Livestorm Reviews

Livestorm

Engage your audience with better video communication

4.4/5
4.4/5
4.7/5
4.5/5

Eran
Eran
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Excellent alternative to zoom!

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Excellent experience.
I do know the recording of the meeting is a feature currently in beta, so...

Excellent experience.
I do know the recording of the meeting is a feature currently in beta, so looking forward to it.
The video quality is awesome.
The software is easy to use and requires no download.
I found the webinar set up process a bit confusing, but didn't take long to figure out.

Pros

Livestorm is a great replacement for zoom.
I recently had issues with zoom so had to look for an alternative.
With Livestorm, I was able to have video sessions with clients and business partners without them having to download anything.
The webinar feature is free if you do webinar under 20 minutes, which is also great for me, as it forces me to do short webinars which I prefer to figure out the process of.

Cons

Only missing feature for me is the ability to record the meeting so I can upload to Youtube or elsewhere if I wanted to.

Cassie

Technology that enables the process

Reviewed on 10/06/2020

Livestorm has been amazing. We are an IT company, who wanted to promote our knowledge via webinars. We had never done webinars before so it was a steep learning curve. We chose Livestorm because it had a modern interface, and because it was easy to learn, and also the technology automated the process of successful webinars - ie creating emails, automated branding.

Pros

Ease of use, automation of process, lots of documentation. No plug ins.

Cons

There really isnt anything we dont like about this software.

Webex and Zoom Events and Webinar

Reasons for Switching to Livestorm

Modern interface, automated webinar development, process, no plug-ins, easy to use and easy to learn. Lots of good documentation. We subscribed and were up and running with hosting complex webinars that included sharing ppts, live technology demos, within a few weeks, with no hitches. The other solutions were either overkill for what we needed, seemed old-school and too complex to learn, or didn't automate the webinar development process.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

The system failed 2 hours before my webinar and they did nothing except to say sorry

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

A horrible night mare

A horrible night mare

Pros

Ease of use, efficient reporting system..

Cons

the software crashed 2 hours before the event. disaster

GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Livestorm

Because new system is working

Webex

customer service

Response from Livestorm

Hi there,

We indeed experienced two down times of a bit over 1 hour each in April. This was due to the increase of usage we've been seeing due to Covid-19. We had made a few updates to try and support this traffic, but it wasn't enough. We course-corrected since and are continuously improving the stability of the platform. This is a long lasting effort from the team.

Down times are very unfortunate for Livestorm, where our customers trust us to host live events. So when the platform goes down, there is nothing we can do to truly make up for the bad experience this causes. We know this.

However, we reached out to all customers impacted and did our best to repay them. We extensively offered refunds.

This is an anonymous review, I have no way to see how we handled your case in particular. But please if you'd like to go over your support request again, could you reach out to [email protected] ? I'll personally look into it.

Andy

Makes all of our webinars easy

Reviewed on 03/06/2020

We finally found webinar software that gives us the interaction tools and the quality of video that we were looking for!

Pros

Easy to use, a few quirks in setting up, but fine once we got started. The whole team uses it across the globe for weekly webinars with customers. Good quality video and good interaction tools.

Cons

Registration for attendees could be streamlined just a little.

Demio and Zoom Events and Webinar

Reasons for Choosing Livestorm

Video quality wasn't as good.

Crowdcast

Reasons for Switching to Livestorm

Perfect mix of functionality, quality and price.
Aron
  • Industry: Legal Services

Livestorm is the one.

Reviewed on 05/04/2021

Perfect. Great product and remarkably responsive team.

Perfect. Great product and remarkably responsive team.

Pros

We were using Zoom and Adobe Connect for webinars and meetings. We switched to Livestorm and haven’t looked back. The best part of Livestorm is how well it always works. No glitches, nothing to figure out how to fix. And when we have had a question for support, they’re amazingly fast.

Cons

No cons at all. Livestorm has done everything we need it to do.

