Paylocity

Paylocity is a web based payroll and HR solution for medium-

4.0/5

583 Software options

Emily S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Easy to implement payroll software

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Paylocity has simplified and streamlined our payroll process. After switching from another payroll provider, and paper and pen to record hours, it has been a seamless transition to Paylocity for our team.

Pros

Paylocity is intuitive and simple to use. Prior to implementing Paylocity, our team members used paper to record all hours worked. The switch to recording hours in Paylocity was seamless amongst our team members.

Cons

We didn't find any aspects of this software to be difficult to learn or use. If anything, I believe we could use more of Paylocity's features, such as applicant tracking and benefits management, as time progresses.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

We struggled with Paychex customer service. Paylocity pricing was also more appealing to us.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

The pricing and overall features offered by Paylocity surpassed that of ADP.
Cherina A.

Paylocity - Web Pay

Reviewed on 12/12/2014

Pros

Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.

Cons

One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.

Kelly C.

Great product; a lot of personnel changes recently

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

Overall, Paylocity has really helped my organization come out of the "dark ages". I love that we are no longer a paper and pen company!

Pros

I love the Paylocity platform! It's intuitive and I like how most of the functionality "speaks" to each other (i.e. you can send hires in the recruiting function over to the onboarding function and then over to payroll).

Cons

Within the last year I have had a LOT of change in my account managers - both my main rep and my benefits rep. It's a bit frustrating because I was working with my old reps on stuff that the new folks don't necessarily know about and then I have to explain the issue all over again.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

The iSolved system was not keeping up to date with changes that needed to be made (i.e. mobile friendly, etc)

isolved

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

I loved Paylocity's data analytics!
Stephen C.

Review for Paylocity

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

I am satisfied with the product but the service aspect of it can be improved.

Pros

The product has great payroll ability, and it has been mostly reliable so far. I like that it is easy to maintain data integrity in the system, and the self-service portal is also very helpful. Being able to manage benefits and payroll in one system is a big plus.

Cons

Wish it has more integration such as BambooHR. It also takes a long time to build an integration(3+ month for our 401k vendor). The spending accounts function also needs to be improved as it operates on a separate platform and the employee experience is subpar.

Gusto and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

We needed more control over benefits and overall payroll process.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Functionality, potential to operate both payroll and benefits in one tool.
Jill S.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

We use the Payroll Management module primarily.

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

I have been pleased with Paylocity and the support.

Pros

I like that I can always call and get help if I ever forget how to access a feature or perform a task. I've also been impressed with Paylocity's ability to stay on top of the legislative changes over the past year (mainly due to COVID-19).

Cons

We've recently seen a demonstration of a competitor that would help my co-worker in HR. The competitor's software can track when licensing, etc. is going to expire and automatically send email or text reminders to the employee and follows up to make sure they complete the task. They also have a way for employees to acknowledge receipt of documents specific to them. Paylocity's system (as of the last time I checked) only allows you to make the documents available to all staff whether or not it applies to them.

Anna H.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Paylocity is awesome.

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Been using them since 2015 it's been great.

Pros

Ease of use. I like the Performance and onboarding piece. The A+ learning module is also great.

Cons

Nothing really. I like all the features. Maybe a report that can be customized for pulling info from the custom field, may already exist but i have not found it.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

not enough customer support.

User friendly.
Heather B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

One of the Best Employee Management and Payroll Systems Available

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

FANTASTIC! They have wonderful customer service, the platform is beautiful and intuitive, the functionality is amazing... Highly recommended for anyone looking for an all-in-one employee management system!

Pros

Paylocity is basically an all-in-one HR, benefits, payroll, compliance, and employee files storing software. Through it, you can find onboard new employees, assign compliance training, process reimbursements, access an org chart, pull customizable reports on demand, and even include different OpCo employees in the org chart, even if they're not listed as employees within your actual company.

Cons

This is incredibly nitpicky but I really wish the "work email" feature was more prominently featured within employee demographics and profiles. It's there and available, but not super easy to find if you don't know where to look, and also is not listed in the Report Writer as an option for a field. To pull all email addresses in the company, you have to pull a specific demographics report and modify the information in that report to exclude all the other unnecessary details.

