Blake H.

Good idea, not ready for prime time.

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

I like the idea of the cost vs POTS. I like the flexibility vs PBX systems. However, we have had this system for 14 months and we continue to have trouble with phones resetting causing us to lose our network connection for the associated PC. We have worked and worked and worked with customer service to resolve this problem. Fathom customer service continues to maintain that the problem is on my side in the network. We have done EVERYTHING their tech support has requested and we continue to have phone reset problems. Losing the computer network connection is one thing, losing the telephone connection while on the phone with a customer is more annoying.

I am not turned off of cloud based phone systems, however, I do question Fathom's ability to successfully implement a system remotely.

The feature set is rich. The ability to find/follow is great. Rerouting via the net is also great. So these are all good things of any cloud based system. Just make sure the vendor can handle the technical issues.

Tracy G.

Fathom Voice

Reviewed on 22/03/2016

Pros

I like being able to listen to my voicemails via email and I also like being able to forward my line to any cell phone or other phone.

Cons

That when I listen to my voicemail via email the red light doesn't clear

Melva H.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 26/08/2015

I find that Fathom is very user friendly and easy to navigate. At they company I work for we have used a few different companies and in my experience Fathom has been the best.

Pros

I love that we can record the calls. In my line of work it is very easy to not catch all the important information on a call. So having the ability to go back and review it has been very beneficial for me. Also being able to save the recording allows for my Consultants to listen to my call before they reach out to the customer for follow ups and meetings. It also is great training tool for new members of the team to be able to hear real calls.

Angie G.

• Industry: Events Services

Love it!

Reviewed on 28/08/2015

My voicemails get emailed to me, so I can receive them even when I am not at my computer.

Jalissa C.

System Needs More Work

Reviewed on 25/09/2015

Pros: Can see the caller's name and phone number
Cons: navigating through is a little difficult; has to be used in tangent with another software (in our case Bria Stretto); a lot of wait time when I'm available to speak & if I do click on "pick up," it doesn't pick it up or it takes a really long time

Joseph M.

Great and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

Great system, easy to use, have not had a problem as of yet.

Craig D.

Great Customer Service, Great Product

Reviewed on 07/10/2015

I made the switch to Fathom and have never looked back. The products are great and the service is quick.

Stacy S.

We use the phone system.

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

It seems we have had several issues with our phones since we started using Fathom. For the most part they have FINALLY been resolved but we do still have issues with calls going through sometime and OFTEN get comments that the connection is terrible. The fax option rarely works and now it seems they took the option to receive a confirmation email off the fax so now we have no idea if people are receiving our faxes at all.

Steve P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Quality

Reviewed on 27/08/2015

"I'm enjoying connecting with folks in the States while I'm on the road in Mexico. Being able to call others in the office from here, using their extension number has been very helpful."

Pros

Being able to call colleagues using their extension numbers, wherever you are, is helpful. The voice quality I experienced making calls from Mexico City was impressive.

Cons

Turing on and off the app on my cell phone has been a challenge.

Nancy T.
  • Industry: Research

Tony P.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 03/09/2015

Elizabeth F.

Main user in our office as receptionist

Reviewed on 25/09/2015

It's nice to work with most of the time. When I check voicemail manually, sometimes the right buttons send me elsewhere in the system if I have already been through 10 messages. I really like the concept of being able to use the company system on a personal phone or through the computer to de-clutter the workspace, though as the receptionist those aren't feasible options for me. I know that there is a lot more capability than I am aware of, but I am impressed with what I have learned so far.

Manis C.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 27/08/2015

Our company transitioned to Fathom Voice as our service provider when we decided to switch to a VoIP system. It was a very efficient process and we are now able to stay connected when we are out of the office. We have been very pleased with the great support, and prompt service that we always receive. Their entire staff is committed to providing excellent customer service, which makes it enjoyable to work with them. I would highly recommend Fathom Voice, I think they are an outstanding company!

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A Robust Call Center Platform

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Pros

Sharpen provides a robust platform for taking a sorting calls. In my experience, the program is easily accessible from our case management platform or from a computer application. When taking a call the program displays caller information in an easily accessible manner.

Cons

My department's transition from our previous call software has been rough. Frequently the software's integration with our case management platform fails and information is lost or not transferred correctly.

Elizabeth H.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Fathom is so much more than a Phone Service Option!

Reviewed on 26/08/2015

When I first started my business back in January, a colleague suggested that I sign up for Fathom Voice. At the time I was using Google Voice and could not imagine why I would want to invest in a service when I was getting another for free. You may be wondering the same thing. Let me tell you, it is worth it! Fathom Voice has added an extra level of professionalism to my business which, in my humble opinion, Google Voice, did not offer. I can set limits on when my phone is answered which helps me stick to my boundaries with clients. I want to serve people but have to have time to get the work done that they have retained me to do. Fathom Voice allows you to set up multiple messages if you are away or gone for a week. The phone service has brought my business to the next level. This is more than a phone service though. Why or how? Their customer support staff is amazing and out of this world! I can call with a multitude of questions, which I may have at any given moment and they are quick to respond. They are eager to help! It almost feels as though I have added someone to my team, even though they are not a part of my business. They are incredible and I highly recommend them to anyone looking to add an extra level of professionalism to their business!

