Quickbase

No-code application development platform & online database

4.4 /5 (218 reviews) Write a Review!

Cody H.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Quick Base is a solid way to visualize and share data with controls

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

I have used Quick Base for a long time, and can get around easier than many of my colleagues. I view that as a mark against Quick Base, but overall it serves well as a place to store and visualize data for a distributed team.

Pros

Quick Base is a solid way to visualize and share data with controls. It serves well as a data repository and tool for displaying large data sets.

Cons

Not as intuitive as some of the competitors, sometimes it takes 2-3 menu clicks to get where you're going.

Isabelle S.

Quickbase - for the motivated user

Reviewed on 14/08/2017

Quickbase can be as powerful as you make it - it has the ability to build huge, custom, smart databases that are integrated with other platforms to remove data silos and ensure smooth and efficient work flows. However to really get the most out of Quickbase you need to be motivated to learn, explore and build test case apps to really understand what you need and how to get that out of QuickBase. The learning curve isn't too bad, and there is a fantastic community of users providing innovative solutions to problems all the time.

Pros

Great support and help system
New "QuickBase University" for training and learning is great for new and old users to develop their QB development
Fantastic flexibility to build exactly what you need

Cons

User interface - not great, our organisation has struggled with uptake due to the reasonably spartan and functional user interface

Ashley R.

Useful and innovative with a few unfortunate quirks.

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

The software can be made HIPAA compliant and we were able to gather data from it in another form. Those were the top 2 benefits.

Pros

The customization capabilities are impressive. You can create pretty much anything using this software, and what's even more impressive is that you can gather data using this software. I used it to create satisfaction surveys (both internally and externally) and it proved to be an invaluable tool in that sense. Additionally, this software proved to be a fantastic asset with maintaining patient portals, employee profiles, etc.

Cons

Unfortunately, profiles (as easy as they are to create) are very easy to delete and screw up. You can manipulate security access and such, but if someone makes a wrong move and deletes a profile (or worse, a FIELD), you're in trouble. ALL of that data will be lost if that happens. It would be nice to have an automatic backup of some sort just in case, but we did not find that to be an option in our testing and use of the product. There are a few odd quirks, as well -- for instance, you may have to create relationships that are multi-faceted or "backwards" to get profiles to "talk" to each other. Sometimes that feature is not as intuitive as you might hope.

David H.

A great way to set goals, track progress, and clearly set tasks and deadlines for team members.

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

QuickBase is, first of all, affordable. There are many different products on the market with similar functionality but also with a price tag which renders them impractical for many small businesses. With this software, we have been able to assign projects and deadlines to each member of the team while simultaneously providing a visual as to how their project contributes to the larger picture. Furthermore, this software has allowed us to identify projects which require more manpower or can be done with less; the identification of these situation has allowed us to proactively correct assignments before consternation among the team members arises.

Cons

The User Interface is a little confusing to navigate initially. To counteract this, we put together an instructional presentation and had our team members perform a brief exercise to ensure they were well equipped.

• Industry: Accounting

Simple Platform - Limited Applications Available

Reviewed on 08/12/2018

Pros

The platform is simple. It encourages organizations to use single sign-on for access to many of the tools needed during the work day. These tools can consist of booking travel, reporting expenses, hotel website, airline websites, file sharing tools, 401k information, benefits, links to where policies are shared, internal scheduling, etc. Lots of positive notes on the ease of use side, however, not all applications are supported.

Cons

The platform itself is well built, however, the improvements on allowing many more solutions to be integrated on this platform could be better. It has served our company just fine for now though.

Our Database Solution

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

The software has automated so much work through the reporting features saving us lots of time, and even creates an automatic schedule to run and email reports as needed.

Pros

The program is very flexible allowing you to essentially create a database that will handle nearly everything you need, and also grow to scale with your business. It is many steps up from using spreadsheets, and has helped automate a lot of tasks for us through report features.

Cons

The program is not intuitive to use, and feels like little real live support is given in helping you after you are initially set up. The cost also increased on us and I'm not sure I feel the value fits the cost... but it is the best solution I can find in the market right now.

