Showing 82 reviews of 70

Unanet A/E

Project-based ERP for mid-to-large size AE firms

4.4 /5 (70 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 82 reviews of 70

Good for our industry

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Huge time savings getting through invoicing. All information input into one system. Ability to have projects and invoicing tied together.

Pros

I like that we can build estimates and track a project from beginning to end. All costs go in and are automatically available for invoicing at markup rates. Flexible and able to have multiple price sheets. Integrated with project scheduled, resource planning, time sheet and expenses.

Cons

Interface is a little outdated. Some standard reports you get in products like Quickbooks are not present. Mobile timesheet is a little outdated but works.

Teresa K.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great software for small to medium size firms

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Timesheets are in on time due to the capability to use app on cell phones. Can close the books in a day versus 3-5 days as in the past. Invoices are sent faster than before.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive, software is always available and have never had any issues with connectivity

Cons

Would love more canned reports to choose from

Chuck A.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

InFocus A Great System

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

With hundreds of projects and five offices our managers need to stay current on the status of their work and have the tools to develop new proposals. InFocus is indispensable for personnel management and project performance. Plus it provides financial statement and accounting data that is crucial for senior management and independent accountants. The data available and the variety of the reports are limitless. Also, our clients want their invoices and reports in a wide variety of styles. The open structure and adaptability of the InFocus system is a constant marvel at design and intuition.

Pros

Its flexibility, power and data retrieval ability. We have forty-five people in our company, with five office locations and six profit centers (disciplines). Of these forty-five people, more than two thirds are field personnel that are often asked to work in various disciplines or support the work in our other offices. At any one time we have a couple hundred projects open for scores of clients. Keeping track of this is incredibly difficult. We worked with Clearview for a couple of months in order to transfer our existing clients, projects, time records and accounting records to our new system. With over 16,000 historical projects and a current work in process in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, we matched to the penny. Working with them is a pleasure.

Not only is the InFocus package all that it claims to be, the folks at Clearview are great to work with. Sure there is a bit of a learning curve, but the answers are so intuitive you can’t believe you did not think of it yourself. Their support literature, training videos, white papers and support site are extremely helpful.

There may be comparable products out there, but I seriously doubt there is anything better. If there was a better product or solution, these folks would match or exceed it. We all have competition; we need competition to push us to do a better job.

Cons

Getting others in our organization to appreciate and better use this management too.

Gregg F.

Great SAAS accounting solution for an ACEC firm

Reviewed on 26/02/2018

All accounting software and data is offsite, no servers or data to worry about locally! :)

Pros

* No need to keep software on servers on site. Everything is in the cloud.
* Local client install.
* Easy to use trouble ticket system when there is an issue.
* Since it is cloud based, it is always up to date.

Cons

* Occasional data slow downs which we have no control over because the software is running on Clearview's servers.
* The Microsoft ClickOnce technology used for the local client requires web browser ClickOnce integration which is built into Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers, but doesn't always work well with edge. You can get a ClickOnce plugin for Google Chrome, but it's not a transparent "click the icon on the desktop" scenario there either.
* No hosted SMTP server. If you want to send email, you'll have to utilize your own SMTP server, at an additional cost and there is also a charge if you want Clearview to help you set it up. This is my only real "gripe" about the service. It should come with it's own email capability for the cost and to truly be a service.
* I think it is a great Software As A Service overall, but you should know about the weaknesses going in.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Clearview InFocus gets the job done.

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the fact that it is very versatile and can be customized to suit your company's needs.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that when the product needs an update the users who are in the field and do not have access to good internet are left unable to do their time sheets because they cannot get into the screens without the update being done.

Barbara P.

Top Notch Product

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

We are a small architectural firm and opted to change to Clearview InFocus when the program we were using was getting too complicated and too expensive. InFocus met our needs in all our required billing, project tracking, etc., but for a smaller investment.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants a workhorse software. I can't say enough about it.

Pros

I like the ease of transition from one software to another. It is a very easy software to learn and use. I have been using since 2010, and it has progressively gotten better and better. New features are always coming on board. Trust met...you will like it!

Cons

Reports are good but I required a great deal of customization to get the results needed. The one downside is that it does not have a payroll application. If you do in-house payroll, you will need a separate software to run along side InFocus.

Tracy M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Clearview Infocus Review

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Pros

This product has many bells and whistles. The integration between the opportunity (marketing) through proposal to accounting is pretty good.

Cons

This product is on the complicated side & not exactly user friendly. You also have to pay for training with them. There are some unique features to this program that if you don't know them, you can get lost or frustrated. There is not a good user's manual but there are some tutorials for various modules that are pretty good and customer service does get back to you in a timely manner for questions.

John P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Clearview

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Great product! Allows you to focus on operations as opposed to being a slave to the product

Pros

Flexibility
Scalability
Allows you to focus on operations as opposed to being a slave to the product.
Pricing was exceptional compared to the competitors

Cons

Tedious to setup multi-company - have to understand the relationships (i.e. Parent - Child - Sister) before you begin to setup.

