AVG Antivirus Business Edition

4.3 (2,001)
Business antivirus with endpoint solution & server security

(2,001)
4.4/5

2001 Reviews

fabian

The AVG Security Review

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

AVG has a simple interface where you can control all your security needs. I love using it as i can pinpoint what security features need to run and only activate that to save time.

Pros

AVG has a generous free offering and provides extremely capable security against ransomware, malware and spyware. There are great additions which i need to protect myself from harmful cookies and unsanctioned tracking.

Cons

They made the support system too complex . Good thing the platform itself is very user friendly and you will hardly ever require the support system.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Avast and AVG are basically the same so I switch between the two wherever i get the better deal.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

At the time of purchase I received a better overall deal from AVG and I received a great free trial for VPN usage.
Luke
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Always there for you

Reviewed on 18/07/2022

Makes me feel safe about my computer's.

Pros

It's free version is better than the rest. Of course the paid is better and offers tons more.

Cons

It offers its own search page and some employers of older age accept it and then have difficulty finding everything they need. It is not as good as Google.

Jordan

Cheap, effective but a hog for resources

Reviewed on 25/06/2022

Pros

It protects our pcs from pretty much anything

Cons

It is a resource hog and can dramatically slow down your machine.

Melissa

Love the business edition of AVG

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Pros

I love how easy AVG Antivirus Business Edition is for our multiple computer business to use. Its easy to set up on all devices.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about AVG Antivirus

Powertech Antivirus

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

The business edition was something I wanted to try that they don't offer.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

The name has a good reputation
Girish

Best in Antivirus At Mid Range

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Its been great expect as system resources used are very less.

Pros

Fast installation and less system resources utilization.

Cons

Slight delay in update and less feature as compared to costly antivirus

Antonio
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

AVG experience on local work station

Reviewed on 22/04/2022

Pros

Very effective in the protection from virus with very easy & quick set-up for screening

Cons

Less effective against malwares and email screening

Pawan

The AVG Business edition is the perfect choice for business security

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Pros

The moment any application is downloaded into the system, this app checks for the malwares and removes them instantly.

Cons

The software requires renewal every year and the cost of renewal for the business version is quite high.

Eutiquio
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Light and Effective

Reviewed on 18/07/2022

Pros

AVG Antivirus Business Edition is good at detecting viruses and malware. It is easy to use. It's user-friendly. Good for budget computers.

Cons

Cons with this software for me is the graphical interface. I think the team can do more with it.

• Industry: Online Media

AVG Antivirus

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

Pros

It's Good software and easy to use.and work automatically

Cons

According to me no have any cons about this software

Amal
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Does the job.

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

Pros

I used it in office laptops and it does the job.

Cons

Sometimes the scan time is bit long. Nothing else.

Emir

One of the most efficient and effective antivirus solutions

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

Ever since we started using this software we have felt quite safe and protected due to its continuous active scanning which boosts our confidence from time to time. Altogether, I greatly appreciate all of the services that have been rendered by this software as in a business world nowadays all of the malware attacks hold a very crucial position. In my opinion, it is one of the best and most compelling antivirus software out there. It is undoubtedly one of the perfect solutions available in the market currently. This software helps you protect yourself from all kinds of cyber and malware attacks that can typically harm your files which are immensely important to us.

Pros

AVG AntiVirus Business Edition is an Antivirus Software that has been my most favorite endpoint security software. It is being used in my whole organization for a long time now. It keeps all of our systems running and protected from all different types of malware attacks that are bound to happen. Undoubtedly, this is one of the most incredible tools because it has actually helped my organization quite a lot as confidentiality is one of the most crucial concerns while running an organization and AVG AntiVirus Business Edition has looked into this very critically. AVG AntiVirus Business Edition is a great software when it comes to monitoring all of the user accessibility plus all the traffic flows. Apart from that, This software has a fast scanning speed which is very great for us.

Cons

AVG AntiVirus Business Edition is very positive, it is also negative due to some of the limitations which I have found with my personal experience with this software. I personally think that this software demands more attention in its interface as it is lacking in many aspects.

