Quire

A visual collaborative platform for your great projects

4.9/5
4.4/5
4.8/5
4.9/5

109 Software options

Damian D.

Simple, but extremely powerful software

Reviewed on 24/07/2021

Overall I'm loving it and using Quire on a daily basis. It made my life so easy that I cannot believe how I managed before without it. It's clean, elegant and for me very easy to use. It took me maybe 2-3 hours to figure out most of the stuff and a day or so to feel really comfortable with it.

Quire has all the features I wanted to have and gives me the ability to organize my business efficiently. It's brilliant that I can have several workspaces with multiple projects. Which I can further split into nested tasks with subtasks, but also into linked sublists with differnt view, e.g. boards.

Even if I'm looking for something it turns out to be better thought out then how I would expect it to be or look like. Plus I can get an overview of progress stats and progress summary.

Not to mention the support is amazing! Fast, responsive and eager to help. Something that you won't see much when it comes to free tools. Honestly, I can't believe it really is a free tool.

Pros

Simple.

Fast.

Intuitive.

Not distracting.

Gives everything a freelancer, SMBs or corporate might need.

It's not overly complicated with unnecessary features.

Tree structure is absolutely awesome! This way you can break every project into actually manageable tasks.

Every task or subtask can have priority, start and due date, responsible person or external team and files attached.

FREE.

Cons

Minimalistic view might give an impression it's super basic and won't provide what you need [but the truth is exactly the opposite].

Some people might find lack of chat or message board a disadvantage [but for me tasks comments are enough and allow me to keep things tidy].

There is no calendar view so it can be seen as a negative by some people [but there is a timeline view which is good enough for me].

Not sure how pricing structure will look like in the future.

Asana and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Quire

For me personally it felt most intuitive and had all the features I wanted to have. After testing Quire and 2 other tools I decided Quire works best for my individual needs. One of the points was the ability to have all projects / workspaces available on the left panel so I can see all the most important things without clicking back and forth. Also the design is not overwhelming so that's a positive.
Suzillah A.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Quire helps with task managing

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

Pros

My team and i manage to collaborate our task with ease with Quire, thanks to the simple operation that Quire implement for the task management. We can easily check the task process and progress on the kanban board on the dashboard. Tagging the task feature work perfectly, and i can using it to bring attention to my colleague for the task that they need to finish.

Cons

There are some shortcoming in the communication platform, as the chat or message sometimes not properly sent and not receive by the other end. I need to close and reopen the application again for it to start sync all the information again and make the pending chat properly sent out.

Tushant M.
  • Industry: Animation

Simple, brilliant and beautiful!

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

Quire's biggest strength is its simplicity, and that has been a boon for me, which is why I've stuck to it. It allows me to plan-out my projects extensively and manage them at a glance, saving me plenty of time and effort in order to get things done.

Pros

I've used many task management applications before for their various strengths and functionality in conjunction such as Trello, Keep, Workflowy, etc. at the same time but Quire is an interesting middle-ground. While it doesn't consist of the strengths of the other tools, it sits comfortably in between them and is pretty consistent with one's desired workflow.

It's simple enough to quickly manage and navigate through, and has enough complex features for someone like me to keep track of larger projects, whether in a team or simply working solo. Its tag-search system is also fantastic! It allows the tool to get out of your way so that you can put more time and energy on your actual work.

Another brilliant idea that Quire has had recently is to have an app-less access to your project via browser shortcut on smartphones. What it does is that it saves a shortcut your phone's desktop so you can access your tasks even if offline just like an app without having to install anything! I love that!

Cons

While the desktop navigation is fantastic via short-cuts, Quire seems to be pretty clunky on smartphones. I can still drag around tasks no problem (except for my chubby finger not letting me see where I'm even dropping it), it's really hard to use it to create and manage tasks or plan-out projects on-the-go. This is partly what keeps me from using it on Android, and instead I still rely on Google Keep.

