Datamolino

Data capture software for invoices, bills and receipts

4.9 /5 (36 reviews) Write a Review!

Steve S.

Datamolino Accounts Payable Automation

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Pros

Integrates nicely with our Xero accounting software.
Splits our invoices by line item so it's easy to track by cost account and job.
Saves a lot of time so that as owners of our business we can really see our costs without a lot of time spent.
We are saving money by not hiring a person for this level of detail.
Great customer service, Datamolino helps us whenever we have a request.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time. The couple times we've had an issue or question, Datamolino has been able to response promptly and make adjustments as needed.

Love this App

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

The support team is super responsive and happy to answer any question no matter how obvious or complex, and they will see any issues right through to completion every time even checking back in later to see that everything is still in perfect working order down the line.

Pros

It's very easy to use, very adaptable and works great for my needs.

Cons

I had a glitch when it was pulling the wrong supplier name from an invoice but this was quickly resolved. To be honest, really hard to pick faults.

Paul C.

Datamolino is an excellent app

Reviewed on 01/03/2018

Pros

Datamolino is an excellent app that just gets on with its job and works as it's supposed to. I like the fact that it's cloud based so can be accessed from anywhere. It can read most documents we scan to it, including some of the most illegible ones, and it also handles sales as well as purchases. On the odd occasion that something goes wrong, or we have a query, the friendly support staff are always quick to respond, and go above and beyond to help us out and resolve the problem. Definitely the best support team for any software that we use.

Daniel O.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great software for automating manual financial data entry

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

Pros

Datamolina reduced the time we spend manually entering data. Easily allowing us to upload invoices and take pictures of our receipts for expenses in real-time. The recognition software is speedy and populates fields accurately. Its integration with Xero creates a complete software solution and means we can save money paying our accountant for fewer hours!

Cons

Don't really have any. It does exactly what it's supposed to

David H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Makes life easy

Reviewed on 06/04/2020

As an uploader of receipts, mostly, it could not be easier. When I occasionally need to go into the application to view or update a receipt, it's very easy to navigate.

Pros

Datamolino takes one inconvenient aspect of running a business and magics it away almost entirely. So easy to use. When I encountered a bug in image uploads early on, the support team and developers were on it straight away and released a new version of the app to fix it.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I'm always amazed how well it copes with the endless variety of receipt formats and print quality.

Marius A.

Has saved us a lot of time!

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Pros

I forward all the invoices I receive to Datamolino and they just appear in Xero. No longer do we maintain a shared google drive folder to keep it in sync. Just send it to Datamolino and it's done.

Cons

Sometimes it detects currencies wrong. Sometimes when I scan receipts with my phone camera it fails to detect the invoice number... but those are just minor annoyances that can be quickly fixed through their site.

Erin l S.

Great product & customer service

Reviewed on 06/12/2017

Pros

Really great tool for streamlining and building efficiencies. Fantastic customer service and support.

Cons

Occasional snag when it doesn't pick up the information on an invoice correctly but easily rectified. Just need to know what to look out for.

Datamolino in our business

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Great team, always on hand to help with any issues or questions, they are open to improving their product any way they can.

Pros

Ability to send supplier bills via email. The software is very easy to set up and use, and has matured considerably with great data recognition.

Cons

The team is working on improving the recognition of US vs EU / UK date formats, this is one of the only things we need to manually fix during processing.

Tim P.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

An intelligent approach to document recongition

Reviewed on 08/03/2019

Datamolino provides a more accurate and reliable document recognition system than Xero's inbuilt "email to bill" option which is invaluable if you have large document volumes or complex supplier setups. The Datamolino team is also the most responsive and attentive we have dealt with in the XERO eco-sphere.

Pros

Datamolino's "fingerprint" approach to establishing new suppliers works really well. You engage with real people and you can converse with them to get the standard setup to exactly what you want. The team is responsive and customer service is excellent. You don't have to compromise or work around the limitations of AI or computer generated document recognition, which his really helpful.

Cons

The integration with other XERO apps wasn't always seamless, but the potential with, for example, ApprovalMax is huge if you persevere. Sometimes you get tripped up as all three apps (XERO, Datamolino and ApprovalMax) start trying to do each other's jobs. Also, from here in the Southern hemisphere, connection and response speeds tended to be slower than for XERO (hosted locally) as Datamolino lives in Europe.

• Industry: Cosmetics

Your Virtual Automated Bookkeeper

Reviewed on 14/08/2020

Very impressed with the personal customer service and the speed of development. Highly recommended if you want to save time on invoice entry.

Pros

Datamolino has saved us so much time over the years. It allowed us to focus on building the business and creating better product rather than bookkeeping and entering invoices. It's fast, accurate and has many features that beat all the competition.

Cons

Any issues that we have had have been dealt with quickly.

Thomas michael S.

Love this software

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

couldn't recommend it enough

Pros

easy to use
great app
amazing support
reliabillity

Cons

sometimes price, occasionally makes mistakes on OCR

• Industry: Cosmetics

Easy to set up and use

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

Good product, worked out more affordable than others and so easy to manage for multi client account.
Only reason I am closing my account is that it is not longer needed.

Pros

The support is excellent, on hand in moments whenever I have had questions
The system integrates well with Xero and is easy to negotiate around client folders and to export pdf reports too.

Cons

The only real edit I needed to do once the bill was in Xero was splitting into multiple line items which would be a nice addition.

