Revel Systems

3.4/5

295 Software options

Lisa W.
  • Used for 2+ years

Not for the technology newbie....

Reviewed on 14/04/2017

The only reporting feature I would love to see is comparative reports so I don't have to piece them together. I want to know things like "sales last March versus sales this March", and "labor last month versus this month". That's how we track trends and right now we have to export as excel and wrote our own formulas to analyze this data. Overall, a good system for our small business.

Pros

Great reporting on the back end. Responsive to feedback. Constantly evolving and listening to customers. VERY customizable.

The systems are reliable (as long as your network is reliable) and I haven't had any Revel related downtime. We are a 7 day a week operation with two locations and the only problems we have had have been related to our own network reliability and one faulty iPad. Once we upgraded those, we were fine.

Cons

SUPER labor intensive to set up yourself. If you are at all uncomfortable with technology and terminology, hire someone to do this for you. If you are comfortable plucking around in setting up the backend yourself, go for it. I had TERRIBLE frustrations with the support team at launch. It was clearly an overseas call center and there was a language barrier where the agents were likely trained to simply read back scripted responses and not really think critically through my issues. I feel like maybe they added some US based support because sometimes when I call now, language and understanding is not an issue and I can get things solved quickly.

It can sometimes feel like this system is trying to be all things to all people, which can be both admirable and frustrating at the same time. There are SO many set up choices I don't need that I feel like a consultative sales approach (and more personal support at set up) would be more helpful but that would definitely cause costs to rise. It's a conundrum.

So just know that you'll save money if you feel confident setting this up yourself. If you aren't comfortable wit technology, be ready to spend a little on hiring a person to set you up.

Daniel D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Using Revel to manage all of my point of sale needs and back office systems

Reviewed on 05/07/2016

Revel has been the second POS system I have implemented in my business and it will be the last one for various benefits it has given me compared to previous systems. It is reliable! If there are internet connection problems for either transactions or merchant card processing,

Pros

Cloud based, so I can access settings and live information from anywhere. Various modifiable functionalities. Back end reporting is extensive with multiple breakdowns of information available which helps me analyze my business' performance. Tech support are determined to help solve every call. They follow up to ensure things are running well. Very happy with the tech support for any small or large issue.

Cons

It takes a little while to learn how to get around the back office management platform and to be able to fine tune all the settings for your particular business processes. Tech support are always happy to help me find what I need and/or help fix whatever settings might be in question.

Santiago E.

Best and more robust system in the market

Reviewed on 24/02/2018

Pros

The best thing about this System is the easy and intuitive interface. It greatly facilitates the operations of the day and allows us to always work in a better way. It has, also, a number of options and improvements that allow me to adapt to my needs, especially the part of the discounts. They are the best!

Cons

The bad thing is the implementation, being such a complete software it takes a long time to configure all the functions to your liking to work in a better way. However, with practice and patience, it is possible to get ahead.

Response from Revel Systems

Hi Santiago,

Thank you so much for the 5-stars! So glad to hear that Revel is working well for your business. Our product team has worked hard to make improvements to the Discount functionality so it's great to hear that you are a fan!

Revel is definitely robust and can take a bit of extra time to configure, but, we agree, that once you get it set up for your business, you will be happy about your decision.

Thank you again!

Charley K.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Shopped around and finally found the best

Reviewed on 13/07/2016

As a franchise operation with 16 locations that have run 3 previous point-of-sale systems, I can confidently say Revel is the best. It isn't simply that their system is easy to learn, or that they have almost every capability that you can think of, but it's the fact that they keep making it better. Their software continues to change and evolve to fit my stores' needs. I've submitted several feature requests that have already been released in updates. When a franchisee has an issue, I can get a knowledgeable tech support agent on the line in minutes that can help resolve it quickly. We looked high and low for an enterprise solution that fit our model and I'm positive we made the right choice with Revel.

