TouchBistro

3.7/5

326 Software options

Brent M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Slick, powerful & user-friendly in a small package

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

This is our day-to-day workhorse software to run our retail store and bottle shop at our brewery. Could not live without it. Internet outages make everyone panic now!

Pros

The software is incredibly intuitive and has an extremely high level of functionality within its simple user interface.

Cons

The one issue we have is the inflexible partnership TouchBistro has with Apple. Thousands of dollars of hardware must be purchased to run TouchBistro, and there is almost no flexibility in what you are allowed to by to run it.

Square Point of Sale and Vend

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

TouchBistro is a much more powerful option for splitting up tables and creating tabs in our taproom.

Vend

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

Intuitive nature, ease of use, flexibility of software.
Chip D.

Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 05/11/2021

We have not yet implemented after 6 months or working with Touchbistro to resolve our issues. We have dealt with over 15 different people without a solution.

Pros

We liked that it is portable and easy to use with familiar hardware (ipads)

Cons

This isnt a Con for the software but the tools surrounding its use. We clearly defined our needs to use this tool outside as over 50% of our customer seating is outdoors. We have been able to take orders and submit them fine using the ipads, but the tools used to close out tickets and process payments at those outdoor tables did not work as sold or promised. Touchbistro has refused credit on those devices and has yet to offer a workable solution.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey Chip, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry to hear that TouchBistro isn't working out for you, and I would like to escalate this with our management team. Please send me an email to [email protected] with the name your account is under so we can look into things further.
- Carly at TouchBistro

Ashley H.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Fair value for the price

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

It has been fair. Sometimes their customer service department is hard to get a hold of. We have found that calling in the morning hours (MST) have proven to be best odds so far.

Pros

The ease of my staff being able to use it on a daily basis to change or revise orders is much simplier than what we had prior.

Cons

The set-up was a little bit of a struggle with nested modifiers. And, we are getting ready to utilize the online ordering feature and found out that nested modifiers do not pull into the online ordering platform, which is difficult and we are going to have to find a work around.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Ashley, thank you very much for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear that you and your staff have found TouchBistro to be easy to use. I will pass your note regarding your Online Ordering trouble on to our product team. - The TouchBistro Team

Kyle W.
  • Industry: Automotive

TouchBistro POS Review

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

When I first saw TouchBistro POS sponsoring restaurants on a Gordon Ramsey television show, I thought if he recommended it maybe we needed it as well. I am not at all disappointed by this decision I have made. Traditional tickets are out the door now thanks to this lovely system. You've made our business run smoother, which means more happy customers.

Pros

The TouchBistro POS system is a very easy to use. I don't find myself to be the best at POS systems, but the setup process was basically idiot-proof. Getting everything to work took way less time than I anticipated. Also, I have yet to see this POS system crash, even during busy hours.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a little lag when putting in certain orders. It seems like the POS system is sometimes just trying to play catch up with itself. We have noticed that moving from page to page oftentimes will slow it down. We have learned to not click as quickly now though.

Haley C.

Silvercreek has benefited in many ways from using TouchBistro.

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Pros

The most popular opinion from our staff is the ease of use with TouchBistro. The program needs barely any training assistance, staff picks up the location of menu items quickly, customers are impressed with the technology, and in a small space like our coffee house the size of the unit compared to our grandfather of a cash register we can host more treats for our customers.

Cons

We struggle with getting prompt response when in a stressful or urgent situation. Restaurant business is fast paced and requires immediate help, especially if we are stalled in being able to take payment or assist a customer in another way. Guests don't appreciate being asked to wait while we try to contact Touch Bistro unsuccessfully. Email response time is reasonable. We also struggle to offer emailed invoices directly from touch bistro without having to switch over our wifi, slowing down service. We are also struggling to have reliable synching on our online account to view sales reports.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Haley!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and your customers are impressed with the technology. Good for you for being on the cutting edge!

Please know that we hear your concerns and are actively working to add more certified, in-house, support staff on an ongoing basis.

If there's anything else I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Darren B.