Aaron
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used for 1+ year

LiveStorm review

Reviewed on 15/11/2020

Pros

Easy to set up and manage multiple events. We deliver our own webinars plus webinars for clients. With up to 6 video streams we can have panels which have been great. We can also profile the panelists (guest speakers) on the registration page which is nice. Our clients also really appreciate the user data we can given them afterwards using the analytics and data export functions of LiveStorm.

Cons

The support hours are slightly different to Australian business hours. Although there online user guides are very comprehensive.

Zoom Events and Webinar

Reasons for Switching to Livestorm

Interface. Live Support. No need for end viewer of webinar to download software as they simply view the webinar through their internet browser.
Julia

Love the Tool!

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

Livestorm gives me the opportunity to offer a new service to my clients through the webinars. At the same time, I save valuable time.

Pros

You can easily customize your webinars and host weekly events.
The content and knowledge base helps a lot and it's fun to test new options.

Cons

It would be great to include the recording after a webinar directly in the email sequence.
And I would love to see the results of a poll in the sessions overview.

Zoom Events and Webinar

Reasons for Choosing Livestorm

We needed the option to host one webinar with many sessions but only with one link we can forward to our customers.

TwentyThree Webinars

Reasons for Switching to Livestorm

I like the different options to set up a webinar (live event, on demand) and to customize it as well (colors, logo, landing page)
Jose

Excellent software for webinars, courses

Reviewed on 25/07/2020

Fantastic experience. It can only get better as you improve!

Fantastic experience. It can only get better as you improve!

Pros

I The ease of use and functionalities. After spending over a month researching webinar platforms and watching webinar reviews, I finally found on Livestorm a solid platform.
- Great landing page design
- email automations
- sign-in process
- calendar of future events

Cons

- Ability to save Call to action button: It would be fantastic if button information could be saved to be used in future webinars (as in polls).
- Payment gateway to paid webinars

Webex and Zoom Events and Webinar

Reasons for Choosing Livestorm

The system is not as intuitive. Also, always connection problems during webinars!

WebinarJam

Reasons for Switching to Livestorm

After all the research, Livestorm is just better. And it could get even better!
Sara

My ultimate savor "Livestorm"

Reviewed on 02/09/2021

Overall experience was just great, i did let go of Tencent and Zoom and used this ultimate savor.

Pros

You can easily set up webinars, and the interface is quite user-friendly. After our amazing "Speakout8" competion held on Livestorm I can assure  You also get a beautiful  interactive webinars with the option of inviting users to speak on the stage and ask their questions.

Cons

There is a common registration page for all events, which we would like to change or remove from time to time. What is apparent for the managers versus the moderators versus the speakers versus the spectators is not always understandable.

Kate
Kate

Wonderful for Webinars, Less Great for Bigger Events

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

It's fantastic for webinars. We host a few webinars a month in Livestorm and it's easy to use and affordable. Best solution for such a simple use case.

Pros

Livestorm is affordable and intuitive and it's probably my favorite introductory software for webinars. It's so easy for people on your team to use and it automates your event communications and allows you to have webinars available on-demand as well.

Cons

There are some features that I know are features but feel like bugs. For example, when you use the event automation to play videos in succession, there's an issue where it'll play two audio feeds simultaneously so it sounds like an echo. And also, if someone joins partway through a session, the video feed will start from the beginning but the chat feed is in real time so it's not synced up.

ON24

Reasons for Switching to Livestorm

Way more appropriate for our use case
Udo
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Webinar platform that saves you a lot of time

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

Until now I had a very good experience. All of my webinars worked fine - no interruptions. We use it in the team and all the team members didn't have problems to get used to the platform. Reports are fine as you can see who attended and what questions were asked.

Pros

Livestorm is easy to use. You can setup a webinar in a few minutes and then it does all the hard work for you: registration page, registration confirmation, reminder for the webinar and it sends also the information about the replay of the webinar. You can customize the registration page and also the eMails. The webinar room is easy to use for hosts and also participants, as no software installation is required.

