stable. It's actually the only program I've ever used for creating vector graphics, so I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I find Illustrator to be intuitive, and the learning curve for competence is average for a design program. I typically use Illustrator for logos and infographics, and it is ideally suited to those tasks.

Cons

My main complaint with Adobe Illustrator is that certain tools which share similar functions across programs in the Adobe line-up - most notably, Photoshop and InDesign - don't operate consistently. For instance, the resize tool in Illustrator works differently than it does in Photoshop, and it works differently in Indesign, compared to the other two. My other main complaint is that Adobe has changed the icons for several of the tools in the tool bar, and changed the arrangement of tools, for no apparent reason. This creates a lot of unnecessary confusion, particularly for long-time users who have grown accustomed to the old tool bar that remained relatively unchanged for many years. The new icons are no more intuitive than the old ones, and in some cases they are less. Now that Adobe has gone to a subscription model, and doesn't need feature updates to drive software sales, most professional Illustrator users (and Adobe Creative Cloud users) would prefer the company focus on security updates and stop fixing things that aren't broken.

Burhan
Burhan
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best Industry Standard Vector Designing Software, Period

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

I've been using Adobe Illustrator since I stepped into the software industry—almost 4 years now. The tool has no comparison to other tools currently available in the market. I mostly use Illustrator for designing illustrations, icons for mobile and websites, wireframes for mobiles, and print documents like brochures, business cards, etc. I now use Sketch for designing UI, but it's really hard to design icons there. So I design icons in Illustrator and copy those icons to sketch. This is the best tool and it's an industry standard.

Pros

Work on Windows, Mac, iPad, and even on iPhone with limited features.
You can have multiple artboards when designing in Illustrator.
A lot of tools to make your workflow easier. For building shapes, it has tools like pen tool, Pathfinder and shape builder.
It has a dynamic gradient feature, which means your gradient is not limited to a linear or radial gradient. You can create a gradient with as many colors and as many points as you like and you can change the position of those color points too. Now our gradient colors can go into multiple directions. So no need to create multiple gradient layers and blend those.
Advanced features to round the corners of sharp corners. You can make rounded corner by putting value as well as you can drag a small icon near points with mouse.
One of the reason to use Adobe Creative Cloud softwares is their Echo System. You can use your work designed in Illustrator and directly Import in After Effects.
You can also copy elements from Illustrator (Ctrl+C) and directly paste it in Photoshop (Ctrl+V). And this also works in Sketch for Mac.
There are a lot of features like perspective tool, If you wanna create an illustration in a single or multiple point perspective. Blend tool, Mesh tool, 3d Effects and many more.
You can also create symbols and changing in one place will change it everywhere.
Exporting Assets are just one click away.
Tons of shortcuts to speed up your workflow.

Cons

The long learning curve, especially when you have no previous design background. So expect to invest at least 6-12 months to fully master it.

You have to fully grasp the core concepts of it when playing with paths and shapes. Joining paths perfectly using the grid may take time If you have not much experience with it.

Suzanne
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Industry Standard For Good Reason

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

I consider Illustrator to be an essential program for anyone who works in vector graphics.

Pros

Overall, this is a wonderful program that has well earned its reputation as industry standard. When working with a lot of precise calculations, perspectives, exact distances, and/or alignments, Illustrator does most of the heavy lifting so I can focus on just creating great art. Working with vectors is a great way to create very polished and clean designs that are infinity scalable.

Small file sizes are also especially handy because it makes it easy to make backup-copies of your layers at different stages in case you ever need access to an earlier version. Even if I've worked with huge dimensions or had hundreds of objects in a single file, I've generally only experienced serious lag if I incorporate non-vector elements to my file, such as placed photographs or special effects like drop shadows.

Illustrator is extremely handy to use in conjunction with other Adobe products. I've especially frequently created a vector in Illustrator then copied it over to Photoshop or InDesign. When pasting things into Photoshop, I can create a Smart Object so that I can still edit it in Illustrator and it will then automatically update in Photoshop.

