Virtuagym Reviews

Virtuagym

All-in-One Club Management Software

3.7/5 (65 reviews)
Ryan L.

By far the BEST training software for Fitness Professionals!

Reviewed on 03/02/2017

I have been using Virtuagym since April 2016.. I have used other platforms for my business (Mindbody, AmStatz, MyPTHub).. Virtuagym is on another level. There is a reason why they are internationally recognized and used by gyms around the WORLD. What sets them apart from any other service out there is there database of exercises and the ability to demonstrate each movement without having to be sent to a youtube video. The workout builder is awesome and very easy to use. The ONLY problem I can say about it is I wish there was a way to switch between reps vs time on exercises, and allow a way to create supersets & circuits. I have been able to easily work around that by just adding a note in the specific workouts I create. And their customer service has already confirmed them working on updating that portion of the software. Speaking of customer service.. They are amazing! You can call them anytime and speak to a real person! If you email them about an issue, someone replies within an hour.
Scheduling clients is super easy. The app allows clients to register for their classes and automatically tracks remaining sessions/credits.
The nutrition side is great for holding clients accountable and works similarly to myfitnesspal, but better, mainly because it is integrated with the workout portion of the program allowing clients to track calories burned/consumed. As the trainer it allows us to monitor each client individually allowing the info to remain private between trainer/client.
The software also has a online portal allowing you to create "groups".. This allows you to separate members and easily communicate with your entire team.
Overall I absolutely LOVE Virtuagym. Whether you're running a small studio (like me) or managing a large capacity box gym, investing in Virtuagym will instantly separate you from your "competition", especially with the custom mobile app!
*****5 STARS ALL DAY! *****

Pros

Everything! But most of all I like the Workout Builder. 2nd would be the "Online Portal"

Cons

The ONLY thing I wish they would update is the Workout Builder.. Offering buttons to more easily switch reps/time, type of workout (circuit, hiit, supersets). Also maybe a way to copy exercises if you are doing them more than once within a workout? Virtuagym has already confirmed they are working on updates. In the meantime I have been able to easily work around these by adding little notes within the specific workouts.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Ryan,

thank you so much for your feedback! Just reading this made us feel proud about the hard work we all put into creating not only a great product but also cater each client's specific needs.

As my colleagues have already confirmed, we are currently building a new version of the workout editor which will include many more different functions such as circuits and supersets.

All best,

Joost H.

VG can be big

Reviewed on 16/06/2016

I like VG because it offers it all. In the beginning the development went very fast, but lately I didn't see a lot of improvements. The small details make VG hard to work with. And also for training, I don't like it. It's to complex The supportservice is great and doing the best they can.
I hope the development will show some results in the next year.

Pros

Virtuagym tries to be a total sollution, and will be that. But for no it's "in progress".

Has a lot to offer.
The foodapp is great
Customer administrations is good, but need a lot of solvings
Roster app is great. Easy overview of groupsessons and PT.
Extra pay options are good.

Cons

Trainingsapp is to difficult to use. Takes to much time to search for excersises.
App is not ready for Ipad.
Customer administrations is not perfect, but for that goal it has to be perfect. It's so unhandy that you cannot undo your actions.
Coachingapp is not usable to coach. I want to get a sigh when it's my cliënts birthday, when they want or need contact with an instructor.
Taskapp is not easy to use.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Joost, thank you for your honest and elaborate feedback! We are very sorry to hear that you feel Virtuagym is not offering the things you need as a total package at this point. Lately we have focused a lot of attention on creating new option in our Financial part. For example, we now offer recurring online payments for the whole world! Next to that, we've had updates like iCal/Google Calendar connection with the scheduling app, scanning your POS items with a barcode scanner, more check-in options and in the next update you'll see we've been working hard on a Walkthrough system for new (and existing) customers! In the upcoming months, we expect to release more features regarding invoices, but also a new Schedule and of course the long awaited Workout Editor. We are still working on that, it's just a huge project! We'd love to have a call to talk about important things you feel are missing and how we could improve your experience. I will contact you later this week! Regards, Floor

6.0/10
Daniel D.