Pros

Easy to use front end with a robust, feature-packed browser-based back end that makes multi-unit support effortless.

Cons

It is a bit pricey compared to some other systems, but the quality and support you get is worth it in every way.

Response from Revel Systems

Hello Charley,

Wow, thank you for the positive words! We're so glad that you are pleased with our product. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

Sarah M., Community Manager at Revel Systems

Claire Y.

Great program!

Reviewed on 31/12/2016

We use Revel as our point of sales system at the restaurant I work in. After switching to revel from a previous program, I was immediately pleased with how easy and intuitive the program is. Splitting checks is extremely easy to do, no matter how many you have to split it into. This was not the case with our old program. It allows the ability to color code categories and even put an image on a button. Another excellent feature is that servers cannot swipe a card or cash out a bill that is not under their name. This eliminates report mix-ups and the hassle of having to calculate how much of another server's tips you ended up with and owe back to them because it can't happen. Overall, Revel was an excellent upgrade and continues to be an excellent program.

Pros

How intuitive and easy to use it is

Cons

Doesn't calculate tip percentages

Response from Revel Systems

Hello Claire,

What awesome feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!

I will contact you directly to learn more about your suggestions for how we can better handle tip percentages.

Again, much appreciated.
Sarah, Community Manager at Revel Systems

Erin C.
  • Industry: Supermarkets

One they get your money, you'll get neither a functional system nor customer service

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

The customer service is abysmal. Once the sale is made, you are chopped liver and the company really doesn't even seem to care if your system ever gets up and running after that point.

Pros

I can see exactly what we sold on a certain day. They look impressive so despite the fact that they have low functionality they look really pretty....but, lets be honest....that's mostly the ipad.

Cons

Notice how it's spelled rEVEL. (it's illiterate evil with an R). Things I though rEVEL would do but it doesn't, problems we have, and why you shouldn't purchase revel for your establishment.

1. When you set up a customer, they are not automatically set up to collect reward points. Your staff have to create a rewards card separately, then link it to the customer. We've had lots of input errors because of this. The customer and reward points numbers are a customers phone number, which means that if they change their phone number you have to change their customer number. Then deactivate their rewards card number. Then create a new rewards card. Then go to the back end and download the entire customer matrix, insert the number of reward points they should have under their new number, then upload all of the data back into the system. Something that you can only do when you are closed for the day. So many things with revel are like this. Something that should be simple is the most cumbersome thing ever.

2. Customers cant fill in their own information on the customer facing display which leads to lots of inputting errors.

3. The only way collected customer emails link into your email program is if you pay a hefty monthly fee (per pos station) for a third party app.

4. If a customer chooses to have their receipt emailed to them, the system does not collect that email and sync it to their customer identification.

5. In Canada here, there are no Province options when filling out customer details so we can't even collect their address properly.

6. Want to send a coupon to your top 50 customers? Good luck There is no report that you can run for that. Tons of data. No way to mine it. Have fun paying a third party to mine your data for you.

7. Want to know who purchased an item on a specific day? Once again, all this data, with no reports to mine it.

8. GLITCHY! Open orders hanging open, customer reward points not being accrued correctly, and weird little things like pop up balloons that slow down transaction time by 5 seconds, customer list not being alphabetical, orders re-opening hours later showing few cents owing on it, lag time between info going up to the cloud and back down to the stations. (a customer wants to exchange something they bought 5 minutes ago? They have to go to the same pos station they bought it at as the sale will not show up on the other stations for hours). Items that we sell by the each suddenly show an inventory of 1.86 units, where did that .14 of a unit go?

9. CUMBERSOME, the procedures for creating gift cards, processing returns, creating a customer, linking that customer to a reward card. All of it is just so damned cumbersome, takes so many taps on the ipad and is not intuitive....even for our millennial cashiers.

