Slidebean

David L.
  • Used for 2+ years

Spice Up Your Presentation Slide

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

I use Slidebean to prevent the others from using my slide if I email it to them.

Pros

- simple to use
- ready templates to speed up or inspire your slide design process.
- sharing with the option to lock with a password so you can track who has viewed your slide
- analytic although pretty redundant to me. Maybe someone else will find it useful.
- lately they have added in A.I functionality to spice up your presentation

Cons

Hmm... I have a strange love-hate feeling towards this app. On one hand, it feels simple to use but on the other, I blame it for not having enough flexibility. Once you have chosen a template, there really isn't much room inside for you to play with. So ended up you'll feel like there are a few slides having the layout you like while another few only so so. Because I need to put in a lot of graphic in my presentation, I hope to see more options for showcasing those graphics. The team need to increase their template options to cater for people that have different needs instead of focusing on Startup Pitch Deck only.

Response from Slidebean

Hi David, thanks for your honest review. This is going to help us improve Slidebean.

Jerry S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used for 2+ years

excellent and portable web based presentation tool

Reviewed on 07/08/2020

excellent way to make your presentations look great, but also be web based and usable anywhere.

Pros

If you need to do a presentation, but aren't sure if the audience will have a compatible software program, but know they will have access to a modern web browser, slidebean can be an invaluable tool. Presentations are very easy to create and are hosted by slidebean. They can be played back through a web-browser (you just need the address for the presentation). The presentations look great and are easy to deploy

Cons

I didn't have any problems creating or deploying a presentation. I am not aware of any negatives in using this software.

• Used for 6-12 months

Really easy-to-use alternative to PowerPoint

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

You can instantly apply design changes across the full presentation and continue to do so, until you find a design which is a good fit for you. Also the native image bank is a big plus.

Cons

I can't think of anything which I don't like. Only, if you need to control and edit every single bit of your graphic elements, then SlideBean will not be for you.

Jose 'caya' C.

Reviewed on 18/05/2016

Ayomide I.

Awesome templates and designs

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

To create presentations it takes very less minutes. Useful in creating awesome, eye catching business or acedemic presentation.

Pros

It's useful and saves alot of time. Simple and easy to use. It has awesome templates use for making good presentations.

Cons

Honestly, I don't dislike it except for that the premium are a little bit pricey. Android app should be created.

Response from Slidebean

Hey Ayomide, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Monica G.

Easy to create good looking presentations

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

I don't have to worry about the design anymore, the slides always look great. It's easy for my whole team to make changes and transform the presentations in very few time.

Pros

Usability
Design
Versatility
Efficiency

Lindy R.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Great presentation templates

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Pros

I love the templates they have set up for different types of presentations. They all look very slick and professional.

Cons

I found that adding or subtracting from a template meant I had to find a way to change the slides so they continued in the colour order. Sometimes the colours weren't there.

Alex H.

Reviewed on 23/06/2017

AI powered slide creator

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

Pros

Slidebean is a complete slideshow maker that helps you build stunning presentations from scratch or edit existing ones using a beautiful & an intuitive drag & drop editor. You can get your slideshows from idea to completion in minutes. I like that it has 2 parts, the content part and the design part. You just enter all the information and visuals and get your design. "Arrange with AI" button rearranges the slides automatically if you want another layout options. Really impressive.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Melanie E.

This Has Become My Go To Tool for Pitch Decks

Reviewed on 06/04/2019

The quality of the appearance of our pitch decks has improved 200%. And while it's what you say in that pitch that matters most first impressions and apparences count and the fact the agency has won jobs over bigger companies has at least a little to do with this.

Pros

Pitches are a part of daily life for my agency, and although over the years we have tried a number of pitch deck softwares when I found Slidebean I haven't used anything else since. It's hard to pick a best feature. It's not a steep learning curve to begin using it successfully, the design templates are great and the customer service is fantastic. A favorite tool for sure.