Virtuagym: great all-in-one system

Reviewed on 10/03/2017

My partner and I began with Virtuagym after I had investigated their booth at the 2016 Club Industry Show in Chicago.
From a mobile-fitness owner's standpoint and for traditional clubs, this system can be your go-to for a complete software.
First off, their support is exceptional with live chat and dedicated, rapid email response. All of my concerns and questions were always answered in a timely manner and from my requests, they've made changes to our system for us on what we wanted.

For specific feautures, Ill touch on a few, but their pdf catalog/brochure really lays out everything nicely for what is offered.
New and existing members can sign up for the system via request or going to the club's "online shop" where they may browse the club's products and packages. They can view a schedule with the club's class listings and book their spot. Member's receive their own profile page which can be customized and it is part of the club's own social feed. Groups can be added for different demographic purposes for what population the content speaks to.

Members can create their own workouts from a large exercise and activity database, track their progress with many measurement options. Track food with a huge database of foods as well as create your own meals by saving particular foods in the nutrition diary as a meal, so it can be accessed later if the client makes and eats the same thing. Nutrition facts are clearly displayed and this can be a good tool, however does take time and work for one to become proficient and willing to do this all the time.

The system syncs with Fitbit for basic statistics and VG has their own activity trackers that go with their system, NeoHealth, which could be a promotion to members.

From a personal coaching standpoint, I would grade this system a B. Ive been told some updates are near that would work out some kinks and be useful additions. Push notifications, a "circuit/superset" option in the workout builder, majority of posts on the social feed go through, but some receive an error and most be re-entered.
But alot is offered. You can send workouts and activities to the client's activity calendar, set up and fill in their meal plan and set goals.

For business, everything is offered. Point of sale, kiosk check ins, marketing, services, memberships and more can be edited for the individual club or coach's liking

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your nice review and for your accurate description of our service! It is great to see how well you are doing and how efficiently we are helping you run your business!

Features such as push notification and superset editor (and much more!) are currently in our roadmap, and we hope they will be implemented soon, in order to make us deserve your A-grade!

We thank you for the valuable time that you have spent to write this review, and please do not hesitate to reach out if anything!

Have a great day,

Walter - Virtuagym Customer Success Department

Oliver R.

BUSINESS PLANNING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

My business model required a software where we can prescribe and schedule exercise for business travellers and the Virtugym software has way exceeded our expectations and in fact has shaped our business plan much more than we could of antipated.

Pros

The software is extremely versatile which has shaped the business direction of our physical activity intervention for the corporate market.

The number of exercises and activities listed in the library is amazing, you can really shape your fitness programming to any demographic, we specialise in corporate health and the library provides everything and more for our exercise prescription.

Finally, I find that the using the animated personal trainer is really motivating for clients as they are not intimidated by a perfectly toned personal trainer, which can be demotivating, this tool enables you to look at the character and visualise that you can do the exercise demonstrated by looking at an illustration.

Cons

In the membership phase of setting up the software, it would be useful if you can delete membership you no longer wish to keep active, you can only disable them. However, when I asked a member of the customer support team did explain that other users accidentally deleted memberships, so this is why Virtuagym implemented the disable option. So I guess the users need to be more carefull.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Oliver,

Thank you so much for your amazing review and the time you took to write it!

We are so happy that you and your customers are happy with our product. Of course, we are aware that we can always improve and therefore customers like you who spend time to give us valuable feedback are truly important to us. Hopefully we'll be able to find a more elegant solution to the membership deletion in the future!

If you have any more feedback for us, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via chat or email!
- Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

Allen L.

Customer retention and ease of communication was our primary goal this software smashed those goals

Reviewed on 08/06/2018

Pros

The fact that I can communicate with all my members in one place, schedule, take payments and have the full functionality of the finance section, but also add in as many staff members as needed specifically to their individual departments just Love this option. Great to track memberships and attendance as well as online option to our business.
The support by far is AWESOME the team that looks after the UK clients are simply incredible and they go over and above to help and have worked late working on our system and to know that you have a full office pulling out all the stops to make things awesome for your business is such a relief. Telephone, email and chat feature are the support methods and when that office is shut other offices worldwide pick up the issue and assist so the support package is by far the best I've come across and without them I would have not stayed with the software. But they have gone above and beyond to help us get it right and that I value a lot, team is fantastic real-life hero's

Cons

The notifications are not very quick, and the apps are individual as opposed to being just one for portal, food and coaching. Lot to get head around at first but support is incredible

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Allen,

Thank you so much for your kind review!

