PaySimple

Payments today. Partners for Tomorrow.

4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.5/5

Brian Del Terzo

The BEST payment gateway on the market!

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

From customer service to our assigned customer success manager, the team is available to assist. Chat support is also available inside the gateway. They have gone above and beyond to help us with our business.

Pros

The robust features, ease of implementation, beautiful GUI layout that is easy to use and navigate. There is nothing that we need for our business, our team, and our clients that PaySimple does not accommodate.

Cons

There are still some disconnects between the contact record details and transaction records that are still coming together that would make certain customized reporting even easier.

Ty
  • Industry: Music

Paysimple was a game changer for our business!

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Paysimple solved 95% of the problems we had encountered implementing recurring billing for our business

Pros

The recurring billing makes doing business so easy. We no longer have to chase down late payments and the easy-to-use forms put our clients at ease. All the features a business needs with no frills!

Cons

An easier way to automate recurring billing from an online sales page would be very helpful

PayPal and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing PaySimple

Recurring billing was a hassle for the business and our customers using other platforms

PayPal and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

Easier to use and a much better experience for our customers
Amanda Renee
  • Industry: Government Administration

Love it!

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Pros

Very, Very Easy to Use! I love that I get sent monthly reports and can find my points of sales with ease.

Cons

Nothing really. I have not had any issues. Very simple to use.

Jed
  • Industry: Legal Services

Paysimple

Payments

Pros

Easy to set up good to use easy interface

Cons

No way to see total transactions cant set payments on days

NAKIVO Backup & Replication
Seaton
  • Industry: Executive Office

I am NOT a happy camper & I will NOT recommend PaySimple

Reviewed on 05/09/2021

Was great ... until this Covid Crisis. I now need to really watch every penny.

Pros

It is simple to set up a transaction and accepts ACH

Cons

I do not like the $50 charges per month duding Covid when my company is on the edge of failure.

I do not like the inability to change my address.

I will soon be looking for a service that does NOT charge $50 per month!

Sean

CreditSmarts Review

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Pros

Ease of use and customer portal. Albeit, the customer portal could use a few key improvements. Otherwise, great design.

Cons

There is no statement of accounts for the company to generate and email. There is no ability to auto generate invoice numbers (optional).

Nancy

PaySimple - true to name

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Overall, from set-up to going live with PaySimple, we have been very pleased with the ease of use for both our company and our customers.

Pros

The set-up process was very easy and supportive. Allowing our customers to pay online through our website has brought more traffic to our site which helps with our marketing attempts.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this time. There isn't anything negative I can share.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

We do use QBO for our bookkeeping and Payroll, however, we use PaySimple for our online payment options.
Michaela
  • Industry: Medical Devices

10 out of 10

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

We really needed a more secure way to store customer cc information and PaySimple has a beautiful system for that. It has really been a time saver having recurring billing plans set up as many of our customers are on a monthly subscription plan.
Overall 10/10, I have greatly appreciated this service and its functionality.

Pros

I have been very impressed with the ease of set up. We were set up and fully using this system within 4 days. I appreciate the quick glance reports that are found on the homepage, that indicate the our monthly sales as compared to the previous month.

Cons

I feel like refunding partial amounts is more deeply hidden in the platform than I expected it to be. (however, when I did have a question about how to do a partial refund/credit, I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I received a comprehensive answer.)

Susie

Love it!

Excellent!

Pros

It's functionality and ease of use for me and our customers. Our account rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is awesome!

Cons

I'd like the transaction reports to be editable so I can select the order they appear from left to right. Whis way I can keep all my filters but not scroll to the right to see the payment info I am looking for.

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing PaySimple

PaySimple is easier to use, has the ability for customers to enter and update their own payment information, and it was cheaper.

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

price and the ability to personalize and brand our online payment portal for customers
Ken

Okay Replacement for Quickbooks Online ACH functionality.

