Keeper Security Reviews

Keeper Security

Write a Review!
Secure password management and digital vault.

4.5/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.5/5

Patrick
Patrick

Never forget a login or lose a password again. Even those that are seldom used.

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Pros

Easy to use app. The new user quickly realizes what a functional tool Keeper is for organizing in logical fashion all you logins and passwords. Folders allow for keeping track of multiple accounts related to the same login. There is the option to leave comments on the app directly inside the folder so that "thing" you have to remember you don't forget. The app allows the addition of fields to expand on the size and amount of data you can enter into the folder. If you have several items that you discover need to be put into one folder you can do this quite easily. I have come to rely on this app and not my memory as the number of logins and passwords in my life grow. The cost is minimal but the value is evident. It is a simple idea that was well thought out and does what it claims to do. What more can you ask from a product? I gave customer support 4 stars only because I have never had to use them for any reason. If service is like the product in terms of reliability than it would have been correct to give them 5 stars. I was skeptical about this product in he beginning because there are so many competitors I thought it was a risky buy. It was a good purchase. I don't love the product it just works!

Cons

The only complaint it isn't free. I have tried other free password vaults and they fall short of Keeper. I know there should be more to complain about but I haven't found anything.

Justin

Good value but not exceptional

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

I have no reason to doubt Keeper from a security point of view, and it's serviceable from a usability point of view, so it's okay overall.

For it to become a truly exceptional tool, it would need to add the missing features that competitors have and tweak the UI a bit so that it's a bit more modern. (Like, can we get rid of the "Encryption Enabled" message? It's silly to think a password manager wouldn't use encryption in this day and age.)

Pros

Keeper is reasonably priced compared to the competitors we considered. Unlike virtually all SaaS vendors, they publish detailed release notes for all of their component products, which is *super* nice. (I just wish they included RSS feeds with those release notes so I didn't have to make my own...)

Keeper is compatible with many different platforms, including Linux (Keeper desktop) and Safari (Keeper browser extension). A lot of competitors couldn't give a whit about products like Linux and Safari.

Cons

It's been years since we signed up with Keeper, but it still has some fairly basic limitations that it needs to overcome. For instance, in shared folders, it'd be nice to have separate sharing settings for subfolders.

The UI as a whole is just not as refined as something like 1Password.

1Password and LastPass

Reasons for Choosing Keeper Security

LastPass was acquired by LogMeIn, which is kind of notorious for huge price hikes.

LastPass

Reasons for Switching to Keeper Security

It was mainly based on price and product compatibility.
Chris
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Review of Keeper

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

It's ok. The website address doesn't always work properly and sometimes it's pounding your browser asking if you want to use a password that's wrong. Very annoying

Pros

It's ok to use. Usability can be cumbersome.

Cons

Support. I've reached out to sales many times to get a quote for the SSO version that syncs with AAD. Buying this upgrade seems next to impossible for some reason. I don't really need a quote.

Jen

Highly Recommend Keeper Security

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Pros

Being able to edit passwords; being able to choose password lengths and complexities.
I like the different record types--i.e. passwords versus credit card data.

Cons

Price / per user cost.
The complexity of recovering the admin password--I understand it, but it's complicated.

Sanford
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Good with room for more improvement

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Overall experience is positive though there's much room for improvement and convenience

Pros

Integration with business was straightforward however login syncing between desktop app and browser plugin would be nice (refer to 1Password...log into either and the other is automatically unlocked for use).

Cons

I find the login often breaks in Firefox (tested on different computers as well). Template setup of sites/users could benefit from a cloning feature.

1Password

Required GovCloud encryption

1Password

Reasons for Switching to Keeper Security

It was the only option with GovCloud which was a requirement from upper management

Best choice!

Reviewed on 08/10/2023

Pros

Easy to use, best features on the market combined with a top security

Cons

Nothing really yet, it’s great! Maybe no free account available?