Ross
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

It's good but a little pricey

Reviewed on 09/05/2021

This is one of those solutions that is working well for small and medium businesses where maybe they just need something that is going to do the job well enough and don't have the skills or finance to have something with more options and features set-up. At least this is where I have seen the value of it. It sets up easily isn't too much of a hassle in the background and if you're just using standard software then there's unlikely to be any need for anything more than AVG for business. If the price is manageable, then it's a good solution.

Pros

AVG provides all the familiar options for customising the "when where and how" for scanning the incoming and outgoings from a business, and these are handled well. However the most noticeably good thing for us when we replaced our previous protection was the increase in responsiveness for our slightly aging machines. AVG seems to have gotten back to being relatively lightweight which is great!

Cons

I don't like the console, it's a bit difficult to navigate and some unintuitive buttons and options for controlling and containing things. Mostly these are fine and may even serve to make it difficult to do anything particularly dangerous or silly without knowing what you are doing but they can act like a hurdle if you do want to tinker around more than normal. Also we hated the aggressiveness of advertising in the free version.

Bitdefender GravityZone

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Norton was incredibly frustrating in terms of system resource use and pop up notifications

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

It was a known name and while the console is frustrating to use and navigate, it was still better than the alternatives.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Time Tested Reliability

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

After 20 years of reliable protection, my experience with AVG software has been nothing less than exceptional, and I've always highly recommended their products to everyone.

Pros

I have been using AVG products for 20 years on multiple devices and the protection is bar-none. The user interface is easy to use, even for a novice. The passive protection provided by AVG gives the user peace of mind while using their computer and being connected to the internet. AVG has browser integrations which further protect you while you browse and will flag a malicious site or download file before it is opened or downloaded to your device. I cannot recommend AVG software and services enough!

Cons

I cannot find any cons to be honest, like any security software, it won't detect everything as internet security is an evolving issue.

Alexander

AVG the old faithful

Reviewed on 07/08/2020

In our business we work with some of the largest banks in South Africa, they require strict security on our workstations and with AVG we meet all their requirements.

Pros

I used AVG free years ago on my personal computer around 2006, now using AVG Business I can confidently say AVG is one of the best if not the best Anti Virus software around. AVG uses only a fraction of your PC's resources, AVG is light in load but heavy in defence. At our company since using AVG have not had 1 security breach.

Cons

If I were to raise a con on this amazing software, it would be there are quite a few notifications per day (Possibly remove them in settings?)

Norton AntiVirus and Avast Business Pro Plus

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

ESET's pricing was very high, therefore the obvious choice was AVG

ESET Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

AVG has a proven track record.
Greg
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Safe from Hack Attacks

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

Like most - I'm on my computer constantly at work and at home. Before switching to AVG my computer suffered from numerous viruses and hacks. However, once I switched to AVG - I have been virus free and free from hacks as well. It's nice to start working with your computer each day - not worried about hacks or bugs infecting you space. I highly recommend AVG for work or personal computers!

Pros

The confidence this software gives me every single day is priceless. There are many features about AVG to like - It is offers complete customization and allows you to choose what type of scan or protection you are in need of most.

Cons

One of the things I like least about the software is they will occasionally offer different types of protection and once you click on it - you'll find it is an advertisement to purchase additional protection. That part can be a bit annoying - but it's easy to deal with for the peace of mind you are receiving.

Lisa

AVG keeps our association cyber-safe!

Reviewed on 13/03/2020

It has been a positive experience from day one using AVG. With most every aspect of our association needing the internet for the day-to-day workings of our organization, it's great to feel secure knowing that our computer and online activities are kept safe from hackers and malware.

Pros

AVG makes it super easy to keep our association's online activities safe. They offer a variety of budget-friendly products for internet security, such as for protecting our system from malware and viruses. The most convenient feature is the automatic updates ... we have peace of mind knowing we are protected from any new cyber threats that may come up.

