AVG Antivirus Business Edition Reviews

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

4.3 (2,125)
Business antivirus with endpoint solution & server security

(2,125)

JAZE
JAZE
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

AVG Antivirus Business Edition (In My Opinion)

Reviewed on 27/08/2021

It has reduced the amount of cyber disruptions I was facing dramatically. I inherited a computer from one of my colleagues that just gave up on his device and decided to rather donate it to me instead seeing that I was more computer-savvy. I found the device to be riddled with trojan horses and rootkits of all sorts, but one quick installation of AVG sorted that computer out quickly and now I am able to use it with no problems.

Pros

AVG is an easy to use, hassle-free solution for everyone. It has clear-cut, straightforward user interface that's simple enough to navigate through and does a good job of keeping cyber threats away from your system.

Cons

It takes quite a while to get the job done, it scans for so long that you end up thinking something went wrong with it but I guess it is just doing a thorough job of finding any faults your machine might be suffering from.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

I had a copy of AVG on me at the time so I decided to give it a try and see how effective it would be, it definitely got the job done.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Very strong and powerful antivirus software

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

I like it most for best internet working free from several viruses.

I like it most for best internet working free from several viruses.

Pros

Way of capturing viruses and scanning technology

Cons

It's multiple functions and tools for different types of viruses

Gaurav
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 1+ year

Decent Anti Virus Solution for Home PC

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

My overall experience with AVG Internet Security has been satisfying with some caveats. The free version of software enables my computer to get protection against existing virus or malware attacks but not future unless I keep updating the virus definitions or upgrade to the paid version. If I update virus definitions or upgrade to paid, I end up paying more in acquiring more RAM or Hard Disk. Additionally, this software sometimes conflicts with firewall. So, certain software stop working as a result of its installation.

Pros

Using AVG Internet Security anti virus software, I was able to protect my business from financial losses caused as a result of virus attacks. The best part of AVG software is its ability to auto update anti virus definitions as new viruses and malware are being developed by hackers. So, I don't have to worry about protection against new viruses. I can also schedule a time during which the virus scan will run so my office work doesn't get impacted. I also appreciate its simple interface which makes it easy to use the software.

Cons

AVG Internet Security anti virus software has free and paid versions. The free version has limited features so it doesn't do as good a job of protecting against new viruses, malware and malicious threats as the paid one does. Reason: There is a limit on how often the virus definitions will be updated. After that limit is crossed, the user will keep getting prompts to download the paid version. The only way to uninstall the prompts is to uninstall the free version. Additionally, downloading the anti virus software slows down the computer if you have a limited random access memory and hard disk. So, you need to invest in higher memory computer which make the free version software not really free.

JOCILENE
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

great app. I really liked.

Reviewed on 29/01/2024

I REALLY LIKE THE APP, IT'S RELIABLE, EASY TO USE AND GREAT PRICE

I REALLY LIKE THE APP, IT'S RELIABLE, EASY TO USE AND GREAT PRICE

Pros

I HAD A VIRUS ON MY CELL PHONE AND A FRIEND RECOMMENDED IT TO ME AND IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Cons

IT LEFT MY PHONE SLOW AND LOCKING IN A FEW INSTANTS

• Industry: Banking

My first free antivirus

Reviewed on 29/01/2020

It is an excellent free software for those who want to surf the internet safely, without having to pay for an antivirus.

Pros

AVG Internet Security was my first free antivirus. But unlike other antivirus products on the market, the free version is complete. Protects your computer from spyware, malware, trojans, among other types of viruses. The scan is complete and passes through all drivers.

Cons

Although the free version has many benefits, the user of this version receives many advertisements to upgrade to the paid version. The free version should have an option in the settings to not receive promotions.

• Industry: Medical Devices

Provides good protection, but not appealing to have

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

It is getting the job done, but I wish it was more quiet and "in the background" and less present. The user interface is extremely simple so you wont be intimidated by any complicated settings.

Pros

I like most about AVG the scanning speed. It is very fast, even for large executables. It even searches within executables (the kind that have packed files within). The auto updates and customizable auto computer scans are great.

Cons

The really dislike the amount of popups it has of itself. All the time it will pop up an ad for itself, asking you to upgrade to the better version. This can be quite annoying.

Kevin

Feeling Safe With AVG

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Overall I love it and trust all my computers to AVG to stay safe.