10. The sales people flat out lie. I asked really specific functionality questions from our sales person, who flat out lied about the systems capabilities. Then dropped us like a hot potato once he had our money. I spent the next month chasing Revel to make sure that the install happened before we opened. This attitude of sale first, customer service last, follows through. The hubs that they sold us are glitchy and faulty. We complained about them for a full year. Then we got an email offering us their new and improved network hubs. So basically they sold me crap. Knew that they sold me something that didn't work. Then offered a discount on selling the replacement to me.

11. The Customer Management system does very little. Once again, we had to pay a third party to figure out who our top customers were, then go through their profiles one by one to gather their emails to send them all an email to offer them a reward for being a top customer.

12. You can't redeem multiple rewards at once, or process a refund without a customer making a purchase(we sell milk in reusable glass bottles that the customer gets money back when they bring back their bottle, you can't process this if they just come back to return the bottle without making a purchase), or or process two refunds and a reward under the same transaction. So many glitchy things.

13. Someone will reply to this saying there are no open tickets on our account. And this is true. Because the reply to all of these things is that the feature doesn't exist and I should put in a request for a new feature. Which I have done. Repeatedly over the last 3 years. And here we are, still calling revel support asking why if you sell systems in Canada can I not enter a Canadian address in the system.

14. Poorly trained staff. We are a seasonal business and each spring when we open up, we have to have revel support enter some identification numbers on the back end to have their system work with our payment processor monaris (the only one they offer). It always takes several weeks of my calling back and sitting on hold to get this simple thing done. Every time. This is what it's like calling revel every time. I'm sure that there are lots of weird glitchy things with every system out there but revel really appears as though it was built poorly from the outset and has software flaws that can not be changed.

One of my managers spends 10-20 hours per week working on fixing revel errors, calling customer service, figuring out how the system works now that there is another update, writing detailed training manuals for our staff to us the system. It's just so time consumptive and terrible. It makes it all the worse that revel folks just repeat the party line and don't actually look for solutions to the system problems. "Fill in a feature request form" It's like they've all drunk the kool-aid and have become automatons controlled by an evil wizard named Revel.

John K.

Customer since 2012: Easy to use, excellent features, poor customer service. Be careful...

Reviewed on 14/01/2018

Pros

This system is highly customizable and easy to use. Reports are excellent and Revel does a nice job of continuously updating the backend to be more useful. Keeping track of employee hours is easy and efficient.

Cons

We have been a customer since 2012 and Revel has changed the playing field:

1) Revel now charges more per terminal per month if you choose to not use their credit card processing service. This wasn't the case when we signed up.

2) We purchased 2 scales in 2012 and two more for a second location in 2014. Revel's updated system no longer supports these peripherals. Revel offered me a discount for replacement of these scales for ones that work. Not good enough! This same situation occurred earlier with printers which I had to repurchase.

In addition to changing the playing field, the customer service is not good. Expect the system to go down at least 3 to 4 times a year when Apple upgrades their iOS.

Revel has changed their business model. They are now in the business of credit card processing. I see this as a sign of a struggling business and would be concerned about their longevity.

3) Confusing payment structure.

Response from Revel Systems

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that there have been issues with your scales and our latest release. I am confident that the issue will be resolved and do apologize for the delay. I have escalated your case to our customer relations team and they will be sure to address any outstanding issues for you.

You are always welcome to schedule a time to share your feedback with me at [email protected] Happy to learn more about your experience.

Regards,

Craig S.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Revel Systems for Table Service Lacks VERY VERY VERY Basic Tip Report for Servers

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

Before you buy Revel ask the sales rep to try to print a basic tip report with a server log in prior to batching out at the end of the day. It's not currently possible unless you give your server full financial access.

Pros

Revel Systems syncs with Quickbooks better than any other system I'm aware of. They most often sell the equipment with higher-end networking and wireless access points such as Meraki or Ubiquiti whereas others use residential Netgear, Linksys, or TP Link which jeopardizes the stability of using a tablet as your POS.

