Ecwid

Write a Review!
eCommerce software for mobiles, websites and social media

4.3/5

Christopher
Christopher
  • Industry: Design

Best fit for an eCommerce solution

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

I needed a way to sell my products internationally and have the eCommerce side be handled in a professional and reliable and secure way and Ecwid gave me exactly what I wanted and needed.

Pros

Ecwid was recommended to me by a friend and it was the best decision I ever made in terms of an eCommerce solution. As an artist and designer who wanted to have a versatile and customizable store front on my websites, Ecwid fulfilled all my needs. Beyond this tho, Ecwid allowed me to connect my Square readers payments seamlessly, and I have to say that their customer service is very good. It should be noted too that as of Fall 2019 Ecwid recently updated a variety of things and boosted their quality and features quite significantly! Ecwid has always been the perfect fit for me since I started using it several years ago, and now it just got even better. I could go on and on about all the great aspects from shipping settings, to the new instant storefront, but I invite you to go check it out for yourself!

Cons

The only negative I might say about Ecwid is that there can be some restrictions when trying to integrate your sales channels into Facebook and Instagram. Additionally, sometimes the CSR you get via online chat (which IS convenient, I must say) doesn't have a legitimate knowledge of all aspects of Ecwid, so it's a bit hit and miss in that sense.

Edward

Shopify is too big for it's britches, use Ecwid

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

So far so good

So far so good

Pros

You can get up and running on Ecwid with a "Free Forever" account. This will only allow you 10 items to sell but as a start this is well enough. Other platforms will offer a 30 day trial but then you need to pay to continue.

Cons

Most of the best features have to be paid for. Will probably do soon as the pricing plans seem reasonable and the options (selling on Facebook and Instagram) seem to be worth it.

Squarespace and BigCommerce

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

This was much easier to get up and running than Shopify. After comparing a dozen platforms once we needed to exit Shopify, Ecwid was the easy and best choice for us. Shopify did not stand behind a fraudulent purchase. Don't know yet, and hope we don't find out, how Ecwid will stand behind us as a seller and customer.

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid

Totally free to have 10 products forever. Once we have consistency in selling off Ecwid there is no doubt we will pay for more products and extras.

Easy To Use - Hard To Customize

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

ECWID makes ecommerce a lot easier than normal which is great for smaller businesses and boutique shops. It allows for a cost effective alternative to the more expensive companies out there.

Pros

This software is easy to teach and can be used on any device. When showing my clients of multiple ages how to add new products and keep inventory they catch on easy. You can integrate your store on different platforms like Adobe Muse, Wix, Wordpress etc. Or create your own generic store using their store builder. There are more options for product variations than most other programs out there.

Cons

Unfortunately customizing your store look is very complicated. You need to have some level of coding to do so or you have to hire a designer to do it for you. The main downside is it doesnt work well if you want to use it or a restaurant. Food options, layout, mixed with customizability does cause an issue in the food industry.

Jack of all trades, master of none

Reviewed on 20/02/2021

We are implementing it for several clients that need a functional ecommerce site with zero to minimal maintenance or with a do it yourself type of philosophy. Not much to say about it.

Pros

Ecwid is a robust platform for the newcomer with pretty much everything streamlined to get your website up and running in no time.

Cons

Ecwid might make you have a website up and running in no time but that means it is going to look like a template available to anybody, so you might end up having a copycat website somewhere. For seasoned developers/designers this is not your platform.

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid

We did not choose Ecwid over anyone as we are using several platforms including Ecwid.
Nigel Masimba
Nigel Masimba
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Syncronise Your Inventory Accross Multiple Platfoms

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Overally, positive. I managed to set it up easily on my website and do a test purchase within an hour. Ecwid is a breeze and I wonder why it isn't more popular, especially among non-technical users.

Pros

Can connect multiple content management systems, social media stores and other platforms and manage your inventory and sales from one dashboard.
It has a free tier so you can get started without any additional expenses for up-to 10 products.
Well documented developer resources for custom integrations.
It uses a fixed monthly subscription and there are no transaction fees, so the more you sell the higher your profits.
No coding skills needed to set up and no need for entering API keys or unique pins or any of that. Ecwid automatically connects the store using your email address.