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Very hard time getting clearing house established. The first transaction was a large security / first / last month's rent. It took 2 weeks to FINALLY get the funds released from the clearing house. I also had not realized the extra fees charged by PaySimple for the larger transaction over 5K so was surprised there and will bill future large bills directly from QBO. Since that poor start, monthly payments have gone smoothly other than having to manually enter rent invoices for each apartment in PaySimple every month and still needing to generate monthly (unsent) invoices in QBO as the the invoices generated on PaySimple to not transfer over to QBO.

Pros

It saved me >$50 per month in a real estate setting with multiple tenants each paying >1K per month

Cons

1) There are no ways to set up automatic recurring monthly invoices. You need to duplicate existing invoices manually and change the dates.
2) If multiple payments transfer on a single day, QBO gets confused and you have to manually track down which ones paid.

Vincent

Paysimple ACH limitations - Good Customer Service

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

This questionnaire in itself is a bit misleading. Doesn't ask the appropriate questions or cover most of the products or services that pay simple actually offers.
Background to my complaint:
My company sells supports and services point of sale systems for restaurants in the hospitality segment. Our equipment is not cheap one entire system can easily run from 10 to $25,000.
The computers that we sell are $2000 each. The maximum amount of ACH debit I'm allowed per transaction is only $1500. We are required to run multiple ACH transactions for one sale, for each customer who exceeds the $1500 threshold. This is an extreme embarrassment.

Complaint:
My major point of contention with Paysimple, when we signed up with them; the sales Rep said after six-months are account can be reviewed for any risk factors and at that time the Per transaction limit of $1500 would be Increased or removed altogether.

Obviously, this is very embarrassing to explain to a customer when you have to run multiple ACH transactions when they purchase a $3200 piece of equipment from you. “What kind of Kitty clown show are you running over there Mr. Mills?” The sad answer I gave him was “The vendor I use has limitations.”

I have personally called back to Paysimple on different occasions asking for an increase or review of my account, what they want to see is my books. They're not getting my books. They have no business in my accounting.

Pros

We only use the ACH Product.
We like using the ACH product very much. Setting up recurring in ACH accounts is very easy.
Managing, suspending or terminating recurring a ACH accounts is also very easy.
Paysimple has a very good and accurate reporting system if you know how to use it.
Personally, I don't use it too often, it's was a bit confusing at first, but I was able to find my way around.
Then I called support and received some guidance.

Cons

Paysimple added an online "store" / tool / program/ app. I did not request it, yet I'm forced to pay $49 (ish) monthly for this. We get my ACH bill early in the month and latter in the month we get billed again for this online store product.

Mind, you, the store product is actually pretty nice. I'm being emotional and feel as if this was slid under the front door when I was not looking.

Sarah
  • Industry: Banking

Our Experience with PaySimple

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Overall fairly good. Lack of communication & transparency from our initial setup call to where we are now. We were never informed (or at least explicitly) that Forte would process the payments so this added some confusion. Also lack of clarity around our monthly limits (individual & collective) -- we found out in the middle of a month that we had reached our limit & had many mortgage payments pending.

Pros

Customer service is what has kept us using PaySimple. Every person that I have spoken to has gone above and beyond to help out with any issues that we have had. The platform is relatively easy to use. I like the custom invoices & receipts that are sent to clients.

Cons

Launching & integrating PaySimple has been MAJOR for us as online payments are so important in our industry and help to prevent any delays in the process as well as providing convenience to our clients. We had two issues with collecting online payments: First, we were unable to limit our ability to accept credit card payments for only one product. We are unable to accept credit cards for a mortgage payment; whereas we can accept credit card payment for appraisal, we had to turn the ability to use a CC off for any catalog product and create a form specific for appraisals. The ability to accept credit cards was all or nothing - for all products or none.

