Square Appointments

The all-in-one point of sale for booking, payments, and more

4.4 /5 (138 reviews) Write a Review!

Jennifer C.
  • Industry: Photography

It rocks!

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Saves time and makes it super simple to book and have receipts of my bookings as well.

Pros

I liked how simple it was to confirm and book appointments!
The reminders are great too they send out.

Cons

Can't say a thing bad about it.. it rocks!

Kelley J.
  • Industry: Photography

Works like a charm

Reviewed on 25/05/2019

Pros

Square appointments allows my clients to easily check my availability and book.

Cons

The only con is that when I want to run a promotion on one date only, I don’t have the option to only allow clients to book that service on the specific date.

Lauren R.

VERY easy to use and efficient for users

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pros

The layout is great. To the point so that users know what is available. Booking is very easy as well.

Cons

I rarely say that there is nothing to change, however I really do enjoy using this application. I hear nothing but good things from my peers as well.

Selena T.
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Used for 1-5 months

Square

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Its is great for people who have personal business that they run, like hair appointments, or make up

Pros

I like the software because clients can book appointments when ever they feel the need to book for the services they need.

Cons

My clients are often able to double book in appointments, I am not sure if there is a glitch in the software or not

Annie K.

poor customer service

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Pros

I like the idea of it but due to lack of response from customer service, have yet to actually use it

Cons

Lack of customer service response. looking to manually add appointments but activate appointment reminders. Unable to figure out how to do so and haven't heard back from customer service inquiry 10 days ago.

Valorie M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Awesome for solo businesses

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

No problems thus far. Happy with the service and it’s free, so grateful for something free as a solo business!!!

Pros

It’s easy to use. Has amost all the features I need to run my small one person business. I’m
Happy with it for the most part.

Cons

Does not allow me to block off times on calendar for my daily lunch or meetings. Does not allow me to move my services around. I wanted to add in a new service but it’s now at the bottom of my list instead of at the top where it needs to be!

David S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for Booking and Paying

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Pros

I like that you can book appointments and pay

Cons

Trying to rebook an appointment can be very difficult and time consuming

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Convenient for Customers

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

Pros

My customers love the accessibility and convenience of square appointments!

Cons

I have had no issues with this program. It has been a great platform for me!

Amber W.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

The total package for scheduling

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

Pros

Easy to update services and accept or decline a scheduling. Payments can be made via app/ online. No show or missed appointment fees can be added. Easy to use. Allows confirmation mesages

Cons

There is nothing to complain about this app. I am satisfied.

Jane K.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Useless

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

It feels like it was something a kid started for a school project but did not finish.

Pros

None, maybe text messages would be useful if the calendar worked.

Cons

Nothing works. If you import your Google calendar, then the entries are kind of static, you cannot edit them or even read the notes, they do not transfer well and appear in gibberish symbols. Because we log in from different time zones only 1hr apart, all entries appear across two day intervals. I cannot move entries either, they are just stock there. The calendar is not functional at all. There is no calendar in the app either (computer only) so our techs in the field cannot use it.

Kim G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Kimberely Green

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

I find the square app and the overview on IPad are easy for me to navigate with whatever I may need. It seems I am always finding something new I haven't realized from before last log in.imehrou

Pros

Making appointments on the square app from my iPhone.

Cons

That my clients have to input all of the information each time they make multiple appointments.

Ashley M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Great Product, Needs More Updates

Reviewed on 09/10/2017

Was able to allow clients to schedule their own time of appointments and to keep track of invoices.

Pros

I loved that I could set up dates/times of availability and allow payments to be made upon scheduling an appointment. Other features I loved were keeping track of your invoices & customers.

Cons

The calendar doesn't sync well with Google Calendars, which is what I & my staff use most. Had to manually change the availability times day by day instead of syncing with my current Google Calendar.

Kelsey B.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Awesome For Scheduling Inspections

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Square does the job and does it well, whether it be Square POS or Square Appointments. Our experience had been rewarding.

Pros

As an agency who uses Square POS, we have adopted Square Appointments to enable our constituents to schedule their appointments for fire safety inspections and things of that nature. We aren’t allowed to charge our constituents for those inspections, and we DO NOT charge for those inspections, but we still manage to use Square Appointments to allow our constituents to at least schedule their inspections. Since Square Appointments integrates with our POS, we are also able to gather other information that can be useful when deciding what else we can offer our constituents.

Cons

We really don’t have any qualms with any of the Square applications. They all serve their intended purpose and do so flawlessly.

• Industry: Insurance

Best way to schedule appointments!

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Pros

I've tried other appointment schedulers and Square is by far the easiest and most convienient to use.

Cons

There is nothing bad to say about this software! It's 100x better than the competitors.