Cons

This oversight by Revel is ridiculous. However, are you table service and do you need your servers or other employees to take credit card tips out of the cash drawer at the end of their shift? Or leave a receipt in the drawer of how much they took out? If so it's not currently possible with Revision 2.22.9-61 or below for a server to print a basic tip report (unless you give them full financial access which includes labor rates for all other employees.). The iPad assigns the tip to whoever pays out the ticket when the customer leaves. So if your host uses his or her pin to close the ticket and the customer adds a tip that ticket is then assigned to the host rather than the waiter or waitress that helped them on the front end of revel. Furthermore, the manager can't even see a server's tips to pay out the credit card tips accurately from iPad until he or she has batched out at the end of the day. The only solution after two years of trying to remedy this situation for CajunKitchenCafe.com is to pull the report from a laptap on the backend after the point of sale has been batched at the end of the day or put the credit card tips on the employees paycheck which is a huge change to culture for most restaurants that have been in business for as long as Cajun Kitchen.

Column H.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Stay away this program

Reviewed on 21/11/2016

We are existing Revel System customer but I think our 2 year relationship is going to be an end. Changing a POS system is not simple but we still choose to leave must have our reasons. I just want to share my experiences with everyone who might consider marry to them.

1. We were told from their sale rep the QuickBooks integration will 100% work for Canadian customer because of this reason we signed off the deal, however we don't have a chance to test the integration because it was still under development, we should wait till the launch but we can't wait because we need a new system to support our grow. We did reconfirm the QB compatibility again and again so we don't think there will be a problem. We got everything setup and running, about few months later the QuickBooks Integration finally launched but they told us this feature strictly for US customer only?! This case only escalated to their sales team lead and they refused to go further higher, you have no easy way to reach their upper management team unfortunately we dun have any recording or email for the proof, they only offer a free month to settle the case. They would guarantee you everything at the beginning and once you in everything is just too late, we have learned a lesson.

2. We are not pleased and disappointed on how Revel handle system upgrade, almost every single incident causes us problem and certain level of business impact, we need to bend or change our business model/process to fit these updates. Revel introduce new feature but at the same time take away the old feature immediately, can you imagine how much trouble causing? For example we never had an option call “Credit Limit”, after the latest mandatory POS upgrade on iPad (this is another matter will mention after), we are forced to commit the new changes, we can no longer take "House Account" credit payment until we enable the "Credit Limit" option inside customer, but this is not the major problem, I am so shocking they don't provide a batch upload method, instead we are instructed to make this change inside each customer one by one, we have thousands of customers are on account. This is so ridiculous but why they can't just keep thing simple?

3. The Revel POS consist by two pieces, the frontend (iPad) and the backend (web management). Periodically they roll out major upgrade (notified) or small updates (silence) at the backend and then you must follow their schedule to download and re-install the new iPad App manually during off business hour to match your backend version, otherwise your iPad POS will not function properly

4. They have very slow development, usually the iOS App should be prepared and updated on device before the new iOS launch, but Revel work reversely, they will tell you DO NOT upgrade your iPad iOS Software whenever until they ready. They need to understand you cannot disable system update on iPad, until some point you will get the software update reminder popup crazy everyday on the iPad and you must choose "remind me/install later" to bypass but couple times my staffs by accidently hit the wrong button and fire up the software update, then the till will be out of service until we reach Revel support for fix. I cannot blame on my staffs in this case, Revel have to do something to avoid this to happen.

4. Support - their level 1 support is useless, even level 2 not really helpful, the most words I have heard are "Sorry" or "This is the system design, nothing we can do". I don’t need a sorry. I have a strong feeling their development teams make whatever changes they want without thinking the impacts would brought up to the customers.

5. The most funniest thing is Revel have a Voice of Customer team to hear your feedback, this is cool, they do reach out you to hear your problems or complaints but limited to listen only! They don't follow up anymore, I have one phone conservation and one email both sink into the deep sea, sigh*

Good luck!