Cons

With using AVG on a daily basis for more than 10 years, we have never had any issues or concerns ... really, there is nothing not to like about the AVG internet security products!

Daniel
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Best Internet Security, Hands Down!

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

I will continue to use AVG and tend to recommend it to friends and family who are having problems with internet garbage and viruses. I have not had one problem with it installed on a computer. Maybe I'm lucky; probably, AVG works!

Pros

AVG Internet Security is my go-to anti-virus software. I use it for all of my business computers, personal computers, and always recommend it. I have never had a problem.

Cons

Honestly, AVG has never given me problems. My husband is a tech nerd and swears by Bitdefender but I have had multiple problems with functionality of their antivirus. AVG is solid.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Bitdefender is intrusive and limits my abilities.

Bitdefender GravityZone

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

I have used Norton in the past and was not impressed with the price, service, or usefulness. I'm glad I chose AVG
Donald
  • Industry: Photography

Great Value Internet Security

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

AVG Internet Security helps protect my desktop computer. It is very beneficial because it helps ensure that my computer is protected from Internet issues. It solves the potential for Internet issues.

Pros

I like that AVG Internet Security is free. Other similar services are very expensive. AVG is the only free service I could find.

Cons

The least thing I liked is that the AVG software can be difficult for me to use. It seems to have a different platform than McAfee. I would prefer for the platform to be similar to McAfee.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

I switched from McAfee because McAfee was very expensive and AVG was free.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

AVG was free and Norton was expensive.
Dana

24/7 Security

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

As a web developer, my customers trust me to handle their information securely. Also, I do my business and personal financial accounting online so knowing that I can do that securely gives me peace of mind.

Pros

Since I rely on my computer with Internet connection for both business and personal activities daily, it's important to know that my information is secure. AVG gives me that assurance.

Cons

There are so many features and options for security, sometimes it can be difficult to navigate and understand what's right for me. However, the AVG support documentation is phenomenal and makes it easy for me to get my questions answered.

Affordability

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

AVG Internet Security has the features that I need plus extras I didn't know I needed and it is much more affordable for my small business budget.
Selena
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

No Nonsense Security, Does The Job

Reviewed on 28/09/2019

AVG has run on multiple computers and through several upgrades and operating systems and has held up and been fantastic each and every time. I will continue to use it and recommend it because I feel like it delivers on what it promises.

Pros

After so many years a slave to software like Norton which was repeatedly buggy, inefficient and had terrible customer service, AVG has been a breath of fresh air. It does what you need it to. It runs system virus checks, can secure individual downloads, can offer alerts, without all the bloatware, or constant malfunction of having things slip by it. It just works and I love it for that. Especially considering that many of these things are available in the free version of the software and you get even more security when you pay for the professional version.

Cons

Recently they have started to run what seem like alerts on the free software but are really advertisements for upgrades. I feel like this is a bit underhanded and don’t really appreciate this strategy. A simple email or sale or occasional pop up would be more effective than telling me something is not secure then asking me if I want to pay to secure it.

Osamah
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Absolute security, no more breaches!

Reviewed on 04/09/2019

Earlier and before installing AVG internet security, my PC was not protected, a lot of viruses were getting into my PC, ruining my documents, slowing down my PC and sometimes stealing my personal information.
Ever since I installed AVG Internet Security, the threats were all gone, no more malware, no more viruses, simply complete protection!

it might be missing a few features and tools but what it lacks in features it makes it up by the great performance and the trusted protection, I have never been satisfied more with any other Antivirus Softwares!

Pros

One of the most important aspects to me when choosing any Antivirus software is the stability and high performance, AVG Internet Security provides them both.

it is smooth, it will not slow down your PC, it will not drain your CPU and most importantly it will provide the needed protection to prevent any malicious activities and breaches.

Overall the software has got all of the features that is needed for a software to qualify as an Anti-virus software, such as; link protection, email protection, and of course an online shield.

through 3 years of using this software, I can safely say its performance is amongst the top in the field and can compete with many many other Anti-Virus Softwares.

