Skubana

4.7/5

100 Software options

Monica B.

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

Pros

Web-Based

Rep. was an amazing individual. If you are so lucky to work with him he will do everything in his power to help you. I cannot say enough positive things about my interactions with this gentleman.

Cons

Too many required "integration partners" and "connectors" in order to use the software.

Cost for value. Each "integration partner" and "connector" has additional integration and monthly fees. Some are very expensive on their own and some are minimal but once you add up all the "integration partners" and "connectors" required to make Skubana function you'll have a hard time justifying the costs.

Inventory accuracy.

Jose G.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The essential tool for Multi-Channel businesses

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

Overall Skubana is an essential part of our business to integrate between all our sales channels and warehouses.

It also allows for switching from FBA to FBM with a simple toggle switched on or off, in a situation where Amazon inventory is stocked out.

Pros

Skubana makes it very easy to manage multi-channel orders and fulfillment. It's an essential tool for our E-Commerce business with several different sales channels and fulfillment partners. Skubana allows us to have everything tied together under 1 platform, giving us a lot of flexibility in directing volume to specific Warehouses. The order bot tools are also very important as it automates a lot of the order management process, saving time and money.

Additionally, due to Skubana's ability to integrate with all our sales channels and warehouses, it allowed for a quick and seamless switch from FBA to FBM during the early pandemic days in March 2020 when FBA fulfillment times with Amazon reach upwards of 3-4 weeks delayed.

Cons

The configuration process to set up certain account settings or actions isn't always easy or streamlined and can require contacting support for several days as they walk you through the setup process.

Great capabilities if willing to pay big bucks

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

After five months we decided that Skubana has a lot to offer its end user, but it was not a good fit for us as a pure Amazon FBA seller. PO's were auto-generated; however, we had to review each one to ensure it was profitable and a proper order to place at the time (projections were off even after 90 days of data collection). Furthermore, we had a very poor experience communicating with the the support team. It seems we had an account coordinator, who was always available and very helpful, but beyond that - the entire organization felt like a sales team. When it came time to communicate, they were mum and quite difficult to get a hold of. Business development is key to small business (we understand that as a small business) but client relations is even more important. "Disappointed" is the understatement of the year for us in describing our experience.

Pros

The automated PO generator is a great feature if ...
You do not have competitors selling the same product, which could impact your velocity/profitability. We also saw issues with the forecasting projections. Not a couple units, but hundreds of units off.

Cons

Software required a massive amount of dedicated time and effort to set up with Amazon FBA. We had an on-boarding period that was long and painful. It was long because there was endless customization required. It was painful because after all was done, we found out through another Skubana employee that we did not set up our products/inventory properly during our on-boarding.
This was quite troubling.
Lastly, in full-disclose, I spent the first decade of my career as a software validation engineer, and I can say - navigating the software was very clunky. It has massive capabilities, but a software application is only as good as the user - in other words - the UI should not take 12 months to become familiar to the user. At some point, training on the application needs to end and the user needs to be able to fully perform duties on their own.

Josh L.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Skubana Simple and Intuitive yet Powerful

Reviewed on 12/06/2017

An easy to jump into solution for all of my inventory management need.

Pros

I really like how intuitive and straight forward it is. With very little training, my team was able to get up and running very quickly in a time crunch. Skubana really seems to have almost everything we need to sort out the inventory side of our business. The fact that the owner comes from a background of eCommerce is very clear as the software works great for running small to medium size eCommerce operation.

Cons

As we're still getting setup, the issues that are problematic with it for us will likely get sorted out one way or another. That said, we would like to see the MPN on pick lists and packing lists. Being able to maintain settings view setting on more screens would be helpful.

I'd like to see inventory numbers on the pick list so we could look for inventory issues while picking.

Like I said, we're new to Skubana, getting settled in and figuring out our way through it. My list of issues is basically a summary of what we're sorting out over the last few weeks. But I can't imagine having some form of similar issue with other software.

Response from Skubana

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your experience on Skubana. Your advocacy is truly valued and appreciated!

Happy Selling!
Chad

David R.

Saved me hours a day by integrating 4 selling channels into 1 easy to use program.

Reviewed on 02/06/2017

Saved me tons of time!

Pros

We were selling through Shopify, Amazon, Jet and eBay. Before we got Skubana, I was spending hours a day bouncing back and forth in between the 4 selling platforms making sure orders were importing correctly, stock quantity was current and making sure tracking information was uploaded for each order. Skubana easily integrated all 4 selling channels along with our 3PL we use. It has easily saved me 10+ hours a week.