Cons

There's nothing to not like here. If you need to present pitch decks and do not maintain a full time design department to do it for you then this is the best tool out there.

Response from Slidebean

Melanie thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are more than happy to know that you found value in Slidebean.
We wish you the best!

The fastest way to create a deck

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

It works great. As you start to use it more, you will fall in love with it.

Pros

- Ease of use
- They have intelligently separated out design from the content. You write your content at one place and Slidebean automagically creates a unique design for you based on that content.
- Present on the web itself.
- Send ppt as a web link which removed the need for a compatible version of ppt on the recipient machine.

Cons

Frankly nothing. They can do with more templates.

Joby I.

Great place to create and host your pitch decks

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

The site has lots of templates including copies of the decks that companies like airbnb used to raise finance.
You can also create your own from scratch, the system is very easy to use so you can have a great looking deck up and running very quickly.
They also offer great tracking to see who is opening the deck how many views it getting etc. all hosted online.

Cons

My only criticism is that I would like more flexibility of the modifications I can make to a slide on the site. You do have the option of creating something in power point and keynote and uploading it, but it would be good to have that power online.

Don D.

I suck at design but you wouldn't know that with Slidebean

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Easy to learn tool that allows me to write great content while they take care of the design. I spend much less time on my decks now and end up with a higher quality result. Huge library of templates and content for your decks. Their chat support is great as well!

Pros

Value to me. Time savings and quality of the finished product.

Cons

It's buggy sometimes but what startup app isn't?

Julian J.

Best Presentation App out there!

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

Slidebean is super easy to use! It helped me create awesome looking presentations for my startup! Great customer success team! Never using PowerPoint again!

Awesome looking presentation
Great Design Team
Great Customer Success team
Great Pricing

Cons

Nothing

Jackson C.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great slide sharing/pitching/presentation software

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

I picked this up on a lifetime deal from AppSumo in 2016, figuring I'd need it someday. That day finally came this year (2019) and I'm glad I invested in it to "future-proof" my business. The software seems much improved from the time it launched. I had no problems learning and using it, and I'm not much of a techie, so that's a good sign anyone can quickly master Slidebean.

Pros

This was easy to learn software that creates nice-looking, professional slides. It includes a library of animated GIFs, color palettes, pitch templates, and royalty-free stock photos to jazz your slides up.

Cons

I have not had any real problems with this software yet.

Response from Slidebean

Hi Jackson, we are so glad to know that we were able to bring value to you. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Cheers,

Slidebean Team

Joshua S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great start but too buggy for real use

Reviewed on 12/07/2017

Pros

Easy quick and beautiful. Great starter templates and color themes. Love the icon library and the simple intuitive UI.

Cons

Too many small frustrations. Moving my entire layout when I add a content block. Pushing the title or other blocks off canvas so they have to be deleted and recreated. Buggy content editors causing me to have to input text over and over again. Things not saving, or overwriting other content blocks when making selections.

Karol M.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Slidebean is Awesome!

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

I began using slidebean for all my presentations a time ago, and it is great. My presentations are creative, unique, and professional . Just Great!!!

Pros

It is easy to use and helps me creating best presentation with enough text, great images and so on.

Cons

I really like it!

Justin T.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Awesome product, works for Fuddar

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Slidebean's intuitive presentation engine is fantastic to use. I was able to create Fuddar's MVP presentation using one of their templates. Fantastic customer support and agile company!

Pros

Great templates, ease of use

Cons

Mobile compatibility

Paulo A.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Reviewed on 18/02/2019

Pip Q.

Continued to charge after cancelling

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

I canceled my subscription in September last year which was acknowledged by then but they continued to charge me monthly until June this year. I received only a partial refund (3months) and am still trying to recoup the remaining 6 months worth of subs. It was so disappointing. So far it's been a wall of silence.

Pros

The product is fantastic . It was a little expensive and I wasn't using it as much as I should have, so I ended up cancelling.

Cons

Would have preferred my colour choices for the presentations

Joshua V.

Slidebean is like power point, only beautiful and engaging enough to make people stick around.