The second problem we encountered was the system's inability to accept American Express. When we turned on the feature to be able to accept credit card payments, we were uninformed that this excluded American Express. It wasn't until we had a client attempt to make a payment 10 times using an AMEX card that we realized.

Another issue that I have with this software is the confusion & lack of flexibility regarding user roles. As mentioned above, we use PaySimple to collect mortgage payments and appraisals. The department who collects each payment is different. The user who collects mortgage payments is an admin & I want her to receive all emails - however the users who send out the form to collect appraisals don't need to know about mortgage payments. I had to set them to Sales but they don't get email of payment made.

Thomas

A surprisingly useful tool for totally managing credit cards sales.

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

I manufacture, sell, and ship industrial coatings worldwide with a strong focus on the Southern states.

Pros

It works as advertised! The dashboard only focuses on the essentials you need to know about. The overall structure of the package is utterly logical. You can easily find credit card customers, easily see how much they have purchased, all of the related invoices and the crowning glory of this product is the fact it tells you when the customer actually paid and it tells you immediately. Again the Dashboard is a major feature because it not only has charts for sales but charts for whether the sale closed relative to it being "out there, unpaid". It tracks Settlement Summary, Failed Transactions, Expiring Credit Card Schedules, Recurring Payments, Invoices ( Past Due, Paid, Unpaid, Invoices Sent, and Overdue. There is a past due invoice Aging chart, Unpaid Invoice Exposure. It is very useful to be able to "eyeball" all the possible problems when you have one page showing all the sources of a crisis.
Another positive is that they deal with the Credit Card bank, thus managing security issues such that you never have to fear the dreaded "Clawback" due to your own mistakes. A neat friendly package.
I am so used to poor service from Software companies that I expect it. The service people at Paysimple are very motivated to make you happy. This tells me the management at PaySimple is strong.

Cons

I cannot think of a complaint I have had in two years of use. I wish I could to balance this report with negatives but there are none. I do wish they had a non-credit card version. Then I could lose my existing accounting package(an expensive subscription).

David

Easy to use, time saver, with some improvements requested.

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

This has allowed us to collect more payments electronically which is an option that many customers appreciate. The customer makes the choice of method of payment, and owns the associated fee if they chose to pay with credit card. We have save tens of thousands of dollars by implementing this policy.

Pros

PaySimple has been very easy to use and implement. I am able to send a link and customers are able to pay without taking more of my time. This software saves our company time and money.

Cons

The main feature that I would like for PaySimple to implement is autodetection of payment type, and automatically charge the customer accordingly. We pass the fee for credit cards on to the customer, but I've read that debit cards are not allowed to be charged a processing fee. We try to suggest that customers use the eCheck option to avoid processing fees. Having one form that would allow customers to pay with whatever method they want, and then charge/don't charge additional fees would simplify the payment process. Also, If Paysimple were able to charge the customer the processing fee directly, and take the processing fee at the time of the sale, that would simplify the accounting process as well.

Tracy

PaySimple Review-A great product

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

I have never had a bad experience working with PaySimple.

Pros

Super easy to use. If you have issues, and no time to contact via a phone call to PaySimple, using the PaySimple chat for assistance is a breeze. I like that a lot. Calling PaySimple is easy too.

Cons

I don't care for the calendar on recurring payments. You click in it and it will take you back to the month before or even two months before on the start date.

Toni

My PaySimple (PS) Experience

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

Our company tried two other payment systems before finding PaySimple(PS). We are very pleased with the system and the staff we have been in contact with. There have been things over the past 2-3 yrs that we would like to see changed or things that didn't meet our needs. At those times the staff have stepped in to write down our needs / suggestions and try their best to accommodate our needs. There have been many helpful changes to PS over the past 2-3 yrs that have made the system better, more efficient, and more user friendly.
The support staff has been a pleasure to work with! She is patient, caring, sincere, and knowledgeable. She goes above and beyond to meet our needs.

We are pleased with PS and would recommend PS to other companies.