1Password, KeePass, Bitwarden and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Choosing Keeper Security

Breach and dataloss at lastpass

LastPass

Reasons for Switching to Keeper Security

It is better in every way
Jenni

Keeper Security - Great Password Manager

Reviewed on 02/10/2023

This is helping our staff to manage their passwords and keep them secure. We have also transferred passwords when an employee has left the organization. This allows us to go in and either change the information or delete the account, that we might not have known about if we didn't have Keeper.

Pros

Very easy to use. It does a great job of prompting correctly for the user name and password, unless you have multiple ones for the site, then it allows you to select which one you want to have it fill in. It also is really good at assisting with changing a password.

Cons

When creating a new password it doesn't prompt for what folder you want to save it under, so you have to go into the vault to move it to the folder you want it saved too.

Egle

Strong Vault For Your Digital Identity

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

Pros

It keeps our passwords safe, is easy to use, and works on all devices. Plus, features like fingerprint login and secure sharing make our digital life simpler and more secure.

Cons

There were some issues in earlier versions (master password, extentions) but these issues have been addressed in newer versions and updates.

Nathanael
  • Industry: Accounting

Good program

Reviewed on 29/08/2023

Using it for several years and I'm very happy with it.

Using it for several years and I'm very happy with it.

Pros

Meets the standards set by the Commonwealth of MA to keep client information safe

Cons

I'm just a user so I don't really know how much it costs

Megan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Worth the investment!

Reviewed on 02/09/2023

Pros

Easy to store important information and shareable.

Cons

I wish the password to get into the vault didn't have to be so long

Briann
  • Industry: Information Services

Keeper for Business is a great password keeper

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Overall my experience with Keeper for business has been a good one, I'm getting more used to it everyday.

Pros

What I like most of the software is it's ease of use. The GUI is very well laid out and intuitive; most other password managers are very basic and Keeper definitely looks the part of a profession software.

Cons

What I like least about Keeper are two things; First, the search function could use some work, it's very clunky and often makes finding what you're searching for a pain. Also the load times when first opening the software are long.

Sharyn

Great for enterprise, small business, community organisations or personal use

Reviewed on 10/07/2017

- I love that I can attach files to a record. Example of use: saving a login and password for an insurance site allows me to keep images of my possessions attached to that site.
- I use Keeper's random password generator when I am signing up to a new site. This is so handy as I don't have to spend ages finding a password that conforms to organisational complexity.
- Business use: I keep my website domain hosting details in Keeper. Create a record, enter the login and password but also attach notes to the record such as renewal dates, which credit card I used to renew, domain lookup information.... pretty much anything I need to know about renewing my domain is cut and pasted into this record for easy access.
- Personal use: As I am a tech support for my family and friends, I have a folder for Mum, one for Dad, one for Best Friend etc. As they are all technophobic, i keep their logins and passwords as a backup so if they forget, they can just call me and ask.

Pros

The feature that I like best about Keeper is being able to access it anytime, anywhere from any device - at the time that I need it.
I've used it for both work and personal use and recommend it to all my customers.
- I only have to remember one password - it only takes me a second to access any site.
- I have the ability to copy and paste a password without exposing the password to others to see.
- Keeper has a browser extension that allows me to save new site logins and passwords automatically.
- I like that I can sort passwords into Subjects or Folders, which is easier for organisation

Cons

I would prefer the ability to make sub-folders under the main folder headings, but that is not a show-stopper - more of a personal preference really.
I think the pricing is reasonable, however, I think the personal licence should include two devices instead of just one.

Denis
Denis

Keeper a great password Manager for it's money.

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

This app is definitely in the top of the best password managers not only in my, but also in the world ranking and is not worth so much money that you can lose without protecting your data and pay a much higher price.

Pros

A great password Manager, which has a very rich functionality. You will love these built-in functions as built-in password generator that will help you to generate long, strong and most importantly do not duplicate passwords that will protect your precious data and now you don't have to invent them yourself, but the main thing to remember or worse write what actually is, is an app that stores these passwords in encrypted form, and the attackers will not be able to use them. Just want to note such functions as automatic filling of your credentials on all platforms and on any device. Owners of devices with fingerprint access will be able to use it when accessing the Keeper password database. Cardholders will also be pleased with the possibility of automatic filling of forms in online stores. With this application you will not only protect your credentials, but also protect your personal files such as videos, photos, saving them in the cloud. And to top it all off, I'd like to mention two-factor authentication

Cons

The application is paid, but it is unlikely that this can be regarded as a minus because for the lost data sometimes you have to pay a lot more, so that the application is definitely worth the money.