Reviewed on 28/06/2021

The business problem I'm solving with Slidebean is how to make visually boring presentations much more energetic, and interesting. So far Slidebean is the best solution i've found that can do this. If they focus more on webinars they will be perfect.

Pros

What I love most about Slidebean is how beautiful, and interesting it makes your presentations look like. When you need to keep people engaged for 30 minutes, or 1 hour you need your slides to look as interesting and desirable as possible. Powerpoint simply won't do anymore. One look at Slidebean's youtube channel will show you just how engaging Slidebean presentations really are. They dogfood their product to a highly effective degree.

Cons

What I like least about this software, is there isn't enough documentation or tools to make using Slidebean extremely easy with Zoom webinars. It seems to focus mostly on pitching to VC's to get funding as a Startup company. However, I don't think most businesses are in that position. They should focus new features on making webinars easier to rollout.

George G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Give it some time for you to shed your .ppt-thinking. Then you'll like it!

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

It's really quite good! I have made my last few marketing decks in Slidebean (replacing Keynote which replaced powerpoint) and have been very happy.

THe ability to share a link instead of a file means there's nothing to download which is something that frightens customers today.

Pros

You can make beautiful slides that are nicely formatted and have carefully chosen color schemes. At first it seems too limiting, but once you get the hang of the approach you'll find it very useful and easy.

Cons

I'm not crazy about the presentation experience... it builds one element per click -- I'd like to move along at 1 page per click. I'm worried that customers will get bored and abandon...

Edwin S.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used for 1-5 months

Sleek and breathy slides; it separates content from design and eliminates the huge learning...

Reviewed on 28/07/2018

It does the thinking for me in terms of design and formatting, and that is where a lot of time was wasted when I created slides. And I don't need to spend extra time learning what a huge range of tools does when it's done for me automatically in the background.

Pros

I've used the classic PowerPoint for many years and I still use that at time for particular reasons when I need hefty presentations rich in facts and figures. But more often than not, I need sleek and breathy slides that showcases tastefully 1 or 3 points per slide. I find Slidebean to do a neat job at separating content from design. Unlike what I was used to previously and that was tons of tools and a huge learning curve, Slidebean's design and formatting is automated and can be tweaked quickly. Since the end result doesn't require perfection, I'm rather grateful with the automation features as I don't have to be too creative myself and I can rather cherry pick the suggestions I'm offered.

Cons

It works for me. No hiccups there. Tweaking and editing just takes getting used to, but I knew what my expectations were when I went in, and they were met.

Response from Slidebean

Edwin thanks for your review, we are glad you found Slidebean useful. We have something new coming in the nexts days. We'll keep you posted.

Heath H.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Enhance your Pitch Deck and make your slides more visually striking.

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

Pros

I'm not the most "design" skilled person, one thing i struggle with is making presentations really pop and look striking or complex.

Slidebean has really helped bring my presentations to life once i have all the data, text and graphs imported. If you are in a creative field (or presenting to a creative business) then Slidebean saves time on the visual aspect of your slide deck and makes sure it's more appealing for viewers.

I like that it's intergrated with Powerpoint and Google Slides, not just their own platform - that way people think you designed everything yourself!

Cons

Nothing i disliked, but maybe they could integrate with more tools in future? If they could get skilled and help out with Prezi or Canva presentation, even though they are competitors, it would be fantastic. AS the downside to those other tools if the fact there's very little help and support. Slidebean on the other hand is very personal and supportive.

Paola S.

Never looked better

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

I have to send presentations to my customers weekly and this tool has saved me around 1 day A WEEK of work, nobody knows it takes me minutes to put up a report way better looking than my coworkers

Pros

All resources are there, I don't have to go hunting for images or icons.

Cons

It sometimes has a hiccup when working in the collaboration mode (two people editing the same presentation)

Response from Slidebean

Soo happy to hear that Slidebean has saved you time :) We are currently working to improve the collaboration mode <3 so stick around :D