PaySimple

Payments today. Partners for Tomorrow.

4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5
4.5/5

290 Software options

• Industry: Government Administration

a distinct payment app

Reviewed on 06/10/2021

I am just so used to making online transactions and it has never failed me for once.

Pros

I love being able to track all payments made and also make graphical comparison on my duration of payment on a monthly basis. Its a user friendly app which is very easy to understand.

Cons

The customer service is not encouraging in any way. You can hardly ever speak to a customer with the paging service.

Seaton G.
  • Industry: Executive Office

I am NOT a happy camper & I will NOT recommend PaySimple

Reviewed on 05/09/2021

Was great ... until this Covid Crisis. I now need to really watch every penny.

Pros

It is simple to set up a transaction and accepts ACH

Cons

I do not like the $50 charges per month duding Covid when my company is on the edge of failure.

I do not like the inability to change my address.

I will soon be looking for a service that does NOT charge $50 per month!

Sean R.

CreditSmarts Review

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Pros

Ease of use and customer portal. Albeit, the customer portal could use a few key improvements. Otherwise, great design.

Cons

There is no statement of accounts for the company to generate and email. There is no ability to auto generate invoice numbers (optional).

Ken O.

Okay Replacement for Quickbooks Online ACH functionality.

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Very hard time getting clearing house established. The first transaction was a large security / first / last month's rent. It took 2 weeks to FINALLY get the funds released from the clearing house. I also had not realized the extra fees charged by PaySimple for the larger transaction over 5K so was surprised there and will bill future large bills directly from QBO. Since that poor start, monthly payments have gone smoothly other than having to manually enter rent invoices for each apartment in PaySimple every month and still needing to generate monthly (unsent) invoices in QBO as the the invoices generated on PaySimple to not transfer over to QBO.

Pros

It saved me >$50 per month in a real estate setting with multiple tenants each paying >1K per month

Cons

1) There are no ways to set up automatic recurring monthly invoices. You need to duplicate existing invoices manually and change the dates.
2) If multiple payments transfer on a single day, QBO gets confused and you have to manually track down which ones paid.

Sarah P.
  • Industry: Banking

Our Experience with PaySimple

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Overall fairly good. Lack of communication & transparency from our initial setup call to where we are now. We were never informed (or at least explicitly) that Forte would process the payments so this added some confusion. Also lack of clarity around our monthly limits (individual & collective) -- we found out in the middle of a month that we had reached our limit & had many mortgage payments pending.

Pros

Customer service is what has kept us using PaySimple. Every person that I have spoken to has gone above and beyond to help out with any issues that we have had. The platform is relatively easy to use. I like the custom invoices & receipts that are sent to clients.

Cons

Launching & integrating PaySimple has been MAJOR for us as online payments are so important in our industry and help to prevent any delays in the process as well as providing convenience to our clients. We had two issues with collecting online payments: First, we were unable to limit our ability to accept credit card payments for only one product. We are unable to accept credit cards for a mortgage payment; whereas we can accept credit card payment for appraisal, we had to turn the ability to use a CC off for any catalog product and create a form specific for appraisals. The ability to accept credit cards was all or nothing - for all products or none.

The second problem we encountered was the system's inability to accept American Express. When we turned on the feature to be able to accept credit card payments, we were uninformed that this excluded American Express. It wasn't until we had a client attempt to make a payment 10 times using an AMEX card that we realized.

Another issue that I have with this software is the confusion & lack of flexibility regarding user roles. As mentioned above, we use PaySimple to collect mortgage payments and appraisals. The department who collects each payment is different. The user who collects mortgage payments is an admin & I want her to receive all emails - however the users who send out the form to collect appraisals don't need to know about mortgage payments. I had to set them to Sales but they don't get email of payment made.

Michael L.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

PaySimple review

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

I’ve used this service for many years. Requested better reports and reporting for all of them. It’s never been done. I have to use quickbooks in tandem as a result.

Pros

It’s easy to use. Repeating payments are easy to setup and process.

Cons

It has terrible reporting. The dashboard isn’t configurable and would be great for reports, but there is no way to edit it.

Quickbooks Online

Quick deployment
Jason S.

PaySimple easy to set up and use

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

We have launched a subscription program to great success.

Pros

The product allowed us to launch a subscription program with little development and within weeks as 90% of the required functionality was out of the box.

Cons

I wish there was more options to customize features based on user’s preferences.

I wish custom fields could be edited after they are entered.

ABC Fitness Solutions

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

Easy of launch and no development costs
Tara L.
  • Industry: Music

We love PaySimple!

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

PaySimple is a great asset to our business. Customer service is fantastic with quick responses to question via phone and text support. Highly recomended.

Pros

Recurring billing is by far the most useful feature for us. In combination with the online store, our clients will register and set up their recurring billing and then it goes on until cancellation. Very easy and convenient!

Cons

It's a bit complicated to give partial refunds. I with this process were easier. It's nice that there is a feature where you can add a custom field for clients but this custom field is not searchable and I wish it were.

Chris M.

Fully functional service with easy to use API, well documented and easy to integrate

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Nothing but the best! I have worked with other payment providers and PaySimple is far superior to the rest.

Pros

From the first discovery call to my full implementation of the software, the PaySimple team was there with full support and always available to make my implementation as smooth as possible.

Cons

Nothing at all. I have found on flaws with the solution.

Shane W.
  • Industry: Wholesale

One of the best decisions our company made!

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

We have moved the majority of our customers from using their Credit Card (and incurring fees) to ACH/EFT. This has saved our business a TON. It was incredibly easy to implement and we had help from day one. If we need something (which we never do), they always get back to us in a timely manner.