We are so happy to hear you're happy with our product and services. As a company, we try to improve and learn every single day and that is why your feedback is so incredibly important to us!

We know what a daunting and difficult process it is to adapt and learn a new system. There is usually a lot to learn and not much time to do so - However, that is why we are here to help, assist, consult and guide you.

Please do know that if you have any feedback or require any assistance from us we're happy to help! :) - Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

Patrick M.

I have had success with the Virtua Gym software package.

Reviewed on 18/03/2017

I have been using the Virtua Gym branded app & all in one package since September 2016. Initially it took a bit of time to navigate the system and find out how I could use the features for the services we offer. After some testing, we built new meals plans, as well as integrated workout plans through the software. My team of Dietitians have been able to incorporate the Virtua gym software into some of our planning and tracking, and our clients have had great success. The software is all inclusive, it has many features available to you, so you can customize your software package to your needs. Overall, I am very satisfied with the product, and it has allowed me to expand my services offering. Customer services has always helped me with any issues I've had. I recommend VirtuaGym!

Pros

The many different software features to run a health clinic

Cons

I was told that the software would link with fitbit scales, however, they do not link to the scales, only the trackers.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Patrick!

Thanks so much for your kind comment. Familiarizing with the system at the beginning might indeed take more time than after becoming a Virtuagym master. This is absolutely regular, as it relates to a new and revolutionary way of working! We are very happy that this time was well spent and we hope to have addressed you to the best, as we always strive for!

We're working to expand the range of hardwares that we connect to, therefore stay tuned in order to get the best out of our service!

If anything, please do not hesitate to give a shout and we'll be happy to help you out.

Have a great one!

Walter - Virtuagym Customers Success team

Justine G.

Not what I needed

Reviewed on 09/05/2016

This software is better suited to someone wanting to manage clients one-on-one, manually.

After trialling for a few days, I realised that it wasn't going to suit my business coaching needs as we do some group programs (as do many Personal Trainers and gyms) and I need a system that has automations integrated and the ability to tag and group my clients based on the programs they are doing. This system cannot do this.

This company doesn't advertise a free trial period like many competitors but is still bound by the cooling off period on its contracts. I cancelled 5 days into trying to set up the system. A week later, after advising the product wouldn't suit, I am still waiting on an answer about a requested refund and cancellation of my contract. Even though by law, Virtuagym must provide at least a 7 day cooling off period, 8 days later they still won't confirm that I can cancel. I still have to wait 'on management reviewing' my case?

I have trialled 3 other systems and haven't had any issue up to this point. There are some amazing programs on the market but it's hard to ascertain the functionality of system until you work in it.

I have now had to advise my bank of this dispute and to challenge the current charge plus any further. I am really disappointed with this poor service.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Justine,

Thank you for reviewing Virtuagym. It's a pity our software didn't completely match your needs.

I would like to clarify something for the readers of your review. We do not offer a trial right now, because we want to help you get the most value out of the system. A guided onboarding process has been the most successful for our existing clients. Our solution is very extensive and flexible, and therefore we prefer to help our clients getting the most out of it based on their needs. Together.

Also, as far as I know, a 7-day cool off period only applies to consumers, and not to businesses. I can see you signed a 1-year contract with us. By law, I don't think we did anything wrong. This is the first time I heard about this specific case happening, so I assume that's why it takes a bit longer to get back to you.

Our support team will be back in touch with you soon, and I'm sure we'll find a satisfactory solution.

Best regards,

Tommy Klouwers
Marketing Manager

Mariano F.

'Client Success Team' & Updates problems

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Not as it was described upon selection

Pros

Workout plans, meal plans and invoicing on 1 software

Cons

'Client Success Team' & all the issues that come up with each developer's update. After doing our best to keep up with the numerous issues encountered we have 2 major issues that are severely affecting our business. We have already emailed the 'client success team' for months but no temporary solution/help was provided and honestly we doubt even if the issues were understood, further to the replies received. We also asked for the contact details of someone at a higher position and where informed that he can give us a call only next week! 1 of the issues has been reported 3 months ago and till today no feedback/solution whatsoever were offered. It's already the second day with the 2nd issue and this is keeping our business on hold. For obvious reasons such issue is costing us a lot of money plus damage to our reputation with our clients.