Pros

1) I am able to set times (9 a.m. - 6 p.m.) during which my phone will ring
2) I can set up my phone to ring to my cell phone if I am out of the office.
3) The customer support staff is amazing! Shelby Weeks, on the front line, is incredibly patient and knowledgeable. Ryan Wharton and Britton Beaumont, in the technical support department, are always eager to help. In the event that any of these amazing people do not know the answer they are always open to doing research for me.
4) When I get a voicemail, it is sent to me as an attachment to an email. I like this because I can listen to my messages even when I am not in my physical office.

Cons

1) Unlike Google voice that goes everywhere, you cannot take your physical office desk phone everywhere. This is just the nature of having a physical desk phone.
2) Unlike Google voice, Fathom has yet to figure out how to not only receive texts from clients but also send them. At this point, I can receive texts but cannot send them. You can do this with Google Voice. I have shared this concern with the Fathom support team and they are working on it. I am sure that they will find a solution soon!
3) When you get a text message, unlike a voicemail, you do not get an email notification telling you that you have a text. This can be problematic if your clients send you texts. I have told the Fathom Support Team about this and they are working on it! I am sure that they will have a solution soon!

Benjamin M.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

FATHOM FAN

Reviewed on 26/08/2015

Fathom Voice as VoIP service is far more cost effective than having a regular phone. I found many service providers who offered low rates and excellent service plans, making it difficult to decide on the best one. After meeting with multiple companies I was introduced to Inside Sales Consultant Shelby Weeks. Shelby's overall product/service knowledge and straight forward approach, made me feel like I was speaking with an old friend, not a salesman. My then difficult decision was made easy. Our company now uses what I believe to the best VoIP company in the industry, Fathom Voice. Thank you again for all of your help.

Pros

Fathom Friday's!!!!!

Don G.

Review from Don at J S Ruiz Realty, Inc.

Reviewed on 28/08/2015

"I like the user friendly way it works. It is no problem for me to push the admin button and set myself up with office phones when it is my day on phones. No need to depend on my office." This means I can be totally independent from needing administrative assistance on weekends when no one is at the office...just the way it should be.

Brian L.

One stop solution

Reviewed on 25/08/2015

We needed a system that could allow our remote teams to painlessly stay connected while providing core communications functionality. Lots of providers out there with pieces of what we needed, but struggled to find it all in one package that was affordable and actually worked right. Actually didn't get any complaints from the team.

Pros

Easy to use and provided the full suite of functions we needed. Remote access across the country was great. Option to use soft phone on laptop with Polycom phone on desk also great. Automated workflow for agents was superb and our service manager was able to set up, implement, and manage without a lot of training or consulting.

Cons

No real cons to speak of. Would love to see them come out with their own CRM, though the integration with salesforce has been great.

Kevin R.

Great so far!

Reviewed on 29/09/2015

i haven't taken a lot of calls at this time. So far the system has worked well for me.

Andrew C.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity
  • Used for 1-5 months

Sharpen is an incredible contact center platform

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

It's been an incredible experience thus far.

Pros

The cloud-based aspect makes it far easier to maintain than previous systems

Cons

They seemed to be spread thin on support

Lindsay H.

Emily B.

Fathom voice has worked wonders compared to past providers

Reviewed on 26/08/2015

My Company currently uses Fathom Voice for our companies needs. The service with fathom has been wonderful compared to some other systems I have used in the past with other companies i have worked for. The phones usually have a great connection.

Pros

Good connection
I like that I can instantly listen to recorded calls

Cons

We are supposed to have access to use text/international text, but it has never worked for us, or we have not been trained to appropriately use it
Sometimes there is a really long lag between the time the call is placed and the time it actually connects to start ringing

Anastasia P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Cloud contact center platform

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Sharpen can help to optimize customer service for the business.

Pros

This cloud based solution can improve and helps to establish better relationships with customers. It has very useful call monitoring and call analytics.

Cons

There is no free trial version and it has just two pricing plans, one is for full contact center and another one for unified communications app. Both plans are expensive.

Dylan R.

Mediocre

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

Overall: This system offers nothing outside of the norm of any other VOIP business phone system. The Web interface is slightly more intuitive than others, though it is difficult sometimes to know if a setting change has actually been accepted and changed. However, there is much to be desired in execution of calls. About a quarter of dialed calls will hang without ever connecting, then disconnect. There is no consistency with this issue as to the number being dialed. (One number may fail three times in a row, then connect on the fourth attempt. Others might fail once, then connect on the next attempt.) We have had an outstanding service issue since deploying last January which has yet to be resolved wherein any calls going to our after-hours support line generate two notification emails and two duplicate voicemails. While not critical, it is a nuisance, and the only time we receive updates on the status of the service case is when we ask for them.

Pros: Slightly easier to use and deploy than similar products. Slightly more intuitive web controls. Service department will respond when prompted.

Cons: Service could be much more pro-active in reporting status of cases back to clients. Call failures can be a headache.