Keeper Security Reviews

Keeper Security

Secure password management and digital vault.

4.5/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.5/5

Patrick
Patrick

Never forget a login or lose a password again. Even those that are seldom used.

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

Easy to use app. The new user quickly realizes what a functional tool Keeper is for organizing in logical fashion all you logins and passwords. Folders allow for keeping track of multiple accounts related to the same login. There is the option to leave comments on the app directly inside the folder so that "thing" you have to remember you don't forget. The app allows the addition of fields to expand on the size and amount of data you can enter into the folder. If you have several items that you discover need to be put into one folder you can do this quite easily. I have come to rely on this app and not my memory as the number of logins and passwords in my life grow. The cost is minimal but the value is evident. It is a simple idea that was well thought out and does what it claims to do. What more can you ask from a product? I gave customer support 4 stars only because I have never had to use them for any reason. If service is like the product in terms of reliability than it would have been correct to give them 5 stars. I was skeptical about this product in he beginning because there are so many competitors I thought it was a risky buy. It was a good purchase. I don't love the product it just works!

Cons

The only complaint it isn't free. I have tried other free password vaults and they fall short of Keeper. I know there should be more to complain about but I haven't found anything.

Justin

Good value but not exceptional

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

I have no reason to doubt Keeper from a security point of view, and it's serviceable from a usability point of view, so it's okay overall.

For it to become a truly exceptional tool, it would need to add the missing features that competitors have and tweak the UI a bit so that it's a bit more modern. (Like, can we get rid of the "Encryption Enabled" message? It's silly to think a password manager wouldn't use encryption in this day and age.)

Pros

Keeper is reasonably priced compared to the competitors we considered. Unlike virtually all SaaS vendors, they publish detailed release notes for all of their component products, which is *super* nice. (I just wish they included RSS feeds with those release notes so I didn't have to make my own...)

Keeper is compatible with many different platforms, including Linux (Keeper desktop) and Safari (Keeper browser extension). A lot of competitors couldn't give a whit about products like Linux and Safari.

Cons

It's been years since we signed up with Keeper, but it still has some fairly basic limitations that it needs to overcome. For instance, in shared folders, it'd be nice to have separate sharing settings for subfolders.

The UI as a whole is just not as refined as something like 1Password.

1Password and LastPass

Reasons for Choosing Keeper Security

LastPass was acquired by LogMeIn, which is kind of notorious for huge price hikes.

LastPass

Reasons for Switching to Keeper Security

It was mainly based on price and product compatibility.
Chris
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Review of Keeper

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

It's ok. The website address doesn't always work properly and sometimes it's pounding your browser asking if you want to use a password that's wrong. Very annoying

Pros

It's ok to use. Usability can be cumbersome.

Cons

Support. I've reached out to sales many times to get a quote for the SSO version that syncs with AAD. Buying this upgrade seems next to impossible for some reason. I don't really need a quote.

Sanford
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Good with room for more improvement

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Overall experience is positive though there's much room for improvement and convenience

Pros

Integration with business was straightforward however login syncing between desktop app and browser plugin would be nice (refer to 1Password...log into either and the other is automatically unlocked for use).

Cons

I find the login often breaks in Firefox (tested on different computers as well). Template setup of sites/users could benefit from a cloning feature.

Required GovCloud encryption

Reasons for Switching to Keeper Security

It was the only option with GovCloud which was a requirement from upper management
Andreas

Great Product for small Firms with high security need

Reviewed on 19/07/2023

Like it.

Like it.

Pros

Very easy to use and well accepted by users.

Cons

Help could be a little better. Did Not find answers to some questions.

Price
Cassandra
  • Industry: Design

Keeper Security - Fantastic Sensitive Information Storage

Reviewed on 30/03/2023

I think Keeper Security is a great password and information management program and it's a great value for the price that it is. I was able to rest a little easier at night knowing that Keeper Security had my back when it came to my online information.