Cons

I think some people might not like the software for lacking the Parental Control feature, although it does not affect me personally.

The software is missing some important tools like Online backup tools and some others that are likely to get people frustrated.

Scott

Much More Than Just Free Protection

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

AVG has given me solid protection for an affordable price, and makes it easy to manage my home systems through their export and import settings feature, which covers every part of the software. In using their unlimited devices license I am able to deploy Internet Security on ALL my home systems, and configure them all in just seconds by just importing my config file and signing into my account.

Pros

The PAID version of AVG is much improved over the free version, beyond the obvious expanded abilities. Since switching I've seen a significant decrease in memory and cpu usage without affecting the software's abilities, which is a huge PRO over performance draining AV softwares. Another big pro is how easy they've made it to temporarily pause protection for random amounts of time, and they've made it MUCH easier to add exclusions for folders AND files than previous years. The export/import settings feature is a HUGE time saver, especially if you are using their unlimited systems version on multiple PCs.

Cons

Even though switching to the paid version reduces system usage a good bit, I still consider AVG too resource intensive. However, the biggest con is that they still try to sneak in extra software on you. In my case, they snuck in a trial version of their AVG Tune Up despite the fact that I did a custom install and that program wasn't shown as being available.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Price. I caught a sale at NewEgg that was simply too good to resist!
Mariana

An easy-to-use tool that allows you to have your electronic equipment, at home or in your...

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

This software has been too valuable a tool for the security issue, keeps the electronic equipment always clean of malicious viruses, as well as family information, photos, documents, personal files and / or other tools will always be protected and will not be hacked. AVG will review Internet security programs, including periodic scans, scans of emails sent and received (including the addition of page attachments to emails indicating this), the ability to repair some virus-infected files, and a security vault virus, where the infected files are saved, a simile to a quarantine zone

Pros

It protects the team from malicious viruses that damage our computers and then it is hard to replace them because of the high cost.
Protection to email and the web
Protection for USB or any external recordable device
Protection against hacker attacks
Protection of privacy
Protection to the family circle, when obtaining photos and private documents and not hacked from our equipment.
Security in mobile equipment, you can download the application for cell phones
Easy to install
Scanning of emails sent and received (including adding footers to emails that indicate it), the ability to "repair" some files infected by viruses

Cons

Can only be used at home, without commercial use
Does not include a "Game Mode" (silent detection)
Always show an ad to buy the professional version
The toolbar uninstaller does not work, but reinstalls the add-on if it is removed manually.
While it has regular updates, the paid version has more priority in downloading signatures for the latest viruses
You can not analyze units in the network in the work area, you have to make each computer and that means time consumption for the operator that runs it.

Alexandru
  • Industry: Banking

Great antimalware technology product with the potential to be in the top 5

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

Great protection level, I would rank AVG IS in the top 10 antimalware solutions.

Pros

Greater than average detection rate. Low resources requirements and usage. Good-great user interface, intuitive placing of settings and enough granularity for entry and mid-level users.

Cons

It only crashed on very few occasions per 100 PCs, but when it did - it was catastrophic and the Windows systems did not boot and/or they were unrecoverable.
Prices are a bit higher than expected with more capable solutions being priced lower or the same by the competiton.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Resources use, malware detection rate.

Rodney

AVG is your virtual watch dog for strangers intruding on your personal digital space

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

AVG continues to be a leader in the cyber security landscape. I personally use this both at work and on my personal PC as I find that generally it seems to take less system resources when do scans. Other antivirus software seems to "force" me to take a coffee break when it starts to scan, while this does its job in the background like a janitor cleaning my garbage pail. I mean what else can you ask for?

Pros

This was pretty straight forward to implement, which is always a bonus from an IT perspective. The ease of rollout and management of this was one of the reasons why there are certain departments in my organization that has a preference for using this as their preferred anti virus. The background scans also seem to not take up as many system resources as well

Cons

From an anti virus perspective I dont actually have much complaints. Its there, updates on its own and is almost self regulating. Honestly not much to complain about as it seems to do its job