3.0/10

So much to offer

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

I enjoy using Virtuagym and so do my clients.

Pros

I love how much the software has to offer! I wanted a software that does it all to automate some of the work. They have scheduling, coaching, exercises, nutrition, activity tracker, point of sale, online shop, challenges, etc. The customer service has been amazing!

Cons

Because it has so much to offer, it has been a bit overwhelming setting it up and learning. However they offer lots of training videos and 1-on-1 training, you just need to set time aside for that.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi There!

Thanks for leaving such a wonderful review for Virtuagym!

We are glad that you are enjoying our product to take of your scheduling, coaching, exercises, nutrition, activity tracker, point of sale, online shop, challenges. It sounds like Virtuagym is taking care of some heavy lifting so that you can focus on making the world a healthier place! We work very diligently to give you the tools to do what you do best so I will pass your review along as it will provide our team with great encouragement to keep doing what they are doing.

I know you mentioned that because it is a lot to learn a new software that you have felt overwhelmed. Nonetheless, we are happy to be here with you and for you every step of the way. Just reach out, we are just an email away at [email protected] !

Thank you, once again, for your kind words.

Junior L.

data driven!

Reviewed on 04/02/2017

I love using virtuagym as a trainer, but even more so as a business owner. It has made my client management so much more efficient. My absolute favorite part is the simple set up of the body metrics! As a trainer, it is imperative that you keep good notes, as well as document accurate changes in their body, strength, cardio, etc. And since we do this weekly, the paper stacked up fast in each client folder. Now, I save the paper cost, and purchased an additional laptop for the gym. We can't say enough good things about virtuagym and their staff! Happy to be a part of the team!

Pros

pretty user friendly. And a lot to offer.

Cons

the workout builder needs to hurry with the options of circuit workouts, and drop sets.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Junior!

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to have you in the Virtuagym family! It's so nice to hear that Virtuagym helped you with both the practical as well as the administrative aspects of your fitness business. Also your feedback about creating a payroll option for staff sounds amazing so I will make sure to discuss this with our product developers.

Kind regards,

Cassandra L.

After using several other software's, Virtuagym is by far the best!

Reviewed on 27/01/2017

VirtuaGym has given us an amazing online platform to offer everything you and your client needs. The software is easy to use, super affordable and can handle just about anything we need it to do in order to run our fitness center. The members really enjoy the applications especially the nutritional guidance. It has been absolutely amazing to have the ability to add our own QR codes, youtube videos, video workouts, and images for our pro members to have access to has been valuable. Building the classes, schedules and memberships took some time to figure out but the support was above and beyond all competition. They never complain about how many times we ask for help and are extremely responsive and knowledgeable. VirtuaGym is constantly updating their software to meet the needs of this industry and I am excited to see how much they grow in the future. If you dream big for your business then there's no need to shop around for any other software/membership program.

Pros

Easy to Use
Versatile
Great Customer Service
Affordable

Cons

App can be difficult

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Cassandra,

many thanks for your enthusiastic review and kind words! We are happy and proud to hear that you and your clients find the system interesting and comprehensive and we are looking forward to hear your success story!

All best,

Tracy Y.

Great product, terrible "contract terms"

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

After 15 months of using the system it is now more than I need and far too expensive given that I have downsized my operations. I have tried to cancel only to be told that because I was into a second term of the 12 month contract, and not provided notice within the month before renewal, basically "too bad - pay out your contract - that's what you agreed to over a year ago".
The sales guy explained to me on sign up that I was committed for one year... alarm bells should have sounded then...

When I asked where my renewal reminder was 3 months ago I was told they don't do those and that these are the terms I had agreed to. Even big end insurance companies are required to provide renewal notices! Most subscription services confident in their product give the ability to cancel your subscription at any time.

Pros

The product is great for a big end gym. I like the social media side of things in building a community.

Cons

As a personal trainer of a small business it has proved more than I need and far too expensive given our exchange rates.