Cons

Some of the keyboard shortcuts, such as select/deselect all, are different between different Adobe products like Illustrator and Photoshop. While this can be customized by users, that isn't always possible in situations like one of my old jobs where I shared a computer with another designer and we constantly went back and forth between Illustrator and Photoshop. Improving consistency between Adobe products would allow for smoother workflow.

The perspective tools can also be rather clunky to use sometimes. One of the most frustrating aspects has been if I need to use any shape-building tools on an object already in perspective - after I've used the shape building tools, I can no longer use the perspective move tool because Illustrator tries to reapply the perspective onto an object already in perspective. Another example is that the 3D tools don't automatically have options in the drop-down menu to work with the perspective grid in place. If you, for instance, want to extrude an object and place it into alignment with your perspective grid, you have to either do the math yourself to create a custom extrude, or you have to manually rotate and extrude the object without the use of the 3D tool.

On occasion, I have also had issues with art dimension size limitations and had to copy to Photoshop to enlarge to the size I needed to print.

I also dislike that this program is currently only available through subscription.

SK
SK
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Considered an industry standard but with cons

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

I have solved a number of business problems with Adobe Illustrator and I am grateful to have it. In particular the tracing feature has helped me many times by translating a jpg to a vector-based image that is then perfect for design work, fully scalable and easy to send to print. Adobe Illustrator involves some deep investment and the problematic subscription system is causing it to lose customers but to its credit it is continually supplying users with new features and top tools.

Pros

If your thing is graphic design in a vector format, it has a collection of powerful tools that allow for endless versatility and beautiful final products and with each release this brilliant program just gets better. Yes, there is a learning curve but there is also a myriad of resources to teach a new user how to find their way around this program, which unfolds and becomes fascinating in its depth of capability. I studied Adobe Illustrator in design school and it is a pleasure to use. Work flow can be customized for an individual user. Endless features with powerful abilities. I personally value assets such as batch change and movable panes, as well as Adobe Illustrator's great brush library, endless fonts and a feeling of unlimited functionality for those committed to developing high quality vector-based design.

Cons

There is an online subscription fee with a high cancellation charge and people trying to unsubscribe meet with extremely frustrating customer support. Through its problematic subscription arrangement Adobe is creating a large number of bitter customers. In terms of the program itself, it does have occasional bugs that surface and more seriously, actual crashing issues, although generally Illustrator is great at saving work before crashing. It can run slowly on computers without high amounts (16 gigs) of RAM, and large files can take up a lot of space on your computer. These problems make Adobe Illustrator, which is considered a required program for all new graphic designers, also represent a sort of elitism that I dislike. Customer service failings and the feeling of being trapped in an expensive monthly subscription, along with the near-necessity of sinking at least $1000 into buying a high RAM computer, are not artist-friendly. Adobe didn't used to be like this. It's as if they know their suite of creative tools are industry standard and they are holding designers somewhat at ransom to their reputation, not a marriage everyone wants. However, while there ARE open source and alternative vector design programs for fledgling designers, including ones that are open source and not elitist in the way Adobe currently seems to be, these will also come with their own problems, in particular they will not have Adobe Illustrator's perfect colour-matching and ease of interface.

Charlotte
  • Industry: Automotive

Great for making LOGOs, VECTORs and more!

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

Adobe Illustrator has overall been an amazing product to use for my field. I am constantly creating graphics, images, posters or social media posts and will find myself opening Illustrator almost every day.
Illustrator is also a very beneficial program to have as lgoos, vectors or images downloaded online will often come in an EPS (smaller vector file) or AI (Adobe Illustrator) file. Having Illustrator makes designing easy when you need to be very percise.

Pros

Wow, what an amazing software. Adobe Illustrator, although may look very intimidating when you first open it (believe me, I know), is such an easy-to-use software once you get the hang of it. But you really want to get the hang of it first.
I have found so many online tutorials (video and articles) that demonstrate how to create vector images, how to use specific tools in Illustrator, and also how to learn the basics around the program. These are beneficial to someone like me, who has received some in-school training on these design programs but had to really learn on my own once I started working. The BEST thing about this software is the large number of online resources available (for FREE) for creating, learning and utilizing Illustrator in the best possible way.