Pros

I love that it wasn't super overwhelming for a first-timer when I first purchased a subscription. They made it easy to welcome me into the world of password management, especially when I didn't know what to expect. For the first time, I knew what it felt like to not have to worry about my information getting hacked into or leaked out and sold on the dark web.

Cons

I never found one thing that I disliked about the software. They made it extremely easy to be able to relax online knowing that my information was secure.

Egle

Strong Vault For Your Digital Identity

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

Pros

It keeps our passwords safe, is easy to use, and works on all devices. Plus, features like fingerprint login and secure sharing make our digital life simpler and more secure.

Cons

There were some issues in earlier versions (master password, extentions) but these issues have been addressed in newer versions and updates.

Monica
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

At first I loved this software as it was the first of its kind password keeper!

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

Pros

With my Blackberry it was the first of its kind! The best part was the ease of access and just the overall keeping up with my passwords that were easily misplaced or forgotten!

Cons

Keeper Security’s need soon dwindled away as new software for different platforms, like iPhone, Android and such came into focus with their own built-in system to keep your passwords within that device and not necessarily on a cloud based system.

Jason

Solid Password Management Tool

Reviewed on 26/06/2023

Pros

Keeper is easy to administer and fully web based. No application installs needed for administration. Browser plugins just work.

Cons

Keeper recently improved the UI and I hope that trend will continue.

Nathanael
  • Industry: Accounting

Good program

Reviewed on 29/08/2023

Using it for several years and I'm very happy with it.

Using it for several years and I'm very happy with it.

Pros

Meets the standards set by the Commonwealth of MA to keep client information safe

Cons

I'm just a user so I don't really know how much it costs

Sharyn

Great for enterprise, small business, community organisations or personal use

Reviewed on 10/07/2017

- I love that I can attach files to a record. Example of use: saving a login and password for an insurance site allows me to keep images of my possessions attached to that site.
- I use Keeper's random password generator when I am signing up to a new site. This is so handy as I don't have to spend ages finding a password that conforms to organisational complexity.
- Business use: I keep my website domain hosting details in Keeper. Create a record, enter the login and password but also attach notes to the record such as renewal dates, which credit card I used to renew, domain lookup information.... pretty much anything I need to know about renewing my domain is cut and pasted into this record for easy access.
- Personal use: As I am a tech support for my family and friends, I have a folder for Mum, one for Dad, one for Best Friend etc. As they are all technophobic, i keep their logins and passwords as a backup so if they forget, they can just call me and ask.

Pros

The feature that I like best about Keeper is being able to access it anytime, anywhere from any device - at the time that I need it.
I've used it for both work and personal use and recommend it to all my customers.
- I only have to remember one password - it only takes me a second to access any site.
- I have the ability to copy and paste a password without exposing the password to others to see.
- Keeper has a browser extension that allows me to save new site logins and passwords automatically.
- I like that I can sort passwords into Subjects or Folders, which is easier for organisation

Cons

I would prefer the ability to make sub-folders under the main folder headings, but that is not a show-stopper - more of a personal preference really.
I think the pricing is reasonable, however, I think the personal licence should include two devices instead of just one.

Denis
Denis

Keeper a great password Manager for it's money.

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

This app is definitely in the top of the best password managers not only in my, but also in the world ranking and is not worth so much money that you can lose without protecting your data and pay a much higher price.

Pros

A great password Manager, which has a very rich functionality. You will love these built-in functions as built-in password generator that will help you to generate long, strong and most importantly do not duplicate passwords that will protect your precious data and now you don't have to invent them yourself, but the main thing to remember or worse write what actually is, is an app that stores these passwords in encrypted form, and the attackers will not be able to use them. Just want to note such functions as automatic filling of your credentials on all platforms and on any device. Owners of devices with fingerprint access will be able to use it when accessing the Keeper password database. Cardholders will also be pleased with the possibility of automatic filling of forms in online stores. With this application you will not only protect your credentials, but also protect your personal files such as videos, photos, saving them in the cloud. And to top it all off, I'd like to mention two-factor authentication

Cons

The application is paid, but it is unlikely that this can be regarded as a minus because for the lost data sometimes you have to pay a lot more, so that the application is definitely worth the money.