Cons

The free tier has very limited features. You can only connect an online store and no other platforms.
If you decide to discontinue using Ecwid, it may be challenging to find an alternative as there are few other platforms that provide a similar service for synchronizing inventory across platforms.
Depending on your country you may need to build a custom payment gateway integration to accept local payments.
For the free version, styling is not flexible. However you can manually style your website store with som custom CSS.
It added a store link to the navigation menu of my website without asking, and then when I deactivated the plugin, the (broken) store link remained behind.

PrestaShop , BigCommerce and Shopify

WooCommerce
Leia
Leia
  • Industry: Restaurants

Best Online Shopping Cart System

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

I've been with ecwid for years. It has been a great experience and easy to use. I started with the free version and as my business continues to grow I've upgraded my account twice to have access to features that grown my business even more.

Pros

I love the ease of tracking orders on my phone. I love that I can edit items on my phone and they will automatically be updated on my website. I love that the shopping cart system is easy to use for customers and if they abandon a cart they receive email reminders and sometimes coupon incentives to check out.

Cons

I do not love the lack of integration with my payanywhere payment system. so i have to do 2 separate accounting. . . but they do intergrate with clover which i no longer have.

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid

less expensive and offered more features
Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara

Maximize Your Online Sales with Ecwid

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Overall, Ecwid is a solid choice for businesses looking to create and manage an online store. Its user-friendly interface and wide range of features make it easy to set up and manage an online store, while its integrations with popular payment gateways and social media platforms provide a convenient and effective way to promote and sell products and services online. However, it may not be the best choice for businesses with very large product catalogs or those looking for a particularly fast and efficient platform.

Pros

One of the main pros of Ecwid is its user-friendliness and versatility. The platform is easy to use. It allowed us to create and manage an online store quickly and efficiently. It also offers a wide range of customizable templates and design options. Because of that we were able to create a visually appealing and professional-looking store. Another pro is the platform's integrations with popular payment gateways and social media platforms, such as PayPal and Facebook. So it was easy to accept payments and promote our products and services online. Ecwid also offers advanced security measures to protect customer data and ensure secure transactions.

Cons

Ecwid may not be suitable for businesses with very large product catalogs, as it can be resource-intensive and may require additional server resources to handle the load. Our company had already faced this issue. Other than that, everything is fine with Ecwid.

Bev
Bev

The support/customer service is second to none

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

ECWID tailored a code for me last year, so I could produce special discounts and this was a good experience not just for me, but more importantly for my customers. I have received many compliments on my store from my regulars.

Pros

It's simple to understand when you start, and then quick and easy to update. Sometimes there's a new technical thing I want to try and when I don't have time, I go on chat. They answer fast and have always been able to help - they know what they're talking about and make me feel valued. Also there's a lot in their app market that's really useful - integration with mail-chimp for instance, is great.

Cons

Nothing really. If I don't understand I go to chat and get help. The only thing would be I wish chat was available at the weekend as that's often when I have the most time to updated my services.

Gentian

Affordable and handy

Reviewed on 24/11/2023

Ecwid "tour de force" stays in its ability to be easy-to-manage software, while being at an affordable price.

Pros

Ecwid is a handy and very easy-to-manage software. It gives you the ability to switch easily from a CRM inventory to a more design-specific function. It's affordable and a must for most e-commerce stores.

Cons

What I didn't like about Ecwid is its exclusive Paying Card management by Stripe, which, by the way, is not available in most countries. That's need to be improved.

Brendan

Ecwid Review

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

Pros

The ease of being able to customize your personal online shop

Cons

Lots of extra buttons that seem unnecessary

Hester
  • Industry: Government Relations

Ecwid Reviews - What to know!

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Overall, Ecwid deserves special mention for its fully free plan and extensive multilingual selling capabilities. When it comes to SEO, though, there is some room for improvement. Ecwid is a simple, powerful way to add ecommerce capabilities to an existing website or to set up an online store on a Facebook page or other social media platform. There are better solutions available if you're constructing a separate site — I'd recommend Shopify or BigCommerce — but Ecwid does exactly what it says on the tin: it allows you to simply add ecommerce to any website. Ecwid is an excellent choice for small businesses since it is simple to use, offers a comprehensive set of ecommerce functionality, and is competitively priced.

Pros

Multi-currency selling is simple to set up (although you will need to pay for an app to do so). You won't have to worry about manually setting up state tax or VAT rules because tax rates are applied automatically. Ecwid can be easily integrated with major content management systems using plugins and apps. Ecwid offers a completely free plan that includes a lot of useful features. It allows you to have many language versions of your store. All plans have real-time carrier quoting capabilities. It allows you to have many language versions of your store. Ecwid is an easy method to integrate ecommerce into any current website. Point-of-sale capability is available and can be implemented in a variety of ways.