Cons

Although this product is much easier to use the more you use it or the more you have classes/training, it can be very intimidating for those who aren't in a Graphic Design role. Myself, I am not a graphic designer, so sometimes this program really confuses me. Especially when I use other programs like Photoshop and InDesign.
So, the biggest con I would say is the confusion it can cause. If you aren't a tech-savvy person, who will go on Youtube to watch tutorials on how to work on a program, then this app may be too confusing for you. The design programs require a lot of learning and patience to understand how they work. Especially a lot of on-your-own learning as Illustrator is one of those programs you learn as you go.

Beris
  • Industry: Graphic Design

The best vector based program that I used

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

I use Adobe Illustrator presently to make and plan out online media content, print media, and web architecture. I am the main client, yet I am the one that the organization goes to with questions, demands, and so forth for ensuring that our substance is new, current, and present day looking.

Pros

As a designer you have loads of alternatives to Illustrator for creating 2D designs. But I can say for sure, that Illustrator is the easiest and best tool to use, it is very easy to get started and learn.

Dealing with .pdf records and different sorts of picture documents is really great. I see this accommodating when I'm chipping away at various distinctive document types, so similarity isn't typically an issue for me with Illustrator.

Illustrator offers very great similarity among itself and other Adobe programs, so I've discovered that to be an extraordinary thing when working inside the Adobe Suite.

Cons

It feels like Adobe items are made totally separately. Despite the fact that there are incredible preferences to utilizing these applications couple. They don't share console alternate ways, and there are different things that work one route in one program, yet work diversely in Illustrator.

Illustrator is mind boggling and has a staggeringly steep expectation to absorb information. I've been utilizing it throughout the previous 8 years or thereabouts, and I feel I've just started to expose what's underneath. Adobe does an OK occupation of giving instructional exercises, yet you need to search for them on the web, and still, at the end of the day, you may discover better instructional exercises on YouTube.

Cleo

From Logos to House Plans

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

I was working at Adobe at the time Illustrator was being created and have used it continuously over the years. I use it to create overlays on maps for zoning projects, I have done detailed plans for a house that I built, I always use it for logos, posters, most projects where I want a lot of flexibility with laying things out.

Pros

The ability to create and control outline shapes. The fact that it has been in existence since the 80s and probably isn't going anywhere makes it worth learning. The things that do change or get added are mostly beneficial and logical additions. Tools like Pathfinder really work well. Masking works well once you get the gist of it. The pen tool is especially great if you know how bezier curves behave. I think they have added a lot of functionality over the years that I'm not even aware of since I never need it to do more.

Cons

There are a few nits and lice that have always bothered me but I honestly can't say that they don't have workarounds that I just haven't learned about. I wish there were a fast way to create an often used color palette. I end up making little squares on the page with the colors I want and using the dropper to grab them. The artboard is a little cumbersome until you get the hang of it. I often need to fit artwork to bounds (good for creating svg files that don't have weird empty origins). When you look for the Preset page size the dropdown starts with the setting you currently are on - it's not obvious that Fit To Artwork Bounds is above the dropdown list and you have to scroll up! Finding a tool palette can also be hard when you have a lot of them open. You can see that they are open in the windows list but if you select the item it will turn off the item. What would be nice is to somehow flash or bring to front an item so you can locate it. These are minor things but I have noticed them over the years.

Sundiep

A reliable programme for vector and graphics work

Reviewed on 02/02/2023

My creativity may now be developed and expressed thanks to Adobe Illustrator. I've created incredible logos and businesses that have become brands, presentations, and vector icons. It is the industry's top vector design. I continue to get greater outcomes every day. When it comes to web design or even branding for t-shirts or print on other products, Ai delivers the greatest tools to produce vectors and illustration designs that give wings to the imagination and fashion come alive. Ai is quite competent. Just wanted to thank the devs. I've only ever encountered the greatest design and editing firm in Adobe.