Dennis

Safe Deposit Box for All Your Passwords

Reviewed on 22/10/2018

Best password generator I've ever used. It's simply great!

Best password generator I've ever used. It's simply great!

Pros

This is a great product. Keeper is a vault and a generator for passwords. And it also has a browser extension that allows the vault to be accessed while online. Keeper can generate ids and passwords for new sites...and they are very secure passwords...very cryptic 128-byte passwords. It also is has fields for storing answers to questions used to verify one's identity that are sometimes used by sites. In the vault, you can organize passwords in folders...for example, all banking passwords in one folder, home information sites in another. And it will fill in the id's and passwords automatically if you wish. The vault can be backed up to the cloud or stored on another device of your choosing. The can print them out. Finally, it will sync across several devices. Create a password on your computer, it shows on your tablet or phone.

Cons

This product is simply great! They do have a small charge annually if you want to share the program with other family members.

John

'Fits in seamlessly with my daily

Reviewed on 22/09/2017

- Saves Time s
- Has all my logins and passwords in one place
- Gives me a helicopter of all my...

- Saves Time s
- Has all my logins and passwords in one place
- Gives me a helicopter of all my logins.
- Makes it easier for me to delete websites that I don't use as have them all stored in one place.
- Allows me to store private information
- Syncs across all my devices

Pros

-It saves time on each login that I have as not only are the password and login details held securely but all you don't even have to enter them. All you have to do is click on a button.
-It allows the user to save all their log-in details and and then group. Thus, it allows you to have a helicopter view off the platforms you use etc.
-You can also use the software to store other information not related to log-in and password details

Cons

- Sometimes the login might be on a certain page, however, the software might have stored a different page.
-When you have multiple people signed up for the one account. If it's emails there is no problem but sometimes it might be login with numbers, thus it's hard to know whose accounts it is.

Tom
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Love Keeper for Business

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

It makes all my password needs safe and secure and helps me be certain that my business is not threatened by unwanted hackers. I generally use a 16 character password and I've never experienced a hacker breaking one of my passwords. My business is password safe!

Pros

It's easy to work, saves lots of time looking up passwords, keeps my passwords secure from hackers, makes it easy to assign a password to a given site, makes it easy to insert my password into a site, and the cost to use it on all my devices is a true bargain.

Cons

At times, within certain programs or sites, the automatic entry feature doesn't initiate. In those instances it is a bit of a hassle to open the Keeper program and copy and paste the password, but fortunately this is more the exception than the rule.

Stephen
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Essential application

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

This has been absolutly essential to our business processes. We deal with hundreds of unique passwords and having them in a central common application accessible to our technical staff has been key to maintaining control.

Pros

It is easy to access, easy to use and works on a variety of platforms. It has plugins for the major web browsers. It has the ability to segregate repositories for different groups and to share passwords where necessary. Ability to audit passwords and quickly see where a common password may have been used.

Cons

Wish that it also had the ability to autofill non-web based applications.

Veronica
Veronica
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best Password Keeper!

Reviewed on 17/05/2020

Pros

I have been using this app for at least 5 years, possibly longer. I pay the low-end fee, once per year. I didn't do that for the first couple years. I decided to pay though because I can now use it on ANY device and it transfers with me. We need to remember so many sites and passwords that it becomes a big headache! It has saved me soooo many times! I have made two folders for my two children and in them I have stored websites and passwords just for them. That has been so helpful!

Cons

It has a function in which you can automatically be sent to save a new password for a new website/app. It would be nice so that you don't ever forget to save a password... it has never worked correctly for me. But, it doesn't bother me much.. Both Google and Samsung ask to save new passwords anyway, so they are backups..

