AutoEntry

Eliminate manual data entry for your small business

4.4/5

193 Software options

Ceejay J.

Good at Posting into Sage 50 Accounts

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

even when we have to manually put the order number in before we publish, it is still saving time.

Pros

AutoEntry attaches the invoice in to Sage.
the chat is very responsive and friendly.

Cons

It does not automate if you need your order number in Sage.
It is a lot more expensive than the competitor.

Dext Prepare

Reasons for Switching to AutoEntry

More automated and attached the invoice in to Sage
Shivali M.
  • Industry: Accounting

I use it daily... I couldnt be without it

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

I love it I actually hadn't realised how much I needed something like AutoEntry.

Pros

I love that it tells me where there are gaps in my data. It means I don't have to sift through bank statements to look for missing data. It is quick too. Customer services have been amazing and the training is exceptional.

Cons

I hadn't realised I would use it so much and it would cost as much as it does. It is still really reasonable in the grand scheme of things.

Dext Prepare

Reasons for Switching to AutoEntry

I found their response rate very good and the Customer services were exceptional.
Stephan L.

Excellent expense capturing ssytem

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Quick and efficient data capturing.

Pros

The ease of use. Just take out your phone, open the app, take a photo and submit. Then the invoice is on the system ready to be approved and to be imported into the accounting system.

Cons

Sometimes the synchronizing with the accounting system is not working and had to be reset.

Terry P.
  • Industry: Accounting

Was there another way before Autoentry? Goodbye manual input!

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Pros

An intuitive product that delivers what is says - sales invoices, purchase invoices and bank statements seamlessly delivered into the accounting product (Quickbooks Online) in super fast time.
The access rights are very flexible meaning we can work with clients who we also set up to use it and the recently added App makes it even easier for them.
Its 'Pay As You Go' pricing structure is extremely attractive, with every useage credit available across all clients so there is never money wasted on unused capacity - unlike other similar products.
Efficient, inexpensive, consistent and reliable, all backed by great support - I wonder how I managed without it.

Cons

None at all.
... but I did have to invest in a better scanner to cope with the volume I am now putting through Autoentry!

S-j C.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Fantastic program

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Large volumes of Sales and Purchase invoices are mainly what Autoentry is used for, by educating our clients to scan invoices over in batches, the upload to autoentry is so much easier than wading through mountains of paperwork, and autoentry notifies you of any duplications.

Pros

The more you use it the more it remembers ! Consistency of allocation to nominals being a key factor, plus the attachment being within sage reduces the amount of paper and ink and space used with conventional filing.

Cons

On occasion some items have not been transferred into sage, but the easy fix is to unpublish and republish which is a 2 click fix.

Tom R.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Ease of Use and Integration

Reviewed on 03/07/2020

Previously I'd scan all of my PL invoices to my server drive to allow access and review for authorisation and then enter them on Sage. With AE this is all done as one function.

Pros

Fantastic product, easy to use, intuitive. The ability to split invoices across multiple cost-centers with differing vat rates is easier than posting directly into Sage, not to mention the multi-currency functionality. A Brilliant Product. The support team is second to none, with difficulties being resolved in minutes. A great product

Cons

If I have a wish list it would be to allow copying from the above line as in Sage with the F6 key.......... but I'm being pedantic

Kim P.
  • Used for 1+ year

A great app but it needs a couple of tweeks

Reviewed on 01/12/2017

Pros

Extremely easy to use and takes a lot of hard work out of rescue client work. I mainly use it to extract data from bank and credit card statements to produce import files but I have used it for purchase invoices as well. I normally upload documents during the evening so that they're ready for me the next morning and the accuracy is second to none.

Cons

A few tweaks are needed, in particular, when uploading documents the software doesn't actually tell you that the documents have been uploaded successfully, that would really put my mind at rest that the document was being processed without uploading a second time (which I've done on several occasions) - can work out a bit costly when uploading bank statements.

Zyaad P.
  • Industry: Accounting

AutoEntry brings efficiency to clients' bookkeeping

Reviewed on 09/06/2018

Pros

Having to spend less time coding and manually inputting invoices into accounting system and its machine learning capability.

Cons

Sometimes during busy periods, it can take a little longer for the system to process the uploaded information. I believe this is an area where some improvements are required.

Donna B.

Free trial review

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

So far reasonably impressed with it all. Especially the help and support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

Hopefully in the very near future once we have gotten the kinks ironed out the idea of less paper work to have to file and keep

Cons

We work very closely using project coding within sage. There are a few gremlins within this process that need to be sorted before we would 100% commit to switching fully to AE.

Katriona R.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A real time saver

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

I like the pricing structure, in that you are paying for what you use and not per client. I also like the fact that AE will scan in bank statements - I have clients who won't use bank feeds or allow me access to their accounts to import statements - Paper is still the way for them!!

Cons

The one thing I would like from Auto Entry is the ability to forward client emails with invoice attachments or if the client has scanned and emailed an invoice to me. I have to print off the attachment or the scanned in invoice, scan it again and then email on to auto entry, no time saving here.

An Auto Entry App would be great so that I or the client could capture the image of the document and send straight to Auto Entry (See Datamolino App)

Alan B.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Very useful timesaving tool

Reviewed on 01/08/2017

Pros

Autoentry integrates very well with our Accounting System, Xero, and we have it set up so suppliers can directly email their invoices to autoentry. Eliminates a lot of manual admin time, Supplier Information is automatically linked to Xero which provides default coding. We also use another app to route invoices for approval which automates the whole process.