Other things may be considered a "con" for some, even though it wasn't for me, but thought I'd mention either way:

For one, Quire's strength is in its simplicity, so there may not be features that high-end project-management tools are expected to have, such as the Timeline feature. Personally I did not require it, because Quire's Progress Stats is fine enough for me.

Secondly, part of Quire's simplicity aspect goes into how the tasks are managed; when you finish a task, it is removed from sight, therefore out of mind so you can now focus on something else. While it makes you more efficient and productive (provided you've planned things out ahead of time), in certain projects there are times when I'd like to keep track of completed tasks, and it's not really easy to do that quickly in Quire unless you decide before-hand how you intend to use it. But that's just a minor nitpick, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Though I do mind lack of Google Calendar integration.

Jose luis P.
  • Industry: Farming
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Extremely powerful yet simple to use

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Much productive team, that spends less time on email, and more time completing tasks.

Pros

Quire has a very powerful tree like interface to tasks management, and it also is very intuitive, simple and elegant.
The tree can be collapsed / expanded at will for each user, that can filter the tasks in many ways.
Integration with Google G Suite is excellent: Same login procedure, Google Drive, and email of deadlines and all kind of notifications.
Every information is synced online with all users.
Simple to use 'red dots' signal the tasks that had meaningful changes.
Quire adoption is very easy and straightforward. As new users are invited to projects and start to use the simple yet powerfull interface, at no time they realize they could use it to other needs/projects, and start their own projects/assignments to other users. Any new project we can think of is rapidly scathed in Quire. It's viral.
Right after starting to use Quire, we've been dealing with much less emails and calendar reminders, our users focus on tasks directly on Quire.
With Quire, stake holders only set notifications on tasks that they are really interested in.

Cons

As simple and powerful, it's easy for new users to mistakenly complete tasks, so we need to sometimes review the 'all completed tasks' panel (or the notification email) to assure those are really done.

Bob E.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Some thoughts after trying Quire

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

I have been experimenting with Quire, It has some nice features, however I prefer WorkFlowy for its ease of navigation and plainness, but had I not discovered WorkFlowy after Springpad shut down, I would have probably started using Quire because of it's features and functionality.

Pros

There is the option of adding new sub list items to top or bottom of list
There are nice shortcut instructions when hovering over function icon
It is easy to keep track of who is collaborating on a project
Collaboration conversations can be always in view
Quire is a little different from other apps that I have tried. The design and layout doesn't seem to get in the way as much.
There is the ability to add Due Dates and Reminders
I rarely collaborate on projects with others. If I collaborated more often I might be more inclined to use Quire regularly.
I am impressed that Quire developers have reached out to me several times to asking for feedback about my usage and to answer questions that I had.
There is a detailed history of editing of each specific project

Cons

Like most other note taking apps available, Quire does have a somewhat rigid structure that gets in the way of productivity for me, but may be useful for others.
Navigation on the Quire screen is a little more spread out than the WorkFlowy screen. Making use of the Keyboard shortcuts is suggested
A few times I unintentionally pressed the complete button and "completed" an item on Android
I find navigating the page, using built-in calendars and other features is unnecessary for what I want to accomplish
Quire is a little slower than WorkFlowy to refresh
I am able to do pretty much everything in Quire that I can do with WorkFlowy, but it is a little more time consuming
The adding tasks and subtasks and breaking them down is a little more complicated in Quire
a benefit of WorkFlowy is that you can compose or copy and paste any portion of your entire WorkFlowy list into an email, letter, article, app or document. There is some exporting of Quire into a CSV document, which can be copied and pasted into a document with some reworking.
As much or as little of your whole WorkFlowy list can be shown at one time #n
Unlike Quire, WorkFlowy does not have predetermined frames to enter text into you can always see the entire text

Brad M.