Overall I love it and trust all my computers to AVG to stay safe.

Pros

I find AVG has a pretty comprehensive set of tools to keep my computers clean and safe. Update are regular and overall the software is quite simple to use. It is a great combination of power and ease.

Cons

Sometimes the software seems a bit back end heavy in terms of CPU usage. I am not qualified to say that as a fact but only as a thought. However, it is a worthwhile trade-off for power and simplicity.

Affordable business antivirus solution

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

We are using the solution in one of our grant offices and I must say its proving to be effective. The added advantage of mobile protection is a good incentive too

Pros

I like that AVG offers free protection on mobile devices as long as you are a verified customer
We are applying this solution in one of our smaller departments and its within the budget. Its very affordable
Realtime protection is assured as long as it is kept in updated state.

Cons

I doubt if it can be scaled to cover the needs of the whole organisation across the globe. I don't like that I have to use another special to completely uninstall it from a decommissioned computer.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

We were impressed by the public user reviews and we were eager to try it out, results were impressive enough
Latonja
Latonja
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Safe&Secure

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Pros

AVG Internet Security suite is amazing software. It blocks spam and malware impressively. It will keep your systems running smoothly.

Cons

This software does lag on updates from time to time.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

It worked best for me and it was also very affordable
César José
César José
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Acceptable, but not at the level of the competition.

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Pros

The software fulfills the purpose of being a tool to detect viruses and threats to the computer. It has a simple installation process, and it detects the most frequent viruses that appear while browsing the Internet. The virus database engine works fine, but I think it could be much more optimal with regards to recall consumption.

Cons

The graphical interface is not very nice, but it fulfills the purpose of guiding the user in the first use. Before it offered an attractive offer, but now it is one more of many. The database engine consumes a lot of computer resources, and its update sometimes requires more time than the competition, but it is a minor detail.

Selena
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

No Nonsense Security, Does The Job

Reviewed on 28/09/2019

AVG has run on multiple computers and through several upgrades and operating systems and has held up and been fantastic each and every time. I will continue to use it and recommend it because I feel like it delivers on what it promises.

Pros

After so many years a slave to software like Norton which was repeatedly buggy, inefficient and had terrible customer service, AVG has been a breath of fresh air. It does what you need it to. It runs system virus checks, can secure individual downloads, can offer alerts, without all the bloatware, or constant malfunction of having things slip by it. It just works and I love it for that. Especially considering that many of these things are available in the free version of the software and you get even more security when you pay for the professional version.

Cons

Recently they have started to run what seem like alerts on the free software but are really advertisements for upgrades. I feel like this is a bit underhanded and don’t really appreciate this strategy. A simple email or sale or occasional pop up would be more effective than telling me something is not secure then asking me if I want to pay to secure it.

Greg
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Safe from Hack Attacks

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

Like most - I'm on my computer constantly at work and at home. Before switching to AVG my computer suffered from numerous viruses and hacks. However, once I switched to AVG - I have been virus free and free from hacks as well. It's nice to start working with your computer each day - not worried about hacks or bugs infecting you space. I highly recommend AVG for work or personal computers!

Pros

The confidence this software gives me every single day is priceless. There are many features about AVG to like - It is offers complete customization and allows you to choose what type of scan or protection you are in need of most.

Cons

One of the things I like least about the software is they will occasionally offer different types of protection and once you click on it - you'll find it is an advertisement to purchase additional protection. That part can be a bit annoying - but it's easy to deal with for the peace of mind you are receiving.

Ross
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

It's good but a little pricey

Reviewed on 09/05/2021

This is one of those solutions that is working well for small and medium businesses where maybe they just need something that is going to do the job well enough and don't have the skills or finance to have something with more options and features set-up. At least this is where I have seen the value of it. It sets up easily isn't too much of a hassle in the background and if you're just using standard software then there's unlikely to be any need for anything more than AVG for business. If the price is manageable, then it's a good solution.

Pros

AVG provides all the familiar options for customising the "when where and how" for scanning the incoming and outgoings from a business, and these are handled well. However the most noticeably good thing for us when we replaced our previous protection was the increase in responsiveness for our slightly aging machines. AVG seems to have gotten back to being relatively lightweight which is great!