Cons

The SEO features might be improved. Ecwid does not allow you to generate AMP versions of product pages. While beneficial, the Instant Site feature is not a replacement for a fully-specked standalone store. Only the most expensive options include phone support. Only iOS devices are compatible with the mobile POS integrations. You can't use any of the SEO capabilities in the free version. While the multi-currency capabilities is generally good, the local currency is not displayed at the last level of checkout. In the Ecwid App store, there are a limited amount of apps and integrations. Product variants are not available on the free or entry-level plans.

Angel

An integrated and secure system to enable everyone to trade online with ease

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Ecwid has simplified all stages of publishing products, receiving orders and payments with ease and efficiency, and has enabled us to continue adding new products as well as smoothly modifying designs, images and accompanying information. Indeed, Ecwid and through its amazing capabilities enabled us to own an outstanding online store and helped us expand our customer base and increase sales as well.

Pros

I really appreciate how simple Ecwid is and how quickly you learn the right way to use it effectively. Ecwid enables us to create an integrated online store, and also provides a large number of suggestions and templates to enable the user to design his store in the appropriate manner, so that he can add images, information, contact data, product prices and payment methods, in addition to the facilities it provides to store customers during their purchases. . Indeed, with Ecwid and at the appropriate prices for the services it provides, users can develop their online stores without the need to use programming consultants or help applications, as the support provided by Ecwid will help to overcome any problem that users may face at all stages.

Cons

I haven't experienced any distasteful things regarding its great potential to help set up online stores with minimal costs. But when we need to integrate it with one of the marketing platforms, we find it difficult and we need to complete this process for auxiliary applications, which becomes costly. I want improvements in this area so that we can market our store properly and at a low cost.

Shakthivijayan
  • Industry: Medical Devices

A very good E-commerce platform

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

I am able to get all my orders on one platform. I can track my customers later.

I am able to get all my orders on one platform. I can track my customers later.

Pros

Easy to use. The free store option is possible for life long if you have got less than ten products. This free feature nobody offers. Customer service is very good. We can customize the software with a price though. There are additional apps to help us with a few things. I am satisfied with the software even though it's not 100% perfect. That's only because of the nature of business changes for every company.

Cons

There are a few. But still, the software is usable and good. Sometimes the software loads slowly in mobile phones and I feel it's a and network issue.
Once I update a paid order, this would not show when and what time the update was made. SImilarly for any updated crucial step, this software would not show.
The change inside the order, for example, adding a product or deleting a product won't automatically calculate the taxes. We have to manually redo the calculation for all the products in the order. Customizations are not very cheap and very few free apps to integrate. Overall the cost may increase if you need a lot of additional apps.
For example, an e-commerce website will definitely need to ship in most cases. So creating a shipping label should be an integral part of any e-commerce website. I am not sure only Ecwid does not have it or no websites have it. But an e-commerce website should have it. I feel it now after using a website.

Steven
Steven
  • Industry: Design

Very nice online store but there is room for improvement.

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

Overall, Ecwid is a very nice store that allows a lot of customization. For some of the changes, I needed to contact support and change some CSS code to make it work but in the end, it is a very nice store. I looked into and tried Shopify in the past but very quickly realized this was not as easy as Ecwid for me.

Pros

I really enjoy the user experience as a whole. It is very simple to understand and get a store up and running. I use a built-in Ecwid plugin for a Duda website-building platform. So, it is like a 3rd party Ecwid store. Because of this, there are a few features that are missing but overall, you can still build a very nice online store. The framework and layouts are very easy to understand and use as well as you are able to customize many things on each page. The catalog page, single item page, checkout, and more.

Cons

One of my clients is a greenhouse and they have around 2,000 products. Until recently, there was no way to bulk change pricing or other features for select products which was a pain to have to change every product individually. Ecwid has made an update so this is possible which has saved about an hour of clicking and pasting which is awesome. However, there is still room for improvement. For example, there are additional buying options for some products, such as different sizes however, if you increase the price for the product but the large size/other buying options need to increase by a different size, that still has to be completed manually by changing each product itself which is very time-consuming. I contact support and they informed me that this could be done but I had to contact the developer and then purchase an app and pay for it monthly in order to complete this. I just needed to make this change once, so I don't want to pay monthly for something I need a couple times a year.