Tonya B.

Great Software. We don't use all of the functions, but the ones that we do use are great.

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

Pros

I loved that we were able to transfer roughly 18 years of data over to this software. That was one of the main reasons we switched to this software.

Cons

There are a lot of functions that we do not use in the software, but I understand how important they would be for larger firms. It would be nice to have a scaled down version of this software for smaller firms.

Don M.

Very Easy to use compared to other time sheet systems.

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Pros

The ability to document as much as possible...adding documents..no character limit for comments. also the ability to copy and paste existing information

Cons

Sometimes information is lost if more than one person accesses the time sheet. Also the ability to have more than one time sheet open at the same time and different information showing up on each.

Lucinda S.

Overall product it good

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the ease of exporting reports to excel

Cons

What I like the least about this software is the billing of reimbursable expenses. When part of a fixed dollar amount it does not break out the time from expense.

Barbara P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

InFocus - a Great Product!

Reviewed on 03/02/2015

Pros

This software offered easy conversion from our former software; they were able to bring all of our previous file information forward for project reference. It matched up with our former software in many ways and is easy to learn and use. Clearview Software's staff is very good to work with during the conversion. The training offered is very helpful, and they will always respond quickly and efficiently to any need you may have. Give them both a try; you will like them.

Cons

The only downside I have had is not being able to customize the software's reports at my level to the needs. I have had some custom reports and invoices designed to match up with our needs, but it is too costly to have all my report requirements customized. Therefore, sometimes you have to either run three or four reports to gather the information you may require.

Johana R.

Great Value for your money

Reviewed on 17/03/2017

I have used large ERP system: SAP,Great Plains, just to name a few. The Clearview team has taken their time to develop a great product. The helpdesk is a great team i always get a rely within a couple of hours and the IT is willing to take a few minutes and explain to me how the system works, help me find a resolution to my problem, and at times help me figure out a work around. With all ERPs as a company uses it more and more and develop their database management always wants to see more information or in different formats. SAP is very strike in what you see is what you get with minimum customization. You would need to export raw data and reformat or spend millions in a report builder app and IT support. I love the fact that i have the availability to create my own querries, reports, and see what information is available. Once i know what i want i can request Clearview to create something for me at a reasonable price. No system is perfect but that fact that Clearview is always looking at improving their system and helping their clients maximize the use of the software.

Martha C.

InFocus Cloud

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Pros

The ability for project managers to see the status of their projects. Accounting, Project Management and CRM all in one place.

Cons

The reports are some time hard to navigate or design if you don't have report building experience

Lauren J.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Clearview Software Review - Infocus

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

I am extremely happy with Clearview Infocus. They have been amazing in their customer service department and help when I need it with trouble shooting. They have gotten better about adding tutorials and training modules, and even adding in person workshops to help expand my knowledge and learn more about the software. They are always listening to their customers and adding updates to include features their clients want to see.

Pros

I like that the software is able to integrate all aspects of our business, from timesheets to expense reports, invoicing, and bill payment, etc. It is a one stop shop kind of software.

Cons

The hardest part of the software is getting it to generate the reports you want if they are not already built into the system, if you want a custom report do you do need to know some sequel background to run a report. I have also found that it is an extremely powerful tool but I am only scrapping the surface, and if I knew more information it could be even more useful. Adding custom boxes to applets to make it more specific to our business.

Madeline M.

I find the program difficult to maneuver when trying to set up projects and invoice

Reviewed on 10/05/2017

Pros

I like that each PM has the means to review and prepare their own invoice. I would like to know more on how to set up a template style that can be imported for each project and then alter from there.

Cons

I wish it were easier to move time tickets around. It takes many clicks to get to move a time ticket to where it needs to be when entered in the wrong location. I wish uploading documents was easier and that I did not have to put on my desk top to move. To edit fees you need to be in one place, to add tasks you need to be in another. The program is not intuitive.

Rhonda S.

Clearview InFocus

Positive

Pros

Ease of daily use and streamlining of all of my tasks.

Cons

there is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Pamela J.

Accounting and IT Manager

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Choosing InFocus is one of the best decision we've made. Training can be a challenge when adopting any new system. Clearview offers extensive training videos, consultations, and webinars. Considering most software products continue to improve and implement client-suggested upgrades, I appreciate Clearview's workshops, where users can continue their InFocus education on advanced levels. Having the opportunity to attend has helped me to really hone in on configuring our InFocus database in ways that are compatible with my company's workflow. I also picked up tips and tricks other users developed for their needs.
Customer service is also very important to me. I appreciate responsive, knowledgeable technicians and staff members who listen. They do not over promise, over-sell, or mislead when discussing requests, issues or customization. They believe in empowering their users. I LOVE THIS!! They offer a workshop for those wanting to learn advanced report writing. Support staff will work through any issue or request until it has been satisfied.
InFocus demonstrates its value. Invoicing is fast. Communicating project details flow more smoothly. Preparing invoices in various formats are easier. All this and more are offered for a low monthly cost per user. They even offer a training version of our data for a very low monthly fee, and any user can access it. This has been crucial when I'm working through project setup options and need to test my ideas.
Overall, I love it.