Convenient, efficient, effective, simple

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

I use it for task management to organise what I need to do, and assign my team tasks. Also there's a mobile app so I can see what the team is getting done when I'm not at the computer.

Pros

I can 'deep dive' doing sub tasks to sub tasks as deep as I like, and each point can have their own deadline, description, labels, comments etc. With other platforms each task only has one deadline but you know, things aren't always that simple. There are big goals and there are little objectives that need to be met to reach those goals, and there are errands that need to be done before you can do those objectives. Quire allows you to plot all these out, assign them to different people and with different deadlines. Its great.

Also its free, at least for now.

Cons

Its only a little thing and isn't really an issue: When you sort the tasks in order of due date, you don't know which sub-tasks are for what task. So lets say for example you have different clients that all need the same three tasks done for them (task A, B & C), and with different deadlines. When you sort in order of due date, you notice that task A is due tomorrow - but you don't know who for. Unless you clear the sorting, there's no way of knowing. Of course you can just select the specific sub-task, turn off the sort and turn it back on again when you know who it is, but then what about the other sub-tasks? Its only a mild inconvenience and I don't really use the due date sort that often anyway.

Jovana V.

As Simple as Quire

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

My experience is very positive as I was surprised how simplicity can actually enhance task management. I like to be able to categorize tasks and subtasks as my ideas germinate. Being able to go into all the details and be able to visually have a distinctive presentation of a task at hand is amazing.

Pros

One thing that was a real mind-blow was how simple Quire is. It's super simple, clear and user-friendly. On top of that, it is one of those task management tools that let you expand on the task to its most minutious details. Nesting allows you to create tasks and subtasks that are coherent and relatable.

Cons

To maintain the simplicity Quire decided to sacrifice some functionality features. I personally don't mind because there are a great many tools out there focusing on expanding on different functions. Quire should remain simple even it means that it should look somewhat rudimentary.

Renan S.

Quire takes the lion's share in the jungle of project management software

Reviewed on 11/07/2019

I was an early adopter - I started to use the app from the start.
It seemed to me that time the team behind Quire was skillful, ambitious and serious.
If you see now how much it has improved since I guess it was true.
What I enjoy the most personally is the design and user experience, it feels very natural and reactive.
I can say it will probably suit most of your needs now.

Pros

- Actively developed by a creative team
- There were already quite many apps when Quire started ; they were smart enough do get the best from what existed then and they had good ideas too.
- Good Styling options (Dark theme is one)
- Dates/Calendar management
- Fast interactions / intuitive handling
- Many options to follow tasks lists, boards (Kanban), reporting features, team interactions and team management
- They provide migration tools from other apps (Asana, Wunderlist, Trello...)

Cons

At first, the application didn't have as many features, so I have not exclusively used Quire since.
I believe that now it would be possible.

Shiny P.

Quire helps me keep a tab of my project progress and updates.

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

It makes me more organized in my work. At the same time ensures that I keep everyone updated about my project progress and updates.

Pros

User interface
Timely reminder
Collaborative work environment
Tags
Option to export all the tasks

Cons

No Calendar feature
Cannot have more than 1 person assigned to a task
Android app is not up to the mark

Response from Potix

Hi Shiny,
We do support sync with Google Calendar, iCal and Outlook Calendar (see here: https://quire.io/w/Getting_Started_with_Quire/13/Sync_to_Google_Calen...) and also assign more than 1 person to a task (see here: https://quire.io/w/Getting_Started_with_Quire/3/Assign_a_task_to_you...). :)

Jeffrey W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Project Management and Check Lists

Reviewed on 16/04/2020

Has been a great place to create multiple checklists and allows things not to be overlooked and improved upon from event to event.

Pros

The simplicity of use and interface allows me to have mutliple users access and work within or bi-annual checklists to execute an event.

Cons

Wish there was a way to "skip" a recurring task if it is not needed that time. Right now have to change the due date.

Jacalyn R.

All in one for free!