Corinne K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

QuickBase is customizable and has helped my nonprofit track grants, events, individual...

Reviewed on 22/09/2017

Extremely useful for grants management. We have been using the nonprofit manager application for three years and love it. We also created six other applications to track social services including afterschool care, legal advocacy and public program application assistance.

Pros

Very customizable, quick and easy search. Helpful support services. Low-cost. Can easily download information and upload information from Excel.

Cons

Wish I had more time and knew more to customize the templates with my organizations branding, but as a backend management system. This product is perfect right out of the box.

Shari W.

Database software being used for Project Management and collection of data for Accounting

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

I like the premise of QB and the ability to become what it needs to become. However, if basing my review on what I need it for, which is Project Management, Estimating and Accounting, it would take a lot of time and money to 'become' close to what is needed and some features such as Estimating, would never be able to accomplish what we need on the General Construction platform.

Pros

The ability/option to customize as needed.
The ability to add other modules and manipulate the user interface.

Cons

The lack of functions needed unless customized. Unless you have an IT person on-board or handy, it is unlikely that you will get the results you want without creating other issues. We had a dedicated employee with QB experience, to work on QB build-out only and even she had difficulty creating and modifying to make the program work for several different divisions within our company, all with different needs.

Michael L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Strong functionality and flexibility

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

Pros

I like the flexibility that Quickbase offers. We run our entire business using the tool. It has the capability to track most aspects of our business.

Cons

User functionality is less than ideal. If it is used purely as a backend database, it is fine, but using QB forms make the user experience difficult to manage.

Michael M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Quickbase is the viable way to escape your menagerie of spreadsheets

Reviewed on 16/10/2015

Pros

Quickbase lets me create relational databases that are flexible to the demands of our clients, easy to teach to others, but very rewarding to those who master it.

Cons

While they are catching up with future releases, there are constant demands from our customers for more cosmetic options for Reports & Graphs (choosing to hide sub-totals/totals, column shading, more control over what people see when they drill down from reports).

Candice M.

QuickBase-Everything you need, don't beleive me go see for yourself!

Reviewed on 29/09/2015

Pros

What I love most about QuickBase is the versatility and mouldability to meet my needs and future needs. QuickBase and be altered to meet the needs of any users. Its is easy enough to use, if you are not a seasoned app creator, QB Staff are more than happy to help tailor QB to your needs.

Cons

I cannot think of a single thing I do not like. I mean to say the QB customer service will bend over back wards to help you, that can be kind of a drag.. :p QuickBase is your one stop shop for everything you need to be succesful.
You need to try QuickBase to really understand and see what it can do for you.

Jami S.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Quick Base

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

It was a nice program, just too expensive for our small company needs.

Pros

We used Quick Base as our first CRM program. It is a pretty robust program. Has many features available

Cons

We felt, as a small company that it was too robust of a program and too costly for what we needed.

Jessica T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Love it!

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Pros

We use Quick Base on a daily basis. With all the customization you can do, we use it for everything in our office! Great organization!

Cons

The one thing I don't really care for, is the filtering options. Sometimes I have to scroll for days to find what I am looking for.

Maxwell S.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great for automation, team-collaboration database creation and implementation

Reviewed on 15/09/2019

Overall very good, allowed us to make an aggregate database where we could keep all projects at reach. In addition, we could also share data with partners easily and have specific views for them in the platform.

Pros

Quick Base was relatively straightforward and its low-code structure allows easy, fast input of data into the sheet. With this, then it can be accessed very easily by other coworkers, and others. It definitely streamlines business processes as opposed to sending over Excel sheets via email.

Cons

There is no calendar function which would have proved to be useful when needing to keep important dates in mind, at least I could never find one. There is still some need for manual inputs if you need things updated on a monthly basis, etc.

Lora M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Quickbase

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Our company inputs all inventory held for sale and accumulates cost of goods per inventory piece so the margins are easily tracked

Pros

Powerful database to store and analyze data. Our company customized the platform to align with the business needs.