Pros

It's easy to navigate, more intuitive than other products we've used, and customizable. It's difficult to pick my favorite aspect; it's such a great product overall.

Cons

I wish user's could change the color of the Sandbox (training environment). Having it the same color as the live version can make it a bit confusing when training others.

Julie T.

Clearview is for Everyone!

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

One benefit I have realized is the ability to make minor edits to Accounting entries without having to go back redo something. The flexibility of this software is unmatched.

Pros

One thing I like most about Infocus are the Gridgits on the dashboard that provide various information all in one place. I also prefer this program because of the flexibility in entering data so there is no more deleting something because you have to make a minor change. Infocus has a variety of reports that are easy to understand that provide a wide array of data. I also appreciate check processing in Infocus for Accounts Payable and Employee Reimbursables because it is very easy to use especially with the recent transaction tab. Timesheets are very easy to enter and approve in Infocus and benefits hours are easy to see for each employee.

Cons

One thing I like least is that some functionality of Infocus is not user-friendly (i.e. having to use F4 instead of Enter). I also would like to see benefit accrual more automated and payroll integration with outside software (i.e. Pensoft) made more seamless for companies that have salary plus employees.

Gregg F.

Great SAAS accounting solution for an ACEC firm

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

It's a more cost-effective option than Deltek Vision. If that's your comparison as an ACEC firm, I'd say go for it! :)

Pros

* Reasonable setup and ongoing price per seat. Monthly billing available.

* Quick and easy setup. We were online within 24 hours and had our data converted from Deltek within 7 business days.

* Great technical support via dedicated user login message board interface. Answers/response are usually taken care of in under 2 hours for non-critical/emergency issues.

* InFocus Custom Reports and Invoice Designs can be created and edited using the SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio 2005 from Microsoft.

Cons

The only real downside so far has been speed of the interface. We had this as an onsite server and response times were awesome with our own dedicated server. I would have hoped that with SaaS that the background horsepower for their servers would be a little better than what it is. Requests take approximately 4x as long to process as when we tested it as a local SQL installation. Please keep in mind that this is a "feels like" statement and not a technically measured out in milliseconds statement.

Jane G.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Its a must have for keeping track of your resources.

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

It's been great experience! We have been working with the Clearview team since 2012, the staff is not only professional in their approach to develop and improve the software but they genuinely care about their clients. We feel that we have had the opportunity to develop a partnering relationship with Clearview's management and staff. This relationship, and using the InFocus tools effectively have allowed us to do a more efficient job at managing our current operations and planning for the future.

Pros

The analytics help me to keep track of multiple data points without spending tons of time reviewing data. With a few clicks of my mouse I am able to see resource utilization in any timeframe I need, department and associate availability at a glance, projects that have budget concerns, I can see how well we are spending against our plans and easily track opportunities/proposal status at a glance. It's help make my job easier.

Cons

We use Project Planning and Resource Scheduler frequently and it works fine but I would like to see more effort go into improving the functionality of its components i.e. Earned Value, Change Order tracking and just having better tools to manipulate the scheduled data.

Brian S.

A Must-Have!

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Our employees pick up time entry very easily with InFocus. Its also great that employees can monitor their own PTO accruals, seeing all that they've accrued and used throughout the year. Employees can also generate their own reports to see how many hours they've worked on a specific project. Its great!

Pros

It is so user friendly, if you are familiar with excel, many of InFocus's features are created the same way. Very low training time!

Cons

Copying entries on time sheets or AP's could be a little better, but it isn't that bad.

Deborah R.

Reviewed on 30/04/2012

As a mid-sized architectural design firm, we have found Clearview InFocus to be the best integrated accounting and project management software on the market. We migrated to InFocus in May 2010 after using two previous industry specific applications, which never performed as promised. The transition to InFocus was well managed and painless. InFocus is highly flexible and easy to learn and use. It is especially forgiving of input errors, with mistakes easily reversed or voided. As designers of large and highly complex institutional projects, we have sophisticated client invoicing needs. InFocus offers every conceivable billing scenario and allows for multiple billing types on the same project.

Likewise, the project management modules are flexible, user friendly, and cover all facets of project documentation. The default and custom reports are extensive and easily changed and manipulated. It is easy to pull data out of InFocus in a myriad of formats and easy to customize reports. Clearview's client support is also great - easily accessible with a highly responsive support team. They provide excellent software support as well as accounting solutions. The integration between the project management and accounting functions is seamless.

InFocus has allowed us to streamline our finance and project management functions and provided real savings in accounting consultant and in-house staff costs. InFocus is the best performing software I have ever had the pleasure to purchase. It exceeds expectations and has more than met every promise of the developer. This is top-notch software with top-notch support. Any size firm in the design industry would be well advised to adopt InFocus for their accounting and project management software.