Annalese

Small nonprofit loves Keeper!

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Pros

I love that this software has a desktop and mobile app that are very user friendly. I can access my passwords, credit cards, protected notes, etc. from my laptop or phone.

Cons

There is still some confusion about user permissions for me. The software doesn't make it super clear about the process for offboarding staff and how the transfer of file ownership works.

Jeanine
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Love this App

Reviewed on 06/10/2019

I am able to hold hundreds of passwords and access my accounts!!!

I am able to hold hundreds of passwords and access my accounts!!!

Pros

This app is very user friendly and within the app allows you to store various aspects to an account. For example you have your user name and password, but can add websites, write in verification questions and answers, account numbers, etc. I love the face recognition so i don't have to type in my password all the time. I have to say that I emailed customer service as I had a question and not only did I get a Prompt email response; I also received a phone call to ensure I was able to make the changes I needed. LOVE THIS APP!!!!!!

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints or negative comments

Shayne
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Good Software but watch out at renewal time

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

It is just a tool. It needs to work and be able to be renewed with no effort. We don't need half the functions and don't want to be charged or pay for features we don't want or need.

Pros

Easy to use and deploys onto phones. Users though can end up with duplications if they enter their own and don't share but we enter for the company and do share.

Cons

Didn't like the way a $225 5 user subscription ended up at $950 dollar with a recommended addition that couldn't be removed by the user. Had to muck around contacting customer support to resolve and at this stage not resolved so we may end up dumping Keeper in favour of one of the other vaults

Brian
Brian

Keeper. Best Password Manager.

Reviewed on 18/09/2016

After having my home broken into and dealing with identity theft, I was determined to find the best password manager there was. I wanted an app that synced across all devices. It had to have the highest security standards to protect my login information. It had to be super easy to use. With Keeper, I'm confident that I found it. I now can't imagine going through the day without it. It's a real lifesaver.

Pros

Easy to use. It is simple to save and retrieve passwords and login information. Keeper fills it in for you. It's a real time saver.
Creates complex passwords for you if you want.
Safe and secure.
Syncs across all devices.

Cons

The free version has limited features. I recommend the paid plans. They have individual, family, and business plans available. They are worth every penny.

Salvatore
Salvatore
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Be Safe w/ Keeper Security

Reviewed on 02/02/2017

I've been a user of Keeper Security for over 5 years. The App is easy to use (actually fun to use), I have all my passwords available on my smartphone, laptop or desktop whenever I need them. No more post-its or redundant easy to hack passwords. The program creates passwords for you if you want to use that feature, or you can create your own password. If you use your own password, the program provides a difficulty level for that password.

I just love having everything I need at my fingertips, secure and safe. I have a tinge of OCD, so this works.

Get the App and use it. It's affordable, safe, secure and fun.

Pros

It's right there when I need important information. Passwords, bank or financial info or whatever I can populate in it. It's always there secure and accessible.

Cons

None. I love my Password Keeper.

Karen

Three Cheers for Keeper Password Manager

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

We are a small non-profit entity with 3 full-time employees and a contract Association Management Service. We are all in different locations and work remotely. It is absolutely essential that we keep a centralized database for passwords and account access.

Pros

Very easy to administer for a distributed organization where people are working from multiple locations. It prevents us from losing access to accounts if there is a personnel change. I also use the browser integration and phone app daily.

Cons

I can't really think of a negative at the moment.

David

The best app I've ever used. Updates keep the app clean and fresh

Reviewed on 03/08/2018

Pros

easy to use and secure. Tried a few of these apps before sticking with Keeper. Multiple users is perfect. I use Keeper on every device I own. Can't tell you how handy that has been when your on your cell and using an Ipad to look up an account number instead of searching on the phone

Cons

wish Keeper would expand library to include contacts including notes/files and a live address that jumps to "maps"

Eg; Because I work solely out of town, I keep my health card number in Keeper. In another app, I keep my medical history and in another I keep a picture of my health card in case I misplace it while on the road.