Rosy

Cloud-based salon and spa scheduling & management software

4.8/5
4.5/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

142 Software options

Joe C.

Switching from Shortcuts to Rosy was the BEST DECISION EVER!

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

I am a consultant that puts companies into the cloud. My client had a different software when I started consulting for them a few years ago. We struggled with it for 2 more years, and they had it a few years before I came on board. In my work experience, I was a UI designer and application developer of online apps for Autodesk, which is the 2nd largest software company in the world, so I know my stuff. The other software was in my option one of the worst, hacked together, poorly engineered PC apps with lousy online functionality and mediocre support. My client and I had talked about changing to a new platform and migrating to a new service. I did an extensive analysis of the top 20 salon apps. I kept coming back to Rosy. We had 2 or 3 phone calls with them about migrating and I was pleasantly surprised. Their staff was nice, expertly knowledgeable, located in the US, prompt, basically everything we could ask for. We signed up for service and it only took us about a week and we were able to make the do setup, migrate all our data, implement the workflows, test everything and get all the staff fully trained in one online session. It was like a miracle. It was smooth, incredibly easy and I could not have been happier. Now my client has been using Rosy for almost a year now. It's amazing! They never call me with problems. They rarely have support questions but when they do, they call Rosy because the support is so good. Personally, I don't want my client's competition to know about Rosy, but I think every salon should use it. It's fantastic! Thanks, Rosy!!!

Pros

Everything! It is not over engineered. It does exactly what it is supposed to. It has great features for clients to schedule and manage appointments online and through text messages. It has CRM, Reports and all the major and minor features necessary to run a successful salon and not have to focus on the software. It seamlessly integrates into the daily workflow.

Cons

The Email Builder for the CRM needs to mature a bit more, but overall it works great for someone with knowledge of how to build emails. It's just not a job for someone with little or no CRM experience. I can see that it will get better, and you could always use MailChimp or other CRM service for sending Campaign style emails if that is what your salon does. Rosy handles all the automated emails quite well once they have been setup. Mobile functionality is important so be prepared to test your messages on a mobile device. It all works great, it just takes some know-how or you have to call support and let them help. Or you can have a consultant like me help you.

Sandra R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Rapid support. Knowledgeable

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Pros

The support. Rapid support. Everything gooood

Cons

Nothing At this moment. That's all folks

Derek H.

Hands Down the Best Salon Software available!!!!

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Our company has a huge number of clients that are salon owners using software. I can tell you that we see 3 to 4 software companies that are in most salons because they are market leaders. Our salon and spa business education systems rely on software that can get the job done. With that being said, we have become extremely excited over one platform which is constantly evolving and becoming our go to for our clients. We now recommend converting to this software to all of our clients. Now the golden question you ask is, Ok which one is it?

Our number 1 pick is Rosy Salon and Spa

Here is why we chose this software.

While many softwares have great features, we find they are lacking in other areas and Rosy Salon and Spa seems to have it all in a very affordable price. Here is a list of features that we love.

1. First cloud based software and we never have outage issues

2. Free text and email confirmations. Most of the others charge for this

3. Works on all devices, Apple, PC, iPad, tablet, phone Etc.

4. Built in marketing suite, no more need to pay extra for demandforce or some other add on companies marketing platform

5. Online Client Scheduling the best we have ever used; it has increased our online scheduling by 37%

6. Facebook Integration- this feature has been huge for us

7. Inventory Controls- automatic inventory ordering, no more counting bottles on the shelves

8. Mobile Web App- This is better than an app as it works on all devices and is free, it allows clients to book, check their accounts and shop all from the phone or tablet.

9. Reporting Engine- all the reports you need without the confusion

10. Product Reservations- clients can reserve products to buy when they get there and the system makes suggestions based on their service and when they should be out of their product.

11. Point of Sale with credit card integration

12. Booth Renter Management- this is a huge feature as they are the first to allow you to have multiple renters with their own account all tied in to your front desk. This will keep you legal with the IRS and independent contractor laws.

13. Memberships- This feature allows you to set up recurring memberships like a Gym and have the payments automatically sent to your salon and spa.