Reviewed on 08/03/2021

Solves everything for FREE!!!

Pros

Finally, I've completed my project management app search with Quire. I want the kanban feature and gnatt charting without the pricetag that comes with and Quire supplies it all. Very easy to pick up

Cons

Sometimes when making edits on the desktop app, edits are saved when downloading certain lists and re-uploading them as the lists need to then be updated online too. Perhaps an instant sync button would be helpful for edits within the app to show up online.

Asana, Trello and Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Quire

Price and features!
Matt D.

The best task-centric project management system I've used.

Reviewed on 27/10/2015

I've been using Quire for about two months now. Prior to that, I had tried a number of different project management suites. However, until quire, nothing proved more powerful and useful that a simple text document. Most project management suites have an opinionated idea on how you should organize your tasks, and limit you within those boundaries. Usually the problem I find is that I get to a point where I want to further break down a task and I can't.

Quire does not impose any limits on how you break down and organize tasks. They can be infinitely nested. Furthermore, it comes with a number of powerful features that makes collaboration much simpler. Features include groups, roles, tagging, due dates with a view of upcoming tasks across all projects. Users can be grouped into organizations and assigned to projects with particular roles.

Quire is polished and fast. It is primarily web-based at the moment, but is responsive and works great from both a desktop and a mobile device. It is replete with keyboard shortcuts for those of us who value efficiency.

I have found a few bugs and I have submitted a few feature requests. The developers are extremely attentive. Many of my feature requests (such as Ctrl+A to select all tasks) were implemented in just a few days, and most bugs were solved within 24 hours.

Beverly A.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Great Project Tool

Reviewed on 27/04/2019

Pros

Quire is an excellent software tool for creating new projects. You can add each individual task and also include sub-task. When there is a deadline for the project you can add due dates so you can be reminded when each project is due. Excellent for when you have several projects going on at once. There is a tutorial when you first log in, it is very helpful. Simple set up, you just have to input your email address.
There is a place where you can submit a particular person who is assign to each individual project task. Each task can be grouped. There is also a place where you can add information for detail, so you can describe what information is needed for each particular task. In Quire you can drag and drop, that is when you can move the items around if it falls in the wrong place. Sometimes we tend to make mistakes, but no worry, Quire makes it easy to drag the item to the correct place. The tutorial will show you a few handy shortcuts to make it easy.

Cons

Quire has been great. At this time I have not ran upon anything I dislike about this project tool.

Chris C.

Fantastic - easy, smooth, motivating

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

Great shared project management space. No more Google docs to open and random files scattered here and there with things to do.

Pros

Just live Quire. Full disclosure- I haven't ever used a shared project website or program before, in large part because it always looked like more work than it was worth. But a supervisor of mine invited me to use Quire to coordinate our summer camp together and my goodness it's so great. So intuitive and easy to access.

Cons

I wish that you could toggle back and forth between two email accounts like most Android apps. I'm confident that Quire will get there ­čśü

Some things take a tiny bit of getting used to, but overall it's pretty intuitive

Yuri D.

Very fluent, fast and powerful task management tool

Reviewed on 17/05/2020

Overall, I'm very satisfied with Quire. On my first attempt to use it I was pushed back by its minimalistic start point, but after diving a little bit into Quire's functionality, I found it's very useful to manage my own workload, to keep track of my tasks and project and to store the knowledge and comments related to any particular task.

Pros

What I really like is a very clean, intuitive interface that allows me to take different views (list, kanban) on my tasks and projects, configure and move my tasks around, and I like the speed - everything works pretty timelessly for me.

Cons

The feature that I miss in this software is the ability to create a task from an email.

Jaiver Q.

Great Software, easy to use, lots of tools

Reviewed on 10/07/2017

So far is free of charge and offers more than other software that charge a lot for only some of Quire features. It's great, easy to use, and the Customer Support is very receptive and cooperative.