• Industry: Accounting

Effective, efficient and will save you time

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Pros

Customer support is second to none, they really go the extra mile
Fast and accurate invoice processing
Email address to send invoices to is a big time saver
Virtually immediate synchronisation with Xero

Cons

Receipts aren't handled so well and can be slow to process /can fail to process
Multi page documents don't always process so easily

Sue H.

Datamolino is a great add-on which speeds up our Bookkeeping processes

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Pros

It's really easy to use and the customer support is fantasic! Our questions are always answered within minutes and once the initial 'fingerprint' of an invoices has been set up the processing of subsequent invoices are very efficient.

Cons

Being able to report from Datamolino would be useful eg. supplier reporting, though you can do this from your accounting software.

Tessa W.

Excellent Support

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Pros

Very easy to import documents via a variety of methods and the customer support is excellent. The supplier automation set up is great as once done its even quicker to review and export documents into your account package

Cons

If the resolution of scanned documents is too low then incorrect data can be picked up which can be annoying when having to review and correct docs but then again, its up to you to scan a high res image!!!

Mireya Z.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Datamolino is a great Organizing Software

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Its been great! Highly recommend the service!

Pros

Very easy to use and helps us organize our accounts payable accounts.

Cons

Proofreading can take a bit sometimes but its worth it as the software wants to make sure the documents are not duplicated.

Stacey A.

Another rare find. Amazing customer service and amazing value!

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Pros

If I could put a person's name here I would. Hands down one of the best customer service teams I have ever encountered. They helped me get setup, handle my multiple business entities and folder structure, etc. A great tool

Cons

User Interface is not flashy. But it doesn't need to be. Just wish it was a bit more inviting in that regards.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Easy to use and powerful

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Pros

Straightforward and powerful system; takes the pain out of entering invoices.

Cons

Extra charges for line-item extraction and multi-currency support may be an issue for some users.

Claire W.

Can't recommend enough!

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Pros

Datamolino has helped make my job easier! As I don't generate my invoices from QuickBooks, I needed a software that can take my invoices, gather all of the relevant information and format this correctly into QuickBooks. Datamolino was so easy to set up and even easier to use! If I ever have any problems, they are always on hand with their online chat to help. They are polite, friendly and really professional. I would recommend Datamolino to anyone and everyone!

• Used Other for 1+ year

Does what it says on the tin...

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Pros

One of those rare pieces of software that does what it needs to quietly, efficiently and effectively needing very little maintenance or intervention.

Our incoming bills get forwarded by email to Datamolino and shortly after they pop up in Xero ready to be approved and paid.

Cons

Nothing to complain about! It's always just worked! And when we've one or two small issues the support team have helped us out.

• Industry: Accounting

Support staff - Always ready to help and always very knowledgable

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Pros

The support staff are amazing, their passion to resolve any issues and ensure that customer is happy is key.

Cons

It would be great to have a "cancel" option once the invoices are selected for uploading so that the invoices that don't need to be uploaded aren't.

Jason C.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

Pros

Data Extraction is very good, the software is easy to use, chat support feature is excellent and very responsive. A very good solution.

Cons

I would like to see the software allow the functionality to add a markup to costs for recharge customers from within the software rather than having to do that as a secondary exercise from within in the accounts software application. I also had an issue being able to mark the costs as billable but it seems that is a browser issue rather than Datamolino

Carol W.

Datamolino never fails me

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Pros

I have been using Datamolino for a while and it is really easy to understand, set up, and use. The customer service is fantastic.

The accuracy is really good, yes things do not always come out correctly, but there is a smiple system to tell them where the problems are and they are dealt with quickly and efficiently.

With all software, things go wrong, but you can be assured the staff at Datamolino will be more than willing to listen to the issues, will get back to you in moments, and the development team really do listen and take your suggestions seriously.

Cons

Ocacsionally I have made the silly mistake of uploading a whole file more than once, and realise as I have dragged it into the box, but before I confirm. the problem is the file starts it upload immediately so I have to remember to let it finish and go back in and delete it. The development have said they are looking into a way to have a second confirm level so that does not happen. All my doing not theirs, but the only issue I have with the software.

Tom P.
  • Industry: Maritime

Great Product, Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

I would recommend Datamolino to anyone looking to take the repetitiveness out of manual data entry. I can't praise their customer service enough. The chat box in the lower right hand corner of the screen is always answered promptly and they go out of their way to help whenever they can.

Pros

Fully automated compared to other competitors. Great UI.

Cons

Price, but with everything - you get what you pay for. I switched for a time to try and safe money but ended up coming back to these guys as the other software increased my workflow due to lack of automation.

Steven S.

Datamolino - Does What It Says On The Tin

Reviewed on 30/03/2020

I wanted to put on record not only what a great product Datamolino is, but they were one of the first companies to help us in a really difficult time. As a pub we use them to scrub all our invoices before passing them into Xero. The scrub has become better and better over time and saves me a huge amount of time. I used to use one of the other "scrubbers" so to speak, but found Datamolino much simpler to use and their app more user friendly. If we ever get the world back on tilt, we certainly will support this company as they have supported us, unlike some other well known suppliers.

Pros

Easy To Use and does exactly what it's designed to do.

Cons

Nothing. The product is easy to use. I'd liek an easier way to switch between companies on the app is about the only thing.