Chris G.

using Square appointments

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Pretty good but sometimes if a customer is on auto-repeat you cannot mark them as a No Show. The only option is Cancel Appointment. Also, it would be nice if you could adjust the settings to have for example 3 spots available in a 1 hour time slot. So if there were 2 people there, it would show that 1 spot is available. This would be great for my business because I have a semi-private personal training facility where I can train up to 3 people per hour. As of now if 1 person is there than it shows that no appointments are available at that time slot.

Pros

the ease of use is great.

Cons

There's a lot of things that could be improved. For instance, calculate how many appoints were cancelled or No Shows for a month. That's just one example.

Casey P.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 09/08/2016

My clients love using square! Many have commented that it is so easy to book an appointment. Very straight forward and intuitive. Thank you!

Pros

Cons

On the appointments page, I wish that I could hide the notifications of cancelled appointments. It is a mental thing for me and like to move on if a client cancels.

Rebecca K.
  • Industry: Legal Services

I've never been disappointed with a Square product. Square appointments is great.

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Pros

Square Appointments business scheduling system is simple to use. It allows you to schedule client appointments, and determine if you require prepayment for bookings- an important feature.

Cons

The only Con i'd have to say is the pricing on this product. If you're using this software for something that's not necessarily actually making you money, it may be worth just scheduling through outlook or something like that.

Jacob A.

Great scheduling software

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Pros

Square has come a long way with its scheduling software. Guests constantly compliment our business on its simplicity and ease-of-use.

Cons

My con would be that Square Scheduling is not very feature rich, and does not accommodate the demands of a full-service salon well.

Morgan E.
  • Industry: Sports

Square has everything you could need and now offering appointments for free for individuals!

Reviewed on 24/08/2018

Square Appointments has been easy to use, the new updates are great, and it's a one stop shop for my business and my clients.

Pros

this is easy to use and you really have the ability to adapt easily to the interface. The Square Appointments app has now been combined with Square POS. You are able to book appointments, send invoices, and use the POS all using one app now! It's definintely streamlined for us busy business owners.

Cons

There is an option to create recurring appointments but you can only select it for that day. Ex: Monday for the next X amount of weeks. I haven't been able to set it for MWF for X amount of weeks.

Kevin M.

Scheduling software built-in to a P.O.S.? Smart. Really!

Reviewed on 04/07/2018

Pros

Super simple to set up and it's tied into my point-of-sale app. Also includes a booking webpage that is customizable, as well as a booking button customizer. There is even marketing options and customer loyalty programs built into the Square platform as well. It's an all-in-one delight of an app!

Cons

Set up can be a bit time-consuming, but what do you expect from such a robust, all-inclusive platform? It goes well beyond the scope of "just a pos" or "only a scheduling app".

Kathleen S.

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

I started using the square in 2012 my business has grown thanks to all of the benefits and tools that the square has offered I recommend them always to all my clients who are going into or already have businesses.

Pros

I like the ease of the square, from the on line scheduling to my daily deposits, it just makes life alot easier everything i need is at a touch of a button . Thank you.

Cons

I havent found anything that I dislike.

Cory M.

Loving it!

Reviewed on 16/08/2016

I love using square appointments. It is easy and convenient. Changes are quick and patients love the reminders.

Pros

I like the reminder portion the best. Patients get their reminder immediately after setting the appointment and then again 2 hours before. I also like how it lists their prior visits.

Cons

I would love to be able to click on a patients name on the appointment screen and then scan their card so that it would track more of the individual services. I would also love to be able to use it from my desktop computer.

Daja H.

Square is perfect for small businesses!

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

I love that I can integrate my google calendar with square. It’s amazing to have your days in one place! Square sends out reminders and confirmations which is amazing. My clients like the text message option. It goes right to their phone and all they have to do is look in their messages to check, no logins and passwords to worry about for them.

Pros

I love that I can complete transactions and book the same client all in one place! I’m a one man show so this makes life easy and helps me retain business!

Cons

I don’t have many complaints with square appointments. It’s worked well with keeping my schedule intact.

Heather G.

Great Product

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

Pros

When I opened my practice I needed an appointment system that also worked with my merchant services. Square appointments was so easy to install and navigate. It also works great with google calendar which is a major plus for me. We have an online booking link where we were able to use Zapier as well to connect directly to square appointments with the help of google calendar. Truly fantastic!

Cons

Wish there were more customized features to the appointments app but I am sure in time that will happen too.

Lorrie E.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Square appointments allows seamless appointment setting.

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

Allowing clients to 0ay at appointment set up makes a smooth transition without multiple steps from other processors.

Pros

Square appointments is easy to use and features everything that a small service oriented business needs. I love that clients can pay for the service from the appointment page.

Cons

At first I was confused on how to make payment from appointment window optional. The steps could have been more clear.