Pros

PaySimple is incredibly user-friendly. We chose PaySimple as a processor for doing EFT transactions for our Accounts Receivable. We were spending a TON in Credit Card fees, and our customers had been asking for a way to pay by check over the phone or online. PaySimple was hands-down the best of all we looked at! The implementation process was great and support is amazing.

Cons

Lack of integration with our ERP software - which we work around by using reports

Roxanne N.

Best decision for AR

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

My overall experience has been great. PaySimple has been one of the best decisions for our AR department. I have seen a positive response from our customers. Especially now after the pandemic, this is a great source to have since technology is key and a more simple way to collect.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate for me and our customers.

Cons

There is one feature I would like. Currently there are two different companies that I work for and I would like the option to be able to switch over to each companies portal without having to login each time.

Christina G.

Great product for our business needs!

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

Pros

We use PaySimple on a daily basis from in person transactions, future billing and payment plans.

Cons

We have not found flaws for our business needs at this point but we do not use all the platforms Paysimple has to offer.

Heather K.
  • Industry: Food Production

PaySimple review

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

We process payments from some of our customers who would normally send a check and the ability to pay online has made payment tracking easier.

Pros

The ease of sending a payment link to a customer and the easy to understand payment submission process.

Cons

The daily limit of $5,000 per customer.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

The ease of use and fees
Curt H.

Strong, Effective Product

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

This software has allowed my company to streamline payment collection across our team of employees and contract workers. It’s allowed us to innovate by incorporating QR tags to collect payment which has helped us stay up with the tech savvy our clients are expecting.

Pros

The ease and user friendliness has been helpful from roll-out up to now.

Cons

Navigating some of the duplicate profiles that can build up in the customers section.

Wesley M.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Paysimple Review

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

It works. The customer service is lacking most days. Rarely can you get a hold of someone same day. As I said... it works, not great, but works.

Pros

The idea is great. It is easy to use. The processing fees are decent.

Cons

It does not do what was were told it would do when we signed up. It was supposed to collect a fee on certain transactions and not collect on others and it doesn't know how to tell the two apart.

Willie T.

PaySimple is excellent software for taking payment and for setting up recurring payments

Reviewed on 16/06/2018

Pros

This program is a great fit for my small but growing business , the customers liked it and I loved it. I mostly used It to set up clients on auto-debit recurring payments. The fees were decent and customer support is Very Good

Cons

I received the exact services I was looking for. They promised certain things and delivered on those promises , Therefore I have no cons to list here.

Miranda S.

I like it !

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

Pros

The software has helped reduce losses. This year will be my first 0 loss/collections accounts year. :D The processing is quick & accurate & worth the cost. Customer service is always super friendly.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints about this product.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to PaySimple

Initially, when I did the math I believe PaySimple had a better rate on processing payments.
Chris S.

IMS Review

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Overall I am happy with the product. It does what I need it to do.

Pros

Easy to use for me and my customers. Gives my business a more professional appearance rather than only accepting paper checks. We do not accept credit cards so ACH has been a fantastic compromise.

Cons

Unable to easily update my logo and add custom messages to invoices

Abe K.

Very useful tool for my business

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

I've had a good experience. Initially I had a dedicated support person. That's not currently the case but I really don't need to call often.

Pros

I like that it keeps all of my customer information and billing history in one place

Cons

I wish the reporting tools were easier to use. Also some of the features are not intuitive.

Amanda S.

Great Product

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

In general it is a good experience- we use it on a regular basis for all online payments.

Pros

Its an easy link for the customers to use-

Cons

It is impossible to find/build the reports that I need for end of the month accounting. I have to copy and paste and edit a word document in order to get the information I need. There are times we need more support from someone.

Cindy L.

Pay Simple is the only way

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Since going into business in 2014, I have used PaySimple for my recurring payments and it has been totally hassle and problem free.

Pros

So easy and very simple to use and understand

Cons

Haven't found one yet. Product is so easy to understand

Manuela P.

Quick & easy payment processing

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Pros

The software is mostly intuitive and user-friendly, features can be easily located and put into action. For repetitive payment processing, the set-up is super easy + efficient. Set-up of new customers is simple. Reports can be quickly pulled + customized to individual needs.

Cons

I am only using one feature of the program which limits my expertise on the overall. Accessibility of saved profiles can be a bit confusing and it always takes me a moment to find the right spot to find a company. But that's a minor inconvenience. Can't think of anything else

Excellent Payment Processing Software

Reviewed on 05/07/2019

Meets my needs and overall have been very happy with this software. Really sticks to what the name says - a simple payment solution!

Pros

Great fit for any small, but growing business. Easy to set up, and use, clients seemed to like it and the customer service has been solid and very helpful with any questions.

Cons

Small changes like making it easier to search for past transactions. Right now it's a little cumbersome.

Paul B.

Efficient and bug free payment portal

Reviewed on 16/06/2017

Payment Portal with recurring payment processing.

Pros

Customer Service, Ease of Use, Monthly Reports, low transaction fees, and we havnt experienced any system bugs or outages. Very happy with this system.

Cons

In my humble opinion the only negative I see is that the monthly reports that get sent via snail mail have a slightly outdated look. If you dont mind that then this is the payment portal you've been looking for!

Krystle V.

Satisfied with Paysimple

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Overall I think as it is checked daily it is an easy process for new and experienced users.

Pros

The ease for our clients to process their payments.

Cons

It is a whole process to find transactions from a specific period.