2,757 reviews

Dona C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Better than others I tried

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

It has provided a central place to enter my contacts.
It has helped me somewhat track activities, IF I remember to mark them correctly.

Pros

I use the free version. It probably has the most ability of any of the free versions I tried, if you can figure it out.
It's easy to load new contacts, fairly easy to upload contacts from a spreadsheet and great for easily loading business cards to your contacts.

Cons

_It is not intuitive to use. You have to hunt and find "how-tos" for most tasks.
_I tried using the marketing mail feature and due to some triggers they have set up am now permanently locked out from ever using that function again; because their system estimated that legitimate emails I had on my list were not valid or would bounce back. Frustrating to put it mildly.
_I am sure there is more I could use this software for but the costs are too high for me to buy and I won't spend that kind of money only to find out it really doesn't work for the purposes I need it for.
_I have not found a way to categorize that will put the potential clients I need to continue to engage with on top of my list. The options offered don't cut it for my business. There may be a way but like I said, you have to hunt around to find how to do most of the options, which I don't have time to do.
_It does NOT auto-save! I have had to re-do entries, notes, etc. more than I care to think about. Otherwise, you snooze - you lose!
_All the instructions I have found so far are videos. I prefer step-by-step instructions so I don't have to search each time I need to do something I don't do every day. If they have them, they are located somewhere that is not clear or intuitive and I haven't found them yet.
_In some areas it is very forgiving, with options to change what you entered, while in others, not so much.
_You have to remember to check the box for auto-posting a follow-up, rather than auto checking.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Easy to Use and great mobile functionality

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use and offers great mobile functionality to make recording sales activities incredibly easy.

Cons

Tables and reports are somewhat limited in the display options, and they can run a bit slow at times. Specifically, some improvements to the display of deals/leads for the purpose of utilizing them for lead management meetings.

Hubspot is a very robust free CRM

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

We are very pleased with Hubspot and the amount of value that it has brought to our business. We will continue to use Hubspot, integrate more of our platforms with Hubspot, and once we are ready, we will upgrade to use some of their other paid products because we are very happy with what we have so far.

Pros

On the free version, Hubspot has decided to offer an immense amount of features, and a fully functional CRM with unlimited contacts. This allows us to organize our business around our CRM, optimize our workflows, and continue to improve our customizations within the CRM in order to take full advantage of all of the amazing features. It also offers daily, weekly, or monthly reports that can be very useful to analyze.

Cons

There are still some very simple no-brainer features that have not been included in the filters of the contacts. We have been watching these features on the forums/community for almost a year without any real movement. We are using the best work-arounds that I could find, but the lack of these features still does affect our workflows and performance, if only in a minor way.

Most nimble CRM platform on the market

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

- Has standardized our data collection process
- Has allowed us to build a far more robust database
- Has helped us automate low-value activities

Pros

- Easy to get up and running, i.e. implementation is not a painful process
- Less expensive than competitors
- SO SO MANY amazing native integrations
- Clean layout
- Good mobile functionality
- Easiest to learn from a user and admin perspective

Cons

- Don't enjoy the "Hubspot fields that cannot be changed" i.e. customization is limited
- Workflows can be wonky and don't always work right
- Support is based on the person, though most of them are fairly knowledgeable

Javier S.

HubSpot CRM its Free, Easy to Use and that makes it Extremely Useful

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

I've used several instances of HubSpot CRM in jobs at different corporations as well as help set the CRM to a few clients in the past. The fact that it is Free and extremely easy to use has motivated me to recommend it to many friends, from the smallest individual contractors and freelancers to actually large companies.

Pros

My favorite aspect of HubSpot CRM is the ability to track all activities and link it to other documents. This aspect combined with how quick and easy is to set a reminder for a follow-up call or email, helps me guarantee success with prospects and customers.
The second best aspect, in my opinion, it’s the integration with the HubSpot marketing platform, since I can easily see the workflows that a potential client has had, the downloads that he has made and when he has made interactions in my websites.
But I know that for many people the fact that it is Free and that it connects to many 3rd party Apps, is it most important selling point. Though personally I’ve only connected it to WordPress websites and some Email Marketing platforms.
Lastly, something that I don’t see people talk a lot about, is that the sales pipelines helps close more deals with less work, as it organizes and tracks every aspect and helps it grow and develop in the right direction.

Cons

Only two specific points comes to my mind.
The CRM lacks the ability to add multiple email addresses to a single contact record. Sometimes I start a conversation with a contact through a work email, but then sends some information through a secondary email address. Even though it is something small, I think it limits my capacity to contact.