Steve

Shopped around for an awesome shopping provider

Reviewed on 21/10/2016

Hi, I first joined ECWID back in 2011 after shopping around and discovering their innovative approach to shopping cart software. The price is very competitive and being able to build my business across a number of different websites simultaneously by the unique ability copy and paste your shop code to any website page anywhere really won me over. Since then they have not let up with a feature set that grows and grows it seems every week. The customer service / support was always good but honestly in the last year or two has begun to astound me. My only reason for 4 stars for value for money is that some of the add-on app features that you have to pay extra for I'd like to see for free. That being said there are plenty of very very good and useful free apps. Just check out some of them out at my webstore store at www.mobilesafety.com.au :)

Pros

Loading speed. Good design. Shopping cart can be respawned anywhere easily. Ease of use & features including share buttons, shipping calculated already, easy product uploads and editing etc.

Cons

Needs a free upsell app. eBay integration is not yet available for eBay Australia. I had lots of difficulty integrating with Adwords.

Mary
  • Industry: Publishing

Insane value for the price!

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

I can set it and forget it, knowing ECWID is powering my online book sales, and I really appreciate being able to have such strong confidence in a product so crucial to my company's success.

Pros

So far, I haven't found a functionality that I want that isn't available, and I like the modularity of the software, allowing me to choose and pay only for what I need. It all works together seamlessly, and gets the job done without a lot of messing around. Plenty of options for reporting on very granular data about sales, abandoned carts, etc. as well as excellent customer support, especially in the form of regular newsletters with ideas to increase sales and just do a better job of maintaining your business all around. I especially like the way ECWID is constantly increasing functionality and offering more options to customize. This is just really good value for the money, and allows me to create a shopping experience I can be proud of.

Simone

Fantastic Shopping Cart

Reviewed on 24/10/2016

When offering paypal buttons for items on my website became too fiddly to work with, I researched shopping cart options that easily integrated with multiple websites and Facebook, and after trialling a few, decided that ecwid suited my purposes best. I haven't looked back!

Ecwid has hands down been the easiest, most intuitive shopping cart system to work with. The interface is excellent - for the most part it is clear where to find what you need, and if you do need extra help, the Support pages tend to answer anything you need to know, and there is an online forum for help from the developers.

New features are constantly being rolled out, which keeps making it better and better. I absolutely recommend ecwid to anyone looking for an easy-to-use, cost effective and feature-rich shopping cart.

Pros

Very clean, intuitive interface.

Cons

Too few options for shipping for individual products - I'd like to be able to customise what options are available, and restrict locations some items can be shipped, rather than everything using the same global options.

Mike
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Ecwid helped us through the holidays

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

Ecwid helped us get through the holiday season, but I wouldn't expect us to be with Ecwid a year from now. I'm still looking for a comprehensive solution for our event driven business.

Pros

We're a paint and sip business and previously sold admission through Ticket Tailor. We switched to Ecwid before the holidays because it integrated with Wix, processed payment through our POS systeym/merchant service provider (Clover Flex/EPI) and integrated with a digital gift card application (GiftUp). It was relatively easy to onboard and use so far.

Cons

For our business model, it would suit us better if Ecwid had an event arm, or similar functionality. We've had to list our events as products, which works okay, but not great. It would be helpful if the products would expire and disable in the store at a set time (at the beginning of our events). The digital gift cards are slightly disappointing because our customers are unable to use a digital gift card and a promo code on the same transaction. Effectively that penalizes them if they have a digital gift card.

Lauri
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A New and Creative Business Journey with Ecwid at the Helm, Driving My Dreams.

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

TBA

TBA

Pros

Allows me to have total control over options, and showcased on a beautifully organized product page, easy for customers to read and choose options. And we have choices of layouts, and we have codes to help us customize.
The customer service is awesome. I have nothing to judge it against except (very good Everweb ). I know nothing about an e-commerce store. First the videos....most are clear, step by step directives anyone can follow, and anything I don't understand, those who solve all of our problems are spot on with your needs. I barely know what I'm saying at all and they send me to the right place.
I receive instant replies, and I'm truly good to go. Ever person I contacted was just as knowledgable, kind, and helpful as the next. I don't mind paying a it more for that kindness and patience, oh that patience, and compassion.
So the cost for a year of guidance and nice extras, apps, and such, especially the shopping APP, I can offer my customers.
I am new and I have so much to learn yet. But I'm confident that with rep, I will share with the world.
Thank you rep. I appreciate your love for everything as well.