Alessandro V.

best program in the fitness industry

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

Having this program has helped me to expand my clients

Pros

What I liked most about this program is the large amount of exercises. The application of training and nutrition are fantastic. Customers will be really happy.

Cons

What I liked the least is the time taken to build a training card. It can be improved.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you so much for your review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoy our software and that it has helped you to expand your client base!

Also, thank you so much for your feedback. It is very important that we get this valuable insight into your user experience so we can continue to improve our product every day.

If you have have more feedback for us or a good idea or suggestion, you can always let us know via our contact page: https://virtuagym.com/contact. In addition, please never hesitate to reach out to our support team via [email protected] - We are happy to help!

Thank you for your time to write a review.

Best wishes,
Anna - Virtuagym Client Success Department

Taylor B.

SCAMMERS- BUYERS BEWARE!!! This is long but please read I am trying to save you some coins.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 18/12/2018

THE WORST! After a few days of dealing with a faulty product and receiving little to no help with my issue, I reached out to my account manager, to have my money refunded and contract canceled on 11/8. I've used other services in the past and I've never had to sign any contract that did not "allow" me to cancel, which should have been a red flag. They also have no trial period which is another anomaly with Virtuagym and also, another red flag. She waited just a day before a week (11/14) to respond to me and she claimed that my contract was submitted for cancellation because "management handles cancellations". When I responded and asked who I should be waiting to hear from, she did not respond and that email remains unanswered. I'd like to note that prior to me reaching out for a refund, she was very quick with her replies. After that, getting in contact with someone was nearly impossible no matter how many times I called or emailed them. I made my last call to them the day after Thanksgiving and left a voicemail saying that I was waiting until Monday before I called my bank to dispute the charge. I waited until Wednesday and heard nothing so I disputed the charge. The funniest thing about all of this that the workout editor as I am typing this STILL does not work. Finally, on 12/5, almost a month since I reached out, I got an email saying my contract was being submitted to management...even though she claimed she submitted it on 11/14.

Pros

I liked the multiple discussion groups that could be created. Theoretically, virtuagym has features that COULD, could being the keyword, change the game. Unfortunately, the system had way too many glitches to be used for business purposes unless you are trying to look like a joke who has no idea what they are doing.

Cons

Faulty Workout editor and the other glitches I experienced. I wish I could add video to these reviews to show what the workout editor was doing since its hard to explain, but basically, it was not working as it should AT ALL. Even customer service AND my account manager, who conveniently disappeared when I asked for my money back, admitted that the redirects that were happening within the editor made no sense. It was clearly faulty. I was also unable to message clients within the software because it would tell me "no records found" even though if you went to the client list, they were clearly in the system.

I was also given little to no guidance when I was having an issue with payments, not processing. Basically, everyone has to be manually charged if you have a service fee in place. So all my clients were only being charged the service fee, and the monthly balance would land in outstanding. When I reached out to customer service about this and asked if there was something I need to do manually in order for the rest of the payment to process, I was told no. I even asked a follow-up question to MAKE SURE there was nothing I needed to do. Of course, it was later revealed that the outstanding balances were there because I did not send the invoices, which means YES, you do have to manually process the payments as I guessed when I contacted customer service, even though they apparently don't know this themselves.

Response from Virtuagym

Dear Taylor,

Thank you for writing your detailed review. I made sure to look through your history of communication with our consultants and get a clear picture of the events.

While I would have to dispute your statement about receiving "little to no help" with your issues, as I can see that other than weekends and holidays, the team has been very diligent and fast with their responses; I do see that you had a few issues within the system.

Unfortunately, when dealing with technology, problems will always arise and while we try to deal with the issues quickly and thoroughly to minimize the disruption to your business, at times it can take longer than desired to fix a problem.

I am sorry that you had felt that you were scammed and not delivered what you had expected but I can genuinely say that the team had worked hard to answer and resolve your issues in a timely manner.

Do let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with.

Sincerely,

Sean C.

Not what i was told

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

Nothing

Pros

The functionality of the coaching app, is nice - That's it.

Cons

I explicitly asked that when i purchased virtuagym, would it be possible for my clients to have a limited number of PT sessions on a weekly basis, starting on sunday and renewing on the following sunday....however i wanted them to be able to book at least 30-60 days in advance as my clients like to plan.