Nick
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy enough and necessary

Reviewed on 23/12/2022

Really good.

Really good.

Pros

Simple to use and enterprise grade. Support is very effective.

Cons

The auto fill can be a little irritating but need it more than don’t.

Concerned about privacy/security

LastPass

Reasons for Switching to Keeper Security

Thought it was a better overall product.
John

'Fits in seamlessly with my daily

Reviewed on 22/09/2017

- Saves Time s
- Has all my logins and passwords in one place
- Gives me a helicopter of all my...

- Saves Time s
- Has all my logins and passwords in one place
- Gives me a helicopter of all my logins.
- Makes it easier for me to delete websites that I don't use as have them all stored in one place.
- Allows me to store private information
- Syncs across all my devices

Pros

-It saves time on each login that I have as not only are the password and login details held securely but all you don't even have to enter them. All you have to do is click on a button.
-It allows the user to save all their log-in details and and then group. Thus, it allows you to have a helicopter view off the platforms you use etc.
-You can also use the software to store other information not related to log-in and password details

Cons

- Sometimes the login might be on a certain page, however, the software might have stored a different page.
-When you have multiple people signed up for the one account. If it's emails there is no problem but sometimes it might be login with numbers, thus it's hard to know whose accounts it is.

Tom
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Love Keeper for Business

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

It makes all my password needs safe and secure and helps me be certain that my business is not threatened by unwanted hackers. I generally use a 16 character password and I've never experienced a hacker breaking one of my passwords. My business is password safe!

Pros

It's easy to work, saves lots of time looking up passwords, keeps my passwords secure from hackers, makes it easy to assign a password to a given site, makes it easy to insert my password into a site, and the cost to use it on all my devices is a true bargain.

Cons

At times, within certain programs or sites, the automatic entry feature doesn't initiate. In those instances it is a bit of a hassle to open the Keeper program and copy and paste the password, but fortunately this is more the exception than the rule.

Jay
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Essential secure pword & data software

Reviewed on 25/02/2017

I've been using Keeper for 5 years and can't imagine not having it with complex passwords required for so many websites and other logins. It looks simplistic, is easy to use, but under the hood is highly sophisticated reliable secure software. I have over 200 'records' that are encrypted, saved, and synced to all the devices I want. It takes about 30 seconds to create a new record with a user id, password, and website link. It is available for Windows, IOS, Linux, and Android. There are also browser extensions for Firefox and Chrome. This makes logging into any website a snap, as 'Keeper Fill' can enter all the info for you. With 256 AES encryption, 2-step authentication, and up to 100K Iterations, Keeper keeps my data safe, secure, and easy to access.

Pros

High level of security, ease of use, 2-step authentication, interface, scalability, platforms available, touch ID, complex password creator, syncing to all devices, super fast backups, record sharing

Cons

None so far. I've thought of some in the past, but were created and or fixed.

Anna Christine
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Keeper is. Keeper

Reviewed on 12/10/2019

We require our end users to change their master password every 4 months. Our higher end security level clearance users are required to change their master password daily. That’s a lot to keep up with and keeper has helped our end users decrease their tickets for lost password by over 92%.

Pros

Ease of use for end users; top notch security; ability sync across devices

Cons

Would prefer it force client to chose or create a folder. My client sometimes create loads of entries without folders and they are heavy users then get lost. The search feature is an excellent tool for them to use but folders help keep them organized.

Juan

The larger the company the more passwords to remember, but this KEEPS it SIMPLE

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Pros

Quick access to all of your passwords and easy to create those passwords then the BEST I don't have to memorize them! I have my passwords, for both business and private, then I have to remember my clients passwords sometimes. So it becomes overwhelming sometimes and you sit there trying to remember the clever way to set it up so that you would only to find out you can't. But not with Keeper quick and easy and in this ever changing world it sure you can appreciate that.

