Administrator's Plus

Cloud based student information management software

4.0/5
4.1/5
3.9/5
4.4/5

64 Software options

Jorge J.

The best school suite software

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

We have been using it since 2004, excellent support team, wonderful workshops and training.

Pros

Very easy to use, fast and clean interface. Admin Plus is the complete set of features that my school needs: Demographic data base and parents contacts, report card and grades, discipline, scheduling, etc. What I like the most is to have an easy and quick look of reporting and statistics to analyze and take decisions.

Cons

I would love to see the software on a cloud version

Carrie D.

Admin+ is the perfect database solution for our school. All-inclusive, easy to use & well...

Reviewed on 02/05/2017

Everything in one place. Makes me more efficient and effective in my job. I use less paper and can do more work online. Allows my "clients", aka, students, parents & teachers, to be more independent.

Pros

The comprehensive nature of the software and ability to extract needed data quickly. It is fairly easy to use, for a database system. Customer support is top notch, always quick to respond and willing to assist. There are multiple modules associated with Admin+ and we use almost all of them. It is nice to have everything in one place without having to hop between software each time we need to run a bill, check attendance, run a transcript, change teachers class lists, etc. We appreciate the customer support the most!

Cons

Some limitations on data management and exports in terms of unique family dynamics. (i.e. split households) and between students & schedules. As an example, I cannot pull all emails of students taking AP classes into a spread sheet, I have to export names and search class lists by subject and update my name spread sheet.

Jill G.

Great Student Information System

Reviewed on 03/05/2017

Easy enough survey software.

Pros

I love the ease of use. This is the third school that I implement the program for. I can track any item that I need to track without needing a program change. You can call support and receive assistance within a couple of minutes for any issues that you may have. It can handle simple schedules and more complex schedules with just a click of a button.
The fact that this system was initially created by an educator makes it useful and purposeful.

Cons

We have some internet issues that slow and sometimes drop the program. In particular in the morning there can be issues with attendance. The network version was much quicker.

Patricia B.

Great product! Great service!

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

We tend to have less errors. Also, it has the ability to keep parents much more informed.

Pros

User friendly with fantastic support center! Love the ability to filter to the many different daily needs of the office or teacher requests.

Cons

Hours of live support. I would like the ability to have later or weekend hours for support help. sometimes it is not possible to work on files during a "normal" week and additional time is needed to complete the task at hand.

Judy L.

Rediker has the best customer support team that I have ever had to deal wth.

Reviewed on 03/05/2017

I like that all the data I need is in one place. I also like that Plus Portals enhances our use of admin Plus.

Pros

I like the new features and functionalities that have been added recently. I like that I can usually get all the data I need quickly.

Cons

I have worked with Admin Plus for 16 years. I have never found it to truly be "User Friendly." Customizing reports is still rather tedious and can get very frustrating.

Jonathan K.

Still a great product!

Reviewed on 09/03/2020

We have always been satisfied with Admin + and their services!

Pros

I have used this product for a number of years, and 10 years ago it was a superior product and it is still a superior product! Everything about Admin. + is wonderful!

Cons

You get what you pay for, if you are a small school, this is probably not for you and your school or school district.

Beth A.

We have used AP since 2000 and love it.

Reviewed on 02/05/2017

Keeps our data meaningful.

Pros

We love the support we receive. Admin Plus' just in time training videos are also very helpful, especially at beginning and end of school year.

Cons

There is not really any part of Admin Plus I do not appreciate. Of course it could always be less expensive, but give the support we receive, I understand the price.

Tamarcus M.

Overall the experience has been great.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017

We have a database that can centralize information for our families.

Pros

I love the fact that it is user friendly, ONCE you take the time to familiarize yourself with the software.

Cons

I dislike how tech support operates. It takes a long time to get support or we're directed to a huge reading when sometimes as visual learners, it may suit us best.

Alba W.