Cons

Sometimes it seems to take a long time (several hours) for invoices to be loaded into autoentry after submission

Lloyd E.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Pros

Ease of use and speed are invaluable in managing client work.
Pricing is flexible and easy to manage
Integration with software is very good

Cons

Would like the ability to reconcile bank accounts within the product for smaller clients which would be extremely helpful

Valerie M.

good product

Reviewed on 02/12/2017

Pros

Excellent and swift, easy to use and their helpful making the program compatible with software. Overall very good

Cons

Sometimes slow response from webchat which means you can't always get an instant answer which is frustrating

Good learning and recognition

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Pros

After an initial quick but successful trial, we've been rolling this out to clients over the last few months with no resistance. In fact, they have liked the ability to send invoices immediately without having to parcel them up.
Good recognition and quick to learn so its cutting down posting times. Better turn around times in the office and better info for clients. Win win.

Rebecca N.

Love the ease of scanning and loading docs into QBO

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Saves manual data entry for many transactions that need more detail. Clients that do a lot of cash transactions this helps to speed up data entry and coding.

Pros

It is great at integrating my clients receipts into QBO. Love that I can customize the monthly subscription and the number of integration I choose will roll over from month to month without loosing them. It is a life savor for data entry when working on clients that need a lot of cleanup work done to get their books up to date! Easy to use so I can delegate lower level staff to do all my scanning of receipts for review.

Cons

Time, I just have to do a lot of scanning. I am hiring a part-time worker do this. There just isn't anyway to get around this part of the job.

Better than receipt bank

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

Easy to use and therefore easy for clients to use.
Help team have answered all of my queries.
I like how you can select how the invoices are paid, which I found out recently.
Saves a lot of time, compared to entering invoices!

Cons

Can take a long time to convert the bank statement into CSV.
Sometimes pick ups credit invoices as purchase invoices.

Simon M.

Autoentry review

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

An efficient, speedy software that we would be lost without. Makes our processes much faster, is easy to use and the staff are always helpful and incredibly quick to reply.

Pros

Ability to process large amounts of bank transactions in a short time.
Speedy integration with other accounting software.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say at all about Autoentry.

Lindsay S.

A good time saver

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

It's simple to set up and easy for my clients to use. I like the way AutoEntry integrates with QuickBooks Online.

Cons

I don't like it when items get stuck in processing. Some of my clients send a spreadsheet of their expenses along with the actual receipts. The spreadsheets then remain in processing.

Melissa T.
  • Industry: Automotive

Problems, Problems, Problems

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

Does not sync, always crashes , looses supplier accounts, every time you speak to someone on the chat even though the same issue happens week in week out you always get a different response. Never resolved. Its been 3 weeks now its not worked.
If you want to keep your accounts up to date don't use auto entry.
Support never resolve the issue.

Pros

Its easy to use however it hardly works

Cons

If you want to keep your accounts up to date don't use auto entry.

Walter W.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Promises are a mile wide and an inch deep

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Overall experience - Terrrible!

Pros

Its functionality and time saving benefits

Cons

The free trial period is not free, I needed to use far more credits and they di not disclos that they charge you 25p per additional credit. After complaining that free means free, Autoentry gave me credits to compensate for this and then they took them away at the end of the month (auto expiry). I have tried to reason with them but they are so short-sighted that they will not give me the credits back which would of lasted to the end of the free trial period. Credits lost £64 vs monthly subscription that is now cancelled £78. Autoentry, please the maths on this one.
There are other products with far less month end hassle and better customer service than this. Be advised stay away!

Joanne T.
  • Industry: Accounting

Autoentry saves valuable time and recording accuracy

Reviewed on 01/12/2017

Pros

The photos upload into the bookkeeping software so you save time from hunting out the relevant paperwork. It is easy to use for the client so they do not object to using it. Every problem I have encountered has been resolved very quickly from support.

David L.

Am I missing something?

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

I use spreadsheets and bridging software for most client needs. Keeps it simple, and avoids the client getting in a pickle with double entry packages such as QuickBooks or Xero. No disrespect to those products at all, but they are not needed for most of my client base. All I wanted AutoEntry to do was take the scanned purchase invoices and create a spreadsheet that showed supplier name, invoice date, the net/VAT/gross split and the cost category. It can do it, but it takes twice as long as just battering through a bundle of invoices at your desk. There are too many steps, too many forced processes. Given that I tried it with a couple of pub clients, who had a tiny volume of invoices due to lockdown, I'm genuinely stumped as to how it would have coped once the trade resumes properly. Customer support was good, the product is not.

Pros

Not much, other than the fact that it stores the image of the invoice, so it can be referred to if needed once the originals have been filed away or returned to the client.

Cons

It's clunky, non-intuitive and just reinforces my scepticism about systems that claim to be some kind of Holy Grail for accountants.

Great functionality and pricing structure

Reviewed on 06/12/2017

Pros

The pricing structure attracted me to switch from one of their competitors as you are able to carry credits forward from month to month. The credits can be used against a number of clients rather than based on a monthly amount per client based on usage so it feels that you are getting value for money.

Able to process purchases, sales and bank statements. Previously I have used Receipt Bank that could only deal with purchases.

Good integration with Xero.

Cons

Would be useful to know how long it is likely to take for data to be processed to help manage workflow.

Great

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

Pros

As an accountant I have now used AutoEntry in line with a varied client list and it has really improved our productivity.

Clients now send all there expenses to the email address you are supplied and send us there bank statements at the end of the year.

Really has cut down on our data entry allowing us to spend more time reviewing and assisting where possible.

Cons

Links up with most accounting software but Digita is not on that list. Sage is also not seamless, only provides an import file. Hopefully there will be the option in the future to link to Sage drive

Myles D.
  • Industry: Design

Auto Entry has made our xero integration so much easier

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

Pros

It's good to use, easy to manage and makes my life easier as we're a small business who use it to help our accountant

Cons

It takes some time to get used to the interface and some training was needed to ensure correct usage.