Cons

The one thing I wish I could do directly from the software is to contact support. It would be nice if there was a button or link that I could click on that would automatically open up an email addressed to my account manager.

Response from Skubana

David, Thank you for trusting Skubana with your business. We are happy to hear that our platform has significantly improved your productivity in your business. We are constantly improving our platform, so stay tuned!

Jeffrey C.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Skubana is best solution for small business

Reviewed on 25/01/2017

Skubana customer support is unparalleled. We've use it for shipping wholesale and retail from multiple warehouses, we send PO's to vendors, we track inventory, we fulfill manual orders, in-store purchases and orders through three different websites all through Skubana's single interface. When we call for help someone answers the phone and generally they fix the issue within days if not hours.
I highly recommend it.

Pros

It has functions to help in many aspects of small business management, it's reasonably priced and it's straightforward to use. Nothing else does as much for the cost.

Cons

Manual orders take a bit of time to process. (But, they're working on a fix!)

Response from Skubana

Awesome to hear about your experience! Thank you for your support.

Grant Y.

Near Enterprise Grade without the Cost

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

Saves us countless hours in manual order processing, inventory updating and managing our shipping.

Pros

- Performance oriented for large sellers
- UX that mostly makes business sense vs UX designed by coders
- Multiple warehouses, brands, vendors and channels
- Strong auditing and user controls
- Great value for price
- Good support
- API (but not strong on documentation)

Cons

- Small UI/UX bugs that persist
- Occasional performance hiccups
- Many useful features (bots) have poor documentation

Rick D.

Does a lot very well and adding features that we love

Reviewed on 16/06/2017

We save a lot of time and don't have to manually figure out when inventory needs to be ordered because Skubana keeps track of sales velocity, lead times, shipping, etc.
It's also nice to be able to process orders using one tool as opposed to each channel.

Pros

I really like the auto-PO feature and the product bundling functionality... it saves us a lot of time. I also like the ability to manage all our orders from one location. Skubana connects to all our channels including Amazon, FBA, Walmart.com, and our own Shopify website. The analytics section helps us see what's going on as far as lost profits, COGS, etc.

I can't wait until they come up with listing management features!

Cons

I wish it would send me emails when I get an order I need to fill, or at least highlight the "Order" menu with the number of order that need attention as a little badge overlay.

Response from Skubana

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the community and for choosing us as your platform. We are extremely happy that you are having a remarkable experience on Skubana. We pride ourselves in our technology and our account management support.

Happy Selling!
Chad

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great Product for a Growing Company

Reviewed on 08/06/2017

Pros

I like the ease of use and the fact that it's online so I can access it anywhere at any time. Also, the linkage to my webstores and third party logistics centers was quite easy! It's very simple to train new employees on. Its a very good tool for small to medium sized companies.

Cons

The PO section can definitely be improved upon. The way it does partial line items is very frustrating. I also found that the customer support person I worked with was restricting the overall ability of Skubana due to their lack of knowledge about what could be done. I ended up doing things I was told were not possible. Pretty frustrating to learn on my own.

Ben M.

Awesome Software, Brilliant Customer Service

Reviewed on 20/12/2016

We have been using Skubana for about a year now and it has really fixed our inventory issues. The best part - the staff. Emily walked through onboarding with us every step of the way and is still available to jump on a call or respond to us with questions. We have about 30,000 SKU's with inventory in our own warehouse and amazon.com - so we needed a software that worked well with both. We tried 5 different programs before Skubana, so we did our homework. We also used different shipping programs before, but Skubana eliminates those and really works well as an all-in-one solution. So, the bottom line is If you are looking for an all in one solution to keeping track of inventory on all your platforms, issuing PO's, shipping, don't look any further. Skubana is the best.

Pros

Ease of use.
Customer Service.

Cons

Price.

Emily S.

Skubana is Quality!

Reviewed on 24/06/2016

As our e-commerce business is growing and we are expanding to other selling platforms we were looking for a management system that could help us manage our inventory, warehousing and our orders. We came across Skubana about 3 months ago and at first we were a bit intimidated with all that it has to offer and the learning curve, however we had not found anything as sophisticated in the market as Skubana.