Donna R.
  • Industry: Plastics

Good Decision

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Overall we had a good experience with conversion. Our team was professional yet friendly and worked closely with us.

Pros

The software is user friendly. We had a very good sales rep. that pointed out the key items we would be getting with Paylocity that we did not have in the product we were using.

Cons

That time &labor and HR & payroll are two separate platforms

Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

We were on an old Kronos Systems that was never properly installed and we could not get their service to work with us to up grade or correct the old system

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Paylocity's product seemed more user friendly
Billy G.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

New to us and Working out the Bugs

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

We started using the software in January. It was not a smooth roll-out and we continue to have to work through some issues each week. Overall we are more satisfied than with our last payroll software. I think it will take some time, but we still believe that it was a good decision for us.

Pros

The fact that our staff can clock in and out remotely from their cell phones is great. Not having to print paystubs each time because they are available online is very nice.

Cons

I hate to put this off on COVID, but we have had customer service response issues and I hope that it is only due to the world of working from home. I would like to have a better response time than what we currently have.

Member Solutions

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Paycor was horrible and was not very well designed to deal with our specific needs. Customer service was absolutely horrible.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Very strong recommendations from others in our industry.
Shelby M.

Family Counseling

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

Our account rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been phenomenal and her support has been invaluable to us.

Pros

The customization of features and flexibility of different functions. Also that there are so many options you can integrate into one package. We have many different pay types that we accommodate and Paylocity really seemed to fit out needs.

Cons

We haven't had the best customer service experience and often get referred to the help database when that is the first place we check before reaching out. Some of the things we established in our setup phase were not carried out properly and took some time to fix.

Gina I.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

Overall, I have had a positive experience with Paylocity. We have recently integrated more of our benefits with their system and it seems to be a seamless process.

Pros

Processing payroll is easy to use with Paylocity. Standard reports are useful. Customer support is helpful.

Cons

I don't like that if you have a payroll tax question, for example, you can not directly talk to a tax professional. I understand that they can't instruct us what to do but I still feel advise should be allowed. Also, creating reports is not always that simple. The report writer is a little cumbersome.

Daysi M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Paylocity has been great.

Pros

Customer services is always awesome. They are always willing to help and if representative does not have an answer/solution right away, they follow up with you. Definitely appreciated.

Cons

Time cards are sometimes a hassle to deal with when an employee forgets to clock in/out. Also, I was told viewing future approved PTO cannot be generated through a report. This makes it difficult when employees request same day PTO and already have future approved PTO (since it will not calculate it until day of).

Jennifer W.

Your One Stop Shop for Payroll and Everything else related to HR

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Overall, I'm very happy with choosing to use WebPay from Paylocity as our main payroll tool.

Pros

We were able to completely customize our Paylocity instance for our business needs - which are unique and varied. You get partnered with a team member at Paylocity that helps you build out the tool and trains you on how to use it. Plus, all of this was available at a price point that was comparable to payroll software that does a lot less.

Cons

It is somewhat difficult to use for both admins and users. It doesn't have a simple/easy to understand interface.

Mary M.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great product, very easy to use

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Pros

Payroll was easy and efficient with Paylocity. We are able to make changes and accommodate employee requests easily.

Cons

The reporting feature is great, but it does take some time to learn how to customize the reports.

Nathan R.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great product for a growing business

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Pros

Very intuitive platform that allows you to add modules as the need arises. Great having everything and everyone in one place.

Cons

Implementation was more of a chore than I had planned-- took a solid year before we had it built out the way we wanted it, but now we couldn't be more pleased.

Alex R.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Best I've Used, but...

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Overall, the experience is great and works much better than most other software I have experience with.

Pros

Most of the features are easy to use and intuitive. The best part is the customer service and the dedicated representative to help with everything we need.

Cons

As a seasonal business, there are a few things that are difficult to manage. Simply because we hire over 400 employees and then terminate them in a few months, there are certain processes that take longer than they should if there was more ability to do things in mass.

Britnie T.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great HRIS System

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

The system overall has some great features and we are constantly looking for and finding ways to further utilize the system and the reports that we can use to better our business and employee experience.