Cons

Guest speakers need use the right Browser (Google Chrome) to go on stage. Sometimes the platform has little stability problems but this often depends on the bandwidth of your internet connection. A custom background for your video would be very nice. Perhaps this comes in a later update.

Zoom Events and Webinar and GoTo Webinar

Reasons for Switching to Livestorm

Livestorm is easy to use, no software installation is required, you can test it with full functionality but with a limited number of attendees and only for short webinar. But htis gives you a good impression.
Josseline

Livestorm or how to organize a webinar with peace of mind

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Very good experience with Livestorm to organize an online training: simplicity and efficiency in the use for the participants as well as for the preparers of the event, with the possibility to collect interesting statistical data compared to other software of the kind. I highly recommend this service!

Pros

-Easy to use for administrators, speakers and participants ;
-No technical problems found during our webinar which hosted almost 200 participants with 6 speakers and 3 technicians ;
-This service will be gladly used for our future online events ;
-Ease of obtaining analytical results for the company and ergonomic comfort

Cons

-Some analytical results difficult to obtain (e.g. participants by city)
-Some technical problems encountered with some speakers in preparation of a webinar

Microsoft Teams and Zoom Events and Webinar

Reasons for Switching to Livestorm

For the general experience described above. I was not disappointed with the service offered and thank the Livestorm team for the transparency of their product.
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to set up and operate for customer webinars

Reviewed on 14/04/2022

We switched to Livestorm after a bad experience with a branded product in a middle of a series of webinars. The learning curve to get adjusted to the new product was surprisingly fast and we could continue the webinar program without any delay. The presenters and audience did not really notice that we changed platforms !

Pros

Possibility to rehearse the webinar, greatly contributes to improve delivery and logistics

Cons

Customisation of interface is a bit basic with too many restrictions on layout

Webex and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Livestorm

Bad experience with product support

GoTo Webinar

Reasons for Switching to Livestorm

Recommendation from a customer and successful pilot
Fred
  • Industry: Information Services

Great for Executive Peer Exchange

Reviewed on 18/06/2020

I have had a very positive experience with Livestorm and would recommend it. I only have the one issue with the service, which I am hoping they will fix and expect they will. The team is responsive and the product is easy to customize. The deployment is great and the data tracking is better than I have experienced with other solutions.

Pros

Outside of a Chrome browser there is no need for additional software, this is a major plus in my opinion and the ability to add participants to the "Stage" for more interactivity is excellent.

Cons

The "Follow Up Survey" in this software does not exist. The user is forced to an external survey which loses 100% of the user tracking data making the follow up very weak. If the tool is to be used in any way to drive biz dev, this is likely a bad option. It is surprising actually, because the coding and product itself shows that there is talent behind the programming so the additional of a simple survey should be a no-brainer.

Matthias

Very smooth webinar software with convenient automation features

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Can only recommend after trying Zoom Webinars and Webinar Ninja before.

Can only recommend after trying Zoom Webinars and Webinar Ninja before.

Pros

Webinars can be set up very easily and with just a few clicks you can make a single webinar a multi-session series. In combination with template-able emails, admin in the background is kept at a minimum level.

Cons

We using it with German end users, translation is not entirely optimal there.

Demio

Reasons for Switching to Livestorm

German version was still better than the comparison.
Jennifer

ABSOLUTE LIFESAVER!

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

I did easily 20 hours of research and for the cost and what this offers this is truly better then even the most popular platforms out there with more brand recognition. I have no doubt this will be a household name in short order.

Pros

I could go on and on so I am going to make a list:

User interface
INTEGRATIONS!!!
Great Graphic Design
Editing and saving is easy
Making webinars and changing them is easy
Great landing page
Great webinar room
Call in options and file downloads
chat option
poll option
private questions option
Screen share
automatic recording
the data gotten on visitors is IMMENSE
great customizable questionnaire for signing up
Customizable send emails
Incredible customer service always present
Great audience filtering
Easy export of audience data
I like the way the teams are built. They don't want to just take all of your money they have ways you can ad team members like me (tech person) to help run the webinar if you only have one host which is all we need.