I was told that this was possible and i would have help setting it up, this has not happened.

I have had virtuagym since December and was looking to implement it into my gym facility by mid january, however due to the lack of help from support, i am no closer to getting what i need from the software.

I even offered to pay virtuagym to set it up for me as i thought it may be me that was doing something wrong, they declined and their rep. stopped conversing over the support line.

All i wanted was for my clients to book 1,2,3 or 4 Personal Training sessions per week, at least 30 days in advance - How can this be so hard..!!??

At the moment the system allows me to book 10 sessions in 10 days and i was told "That's ok, the client will be notified if they don´t have enough credits to attend the class"

All i want is that the client can't book the class, i dont want them to book to be told nearer the time "sorry you don't have enough credits" they will turn up and say "but i booked and the system let me?"

Very frustrating for a business owner and terrible customer service

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the time you spent to review our product.

We're sincerely sorry if you are experiencing an unpleasant situation with the product and with our CS Team.

We took a look at the conversations you had with our consultants over the last days, and we noticed that there was rather some confusion between the many questions asked and the many solutions provided, which inevitably leads to confusion and frustration.

Our advise is to send one, fully detailed email to [email protected], explaining exactly the challenges you are now experiencing, the way you would like to work with the system and - if you like - any improvement that you would like to see (maybe there are some features you aren't aware of yet!). Plus, with our live chat service, we can help you further with your real time queries.

We believe that - this way - we can achieve a way more constructive communication, helping your business to take off with us!

We stay at disposal.

Your,
CS Team

Robert J.

Terrible Terrible Terrible, stay away!

Reviewed on 25/04/2017

If they provided a good service that people wanted to continue to use, they would not need a 12-month contract. They have great, slick, fast talking, smooth sales people, and the website is great and it all sounds so good. They do not offer a free trial and the only way was to sign up. They had me convinced, and they said that all that I wanted they would deliver. Well, once I signed the contract that all changed. With a hefty set up fee, which included them loading the excel list of my client info into Virtuagym, they didn't do anything else, so that is a huge rip off. Then the story continued to fall apart even more. They claimed to have this amazing app for workouts which turned out to be incomplete, and not able to adjust a parameter in it like they promised it did. The sales tax is included in the pricing, so for US market this is an issue, and they had no good solutions. During the sales process they said they have tagging feature which for my business is key, and when I got to use the program the tagging feature was up, but you could only add tags, the delete button they told me has not been built yet and there was no reporting I could pull from the tags, essentially it was useless. They said well in few months we will have. I asked what is few months, they had no answers. Then they gave me a huge runaround about canceling and this being a breach of contract. Oh they also had they numbers wrong and they 2.5x charged my monthly fee, and demanded a fee to get out of contract, while acting like they were doing me a huge favor, after I with my staff put in over 20 hours of work to enter information, and research and work through all the problems we came across. Totally dishonest, totally wrong on so many levels.

Pros

Great sales people that can sell ice to eskimos. The ideas sounds great, and I was super excited to start to use the product.

Cons

The features they promised were either not developed yet, others were not fully functional, and those were the key features they told me about that got me to buy into their product. They took money upfont and wouldn't refund me even though what they promised they couldn't deliver. In over 10 years of being in business this is one of the worst companies I dealt with. End of they day, reputable and confident companies will provide a free trial and no contract. I highly advise to skip this company and look at others that offer a free trial and there are many companies that are month to month because their clients are happy and want to stay with them.

Claudia B.

A user-friendly app!

Reviewed on 27/02/2017

I started working with the Virtuagym software a few months ago and I am quite pleased with the experience so far! It was important for me to get an app that was personalized and had the functionalities that I needed for myself and my clients. Virtuagym did just that for me! They took the time to understand my needs and offered me a monthly plan targeted to that; they didn't try to sell me extra systems or functionalities that I didn't need. I really appreciated that! Their customer service is absolutely A+++! They always get back to me quickly by email or phone (which is great; who calls people anymore right?!), they offer webinars when you get started and so much more! Everyone I spoke with was super nice, friendly and helpful! As the software itself, I like how easy it is to use and how quickly my clients understand how to track their food, follow their training programs (awesome exercises videos!), join a challenge, etc., thanks to the helpful tips you can find directly on the app when you first download it or on their support database on their website. The only thing I would like to see them add in the future is the option of doing all the admin stuff (professional coach account) from the app itself and not only from a browser. I would like to be able to send my clients messages, see their food diary, plan their workouts from my phone too via the app - just to make everything more accessible! But overall, a great app, great customer service and super easy to use!