And also the ability to merge companies would also be of great help, since HubSpot CRM does not have any tool to join the information of the contacts of different organizations.

HubSpot Partner Agency's Honest Review of the HubSpot CRM

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Time, Insights and the most personalized communications with any Sales Qualified Leads assigned to me. I can see what website pages they have viewed, the emails they opened or click on, the content offers they have downloaded, their social media profiles and their company information.

This is really useful when you are trying to reach a contact but not come across as "salesy" or "sleazy." You can tailor your outreach to the things you know they are most interested in because the HubSpot CRM gives you all that information in one single Contact Record.

The tracking capabilities are as great as the HubSpot Marketing Platform's tracking capabilities. This makes the entire cycle of creating brand awareness and expertise to increase your sales opportunities and customers, so simple and seamless.

You can tie everything back to the overall ROI for your business, which is what most executives care about. They need bottom-line results, and the HubSpot CRM already provides you with these bottom line reports with charts, numbers and professional look.

Pros

I love how everything about a contact is all in one place. From the first moment, they visit your website, to every conversion they've made on your website, all contacts with the company they've had, any meetings, calls, or emails. It's all right there in the Contact Record of the CRM.

This helps the marketing and sales team implement "Smarketing" in a seamless manner. Sales reps have all the marketing data in order to tailor their sales approach to a contact. Marketing has all the sales qualification necessities to add to their lead scoring system, so they can intelligently pass off marketing qualified leads to the sales team once they reach a specific score.

It tracks all the sales representative's performance, interactions, productivity and more. This helps sales managers know what their team is doing and how well they are doing at all times.

You also have a Deals section, where you can track all sales opportunities that have potential to become a customer and their path to either becoming a customer or a lost sales opportunity. That gives HubSpot the ability to better forecast your sales month-to-month for bottom line reports.

I love how you can call a contact directly from their contact record in the CRM, record it, take notes, and see all the information in front of you while you're speaking to them. That helps sales professionals increase their sales calls productivity and outcomes.

The HubSpot CRM can also integrate with your Gmail and Office 365.

Cons

The downside to the CRM is the limitation of integrating with your Gmail or Office 365. If you do not have your email or business hosted by Google/Gmail or Office 365, then it cannot fully integrate into your email system. The ability to have all the features of the HubSpot CRM right within your Inbox saves a lot of time and hassle of having to open up the HubSpot CRM and perform your tasks and communications there with a SQL.

There's the option to use IMAP with Microsoft Exchange if your company is hosted by another platform but still uses Microsoft 16 Exchange for your email service. But the drawback to this is that it is a bumpy road to setting up, and you do not have all the features and capabilities that you would have normally with Office 365 and a Business Gmail Account.

The price is also a common issue. HubSpot offers a free CRM but there are great limitations to this free CRM. It forces you to pay for the Sales Pro which is costly to add on to your other costs for the HubSpot platform such as the HubSpot CMS, MAP & Marketing.

With that being said, there are other CRMs that integrate with the HubSpot platform as an alternative and cheaper solution to having a robust CRM. The best one I have seen accomplish this is the BlueCamroo CRM.

Aspen B.

HubSpot Makes Selling and Collaboration Easy!

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Great so far! Has increased collaboration and touch points of leads and accounts due to ease of use and accessibility to all users.

Pros

I love that the CRM comes free with any of the other resources. I originally purchases the sales engagement package and storing and sending emails and templates from outlook is so easy, and makes it easy to collaborate and get feedback from others. The CRM is easy to use and I love that it has a Persona section, this is the new way marketing and sales are headed.

Cons

Sometimes the add-in causes my outlook to crash. This may be an issue with my computer or the program. The customer care also is not good for my subscription, only chat no phone.

Will M.

Changed the Game- Grew our bandwidth without having to grow our team

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Pros

The ease of use, helpful support, and flexibility on changing up our goals.

Cons

It was a bit overwhelming in the beginning to move over from our previous CRM. The video tutorials helped, but learned the most from the one on one interactions with our onboarding team.

Carlos O.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Best CRM On the Market

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

I have used HubSpot to take ownership of the entire sales cycle/process. From Identifying and qualifying, to closing. It has been a key component in my success.

Pros

What I like most is how HubSpot is intuitive when creating new company contacts. Also, the Tasks and Sequences features allow you to more effectively automate your follow ups and communications to prospects.

Cons

What I like least is that HubSpot is lacking a Text Message feature. Phone calls are spot on, but no text.

Sergio O.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Best CRM option out there

Reviewed on 14/06/2019

I'm very happy with this CRM. I married with it when I met it. No thinking even in trying another one.