Cons

The only thing you should note though it's never been a problem ever for me is that they are in France. So the customer service is only available in the mornings in the USA.

Also I saw some shortcomings but in the six months using the platform they have made the updates. If you make a suggestion they listen and truly consider adding that upgrade.

Response from Livestorm

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback!
We're so happy to hear that you're having a great experience with Livestorm. Please do get in touch with us if you have any further feedback for improvement :)

Regarding the US support hours, you are right. We absolutely needed that to offer a better experience! This is the reason why, we've extended our support coverage to the US timezone since the beginning of September! Whether in the East Coast or the West Coast, you should not have any problem reaching out to us during office hours :) We will make an official announcement in October regarding this.

Thanks again for taking the time to submit your feedback Jennifer! :)

Best,
Elif and the Livestorm team

David
  • Used for 2+ years

Distinctive in a Crowded Field

Reviewed on 08/07/2019

Basically it is a convenient, easy-to-use platform for casual webinar production. If you are producing at least one webinar per month, it is worth the expense.

Pros

It seems to cover all the essentials. Email, landing page, post-webinar republishing. It was designed with a lot of care an attention to what most users (like us) want and need in a platform.

Cons

The pace of new product features is very slow. We'd like to brand/customize emails, but this took six months to come out.

Response from Livestorm

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to see you've found value in Livestorm for over 2 years now.

I have good news for you: the customizable emails are (finally) coming! It's only a matter of weeks now before you'll be able to add new emails to your workflow and fully customize them according to your needs (as in: change their HTML completely).

We're doing our best to move fast and please the majority of our customers. So hang tight, updates are coming :)

Best,
Thibaut & the Livestorm team

Corne
  • Industry: Events Services

Experience from the last 2 months

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Great experience, easy to use and friendly support staff.

Great experience, easy to use and friendly support staff.

Pros

I love the easy functionality with bringing speakers onto stage (or removing them), playing media that you upload directly and the features with the attendees (chat, questions, polls).

Cons

I would like to put forward the following considerations for future roadmap:
- Provide organiser with the ability to change colour of webinar room
- Sometimes people place questions in the chat room. Provide Moderator with the option to move chat to questions tab.
- Provide ability to delete all previous polls.
- Provide ability to re-order:
o Webinars on the dashboard according to alphabet, dates or own choice
o Rearrange presentations in shared media
o Rearrange speakers according to own choice on the registration page.
- Private chat with moderators/speakers.
- Provide moderator/team member to also join as an attendee on another device. Whenever I host a webinar on my laptop, I “attend” on my mobile phone to see the same experience of the attendees and then I can trouble shoot from both sides.
It would also be great to be able to host more than 1,000 attendees.
Would like to use the platform for hybrid events, but we cannot feed a live feed + have presenters or slides on stage.

Jose M.

As great as the rest or even better

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

9/10

9/10

Pros

Quality image and sound are superb. It is very easy to handle.

Cons

PPT interface with platform is not ideal since when it launches you cannot see the web app.
Competitors allow to share ppt direct instead of sharing screen application window

Reasons for Switching to Livestorm

Price/value ratio and performance on trials

Response from Livestorm

Hi Jose,

Thanks for this great review!

I'm not sure if you're aware but it is possible to share your PPT slides directly without having to share your screen. You simply need to save it as a PDF and then share it :)

Here's a link to our help doc with more information: https://bityl.co/5xMX

Kind regards,

Daniella from Livestorm

Alfred
Alfred
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Best Software for Meetings

Reviewed on 17/12/2021

Training my clients has not been easy. But everything has been running smoothly since I started using Livestorm. I now conduct all my training sessions in real-time. I only need internet connection to access the platform from any place with a browser. No download is needed.

Pros

I can manage attendees easily through screen sharing. It is easy to set up webinars. The interface is user-friendly making it easy to use. With the interactive interface, I can invite users to speak on the stage and ask their questions.

Cons

It doesn’t support PowerPoint presentations. The sound is not working with the PowerPoint presentations. So, you need to download additional software to integrate so you can hear the sound.