Over all Good just Bad Support

Reviewed on 27/03/2017

Over all my experince has been good, I am just very frustrated with support. The tech support is on call all the time, it is the support from other depatments like billing etc. I have have on several occasions left messages for someone to call and have had no response at all, not even a call back or a support ticket to say they have heard my message. I waited up to one week before I called again. I live on the West Coast and support areas are east Coast so at time if I need someone they are gone for the day around 2 pm my time, and no one to help us in the west later in the day as needed. Voice mails don't say when person is available or best times to call or to call between certain times. No mention that other then Tech support the rest are off over weekends, if your catering to restaurant you need more support over weekends, would be nice to only be Mon-Fri as a restaurant owner, but never going to happen. it is all very frustrating and very much a huge hassle to get anyone when needed beyond tech support. I have been very unhappy in this area with Touch Bistro.

Pros

Easy to use set up and teach staff to use

Cons

I may not know about it, but would be great to have a text feature for guests to order from our pool side that can alert server to an order

Dave K.

Easy to use, best POS I've ever used. The support is amazing. Although you rarely need it.

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

Pros

When I started my business, the company that ran the POS system I inherited gave me trouble 24 hours before I opened. In stepped TouchBistro. They went above and beyond to have me up and running in time for my opening. I have never seen support they offered from another company. Their customer service was second to none.
On top of that, the system is so easy to use. I set up my menu from scratch, in a rush, the night before opening. Training staff on it is a breeze as well.

Cons

There isn't much to complain about. It would be nice to be able to adjust the menu remotely but they're constantly upgrading the features available via cloud, so I'm sure that's on the horizon as well.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the super awesome review!

I'm going to forward it to our install and training team.

They work so hard and definitely will appreciate the love.

Thanks again!
Mell

Nathan B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Very Disappointed. I need someone from their company to reach out!!

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

I am not one who usually shares my experience when it's bad but I am leaving these reviews in hope that TouchBistro will reach out to me so I can resolve some issues. We purchased the system and went live back in October of 2019 for our new restaurant. The interface looked good but as far as the system being customizable to whatever you want it to do...It's not that. During our time the system lost orders, had issues updating the menu from the cloud to the POS and ultimately cost us around $750.00. The card readers continue to lose connection, the printers print to different locations randomly, and when the POS updated, it messes up because the Main Hub has not updated yet. We have a fairly small location so to attach a screen to our iMac Mini every few days is pretty challenging and if we don't, we start shift with these problems. That is what lead me to look for another POS and we found one that is far exceeding our expectations. Toast has been amazing! I called TouchBistro to cancel and the rep stated that he would send me an e-mail of cancellation and someone would reach back out to me to finish it up. I was on hold for around 1 hour and 20 minutes the first time I tried to cancel. I did get the e-mail but no-one ever called me back to wrap this up. Today I tried to reach out and was waiting on hold for 42 minutes before getting a rep who said he had to transfer me to the care team to get everything done. I was transferred, waited for about 15 minutes on

Pros

The iPads were ok, and it wasn't too hard to hook up

Cons

Losing orders, connectivity problems, card reader not working, printers printing to different locations randomly, Not very customizable

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

Price but after choosing them, We decided to move over to Toast and have been using it for a week and a half with absolutely 0 issues and the customer support is so fast. I get my answers in about 5-10 minutes. It's so easy!
Naz A.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Tha lil app tha could :)

Reviewed on 08/01/2016

Pros

Touch B - is reallllllllly easy to use....well..there's a bit of a learning curve, and some gettin used to on tha back end to setup everything....but once u dour golden...and it's easy....tha updates are reallly also helpful in ironing out tha bugs etc. We serve our customers faster now with less mistakes than before...with ordering as well as doing up tha tabs etc....we can also do specials and pricing on tha fly.....it's awesome....

Cons

To get tech support has beena friggin nightmare and the most frustrating so for us. I've mentioned this to our rep already...Not being able to speak to someone immediatley makes mme wanna pull my hair out, and then i have to leave a message and wait for a call back, also drives me insane.....because ive goten called back 4 hours AFTER leaving tha message...lunch service was done already, worst yet when i have problems DURiNG service and ther's no help.