Response from Sarah

Hi Column,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that the experience has been a frustrating one. I will share your input with our leadership and product team.

Regards,
Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Good idea, good realization on the hardware concept, but buggy software

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Sales, inventory, predictions, CRM, marketing - all nicely done.

Pros

It is full wifi, full cloud, very versatile and very nice and sleek.

Cons

iOS only, apple only, comes out expensive, heavy toll on the pay as you go needs (licensing tied to number of terminals)

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Revel Systems

Better overall quality.
Camila K.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Their databases and analytics are good, but that is it

Reviewed on 02/12/2020

I liked the way I was able to manage the data with their system but just this is not worth the price I was paying for it

Pros

I was able yo create really successful marketing campaigns thanks to the databases that revel provides, they give you detailed information about the business operations.

Cons

their prices are extremely high compared to the other companies and their website and POS need to be renovated. if there was an issue it will require a call to customer service and it just makes it a long tedious process especially if you work in a fast-paced business like a restaurant.

Rachel L.
  • Industry: Hospitality

They will keep taking your money after you have finished with the software

Reviewed on 09/05/2020

The tech support people are nice. The sales team don't care. The accounts will take your money and not give you the service.

Pros

Everything in one place like online ordering.

Cons

Complicated and were happy to charge for any addition or even when the service was cancelled they kept charging and would not refund. They said they can not refund even though no service was provided. Problems with accounts and over charging was a common occurance during our two years with Revel. I would highly recommend people look at other systems before going with Revel.

Charley K.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Overall worth the sticker shock

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

Increased visibility of individual establishment performance through cloud-based control panel and reporting.

Pros

It is reliable. That is the name of the game in a retail and restaurant service environment. It just needs to work day in, day out. Revel has been a lot more reliable than the 2 other point-of-sales we have used in the past.

Cons

The price. The initial equipment is expensive and the subscription is expensive. Again, it's worth it though.

Response from Revel Systems

Hi Charley,

Thank you so much for the great feedback! Glad to hear you are a happy customer :)

Ron M.

Revel Systems

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

We have had Revel Systems for one year .We went a head and tried demo from couple different POS systems and like Revel the best . Customer support has been great ,they always get back promptly if we need help . We have more data from reports than we ever had,witch helped with smarter buying and scheduling resulting in more sales and lowering hours used. In conclusion choosing Revel has been one of the best decisions we have made.

Pros

There is defiantly way more things i like about Revel than not. Once set up ringing sales is supper simple.Opening and closing are a breeze compared to other systems we have used. From the back end the reports are great and will help in any dissension you have to make on product and employees.

Cons

The only con has been scanning inventory in bulk against quantity on hand and having report on difference. I believe that is coming in an update.

Response from Sarah

Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for the kind words and feedback. It is so great to hear that choosing Revel has been a great decision for Sotar.

We are always working to improve our Inventory and I'd like to chat with you directly to learn more about your suggestions.

Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

James G.

Happy Early Adopter of Revel Systems

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

I was an ‘early adopter’ buying my Revel Systems POS in late 2012. My business has more than doubled and I credit Revel Systems as integral to that success. We started with one iPad, but within 6 months seamlessly added the second. I personally built the backend and found it intuitive and relatively easy once you commit to understanding the basics.
I have felt some of Revels ‘growing pains’ over the years, however ultimately I always had my issue resolved, which all too often were a ‘user error’ situation. I also have experiences where Revel made changes to the system, which were not beneficial to me. I reached, complained, and ultimately they reintroduced the feature that I missed.
For those looking to start with Revel today benefit from all the capital and advancements implemented in the last 4 years. If or when I expand beyond my original location, I will use Revel Systems again. I have experience with Aloha, Dinnerware, and Maitre D and much prefer Revel Systems.