Pros

Easy to learn and understand; easily accessible

Cons

There are areas that I believe need some adjusting. What page the system bounces you back to once you have completed something; on creating invoices the cursor always jumps back to invoice # after each item entered; and other minor things like that.

Michael
  • Industry: Computer Networking

PaySimple review

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

I’ve used this service for many years. Requested better reports and reporting for all of them. It’s never been done. I have to use quickbooks in tandem as a result.

Pros

It’s easy to use. Repeating payments are easy to setup and process.

Cons

It has terrible reporting. The dashboard isn’t configurable and would be great for reports, but there is no way to edit it.

Quickbooks Online

Quick deployment
Kennedy

It’s simple

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

I don’t mind paysimple, it’s not good nor bad. It’s gets the job done and it’s not pricey.
Now if someone else’s was to pitch on the same product and they happen to
Have a cleaner look and better service. I will be willing to pay Tesla prices for the experience

Pros

I love paysimple because it’s easy to use. And I know. I remember awhile ago 5+ ago when I got it. The customer service was amazing the walked with me hand in hand

Cons

That customer service is no longer there, it seams I will reach a machine before a human(that’s thr new norm though)

It’s not a clean look.
Toyota and Tesla do the same thing but Tesla looks amazing. But I am paying Toyota prices so I don’t mind. To be honest I don’t go around referring the product like you will find someone who has a Tesla won’t shut up about it.
Hope that makes sense

Libby

Very useful software

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

If i have any problems or issues customer service is always available and quick to answer.

Pros

Easy to set up and get clients going. Clients can also log into their account which i like.

Cons

Could have a more modern look, i feel like its a little outdated. Wish I could issue partial cc refunds.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Better pricing
Amanda
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Lives up to its name

Reviewed on 19/09/2021

Pros

Simple to use and easy recurring payments

Cons

The reporting is useless for me. I use this program to process all our one time and recurring payments throughout the year and am unable to get a yearly total of each customers giving.

Aplos

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

I didn’t, I use them simultaneously
Susan
  • Industry: Sports

September 2021 PaySimple Review

Reviewed on 10/09/2021

PaySimple has been great for our business. Most helpful is that customer service is easily reached and very responsive. Customer service is definitely a strength in using PaySimple.

Pros

PaySimple makes it easy for our customers to make payment and view their accounts. It also is very user-friendly for our business administrator. The notifications of payment status allows for sucessful tracking of fees.

Cons

There are some features that have yet to be added. Would like to be able to delete categories without contacting the company. Trying to discover the best way to organize category items from one year to the next.

Summer

Great service!

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

Pros

My team loves how use friendly and easy it is to use. Great value. We’ve been a customer for many years!

Cons

I’d love for it to integrate with our CRM.

Ryan
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

A little pricy, but with more bells and whistles than most.

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Straightforward and streamlined system with few favorable card reader options that does a fantastic job for our recurrent revenue operation.

Pros

Recurrent billing schedules, a great POS interface, and customer databases with the ability to store multiple payment methods makes it easy and effortless for new staff to learn and repeat or subscribed customers to use contactless methods of payment.

Cons

The price in comparison to some of its peers stands out as disconnected from the goal of driving down per-transaction costs for smaller businesses.

Square Payments

Corporate agreement in place
Jason

PaySimple easy to set up and use

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

We have launched a subscription program to great success.

Pros

The product allowed us to launch a subscription program with little development and within weeks as 90% of the required functionality was out of the box.

Cons

I wish there was more options to customize features based on user’s preferences.

I wish custom fields could be edited after they are entered.

ABC Fitness Solutions

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

Easy of launch and no development costs
Joel
  • Industry: Sports

my review title

Reviewed on 05/09/2021

Pros

recurring billing option
ability to integrate forms into website

Cons

no inventory management
backend is messy (old style forms and new style forms make it messy)
cannot delete old category items and entries