We've also had problems with printing....and sometimes the orders do no go thru..and we've found this after updataing tha last software..soo not sure about that.

Melanie C.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Touch Bistro is very user friendly and easy to program.

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Ease of use. Valuable synthesis of information from sales and labor hours.

Pros

Ease of use (changing menu items, viewing labor hours, etc is very easily done).
It's easy for employees to use the basic functions of this program.

Cons

It freezes up frequently and requires that the app is closed and re-opened before it will work again. There's also an annoying delay after orders are sent through, while they're printing in the kitchen, during which time nothing can be done. This only last a few seconds, but a few seconds is too much for a busy restaurant to have a delay every time an order is sent.

Katherine P.
  • Industry: Restaurants

This is the 2nd restaurant I've used Touch Bistro. Easy to operate.

Reviewed on 08/12/2017

Reports, labor, food, remote report etc.....

Pros

Everything makes sense, very user friendly. Servers and bartenders who have never worked with this system can pick up right away, little or no training.

Cons

It does not have the capability of putting in counts on menu items, i.e. starting the night with 8 fish and having the system do the countdown until it's gone.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Katherine!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear that this is your second restaurant using TouchBistro and you're finding it easy to use, with little to no training.

If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Jeremy N.

Works great for our business!

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Pros

Everything is easy to set up. And easy to find when using the program. Makes life easy when the dining room is overflowing with customers!

Cons

It was a bit difficult to get some reports off Touchbistro. It crashed a couple times but we only do reports 1-2 times a year so it's not the end of the world.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Jeremy!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to setup and use, and that it's making your life easy when your dining room is overflowing with customers (good for you!)

Mim D.

Easy to use. We DEPEND on this system. We just setup RevUp to integrate a customer loyalty...

Reviewed on 16/12/2017

Pros

Cloud reporting and great customer service! I like the ability to keep all reporting in the POS including staff time sheets and other information. I think the reports are great and easy to use, even online as an app on my cell phone to easily manage the day's activities. Setup is easy and upgrades are seamless. We installed a second POS system for overflow it is a great benefit.

Cons

I would like to access the full POS system remotely, not just the cloud.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Mim!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be easy to use and a dependable tool for your restaurant.

Marcella H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

very versatile for range of businesses, simple to train and use

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

better real-time numbers and reporting

Pros

iCloud reporting helpful for staying up to date when not onsite.

Cons

old item archiving -- no good system for organizing beyond deleting/hiding items. Should be able to use categories and files.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Marcella!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and train your staff on, as well as you making good use of our cloud reporting and remote access functionality.

William M.

The ease of setup and use is remarkable

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Pros

The ease with which I can manage my content. I also love the Portal and it's ability to get a somewhat realtime snapshot of the business even if I'm not there.

Cons

I'd like to be able to make updates to the content remotely. A way to run the app remotely (and still securely, VPN() would allow me the ability to troubleshoot or just manage things remotely.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, William!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and are enjoying the remote access to real-time business data without having to be on location.

Jennifer D.

The best product for Hands on Owners

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Owner and user control at your finger tips.

Pros

The main desire for us a business is flexibility. With touchbistro change is at our finger tips every day at time, with easy to use management tools.

Cons

Set up was a hassle, and with electronics comes bugs, but even with those things we have found this was the best option for flexibility of business.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Jennifer!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to the best product for 'hands-on' owners and are enjoying the flexibility our system offers restaurant businesses.

Jennifer L.

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to follow. Fast system. Easy to make changes to menu items and make price changes. Easy to add staff.

Cons

Reports are limited. I wish we were able to make more detailed reports. For example, I would like to be able to make a report of daily pax count in one report over period of time but system only allows one day at a time. Same would be for revenue.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Jennifer!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro so incredibly easy to use, follow, and customize for your needs.

Ben A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent product

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

Pros

Ease of use and training time is minimal. The fact that we can run reports, download .csvs and conduct our own analysis is especially helpful.