Pros

It covers everything, subtasks, expiry date on subtasks, alarms, and more. It has the best of Wunderlist, Todoist, and others.

Cons

Nothing important so far. Some menus are sometimes tricky to find.

I have noticed that using the <> symbols, it is possible to add an expiry date to a task while creating it. Have you guys thought the possibility of adding the time too? That would be great!

Nelson D.

Finally a Minimalistic approach with all what you need and no more .

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

So simple yet so brilliant use of UX design. Menus and options are where they should be, easy to use, great way to collaborate without all the extra features that you don't use. Great software and app.

Pros

- It is so intuitive just like writing in paper
- Having a hierarchy structure in a to do list is brilliant and have been missing from all the big companies
- Beautiful design, elegant with the enough color and shapes to make it perfect

Cons

- I haven't found one yet. but as soon as I found one i'll come back and update this

Jonathan H.

Incredibly easy to use. Keeps your jobs organized and won't let you forget any tasks!

Reviewed on 05/03/2018

It helped me to stay organized. It allows partners and clients to view and comment on projects.

Pros

- Very easy to create tasks and subtasks
- Shows tasks in tree-mode, which (to me) is way better than cards
- Has a dark theme
- Awesome and easy to remember keyboard shortcuts
- Great Charts
- easy to remember URLs
- Mobile App

Cons

Can't think of anything that bugs me to the point of becoming a "con". A few features are a little "hidden", but I once you find them you think "oh it was here all along"...

Victor L.

Clean and simple interface

Reviewed on 06/09/2017

Organized task management

Pros

I like the organizational structure it has for the tasks the most. Other software that I've looked at lacked that element. For my purposes, I needed to have a well structured task list so I can look at progress and understand where it's at.

Cons

I did have a bit of trouble figuring out the various user types - that can get confusing. There's also a default 30 member limit, so groups with large sizes will need to request for a larger member quota.

Fernando henrique A.

I'm loving the aplication, is very usefull for lawyers who need to control deadlines.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Efficient control of deadlines and tasks.

Pros

Very easy to use, have very usefull features like control deadlines, assign tasks, attach files from google drive, graphics for activity control, have a very clean interface and it's free.

Cons

It don't have a feature to control a period of time for an activity. Will be very usefull to be able to set an activity to be made on a time interval.

Koushik S.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

This is one of the best software to manage day to way work for me.

Reviewed on 28/08/2017

Time management.
Resource allocation.
Stake holder, workflow management on a daily basis.

Pros

I like how my calendar is sorted for every week at the start of the week and I do not need to manage the work and projects via. various apps and softwares.

Cons

I believe the product can be improved by using more bright colors like Asana. That would make the product more life-like.

Marcelo C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great tool to organize tasks and mini projects in a team. All features, great usability.

Reviewed on 20/09/2017

Better team tasks management.

Pros

Easy to import tasks from text or excel; Share tasks in group; Great usability (very few clicks in any funcionality); Frequent updates;FREE!

Cons

Interface is clean, but in some cases difficult to see hierarchy; No API yet (Sep2017, but it is planned), and no Kanban (also already planned).

Mariana E.

It made my life easier.

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

Pros

Now I have my 'to do list' always in hand, and rewrite everything isn't necessary. Quire is also clean, than I can find things faster.

Cons

Markdown is a little bit more complicated to use, but I understand that is needed to maintain the clean interface.

Guillaume S.

A solution that is not well known and yet very complete

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

Pros

Repeat tasks, manage different area, tags

Cons

It's difficult to find what is missing in Quire

Justin P.

The structure won't box you in

Reviewed on 27/10/2015

When trialing this software, I noticed some (good) similarities to Asana, which I have used some in the past. However, Quire's hierarchical structure is very freeing, allowing you to nest any number of tasks to create the structure you need instead of forcing you into the structure they want you to use. I could definitely see this software being helpful to me in the future. I recommend you give it a try.