14. Is five star rated on the most trusted software evaluation site Top Salon Software for 2016 | Reviews to Find Software

Lynn F.

Easiest, most user friendly spa software out there!

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

I had come from a spa that used Millennium, and that was such a confusing program, and because it was installed into our mainframe, we had various problems and times when we were without service. It was also impossible to log in anywhere else without using a program such as GoToMyPC, and that was an additional expense. When I left to open up my own spa in 2013, I had done some research and the did a trial of Rosy. I was instantly sold. And it just keeps getting better and better.

Pros

The ease of use, and the ability to login from home, my smart phone or tablet!

Cons

There's not much I don't like but I wish there was a way to perform both a return and a new purchase in the same transaction.

Kevin M.

Rosy is my Assistant

Reviewed on 30/11/2021

I could operate without Rosy, but why would I do that? It makes my life easier and my clients love it. I have been a loyal user since 2009.

Pros

I love the ease of use. The ongoing updates and added features. My clients love the ease of scheduling online and the confirmation system has made my life so much easier.

Cons

I would love to see a “discount all” feature for retail instead of being forced to discount one item at a time.

Sarah C.

Great System

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

My salon has used Rosy for 7 years now. We've enjoyed it from the beginning, but over the years several updates have made it run even smoother. It keeps up organized and running smooth!

Pros

It has all the features I need to capture client information and formulas. The easy to pull up client history is also great.

Cons

From the perspective of a 2 person salon the cost is a bit high.

Melissa S.

Great program for the Money.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017

Rosy has been an affordable option for my salon for scheduling and tracking. They are always updating and improving the program.

I look forward to many more options w them as they constantly improve their company!

Backed up in the cloud
Remote access

Cons

Sometimes the upgrades arent an upgrade w changes- but we adapt

Zac M.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

The Rosy Salon program and staff are easy to work with. They are prompt with responses. The system is fairly easy to use and learn. The staff helps you upload any kind of information possible that you had on a previous system. We are more than a regular salon and it fits our needs just great.

Pros

Very easy to use, and it is all online so i can check and make changes anywhere.

Cons

There are a few restrictions in comparison to other programs.

Korey B.

Love this Software!!

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

From the very start, Rosy's customer service reps have been so helpful! Always available via email and phone, made transitioning from our old software super easy! Love that they transfer the information for you. Great software - covers a multitude of tasks, reports, etc... Overall, a tremendous value. I only wish I would have found this years ago!!!

Pros

Ease of functionality, cloud based, great customer service

Colleen B.

Rosy Review 2017

Reviewed on 28/02/2017

I have had nothing but great luck with Rosy. If I have a problem I contact them, they're response time is almost immediatly. Very user friendly!!

Pros

Very user friendly, can access from any mobile device.

Cons

Wish it had more categories pre installed for professional inventory counts., Also wish you could imput color formulas and it would subtract from inventory.

Alisha H.

Rosy is the best!

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Salon Fusion started using Rosy about 18 months ago. We had tried 2 other programs before switching. Rosy is by far the simplest and most effective program for our salon! The customer service is top notch!

Pros

It is so easy to use and offers all the reports we need.

Cons

It glitches from time to time.

Beth L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Happy with some aspects but still waiting on reports promised day 1 - still waiting.....

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

Pros

Happy with text and email confirmations, fairly easy transition from previous software. Basic customer service is responsive for the most part.

Cons

Asked about 2 specific reports before purchasing product, promised they could create them no problem, still waiting almost 1 year later, they say they cannot give us a date when they will be done, one is for tax reporting. No apologies just told 'in development' then told nothing is worked on during Nov & Dec - so don't have issued during those 2 months. Not flexible for building or customizing reports that exist. Having issues with server but they cannot tell us if it is their issue or ours and we cannot have people kicked off mid appointment or mid check out. Booking multiple services are challenging and have to be booked separate.

Response from Floydware

Thank you Beth (and your team) for working with us to address your reporting concerns. With the changes released a couple months ago, we understand your process is much smoother. Please feel free to contact support with any issues going forward. Thanks again - Jim.

Cara K.

Great Software

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

As a wig salon working with many cancer patients, Rosy software helps us keep up to date information on our clients. From appointments to invoices and orders Rosy is very easy to use.