Pros

Unlimited expand-ability
Remote access to information
Clean, simple iPad based POS

Cons

Rapid changes that ultimately benefit me, but sometimes I'm not ready for
Managing Apple's updates with Revel's new builds

Lily S.
  • Industry: Supermarkets
  • Used for 2+ years

Ok Product with very poor customer service

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

We run a small grocery store. This system came with no set up instructions, and when we called customer servoce they suggested we hire their tech guy. Absolutely unhelpful when we ran into trouble with both the software and hardware, and then the company ended up sending us parts that we didn’t order for our scanner/scale that we purchased from revel and that did not work from the get go, then refused to take the parts back, and then charged us for said parts 2 years later. Had very poor customer service and a team that was unwilling to support their system.

Pros

Fairly easy to operate if using for a very limited purpose. The main menu screen is clear enough. Like that it uses an IPAD.

Cons

BAD customer service. Software too limited for our needs, did not live up to its promises. Inventory and data hard to utilize from the dashboard.

Response from Holden

Hi Lily,
Thanks very much for your feedback—I'm sorry to hear you've been having difficulties with your Revel POS. We are looking into this matter and will be reaching out shortly.

- Holden at Revel

Martha H.

Revel system is very user friendly but don't understand why it doesn't take Gift Cards

Reviewed on 16/06/2017

All is good

Pros

It continues to take Credit Cards when system is down which is nice when the Internet is down & not working

Cons

It should be able to take Gift Cards so we don't have to keep switching machines when a gift card is presented.

Response from Sarah

Hi Martha,

Thank you kindly for the 5-stars!

For the Gift Card issue, if you are using Revel's Gift Cards, you definitely would not need two systems to process the cards. At this time, we do not integrate with First Data's Gift Cards.

Thank you again for the feedback!
Sarah

Travis H.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Easy setup, easy maintenance, reliable support team and a proactive development cycle.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

For the most part I have a hard time coming up with complaints mostly because of how proactive and responsive the entire team is at meeting our needs.

Pros

Revel POS is very easygoing use. Backend setup and maintenance are a breeze, new features are added regularly based on requests from businesses using Revel.

Cons

KDS user experience could use a little improvement just because there needs to be an expo setting so servers can pick up orders from the window without paper tickets.

Jesse M.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Great customer support

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

I would highly recommend the Revel system in conjunction with Quick Books.

Pros

It meets my business needs, and the customer service is excellent! The easy learning curve is great for new employees.

Cons

It doesn't have certain features a specialty shop like mine could use. For example: I have a service department, so work orders would be awesome, I have a rental department, so rental reservations would be cool, and I have a travel department, so a booking feature would be awesome. I do work arounds, but it would be nice to have it all run through my point of sale.

Steven G.

Revel Systems is a JOKE with TERRIBLE tech support

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

Cons

Revel systems has been nothing but a joke since I have gotten it. Owner's can't reassign delivery orders to a new driver? Drivers are able to cash drop to NO WHERE when the wrong till is used? I can't check another drive in, as an owner, on my log in without it going into MY virtual till?

Once again, Revel Systems is a JOKE to use as a delivery POS system. The support team is absolutely clueless, everyone has to talk to their higher up colleague just to tell me they can't do anything about it. At this point, I have more knowledge then some of these techs that are from Lithuania.

Terrible TERRIBLE customer service, TERRIBLE product, and TERRIBLE value for what you get.

Response from Sarah

Hi Steven,

I am sorry that Delivery Management and Virtual Tills are causing some frustration. It sounds like there are settings that could use an audit to ensure that both features are being used correctly.

I have located two articles that would help explain how Virtual Tills work and how each employee should be set up under Employees - Role Permissions, as well as a few articles on Delivery Management. Once the two are set up correctly for your particular business operations, your issues would be resolved.