Cons

I don't like the console, it's a bit difficult to navigate and some unintuitive buttons and options for controlling and containing things. Mostly these are fine and may even serve to make it difficult to do anything particularly dangerous or silly without knowing what you are doing but they can act like a hurdle if you do want to tinker around more than normal. Also we hated the aggressiveness of advertising in the free version.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Norton was incredibly frustrating in terms of system resource use and pop up notifications

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

It was a known name and while the console is frustrating to use and navigate, it was still better than the alternatives.
Donald
  • Industry: Photography

Great Value Internet Security

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

AVG Internet Security helps protect my desktop computer. It is very beneficial because it helps ensure that my computer is protected from Internet issues. It solves the potential for Internet issues.

Pros

I like that AVG Internet Security is free. Other similar services are very expensive. AVG is the only free service I could find.

Cons

The least thing I liked is that the AVG software can be difficult for me to use. It seems to have a different platform than McAfee. I would prefer for the platform to be similar to McAfee.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

I switched from McAfee because McAfee was very expensive and AVG was free.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

AVG was free and Norton was expensive.
Aline Cristina

My experience with AVG Antivirus software.

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

In my opinion, it's reasonable software, it's lightweight for the pc but it let some viruses escape on my computer.

Pros

It's easy to use software and you don't need to have much knowledge to handle this antivirus.
It has several features and functionalities to detect some viruses on your computer.

Cons

Although it is a very easy antivirus to handle, what I least liked was the fact that although I had it on my computer, it was not able to detect some viruses that I ended up discovering after using another antivirus.

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Because I wanted to test AVG to see what its features and functionality were like, but I found it reasonable.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

I wanted to test him to see if he was an excellent software, compared to the others I already knew.
Reece

My anti-virus of choice

Reviewed on 10/04/2020

I've used this for many years and always seems to be my go-to option when I need free anti-virus. Most of the time it will keep your system well protected. Most of the time!

Pros

This is probably the "best" free antivirus software you're likely to find and has a solid reputation with many years experience under its belt. For the most part, it does the job quite well.

Cons

Can sometimes feel a little "clunky" to use, and unlike alternative "paid" options, does not include the whole internet security package with firewalls and other security tools you're likely to find in premium products.

Darren

AVG anti virus

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Since utilising AVG and AVG Free I have not had an issue with any malicious software on any of my multiple PC and family PCs. Which is quite a good outcome with teenage kids and downloaded games. Very happy to recognise and pass on our positive review.

Pros

AVG has been my go to product for anti virus for many years. Since utilising AVG and AVG Free I have not had an issue with any malicious software on any of my multiple PC and family PCs.

Cons

We have not experienced any negative effects with AVG, as such I have no items to add to the cons list.

Kamal
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Excellent experience

Reviewed on 28/08/2021

Pros

Excellent antivirus, I've been using another antivirus for a long time. And since 2 years I've been using this program, it's very light in memory than what I had before and yet it's cheaper.

Cons

There are no obvious flaws in this program

Bitdefender GravityZone and Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

It makes my device slow and expensive

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

When I tried other programs, I did not like the effectiveness and price
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Good and Light Anti-Virus

Reviewed on 28/01/2020

Overall, I am happy with AVG Antivirus. It is the first ever anti-virus I used on all of my computers.

Pros

AVG Business Edition is one of the most popular anti-virus in the market. This belongs to my top 3 for anti-virus softwares. It is light on resources (CPU and RAM usage) and easy to use. One of things that is important to me is being able to add a program or a folder to their exclusion list so the anti-virus will skip scanning that program or software and with AVG it's very easy to do it.

Cons

Pricing and virus detection. Other softwares beat their pricing while having a better virus detection and features.

Reasons for Switching to AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Light on resources, easy to use and has better features.
Sayed Kumail
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Overall I recommend to buy and use the app it will secure the devise for you

Reviewed on 07/05/2023

its ease of use. The software has a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy to manage security settings and customize scans.

Pros

robust protection against a wide range of online threats, including viruses, malware, spyware, and ransomware.

Cons

sometimes slow down system performance however it is batter then others

Ben

They used to be a good product with a solid foundation, but I don't feel like they are anymore

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

I used to like them and they were my go-to for anything personal computer (in both the home and office) cyber security solution, and I recommended it to anyone who asked me. However, in recent years they moved into more shady areas and I no longer recommend them. Consider alternatives like Avast instead - or check your nearby Google for "best internet security for 2020" for other alternatives, as these can change year-by-year.