Pros

This system has many of the key features we were looking for:
-payroll system
-easy to manage HRIS
-good implementation
-good response time from our contacts
-many arms of the system that we haven't put into use yet, but hope to in the future

Cons

Some of the things we we've hoped to implement with Paylocity haven't been right for our business. For instance, we felt that the ATS didn't have enough features and adaptability for our purposes and we also looked in to having performance reviews done through the system, but it wasn't compatible with the process we have in place and we weren't prepared to completely overhaul the way our company administers performance reviews.

Kim W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Paylocity Review

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Very good experience from the sales lead through implementation.
The return time in answering questions via email or phone is immediate.

Pros

Ease of moving between screens.
Ease of time and labor.
Payroll processing time efficient.

Cons

A lot of components to look at. It can be overwhelming to learn all there is to learn. We plan to take it in steps. Our priority was time and labor and payroll processing. The next year we will work on benefits. The next year we will apply another component.

Marie E.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all...

Reviewed on 07/08/2018

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!

Cons

Not sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!

Joe B.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Paylocity Review

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

Pros

Ease of use and accuracy/timeliness of reporting - customer support all in all is excellent!

Cons

Expense Management - it's apparent that this functionality is not Paylocity's wheelhouse

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

For streamline of business process, tax reporting, accuracy

Ease of use/training setup
Emily B.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great Program, Kinda. Great Service, Kinda.

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Paylocity is visually amazing, their specialists provide great insight, but their system allows for many errors and not all of their employees are very knowledgeable on how their program works.

Pros

Paylocity is easily the pretties payroll service I've ever used. It's very easy to find most things on this program. I especially love the service I receive from my payroll specialist and the great implementation of their online chat service. Their online chat service is easily my favorite feature in any payroll program, super easy to us and instant assistance with most issues.

Cons

I love the service from my payroll specialist, but I rarely get her on the phone. Paylocity's customer service is fairly good except for that most of their employees don't know a lot about their own services, because of this I find myself constantly on hold while the customer service rep is asking for assistance from a tech or other employees. Paylocity also has a very terrible mapping system between WebPay and WebTime, we constantly have issues with the wrong thing being pulled and having to have a tech 'fix' it only for it to happen again.

Kaitlyn S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Paylocity is a great small to medium business solution

Reviewed on 27/02/2021

My experience with Payroll was on an administrative HR level. I used it for Onboarding, benefit enroll, reporting, changes of employee status and terminations. I would also assist with payroll functions.

Pros

I really love that Paylocity has a minimalist and easy to use interface. The learning curve is low compared to other HRIS solutions such as ADP. I think what I liked most about Paylocity was the ease of use. It was a very intuitive software. It met all of our business needs and when we did need help their support was aways able to find a solution that worked well for us.

Cons

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that you need for payroll in a large or enterprise level company but if this isn't an issue Paylocity is still a great option.

Kevin C.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great Service at a Great Price

Reviewed on 13/05/2021

Once we got our system up and running, it has worked great. We have had to make a few adjustments due to changes in government regulations, and the team at Paylocity was very quick and efficient at making the changes.

Pros

The product is very user-friendly. The implementation team took the time to make sure all of our concerns were met and that all staff members were adequately trained before they turned everything over to us.

Cons

On rare occasions, the Time and Attendance gets a little goofy when entering hours, but overall it is very effective. The only Con I can think of is the inability to add a note/comment to an employee's file when they are terminated. It would be helpful to add comments instead of only selecting from a pre-set list of reasons for termination.

Jennifer O.
  • Industry: Banking

Easy to Use, Lacks Customer Support

Reviewed on 17/08/2017

Pros

Third party products integrate easily, modules and dashboards are simple and user friendly, includes tons of standard reports

Cons

Customer support has been steadily declining. We've been tossed around to at least four different account managers in the past 18 months, and if we get a good one they get promoted or leave, so we end up with someone that barely knows the system better than we do. The response time to questions we submit via email has also worsened to more than 24 hours for a simple reply for clarification. We don't even bother trying to get help from our assigned account manager, we just call the 800 number and hope whoever picks up will be able to resolve our issue. If we call back with the same issue and get someone else, we sometimes get a different answer.

Jeni M.

Paylocity review

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Pros

Employees are able to divide their time worked between job codes, which make reporting easy to upload into my accounting system.

Cons

Not everything is intuitive. Have had issues with customer service support as well.