Cons

The reports are clunky and not intuitive to customize. Sometimes several reports must be pieced together and downloaded to Excel to obtain the data needed.

Fanny M.

Poor experience

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Pros

Poor software, moving to Salesforce software.

Cons

Constant error messages after editing your data

Nate T.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A agile development platform, that can be adapted quickly to changes.

Reviewed on 01/10/2015

Pros

Think a simple version of microsoft access, with the ability to harness the powerful abilities of the web, using Javascript, and jQuery.

Cons

Alignment is justified left, which can leave nasty large white spaces and native scripting support is low.

Michael B.

Great resource for small businesses!

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

I'm looking forward to seeing how this product grows and adapts as industries change over time.

Pros

QuickBase has allowed me to merge several tasks and activities that I was used to doing manually. So much time saved! I am able to track employees hours, see itemized sales reports, and keep track of vendors and orders all in one place. The best part is that it is all cloud-based, so I can access it from anywhere.

Cons

Integration with other programs wasn't as much of a breeze as I had anticipated. Forunately, if I need help figuring anything out, I can always call customer support.

Gerardo M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A great start to automated process

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

I started to use Quick base as a very basic user for Ivee been fond of the potential that could get inside my company. It’s easy to train new users to adopt, use and deploy solutions inside QuickBase. You have to know what the process is and how it can get the advantage of being deployed in QuickBase.

Pros

It’s an easy way to use and train inside the company to have a great start for an automated process that was isolated before in Excel files. You can add some easy to deploy programs and see the advantages very soon.

Cons

The interface could be improved, this is not a deal breaker but it could be better.

Drew V.

Have used Quickbase for several years.

Reviewed on 18/12/2015

Pros

Ease of Use and Development. Customer service is very responsive and they are regularly adding new features.

Cons

Mobile Interface could stand to be updated. There aren't currently many options for customizing

Dennis S.

Overall good value if you are willing to gets your hands dirty.

Reviewed on 02/02/2015

If you are looking for an out of the box product, this may not be for you. If you looking for a solution that gives you a flexible solution that you can develop your own solution and at a cost effective price, it's worth taking Quickbase for a spin.

Pros

This platform is flexible and there are loads of templates to start from. Cost is very low when you use QB as a platform and consolidate all your silos of data into one repository and do something with it that you would not be able to do otherwise.

Cons

There is a lot of online documentation, but its not nearly as comprehensive and organized as I would like. I am always able to Google my issue and find enough information to resolve my issue. The last printed book was nearly 10 years ago.

Taylor T.

Helps with organizing projects when you don't have IT help

Reviewed on 11/11/2015

Pros

Easy to use. Help has all the answers you'll need.

Cons

Limited advanced functionality after you get the hang of it.

Matt S.

Fast and Efficient Platform for Building Applications

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

Overall I have found the QuickBase platform to be the easiest and fastest way to build applications the help us migrate spreadsheets into a consolidated database.

Pros

Dynamic form rules allow for the cleanest and most efficient forms for the end users.
The roles are completely configurable by tables, sections, forms, reports, and fields
Automated notifications and subscription emails are available and customizable
Very quick learning curve.

Cons

Does not currently allow multiple languages (e.g. Japanese, Mandarin, Cyrillic characters).
Notifications do not allow for multiple reports in one email.
They could expand the formula functionality.

Robert D.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Platform!!

Reviewed on 17/11/2015

I have been using QuickBase for over 2 and 1/2 years. In that time I have come to grow and love the solution. It is very easy to use and customize and the reporting is top notch!

Pros

I love the powerful reporting and the ease of use.

Cons

I don't believe there are any cons at this time.

Justin D.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Quickbase from an employees point of view

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

Pros

I had no teacher or instructor and was still able to grasp what I needed. This software can be customized to the different needs of individual companies.

Cons

Sometimes it was buggy when I ran it on an extension monitor I had.

Response from QuickBase

Thanks for the review Justin - I'm glad you were able to pick it up quickly! Hope you can get certified one day