Pros

The amount of sophistication of Adobe Illustrator's capabilities reflects its long history and longevity. Because Adobe is so widely used, cooperation is simple and results are reliable. Each tool may be modified to suit a particular requirement or preference, and the workspace may also be customized to fit particular design scenarios. I put a lot of importance on typography. There is nothing that can compare to the fine-grained control that Adobe Illustrator offers for typing operations. On this front, Adobe benefits from decades of experience, collaborations, and the close integration between Illustrator and other Creative Cloud products, which also happen to be widely used in the design business.

Cons

The drawback that I can see is that it might be a bit challenging to explore all the wonderful functions that the program offers if I don't have the professional skills to operate it. Therefore, if I don't know how to accomplish that outcome, the work starts to look a bit unprofessional. I also detest it when it crashes when I'm working, which is another problem. A circumstance when I was planning a presentation happened to me. The file won't open after I correctly saved it and tried to access it later. It indicated that my file was corrupt in some way.

Muhammad

Review for Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 05/04/2023

Adobe Illustrator is a powerful design tool that can help businesses of all sizes create high-quality graphics, illustrations, and designs that help them stand out from the competition and communicate their brand message effectively.

Pros

One of the most impactful features of Adobe Illustrator is its vector-based design tools, which allow you to create precise and scalable designs that can be easily edited and adjusted as needed. This is particularly useful for creating logos, illustrations, and other graphics that need to be reproduced in various sizes and formats.Another impactful feature of Illustrator is its ability to create and work with multiple artboards, which allows you to work on multiple designs within the same document. This can be particularly helpful when creating designs for print or web, as you can easily create different versions or variations of your design.Illustrator also offers a wide range of design tools and features, including the pen tool, shape tools, and text tools, that allow you to create detailed and complex designs with ease. The program also offers a variety of design templates and the ability to create and save your own custom templates, making it easier to get started on a new design project.In terms of ease of use, Illustrator can be a complex program to learn, particularly for beginners. However, the program offers a range of tutorials, online resources, and a user-friendly interface that can help users get started and improve their skills over time.

Cons

Some users have also reported issues with the program's stability and performance, particularly when working with large and complex designs. This can result in crashes, slow processing times, and other technical issues that can be frustrating for users.Regarding integration with existing business processes, some users may find it difficult to integrate Illustrator with other software or systems, particularly if they are not part of the Adobe Creative Cloud ecosystem.In terms of missing or desired features, some users have requested better integration with data visualization tools, improved text layout options, and more advanced drawing tools. However, Adobe regularly releases updates and new features for Illustrator, so it's possible that some of these issues may be addressed in future updates

Badshah

The perfect tool for vector illustration and professional designing

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

A must-have tool for designing department in any organization. The software is not resolution dependent which gives guaranteed best print output every time. Affinity Designer is a close call but our team will go with Adobe Illustrator any day.

Pros

We have been using the original licensed version of the software in our organization for a pretty long time. The creative dept. uses the software for designing icons for web and app, logos, print materials and business cards. Can be virtually used for almost any type of designing. Expertise in Photoshop and InDesign will be very much helpful in using this software. A wide set of tools, filters and effects are available which makes sketches, designing and illustration an easy task. The paid version has a bundle of stock arts, high-quality vector artwork and fonts that can be used extensively. It also supports files from other external software such as PSD files from Adobe Photoshop, PDF, vector formats such as EPS, and CDR files from Corel Draw. Adobe cloud is an added advantage that makes sharing of creative data easy with others users.

Cons

1. Even though tutorials are useful, only a professionally trained designer can take full advantage of the software. The learning curve is steep. 1-2 year is required for attaining proficiency.
2. Quite expensive. This may be due to the monopoly Adobe has over this space.
3. Updates are very rare. For fixing minor to major bugs and errors, we have to wait a long time.
4. For editing objects with multiple nodes and for complex designing, the system resources are consumed very quickly and cause the system to hang or crash at many times.