Pros

It's free with unlimited contacts in the basic suscription. That's enough for my needs. We use it at our company. It's a reliable, simple, nice, fast and intuitive solution. We wil go for premium when our company grow.

Cons

Some good features are just available at premium membership.

Massy A.
  • Industry: Utilities

We love it but it's missing some basic functionalities

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Overall we love it but it's getting expensive and the more detailed we get the less helpful it can be sometimes

Pros

The interphase is great and we are able to customize it to our business needs to an extent

Cons

Some basic funtionalities are missing; for example: you can't see the task timestamp of when someone originally set up the task. Also, it's very expensive when you start to accumulate more contacts.

Anne L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

I Recommend HubSpot All The Time

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

Overall, it is a FABULOUS product! I highly recommend it. Many large companies use it but I would implore small businesses not to overlook it

Pros

The list of Pros would be long! I cannot believe the functionality provided with the free version. We have thousands of contacts and have 5 people with access. The biggest pro would have to be the customer service. It is fantastic! Always available and always knowledgeable - rare these days.

Cons

If I could change one thing, it would be the ability to keep history on contacts. For example, it a contact worked at Company A and then left to go to Company B, I would love the history to be kept.

Kevin D.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great CRM with Great Support

Reviewed on 16/03/2021

Pros

HubSpot is a fantastic CRM for organizations that want a system that can support all departments such as, sales, client success, customer support, finance and marketing.

They have a robust training academy that teaches everything you need to know about system and how to build it specifically to fit your business needs.

The customer support team is fantastic! With quick replies and thorough help, they are always available for calls, video calls and messaging.

Cons

When we first onboarded, there was some critical sales functions that did not exist, such as forecasting, which was added/improve on afterwards.

The documents that are attached to every deal and company is automatically pulled from emails, so there is no control to limit random files that get uploaded to the system.

A great improvement would to prevent HubSpot from automatically associating files from emails and allow users to control it. It can get messy.

• Industry: Consumer Services

HubSpot Used for Sales, Inbound Program Management, Web site Hosting Services

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

We clearly understand the sources of our online traffic and what content is generating the most attention/form fills/conversions. It covers off the tasks that we were executing in multiple other systems previously and allows us to track all inbound activities in a single system. In addition, it's easy to set-up and post new blogs to our multiple social media sites, complete e-mail blasts, as well as track results.

The couple of times I've contacted the help desk, the responses have been prompt and helpful. Also, the online training resources are for the most part useful in helping to understand how to use the basic functionality.

It's important to note though that like with all software solutions, it only performs as well as the users who configure and leverage it. Ensuring you have team members who are willing to learn the tool and use it properly (populate data correctly) will dictate the success of the tool for your organization.

Pros

It is intuitive to use and data is easy to query and update. Tracking of the contact touchpoints helps you understand your customers' buyer journey's more clearly.

Cons

Although one of the selling features is that you can A/B test landing pages, e-mails etc., it's important to note that you can't use these features unless you are emailing at least 1,000 contacts (as smaller data volumes don't render statistically significant results). So for smaller organizations just building their inbound programs, this functionality will not be usable until they grow to a larger size with a larger contact base.

Bruno C.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Nice tool for business communication

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

The tool is unusual in terms of use at the beginning. We have gone through a lot of pieces of training and read a lot of documentation, and finally, we have increased the number of customers by to 20 percent thanks to improved communication. The support team has helped us a lot. The program is suitable for marketing purposes only in the most expensive version, all others are only partially designed for that, so consider it when choosing the best one for you. Generally, there are no problems that can not be resolved, so give it a try.

Pros

"An excellent solution for those who want to keep everything on their eyes.
Within this CRM program, you can manage communication, do marketing and collect statistics.
Sales managers can monitor at which stage is the process of product promotion, how many deals are concluded, have info on them etc. You can also schedule e-mailing."

Cons

File storage is a bit complicated. They are difficult to find something using a search engine, as well as to replace files and especially attach them to messages. Emails often do not get to their addresses, therefore, we had to look for other services for correspondence. The interface causes some problems because it is not always convenient, for example, it is impossible to copy the contact information of customers. You just have to type it.

Rachel P.

Brilliant tool for Inside Sales Reps for tight budgets & high performance goals!

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

I would recommend to any organization looking to improve & merge Sales & Marketing Departments & processes. By continuously looking at YouTube & Googling best practices to manipulate HubSpot CRM to improve things, my leadership team & I are continuously improving processes & protocols to improve the customer experience!