The Best Educational Software Available

Reviewed on 01/08/2014

We are living in a time when all schools are looking for a way to save a dollar. We are a small school who services a large diverse economic demographic. Every penny we save counts. We have been using Administrators Plus software since 1991. We've been through many changes and revisions with the company: product name change, expansion of the product line and the transition to a Windows based platform. So what has kept us with the company for over 20 years? Several things: 1. the quality of the product, 2. the variety of options which it offers allowing schools to adapt the program to its budget and its specific needs, 3. the customer service, which is absolutely the best I have ever found, and 4. the bang we get for our buck. Just this year, I left yet another software company and brought more of my business needs to Rediker software. I'm excited about benefits the teacher and parent platform and will bring to our school. Through the years many companies have approached us about using their products., my thought has always been, "Why would I use the second best product?"

Jp G.
  • Used for 2+ years

Good solid software.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017

Pros

Ease of use, ease of training new teachers. Also, tech support for the product is second to none. We have always achieved resolution on issues.

Cons

Some reporting features are a bit convoluted and outdated. Would like to see a stronger reporting engine.

Amy A.

used it for 16 years and still have not scratched the surface

Reviewed on 02/05/2017

It manages our student database and keeps data secure.

Pros

The software is capable of doing almost anything. It is also compatible with other systems involving education.

Cons

Very difficult to use and not enough safety features in place for inexperienced users. Training is difficult to get and very expensive.

Grant T.

Ugly, clumsy, unintuitive, extremely difficult to use

Reviewed on 17/11/2014

Fortunately, customer service is quite good, because this software is the most difficult to use that I have seen in decades. Commands are scattered all over the place and are almost never what you would expect ("New Files" to EDIT information?). The whole thing looks like something from the 1980's. We have been using it for years (we inherited it from a previous ICT manager) and every time it it is still a struggle. The slightest change in a report format requires the intervention of Customer Service; nearly every operation provokes the reaction 'why would it work like that?'

Response from Rediker Software

Grant,

Thank you for your feedback. If your school is not on the new AdminPlus 6, we encourage you to upgrade for the redesigned interface and improved user experience. Our recently released web gradebook and parent/student portals offer a very clean, contemporary interface for your staff and your school community. We will continue to upgrade and improve AdminPlus for our end users, and provide the best support in the industry.

Rediker Software

Cindy W.

Not sold on Rediker

Reviewed on 18/04/2017

While this product is generally intuitive, it does not play well with other databases. The functionality of the system is limited. Most databases today creates roles for constituents, but Rediker lists constituents as contacts. This becomes an issue when contact information is not updated and it feeds to another database. It will undo changes and updates.

Rosanne G.

Generally good! And if I have trouble, tech support is fantastic.

Reviewed on 02/05/2017

integration with gradebook and portal; notify for easy calling/texting.emailing - one version of the truth!

Pros

Company is responsive to input and feedback. Generally easy to use. Meets needs of all the variety of constituents. integration with plusportals is great.

Cons

report writer coding is painful! - Sometimes it seems that the modules were written by different people as they don't "act" similarly. - Too many clicks to get to one thing. - printing reports when using weblink is difficult. Would like more training videos.

Jo ann F.

comprehensive, multiple features

Integrated scheduling and reporting

Pros

Excellent customer support for any type of problem, although wait times can be long. There are many features that can be used - report cards, transcripts, scheduling.

Cons

It can be so convoluted to use, not intuitive or user friendly. F-1, F-6 keys. For example, the system tells you that someone else is logged in as supervisor, even though what happened is the internet failed and the system dropped rather than being closed properly.

Jill G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

One of the best SIS systems that I have used.

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

Ease of use, track any type of data that we want, support that is responsive...

Pros

It allows you to track whatever data that you want. The initial set up is easy and it is easy to generate reports on just about any thing that you have data on.

Cons

The web version is sometimes slow - which we need to be able to access from any location. I am not sure if it is a location issue - but we are frequently disconnected to the service and have to log back in.

Tina` M.

It meets my needs and allows be to function efficiently.