Cons

Cloud reporting capabilities are a bit underwhelming, but they are actively working towards improvement. In addition, the lack of bulk import/export .csv functionality for menu changes creates a cumbersome implementation during startup

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

Stay tuned for the next update... may just be what you're looking for in regards to reporting and bulk uploading.

Thanks again!
Mell

Bill S.
  • Industry: Sports

Seasonal Business - but difficult in the off season

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

The TouchBistro System worked great for our golf course. Our only issue came during the off season when we wanted to look at our reports. Since we had suspended our licence - which is a great option for a seasonal business to save money - we weren't able to access our reports. We were able to get a temporary release of our license so we could access the reports but this just took time and was tricky to co-ordinate. All the staff was friendly and excellent to work with.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set-up.

Cons

Strictly the inability to access business information if your license isn't in operation.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Bill!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to setup and use.

Anthony T.
  • Industry: Restaurants

User friendly and cost efficient for restaurant

Reviewed on 23/10/2015

Pros

Love the touch bistro pos system, it is by far one of the simplest to setup and easiest to train staffs with. it allow wireless table side ordering, which increase the service time by 20 % since we switch and also cut down on my staffs running back and forth to the customers with credit card payment, which we do sign on screen to speed up the table turning as well. I highly recommend it over other iPad pos system. Feel free to come visit us if you are in NYC. I be glad to show you the system.

Cons

The reservation system isn't connected with OpenTable or does it have a page system for the reservation to txt customers when their tables are ready.

Omarie P.

Convenient and modern

Reviewed on 30/09/2018

Pros

Touchbistro is what we used at my previous job as a server. We made the transition from paper tickets to this POS and it made a world of difference. The learning curve was quite easy and our company really benefited from switching over. One of my favorite parts of this software is that there are menu photos available that you can show customers right at the table and it’s all in the convenience of an iPad!

Cons

This worked well for a small menu restaurant, but not sure if it would be as efficient for a restaurant with a huge lengthy menu, only because it’s kind of tricky to access and make adjustments to items

Calay H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great App

Reviewed on 27/03/2017

I enjoy the software, but the last update caused my debit machine to not work and I lost a lot of money. It's also been operating slower that when I first used it.

Pros

Cons

Slow to react to commands sometimes and forced updates at random times of day. No rounding function for pennies so my cash NEVER balances, which sucks for accounting purposes and I'm unable to hold staff accountable for unbalanced cash outs.

Lisa B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

If you need to run open tabs, don’t get it!

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

I would look very seriously at other solutions, as well. I went with this, because of the sakes person and marketing. Next time I will spend more time in review, and testing.

Pros

The best day for support is Sunday otherwise getting through to their calls center is a challenge.

Cons

The continuous errors I get when using remote menu management. The iPad solution is bulky and instantaneously a guest dropped one, and there you go. The payment processing swiper is not attached solidly, and the battery life is not even a day.

NCR Silver

See above
Robert N.

Our opinion

Reviewed on 27/03/2017

The system is great with a few flaws, several times the system will not allow servers to log in , the message says , the server might be down, also the system is always updating therefore leaving the system non operational. The system is now unassigning servers which makes it impossible to determine who made the sales, that leaves the door open to theft. Pretty good system but a little to expensive for all of the headaches , over priced by about $$$ . Other category issues.

Pros

Accuracy of accounting.

Cons

System always shuts down. Orders not always show up on the screen.

David A.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

TouchBistro smoothes out management worries!

Reviewed on 20/06/2016

Prior to using TouchBistro, my brewery was using several different systems (cash register, cc With TouchBistro, not only have we been able to reduce our transaction times to mere seconds, we now have "one stop shopping" for all of our necessary business data like sales, labor, inventories.

Pros

I like the ease of daily use, set up, and how I can change menu items in less than a minute!

Cons

The Cloud Reporting is currently still in beta phase. I really wish all the bugs were ironed out.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi David! Thanks so much for the raving review. We love hearing from happy customers who've benefitted from using TouchBistro at their businesses. Thanks again!