Pros

Ability to merge Sales & Marketing Teams in a smaller company. My manager is the Sales & Marketing Director, where both the Marketing & Sales team report to her. HubSpot CRM allows me to properly manage my tasks, calls, emails. Everything can be tracked through Outlook 365 & Kixie PowerDialer & vonage Business Phone. I am so comfortable in HubSpot now that I able to improve the Sales & Marketing processes on the fly. I would recommend to any organization looking to improve & merge Sales & Marketing Departments & processes.

Cons

I learn something new about the software every day. If I did not YouTube best practices, I would not necessarily know them. Targets & goals are so high that I had to learn on the fly how to continuously improve our Sales & Marketing Processes. I know that may not be a HubSpot company issue, but my experience & frustration derived from HubSpot CRM.

HubSpot is a valuable tool for the Marketing department.

Reviewed on 02/10/2018

When I first started my job I took many of the HubSpot Academy courses, which was similar to taking an online marketing course in college. This helped me to gain an understanding of the software. With HubSpot we are able to easily monitor leads throughout the buyer's journey, as they move down the funnel. We can keep track of all of our tasks and deadlines, and provide content to our viewers.

Pros

HubSpot is great because it's an all-inclusive software for our marketing needs. We use HubSpot for all of our emails, blogs, and landing pages. The Workflows tool allows us to easily track lead engagement. We're able to manage and track our marketing efforts like never before. I find HubSpot much easier to use than WordPress, where our website is hosted. Possibly the best part of using HubSpot is the customer support! At times the wait can be long, but I always reach an actual person, and they are so helpful and nice! If they don't know how to do something they always look into it and get back to you via email. They're lifesavers!

Cons

The software can do so much that there is still a lot to learn. When creating contacts HubSpot has a tendency to fill in the missing information with what it can find on the internet, which is not always accurate. Sometimes there are features I would like to use that HubSpot doesn't have, like it only allows one level of progressive profiling in forms, and one level of subtasks in Projects. Sometimes the Design Manager and Page Editor can be difficult to work with.

Rachael T.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Hubspot

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Hubspot automation has been the greatest benefit, from the most obvious automated email use to assigning leads and editing contact/company values based on certain actions the CRM takes a lot of the tedious work out of our day-to-day allowing us to focus on strategic planning and growth through well-nurtured and scored leads, easy lead/sales team assignment and handover, seamless call-booking, great analytics/data/insights and more

Pros

The CRM is easy to use, always improving and gives you so many options/resources to connect with customers at any point in the buying cycle in a meaningful and effective way.

The training within the CRM is also a great addition, as well as the speeding customer support and numerous knowledge base articles there's always a quick and effective way to problem solve.

Cons

Sometimes the Salesforce integration can be a little tricky to navigate as certain contact/company/lead converting isn't an exact mirror. However, once you have some basic understanding it certainly gets easier to improve and maintain.

We also have a unique circumstance where we use both SF and HS, its certainly not necessary for most small/med business cases.

Lucy J.

HubSpot from a partner agency perspective

Reviewed on 15/03/2017

We've been using and recommending HubSpot for probably 2+ years now, and can safely say that with HubSpot you get more than a simple marketing or sales tool.

From training, to support, to integrating and managing marketing and sales, Hubspot is designed to work across all areas of modern marketing and is designed to scale well. If you plan to do inbound marketing and sales effectively, you pretty much have all you need in HubSpot as a one stop shop.

Content management, social management, paid ad support, sales support, CRM integrations, marketing automation, in depth reporting, integration with most major 3rd party platforms (this is a growing list), good support and a huge community of user support come with it.

Pros

Ease of use, wide range of integration, closed loop good reporting, great support and features for every aspect of inbound marketing

Cons

Id maybe rework the way you switch between user portals, but other than that, theres not much. A few odd bugs as with any software, but they're usually fixed quickly/ you can recommend changes easily.

Taniqua J.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great Software

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

It's great!

Pros

Hubspot makes everything seamless. It keeps track of emails and responses in each customer's file. You can also set up a vast array of automatons so that no one ever slips through the cracks. There are also templates so you save a lot of time over recreating things over and over. The customer service is the best customer service I have encountered. Most customer service reps talk down to people. Hubspot tends to just answer your questions as they would a professional and the back-up if they need to to help you along. They also generally offer additional information for you to look at so you don't have to keep calling. One of the best help databases available as well. They also offer video training and certification in multiple things that any company needs like marketing and SEO.