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

I am able to track all my student and staff data and information. And then I'm able to extract data to be used for other parts of my job. So basically, this software allows me to function and do my job.

Pros

The Lookup feature and the Export to Excel feature -- and so of course, everything else between those that make my work very possible. i appreciate the big task that goes into creating an SIS; but that you are able to respond to our needs outside of the database such as exporting data is a boon.

Cons

That the Lookup cannot be used to enter data as one would Excel. I know, it's a future feature, maybe -- which goes to show that I've found little that I do not like about the software. There is the Schedule Builder which I really do not enjoy working on -- but then scheduling is a beast in itself -- so it's not necessarily the software per se. And then there is the Contacts Database -- that, I do not comprehend what you're aiming for in that one.

Patricia B.

Comprehensive System, Easy to Navigate

Reviewed on 03/05/2017

Over and above the benefit of the general benefits of a student information system, the super database tables and the Excel Wizard allow me to store and analyze data that is valuable for our decision making process.

Pros

I like the tabs for different pages and modules that are set up for specific information and rights assigned to users. I also really like the Excel Wizard and the E-Mail features. Support is wonderful!!

Cons

I sometimes struggle with the necessary codes for writing reports and understanding when information is pulled from contacts and/or the database fields.

Kathy Z.

Administrator's Plus offers the best in school administrative software. Everything in one...

Reviewed on 04/05/2017

Pros

I love the ease of use and the ability to purchase only what our school needs. All programs work together seamlessly. Reports are easy to create. Rediker listens to the customer's needs and works their hardest to add it to their programs. Customer support is a 5 star+ rating. This company treats you like family.

Cons

There isn't anything I do not like about this software. If I have to come up with something I would have to say, I wish I had found it sooner.

Melissa F.

Admin Plus

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

It's a great software. Would recommend it to anyone that I can

Pros

The effectiveness and easiness of finding student/teacher information quickly. Love how you can create any kind spreadsheets for practically everything

Cons

I like everything about this program... there is nothing bad that I can comment about it. it is a great program!

Josie F.

Five star experience. A welcome change from 13 years of using PowerSchool.

Reviewed on 02/05/2017

Pros

I love the Lookup feature and Excel Integration features. I also love the online forms and am always finding new ways to use it.

Cons

When entering period attendance, you do not see the course name. You only see the period. It requires jumping around to figure out what class the student is/was in.

William H.

We had some hiccoughs in changing mindsets from previous software to AdminPlus, but we are...

Reviewed on 04/05/2017

Pros

Year-over-year options are a dream. The software is highly flexible, which allows for continuation of our best practices and has also allowed us to support school operations we could not before, e.g., AfterSchool Clubs and Activities via SuperDB tables.

Cons

Not every feature is easily located or intuitive in use. The software is able to do almost everything, but the learning curve is inconsistent.

Jason H.

Very good

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Pros

Support staff I use the product for everything at the school and it is by far the best. Would recommend this product to any school.

Cons

Wait time for support. And the lunch program not updating students when it syncs.. not a lot to dislike

Sharon I.

Definitely meets our needs.

Reviewed on 02/05/2017

Pros

Tech Support is amazing! Very knowledgeable and always has a solution. The software is user-friendly.

Cons

The price is somewhat high. The wait time for support can be a little lengthy. Other than that, no complaints

Sheila P.

Rediker

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

I do not like it.

Pros

Not a lot. Not hard to use but can not get information

Cons

It is horrible for admin area. Systems do not merge. Can not create reports with your own company informatio. Not user friendly. Horrible support. Trainer did not really know how to use or able to understand . It loses important information. I have had to reenter I formation for years

Response from Rediker Software

Sheila, we are sorry about your experience. We strive for great service and support and we fell short here.Our data management system is very reliable, so we are concerned to hear you are losing and re-entering data. That should not be the case. However, I cannot find your name in our customer database, so please let us know more! What is the name of your school? Please contact [email protected], reply directly to me, or speak with your account rep. We want to help improve your experience with our software.