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Claudia!

Thanks for your very kind review. This makes us very proud, as our daily work is alwaysfocused on providing the best service and assistance to our clients.

About your feedback, we really totally get it! We're currently working to improve our coaching service on mobile side, therefore stay tuned!

We appreciate your valuable time and wish you a very great day.

Walter - Virtuagym Clients Success Team

Shane C.

Will be good in another 1-2 years I think, but currently not as great as it makes out it is.

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

Pros

The software has the beginnings of a well rounded, professional platform - IOS and Android applications complement the Web Portal Interface.

Many of the features are workable, some are much better than the other alternatives on the market.

Cons

Lack of visibility in product's development - as a client we don't know when a promised feature will be released (if ever). Basic functionality such as the ability to create supersets inside the workout editor took years to implement; VG stated that this was because the workout editor needed a complete redesign; but did not give anyone any idea of when this would be released other than *soon*.

Billing automation is clunky and does not integrate with many of the vendors in the market.

3.0/10
Darren J.

Great software i could not imagine going back to the old way of doing things after using virtuagym.

Reviewed on 13/06/2018

Pros

The mobile app online portal is great it has saved me so many hours designing plans and I can check and change a client's diets and training. I can also add training plans straight to their account so they have something to follow between one to one sessions as well as giving clients all a printed copy or training plans. I have always had a great service from the virtuagym staff members have always been very helpful and quick to respond to any issues I have had. I have enjoyed using the software so much that I have even referred a few other personal trainers and I could not imagine going back to the old way of doing things after using virtuagym.

Cons

Can be hard for new users to use the app to the full potential but if you take the time clients will use the app and get more benefits from it once you show them how.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Darren, thank you so much for your amazing feedback! We are so happy that you are enjoying the benefits of our product and that it helps you save time and effort. Currently, we are working hard to improve the user experience for all of our users. It is a big project, but hopefully in the future it will be easier for new users to enjoy our software. Know that we are always happy to help if you have any questions or concerns and have a great day, Anna - Virtuagym Customer Success Department

Virtuagym saves time and my clients love it!

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

Pros

I like that I am able to connect with the community and my clients which is important in the training industry. I especially love the nutrition and training apps. It also stays frequently updated.

Cons

More user customization features would be great when it comes to workouts but all in all it is a great software.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi there,

Thanks for your enthusiast and genuine comment - we love it!

It is a big reward for our hard work and we would like to thank you by inviting you to discuss further with us about your request. As you know, we like to be transparant within our developing process and your contribute would be essential for us.

Therefore, don't be afraid to show yourself and send an email to our CS team! We look forward to keeping and improving this brilliant cooperation.

In the meantime, have a great one!

Best,
Your CS Team

Neyli R.

Renewing the body

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Pros

A good application for both personal use and professional use as it has a variety of functions. For personal use such as carrying an easy training plan to see short-term results. Business use leads to better performance in its use and project management

Cons

So far the application is very good help

Response from Virtuagym

Hello Neyli,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

We're very pleased to hear that you enjoy our software and that it has helped you to better manage your clients and their goals!

Valuable feedback such as yours will help to give us an insight into your user experience so we can continue to improve our product every day.

If you have have more feedback for us or a good idea or suggestion, you can always let us know via our contact page: https://virtuagym.com/contact. In addition, please never hesitate to reach out to our support team via [email protected] - We're happy to help!

Thank you again for your time.

Torrence P.

Great app, can use minor improvements

Reviewed on 05/04/2017

I enjoy the app a lot, I really like the workout feature. I would love it if there was a before and after feature in the app for clients and if they were able to keep up with body metrics. The nutrition app can use some updating as well. But all in all I'm really satisfied with the app in its features.

Pros

The scheduler and booking features are great as well as the workout plans you can build. The coaching and workout builder is my favorite feature

Cons

There isn't a way for the clients to post before and after pics. The nutrition app is kind of confusing for clients, it could use a update. The workouts disappear if you don't do them on the day scheduled.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Torrence!