Pros

It's very easy to use and set-up, and it's a known name in the industry, and in general with always anyone who owned a Windows computer in the last 10 years ago. They do provide some security, but I'm not sure it's really needed at this point in time for more users. See cons for more details.

Cons

In the past, maybe 10-15 years ago, they were my go-to antivirus etc. solution, for both home and office usage, but have since silently pivoted to more shady stuff like data collection, and practices that seem to me more like malware, and not something that protects _against_ malwares.

christophere
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Avg has effectively protected longerthen most

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

Avg has been a part of my life for years when I was young and everything was handed down because I was broke avg was there for me protecting me when I needed it most thank you avg

Pros

I would have to say first thing that comes to mind is they have offered free protection and quality protection at that to people who lack fgd budget for many years. Yes there paid service is far more exquisite in the aspect that it has more bells and whistles but regardless they have not only cared about profits which is very respectable and that holds merit and says alot about there company. what that tells me is they care about the customer. Avg has real time protection with a very frequently updated data base that contains all the new Trojans, worms, malware, ransomware and more that could potentially harm you. They efficiently watch all the right things in all the right places to catch what is coming in and going out. The avg crew are masters of there craft and can do anything your macafee and Norton can do and more I give them 2 thumbs up I'd give them 3 but I'm il equipped.

Cons

Down sides to avg is that they offer so much in avg for free that they have probably affected there own sales so cheers to them for truely caring about the customer

Joseric
Joseric
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Better safe than sorry online

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

Browse the Internet with no fear.. AVG is a reliable security blanket. Just don't be too pushy with downloading and running fishy stuff which AVG prompts you not to. :)

Pros

I switch between Linux and Windows often both at work and at home. With Linux, I'm pretty confident against viruses, malware, etc. But when I use Windows, that's when I get really worried given the past tech infections I've experienced. Luckily, now I am more confident in browsing the Internet and downloading files online. AVG is my security blanket!

AVG has been my savior and I can attest to it simply by looking at the infected or malicious files it has caught and quarantined even before it can mess up my system. I sometimes double check for false positives but so far so good with AVG.

I also feel that through the years that I have used AVG, their dev seemed to have optimized their code well (or maybe it's just my devices getting more power/ram). In any case, I find that running AVG in the background does not affect my PC performance.

Cons

I started with the Free Version (which does not come with firewall or VPN). If you need these extras, you will have to subscribe for a fee. I moved to paid and the extras are worth the peace of mind.

Paul
Paul
  • Industry: Telecommunications

AVG Internet Security, reliable and easy to install

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

AVG is a stable approach to a simple internet security level, installed at the users client....

Although the CPU usage is heavier on older laptops, pricewise it's one of the best options in the market.

Pros

Time to install and rollout is simple and well structured together.
Overall resource usage is low, and has enough functions to automate on a user level, different kind of scans and frequencies.

Overall a solid scanner, with frequent updates

Cons

Doesn't block plugins automated. Overall heavier in CPU use during checks than direct competitors.
Some bloatware on user level

Norton AntiVirus and Trellix Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing AVG Antivirus Business Edition

The question of stability on our systems

Price and quality
Daniel
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Internet security from AVG

Reviewed on 11/09/2023

Pros

The best feature of AVG Antivirus Business Edition is the reliability of its malware detection and removal capabilities. It has successfully located and isolated possible risks, giving me a sense of security for the information and systems used by my company. Particularly the real-time scanning capability has been outstanding in how quickly it reacts to any harmful activity. I also value AVG Antivirus Business Edition's user-friendly UI. The software's layout is well-organized and easy to use, making it quick to access various features and change settings. My business equipment' security status is clearly displayed on the dashboard, enabling me to keep informed and, if necessary, take immediate action.

Cons

One angle that could be worked on in AVG Antivirus Business Release is its effect on framework execution. During outputs and updates, I have seen a slight stoppage in my business frameworks. While it hasn't been a significant issue, it would be gainful if the product would limit the effect further to guarantee smooth business operations.In synopsis, AVG Antivirus Business Version has given dependable security to my business against online dangers. Its easy to understand interface and successful malware recognition have made it an important resource. In spite of the fact that there is space for execution enhancement, my general experience has been positive, and I would prescribe AVG Antivirus Business Release to organizations looking for dependable antivirus security.