In terms of our Support team, they work very hard to troubleshoot any issues and we do see that you worked with a Database Engineer, who, yes, is based in Lithuania. Truthfully, it doesn't get much better than working with an engineer to resolve software issues regardless of where they are located.

Revel also offers extremely affordable Account Management services that would allow you to walk through the many Settings Revel offers, help you get Virtual Tills and Delivery Managment set up to best suit your needs.

Hope the articles help in the meantime.
Best Regards,

Kim H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Unreliable

Reviewed on 01/02/2018

This is the most unreliable system I have ever used. The support team are not trained equally. Some are helpful and give you a lot of detail to make sure you have everything in place properly. Others simply do not know & dismiss the need to ask or transfer you to someone else. We have two stores, both with this system. We closed both stores to conduct physical inventory. After being on the phone a full day the day before we began the actual inventory, closing for 1 week and paying employees for working inventory, only to find out the original tech support didn’t sell us the app we needed, did not tell us we had to purchase the app for each individual that planned on counting & did not properly instruct us on the setting up of our backend for inventory, not one item we counted was able to sync. 1 full week, 2 locations, closed = 0 income, employees payroll for inventory = 0, this was completely hurtful to a small business and no responsibility was excepted by Revelup. The tech support said exactly “every computer app or system does have its own issues, they all have a glitch” Thank you revelup

Response from Sarah

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some frustration with troubleshooting the Physical Inventory App. I do see that your help desk tickets are now resolved and we do apologize if you had to call into Support more than once to get it figured out.

I have escalated your case to our customer relations team to ensure we address all of your needs. It looks like you joined Revel by way of our partner, Intuit, and we do apologize if your Intuit rep was not in possession of the info you needed to perform Inventory using Revel. You do have a Revel account executive and the customer relations team will be happy to share their info with you.

Best Regards,

Sarah H.

Revel Software is great, Customer Service is Better

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

Pros

Very easy to use, functional, and streamlined. The Revel Customer Service is always on point, helpful, available, and free! Having opened 3 restaurants with Revel in the past year and half, I have talked to technical support/customer service for literally hours, and it is always a great experience.

Cons

Revel is far superior to competitor options. The only change would be a little more ease in editing buttons on the fly.

Peter L.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Revel review

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

See above..love to discuss further (gratuity)

Pros

Easy to use, adding items, promo discount not and employee info super easy. Tech service is thorough and follow thru is great.

Cons

Thought Revel is able to accept and store claimed tips by employees, they need to add the ability to "tip out" and record amount given to support staff(by name) without that ability gratuities received will never be taxed as income correctly.

Mario M.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Will be a good POS if it works like they said

Reviewed on 09/11/2019

My overall experience has not been positive since day one. There have been operational errors from the very beginning to the degree that using Revel has cost us money thru loss of customers who get frustrated with all the online ordering errors and just go elsewhere. Counter service has been slowed down due to having the system freeze up or force an unscheduled update in the middle of service. Customers get frustrated and the employees just make fun of your "provided services"

Pros

Nothing, none of the functions they promised works fine, everything is a headache and all I have experienced is losing customers which result on losing money, I wish never purchased this system since it tends to make us lose customers regularly as their frustration rises.

Cons

The programmers are screwing up everything every time they make an update, don't they test their work before applying it to their customers? Apparently no, I have many other reasons to hate this POS now but don't feel like wasting more time writing about it.

Chad H.

Superbly robust POS system

Reviewed on 03/11/2017

As the owner of a small restaurant, it was important for us to find a system that met our needs without breaking the bank. Revel’s powerful system has a great front end, but it’s he back end management tools that make it shine. The powerful reporting is unlike anything else we’ve used. The employee, inventory and time management systems kill the competition. Overall, we’ve been extremely happy with Revel!

Pros

Superior customer service. Powerful backend management system. Easy to use front end system. Impressive customization.

Cons

The only con is the monthly fee. Although pricey, the bang for your buck at the end of the month is worth it.