Pros

Cons

Back dating receipts

Jennifer W.

Love this program!

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

The online booking has been a lifesaver for me. Since it is just me in the business i was finding it had to return all my calls at the end of the day. With online booking my clients can have the ease to see what times are available that work for them!

Pros

Online booking

Cons

It used to be difficult to use on my smart phone but since the update its much easier

Lori N.

Best thing I ever did for my Salon !

Reviewed on 12/09/2014

I have an eight chair salon although not very big, it still can get quite confusing at the front desk. Rosy simplified everything for us and it's so easy to install the initial information and very easy to maneuver around the site. What I love too is that every time I need help someone at Rosy is always there to happily help me through it! Keeping up with retail sales, inventory, clients purchasing history, that is a bonus. It's very rare to have no shows now with Rosy's email and text conformation our clients love it! No more double booking all the information you need is at your fingertips, and you can see it from anywhere as long as you have the internet! Best thing I ever did for my salon!

Fred K.

Features and value

Reviewed on 13/07/2014

We needed a scalable, full featured, web based salon management package for our salon. Mobile and tablet access is excellent! Being a booth rental salon, multiple merchant accounts were a must. We found all of this in Rosy. It is quite possibly the easiest appointment creation I've ever seen and a beautiful scheduler as well. So many 'full featured' packages that offer things you want like online customer scheduling and text msg./email reminders are not specialized for the salon industry. This is not the case for Rosy. Highly customizable and simple to use, we are very happy with our choice. These guys know what they are doing. We highly recommend Rosy salon software.

Cricket L.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Easy to work with

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

Pros

Being able to have it on the stylist phones and text message reminder appointments. The Format it is easier to use and user friendly

Cons

Did not transfer appointments that I had in my old software and I had to create all new services for each stylist

Natalia B.

Rosy software has been a great addition to my business.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016

I love using Rosy software! I was looking for a salon software to make my business more efficient and after an extensive research and trials, I decided to give Rosy a try. I've been using it since June 20014 and have been very happy with it. My clients love having the option to schedule and manage their appointment online, which saves me a lot of time. Rosy has been tremendously helpful with managing and growing my business.

Jennifer C.

Love Rosy!

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

I researched a ton of salon softwares and rosy was the only one that did everything I needed for a great price. I highly recommend!

Pros

Text and email reminders, lots of qays to customize the look and functionality, integrated marketing tools.

Cons

Too many clicks when checking someone out.

Miranda O.
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used for 1-5 months

Rosy is the best

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

My overall experience of rosy is amazing! I love it and recommend anyone try it out in the beauty business!

Pros

Rosy is THE go to and must have for salon and spa owners!! It makes scheduling a breeze and offers you so much more! If you're in the biz then give it a go! Affordable pricing for such an amazing opportunity!

Cons

There is nothing about this that I didn't like, I think it is fantastic!!

Kevin R.

Works perfectly, customers love it.

Reviewed on 16/07/2014

We've been getting a ton of business from Rosy. Their online booking allows our customers to conveniently book an appointment without calling in, and when we're closed.
It does everything we need it to, while maintaining a very simple and easy to use interface.
Kevin Raheja
-Owner, 331 Salon (Minneapolis)

Kathleen H.

Rosy salon and spa

Reviewed on 18/11/2014

Rosy is a very easy program to learn and use.
It Sticks to the Kiss theory, Keep it Simple, yet it contains everything you need.
The support has also been very helpful, from upload of information to online scheduling.
Definitely one of the best!
I would give it 5 stars all around.

Karen K.

Awsome!

Reviewed on 14/07/2014

I have been with Rosy since the beginning. Jim Bower takes his company very seriously and continuously updates and improves his site. Customer service is outstanding. Thanks for providing a great service.

Shari G.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Reviewed on 29/09/2015

Rosy salon software is very user friendly and they offer wonderful customer service! It works perfectly for my full service salon and spa and I can't imagine the workplace without it!

Pamela S.

3yrs with rosy

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

Happy with improvements for mobile.
I think it's a bit expensive all around although I have not looked into other companies.