Cons

Nothing so far. You have fixed everything I could not find. I believe I've been able to learn very quickly with all the learning tools and rep has to offer. Any new tools take time. My vocabulary keeps me on a bit of a longer search right now, but as I go I grow. Thank you again.

Justin

An Excellent, Light-Weight Shopping Cart Tool

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

Our organization chose Ecwid after much shopping around. We needed to deploy a shopping cart quickly that would allow us to sell a handful of products. The trick for us was that we also needed to integrate the cart into our highly-customized website and into our contact database systems. Using Zapier and few small tweaks to the widget code, we were able to accomplish all of the above on schedule. It has been a wonderful tool for our needs.

Pros

Incredibly intuitive and easy to use and implement. Lots of out of the box widgets, styling and customization options. An extremely good value for the money.

Cons

Does not have all the bells and whistles of a more robust shopping cart solutions, however, I think this should only be a deal breaker for larger organizations or sites that need to manage more than a couple hundred of products. I also think that some of its export functionality leaves much to be desired, namely that it doesn't include Auth.net purchase IDs in the export, but we've been able to work around it.

heather

Great for Seasonal business, Highly customizable products, handmade products

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

Pros

I've been using for 5 years. unlimited product options for product customizations. You can add LOTS of product photos to each product. FREE FOREVER, not just a free trial. So you can test it out for free for as long as it takes you to learn. You can upgrade and downgrade your plan whenever you want and as often as you want so it's perfect for a seasonal business. The BEST solution I have found for a handmade business. Using WP plugin currently and have also used imbedded on other platforms.

Cons

I have found minor hiccups with WP plugin. But usually I could work around. The WP plugin will slow load time of your site. Support has worked good for me but I wish they were a little more responsive.

Amber

I love Ecwid!

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Fantastic! One of the best shopping carts I have ever used. My all around experience with them has been great.

Pros

What is not to like? I can chat with tech support anytime and they are all incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. They send me links to directions on how to accomplish the task I am working on and email me screenshots so I can make sure I am in the same area as they are. We have Ecwid on multiple websites and it works great just going to one shopping cart to make price changes, etc and it is carried over to all of our websites. I haven't yet come across anything that I needed Ecwid to do that it could not do.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Hope
Hope
  • Industry: Food Production

Ecwid is great for large shopping cart needs

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Good to great, I use it every day and am basically happy with it since I can fix/add/remove any item I am selling easily from anywhere. My website integrates with it well, which means my clients can buy items pretty easily via Ecwid.

Pros

I have a lot of items to sell - cookies, bars, pies, cheesecakes - and I can put them all up for sale on Ecwid. I and my staff can put the items online to sell, make changes, add shipping options, etc. Very user friendly.

Cons

I want more options, like shipping costs/prices, to be put in there. Automatic handling fee and the like.

I want to get more reports out of their system and have them be downloaded into Quickbooks.

Gregory
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Ecwid Just Works

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

I run a restaurant directory site. The billing for the membership is handled through the website. However, there was no way to charge any onboarding fees, extra-advertising fees, etc. I was able to add another page with the Ecwid product. This was a very quick fix that does everything I needed it to do.

Pros

The software "just works." It's super easy to set up. Very easy to integrate with my Stripe account. Changes, additions, subtractions, etc are very intuitive.

Cons

There isn't really anything I don't like about the software. If anything, I was a little annoyed by the email follow-up campaign. Not that there was anything inherently "wrong" with it. It would be very helpful for someone who did not know at all where to start or where to go with the product. All that said, this was not a real issue. I simply unsubscribed from the emails and went on.

Shana

It allowed me to showcase my business in several different areas of the web:
ECWID store
Facebook
Also my personal store
Integrates with my payment acceptance company
allows me to display my products the way I envision them to be displayed to the public

Pros

No issues or glitches
Solid Build
Store Design Variations
Awesome Customer Support
Well documented guides to read and learn from
Fairly easy to learn and use
Continuous Improvement Updates
Positive Messages and Blogs
Offers a free version
Payment Options Avaliable
No Contracts
Seems to cater more to start-ups and small business owners that do not require all the fancy, expensive software to run their business.

Cons

Themes are Pricey
I'm not fond of the Product qty limitations
We all want "More for your Money" deals