We decided to try Skubana to see if it truly offered everything that we were looking for. We are pleased with our decision to give Skubana a try. Since contracting with Skubana we have found that a parts of our business has become automated, relieving us of great stress and frustrations.

Because this system is so intricate and complex, Skubana assigned an account manager to us to ensure that we completely understand how to use it. We are ever so grateful to our account manager Wali. He has been extremely patient with us and has gone above and beyond to make sure we understand all of it's functions so we get the most out of it. There is a learning curve to Skubana, however with an assigned account manager and all of it's functions it is well worth taking the time to understand and put it to work for you!

Pros

Excellent customer service and training

Cons

There is a learning curve

Response from Skubana

Emily,

We are so happy to be working with you and your team. Your comments and feedback since you've started with us have also helped us grow and learn more on how we can further improve Skubana to make it fully worthwhile and useful.

Thank you for trusting us with your business!

The Skubana Team

Tyler P.

A Game Changer

Reviewed on 23/11/2015

We've been looking for years for a solution to support our fast-growing multi-channel ecommerce business. We tried several other 'competitors' (though, I would not call them that), but they were all missing the pieces to the puzzle. Skubana was the first software solution to have all pieces to the puzzle. This sets them apart in the industry. They get it. They were built from the ground-up knowing the limitations of their competitor's offerings. They made sure they could address those missing pieces. Chad and his team have been top-notch and it has been a great pleasure working with them from launch to running day-to-day operations. I would highly recommend Skubana.

Pros

- total back-end solution for ecommerce businesses big and small
- includes many features and integrations
- lots of new features and integrations always being released
- ground-breaking analytics (now and more coming)
- superlative support

Cons

- learning curve is steeper than expected

Response from Skubana

Thank you so much for your feedback. Looking forward helping you achieve much more success this holiday season and beyond!

Isser B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Amazing product that saves tons of time and money

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Pros

This product is well thought out. It is the difference between running a successful online business.

The cost savings are immense.

Cons

The price is a little high, and will be expensive for a small start up company.

Nicholai J.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Best ERP...EVER!

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Very good.

Pros

We spent a lot of money trying to find everything that skubana can do. I wish we found them earlier. The best part is to be able to forecast inventory needed across multiple fulfillment centers around the world.

Cons

It's all good. Takes alittle bit of time to setup...but they do the work for us. so its great!

Response from Skubana

Amazing review. Thank you for being a customer!

Caleb R.

Most intuitive UX of the top platforms we've used... by far!

Reviewed on 06/06/2017

Pros

We have attempted several other, well regarded, inventory management/order tracking systems and none of them have come close to the robust capabilities combined with the thoughtful UX of Skubana. Their automation and orderbots were very simple to set up. Their support was great in getting us off the ground and running.

If you are looking for a comprehensive platform I highly recommend you consider Skubana. They've been outstanding for us!

Cons

I know most platforms charge a % of revenue and even though Skubana's is just 0.25% I still wish this fee was not a necessary part of their pricing model.

Jeremy W.

I love automating my business with SKubana!

Reviewed on 30/10/2015

The number 1 item I am looking to do in my businesses is automation. When I learned of all the automation features in SKubana it was a no brainer to get it. Many repetitive and time consuming tasks has been set for me in the software and frees me up to do other things ie product research, strategy, play with kids :) etc. I figured if I saved 1 hour a week (I save way more time than that so far) then this software is worth its weight in gold. Thank you for creating Skubana!

Pros: automation! being able to track stats that are essential -PROFITABILITY stats on best sellers and worst sellers shipping automation all in one!

Cons: the terminology in the platform I am getting used to there are so many features I know I am not fully utilizing them so will take me time to learn everything

Response from Skubana

Hey Jeremy - Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Skubana. Automation on our platform is key to working ON your business, not IN your business. If you need help, always feel free to contact us to get further ramped up on our product feature set.

Marlene W.

Excellent Experience!!

Reviewed on 21/06/2016

We had an excellent experience with Skubana! Our account manager was fantastic and we absolutely loved having the one-on-one support. The analytics were exceptional and really helped us to understand where our business was standing and where we wanted to go in the future. We signed up looking for a way to manage orders between eBay and Amazon and Skubana did an amazing job of handling this.

Pros

The personalized account management was superior. Our account manager was always available (including nights and weekends) and never had to briefed on our back story... he remembered us well and was always familiar with our situation and able to resolve any issue we came across. Integration was incredibly simple compared to other apps. The interface was easy to navigate and the support and training materials were very helpful.