Thanks for your time spent to write this review, for the kind words and the feedback! This is extremely important to carry out our work towards the right direction.

Your feedback on the post/after pics is actually legit! We would love to hear from you how you would personally build it in our system, in order to get useful inspiration.

Furthermore, we would be very interested in receiving further details about the other cons you indicated, in order to work on them straight away. Could you please do so with an email to [email protected]?

One of our team will get back to you in order to solve any inconvenience together!

Thanks again, and have a great one.

Best Regards,

Walter - Customer Success Department

The software is good. There are some aspects of the app that would attract different genders more.

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

For a small business the cost of the software is high. This would be great for large gyms or business that are already established.

Pros

The ability to adjust and refine what you want the client to have. They ability to track finances and request payments is great for small businesses. The staff when discussing the software was very helpful.

Cons

All of the exercise examples are with a male. 95% of my clients are female and would rather see a female for examples.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi there,

Thanks for your kind comment and above all for the time you spent to write it!

We are happy for benefits that you are enjoying with our product as well as the challenges in front of us.

We hope that the price that you're now paying is only a small investment in comparison with the return that you might get with our product, and we look forward to hearing your opinion at the end of the 12th month of contract in order to further taylor it to your needs!

You also have a point highlighting the necessity of building a female model for the exercise and we can assure that this is one of our action points on our roadmap, so let's cross fingers to have it live as soon as possible.

Thank you again for your contribute, and please do not hesitate to get back to us with any additional feedback or question you might have!

We wish you all the best.

Your,

Virtuagym CS Team

7.0/10
Nicole S.

Love it!

Reviewed on 31/07/2017

Pros

I love that it is frequently updated, new exercise are added often, it's clear/easy/concise to use. My clients like the "in app" tutorials and I hear overall great things from my clients!

Cons

I wish when creating a workout you could do more things like supersets, circuits, etc. I also wish you could do timed OR repetitions for each exercise instead of having to make a an exercise for each.

Response from Virtuagym

Hello Nicole,

first of all, I want to thank you for your amazing feedback! It's great to hear your clients are already making the best use of the App and workout plans we provide in our database.

Secondly, I'm happy to inform you that after a few months of hard work, we now provide the option to choose between time and repetition based exercises making circuits and super sets easier to work with.

Best Wishes,
Alkistis Piki, CS Team

Narayan B.

Don't pay and demand a trail before hand

Reviewed on 18/07/2016

So at the beginning I ask repeatedly if I could trail the app before signing up for 12 months.
They never let me.
They did do an online presentation with me and I was very impressed with all the features that were shown it had everything I needed so I payed it lump at the start a few hundred pounds and started to use the software.
Straight away I realised it was such a bad mistake.
It's not at all finished there's so many problems with it, after a week I found a client feedback page and realised I wasn't the only one finding it a nightmare to use...
It's such a shame as they have thought of everything but it's not no where near ready yet and if you get your clients onto the software and the app your going to make yourself look incompetent.
I tried to get into but no joy I've just given up, can't waist anymore time with it.
The hardware is even worse the scales and the writs band "fitness tracker" beyond awful.

Beware of any software that doesn't let you test it before hand.
Maybe in a year or two this app will be worth paying for but I wouldn't even use it for free as it is, your just going to come across as unprofessional to your clients.

Pros

Customer service is fantastic to be fair.

Cons

Everything else unfortunately.

Response from Virtuagym

Hi Narayan, thank you for your honest feedback! I'm very sorry to hear that our system is not what you wished for. We don't offer trials right now, because we have a fully onboarding process which has been very successful for our existing clients. We aim to be a complete all-in-one solution for fitness professionals, and as such are eager to hear clients' feedback so that we can make changes. Regarding the Feedback Group, please take into account that we have 3000 clients and those who are happily working with the system, do not post in those groups. I'm happy to hear that you are pleased with our customer support, but it's a shame to hear we couldn't wow you with our product. I see that you appreciate that we offer different features but since they seem to be not "complete" enough I would love to hear some more specific thoughts and suggestions you have for us. Being someone who has worked with the system, your insight would be the most valuable!Take care, Tasneem