Eliana
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reliable platform for online events

Reviewed on 18/01/2021

Livestorm is easy to use, stable, customer-friendly and reliable.

Livestorm is easy to use, stable, customer-friendly and reliable.

Pros

When we chose to work with Livestorm, the integration was fairly easy. The Livestorm platform is very user-friendly, even intuitive – given one has worked with a webinar platform before. Registration pages are fully customisable, which is a great advantage for any company. Webinars are stable even when some of the speakers do not have the best Internet speed. Livestorm sends information about all updates and new features via email, which is very helpful. They also give you a heads-up if there is to be some platform maintenance, so that your online events are safe and you do not have to deal with unexpected technical issues. Livestorm customer support are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Invitation emails (for speakers as well as attendees) could be customisable. At present one can only customise the confirmation emails, reminders, etc.
You have to remember to set up all system emails before the webinar. If your plans change and you decide to send an extra, unscheduled after-event email to attendees, you have to send it externally.

Corey
Corey

Livestorm is the only webinar platform I trust. Best experience so far with webinar software.

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

Peace of mind. Most successful webinar to date. Ease of use. All the features and functions we want.

Pros

The process as a whole is very well rounded. Customer rep does a great job of making sure you're all setup and ready to go for your first webinar, learning the system (which is very simple), making sure to take care of any and all questions promptly. You can tell they care. When we had problems with other webinar software, we wouldn't get a response for days, and then would get a vague response with a link to a FAQ page. Customer rep and the team are very helpful and personal. I love that it's browser based, so neither myself nor attendees need to download anything or run anything. It makes the whole experience much smoother. It's almost like tuning into a podcast. Another thing I like about it is how easy it is to make a great landing page. That was important for us. Another thing is the ease of analytics. We can easily track UTM parameters and track performance of shares with the team, partners, and on different channels. Also, once you're in the webinar room, everything is so simple and easy to use. This is the biggest difference for us. For most platforms, once you get into the webinar room, everything is clunky and unintuitive. The webinar room does exactly what you want, easily, and it's intuitive. It took me about 5 minutes to comfortably do all the different things we needed to.

Debbie
  • Industry: Fine Art

Perfect for my company!

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Overall, very happy. Our customers are thrilled with the ease of use and quality!

Pros

We started our business as a strictly in-person experience in NYC and had a great following. When the pandemic broke, our business suffered immediately. However, Livestorm saved us by allowing us to create a virtual experience that was similar to our in-person services, but gave us the opportunity to reach out to more people from more places all around the world!

Cons

Customer services could be better. When I have a question or problem, it is difficult to talk to a real person.

Torey

Lacks common features

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

Overall, we like where this tool is headed, but it's not ready for prime time. If you are an organization that has to serve a wide range of people and have all the common options such as easy dial in, this tool is not for you. If you do the occasional webinar and your users are on the best high speed networks and best browsers you'll have better luck.

Pros

Nice landing pages and simply automation features. Replay option is nice as well.

Cons

Guests have audio issues frequently and if they have to dial in it's very confusing and frustrating. If you have a guest speaker that would like to dial in this platform will not work for you.

Response from Livestorm

HI Torey,

Thank you for the constructive review, the dial-in feature is indeed available only for attendees for now. Guest speakers need to connect through a computer. However this is in our plans :)

As for the browsers, we push continuous improvements every week to over thousands of users. Everything is 100% in a browser and people can still access a webinar from any browser or devices. Which is a unique feature. But obviously the best user experience is still on Chrome, Firefox, Opera and more recently the latest version of Safari.

Thomas
Thomas
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Super Tool for Multiplying Webinars

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

I conduct an average of 3 to 5 webinars per week with 10 to 150 people, I am very happy with the product and the customer service.

Pros

The simplicity to create a webinar, the possibility of extracting a lot of data, as the questions asked. Which allows you to refine are contained throughout the presentation. The ability to share a live youtube video and control playback.

Cons

At first, the lack of content to know how to create a great webinar, but it remains a point of improvement I think