Cons

This is probably not a con to most people but I don't love change and Hubspot makes improvements to how things work fairly often, many things, this seems yearly. I personally don't like learning the new tweaks although I usually agree it's an improvement once I adjust.

Ginger J.

Love that it ties marketing/Inbound, sales into one easy to use platform

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Ties all of our sales and marketing efforts together. Great for remote teams like WebPunch. We like it but wish it had some small features/improvements.

Pros

The ease of use, the ability to customize my view, snippets and templates under the sales upgrade are helpful too. Decent reporting

Cons

Don't like that you can't assign a task to more than one person, the formatting of the email doesn't work & don't like that you can create customized tags which would allow us to filter results based off the tag

Response from HubSpot

Hello Ginger!

Thank you for leaving us this detailed review! We really appreciate being able to receive your feedback on our product!

I'm glad to hear that you have found our product easy to use and the customization abilities to be valuable!

As far a your comment about tagging multiple people in tasks, I would highly suggest giving the ideas forum post at the link below an upvote: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Assign-task-to-multiple-people/idi-p/11096

In addition, I would love to hear more about your idea for customizable tags that could allow for more advanced filtering.

If you are open to continuing the conversation, we would love to hear from you at the email address provided.

Thank you again for your review Ginger!

Blake P.

Pretty awesome that you can start free and grow as you go

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

In general, it is a really easy system to use, the support is awesome and tons of helpful resources.

Pros

It has just about everything you need and as free software that is pretty awesome. We have since switched to a paid version that has call logging/tracking which is a pretty awesome feature for reviewing calls (but only available in the USA, not Canada).

Cons

No call recording for Canadian leads which is a bummer, sometimes the logging of interactions can be a little buggy and I find dealing with duplicate leads a bit of a pain.

Nick L.

They've done a great job with the redesign and they are improving so fast!

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

They have great customer service. In the few times I've needed to contact them I get a response darn near immediately. Overall I'm extremely happy and would recommend HubSpot to anyone. The free CRM is great but the paid Sales and Marketing are well worth the extra bucks. They'll definitely pay for themselves if you use them.

Pros

With the new redesign,​ they've done a spectacular job tieing everything together and making it all work seamlessly. It's an amazing tool for keeping track of clients AND managing communication from chats to scheduled meetings. Not only that but the automation features are great because they don't overly automate. It's just the right amount to make for a great client experience. They keep on improving with new features faster and faster, amazing.

Cons

I'm very skeptical about the CMS part of HubSpot. An expensive closed system just isn't my idea of a good idea for content management. As for the CRM part of it, sometimes there are a few glitches where things don't function well but that is rare.

Miguel G.

The CRM That Just Simply Works!

Reviewed on 10/03/2018

I use HubSpot to manage my clients and potential clients, as well as tracking my marketing attempts. The CRM tool is amazing and my favorite piece is the integration with Gmail. Using notifications, HubSpot tells me when my messages have been opened by the recipient. It helps me keep track of the effectiveness of my messages at all times.

Pros

HubSpot's biggest pro here is the fact that their CRM product is free... always! But it gets better because HubSpot can integrate this free product with their other products such as Sales and Marketing. It's integration with Gmail gives you real-time status on what is happening with your emails. This feature is also available for Outlook users. HubSpot also provides company insights to your newly added contacts. Using some of the data you enter for your contact, HubSpot is able to mine for additional details on that contact from public records, allowing you to have a more complete view of your contact.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve to how the program works. Not that it is difficult, but that it is not as intuitive. But fear not, their support and resources are great in assisting with that, should you encounter any issues.

Megan J.

HubSpot has made handling clients marketing a breeze

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

There are too many benefits to list in the 2500 word count, as a social media director, I love being able to create, schedule, and measure my social media posts all in one place. Knowing that a client converted from a certain Instagram post is a great insight and has made our social media marketing not only easier but more successful as well. I love the education side as well. I've taken advantage of a ton of the certificates which have been a great learning experience but they are an even better talking piece when at a networking event. Also, they have built up my certificate resume tremendously. I even participated in the FB messenger social media quiz and thought that was a great idea to get users involved!

Pros

I love having different portals for each client so no confusion happens. My other favorite thing about HubSpot is the education it provides. I've gotten multiple certifications through the HubSpot Academy and plan to continue. I would suggest it to any upcoming Marketing/Advertising employee. I love being able to create, schedule, and measure my company/client social media posts all in one place. Landing pages are easy to make and the metrics are even better.

Cons

The only thing I can complain about when it comes to HubSpot is the design. As a designer, when working with things like blog posts or landing pages it can be very frustrating. Its almost like they made the simple things harder.