Cons

Enter face with Desktop app sometimes they don't match, then you have to uninstall and reinstall to match up. Now I use both the home and company version as well and this has only done it twice in the many years of use. But I would still rate it an ever-changing due to all the other features that had worked with no issues.

Andrea
Andrea

Great Application

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

Pros

I've been using Keeper since 2017 and I love it... everything in my control... everything in mobile app and chrome extention!

It's easy, simple, fast, secure and powerful!

Cons

No cons! No price cons, no functionalties cons, no support cons!

• Industry: Accounting

Nothing Better

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

I love everything about this program I refer it to everyone and I tell them I practice what I preach. This program should be a no brainer for anyone. I love that I can create folders separate for each client and other things that I need.

Pros

Everything is a pro about this software! I use this for every use you can think of I never leave home without it. Its not just for passwords it can be used for any and everything. I love that when you update one device it is updated across all devices.

Cons

You can not share an entire folder you must share one file within the folder at a time and when shared the other party must login via the web and add the file to the folder it belongs too. Would be nice to have this right inside the program as it was in previous versions.

I juse keeper to store my passwords

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Pros

Keeper is a great way to store and organize your passwords. I use the IOS app on my phone. its impossible to remember all of your passwords, I would be lost without this software. I like that I can use touch ID to access my passwords which really speeds up the process. My mother who isn't great with computers and is even worse at remembering passwords uses this app too with out any problems, which speaks to how intuitive and easy to use its user interface is.

Cons

the interface while very functional, isn't polished. it looks a little cheap or under developed. it does not take away from how the app works, but other password managers definitely have a leg up in the looks department

Salvatore
Salvatore
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Be Safe w/ Keeper Security

Reviewed on 02/02/2017

I've been a user of Keeper Security for over 5 years. The App is easy to use (actually fun to use), I have all my passwords available on my smartphone, laptop or desktop whenever I need them. No more post-its or redundant easy to hack passwords. The program creates passwords for you if you want to use that feature, or you can create your own password. If you use your own password, the program provides a difficulty level for that password.

I just love having everything I need at my fingertips, secure and safe. I have a tinge of OCD, so this works.

Get the App and use it. It's affordable, safe, secure and fun.

Pros

It's right there when I need important information. Passwords, bank or financial info or whatever I can populate in it. It's always there secure and accessible.

Cons

None. I love my Password Keeper.

Karen

Three Cheers for Keeper Password Manager

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

We are a small non-profit entity with 3 full-time employees and a contract Association Management Service. We are all in different locations and work remotely. It is absolutely essential that we keep a centralized database for passwords and account access.

Pros

Very easy to administer for a distributed organization where people are working from multiple locations. It prevents us from losing access to accounts if there is a personnel change. I also use the browser integration and phone app daily.

Cons

I can't really think of a negative at the moment.

David

The best app I've ever used. Updates keep the app clean and fresh

Reviewed on 03/08/2018

Pros

easy to use and secure. Tried a few of these apps before sticking with Keeper. Multiple users is perfect. I use Keeper on every device I own. Can't tell you how handy that has been when your on your cell and using an Ipad to look up an account number instead of searching on the phone

Cons

wish Keeper would expand library to include contacts including notes/files and a live address that jumps to "maps"

Eg; Because I work solely out of town, I keep my health card number in Keeper. In another app, I keep my medical history and in another I keep a picture of my health card in case I misplace it while on the road.

Jennifer
Jennifer

Keeper is convenient, easy to use!

Reviewed on 29/12/2017

I have been so pleased with the app and I was skeptical at first! My husband said I should use it and I was not sure that I wanted to put so much information there. Once I tried it, I was sold!

Pros

I love that I only have to remember one password! I use the app daily to access all sorts of personal information...not only passwords. I love that there are fields for URLs and notes. I keep very sensitive information in Keeper and I don't worry about the security issue. I use the app on my phone and on my laptop and I can access it anywhere! I have been using Keeper for 4 years and I have every intention of continuing!