Cons

The only con is that Skubana is a bit pricy for a small business like ourselves. The fees involved weren't worth our continued patronage but we hope to grow our business and be back in the future because Skubana is the best by far.

Katya G.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great Platform and their support team is amazing!!

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Overall experience is great! Skubana has an amazing support team that helps us to make our work more efficient.

Pros

I like order management in Skubana the most.

Cons

I like Skubana a lot overall. I think there is room for improvement in exporting inventory reports to be able to pull reports for multiple warehoused in one pull. Everything else is great!

• Industry: Accounting

Best on the Market for Multi-Channel E Commerce Sellers

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

Skubana helps us understand client inventory valuation and margins so we can identify areas for improvement.

Pros

As a CPA working with multi-channel E Commerce clients, I rely heavily on the data provided by Skubana for accurate inventory valuations. In my opinion, Skubana is the best product on the market for multi-channel sellers! Very easy to use, the data is compiled into an easy to use interface, and the Skubana support team is amazing. Very highly recommend other CPA's refer their multi-channel E Commerce clients to Skubana.

Cons

Like other multi-channel inventory management programs on the market, I wish they had a working interface with QuickBooks Online.

Good ERP Solution That Has Most of What We Need

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Pros

Easy order routing
Transferring inventory between warehouses is effortless
Syncing products across channels is well done

Cons

Inventory views for daily, weekly, monthly inventory are almost non-existent
Analytics and reporting features are lacking
Processing manual orders takes multiple steps

Nate D.

A MUST For Any Growing Ecommerce Business

Reviewed on 04/12/2015

When running an ecommerce business, you look for the tools that are going to put you in position to succeed. Skubana is definitely one of those tools. It came highly recommended by my accountant, and it's one that my ecommerce business will never be without.

Pros

It gives you a real look into your business with up to the second inventory reports, as well as profitability reports that show you exactly which products are making you the most money.

It allows you to scale beyond your wildest dreams without skipping a beat.

It has a friendly & helpful staff which are willing to help you at every turn.

Cons

It does take some time to get a handle on everything

Response from Skubana

We are tremendously happy to know that Skubana is helping you scale your business. We appreciate your business.

• Industry: Management Consulting

SKUBANA is the premier multi-channel inventory management tool

Reviewed on 01/03/2017

Pros

It was built by someone who has experience selling on different ecommerce platforms and the features reflect this knowledge

Cons

Sometimes I have issues with my return labels. Probably something I have to fix in my inventory identification system.

Eli R.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 17/10/2016

Great platform

Reviewed on 13/03/2020

All in all I highly recommend this platform.

Pros

We've been using Skubana for more than 2 years now. It was a game changer for us. It's great to have everything under one roof. Since we joined it looks like they've spent a great effort on fixing small bugs and now they're starting to add new features. All in all I highly recommend this platform.

Cons

Small bugs and annoyances which I know they are working on fixing.

DEAR Systems and Cin7

Reasons for Choosing Skubana

Skubana is more robust.

Order Desk

Reasons for Switching to Skubana

Cin7 was lacking features and was horribly expensive.
Stephan J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Incredibly well architected, holistically integrated warehouse/inventory/fulfillment management

Reviewed on 19/07/2016

We switched to Skubana in the context of opening up our own 10k sqft warehouse. Skubana powers our entire warehouse, inventory and fulfillment functions and we could not be happier. The system was designed and developed by a team of successful ecommerce entrepreneurs, e.g., the founder and CEO Chad is a top 100 Amazon seller. This experience really shows in how they architected Skubana from a workflow and productivity perspective. Skubana fully supports a multi-channel sales approach through various pre-built integrations (incl. Manual pick orders, Shopify, Shopify POS, Amazon and various other listing sites). Beyond that, the team is taking a very smart approach to customization, via a well documented API and app store. We process thousands of orders every week and could not be happier with our experience.

Pros

See above, incredibly well architected, flexible and holistically integrated warehouse, inventory and order fulfillment system.

Cons

The product is early stage, so every once in a while we run into small bugs or missing features. That said, I have never seen a product team respond and act upon customer feedback as quickly as the Skubana team. Bugs are fixed within hours, new features rolled out within days.

Response from Skubana

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the e-commerce seller community. We look at all feedback and appreciate your comments regarding our Skubana and our team. This will help sellers choose in a very noisy marketplace. We certainly look forward to helping you keep making more money and automating your business.